OpenGov Permitting & Licensing Erfahrungen

Über OpenGov Permitting & Licensing

Verbessere die Art und Weise, wie Regierungen arbeiten.

Erfahre mehr über OpenGov Permitting & Licensing

Integration very helpful during the covid period. Without the in person transaction the process through Opengov is so much more manageable.

With this being a fairly new program most of the problem we run into we can get an answer from the support team within a few house.

Bewertungen zu OpenGov Permitting & Licensing

3,7
3,7
3,6
3,8

OpenGov Permitting & Licensing hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,9 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 75 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du OpenGov Permitting & Licensing bereits verwendet?

Dan
Assistant City Manager in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Best software implementation I have ever experienced in local government

Kommentare: It has been, hands down, by far the best software implementation that I have experienced in my sixteen years in local government. This product didn't just provide a new permitting platform, it significantly improved our operations and lessened the time necessary to review permits for our customers. It dramatically increased the number of online permit applications we receive, and resulted in a 10x increase in the number of electronic payments.

The ease of use and obvious care that was put into the user interface and user experience. Both the back end and customer facing portions of this software are very easy to use. Employees were essentially able to train themselves with very minimal direction on how to navigate Viewpoint, and customers were wowed by the use of use that encouraged them to submit applications to us electronically and make electronic payments.

When we first implemented Viewpoint nearly three years ago the product was young in its maturity and we had to make some compromises because of its somewhat limited functionality. Viewpoint has evolved a lot in the last three years, however, and we have found that the benefits of the overall product far outweigh any remaining issues.

Melissa
Business Operations Manager - Professional Srvcs in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Software with Ease of Use for All!

Kommentare: This software has allowed us to go completely paperless, has streamlined the permitting process, cut down on foot traffic into the office as well as phone calls checking on the status of permits. Customer Service has been very good, always quick to respond.

This software is very easy to use and set-up. It has helped streamline our permitting process and has allowed better interaction with our applicants. Contractors love this software due to it's ease of use and that they no longer have to make it to our offices to pull apply for permits, they can now easily do it from their home and/or office.

Would like to see the attachments revamped to allow for folders to be added or renaming of files easier. When you have a large project sometimes attachments can be confusing to the office and to the applicant. Would also like to see the fees for applicants be connected, so you don't have to go into each application and change the same fee type, this is very time consuming.

Brian
Plumbing/Mechanical Inspector in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Very disappointed with Cloud based system

Kommentare: I was on the team to review new permitting software for the City of Portsmouth about 5 years ago. After reviewing multiple systems and having an onsite demo we all picked Viewpoint as the number 1 choice This was before it was a web based program since one of the requirement in the RFP was in could not be a cloud based program. For some reason the city decided not upgrade at that time. The City then decided to go with Viewpoint Cloud without consulting with the original team. In my opinion the cloud based system was a major step backwards. Also I think there are much better cloud base permitting systems available.

As a plumbing mechanical inspector I like the fact that we can schedule the inspection in the system and when I leave the job I can record inspection results in my vehicle on tablet. Saves a lot of time on recording manually or returning to office and entering into system. I like the fact that all communication is done in the permit and the results can be shared with other inspectors by using the @.

The integration with Outlook is terrible. It creates another calendar that cannot be edited to add appointments not related to Viewpoint inspection and you can not customize the amount of time for an inspection. It schedules to 1/2 hr. and some inspections we schedule are for 1hr. Also once an inspection is scheduled you can not schedule another inspection for that permit until you sign of on the scheduled inspection. Some contractors would like to schedule multiple inspection for the same permit at once. The contractor database should be built into the software and not an add on. There is a problem with running reports. I did contact support months ago and was told that it is an issue with the system but it still has not been resolved. Better reporting was one of the main reasons we purchased the system

CIO in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Choice

Kommentare: Our implementation went very smoothly, and the interface was both simple and intuitive. The team does a nice job of adding functionality on a regular basis.

The flexibility of the design allows us to customize our request forms, workflows, and screens to fit our requirements. And it allows us to adapt the process and adjust as new requirements emerge.

I didn't buy stock in the company from the jump.

Mike
Development Services Manager in USA

Review

Kommentare: I really like the processes with ViewPoint from Plan Review down to Inspections. I like how all pertinent information is captured in the system and I like the look.

