Über ARCHICAD

GRAPHISOFT entwickelt Building-Information-Modeling-Software Produkte für Architekten, Innenarchitekten und Planer.

Erfahre mehr über ARCHICAD

Ease of use, basic tools and compatibility with other software.

Sometimes i forget how to use the comment as well, because there is no a such preferring comment bellow guide me to use this application. So i prefer to add another comment bar for user guidden.

Bewertungen zu ARCHICAD

ARCHICAD hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 183 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du ARCHICAD bereits verwendet?

Tony F.
Tony F.
Architect & BIM Co-ordinator in Finnland
Architektur & Planung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

One of my favourite pieces of software

Kommentare: It allowed me to take my business from one where clients never really understood what it was they were getting to one where they knew exactly what they were going to get.

ArchiCAD is a highly functional 3D CAD / BIM system which will allow you to realise your architectural visions in the best possible manner. It is relatively intuitive to use and it's use of 3D parametric elements makes modelling a breeze. Once you have mastered the basic 3D CAD capabilities there is also a world of BIM opportunities to discover as well. World class IFC interfaces make it easy to collaborate with other consultants.

There is not a lot to actually dislike about ArchiCAD, maybe if anything its tendency to crash occassionally. (But generally it is easy enough to recover from near where you left off...)

Jeffrey J.
Studio Director in USA

ArchiCAD is awesome!!

Kommentare: The ability to quickly illustrate an idea in 3D and present to a client for complete understanding of the design. Live 3D is virtually flawless in its ability to move about the model and make on-the-fly modifications.

Ease of TeamWorking ability, able to model as easily in 3D as in 2D and 2D in any elevated manner.

At first the learning curve was a bit steep and we seemed to have trouble getting work out the door while we were still learning the software, however that was 15 or so years ago and there are more learning and training opportunities available now.

Civil engineer in Türkei
Tiefbau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Efficient software for 3D and architectural designs and features.

5 letzten Monat Neu

Archicad is one of the best design softwares that give you almost all the features and characters that may be used to create or design a building or BIM or whatever else you are trying to design. And it's so easy to use and have much appreciated tools.

The mac platform of this software may have to get some updates because it gives a lot of problems working with it.

Project Manager in USA
Architektur & Planung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Powerful piece of software that could rival Revit if Graphisoft could shift their approach

Sometimes I like that archicad is less rigid than Revit. It's easy to create what you want and to get it to look the way it should. Rendering is a breeze. Some of the tools are beyond intuitive. They function exactly the way they should.

This is BIM light. You will be piecing together your model using slabs to represent everything under the sun. You will fudge things with solid element operations that will keep you up at night. Archicad will force you to be inaccurate unless you fight it to your last breath. You'll curse Archicad's lack of ortho snaps. The inability to create "blocks" is utterly ridiculous and maddening. There are 20 ways to access every objects setting and it will confuse you to no end for the first year. Instead of fixing problems and consolidating settings, Graphisoft has decided that their mantra is "addition." If something doesn't work right, just add features so that no one notices what they're missing. Instead of giving users what they need, modify the GUI and give them a bunch of useless crap to try to get them to buy the newest version. This is sloppy software development at its finest. It's sad because if they spent a few years cleaning up the beast that they've created, it could be a match for Revit. As is, it's a severely bloated Sketchup pretending to be a BIM package.

David L.
Senior Architecural Designer in USA
Architektur & Planung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

ARCHICAD is the most mature and stable BIM solution available

Kommentare: Overall, it has been a great experience. There are always stumbling blocks with complex software, but we've done a good job of producing what we need with very tight deadlines.

Very flexible for designers. We can produce the same deliverables in multiple ways depending on how we need to work.

Sometimes too flexible, especially for newer users learning the software.

Chris K.
Principal in USA

Not the greatest review - Good but not Great

Kommentare: We have been pretty productive with this software, but it also has it's annoying features.

I like the robustness of the software - it is rare that we have to wait for the computer to catch up with the commands being implemented.

It is complex and it requires regular use in order to utilize it with any effectiveness. I don't think there is a way around this (other similar software products are just as complex), but it would be nice if it were.

Carlos P.
BIM Manager in USA

Review from a BIM manager

Kommentare: My experience with archicad it is been great. I will go now for 21 years using the program and help me to show my projects better every time.

