Über Descript

Descript ist eine All-in-one-Audio- und Videosoftware, die die Bearbeitung so einfach wie die Bearbeitung eines Word-Dokuments macht. Bearbeite Videos, indem du Text bearbeitest.

Erfahre mehr über Descript

It is very inexpensive compared to other tools or hiring freelancers. Descript enables me to make more high-quality content, and repurpose existing content into other formats.

That there is no way to edit two separate tracks in one audio. I.e. two people speaking with their own audios).

Bewertungen zu Descript

Descript hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 165 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Descript bereits verwendet?

Cameron
Cameron
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The podcast editing tool that has helped us scale our podcast editing agency

Kommentare: Descript helps my team collaborate with clients on their podcast episodes. Hosts give us their recordings and then they leave us feedback in the form of comments on the transcript. It makes communication clear for everyone on our team and the collaboration features make it possible for us to have our remote team. We are able to help our clients sound their best with the filler word detection, something that would not be an effective option if we were editing with audio alone.

I love how easy it is to edit audio using the auto transcription. It allows for other great features like filler word and word gap detection/removal. The integration with Zapier allows us to import new media, and the publishing integrations allow us to export to hosts and other apps we use in our clients workflows.

For more advanced editing, I wish there were integrations with Adobe Audition that would make it easy to locate spots that have been commented on and then reimport or sync the changes. For our workflow, I would also love if we could utilize an API to directly integrate Descript with our workflow rather than needing to utilize Zapier.

Jordan
Sole Proprietor in Kanada
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

An Amazing Podcast Editing Tool!

Kommentare: Descript has definitely helped me grow my workflow. I'm exporting and transferring files way less. And it has also allowed me to dive into simple video editing for video podcasts and social clips.

Really love how easy it is to edit audio and video with text. Searching for specific phrases or moments via text instead of scrolling and trying to find it saves so much time!

The audio mixing features are still a bit lacking in my mind, especially if you get into a more complicated composition. But I work around by mixing and exporting audio in Pro Tools and dragging it in for the edit and music!

Paul
Business Coach in USA
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Descript hooks you with great features and let's you down when you REALLY need them.

Kommentare: I was VERY helpful and now I depend on it. It fails more than it works for me now and support sends me the same answers from their email samples. I REALLY need it today and support just LAYS there!

I love ALL the great features! When they work! Please don't depend on them though!

Worthless boilerplate support answers for PAID users. No REAL help for problems.

Jeremy
Marketing and Communications Director in USA
Darstellende Künste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best for quick and easy editing

Kommentare: Excellent for what it does, especially for quick video and podcast production.

Because it's text based, Descript makes editing video and audio easy, especially when working with complex or long files.

Because it's text based, muting background noise or other minor things that would be easy in a different editor are difficult.

Timothy
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

This Ai software is like no other

Kommentare: I love this software it is one of the most realistic Ai text to speech out there in 2022 hands down. You can adjust the spelling of the word if the Ai does not pronounce it correctly and adjust the length of time between words in increments. I've loaded 1,000 words in at a time or more with no problem and it only takes a minute or two to process then it's ready to go, in other words, it is fast.

1) I like the realistic-sounding voices 2) I like the large selection of voices 3) I like the ability to change the pitch and speed of each voice 4) I like the male and female options 5) I like the fact that you can copy and paste large amounts of text at one time to edit 6)

1) The learning curve can be a bit much 2) Not enough tutorials that get right to the point

Zaiba
Zaiba
Freelance Data Annotator in Indien
Internet, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

For Perfect Transcriptions

Kommentare: This is a must-have product that will simplify your life. You won't realize how much time it saves until you use it. Fortunately, there is a fantastic free trial to try it out. The shortcuts are really useful and will save you a significant amount of time. There is a lot to learn, but once you do, the software will save your life.

1. Descript's key feature is how it transcribes your audio and converts it into an editable word document. I was astounded to discover how simple it was to effectively cut and paste words while simultaneously moving the audio waveforms. 2. It makes use of the Google speech to text engine, which has been demonstrated to be the market leader in numerous studies. 3. Transcripts are attractive and are designated by individuals. With just one click, you can securely send transcripts with video or audio.