Value and ease of use. The software is intuitive and my staff and most customers like it.

Lacks obvious functionality when it comes to email addresses. Limiting a permit to only one email address creates a lot of problems for customers and staff. Critical users cannot see their inspection results.

Marc
Director of IT in USA

Marc Tate - Westerly RI

Kommentare: We were part of the State of Rhode Island push to have an online E-permitting system. This allowed us to take online submissions and credit card payments. It has cut down our data entry time and provided public access to our information.

Being a SAAS product is the best feature of the software

Very limited reporting options - AN EXPORT TO EXCEL IS NOT A REPORT - I had to write a program so that my users were not recreating reports every day. Viewpoint, like every other permitting program I have ever used, should have basic canned reports that could be run as needed.

Inspector of Buildings in USA

Town of Wellesley

Kommentare: The overall experience has been positive but there are improvements that Viewpoint should make to improve the system.

The program is very intuitive . It is easy to customize to how you want it to operate.

The program needs cancelled/void, expired choices for permits. The program needs to allow multiple people on a permit. The Building Code allows licensed designee's. Viewpoint should do the same. The reporting function needs to be improved. Hard to search all parameters that can arise from the Public and internally.

Julieann
Admin to Building Commissioner in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

More Functionality

Kommentare: Mixed. The customer service is responsive which is key. The flow of the permit process is ok but needs streamlining in my opinion.

Pleasant looking and pretty straight forward

Too many steps to complete an inspection. I have thousands of inspections that the inspector did not realize had to be "completed" then "completed" again to close out that step, if applicable. Editing our building permit that is printed out has been a nightmare to edit. Cannot resize. User-unfriendly. Have to use code language. Would like sub-folders in attachments., not just one attachment per "box". In other words, if I have more than one set of plans. I would like to put them in a "plans" attachment with sub-folders of the various plans. The syncing to my email calendar does not appear to work either. I would like to schedule inspections around meetings, days off, etc without having to go back and forth from my Outlook calendar and viewpoint "Inspect" tab. We also want to have all property records online in View Point, not just permits. Having the functionality to organize records of all types in with the permits would be great. The inability to link more than one record to another in the Projects option is annoying too. Many of our larger ongoing projects have one overall building permit with multiple sub-permits. For example: a new commercial construction building will have 2 or 3 Building permits with several related permits that I want to link together. For example, there could be two or three electrical, plumbing, sheet metal, gas etc permits that, if linked somehow together would make is so much easier than to try to sort through which permit is with which.

Tamie
Admin Asst in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

It's OK

Kommentare: disappointing overall!! I personally was not here when this software was first installed. I had to figure it own on my own. We tried to get View Point to come here to help us with showing us all the features...(which I'm sure I do not know about or haven't figured out or had the time)....but of course that comes with a high price tag !!! The town was not willing to pay such a high price for them to come here for a couple hours from Boston, which is only 50 miles away to really see what the software has to offer!! And I don't have time to read pages and pages of "help/support"

Being able to look up permits at your fingertips. We are not live to the point of customers using it and we just use it for Inspectional Permits

Reports.... not easy to figure out and use. Lots of long processing time....issues getting bumped out while working on a permit. Small annoying issues of such as addresses not recognized when they clearly are there and exist. sometimes I just deal with the annoying issues and don't bother with support, because, mostly it's not worth it!

Lucas
Principal Planner in USA
Architektur & Planung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Review from City Planner

Kommentare: Overall experience is good. Keeps the building permit approval process moving.

Easy to use with relatively user friendly interface.

Mapping functions are often off. Would be better if it was integrated into our GIS. It would also be nice to add pictures and plans directly to our comments. It would also be nice to label attachments and plans separately with the ability to preview documents. I am often having to download 10 plans before I get the one I need from the bulk attachments.

Lynn
Director of Public Works in USA

Unhappy in Connecticut

Kommentare: Unfortunately we went from very happy to very unhappy with the latest upgrade. We need someone from ViewPermit Cloud to come to North Haven and work with us - for just a few days - until we can resolve the issues we need.

The original software our staff liked very much as the features were all customized and helpful and the support was in person and helpful.

