Über Otter

Otter.ai entwickelt Technologien und Produkte, die Informationen aus wichtigen Sprachkonversationen sofort zugänglich und umsetzbar machen.

Erfahre mehr über Otter

Price is reasonable, and even the cheapest subscription plan provides a significant amount of transcription time. It takes relatively little time to upload and transcribe recordings.

I synced my calendar, but it started picking up things I didn't want to record and became annoying, so I disconnected it.

Bewertungen zu Otter

Otter hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 80 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Otter bereits verwendet?

Zaiba
Zaiba
Freelance Data Annotator in Indien
Internet, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

One of the Best Transcription Softwares

Kommentare: One of the best tools I have used so far. Otter has a restricted range of capabilities, but it excels at what it does. Otter will assist you in many ways and save you time if you're seeking for a simple approach to take notes during a business call or if you're an author wanting to publish a book.

1.When I first used Otter I was amazed by its accuracy and the way it interpreted multiple sounds and speakers. 2. Export options are essential for transforming your podcast, video, or other content into a blog post or recycled content. 3.Price is reasonable, and even the cheapest subscription plan provides a significant amount of transcription time. 4. It takes relatively little time to upload and transcribe recordings.

1. Earlier the site would give 600 minutes of free transcription services every month which was helpful for beginners to get started, now that option is reduced to only 3 imports. 2. The main drawback is that while an individual can create a folder under their account, they cannot share it with other members of the group or with extra work email accounts. 3. The editor's quick keys are weird. Frequently, I discovered that a key did two things at once when I only wanted it to do one.

Luis
Executive Assistant in Panama
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Otter: Easy to Use Middlemarket English Transcription

Kommentare: Otter is easy to use and would make a great edition to your corporate toolbelt. However, it's per user price and issues with certain speakers, mean that this might be your backup choice insofar as transcription.

Otter is easy to use and can even record directly from your microphone (thus getting around the rigamarole of inviting the AI assistant into specific meetings/dealing with outages.

Otter can only really transcribe English, and even then fast speakers, individuals with heavy accents, or irregular speech patterns (repeated use of 'uh' , 'ah' and other fillers, raising and lowering one's voice multiple times in a sentence, etc) seems to baffle it.

Beatrice
Beatrice
Brand Strategy Consultant in Spanien
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

There are better transcribers out there

2,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: For a free version, there are far better call transcribers, even paid versions. If you have to worry if there will be missing parts and frequently incorrectly transcribed words, it makes the use of it void.

It was easy to link up to Zoom and read through the transcription.

The transcriptions that were given were often cut off and incorrect, so having to go over them again, including the summary made using Otter void. At least the free version.

Courtney
Consultant in USA
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

Speak Your Piece and Let Otter Do the Heavy Lifting

Kommentare: Overall, Otter has been one of my favorite tools in my daily routine. The ease of use and ability to seamlessly go from my desktop, to phone and back without missing a beat is testament to the app. The speech recognition is amazing and transcription is the most accurate I've used.

It's ease of use and flexibility. I use it for everything. After being a writer for more than 30yrs, I had a stroke that left me struggling for a bit to write for long periods of time like I used to. When I found Otter a few years ago, it immediately allowed me to speak exactly what I wanted to say, and having it transcribed and ready to edit and share was incredible. I tell everyone I know about Otter.

Can't do a good search for older files, or much with video, on the lower tier plans.

Julio
CFO Analyst in Kolumbien
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Help for Video Calls without taking notes

Kommentare: Overall the experiences a great experience, I find that the software does what it has to do, which is transcribe the meetings know who is talking give summaries of the meetings in my opinion is the best feature I find that the free version which gives you about eight meetings month is low enough so that if you needed more you buy the plan.

I normally have about 10 to 15 meetings a week and before using order I actually had a notebook for each call, forgot most of the data that I had to write within the meeting but at the end I used Otter, and completely relied on the transcription software

I find that sometimes it does not transcribe words perfectly well, and when you go back, it's hard to actually know what the person was talking about. It has improved, though.

Caroline
Ops Director in UK
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Makes capturing meetings a breeze

Kommentare: Really impressed. Would never go back to regular note-taking.

