Über Construct 3

Software zur Spieleentwicklung, die im Browser läuft und von Schulen, Indie-Entwicklern und Spieleherstellern eingesetzt wird.

Erfahre mehr über Construct 3

Construct 3 is able to be used offline, as well as in a browser and allows its users to build 2D games and prototypes with relative ease thanks to its easy to understand user interface.

Bewertungen zu Construct 3

Construct 3 hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 243 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Construct 3 bereits verwendet?

Alonso
Alonso
Programmer in Chile
Computerspiele, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Quick and comfortable game development

Kommentare: I've used Construct 3 to develop short and sweet web games, and the process has proved fast, easy and efficient. I'm currently using the software to develop a larger commercial game, and the experience has proved to be smooth as the sole programmer during these first couple of months of development.

Construct 3 is clean and simple to use. When developing my own games, I can quickly add new levels and features without much fuss. I've taught game development to high school students using C3, and they have no problems learning how to use the software. It is in active development, and frequently receives updates with bug fixes, new features, and suggestions from the community. The community on Discord is very helpful, and frequently share example templates and addons/effects that extend Construct's functionality. With the addition of javascript scripting, it's very easy to mix block based logic and actual code in a project, and you can implement external javascript libraries to extend your project. The HTML5 focus makes it easy to share your projects with others via features like remote preview or simply through the fast export process.

The quirks of how project and object files make it hard (but not impossible) to use in larger teams. Despite regional pricing, the monthly or annual subscription plans can be expensive for students or hobbyists, and the free version is limited. It's a bit hard to suggest more complex yet interesting features without them being shot down due to them being "too complex" or the underlying systems "delicate and with a lot of moving parts". The asset store hasn't been properly moved to the current website, so a lot of good paid addons for Construct 3 are scattered about in places like itch.io. Feature-wise and in export options, it doesn't compete with the big engines like Unity or Unreal. There are addons that hack around this, but the program focuses solely on 2D.

Chanice
Game Developer in Kenia
Unterhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A Powerful and Easy to Use Game Development Tool: Construct 3

Kommentare: Overall, Construct 3 is an excellent game development tool that is easy to use and offers powerful features. Its intuitive visual editor and code editor make it the perfect solution for both beginners and experienced developers. It may not have as many features and support as some of its competitors, but it is still a great choice for game development.

Construct 3 is an excellent game development tool that offers an easy to use interface and powerful features. It is the perfect solution for beginners and experienced developers alike who want to create their own games. The visual editor makes it simple to design and animate characters, and the code editor allows for custom scripting. Plus, its wide range of plugins and tools make it a powerful and versatile tool for game development.

Construct 3 has a few downsides. It is not as feature-rich as some of the other game development tools, and the UI can be a bit confusing for beginners. Additionally, it does not offer as much support for third-party plugins and tools as some of its competitors.

Yassine
full stack developer in Marokko
Computerspiele, Selbstständig

Best 2d Game engine to start with game development.

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Construct 3 is very good, very easy to use and support a lot of features, Its actually the best to use for browser games making (html5 games), but it doesn't stop at that you can actually export you games to Desktop/Mobile and other markets as well. I definitely recommend it if you want to make 2d games (It also support 3d btw but as a 2d game developer never tried it)

I tried other games engines (Unity and Godot) it was really hard to make anything, Construct 3 was a game-changer for me. Its intuitive interface and drag-and-drop features made everything so clear and accessible. Suddenly, complex mechanics I imagined were popping up in my games with ease. Whether you're a complete beginner or a professional developer, Construct 3 has everything you need to bring your game ideas to life. this tool empowers anyone to turn their wildest game dreams into reality. Also no setup or code needed from any where you can just open the website access your account and start making games.

I just love everything about construct 3, they keep updating and improving the software with features that make construct better so no cons.