The easy way to use the modeling tools to create a good project.

The limitation of some tools (curtain wall). I can not create a curve panel with mullions that follow the reference line. In the stair tool I can not separate the finish from the structure in the Core only representation

Sofia B.
Sofia B.
Studend of Architecture and programming in Argentinien
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

The best program for modeling in architecture

Kommentare: For my experience its a program that can run smothly in an ordinary PC, also has an amazing backup, the times that I expirience this programg crashing I didnt lose anything. You can model really big proyects and it doesnt have any problem.
And last but not least, like every program that can be used for professionals as for students it's amazing that they have a student free version.

I Love that in first place is a really intuitive software, the first time that you use this program you can see how easy is to find every tool. The other thing that is a really awsome feature in this program is the costumisation of every single thing, you dont have to download almost any object to compleate the 3d, even the simplification of objects is excelent, you can for example place a door with a lot of details or just a realy minimalistic door from the same object. The integration with other apps is amazing, from my experience this is a really important factor for a good 3d modeling software,

What I like the least of this software after 7 years of using it is the making of the ramps, it's not as customizable as the stairs.

At W.
At W.
Designer in Mosambik

O melhor software BIM - Archicad

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Eu uso o Archicad a mais de 6 anos e posso garantir que a minha satisfacção para com este software é mais de 98%...
Simplismente espetacular.

Falar do archicad é falar da melhor solução CAD/BIM de hoje amanhã e do futuro mais distante A interface do usuário é espetacular, dinámica e muito intuitiva. Encontrei em um só lugar a opurtunidade de criar a volumetria dos meus projectos, gerar a documentação(Plantas, pormenores, Mapas de quantidade, renderizar etc) este é um grande diferencial entre os varios softwares bim existentes no mercado

Na verdade o programa é muito espetacular que tenho poucos contras em relação a ele em minha experiencia como usuário... Talvez falar de ferramentas em falta: - A integração com motores de renderização mais sufisticados do mercado (V-ray, Corona Render) como motores internos ou addons; - Tutoriais para a modelagem de objectos parametricos; - Os travamentos de vez em quando, o que não verificamos com frequência na mais recente versão(Archicad 24)

Sadaf G.
Sadaf G.
Sustainability Analyst in Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

One of the best tools for BIM implementation

Kommentare: As an Architect, I have been able to use ArchiCAD for conceptual designs, detailed drafting, interior layouts as well as generating high-quality elevations, sections and 3D views for all my projects, including presentation drawings. In fact, 3D modelling and rendering have been made simple thanks to ArchiCAD. Visualization, (placing cameras) and gathering documentation are also uncomplicated. Rendering tools are useful and there is no need to get extra plug-ins for performing the same tasks that can be done within the software itself.
I consider ArchiCAD to be better than its counterparts, e.g. Revit mainly because it is uncomplicated to use, with the same functionality at an economical investment.

ArchiCAD is one of the most innovative platforms for BIM available in the market today. It is a powerful software that can cater to the design needs of architects, interior designers as well as landscape and urban planners. One can either import 2D drafts into ArchiCAD and work on the same to prepare a 3D model; or work on ArchiCAD on Plan mode and the software will automatically generate elevations, sections and 3D views. If the building is multi-storey, it is much easier to correct any minor deficiencies in drafting (that can be missed in the plan view) through the 3D viewer, which makes it perfect to use when trying to pinpoint any errors. There is a wonderful feature in AutoCAD called Solibri Model Checker that can accurately analyse the BIM model to accurately locate errors along with any possible faults in design, and identify areas, where the components used, are clashing. As an Architect, I feel that it is a great tool that can be used to estimate the energy requirements of a building. Moreover, there is a plug-in called EcoDesigner STAR that offers features including energy model visualization, thermal zoning and simulations for energy performance. It is one of the better software I have used for 3D modelling and I never think of switching to any other.

As is with other similar software, ArchiCAD requires a robust system to operate with a high level of RAM especially when rendering. It does tend to slow down the system a bit especially when you are opening a data-rich file. Secondly, there is a steep learning curve with the software, which is easy to overcome with practice. Apart from these two shortcomings, I have no other major concern that would affect my opinion of this otherwise excellent software.

