Über Otter

Otter.ai entwickelt Technologien und Produkte, die Informationen aus wichtigen Sprachkonversationen sofort zugänglich und umsetzbar machen.

Erfahre mehr über Otter

Price is reasonable, and even the cheapest subscription plan provides a significant amount of transcription time. It takes relatively little time to upload and transcribe recordings.

I synced my calendar, but it started picking up things I didn't want to record and became annoying, so I disconnected it.

Bewertungen zu Otter

Otter hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 82 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Otter bereits verwendet?

Zaiba
Zaiba
Freelance Data Annotator in Indien
Internet, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

One of the Best Transcription Softwares

Kommentare: One of the best tools I have used so far. Otter has a restricted range of capabilities, but it excels at what it does. Otter will assist you in many ways and save you time if you're seeking for a simple approach to take notes during a business call or if you're an author wanting to publish a book.

1.When I first used Otter I was amazed by its accuracy and the way it interpreted multiple sounds and speakers. 2. Export options are essential for transforming your podcast, video, or other content into a blog post or recycled content. 3.Price is reasonable, and even the cheapest subscription plan provides a significant amount of transcription time. 4. It takes relatively little time to upload and transcribe recordings.

1. Earlier the site would give 600 minutes of free transcription services every month which was helpful for beginners to get started, now that option is reduced to only 3 imports. 2. The main drawback is that while an individual can create a folder under their account, they cannot share it with other members of the group or with extra work email accounts. 3. The editor's quick keys are weird. Frequently, I discovered that a key did two things at once when I only wanted it to do one.

Courtney
Consultant in USA
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

Speak Your Piece and Let Otter Do the Heavy Lifting

Kommentare: Overall, Otter has been one of my favorite tools in my daily routine. The ease of use and ability to seamlessly go from my desktop, to phone and back without missing a beat is testament to the app. The speech recognition is amazing and transcription is the most accurate I've used.

It's ease of use and flexibility. I use it for everything. After being a writer for more than 30yrs, I had a stroke that left me struggling for a bit to write for long periods of time like I used to. When I found Otter a few years ago, it immediately allowed me to speak exactly what I wanted to say, and having it transcribed and ready to edit and share was incredible. I tell everyone I know about Otter.

Can't do a good search for older files, or much with video, on the lower tier plans.

Brian
Owner/Operator in USA
Internet, Selbstständig

Just An Otter Speech-to-Text Tool

Kommentare: It was fundamentally okay, but that's the best it ever got. No real complaints but I have no complements to reccommend it, either.

It was easy enough to operate and accurate enough for your work to flow fairly smoothly. And it never needed a readjustment once your voice levels were set. Altogether a serviceable tool.

For some reason I found it difficult to find at times, and it was different in the way it processed your speech, then you had to copy and paste the text and the text might be on a different web page.

reham
graphic designer in Ägypten
Grafikdesign, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

amazing app for my work as a freelancer

Kommentare: as an app i really appreciate all the features i have got it, it saves alot of time and effort, my work more accourate and efficiency, it help me as a freelancer,great app easy to use.

Otter is easy to use and also i love it for its accurate transcription and it's collaboration features,it allow me to work with languages other than English and also its amazing for Finding specific information inside transcripts fast is made possible by the search and organization tools, it's useful for converting audio and video footage into written formats for blogs, articles, and other types of content and also support for subtitles and closed captions .Otter make my work as a freelancer easier and save time and effort.

really nothing it have great features it helps me in my work, i have all features i need in one app.

Osama
Osama
Freelancer in Ägypten
Industrieautomation, Selbstständig

Otter made Transcription Easy.

Kommentare: It is just a wonderful experience and I will continue using the software for a long time I think, that is because of the friendly user interface and accessibility of using its feature. The software gets the work done for me in very good quality and precision. It was the first software to use in this subtitles field and I don't admit using it. Depending on the software and some modifications on my own, the result is very satisfying.

Otter helps me, as a student or a freelancer, to get a written transcription of a written text. This is helpful because I don't normally write out my learning videos subtitles and even if want to focus on the text not watching the overall video. Having any of my visuals audio written and have the ability to edit it is something impressive and saves a lot of time. I am looking forward to gaining more experience with the software and using it for my freelancing work. The software has good features to edit, highlight the text. Even if I want to upload an image or insert a comment, all of that is easy to use. It has access to different applications like zoom, which is very nice.