Note-taking and detail is critical in my line of work, and Otter helps me and my team accurately collect and capture information. It's made life so much easier.

Sometimes it's inaccurate – but that is easily resolved by playing back the recording and the timestamps feature solves any mistakes quickly.

Henning
Henning
Managing Partner in USA
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Accurate Transcription of Selected Calls of 60+ Minutes

Kommentare: Accurate transcriptions are key for us.

The transcript is very accurate, rarely any need for a manual correction.

Offers way more features than we actually need and use.

Fotografie, Selbstständig

Otter.ai – the time saver

Kommentare: Brilliant. The ease of transcribing my voice notes into text is outstanding.

using the mobile app I can transcribe notes on the go. I do this often when I'm on the mountain walking the dogs. :-)

The transcribed text sometimes gets bunched together. This is by no means a serious issue as it takes little time to reformat the text.

Christopher
Christopher
CTO in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great note taking.

The product is great, it takes notes whether I am on the call or not and summarizes them by topic. I often use the transcriptions to reference notes from a meeting or those that I missed.

Limited time recording - I believe only 30-45 minutes. Maybe since we're on the trial version.

Zack
CPO in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Quick and easy transcription

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Otter's transcripts were fast, accurate, and easy to export to other systems.

It was too expensive to upgrade compared to other similar offerings.

Steve
Youth Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Using Otter to Transcribe Sermons

Kommentare: Otter helps me, as a pastor, to get a written transcription of a previously-preached sermon. This is helpful because I don't normally write out my manuscripts on the front end, but rather, just a fleshed-out outline. Having a written transcript, thanks to Otter, will help me if I ever decide to preach these sermons again in the future in a different venue.

I loved how Otter helps me transcribe my previously-preached sermons so that I can conduct effective "post-game analysis." Specifically, I can go back and see the variety of words I used when I preached; how repetitive I was; and what was the level of complexity or difficulty of the individual words I used.

The one thing I found particularly frustrating about this software was the amount of time it takes to upload an audio file to Otter... it would sometimes take over twenty minutes to upload one of my sermon audio files in order for it to be transcripts. I also didn't like that the free version of Otter cuts off an audio file at the 45 minute mark, as I tend to preach about 50 minutes (so I often miss out on the last five minutes).

Joshua
Entrepreneur in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Great Tool!

Kommentare: I have loved using Otter. Great product and a huge tool for my daily work life on the go!

I love how easy Otter is to use and to go back and reference and search notes.

The price! I am not sure how much other similar products cost but it would be nice if it was a little cheaper for each month.

Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Support is so lacking it is not worth your time and money

Kommentare: Awful. If they cannot fix your problem, they ghost you.

What they say they can do is great. Unfortunately, the support is horrific.

I purchased Otter a year ago. I was able to transcribe a few videos. Then in early spring I tried to transcribe the rest of my videos. They would not upload. I went back and forth with support trying to get this fixed. The issue was not fixed and I was told it was being forwarded to someone else. No one ever got back to me and it has been a month. I sent another email and still no response. At this point my subscription will be up soon and I will not renew.

Meghan
Marketing and Social Media Coordinator in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Perfect for college students & work meetings

Kommentare: Overall, I think it’s a super helpful tool for people who need notes and audio to remember important details during meetings, presentations or lectures.

I liked this software a lot as I utilized it a lot in college. I had to focus on writing notes fast otherwise the presentation slides would disappear as my professor was discussing the lecture. This allowed me to focus on writing notes while recording the lecture. Then go back and listen to the lecture if I didn’t get focus on what they were saying.

I didn’t like that I had to go back and check for errors in audio translation to text. Sometimes words would not make sense for the context, so I would need to go back and listen to the audio to figure out what words were actually said.

Jeff
Consultant in Kanada
Staatsverwaltung, Selbstständig

Great Personal Assistant

Kommentare: As a business analyst, I was looking for the amazing functionality and experience of Gong.io, but less intrusive on the call, less formal, but just as transcriby . SnagIT and Otter.ai give me what I need to take better notes as a business analyst, quickly get the action items, with traceability to

Love the ease of uploading recorded audio files. The system doesn't use human transcription services, but AI speech-to-text. Love the price more than Rev or Audiate.

