Canvas X Pro Erfahrungen

Über Canvas X Pro

The only technical illustration software you will need. With X Pro, visually communicate complex data with clarity and precision

Erfahre mehr über Canvas X Pro

The software provides a professional level of CAD design, and easy of use, that saves time at the conceptual design level, thus lowering costs for conceptual design services.

Bewertungen zu Canvas X Pro

Canvas X Pro hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 19 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Canvas X Pro bereits verwendet?

Joe
owner in USA
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Canvas X used in the foil stamping trade

Kommentare: We have used Canvas X to design our beautiful business cards and all of our forms. This year we used it to design an outstanding Christmas card.

We hot stamp foil onto paper and also do detailed embossing on cards and book covers and packages etc... Good and clean PDF files are required to produce the dies needed in our trade. Because we work with many printers we can not always control the graphic files we are sent for production. Canvas X has the ability to work with so many files types that in most cases we can open, alter and convert files to PDF format. Files with errors or glitches are usually easy to repair or alter with great precision.

The trace feature has been greatly improved over the years but could still be better. It is so useful when doing design work.

Mike
Fotografie, Selbstständig

After all these years . . .

Kommentare: I've never met a problem I can't solve, so, yes, it's a familiar old friend. But I'm very aware that Canvas has kept on progressing, and I need to catch up.

I've used Canvas since it came on floppy disks, and its best feature has always been its ability to work with raster and vector objects smoothly and comprehensively. Even many years later, Canvas remains relatively simple to learn and use, whether it's photographic collages, technical drawing, graphic design, or document publishing — or any mixture of the these. When I need to do something that I've never done before, I can search through the Help topics, and find out that Canvas X could do that all along, I just never discovered that particular feature -- and there's probably already a tool in the toolbar to do that exact task.

Its interface is a little old-fashioned, but that's not completely a bad thing. I'd very much like at least some 3-D or oblique features in the basic Canvas X, since I don't generally need the much more expensive full CAD capabilities.

Cardboard Engineer in UK
Verpackung und Container, Selbstständig

My Year with Canvas

Kommentare: I really want to like Canvas X, and I know they have broken away from their previous [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]and are trying to stand on their own, but I get the impression they are just bolting bits on to a very old Graphics program with no thought to usability. I want to carry on using it as it can do most of what I need in a Graphics program, but sadly I think when my next subscription is due I will go elsewhere.
I know there is no program that suits everybody, but this software really needs to move with the times.
Sorry Canvas.

I liked the ability to create vectors and bitmaps in the same program. The ability to import my CAD files with very few issues. The cost/performance is good compared with the other Graphics packages available (especially when there is an offer on).

The main issues I have are with the interface. There is no "export", only "save as", so you end up with warnings and "do you want to associate this file with the other file type". Why can't you just Export and then there is no confusion with file names or formats? You can only see one page at a time, so you are constantly clicking buttons to go from one page to another, rather than just scrolling from one to the other. The most annoying issue is with scroll wheel zooming when you have a selection highlighted. If you want to zoom in to a point you want to adjust, as soon as you scroll the mouse wheel, instead of zooming in to the point you want to alter, it zooms into the centre of your selection! This is totally impractical and makes adjusting shapes practically impossible. Lack of a proper multiple file interface is also frustrating; instead of having visible tabs of each file you have open, you need to go to the top menu drop down to access each file that is presently open. Lots of dialog boxes don't stay open when editing, so you have to keep reopening dialogs to perform the next edit. If you do a copy using right mouse button and ctrl, you can keep all the layers in your selection; if you use copy and paste everything is copied onto one layer, making editing difficult. The same is also true for groups; you can't ungroup back to your original layers. Finally I have an open support request, that after a bit of dialogue with one of the support staff has now gone cold.

Barry
President in Kanada
Umweltdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Still great!

Kommentare: My major benefits are three-fold: 1) I don’t have to re-train on new software; 2) I can open all my previously-created files easily, and 3) updates and new versions are always cost-competitive with the competition!

I have used this software since version 2.1 in 1990, and have always enjoyed it as a technical art and design program. Setup with new versions and updates is always easy. The sales team have always remained competitive, and have kept my business for 31 years!

Nothing. It integrates well with my other programs where I need to insert artwork, and I can save my work in just about every known format, especially useful when artwork is used for GIS mapping icons.

Thomas
CEO in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

My Goto Graphics Program

Kommentare: After using Canvas for more than 30 years, I still continue to recommend it for small businesses needing a graphics program that doesn't require a steep learning curve.

I have been using Canvas since Version 1 came out for the Mac. It has been my go to graphics program since that time. We use the software at least once a month for projects, which means that we need a graphics software that doesn't require a steep learning curve. What I like about the software is the ability to quickly produce and output graphics, including floorplans, without having to be an expert with the software. Canvas has the features I need for almost all of my graphic needs and if needed, I can quickly learn an advanced technique to add to my graphics. If you don't have a dedicated graphics artist or marketing team on staff, this is a great product with easy to use features for most of your needs.

The one part that I wish Canvas hadn't changed in a previous version was the output selection (landscape vs portrait). This selection was moved from the settings and I had to search to find it and make changes. All settings related to a document or project should be on or easily linked to one screen, not two.

Bill
Packaging Engineer in USA
Kunststoffe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Full Functionality & EASY to use

Kommentare: Full CAD use for all customized tooling. Export as AutoCAD works seamless as my CNC shop interprets files just fine. I have been using Canvas since the VERY FIRST introduction into the market & will not use any other CAD and graphics software. Like it so much that I also purchased for my home based Macintosh (Apple) computer.

Import & Export file format features. Excellent CAD (Drafting) capabilities, and ease of use... VERY intuitive!

