Über Construct 3

Software zur Spieleentwicklung, die im Browser läuft und von Schulen, Indie-Entwicklern und Spieleherstellern eingesetzt wird.

Erfahre mehr über Construct 3

Bewertungen zu Construct 3

Construct 3 hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 250 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Construct 3 bereits verwendet?

Alonso
Alonso
Programmer in Chile
Computerspiele, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Quick and comfortable game development

Kommentare: I've used Construct 3 to develop short and sweet web games, and the process has proved fast, easy and efficient. I'm currently using the software to develop a larger commercial game, and the experience has proved to be smooth as the sole programmer during these first couple of months of development.

Construct 3 is clean and simple to use. When developing my own games, I can quickly add new levels and features without much fuss. I've taught game development to high school students using C3, and they have no problems learning how to use the software. It is in active development, and frequently receives updates with bug fixes, new features, and suggestions from the community. The community on Discord is very helpful, and frequently share example templates and addons/effects that extend Construct's functionality. With the addition of javascript scripting, it's very easy to mix block based logic and actual code in a project, and you can implement external javascript libraries to extend your project. The HTML5 focus makes it easy to share your projects with others via features like remote preview or simply through the fast export process.

The quirks of how project and object files make it hard (but not impossible) to use in larger teams. Despite regional pricing, the monthly or annual subscription plans can be expensive for students or hobbyists, and the free version is limited. It's a bit hard to suggest more complex yet interesting features without them being shot down due to them being "too complex" or the underlying systems "delicate and with a lot of moving parts". The asset store hasn't been properly moved to the current website, so a lot of good paid addons for Construct 3 are scattered about in places like itch.io. Feature-wise and in export options, it doesn't compete with the big engines like Unity or Unreal. There are addons that hack around this, but the program focuses solely on 2D.

Chanice
Game Developer in Kenia
Unterhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A Powerful and Easy to Use Game Development Tool: Construct 3

Kommentare: Overall, Construct 3 is an excellent game development tool that is easy to use and offers powerful features. Its intuitive visual editor and code editor make it the perfect solution for both beginners and experienced developers. It may not have as many features and support as some of its competitors, but it is still a great choice for game development.

Construct 3 is an excellent game development tool that offers an easy to use interface and powerful features. It is the perfect solution for beginners and experienced developers alike who want to create their own games. The visual editor makes it simple to design and animate characters, and the code editor allows for custom scripting. Plus, its wide range of plugins and tools make it a powerful and versatile tool for game development.

Construct 3 has a few downsides. It is not as feature-rich as some of the other game development tools, and the UI can be a bit confusing for beginners. Additionally, it does not offer as much support for third-party plugins and tools as some of its competitors.

Okpala
Game Developer in Nigeria
Computerspiele, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

My review on construct 3

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I generally enjoy the experience of using construct 3, being able to build a game without a single line of code is quite incredibly

I make use of construct 3 all the time either for just leisure or for professional use. when I was a total beginner and did not know how to write a singlle line of code, i used it to turn a number of my gaming ideas into reality in the form of web games I have fun using the drag and drop feature and the fact that you can add difficulty levels to your game is quite amazing. it is also very easy to export

I have no cons to report, pretty much any level of game developer can make use of it comfortably

Brandon
App Developer in Australien
Computerspiele, Selbstständig

Useful for those who can’t code

Kommentare: Very poor customer support. I cannot recommend Construct 3 due to this. Save your money and learn to program properly!

Easy to use. User friendly for beginners.

Construct 3 suffers from a lack of support. Scirra are focused on introducing new features to Construct 3 constantly so users see the value of what is a rather pricey subscription. The downside to this is that they don’t prioritise fixing issues when they arise. I am an app developer and I was alerted by a user to an issue with one of my apps that resulted from a broken IAP component in Construct 3. This issue was potentially costing me money. I complained about the issue on Scirra’s forums. The issue affected numerous other developers, not just me. An issue was raised on github do that it could be fixed. Well it took over a year to fix. For such an important element that impacts on users ability to make money from Construct 3 you would think they would have given priority to fixing it. Apparently not so. This really left a bad taste in my mouth. As a result of Scirra’s inability to offer an appropriate level of support to their subscribers I ended my subscription. I began coding in Swift instead and have since shipped two apps written in Swift. Using a proper programming language makes you realise how limited Construct 3 really is. If you wish to make good games fo yourself a favour and learn to program in a proper language. Your games will be more professional and will be optimised and will run better. A programming language simply offers more flexibility than something like Construct 3 ever could.