The 'upgrade' hasn't allowed North Haven to access the originally designed features and because it cannot secure in person visits form the software company, we cannot resolve our issues. We would love for someone from ViewPoint Cloud to come and spend a week with us like they did when the software first came out but no one wants to come and spend time with members of our users group.

Dorinda
IT Director in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

ViewPoint struggles to suceed due to the company itself

Kommentare: ViewPoint Cloud has streamlined the permitting process and helped us get to a near paperless process. This has been accomplished with a lot of work on our side and little to no support from ViewPoint. ViewPoint chronically overpromises and underdelivers.
The ViewPoint Cloud product is o.k. and has great potential. The company has a lot to be desired. ViewPoint has recently been purchased, we have hopes that they can turn the management of the product around.

Once it is set up and works, it works well.

The company support is not there and it is difficult it get an accurate answer out of the company. They constantly promised that the "product could do that" or "ViewPoint would set that up for us", but after we committed to it we found that we did not get what was promised. Luckily we have most of the promises in writing, but that only helps so much if a product does not have that capability. The company will also do very little to set the system up for you. You must do nearly all the set-up and configuration yourself. Be ready to commit significant time to this to make it successful.

Paul
Local building inspector in USA

Great idea but...

The amount of information available is fantastic

Freezes a lot. Logs out randomly. Recognizes my password half the time. Its almost a guarantee that if I’m doing enforcement and I need to verify a permit for an address it will either log me out or freeze up. Such a great idea but needs some serious tuning to be worthy of the responsibility we rely on it for.

Carl
Zoning Official in USA

Epermitting

Ability to manage property data and review permits

Navigation around website very inconvenient

Richard
Fire Prevention Officer in USA
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good product with minor problems

I like the fact that all users are provided instant access to the supplied information. As well as I have direct contact with the person applying for the permit.

I dont like the fact that I can't make measurements to verify distances in the software. I get these electronic files and still have to ask for scaled paper copies. This makes the customer have to run around a lot more.

James
Appraiser in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

I'm just a user in another Dept...

Can access scanned documents like building plans.

Poor export functionality. Lack of printed forms and reports.

Alison
Administrative Assistant in USA

Town review

Kommentare: Helps keeps the office organized.

It is very user friendly, easy to communicate between inspectors

Sometimes slow and has connectivity issues, could be our internet system

Julia
Executive Secretary in USA

ViewPoint Cloud Review

I like how that you can customize almost everything to fit your needs, at least that I have seen so far. I am still implementing the software and in the set up stage. I like that it is accessible through the internet.

I do not like that it has to be set up from the ground up essentially as far as the records and things go.

Raul
Plan reviewer in USA
Bau, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Application easy to use

I like the friendly look of the interface.

Some times takes time to open any file or task.

Laura
Administrative Assistant in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Software with Great Potential!

I like that this software has the capabilities to do many different tasks pertaining to my job. I haven't been trained on all aspects of the software as of yet, but can already tell that it can be a very helpful tool. The screens are easy to navigate and read, which makes using the software that much better.

Since I am unable to see what our citizens see on their end of the software, it makes it difficult for me to offer explanations of how to set up accounts, etc. Perhaps this has more to do with training in my particular workplace, but I can't seem to figure it out on my own.

corey
engineering tech in USA
Tiefbau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

opengov reviews

Kommentare: good service for the user

easy to use user friendly. keeps track of the things we need

there are no features that need to be revised it works good as to what ne need daily

Diane
Assessor in USA

Exceptional Product

Kommentare: Wonderful, responsive team to all questions

Ease of use, lots of functionality and reporting

Would like to print my own department reports

Zoning/Wetlands Officer in USA

Rabbit warren.

Kommentare: A administrative time killer, and low efficiency with redundancy.

Remote application submitting for residents and contractors.

Redundant zoning steps in inter-phasing with other department applications that do not require zoning approval. Example, generator requires zoning, gas or electric does not but zoning would have to sign off three times and finals.

Adolf
Sr. Transportation Engineer in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Comments

The ability to have several individuals review documents simultaneously and provide feedback and comments on a shared platform.

Ability to identify what documents to review and the navigation between different tabs/modules

Nameer
Electrical Engineer in USA
Design, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Permit

Kommentare: easy to use and great for record store

easy to use and navigate to different subject

nothing wrong about this software, I like it a lot