Denali Accounting Software

Denali Accounting Software Bewertungen

von Cougar Mountain Software

Very early in conversion process...

Finance Manager
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Once our actual conversion is complete, hopefully by the end of the calendar year, I believe our reporting to our funders will be much easier. We are hoping to do away with all or at least most of our supplemental Excel workbook processing and letting Denali Fund do its magic

Vorteile: The ability to track grant funds - multiple levels in accounts, reporting etc - 30,000 foot view or in the weeds! Our organization has federal grants, private grants, corporate sponsorships, etc., all with different reporting requirements and budgets. We also have 7 locations and Denali Fund is able to track by the funding sources and locations. We are very early in our use of the software - still converting in the middle of our fiscal year. I'm sure we will only be using a small percentage of the software's capability in the beginning but as our organization grows, we will appreciate all of the funtionality.

Nachteile: The conversion process is a bit tedious. We are going from Quickbooks Online to Denali fund and converting data is timely and a bit inefficient unless we could afford the additional support level that would be required for getting Quickbooks records into Denali.

Not as good as CMS Pro but heading in excellent direction

Bewertet am 2.6.2017
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: For the money, the features are excellent and I challenge you to find a better product in the price range. We have been using CMS since 1992. In fact, I still have one business doing in same revenue still using the DOS version. We also use Pro for some businesses and one business is now on Denali. The product is excellent. We didn't want to change from CMS PRO but had to. Denali is strong. Not yet better than PRO but most users won't know the difference. Bottom line: solid accounting foundation, well organized, more than capable for wholesale distributor. We are heavily customized which was not possible with Denali. Thankfully, they have partners that are very capable. I have always considered CMS one of the best business decisions I ever made.

Nachteile: Somewhat slower to use. Screens are not colored well so can be hard to use/ see what you're doing. I wish they would at least acknowledge the strengths of CMS Pro and work harder to identify and incorporate them into Denali. Oh, the new software programming doesn't allow you to easily move the data and run it from another location. That was a huge advantage when hard drives failed or we needed to move systems. It will be much harder now. These are not big issues but they are cons from my perspective. I'd still buy the product any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Denali Fund Accounting is accurate

Lezah S.
Business Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Denali Fund Accounting is very accurate. I rarely have a software issue. I have been using this product over 20 years. I have used other Fund accounting programs and have come back to Denali. It is straight forward and easy to use. It does not have tons of bells and whistles, but it is reliable and accurate. The program works. I use GL, AP, BR and Payroll modules. They integrate well together. You can have custom reports built for your specific use. I like their CD service for upgrades.

Vorteile: It is accurate. Easy to use. I trust the software . My reports are accurate.

Nachteile: Sometimes you cannot print in a module by using "Ctrl P

Fund accounting and Cougar Mtn. customer service

David G.
Director of Finances
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The thing that frustrates me the most about your program with the issues it does have is not the program. It is the customer service as it pertains to how you justify your billing me. Recently I had an issue with the payroll module and sent information in to be reviewed. This turned into a 2-hour phone call that cost me. The instructions in your help and field names is misleading. So misleading that the rep and I couldn't figure out what was going on during that 2-hour phone call. I finally figured it out and sent a follow-up email to you guys. What I got was a wasted two hours and a bill on my training hours. Not happy at all as well when it cost me to point out errors when your system has errors in it, like the new drill down report in the Audit Trail, and I get billed for it. Do not only do I get billed for something that wasn't even clear to Kevin. I get billed for pointing out calculation problems with your program. Why should I get billed for bringing things up that are incorrect in the way your program works or process errors that your staff can't point out? I am not happy with the end result of your customer service! Those who help me are great in the eagerness to help, but those who make the real customer service calls on the billing I am very disappointed in their decisions. So much so... I would warn any prospective client of yours to beware. You do not seem to be able to take ownership of your issues. You pass them on to your customers.

Vorteile: I like how it allocates. But I hate it that once in the system, the system treats every transaction in the allocation as a separate transaction instead of an allocation.

Nachteile: The accounting program has to be accurate and data usable. I have found problems in your program and was told it that it was not meant to be used as an auditing tool. My response is it should be accurate! It is an accounting program. On the data useful side, it is not as useful as your sales staff made it out to be for FUND accounting. To get our billing out last month I had to sort through 40 pages of transactions and do hand calculations to meet the requirements of our fund managers. I get to do that again this month. Makes me wonder how this is supposed to be a program that is for FUND accounting. Yes, your company is aware of my frustration here and the kind of reporting is needed.