The software has a few cons, like taking some time to upload the file, but it sends me a notification while it is done. In the end, it is already a software which has some issue with accuracy especially with difficult accent cases and background noise .

Ricky
minister in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Buyer beware

Kommentare: Poor
got my money and don't respond to my customer support requests

It was good until they changed the terms after 2 months of new contract. Then they instituted limits and would not respond to my customer support requests.

Caroline
Ops Director in UK
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Makes capturing meetings a breeze

Kommentare: Really impressed. Would never go back to regular note-taking.

Note-taking and detail is critical in my line of work, and Otter helps me and my team accurately collect and capture information. It's made life so much easier.

Sometimes it's inaccurate – but that is easily resolved by playing back the recording and the timestamps feature solves any mistakes quickly.

Henning
Henning
Managing Partner in USA
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Accurate Transcription of Selected Calls of 60+ Minutes

Kommentare: Accurate transcriptions are key for us.

The transcript is very accurate, rarely any need for a manual correction.

Offers way more features than we actually need and use.

Fotografie, Selbstständig

Otter.ai – the time saver

Kommentare: Brilliant. The ease of transcribing my voice notes into text is outstanding.

using the mobile app I can transcribe notes on the go. I do this often when I'm on the mountain walking the dogs. :-)

The transcribed text sometimes gets bunched together. This is by no means a serious issue as it takes little time to reformat the text.

Christopher
Christopher
CTO in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great note taking.

The product is great, it takes notes whether I am on the call or not and summarizes them by topic. I often use the transcriptions to reference notes from a meeting or those that I missed.

Limited time recording - I believe only 30-45 minutes. Maybe since we're on the trial version.

Kiefer
Board Game Designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Otter is the best app for people who are bad at taking notes

Kommentare: I use Otter whenever I am playtesting my board games. I open the app, set it down, push record, and then I’m able to be involved with the people sitting at the table and give them my full attention. I never have to worry about writing down notes that I don’t understand or can’t read later on because Otter has taken care of it all for me.

Being able to set my phone down and hold a conversation without having to pause and write stuff down. I love being able to replay the recording while reading what Otter typed up and edit it if there were any errors. I also loved how it somehow recognizes who is speaking and assigns colors and separates their dialogue in the transcript automatically.

Since this is an AI assistant that responds to voice, there are bound to be problems. Otter is not perfect. People with accents and people that sound a lot alike don’t always register right on the transcript. However, it is so simple to edit your transcript afterwards, this issue becomes a non-issue.

Game Designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Perfect for Taking Notes

Kommentare: I now don't take any notes. I just hit record and have a natural conversation, which is so much more useful in my line of work.

I love the ability to take photos of something that will appear in the transcription exactly where we are discussing it. The ability to recognize past speakers is really useful. It does a lot even in the free version.

They recently started restricting free users to a transcription limit. It's not too bad, and you can work around it by just started a new voice recording, but it's less helpful than before. Not enough to stop using it though.

Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

If you work for a remotely connected company, this is essential

Kommentare: This app is helpful in picking up keywords and finding the location in the zoom call where that keyword was discussed. But i think without the zoom recording alongside the transcripts, they are not much help for our needs. It would be interesting to see how this app's transcriptions compare with competitors like Fathom.

With so many zoom meetings, it's really helpful to be able to search transcripts to see who said what, or what the final word was on a discussion.

The AI transcription could be a lot better. The punctuation is off and maybe people talk too fast but it's rarely accurate. You have to do a lot of deciphering to determine what people we really saying, or listen along with the zoom recording. I don't know if all ai note taking apps are like this though. I also wish that it would capture everyone's name from the zoom meetings, for some reason only some names are captured and others are just listed as "Speaker 1" or "Speaker 2",etc.

Mary
Managing Editor in USA
Onlinemedien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Essential for our interviews

Kommentare: As a nonprofit media organization with a team of volunteer reporters, Otter makes it easy for us to capture every interview and get stories written in an efficient way.

Otter works seamlessly as a desktop or mobile app, making recording and transcription available wherever our reporters may be.