The browser recorder doesn't record the system audio. I wanted a tool to record what was being spoken in my headset. My alternative is I use SnagIT to record a small part of my screen. SnagIT records the system speakers and my mic, and I upload to Otter.AI. Otter was harder hard to find this amongst a sea of other competing software. My search term was: cloud ai transcription software for transcribing recordings.

Andrea
CEO in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Amazing accuracy

Kommentare: Super fun and easy to use. Very user friendly. I do not need or tutorials to use all its functionalities

I love to use this as a way to add transcripts to my podcast blog page but it is also effective to have it running in the background during interviews and conversations that I need to reference and quote later.

The free version does that upload time limits so If you have a long audio file it will not transcribe the whole thing. But the value for the upgrade is worth it.

Elisa
Freelance Writer in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Important Tool for Journalists

Kommentare: It's great for fast and accurate transcription. Well worth the cost.

Ease of use/quick transcription. I can upload all my interviews for quick and accurate transcription.

I honestly cannot think of anything I dislike.

Sufal
CoFounder/CEO in Kanada
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Run a Podcast? Seriously think about using Otter

Great for use in various situations, much more than just an automatic transcriber. The interface and bubble style interface for identifying speakers are super useful. Being able to train the software to recognize your own or other voices is also quite useful.

File upload system could be cleaner. It definitely has a learning curve to overcome.

Mariah
Graphic Designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

A great option for quick video transcription

Kommentare: Overall, Otter has been an integral part of my business. We use it to turn Youtube videos into blog posts and social media posts as well as to create closed captions for Youtube and Vimeo videos. It's streamlined our process as a team and has allowed us to work smarter not harder.

I love how quickly the software transcribes my videos. It's easy, user-friendly, and efficient and my team runs smoother because of it. I also appreciate that it allows me to create closed captioning for my video and therefore ensures my content is accessible.

It's not always super accurate. Although it's a great software, my team still has to go through the transcript and make changes when necessary so it still adds time to our day.

Telekommunikation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for transcribing

I stumbled upon this while looking for a software to transcribe an audio. It does the job wonderfully. I also noticed that you can connect different apps like google calendar and zoom and set reminders to record meetings which I love. It's also user friendly.

Not enough minutes for the Basic(Free) account.

Neshica
Coach in Südafrika
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and accurate

Kommentare: I use the software to transcribe interviews for research purposes. It gives me full control and is more cost effective than a human-transcription service.

In South Africa there are many accents and Otter has been excellent at decoding these accents. The tool is very accurate and editing is easy especially with the various playback options. The interface is clean and easy to use.

For the purposes I use it for Otter has the functionality I need. I really can't think of things I don't like. There is functionality that I don't use but I can definitely see how it could be useful in other situations.

Janet
Executive Assistant in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Otter review

Kommentare: So far, this is a useful tool for small meetings

Love the fact that it actually records conversations into text. Exporting to the clouda and the free minutes per month.

Although this software is great for small group discussions, it does not perform well with a large group. I was able to pick up "every" word of the conversation, but there is no recognition of voice. Keeping the group small would allow the user to know who is talking.

Ricki
Copywriter in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Otter.ai works, but I’ve moved on from it.

Kommentare: I feel otter can’t get helpful when you need something quick and it doesn’t need to be perfect.

It was super easy to use as my first transcription software. I like the ease of use.

But there are limits to its usefulness when it miss hears words and phrases and I need to go back to the video/audio to check what was said.

Hayley
Director in UK
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Time saving and appreciated

Kommentare: Glad to have found Otter as it's made our podcasts more accessible, when we couldn't afford to purchase an additional service for transcribing

Otter offer so much for free, which is greatly appreciated when you're running a little social enterprise! You may have limited upload options, but it can transcribe straight from a zoom call too. It identifies speakers pretty well.

The transcriptions of course always need editing - and some of the errors have been pretty hilarious - and this actually does take quite a lot of additional time, but obviously not as much as starting from scratch!

Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Constantly reconnected

Setup Integration choices Pricing Customer support

Constantly dropping connections to third party intergrations