Antwort von Scirra

Hi Brandon, Sorry you've had a bad experience - we do insist all bug reports are filed properly via our clearly published procedures for them to be actioned properly and promptly. We have answered thousands of questions by email and on our forums and overwhelmingly the feedback we get is our support is prompt and helpful. Regarding iAP problems, most of the time this is caused by misconfiguration of settings by the developer. Tom

Oluwasegun
Mobile game developer in Nigeria
Computerspiele, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

It is perfect for creating web games

Kommentare: I have a very pleasant experience so far using construct3 in general. even when i was a complete beginner and now that I am a more established professional developer, construct 3 still brings my gaming ideas to reality

Construct 3 is one very good software I use for creating browser games because it has a lot of features like adding a various number of new difficulty levels to the game, timeline animations, drag-and-drop features, and it works beautifully on android browsers. i found it very easy to export the games and it is ready to be played immediately. The best part is that I create the games without a line of code which is awesome

No cons report, I would recommend construct3 to any developer!

Adnaan
Game Director in Deutschland
Computerspiele, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

A Comprehensive Game Maker for Novice and Professional Developers Alike

Kommentare: Construct 3 is an excellent game making platform for both novice and experienced developers. It is easy to learn and use, and it has an array of tools and features to make game development easier. The downside is that it does not support 3D games, and it is not suitable for highly customized or complex games.

Construct 3 is an incredibly comprehensive game making platform that makes it easy for both novice and experienced developers to build their own games. It features a wide range of tools and features that make game development easier and more efficient. The platform also has a great user interface, making it easy to learn and use.

The biggest downside of Construct 3 is the lack of support for 3D games. While the platform is great for building 2D games, it does not offer any support for 3D models or environments. Additionally, the platform is not suitable for developing complex or highly customized games.

Yassine
full stack developer in Marokko
Computerspiele, Selbstständig

Best 2d Game engine to start with game development.

Kommentare: Construct 3 is very good, very easy to use and support a lot of features, Its actually the best to use for browser games making (html5 games), but it doesn't stop at that you can actually export you games to Desktop/Mobile and other markets as well. I definitely recommend it if you want to make 2d games (It also support 3d btw but as a 2d game developer never tried it)

I tried other games engines (Unity and Godot) it was really hard to make anything, Construct 3 was a game-changer for me. Its intuitive interface and drag-and-drop features made everything so clear and accessible. Suddenly, complex mechanics I imagined were popping up in my games with ease. Whether you're a complete beginner or a professional developer, Construct 3 has everything you need to bring your game ideas to life. this tool empowers anyone to turn their wildest game dreams into reality. Also no setup or code needed from any where you can just open the website access your account and start making games.

I just love everything about construct 3, they keep updating and improving the software with features that make construct better so no cons.

Julia
Julia
Illustrator in Brasilien
Bildende Kunst, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Started because its easy to use, stayed because its very powerful

Kommentare: My experience has been awesome, C3 makes game development a really fun experience since the workflow becomes faster and simpler compared to other engines. I have no plans to stop using it as long as my team keeps working on 2D projects, and I know that the engine will get even more features since the devs are very active and easy to reach.

The event-sheet-based programming was the reason I started using Construct 3, since it's so easy, fast, and intuitive to make games with it, but this doesn't limit the engine in any means, the engine is very powerful and has everything my team needs to develop awesome 2D games with it. We have been using C3 for 3 years and have no plans to change.

1. C3 doesn't have good 3D support, which could be useful for 2D games when working with cameras and depth.2. It doesn't have native support for console exports.3. The project structure makes it hard to multiple people to use the engine at the same time in the same project, making it not so good for bigger teams.

Khaled
Khaled
CEO in Ägypten
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Best 2D Game Engine ever!