Brandon
App Developer in Australien
Computerspiele, Selbstständig

Useful for those who can’t code

Kommentare: Very poor customer support. I cannot recommend Construct 3 due to this. Save your money and learn to program properly!

Easy to use. User friendly for beginners.

Construct 3 suffers from a lack of support. Scirra are focused on introducing new features to Construct 3 constantly so users see the value of what is a rather pricey subscription. The downside to this is that they don’t prioritise fixing issues when they arise. I am an app developer and I was alerted by a user to an issue with one of my apps that resulted from a broken IAP component in Construct 3. This issue was potentially costing me money. I complained about the issue on Scirra’s forums. The issue affected numerous other developers, not just me. An issue was raised on github do that it could be fixed. Well it took over a year to fix. For such an important element that impacts on users ability to make money from Construct 3 you would think they would have given priority to fixing it. Apparently not so. This really left a bad taste in my mouth. As a result of Scirra’s inability to offer an appropriate level of support to their subscribers I ended my subscription. I began coding in Swift instead and have since shipped two apps written in Swift. Using a proper programming language makes you realise how limited Construct 3 really is. If you wish to make good games fo yourself a favour and learn to program in a proper language. Your games will be more professional and will be optimised and will run better. A programming language simply offers more flexibility than something like Construct 3 ever could.

Antwort von Scirra

Hi Brandon, Sorry you've had a bad experience - we do insist all bug reports are filed properly via our clearly published procedures for them to be actioned properly and promptly. We have answered thousands of questions by email and on our forums and overwhelmingly the feedback we get is our support is prompt and helpful. Regarding iAP problems, most of the time this is caused by misconfiguration of settings by the developer. Tom

Information Technology Analyst in Nigeria
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

My review on Construct 3

Kommentare: My experience using construct 3 is really great, me using this software i have developed and collaborate in the making of good web games, and it was efficiently built using construct 3.. which directly increased my productivity even has a solo game programmer at times.

Utilizing construct 3 for over a year now and this software as been very straight froward an easy to use. When i am constructing my own games, me adding things like levels and games internal features has been very easy. I even explained the process of using this software to some of my friends who doesn't have a prior knowledge into game development and they found it easy to get used to this software. This software is always receiving important updates and even some bugs found are usually repaired earlier on before even the user notice it. They even have a discord community for collecting feedbacks and live reports from the users.

Despite the low monthly fee of 6.69 dollars per month, these can still be difficult for some people to meet up with especially the students so i wish they should come up with a special discount pricing for anyone who is a student.

Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Fast game development and efficient prototyping

Kommentare: I work with construct as a freelancing game developer, from small casino games to full multiplayer brawlers. It is an excellent tool if you are looking for quick development and progress to a final game.

The game engine has one of the most fluent learning flows, in just a few hours anyone can have a game running and playable.The event oriented programming is flexible enough to be possible to solve almost any kind of projects, and when it gets short, you can use JavaScript to take all the juice of it.

Performance is one of the biggest cons it has, while the games can be run on ANY platform, and exported in almost one click, the html5 2d games have big problems with old hardware. Luckly explorers and hardware are having a big upgrade and it may be a problem of the past in a few months.

Julia
Julia
Illustrator in Brasilien
Bildende Kunst, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Started because its easy to use, stayed because its very powerful

Kommentare: My experience has been awesome, C3 makes game development a really fun experience since the workflow becomes faster and simpler compared to other engines. I have no plans to stop using it as long as my team keeps working on 2D projects, and I know that the engine will get even more features since the devs are very active and easy to reach.

The event-sheet-based programming was the reason I started using Construct 3, since it's so easy, fast, and intuitive to make games with it, but this doesn't limit the engine in any means, the engine is very powerful and has everything my team needs to develop awesome 2D games with it. We have been using C3 for 3 years and have no plans to change.

1. C3 doesn't have good 3D support, which could be useful for 2D games when working with cameras and depth.2. It doesn't have native support for console exports.3. The project structure makes it hard to multiple people to use the engine at the same time in the same project, making it not so good for bigger teams.

