Lightspeed Filter Erfahrungen

Über Lightspeed Filter

Cloud-based filter for every device with Smart Agent technology to protect your students and maintain CIPA compliance.

Erfahre mehr über Lightspeed Filter

Most of the pains we experienced earlier have been addressed in newer versions.

Bewertungen zu Lightspeed Filter

Lightspeed Filter hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 35 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Lightspeed Filter bereits verwendet?

Jared
System Administrator in USA

Love this Product

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: We use this for all of our devices, from iPads and Chromebooks for the students to staff workstations and it all works flawlessly.

The product is very straightforward to use, implementation was easy and quick. Their support is absolutely fantastic.

Everything that was a con has been fixed or the feature was added.

Jim
Technology Director in USA

Great product

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: We love it and just sign another contract for another three years

Love how well everything just works we tried the competitors and we’re not impressed

Already stated I just wish that there was a way in the email alert there was a little bit more information

Rick
IT in USA

Web Filter

Kommentare: State mandates to use a filter soo no other real choice available

Live alerts on web surfing activity for users

Sometimes the filter is TOO restricted and must add to a list to allow access

Director of IT in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Lightspeed

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall a positive experience. Every product in this space seems to have drawbacks but overall Lightspeed has been good.

For the most part works well as a K-12 web filter. There's a good amount of features. The integration with Google allowed us to import our students pretty easily. Deployment to Chromebooks was also pretty simple. Updating data is a little slow but this isn't unique to Lightspeed and works well enough. Pricing is pretty reasonable.

There are a few things I wish were implemented, like an easier way for staff to whitelist sites for students that they may need for class, without having to notify the administrators about it. The Smart Play feature is interesting but has too many false positives and false negatives (but it's a hard problem). I wish reports were a little more detailed, and could be exported or shared in more pretty formats.

Ryan
Technology Specialist in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Lightspeed Filter

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Overall, Lightspeed has been a great product for us. We utilized the Classroom option as well, great for monitoring the students when distance learning.

Product is very easy to use and deploy in a Google Chromebook environment. Great for seeing information and view history.

Adding parents to the parent portal could be much easier. The CSV is great in bulk, but would be handy for the ability to add a parent email within the user. Also the way it currently is causes you to keep a running CSV any time changes are needed.

Christine
Network Administrator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Happy with Lightspeed Filter!

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: The benefits are safe browsing for students and staff. I feel that the product blocks inappropriate websites and allows K-12 educational material providing a safe environment for students and educators to use the internet.

As an administrator I find it easy to use and very users friendly. I do find that many items need to be added the SSL exclusions list. I hope this gets resolved in the future.

My biggest gripe is the reporting. When I try to run a report for a user that is getting blocked from something it lags way behind and the customer is waiting too long to get a URL unblocked because I can't see the block occuring.

Terri
Director and Network Administrator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Tried many, settled on one geared to educational settings

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: We've gone from hardware on prem interface to the cloud (fortunately, just prior to the Pandemic of 2020) so due to their newly available redesign with a cloud option we were able to send every student home with a district provided and content filtered Chromebook on March 13, 2020. Student remained home until September 2020.

First off, Lightspeed is geared to education. They understand our needs.

Clean up with internal structural changes in OU's is a little tricky but workable.

Brock

Lightspeed in k12 enviroments

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Its a really great filter you can trust with some backend room to grow.

I like how easy it is to deploy to chrome devices for students and also the man-in-the-middle solution you offer for byod networks.

The reporting isnt great when trying to determine background sites blocking specific content on your webpages. The way you have to do rules between google enviroment and ad enviroments isnt intuitive.

Jeffrey
CTO in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

It Just Works!

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Excellent experience. Responsive to inquiries and needs.

Lightspeed deployment was straighforward and supported the cariety of devices on our network. The filter is reliable and performance is very good.

Admin interface can be a bit slow with larger searches/queries.

Joel

Game changer for schools

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

The learning curve is very minimal for this software and it makes keeping staff/students safe on the web much easier than the traditional systems. I love that it is specifically focused on school features and usage instead of being strictly technology focused.

Needs more robust connections with Azure AD.

Arnie
Director of Digital and Virtual Learning in USA
E-Learning, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Lightspeed for mid sized diverse user districts

Kommentare: Lightspeed allows easy integration with our digital catalog and gives most teachers user level control of their student's digital experience.

Lightspeed is easy to deploy across our medium sized network (15,000 devices). Training teachers and getting them up and running quickly made the product a solid choice for our 1000 teachers.

The end user experience for the teacher could be improved. Other products have features like desktop management that are cleaner and more visually useful for classroom teachers. Especially at the lower grades, I would expect a product with Lightspeed market share and reputation to have a more user friendly experience for the teacher. More grouping, drag and drop, visual cues would help elementary teachers want to use the product more. We find only our most comfortable users taking full advantage of the product. It should be accessible to all end users equally.

Manvel
Systems Administrator in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Lightspeed Relay Review

Kommentare: Relay has stood up well filtering our student Chromebooks when on-site and off-site. This was especially true during the 2020 pandemic that forced the closure of our schools.

The most useful features of Relay that I use every day are the reports that I have automatically sent to my inbox every morning. From them, I can quickly check for inappropriate content and re-assign the category if needed.