Kommentare: So Amazing! Best Code-Less 2D Game Engine!

- The ability to write JS code - The number of features that make it easy to develop a game - Support for Direct Export for Android & IOS - Ready to use Behaviors, no need to code. - Almost no need to code yourself! only for Advanced things - Dark Mode (useful for 6H usage) - Faster than Construct 2 - Much professional than Construct 2 - Weekly Updates (Bug fixes - New features) - And many more......

Personally I haven't experienced anything I didn't like but previously was the pricing for personal plans. It was $99 annually with no monthly subscription. but now it's about $50 annually and you can pay $5 Monthly, Super!

Antwort von Scirra

Thanks for your amazing review, and we're thrilled you're enjoying Construct so much :)

Arijan
Programmer and Designer in Bosnien und Herzegowina

The ease of constructing

4,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Intuitive and simple approach to the no-code nature of the engine. Very easy to use, but offers a lot for those who master it.

Limited publishing options when it comes to major platforms / consoles.

Caleb
Game Designer in USA

Construct 3 is an amazing product for virtually anyone making 2D games

Kommentare: I love Construct and am a proud user of it. I encourage people who I know are interested in learning game development or are looking for new tools to check it out. I'm an unpaid evangelist for the platform and have worked with companies to consider supporting it more explicitly. This has unfortunately been difficult to do as an unofficial voice for the platform, but I still like trying to make sure monetization options out there at least know about Construct to consider it down the road.

Construct lets me prototype new ideas very quickly and get things moving fast. helps me evaluate an idea rapidly to either discard it, pursue it or improve it. The software is very stable. I can't think of the last time I experienced anything that was a legitimate bug. Constant updates / patches and improvements are clear signs of a project that's thrive.

I honestly can't think of any Cons about the software as is, however I do have two points that I believe Construct could do better in and would make the platform even more powerful, populare and profitable for their users: I wish they would make inroads to 3D game development. While I know 3D introduces new complexities, I'm not convinced I see how adding a Z axis and a 3d view would not still work with the same core logic and rules of Construct. HTML5 can be used to produce hi quality 3D games with other tech using the same core javascript language. Even if it were light 3D stuff at first like making a game like crossy roads.. i mean come on. Construct 3(D!) :) I would also like to really see a concrete solution from Construct to make it easier for HTML5 web games to be monetized. There are ways, but they are very much "you figure it out" solutions that as a non-programmer pretty much make it a non starter. Mobile is super saturated and finding success in it gets harder and harder. Web while not having it's own challenges would still open up a lot of new genres and possibilities. Or perhaps working closely with a strong platform like Kongregate. I would love to develop games for browser for PC like a nice RPG that would be browser based.. but at this time I find the options not feasible as a Construct user.

William
One-man team indie game dev in Kanada

Construct 3 is more than a yearly subscription game engine

Kommentare: The price offered to me includes: fast prototyping, optimized HTML5 exports, an awesome community, interesting example resources, saving unlimited games in Construct 3 cloud, remote preview features, multiplayer feature to try and looks easy to use, regular releases of new Construct 3 versions with features not supposed to be broken once published, and be able to work on any computer at any time without downloading the engine? I'm sold.

My pros from my OWN opinion focusing on HTML5 game development:-This is WAY easier to prototype games. From me, the one-man team using GameMaker for years (GML only), nothing I tried so far was faster than Construct 3.-The remote preview is a must when I want to test a game on a physical phone in real conditions without handling a hard setup first.-The example browser is RICH of content when you don't know where to start.-The preview build is done in a few seconds, this is the future we wanted.-I was shocked when exported my first Construct 3 game in a zip file (to host it on my favourite game hosting platform). With GameMaker, there was a mess of unnecessary files each time I export (this happen on over 90 different games). However, the Construct 3 export is so clean when exporting, I was amazed.-Construct 3 is really friendly to add plugins from third-party or making our ones, so good for custom settings for specific complex games.-The community and the staff are friendly and welcoming to answer our questions when needed.-Even if I must pay yearly, considering the fact I can prototype faster than GameMaker, HTML5 export friendly with optimization, the Construct 3 cloud can preserve the project files so I can resume anywhere at any time, and a lot of tutorials easy to find, the price is lower than what we pay. So, we can now stop complaining about their price, alright?