Khaled
Khaled
CEO in Ägypten
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Best 2D Game Engine ever!

Kommentare: So Amazing! Best Code-Less 2D Game Engine!

- The ability to write JS code - The number of features that make it easy to develop a game - Support for Direct Export for Android & IOS - Ready to use Behaviors, no need to code. - Almost no need to code yourself! only for Advanced things - Dark Mode (useful for 6H usage) - Faster than Construct 2 - Much professional than Construct 2 - Weekly Updates (Bug fixes - New features) - And many more......

Personally I haven't experienced anything I didn't like but previously was the pricing for personal plans. It was $99 annually with no monthly subscription. but now it's about $50 annually and you can pay $5 Monthly, Super!

Antwort von Scirra

Thanks for your amazing review, and we're thrilled you're enjoying Construct so much :)

Ayo
Game programmer in Nigeria
Computerspiele, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A very good tool for web game creation

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: i use construct 3 to create 2d games for professional and recreational purposes without writing any code. I can recommend it to anyone.

I use construct 3 to create really nice website games that are very enjoyable to play as well without writing any line of code. I find it really easy to add new features like new difficulty levels. Another feature I really like is that it gives frequent notifications and updates of bug fixes. An absolute beginner or a full professional developer can use this software with ease and I can recommend it for who want to make a 2d games

I have an enjoyable experience using the application. I have nothing bad to report on the software

Aderonke
Sales representative in Nigeria
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

My Review on Construct 3

Kommentare: The overall experience of my company with the software has been so adventurous and wonderful. I highly recommend.

I consider this software wonderful and nice because is user friendly for first time users like my company and is also user friendly. I can confidently recommend it to my other colleagues in other companies.

Well, for us as a company, we've not actually seen any dislike about the software so far. We consider it useful and so easy to use and operate.

Caleb
Game Designer in USA

Construct 3 is an amazing product for virtually anyone making 2D games

Kommentare: I love Construct and am a proud user of it. I encourage people who I know are interested in learning game development or are looking for new tools to check it out. I'm an unpaid evangelist for the platform and have worked with companies to consider supporting it more explicitly. This has unfortunately been difficult to do as an unofficial voice for the platform, but I still like trying to make sure monetization options out there at least know about Construct to consider it down the road.

Construct lets me prototype new ideas very quickly and get things moving fast. helps me evaluate an idea rapidly to either discard it, pursue it or improve it. The software is very stable. I can't think of the last time I experienced anything that was a legitimate bug. Constant updates / patches and improvements are clear signs of a project that's thrive.

I honestly can't think of any Cons about the software as is, however I do have two points that I believe Construct could do better in and would make the platform even more powerful, populare and profitable for their users: I wish they would make inroads to 3D game development. While I know 3D introduces new complexities, I'm not convinced I see how adding a Z axis and a 3d view would not still work with the same core logic and rules of Construct. HTML5 can be used to produce hi quality 3D games with other tech using the same core javascript language. Even if it were light 3D stuff at first like making a game like crossy roads.. i mean come on. Construct 3(D!) :) I would also like to really see a concrete solution from Construct to make it easier for HTML5 web games to be monetized. There are ways, but they are very much "you figure it out" solutions that as a non-programmer pretty much make it a non starter. Mobile is super saturated and finding success in it gets harder and harder. Web while not having it's own challenges would still open up a lot of new genres and possibilities. Or perhaps working closely with a strong platform like Kongregate. I would love to develop games for browser for PC like a nice RPG that would be browser based.. but at this time I find the options not feasible as a Construct user.

enrique
Creative Director - 3d in USA
Grafikdesign, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

The is an untapped group of audience waiting

Kommentare: Overall I love construct. As a traditional artist and a 3d artist. I would love the opportunity to make a game that can utilize all my talents. I'm still hoping its Construct 3 than the others game engines. I think I'll will be a loyal user for a very long time.

easy to use and is amazing for people who are artists and designers that want to make a game without having to learn how to code.