We had some difficulty initially with user name resolution with the complicated design we used. If simply deploying Relay "out-of-the-box" you should not run into the issues that we did.

Maria
Director of Technology in USA

Easy to use

Kommentare: Overall we are very happy with the product. Relay support team is very supportive.

Relay was pretty seamless to set up on our managed Chromebooks. The only small complication we had is that we are also running the Relay Rocket on campus, so on-campus filtering had to be tweaked a bit. Parents LOVE that their childrens' school-owned devices are being filtered while at home.

We really wanted to be able to use the DNS filter for BYOD on campus when we first implemented Relay, but it simply wasn't granular or customizable enough.I believe there is now a new feature in Relay Rocket that would allow us to do this.

Kevin
Technology Coordinator in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Lightspeed Is a Great Company

The support is exceptional for this company. It's chat based but they are extremely responsive and are able to assist remotely for quick fixes if issues arise. The product is easy to implement and robust in features. The granularity of reporting is just what we need to so we know the who, when, and what of our student internet access. I sleep easier knowing the lightspeed content filter is helping to protect our students.

There are many levels to this software and it can get quite complicated if you dive deep enough. Again, support is top notch so this is not really an issue.

Brad

Relay for Chromebooks

Kommentare: If you have chromebooks, then a product such as Relay is a must have. I literally do not know how we would manage our student's online activity without it.

The ease of pushing the Relay extension to our chromebooks has been the biggest benefit. Once we set up the configuration in our Google Admin our chromebooks automatically install the software and the students online activity can then be monitored and adjusted.

We created two buildings in the Relay system in order to customize settings based on grade level. However, the process of moving large numbers of students from one building to another is cumbersome.

Stacey
Network Specalist in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Website use

Kommentare: Most of the problems I deal with are allowing access to websites or blocking. Also, white listing sites to allow programs to function correctly. Resyncing employee and student accounts with GG4L.

I like the customer service in chat, they answer my question quickly, and if they can't they will escalate to the next level and that level response quickly.

On the site switching between the tiers of the hierarchy is a slow process. Also, it would be nice to be able to search for a blocked/allowed website, to find on what level in the hierarchy it was blocked/allowed.

Tammy
Network Admin in USA

Relay & Chromebooks

Kommentare: Relay improved so much that I implemented the software district wide. It works very well for us and allows me to easily manage sites for my users.

We went with Relay because we needed a software that could filter my Chromebooks, which it does very well!

With every new software title there is a learning curve. However, the tech support made the implementation as smooth as they could.

Thomas
Technology Coordinator in USA

Complete Package

Kommentare: Relay has allowed me to better protect my users and network from questionable content on the web.

Everything about this software is wonderful. Ease of use, data collection, reporting, etc. I have used several types of filtering software in my career and this is the best by far. Being able to drill down from a user or from a site is simplistic and insightful.

I have found no areas where I have had to call for support. No cons for this product from me.

Marty
Chief Technology Officer in USA

Lightspeed Relay

Lightspeed Relay is extremely easy to deploy and easy to manage. It provides great insight through the activity dashboard. Relay Classroom allows our teachers to easily manage their students and puts a lot of control in their hands.

The smart agent for Windows has caused us some trouble in the past. This has gotten somewhat better, but is nowhere as good as the Chrome extension.

Nigel
IT Manager in UK
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

It's a no brainer!

Kommentare: Lightspeed have been amazing and very proactive to introduce new features based on customer feedback. The product is very reliable and the flexibility of it being based in the cloud has enable a more proactive approach to keeping children safe online.

Relay has been an amazing transformation from a locked down, unreliable on premise system that has now enabled more proactive monitoring on top of the filtering.

There's nothing not to like about it, everything you need is there.

Sarah
Systems Analyst in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Management Product

Kommentare: Very good, used daily. Updated great and we really appreciated the new features that launched this year.

I enjoy the product integration options. We have multiple ways of getting our data into Lightspeed. I would appreciate a direct API, but our current system is just fine.

I do not like that as Admin I have to go through about 10 steps to help our teachers to view classroom rule settings when offering support.

Tavis
Director of Technology in USA

Great Filter and Excellent Student Safety Features

Kommentare: Overall, it is a very good product and works well in our K-12 environment.

The Safety Alerts for at risk searches and online behavior has been very helpful. It is nice that it integrates with the Google Administration Suite.

The navigation between different user groups for setting permissions and restrictions is slow and not very intuitive.

Mike

Best in Class!

Kommentare: Reduces overall web traffic by filtering the majority of non-business related and unwanted bandwidth hogs such as ads, social media, and casual streaming. Helps us concentrate our usage to the task at hand.

I love how the software continues to have features and security added with each update.

The only drawback is deployment of updated client app and/or extensions. Should automatically update when made available to all clients.

Robert
Tech in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great web filter for education

Kommentare: Made it very easy to segment web content coming to our users, to manage appropriateness of what's available.

Moving content among categories is relatively simple and quick.

Most of the pains we experienced earlier have been addressed in newer versions.

Mike
IT Technician in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Lightspeed filter is a good filter to use in education

Kommentare: Overall they are a good company to work with and they provide a good services.

There are many features that are helpful for filtering staff and students. Great hybrid implementation for both on site and off site users.

Some of the features are not user friendly.