1. It becomes slow with time, and you must pay to utilize it on a regular basis. 2. Although the automatic, entry-level version of Descript has a transcribing accuracy of roughly 95%, there are still grammatical problems. 3. It takes longer than I expected to look over transcriptions and revise them later, so I have to spend more time correcting the transcripts even during my working hours.

Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Made My Podcasting so Much Easier!

Kommentare: I love how simple it is to cut down audio, take out sentences you don't want and edit out silences. I love the automatic syncing of audio files. My cohost and I are long distance and record audio on Zencaster which allows us to have separate audio files! Descript seamlessly matches them up. Descript saves me so much time while editing!

What I love the most is that when you delete audio from the timeline, it never actually disappears. You can easily go back in and re-add something you took out earlier. It doesn't rely on undo only, if you took out a sentence early on and decided after half an hour of editing you want that sentence back in, its right there. Incredible.

I don't like the organization on the home page, I don't quite understand the folders. I like organization and not being able to archive my finished edits versus the edits I still need to do is a bit frustrating but easy to overlook!

Lance
Lance
Content Strategist in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Descript is a gamechanger!

Kommentare: Fantastic. Couldn’t be happier.

We do a smaller podcast, and it’s cut the editing time in half. The ability to automatically delete filler words and audio gaps has been a major timesaver and the software keeps evolving. The company listens to users and makes changes accordingly. Looking forward to see where it goes from here.

I have no real complaints. The editing tool can sometimes be a bit wonky, but I think it’s note user error than a problem with the tool.

Carl
Carl
VO Artist in Philippinen

SMOOTH Audio Editing

Kommentare: I've been able to edit audio a lot faster which means faster turn around on my VO project and a lot less friction from starting a project to completion. I used to dread jumping into Adobe Audition to record and edit files for Voice Over. Descript is a lot smoother.

The quick auto transcription was really a game-changer for editing audio.

There was a little learning curve for figuring out playback, but they've since fixed it.

Cole
Support Specialist in Kanada
Computer-Software, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

The best screen recording software out there.

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Very positive. Excited to play around with it more

The ability to record and transcribe how-to videos in real time with ease

Nothing so far. Just started using it recently but it's been a really great tool that's been added for us across the company

Beau
VP of Marketing in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Game Changer

Kommentare: Overall it's great. As I said earlier, for people who are not experienced with editing software who need to create videos, audio files, podcasts, etc, it's a game changer in terms of ease of use, productivity, and enabling people with not video/audio editing skills.

Many startups with new products use the terms disruptive, game changer, etc. But, in the end few actually are. Based on my experience, Descript is one of those products that really is a game changer. They've taken a fundamentally different approach to video and audio editing by applying a universally familiar document editing UX to video and audio editing. This removes much of the complexity of traditional editing software and puts it into a format that's accessible by virtually anyone. The integrated transcription function is really useful and the Overdub feature is very cool for being able to make edits without re-recording and splicing in audio. And the way it's all integrated with the cloud with one click publishing makes the usability very smooth and frictionless.

As with any type of new software and when there's a new UX concept, there is a learning curve and things don't always work the way you would expect. Some people experienced with traditional editing software may find the UX a little limiting, but I don't think that's the type of user Descript is targeting with this solution. I've found the learning curve to be very fast at the beginning , so you can be up and running with it and creating content quickly. Once you need to access more advanced features it takes a little bit of time to figure out where the feature is and how to use it, but nothing out of the ordinary. I think it's just that the initial experience of being able to edit video/audio in a word processor is so good that you are then surprised when some of the more advanced features are not quite as intuitive.

Adam
Founder in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

You can build your whole business around Descrtip

Kommentare: Huge time-saver. I look forward to creating video clips and editing audio (it makes a tedious experience more fun!). But more than anything it has allowed us to systematize our process in a way that wasn't possible before. We can do things now that would have required extensive domain knowledge before.