The lack of 3d that is involved. Now please hear me out from this. I know allot of people that know 3d are not asking to make this to another Unreal or Unity. What we are asking is to have some basics settings to allow 3d artists to use this product so they may make a game. I feel if the artists can import low geometry models (no more than 500 polygons) in there scene and being able to have a 3d viewport. You will see allot of 3d artists using Construct as there go to game engine. And you will have a larger more broader audience to be a part of the construct family. There are allot of 3d people out there still looking for the alternative to create a game without having to learn coding and Construct still has the opportunity to be that engine. Maybe if not Construct then possible another sub game engine that is for 3d users. and you can charge extra to subscribe to both. Just something to think about cause there is still allot of room to get more people.

Shubham
Game Developer in Indien
Computerspiele, Selbstständig

Construct 3 is undoubtedly the best no-code game development option present today.

Kommentare: Overall, Construct 3 has helped me realize my vision and sustain my passion, which would have been lost otherwise. I would highly recommend it to someone who wants to develop 2D games with ease and fun.

Non-coding, easy to understand event system is definitely the USP of C3. Apart from that i really like how the editor is designed user friendly so that i can develop small mobile games in no time, but the same features also give me the flexibility to go deeper and develop as complex mechanism as i want. I absolutely love that i can conceptualize, develop, monetize, and export to multiple platforms, hassle-free all at the same place. Another huge factor for me choosing C3 is its very reasonable pricing. And lastly, i love the forum community as people there have always helped me whenever i have got stuck in a development situation.

There are occasional bugs, which are rare, mostly minor and are fixed within a day or two of the complaint. Considering that issue to be nominal and present in every engine available in the market, the only other con i can think of is the limited analytical debugging features which can be made better.

Mike
President in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Amazing product that creates amazing results!

Kommentare: Most software development starts out with the excitement of what you are about to build, then moves into the fun of designing it. By the time you are down the the polishing it up, you have grown weary of it.
With Construct that feeling of excitement and discovery seems to last throughout the whole process.

The ease of use, of course is it's primary strength. Construct 3 allows users to create quick, prototype game mechanics or to build out full functioning software. The latest versions of this software have removed any roadblocks from creating pretty much anything you can imagine.

Although this tool specializes in the no-coding aspect of putting together great games, it also allows users to extend functionality via javascript. The documentation for the javascript could use some beefing up.

Jonathan
Architect/Draftsperson in Kanada
Architektur & Planung, Selbstständig

Construct 3 for App Design

Kommentare: Very good, I only use it as a Hobby at this time. the App market is so saturated, there dosn't seem to be as much opportunity to make good money as there once was.

I like that unlike some other software you dont need a 3rd party software to product the final Game App for different devices.

More Game Control functionality, being able to control a game character by using your devices motion doesn't always work as well as it could. In game Adds like Admob don't work on the Construct Arcade. I asked about this and it was the only time I never got a response back.

Lucas
Game Developer in Brasilien

Best Game Engine with room for some improvements

Kommentare: With Construct 3 it was very easy and fast to create my games and publish them. Game development in C3 is very dynamic and easy to learn. I made two games using Construct 3 and I'm very happy with the result, the games are Nuclear Assault for Steam and SUPER Farting Dogs for Android, in addition to making 3 other games that won first place in 3 game jam's here in Brazil using the Construct 3.

Fast speed of game development.Ease of learningFriendly interfaceEasy to export gamesMany Behaviors that speed up development

I believe that the pathfinding behavior may have one more option to prevent an object from climbing on top of the other, as each object with pathfinding cannot detect other identical objects as an obstacle by default. It would be very good for Top Down Tower Defense games for example if Behavior from Pathfinding had these improvements.I also think it could have a Leaderboard object made easier to insert in games.