Tim S.
Sole Proprietor in USA

28 years of Archicad

Kommentare: Excellent. Clarity over hand drafting. ease of changing any elements to the client's or our own wishes. Creating modules like kitchen or bathroom layouts and popping them in wherever needed, often with fewer modifications. Exploring complex spatial configurations.

3D capabilities, I was able to start working with the features using Archicad (version 3) the day I got the program

I find some of the newer features including the shell, morph, stair and railing tools difficult to use. I miss the fact some of the original roof tool features are put onto the shell tool instead; the original roof tool allowed more ease to construct most types of curved roofs more precisely in the section view; the shell tool works more easily in the 3D form which doesn't have the accuracy. My strategy to use the shell tool in a curved roof is to build a temporary wall the length and height of the extreme points, click on the wall to make the grey selection appear and freehand draw the curve with the pet pallet curve tools. I do not know how to make precise 3D points within the line. I use the morph tool to mostly make simple shapes: anything more complicated quickly turns into a jumbo. The morph tool is useful to tilt a Slab or other object like a 2X12 joist (Beam Tool) edge wise at a particular angle. We often use this process to make intricate shapes or filigree forms like tracery though we usually make these shapes by drawing our cut lines on a slab, create the holes using the space bar, selecting the piece with the marquee, go to parallel projections in View and "photograph" it at the angle we want to create a new custom object. I miss arch top windows in the window library in which the corners are not radial but sharp; also miss arched top windows with unequal legs. Real Windows had better windows including arch tops when they worked with earlier versions of Ar

Mark E.
Principal in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Archicad helps drive our firm to innovate

Kommentare: We first implemented Archicad with version 4.1 and have seen the development of this product help drive our firm to innovate and gradually adopt a robust BIM approach to our entire process that sets us apart from most of our peers. We now believe that Archicad can help us introduce a new paradigm that integrates our subconsultants and the general contractors we work within a single model database that will soon become the standard for delivery of architectural documentation and preconstruction services.

Ease of use, workflows that increase our productivity and a bias to design in a 3D work environment that simultaneously produces visualization tools, like BIMx viewer, that allows our team and our clients to better understand the design at much earlier stages. We also love how Archicad is set up to favor front loading our labor with the benefit of reducing the total labor and time to final delivery.

Archicad pushes the envelope that modern hardware can handle. We wish the program and the cloud based services were speedier. We also had problems with excessive crashes in AC 21, 23, and 24.

Nicola M.
Architectural Assistant in UK
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Developing designs is a breeze

Kommentare: Our developed design workflow has sped up. The ability to switch between 2d and 3d visualisations of the space allows us to pick up on issues we wouldn’t normally come across until much later in the design and mitigate them as necessary.

The software sped up our workflow significantly from 2d software and is particularly useful for conceptual and developed design stages where we are continually tweaking the design. The 3d views are particularly useful for understanding design changes as a space. Setting up quick window and door layouts is particularly easy to do and change.

The software works really well at the developed design stage but when it comes to technical design it is very difficult to apply specific products such as windows when the design is not covered by the basic archicad parameters and the company does not yet support the software in its downloads.

Mohamed M.
Engineer in Ägypten
Tiefbau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Watch your house before building it from A to Z with the ArchiCAD program

Kommentare: I think it is good enough for my and my friends' work experiences that he achieved with us a lot of structures and buildings

use of tools that are compatible with the needs of the architectural designer and with its method of work and its way of thinking, we find the tools used in the program are the same architectural elements that are composed for any construction, we find the tools contain wall tools (walls) of various types, columns, beams (all kinds) and tiles As well as general site tools such as the network that are used to create surfaces, terrain and blocks, as well as tools for dimensions and various drawing tools. One of the most important features of the GDL technology used in the program libraries It is the language of engineering description, where Archicad comes with a huge library that contains most of the architectural elements such as doors, windows, internal furniture and structural elements These desktop elements are distinguished by the possibility of modification not only in their dimensions, as in the AutoCAD, but in their structure in terms of encroaching on one of the dimensions only, such as length only or width only, and until the materials and components of these elements change, such as changing the type of door shutters, their handles or shafts, and these office elements are also distinguished. It is possible to take any hometown for it without the need to repaint it as it is a block that has the same characteristics

I think it is moderate in the direction of the negatives from my personal experience that it only blames the program for its poor 3D output, but the 18th version of the program has added a socket for cinema and it is expected that the 19th version will see this socket, so they want to get rid of this negativity, which I think is the most important Negative in the program for me

Brendon G.
Architect in Australien

ArchiCAD

Kommentare: I have been with ArchiCAD since V4 and watched it grow into a great piece of software for our industry. It is used nearly every day and is a great asset in our office.