-The Construct 3 documentation has no code examples to describe what they are saying. Which is weird to me, since GameMaker and Unity do it.-The complexity to find tutorials about how to make custom plugins.-I would enjoy reading regularly the Construct 3 team roadmap to see what is under development and be hyped to use soon the new known incoming features.-The only thing frustrating, even if minor, is I can't do "ctrl + shift + z" when I went to undo a "ctrl + z". Have to redo the stuff instead, sadly.

Martino di
Senior Engineering Manager in Italien
Finanzdienstleistungen, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

A Powerful and Flexible Program

Kommentare: Construct 3 is a great tool for creating 2D games and other types of applications. It provides a simple experience that allows beginner and experienced developers alike to quickly build amazing projects. The program is highly customisable, and offers robust features that are constantly being improved.

It is a powerful yet easy-to-learn game development tool. It has a wide range of useful features that make creating games an enjoyable experience. The visual editor allows for powerful sprite manipulation, and you can even create a game from a template as long as you have a basic understanding of HTML and JavaScript.

It can be a bit expensive for an indie development studio, so it might not be the best value for your budget and there are some features missing in comparison to bigger game engines. However, the features are constantly being improved and added.

Tim
IT Teacher in UK
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Construct 3 in an Educational Setting

Kommentare: My experience with using this product in teaching game design to a bunch of teenagers has been very positive. The majority of my pupils have been able to create their own games according to a brief and this product has enabled them to achieve this.

We chose this product as the course I teach requires students to work professionally. This product is as professional as you can get whilst still being accessible by students. Processes can be completed with ease and the logic behind composing the events is well structured to enabled designers to quickly solve their design needs.

The only issue I have with using this product is the number of drawing tools in the sprite editor is not as much as in products like Photoshop - despite the fact it is not designed to be an equivalent and you can import files that have been edited in Photoshop or similar so not really an issue.

Janet
Game Developer in USA

Lightweight engine for artists

Kommentare: Very good and intuitive to work with, no code let me focus more on narrative and art side of projects, so it's perfect for game jams, for example.

Visual coding was the reason I picked up Construct, it's really fast to create lighter 2D projects for an artist.

Probably the price was the reason I changed to either free engines like Godot or one-time purchases like Game Maker back when it still was a one-time purchase. I still recommend it for any artist that want to create games that don't necessarily need complex systems to be coded in.

Billy
Fullstack Developer in USA
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

Construct the game of your dreams

Kommentare: If you missed the hayday of Newgrounds, then Construct is your way back to it.

Not just an alternative, Construct is the go to 2D Engine. It has everything at a glance.

The in package art tools are bare bones. They are fantastic if you don't have your own animation software.

Andrei
Game producer in Rumänien
Internet, Selbstständig

Great value for this underrated 2D game engine

Kommentare: As a two man team we managed to develop prototypes and games with ease compared to using other game engines. The development speed is very fast however some integrations (such as Steam API for example) can take longer and are more prone to issues. There are plugins however which are developed by individuals to try and solve these problems, plugins that in our experience end up broken in half a year or so due to the rapid development of Construct 3.

Construct 3 is an outstanding 2D game engine which lets you build HTML5 games/apps/websites/anything HTML5 related without writing any code (though you can code if you want to). It's a double layered software product which gives the user access to only design code blocks (no coding), coding with JavaScript or a combination of both. The non-coding layer has logic related readable code blocks and the logic is exported by the software as HTML5 code. This means that you can port your game to play in Browsers, as executables in Windows and macOS, on phones and basically any device which can run HTML5. It has the newest features browser vendors add to their products (Google Chrome, Mozilla, etc). Has a lot of built-in behaviors which can be applied to objects to give them functionality out of the box. Another pro is that it runs in your browser, being a web app.

The limits imposed by browser vendors sometimes restrict the use of the software and the developers must spend time to find workarounds. Also the HTML5 standards are not applied in due time for all browsers so your games/apps might have issues sometimes on different browsers which is why cross platform testing is so important.