Otter recently reduced the free version of the software to 30 minutes of transcription, rather than 45.

Julian
UX Consultant in UK
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Otter AI is fantastic for automatic transcription

Kommentare: Highly recommended - Otter AI can save so much time and is a great backup if you don't have a second person available to take notes. Allows you to focus on the meeting or discussion, and worry about detailed notes later on.

This is a life-saver when a transcription of an interview or discussion is needed. It allows cross-checking of notes after a meeting, and even splits audio by speaker.

Nothing really negative about Otter AI - it has a great set of features and covers everything we need.

Jan
Author/podcaster in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Need a quick transcriptions?

Kommentare: On the whole, I like it. I love the time stamp because that enables me to create chapter headings based on them. I post my podcast both on Buzzsprout and Youtube, so this is very helpful. And I can use the transcript for both, as well.
I also like the various options for export, which include Word, clipboard, Txt, PDF or SRT.

I like how easy it is to use. Their creation of the transcript is relatively quick.

I have to edit through the words that are interpreted wrong, which takes some time.

samuel
freelancer in Nigeria
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

No hassle, No learning curve, Just transcriptions

Kommentare: It's been nothing but fun. It's so simple to use and there's nothing to it. Just upload your files and the app does the rest.

I noticed there were few errors in my transcripts so that's a plus considering the fact it's using an A.I technology mechanism It renews my free trial with free transcription credits every month. This is insane value If you are on a budget. It's important for me to focus on my client's pain points and this app helps to search specific keywords in Zoom conversation recordings that I have with my clients. I don't like taking notes so this feature was helpful.

It's still is an A.I so the possibility of margin of errors abounds. I tried transcribing my voice but the app got some words horribly wrong.

Guy
Guy
Director in UK
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great speech recognition tool

Kommentare: Saves lots of time writing and transcribing articles, etc.

Open the app or webpage and talk or play speech into the tool, and it transcribes the whole thing, making it easy to download as text - write articles, or summarise blogs, podcasts, presentations, etc easily

Nothing specific... I only use the basics though.

Anand
Anand
Program Manager in Indien
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good for English but not good for regional languages!

It's very nice for English who speaks the US but not good for regional languages who speak Native English or any other regional languages it doesn't work. For Indian English, it doesn't capture all the words

I like the notepads. From this software, I can write the minutes of meeting in a very short time.

Unternehmensberatung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Accurate and Effienct tool for Transcriptions

The software is reasonably priced and does quite a decent job of trascriptions. Its quick and reasonably accurate for a first draft.

Nothing to not like about it. the transcriptions are not 100%, but thats fine. Sure beats other tools out there at the same price range.

Michelle
Integrator in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Helps me focus on listening

Kommentare: It's really helped me have better client calls though I hope the transcription quality continues to improve.

Even though the notes aren't transcribed perfectly, they're transcribed well enough that I'm able to copy and paste and use for copywriting. Knowing that notes are being taken also allows me to stay fully present in the conversation, listen better, and ask better questions.

Some of the transcription is so bad it makes me laugh. But as long as I review it soon after the conversation, I can figure it out.

Ron
Partner in USA
Unternehmensberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Otter Yee

Kommentare: Read transcripts in place of watching videos

Ease of use from simple installations to immediately navigating the intuitive interface

The transcript quality varies significantly based on computer speakers

Ricki
Copywriter in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Otter.ai works, but I’ve moved on from it.

Kommentare: I feel otter can’t get helpful when you need something quick and it doesn’t need to be perfect.

It was super easy to use as my first transcription software. I like the ease of use.

But there are limits to its usefulness when it miss hears words and phrases and I need to go back to the video/audio to check what was said.

Beatrice
Beatrice
Brand Strategy Consultant in Spanien
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

There are better transcribers out there

Kommentare: For a free version, there are far better call transcribers, even paid versions. If you have to worry if there will be missing parts and frequently incorrectly transcribed words, it makes the use of it void.

It was easy to link up to Zoom and read through the transcription.

The transcriptions that were given were often cut off and incorrect, so having to go over them again, including the summary made using Otter void. At least the free version.

Marktforschung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good software to record meetings and note taking

Otter's transcription of pre-recorded audio or video files

Can be more generous on the free plan for new users