With the release of ArchiCAD V23 there are a lot of new features that have increased my more flow. The integration of add-ons like TwinMotion and the new an improved coloumns and beams tools.

Not a fan of the buy the software and then pay the monthly subscription on top. Adobe and other software don't do this. They should also include more in the subscription, localised add-ons like cadimage add-ons.

Juan L.
operations director in Kolumbien

The real BIM

Kommentare: Superb software, it is a real advantage with all the potential for improvement you can imagine. Great support and permanent development. It is also supported in MAC

Its a tool created for architecture and it is amazingly agile and powerful. Archicad is definitely a competitive advantage.

Since Archicad is not the industry standard, it sometimes creates conflict with consultants and clients.

architect in Österreich

archicad for bim and 3d

Kommentare: used daily in our office, the workflow is set up very well, drawings can be published quickly and with little effort, so it definitely is worth the money.

from design to detailing we use the software in every design stage with buildings and landscape designs. 3D models and solutions can be achieved quickly and in depth.

over the years it has become very detailed and comprehensive, sometimes (stairs e.g.) it has become overbloated a bit. very expensive when used together with the yearly subscription and updates.

Pedro G.
Pedro G.
Architecture student in Ecuador
Architektur & Planung, Selbstständig

Archicad a good way to create architecture

Kommentare: In general this is a very good software, that i have used it for about 1 year, it took me about 2 months to learn it and i currently use it every day, however as it is not a widely used software, i had to learn revit to some jobs.

Archicad is a software in which you can solve an entire project, from views to render, it has a intuitive and friendly interface that is easier to learn than similar softwares like Revit. Archicad has a tool called BIMcloud which is very good because it allows you to work in a team with people anywhere in the world in real time, regardless of the size of the project or the internet connection, all this available in a public or private cloud on the internet.

It is a BIM software so it is difficult to learn compared to programs like sketch up, autocad or Rhinoceros, but you can take courses that help you to learn, in addition some tools like photo rendering is a bit sketchy and you can't get high-quality images. Another important thing is that not many people use this software in the world, so you would have greater opportunities if you learn Revit.

Luis guillermo G.
Community Manager in Venezuela

I have solved 3D modelling problems that I had with another software, faster and better

Kommentare: The first hand benefits obtained from using ArchiCAD, are way importants. The way of getting familiar with the work ambient is so easy, the palletes and menus are very easy to configure, and once you get familiar with it, the worflow is almost intuitive, being this a highlight because it increases the productivity on many levels. Another thing that is so beneficial is the project management and organization features availables on this software. It allows me to do changes, revisions and modify many things with few clicks. I can extend on this review explaining on so many levels how this software has helped me to increase my productivity, even with my social networks, because it has helped me increase the amount of likes on my instagram profile given the quality of the renders produced on this application, but the reading could get so extense that I prefer to resume it on few words: you all should definitely try this software, and you'll see how amazing it is.

How to begin this review? This software is so delightful! Actually, this software is my first option on BIM world. The render engine quality is amazing and very likely and customizable. This is an AMAZING OPTION, an AMAZING PRODUCT, the best choose. In its features, this software it's an adventure, the more you enter the menus and options, the more you get enchanted. One of the best things on it, it's the fluency on the model management and the views, the control on every level of the model, the customizability on the menus. Frankly, this is a great option.

The dislike about this software? Actually i have minimum dislikes, the only thing I'd recommend to the developers of ArchiCAD would be that the document generator could be more friendly, like other drawing CAD applications, that would make more easier the process of finishing the tasks. Oh, and another thing that I don't find very likeable is that the IOS verson of the bimx is more practical than the pc one.