Support is Wonderful

Bewertet am 11.12.2018
Mary P.
Staatsverwaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Reporting is always a big problem. With Denali FUND we are able to export into files that import easily into Excel and then we can produce reports that make sense for our municipality.

Vorteile: The support has been fantastic. From implementation to ongoing use, all we have to do is call for help. We almost always get an answer within an hour.

Nachteile: Payroll setup felt cumbersome but in the long run, the setup was worth it. We now get reports with each payroll that split taxes between departments.

Review of Denali

Georgina R.
Finance and Budget Director
Staatsverwaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Denali is a good software. The transition from another software to Denali was smooth. I believe the software could improve in few ways.
the first thing we noticed is that to back up our organization increased from 5 minutes to 20-25 minutes. My Staff backs up our organization twice a day. this process cuts our productivity by an hour each day.

Vorteile: it is easy to use.

Nachteile: the backup process is too long.

Very pleased with functions

Bewertet am 10.10.2019
Kermic p B.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: None

Vorteile: It fits any business - I have had over 25 installation - all different industries and Cougar works

Nachteile: Very few complaints
Accounts Receivable module should post in summary like it does in Bank Rec

Director of Finance

Bewertet am 16.12.2016
Cate E.
Director of Finance
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Initial set up training was problematic and the integration between MS Suite and Crystal Reports is lacking. Customer support is very responsive and I like the simple interface over a very functional system. Cloud-based upgrades very professional and speedy.

Vorteile: Simple interface with lots of functionality.

Nachteile: Not fully integrated with MS Suite

Pro vs. Denali

Mary F.
Controller
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been customers for about 15 years. The transition to Denali was very unacceptable. The Denali software was more of a beta version that was rolled out. The software had way too many glitches that needed to be "worked around" as opposed to resolved. Even though we are "comfortable" with using Denali, there are still new errors that take a while for the patches to be released on. Customer service has always been accommodating and the staff is great.

Nachteile: Not web-based. Only one person to do customized reports. Patches take too long to roll out.

Multi fiscal year woes

Monica R.
Executive Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Year-end closing capabilities for the multi-fiscal year set up is frustrating. Other fund software has a way to close the organizational year and have matching balances on the income statement and retained earnings revenue and expense reports. Why can't Denali?

Vorteile: Lots of features

Nachteile: Can't close out organization year without affecting fund calendars

Many features not right. My CPA hates the software.

Bewertet am 5.9.2017
Mark B.
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Anything that is wrong with the software, they make you feel it's your fault, or they designed it that way.
Customer service feels like it's run by a your worst nightmare of a Cable Company.

Vorteile: History. I love history for my customer's past purchase. Multi Level Pricing for inventory. 2 Must haves for my business.

Nachteile: Software is more suited for a simple Cash drawer.
Forget a mixed environment, card swipe and online terminals for Credit card processing. Even Cougar Mountain does not use integrated Card Processing themselves.
Credit Cards processed though Sales do not show in Bank Reconciliation, yet Card Payments in AR do show in Bank Reconciliation.
Ask why, Because you might not make the deposit from the Sale. Just a example of odd answers from Management.
Many things just don't work the way they should. Warnings that an invoice is not printed before posting also include any on hold order not printed. Ship To address files have crossed variables. A Ship To Company Name is NOT used anywhere but in the UI for entering. Contact name becomes the Ship to Company name. This was "designed" this way. eDelivery for Invoices/Statements still limited to 75 pages per run after software has been around for a year. Their solution, just select less than 75.
eDelivery Software then tosses out system level errors. Solution, Reboot your computer as Windows 10 Pro is at fault. Even a computer from Cougar, setup just for their software.

The staff are very helpful.

Bewertet am 7.6.2017
Wendy J.
business Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that it intrgrates with the other modules or that you can use each module individually. I am interested in how the payment process will work with our desk top in the sales module.

Nachteile: It is a bit more costly then our other software was I do not like that I cannot take a debit payment and have it integrate directly with Denali. We use Moneris and I do not know what we could use that would do that.

Denali Fund Cost Effective for Small Municipalities

Bewertet am 15.10.2018
Kim T.
Township Clerk
Staatsverwaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have used Cougar Mountain for many years and Denali FUND since its inception. Cougar Mountain is very open to feedback and suggested improvements. Their customer support is terrific!

Vorteile: We get full functionality for our small town government office at a cost we can afford.