Lack of ability to export to Adobe Illustrator. Earlier versions (Canvas 14 I believe) had this and it went away with Canvas 16.

Brad
owner in USA
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Interface

Kommentare: The interface has changed, but I still like Canvas X

I like the layers. Everything on one layer can be worked without interfering with other layers. I can move items from one layer to another (or copy) In other programs I use, every item is on it's own layer which makes it difficult to select multiple items.

In Canvas 16 there is a crop tool in the top right "tool" of the tool panel. It is not there in Canvas X. I "googled" and found crop under image>>area>>crop. It was not what I was looking for. When looking for example in Canvas X I find that the tool has moved to a different "tool" on the tool panel, fourth down on right. There should be a "if you have [version]" then in X find it... This might help folks coming from a Adobe product too.

Martin
Director in UK
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

My Favorite Graphics Editor

Kommentare: For me Canvas X is one, if not perhaps, the best general purpose editors available. I've used it in all it's different versions going back to the 1980s. It deserves to be much better known than it is. In many respects it outperforms equivalent Adobe products. Unless you need a very specialist application for: photo editing, graphical illustration, archtiectural or scientific drawing, then Canvas is the best all-round graphical editor around. I use it in business, IT and academic settings.

Integration of vector and bitmap editing. Combination of technical drawing and illustration features. Support for wide format of file types.

Nothing major. One minor frustration is the use of old file/browser design for File: Open and File: Save. I wish they'd use the modern Windows 10 format which is standard for most Windows 10 Apps now.

Tony
Technical Coordinator in Australien
Öl & Energie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Canvas for technical aids for people with disabilities

Very useful for making quick drawings and diagrams for helping volunteers with making special aids and devices

Some features which are only available for particular versions would be useful. For example being able to plot coordinate points directly for some applications. A simple geometric package for plotting would be useful.

Felipe
Operações in Brasilien
Vorstandsbüro, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Minha opinião sobre Canvas pro

Kommentare: Ele é excelente com muitas imagens para usarmos. O custo benefício é excelente, simples e fácil de usar.

Ótimo armazenamento com mais de 80 gigas, imagens com milhões de intens, fotos e vídeos e elementos fáceis de usar onde facilita muito no meu dia dia. Vários tipos de fontes diferenciadas e também upload onde temos muito mais opção de escolha e assim ajudando nos processos do meu trabalho.

Para mim ele está sendo de grande ajuda. É fácil de usar e com uma interface bem simples, podendo puxar e soltar. O que precisa melhorar é o auto sabe que as vezes não salva nosso trabalho de forma automática então temos sempre que ficar atentos.

Ihsiu
Assistant Professor in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Reviews

I have always liked the versatility of this software. It allows me to create illustrations for publication purposes easily.

There were some issues with different language support in the past but I believe the newer version has solved it

Devin
Project Manager in USA
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Perfect for shop drawings

Kommentare: In my profession, product manufacturers are often willing to create these shop drawings themselves, but for a hefty price - usually more than $1,000.00 for something I can do myself in a day with Canvas X. This program paid for itself on the first project, and has done much to boost profit since then.

I generally use this software to create shop drawings, required for construction projects. I created a standard template that fit my needs perfectly, and easily import images, apply measurements, labels, etc.

I've had no issues with the software - I'm sure there is plenty more I could do with it if I knew how, but I know enough to do what I need to do, and it's been a real time- and money-saver.

Marcos
Pistol and Rifle Instructor in
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

Always Improving but cant access old features that I use frequently

Kommentare: Overall, I wont use anything else. I think its the finest graphics software out there.

The ease of use. Much more user friendly than any other graphics package I have used.

When I upgraded to Canvas X, I lost the ability to access the metal gradients I use frequently for my illustrations. In fact, all the gradients from that tab are blank (2nd from left).

Amy
Sales director in USA
Kosmetik, Selbstständig

Canvas pro- great for the price

Kommentare: Great experience

Easy to navigate, very visibly appealing

Cost is a little high for what I need it for

Hualiang
Postdoc in USA
Forschung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Canvas-great tool to make figures for publications!

Kommentare: My experience with Canvas has been really good. It helps a lot to organize figures for publications.

I like most about the software is the resolution/quality of the figures.

It can be challenging to learn how to use the software from the beginning.

Randall
Project Manager/President in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

If it's not broken, why mess with it

Kommentare: Overall, I can't conceive of using any other package, but while change is unavoidable, some of the so called upgrades are making my life very miserable.

The company's effort to update this has lead to the incorporation of changes worse than the original, or that were not adequately 'beta' tested. For example the object 'attribute' tool has magically just disappeared from my installation, and can't be recovered. In some 20 years of using the software that type of error has never occured.

Ashwini
Senior Engineer in USA
Öl & Energie, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Canvas Software Pros and Cons

Kommentare: Overall it is a good software. However, work can be done on improving the documentation of the functionalities as it is difficult to navigate for a beginner. Also, a better youtube videos for beginners to navigate the functionalities will be really helpful

It provides me an easy method of measuring scientific pictures and adding things to them or modifying them. It is much easier than doing it on powerpoint (understood that it is not designed for all those things)

There seems to be a bug in the software which does not bring up the pallete sometimes when i connect my laptop to an external monitor. However when i disconnect, it does appear on my laptop screen.

Solution architect in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great vector application

Kommentare: I used it for years in the past, but as a new user I am not sure I would be as motivated

Love the full stack of features allowing for drawings, text, publishing etc

The features are a bit old. When compared to say affinity designer, the features are becoming out dated

Lisa
Authy in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Great for self-publishers!

User friendly to learn. Easy conversation to PDF for digital uploads for ebooks or POD publishing.

Not sure. I've not used another platform.