Angelica
Senior User Experience Designer in Dominikanische Republik
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

An Intuitive, Easy-to-Use Game Development Tool

Kommentare: Construct 3 is a great game development tool that offers a lot of features and flexibility. The tutorials and documentation make it easy to get started quickly, and the scripting engine and asset library are powerful and comprehensive. The only downside is that it can be a bit slow at times.

Construct 3 is a powerful, yet easy-to-use game development tool. It offers a wide range of features for game development and has a well-designed user interface. The tutorials and documentation make it easy for beginners to get up and running quickly. For more experienced developers, the powerful scripting engine and asset library offer a lot of flexibility.

Construct 3 can be a bit slow at times, and some of the tools can be difficult to use. Additionally, the asset library can be a little limited compared to other similar tools.

Alastair
Lead Developer in UK

A constantly improving game creation program, great for 2D projects

Kommentare: Construct 3 is a fantastic choice for building quick 2D games and prototypes - its documentation is vast and expansive and it is very easy to use. For shorter term 2D games and projects, I can thoroughly recommend Construct 3, with its ease of use, low price and helpful set of features.

Construct 3 is a vast improvement over its previous revision and is a fantastic, user-friendly choice for those making 2D games or 2D projects. There are several things in particular I like about this program. Firstly, its ease of use and low barrier to entry. Construct 3 is able to be used offline, as well as in a browser and allows its users to build 2D games and prototypes with relative ease thanks to its easy to understand user interface. In addition to this, its templates and documentation are abundant and very helpful - everything is clearly laid out and explained simply in the documentation manual, and its templates are a fantastic place to start, giving you everything you need to modify and work backwards, rather than starting from scratch, which could be helpful for a lot of users. I also like that it is relatively easy to export and deploy your Construct games to multiple platforms - PC, Android and iOS are covered and the process is easy, which is a lifesaver when working predominantly on mobile platforms. Also, games you make in Construct 3 are all controlled by visual scripting - a drag and drop node editor, which is a great bonus for those not experienced in programming. It is very easy and quick to set up behaviours using this method which designers will enjoy. Finally, I also like that it is extendable - you can write your own Javascript plugins and functions to enhance your game if you wish, though this may not be applicable for everybody.

As with any game creation software, Construct 3 does have a couple of drawbacks. While prior game development and programming knowledge will be helpful, Construct 3 is packed with features and thus, there is a learning curve that must be undertaken in order to realise its full potential. While templates and documentation do go a way to making this easier, there is still that learning curve. Also, it is worth noting that Construct 3 is geared towards 2D games and projects - anything 3D isn't going to be applicable and I would advise a different choice of game engine if going down this route.

Fernando
Desarrollador Full Stack in El Salvador
Einzelhandel, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

A Powerful, User-Friendly Game Creator

Kommentare: Construct 3 is an incredibly powerful and user-friendly game creation tool. It has a great drag and drop interface that makes creating games easy, even if you don't have any coding experience. It also has powerful features that can create complex and visually stunning games. The only downside is its cost, as the full features require a paid subscription.

Construct 3 is an incredibly powerful game creation tool that is also incredibly user-friendly. It has an intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn and use. Even if you have no coding experience, you can quickly create a game using Construct 3's drag and drop tools. With its powerful features, you can create complex and visually stunning games.

Major problem of Construct 3 is its cost. While the basic version is free, access to all the features requires a paid subscription. This can be a bit pricey for some users.

Stéphane
Dev in Kanada
Computerspiele, Selbstständig

The best decision I made!

Kommentare: I'm on my second game right now, working only part-time on it being a school teacher, and I wanted a game engine that was very visual, with a progressive learning curve into coding, but nothing that would require me to go back to university for 2 years to learn how to create a sprite, you know...? With the amazing support from the Construct team and the community, I find that Construct 3 provides me with all the tools I need to make my game come to life! The tutorials and blogs are a plenty and wonderfully easy to follow! It's also very enjoyable to use! I have fun working in Construct 3!