Nachteile: Lack of regional training. Thankfully, it is very user friendly and the HELP features are effective.

Cougar Mountain Inventory

Bewertet am 16.12.2016
Amanda J.
Inventory Manager
Lagerung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The customer support system is wonderful; however, some of the features such as the copy inventory to multi-location feature have been giving me a real problem.. Especially when I'm adding new items into multiple locations.

Vorteile: Its easy to use.

Nachteile: I wish that I could pull inventory reports by date specific, also the copy new inventory gives me some trouble

Very User Friendly, Needs Almost No Training

Heather A.
Accounts Payable
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of use, multiple reports with different parameters, shortcut keys. Customer service is excellent. Reps are super friendly and take time to explain how-tos and/or how they are fixing problems.

Nachteile: I have found absolutely no cons for this software.

We learn something new everyday, their customer service is exceptional

Bewertet am 31.3.2016
Sandy H.
Bookkeeper
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen

Vorteile: The integration of all of the packages and the easy customization to your needs.
I like that you can get as much detail or as little detail as you require on your reports. The financial statements, trial balances, and audit trails work to assist you in finding any posting errors.

Nachteile: The payroll package. I do not like the payroll reports. I am used to easier payroll reports for my payroll taxes and I do not like that I have to use an outside Payroll company to be able to easily see what I owe. Yes I can figure it out but without the use of the outside Payroll company but with it, it is 1000 times faster. But for the extra cost of the outside company, I doubt my employer would even consider it. The customer service of Cougar Mountain is exceptional. No complaints here.

Denali Review

Bewertet am 9.12.2016
Angie W.
Fiscal Officer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Denali Fund Software is relatively easy to use. A good value for the money. Customer Service has always been helpful.

Vorteile: Most of the software is easy to use. Has some good report options. I like the ability to copy accounts and funds.

Nachteile: I do not like the posting process. I do not like that errors cannot be corrected after posting. I would like to see a better GL option. The GL audit report is hard to read - needs a better format.

Best value in accounting software I have ever seen.

Bewertet am 3.11.2015
David S.
Logistik & Lieferkette

Vorteile: It can be tailored to fit nearly any need. With CMS I can get the Custom Modifications I need for some of my special needs. Right out of the box it has so many customizable options you can not imagine what all it can do. If you can not fid a way, just call CMS. They can and will find a way to fit everything you need.

Nachteile: It is not a pop-the-top and pour software. It can be a little complex for the beginner. But with time and use you can usually make it perform however you need.

CMS - Denali

Natalie H.
Accountant
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The software has functions that protect the company from fraud. It is very detailed and the history is easy to look back.

Nachteile: The price of tech support for just asking a simple question.

Denali POS Review by Wine Rack

Bewertet am 23.1.2019
John J.
Owner/Sommelier
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Integration of POS Sales, INV & Account modules, along with stellar customer support.

Nachteile: Sales screen (Order Entry) could be easier to read with larger font, & less wasted white space.

Great for small to mid-size buisenes

Bewertet am 11.3.2018
Bob B.
Solution Consultant
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Modular based product that allows businesses to choose from the suite not forcing businesses to purchase modules that are not needed. The modular base allowed us to purchased what we needed when we were ready.

Nachteile: The interface is a bit out dated and could use some revamping. The functionality is great just could used an update to the UI.

Great Customer Service, efficent software program

Marie P.
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Customer service is always friendly and knowledgeable. Denali offers many options to add on based on your needs as a business.

Nachteile: Not a big fan of the general ledger function

Compliment

Bewertet am 26.11.2018
Deb R.
Fiscal Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Your support team is awesome, so knowledgeable and friendly.

Nachteile: I would like to be able to customize reports without having to purchase Crystal software, or any other software.

Great for the price, Mostly got it right...

Bewertet am 31.8.2016
Tom G.
Accountant
Philanthropie
3.5/5

Vorteile: From an audit standpoint, batch processing, locked transactions and audit trail, easy G/L, full module integration. From an ease of use, straight forward accounting product.

Nachteile: From an ease of use, graphics and click area make for some clunky functionality. Payroll reporting should provide more detail to make sure quarterly reports can be completed in case Aatrix is unavailable.

Denali Fund accounting

Wendy J.
Busniness Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been using Denali for two years. It has helped us to keep our records organized and up to date. !!

Vorteile: I really like the bank rec option.

Nachteile: I think the point of sale module could be more user-friendly.