Lead consultant in Kenia
Architektur & Planung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

An excellent attempt in the field of design

Kommentare: All in all a perfect software for a beginner in the field of design as it will provide the basis of how a structure works through visuals. It can be described as a perfect software suitable for an architect!

The software provides an interface that gives an ease of use to practicing architects as well as architecture students. The features are to the point and can be altered and used as various other elements apart from their original use, for the purposes of design communication. The best feature of Archicad is the ability to edit the structure in 3D at a very acceptable and adequate speed making visualization very simple.

The downside is the layout processing part as well as documentation. It requires a high end RAM space and quite a lot of time to update the drawings as on the working tab. The changes will appear late and it is hectic at times.

Farral G.
Architect in USA

Great program for architectural design

This package is feature rich and is well supported. While there are nowhere as many users, at least in the US, as there are for the industry standard, it seems to me gaining in use - probably because of marketing to students. Cost is much more reasonable if you can manage without having the industry standard software.

It is harder to collaborate with many engineers and other consultants that typically use the industry standard. It does support files created with other CAD packages, but it will never be as seamless as having everyone on the same platform. That said, with limited or no support between versions of the same package from the industry standard, coordination can still be a pain.

Joseph N.
Joseph N.
Professional Freelancer in Kenia

High end Designer Software

Kommentare: Overall, my experience with ArchiCAD was awesome. I would recommend it to designers

I have used this software for my design needs for the last one year and the value I have gotten from it it insurmountable! The software offers a nice practical 2D and 3D experience when doing the models. It also offers numerous tools which when combined, one is able to bring out an excellent image just like a pro. With proficiency with the software, one is able to maneuver so fast and with so much ease that the software actually reduces the time required for a drawing by more than 70%. It was easy for me to learn the operations as they all are practical and well organized on the screen.

Some starters may find it challenging to work with the numerous tools the software offers. It also requires some advanced skills and knowledge about designs.

Ronald elliot S.
Ronald elliot S.
Interior Designer/Architect in Botsuana
Design, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The best 3D and 2D modelling software

Kommentare: I enjoyed using Archicad software, because it can be used on both Interior and Architectural designs, and I recommend upcoming Interior and Architectural Designers to try it, because it also saves time, since it has a lot of coverage in the field.

I like the fact that, you can import new and trendy furniture and other items from other platforms, to improve both interior and exterior visuals or environment. The software also allows, the user to export the file to other rendering or technical software, and saves with their versions for ease use. It also allows the user to explore the 2D and 3D when working.

The software get slower after importing other libraries or external content.

Kanav R.
Kanav R.
Architect in Indien

Value for Money & Great Software

Kommentare: Day by day i'm started feeling more connected to the software without comprising my design, explaining my design to my clients through this medium (ArhiCAD software) is always makes my confidence level up.
It's a good way to start your career.

As an Architect it is important to have a good tool with you & i guess ArchiCAD is the first choice. as a young and aspiring architect i always wanted give a meaning to my design, This software help me to get a more practical approach to my work from the beginning of my design, I can work in more details of my project while managing it's 3-D model effortlessly. More control over model while drawing in 2-D is a plus. The more you will use it more will connect with the software.

not much but the document manager is bit more complicated, it could more user friendly it will make our more easier.

Stephen  olawale J.
Stephen olawale J.
ARCHITECT in Nigeria
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

RESIDENTIAL DESIGN MODEL QUICK AND BEAUTIFUL

Kommentare: ARCHICAD is best for my presentation 3D modeling, but not best for my rendering, if i have enough time to create a more realistic picture i employ other rendering engines compatible with archicad.thanks

I ones had challenges with my PC storage that made me install a version of archicad, i had an urgent presentation and all i have was Archicad,my 2d Autocad drawings were allowed to import into Archicad. I was able to generate 3D models quickly, with a beautiful roof generated after selecting all my roof boundaries with slope definition, Archicad rendering might not be the best but its really beautiful and presentable that day, it saved my presentation that’s day.

I really don't have anything against this application, it’s really a good software, just that its rendering engine needs to be upgraded to give a more realistic 3D picture, and it slows down the PC, while carrying out modelling operations AND rendering on PC with low RAM installed, i had to upgrade my PC RAM so i can enjoy ARCHICAD.