Without a doubt, my #1 reason for using Construct 3 is the incredible involvement of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team into support and development of the software. I've never seen a dev team so dedicated to making the software better, implementing new features, listening to their user community and providing almost instant support. We get regular updates with bug fixes, but also new features that are requested by the community. That's very impressive! The software is solid, flexible, and keeps getting better and better every week!

I wasn't too sure about the subscription model at first... However, I quickly changed my mind after seeing clearly that my yearly subscription was a worthwhile investment into the development of this amazing piece of software! In other words, it's money well-spent, for sure!

Abhishek
Leader in Indien
Staatsverwaltung, Selbstständig

Perfect for the speedlovers

Kommentare: It is very comfortable to make games with it. And the best thing which I am in love is that APK files are made in few clicks and that too online and hassle free

1.) You can make almost any 2d game in lesser time as compared to other game engines 2.) Very easy. Anyone can master the whole game engine in just 7 days. Otherwise for other game engines it will take same time just to memorise the UI of the game engine 3.) No need to install. Open the browser and start working on the game. That's all. And after initial loading ,it don't even require internet connection. Otherwise for other game engine the story is completely different 4.) No need to care about upgrades as whole thing is based on internet 5.) It is improving at very great speed 6.) Making installables is even more AWESOME. APK file is made in few clicks with no hassle !!! 7.) No need to care about file management. When the file is saved, everything is saved inside a single file. In this way one has to only care about single file as compared to managing other things like images,audio files,scripts and much more 8.) Script if you want. Now it even has option of scripting !!! 9.) Cheap and monthly payment option also available.

Is is meant only for 2d games. That's all

Angel
Game Developer in Mexiko
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Speed up your Game Development with almost no-coding

Kommentare: I would definitelly recommend Construct 3. When developing a game is always important to choose carefully your engine/technology. If you are a solo dev doing platformer, rpg's, shooter, metroid-vanias, this is the best engine for you.

I really liked Construct. I've been using it for almost 2 years and its best feature is speed for developing your projects. I can set up prototypes very fast, with almost no coding and put my game ideas to the test. In other engines it will take me over a day to only build some basic features like player physics. I've been able to create an RPG prototype in only 4 days with all of their built-in behaviors. The game engine is built over cordova and javascript to make it portable to several platforms, from Web and android, to Xbox and UWP. I've been using the engine for ludic games, educational games and mobile games and works really nice and helps me speed up my timeframe for each project, allowing me to focus on game design and art, instead of tech stuff.

The engine is in constant improvement, which may cause some bugs to slip in to your stable versions. The documentation of the SDK is not clear, it's hard to learn how to create custom plugins when you want to do more complex stuff. You still have to learn cordova, java, javascript and node to create really complete games with analytics and other features platform-native.

Titilayo
Machine Learning Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great User Experience with Room for Improvement

Kommentare: Construct 3 is an excellent tool for creating games and apps with ease. The user interface is intuitive and the drag-and-drop feature makes it easy to get started. However, more complex projects may require more features, which are not available in Construct 3.

Construct 3 has an intuitive user interface which makes it easy to create games and apps quickly and efficiently. The drag-and-drop feature makes it simple to add animations and sprites and the built-in editor makes debugging your projects a breeze.

Although the drag-and-drop feature makes creating projects simple, it does not provide much flexibility for more complex projects. Additionally, there is no direct support for 3D games and apps, which limits the range of projects that can be built.

Information Technology Analyst in Nigeria
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

My review on Construct 3

Kommentare: My experience using construct 3 is really great, me using this software i have developed and collaborate in the making of good web games, and it was efficiently built using construct 3.. which directly increased my productivity even has a solo game programmer at times.

Utilizing construct 3 for over a year now and this software as been very straight froward an easy to use. When i am constructing my own games, me adding things like levels and games internal features has been very easy. I even explained the process of using this software to some of my friends who doesn't have a prior knowledge into game development and they found it easy to get used to this software. This software is always receiving important updates and even some bugs found are usually repaired earlier on before even the user notice it. They even have a discord community for collecting feedbacks and live reports from the users.

Despite the low monthly fee of 6.69 dollars per month, these can still be difficult for some people to meet up with especially the students so i wish they should come up with a special discount pricing for anyone who is a student.