IGNACIO
Game Dev in Brasilien
Computerspiele, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

This Software made me comebackto game development

Kommentare: Despite of the html5 core, construct is very powerfull, one of the best tools to make quick prototypes and even full games, depending of the platform that you need, two of our major games were developed using construct, and if your focus is 2d and html and pc/mac/linux games look nofurther.

Focus on logics without a single line of code.

html based, depending of a lot of external tools.

Andrei
Game producer in Rumänien
Internet, Selbstständig

Great value for this underrated 2D game engine

Kommentare: As a two man team we managed to develop prototypes and games with ease compared to using other game engines. The development speed is very fast however some integrations (such as Steam API for example) can take longer and are more prone to issues. There are plugins however which are developed by individuals to try and solve these problems, plugins that in our experience end up broken in half a year or so due to the rapid development of Construct 3.

Construct 3 is an outstanding 2D game engine which lets you build HTML5 games/apps/websites/anything HTML5 related without writing any code (though you can code if you want to). It's a double layered software product which gives the user access to only design code blocks (no coding), coding with JavaScript or a combination of both. The non-coding layer has logic related readable code blocks and the logic is exported by the software as HTML5 code. This means that you can port your game to play in Browsers, as executables in Windows and macOS, on phones and basically any device which can run HTML5. It has the newest features browser vendors add to their products (Google Chrome, Mozilla, etc). Has a lot of built-in behaviors which can be applied to objects to give them functionality out of the box. Another pro is that it runs in your browser, being a web app.

The limits imposed by browser vendors sometimes restrict the use of the software and the developers must spend time to find workarounds. Also the HTML5 standards are not applied in due time for all browsers so your games/apps might have issues sometimes on different browsers which is why cross platform testing is so important.

Christine
App & Game Developer in Malaysia
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My personal experience using Construct 3 review

Kommentare: Construct 3 is the ideal software for those who want to make 2D games. This non-programming game maker software is ideal for an educational setting because of its numerous game options, low cost, and comprehensive support. Overall experience is engaging because the thrill of designing a game and then playing it in an hour or less is powerful. Students are more committed and encouraged to learn for a goal when they can see immediate results when they add or modify the event sheet in Construct 3.

I love Construct 3 because I don't have to learn programming to develop a game. The subscription's price is affordable and It's a versatile tool with a variety of features and options. It is by far the simplest game engine for beginners to learn. It is also a great platform to teach with my students on using Construct 3 for game development, and I'm enjoying it immensely using it for educational purposes as well as developing games for my own. Apart from that, Construct 3 is a great way to get started with event-driven and object-oriented programming, and it has a lot of export options such as Android, IOS, Facebook, HTML5, Xbox and etc. Construct's versatility includes the ability to use a combination of blocks and JavaScript which are suitable for non-programmers. Overall Construct 3 is one of the best game maker software that I would recommend my student to use.

Construct 3 is designed for 2D games and projects; anything 3D will not work properly, and I would recommend using a different game engine if you go this path. Construct 3, like any other game development program, has its own flaws. Construct 3 is densely packed with functionality, requiring a steep learning curve to realize its full potential. Although templates and documentation can help, there is still a learning curve to contend with. Since the sample and book for construct 3 are still lacking, you must refer to the instructions for construct 2 which can be challenging.

Allan
Lecturer in UK
Hochschulbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Construct 3 r268 +

Excellent for teaching young people about logic, problrm solving, and programming concepts. It's easy to create simple games with young students and school pupils, gently introducing them to programming concepts while they engage in fun activities. Work to reward time is very short so students dont loose interest before they see something cool on screen. I've tried using Unity and Unreal in classes and the learning curve was too steep with too little reward in classes which are two hours a week or less. Construct 3 is perfect. Runs from a browser so no install needed, but can still produce games that perform well. It has enough complexity to do some very clever things and is constantly being updated with new tools and improvements. The recent 3D additions look really promising. My class of 13 year old's went wild when they saw me add a 3D camera example to change an overhead 2D maze game into a first person view in a matter of seconds. This is the best tool I've found for creating 2D games and interactive media, and it just keeps getting better.