What I love most about Descript is that it makes the process of creating audio and video clips (as well as editing for podcast episodes) super simple. I also love how often the team updates the software and releases new features. I feel like my trust in Descript is well-placed.

I wish there was more flexibility in the export options. For example, we can do 90% of our audiogram/videogram workflow in Descript, but we still have to move into something like Adobe Premiere for that last 10%. If there were just a few more customization options, we could do 100% in Descript. That said, many of the features I love didn't exist in the beginning, so I'm confident it will eventually get there, and am not worried in the slightest about building our processes and systems around Descript.

Risikokapital & privates Eigenkapital, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

A Game-Changer for media production teams

Kommentare: Descript has really changed the way I produce podcasts and other media. It gives me more control and helps complete many tasks at once. I like that I can get a transcript, and edit the text AND audio at the same time. I haven't even used all the features available, but excited to work with more video projects in Descript.

What I like the most about using Descript, is that it allows me to use 1 tool for many of my needs. Previously I would have to use 3-4 different sites/tools to get the job done. It also allows me to make media (podcasts) more on my own time, instead of relying on freelancers and others.

It does seem to take a lot for my computer to process using Descript. I haven't run into any issues yet and have an upgraded computer, but could see an issue if I'm traveling or had less capacity.

zerouali
nursing specialist youtuber in Marokko
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

i really liked my Description experience

Kommentare: I was impressed with the variety of features offered by this description website for audio and video editing. These features included speech recognition, call recording, automatic transcription, audio editing, screen recording, audio recording, and video montage. This made it a comprehensive platform for me to create and edit audio and video content.

I was able to get a transcript of my audio recordings in just a few

I found it difficult to cut, paste, and adjust the volume of my audio files.

Scott
Executive Director in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Magical software of the future for audio + video + text editing

Kommentare: It's an incredible tool that we use for all our podcasts and videos. It saves tons of time and improves quality and allows tight collaboration. It's a magical use of AI technology for audio and video editing.

The killer feature of this product is the ability to edit text and audio or video simultaneously. You can edit each and the other immediately updates, so it's possible to "read" your entire show as well as edit in depth by words or by frames or samples when necessary. It's wonderful to have the whole project in the cloud with comments shared like a Google Doc for collaboration. The automatic transcription works pretty well with clear speakers. Exporting to audio files or DAW projects works well.

The automatic edits at word boundaries can be a little rough and need hand touching up. Sometimes the software needs to be restarted to take into account a new update. Occasional slipping of time or data due to software updates or collaboration. Could still use a "stem" export function in addition to flattened audio and DAW projects. It would be great to improve automated transcription further, but this is a hard problem.

Andrew
Host in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, Selbstständig

Fast and Easy - Completely changed my editorial process for the better

Kommentare: The work involved in keeping audio and the content it represented connected in my mind was overwhelming before Descript. The result was that edits that might have improved my podcast ended up not happening due to time constraints. Not only has Descript saved me time, but made the final product more coherent and stronger.

The speed with which I can turn recorded audio into something I can meaningfully edit from without having to listen and re-listen and try to keep audio sections in mind.

I would like additional audio processing options (AU plug-in support?), and there are still times where a new update will significantly slow down the application. The ability to watch / listen to published pages on mobile still seems somewhat lacking.

Blake
Blake
Operations Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Descript: The Megatron of Podcast Software

Kommentare: I can't thank the company enough for creating this software. We're really benefitting from its capacity and feature-load.

I don't know where to begin with this software and how it has formatively changed the game for my organization's podcast. It has truly cut our work time in half and opened up that free time to accomplish other tasks. From the auto-transcription to the voice recognition, Descript seamlessly integrates audio into text form which helps us build our scripts for each podcast episode. It's fascinating how powerful it is - and what's more, Descript is constantly updating the software, so new features are always popping up.

The cost is definitely hard for our limited nonprofit budget, but otherwise, I don't have any dislikes-- even the mistakes the auto-transcription makes are passable because we're still saving so much time.

Evo
Evo
Podcast Strategist in USA
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My go-to transcription and text-based assembly service!

Kommentare: It's a solid product that, as mentioned, will change the way podcasts are made in the future.

Descript is changing the way the next generation will make podcasts. And for old dogs like me too! It's a refreshing break from the DAW-focused world we live in today.

It's still a bit buggy on my M1 Mac, with frequent crashes/restarts. Always recoverable, but it does make me reticent to more integrate the tool into my workflow.

Catherine
Director in Neuseeland
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Great quality and easy to use

I am a complete novice when it comes to recording. I have found Descript easy to use, fantastic that I can see the transcript and manipulate it to get the recording that I need. The drag and drop of video and music is so easy and brilliant. And when I asked a sound technician to check my quality he was impressed with the sound. The room tone is a great addition

I don't know what I don't know - I don't know what other options there are. Other than that I have found it great.

Cardinal

Versatile - we use Descript for everything

Kommentare: Descript is my #1. We use it for making training videos, editing podcasts, recording client meetings, writing website copy… the list goes on. I am always recommending it to my friends.

I love how I can edit the text and that changes the audio and video along with it.

Doing more complicated video editing can get a little clunky but that is perhaps just due to user error.

Mark
Producer in USA
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Game Changing Audio Editor

Descript has changed how I work in documentary audio. It's so much faster and easier to try new story ideas, pull selects, and get a rough mix ready. I've used the app since pre-release in 2017, and they've added great new features at a relentless pace. I can't imagine working without a tool like Descript.

With new features, the app has gotten more sluggish and more cluttered. Writing text makes my laptop get extremely hot and the fans rev up. I can't work for long on battery power. A release focused on speed, stability, resource efficiency, and cleaning up the interface is sorely needed.

Alan
President in USA

Descript - Saves You Time and Money

Kommentare: This has been a huge time saver in that I no longer have to outsource the audio and video editing. Also, using the screen recording feature allows me to communicate what is on my screen. I can edit the ums and ahs out and clean up the recording before I share the video with team members or clients. This saves time in having to type out what a tricky customer service type problem might entail.

I really like that as a person with no audio or video editing experience, I can create useable short audio and video content for social media, websites and for sharing information. I no longer have to outsource this editing work to Fivrr.

As the product grows and more features are added, it become harder to learn the system if you have no editing background.

Sharon Lesego
Transcriber in Südafrika
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Descript has made transcription better

The features i liked about Descript are, -it has a automatic speech to text. -you can also change settings to suit what's best for the user - it's friendly user - one can edit videos as well - it has different variety options in one software which makes it accessible - fike documents are kept safe and its a trustworthy software which i would recommend to a beginner who doesn't know and wants to learn how to transcribe - and also there are mini courses so one can understand the software better for which ii think it's a great feature to have.

It tends to mulfunction which makes it difficult to use Tye software can sometimes crash due to having more users on the software which i believe it has to be taken into consideration, considering that its a used software all around

Juliana
Podcast manager in USA
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, Selbstständig

I'm OBSESSED.

Kommentare: I love it. I am a podcast manager and use Descript within my daily work. I use it every day for getting rid of filler words and use it to help eliminate paragraphs of non-needed discussions.

I love that you can see the transcript while editing. It really helps with people with a learning disability like myself to see the words on the screen as well as hearing.

That there is no way to edit two separate tracks in one audio. (i.e. two people speaking with their own audios).

Joshua
Freelance Podcast Producer and Editor in USA
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Key software in my current workflow

I love how simple it is to use. I love how I can open it up, it's organized, easy to start a new project, edit away, and export easily to other applications as well as .mp3 or .wav files. It's saved me tons of time in my workflow. Being able to see the words and search by word is a game changer. I love that I can create audiograms for audio, highlight text for quotes, and export finish projects.

I use an another DAW, Adobe Audition, because I am familiar with more intense editing within Audition. From the use of plug ins to more customization with cross fades, I feel I can do more outside of Descript when it comes to mixing and mastering the audio files. The cross fades also do not export to Audition and that would be a huge help if Descript was able to do that.