For 3D games development, look elsewhere. The new 3D tools are promising, but very limited at the moment. You could make Doom or Wing Commander clones for instance, with primitive 3D shapes and billboarding.

Abhishek
Leader in Indien
Staatsverwaltung, Selbstständig

Perfect for the speedlovers

Kommentare: It is very comfortable to make games with it. And the best thing which I am in love is that APK files are made in few clicks and that too online and hassle free

1.) You can make almost any 2d game in lesser time as compared to other game engines 2.) Very easy. Anyone can master the whole game engine in just 7 days. Otherwise for other game engines it will take same time just to memorise the UI of the game engine 3.) No need to install. Open the browser and start working on the game. That's all. And after initial loading ,it don't even require internet connection. Otherwise for other game engine the story is completely different 4.) No need to care about upgrades as whole thing is based on internet 5.) It is improving at very great speed 6.) Making installables is even more AWESOME. APK file is made in few clicks with no hassle !!! 7.) No need to care about file management. When the file is saved, everything is saved inside a single file. In this way one has to only care about single file as compared to managing other things like images,audio files,scripts and much more 8.) Script if you want. Now it even has option of scripting !!! 9.) Cheap and monthly payment option also available.

Is is meant only for 2d games. That's all

Titilayo
Machine Learning Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great User Experience with Room for Improvement

Kommentare: Construct 3 is an excellent tool for creating games and apps with ease. The user interface is intuitive and the drag-and-drop feature makes it easy to get started. However, more complex projects may require more features, which are not available in Construct 3.

Construct 3 has an intuitive user interface which makes it easy to create games and apps quickly and efficiently. The drag-and-drop feature makes it simple to add animations and sprites and the built-in editor makes debugging your projects a breeze.

Although the drag-and-drop feature makes creating projects simple, it does not provide much flexibility for more complex projects. Additionally, there is no direct support for 3D games and apps, which limits the range of projects that can be built.

Rory
Game Developer in Singapur
Grafikdesign, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A great engine with little nitpicks

Makes game development more about designing than programming. Has a great workflow, event based and non-coding workflow is very intuitive and hard to forget. Great variety of features for simple games and applications. Good range of 3rd party addons and small but active plugin making community. Good performance and constantly being improved.

Lack of features targeted to advanced users. No Prefabs. Bad, and unwarranted, reputation in the game development world for not being a serious engine. Some features like multiplayer, containers, timelines, Z-depth, Box2D Physics, seem incomplete or half baked causing them to need to be replaced with 3rd party or manual solutions in larger projects. Sprite importing is troublesome when you use large amounts of art. Plugin/add-on creators are limited by which parts of the SDK are exposed, and quite a bit is untouchable. Software development is limited by small team size, which is commonly cited as the reason important features are not be worked on.

Lewis
Developer in UK
Glücksspiel & Casinos, Selbstständig

Fantastic no code developer

Kommentare: Really enjoyed using the platform

I started using construct as a complete novice having no experience of coding/programming at all. It's easy to pick up so I'd definitely recommend using for beginners but it also has a tonne of more advanced features so you will not get bored. It's a very powerful game engine. The forums are always great too for help and tips.

I would like to see more tutorials available

Silvio
Gfx artist and programmer in Italien
Grafikdesign, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Awesome tool for game development

Kommentare: I use it daily, having tried every other game development program this is the only that lets me develop my ideas and hopefully have success. It literally saved my work life.

Ease of use, it works from a browser! I can even use it from the iPad. Programming language is a breeze, very fun and easy to create projects

At the moment exporting to iOS is hard, but it can be done. Sometimes using it from the browser means it is a double edged sword, but overall fine.