Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT Erfahrungen

Über Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Fundraising-System, mit dem du mit deinen Mitgliedern kommunizieren und bessere Entscheidungen treffen kannst.

Erfahre mehr über Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

NXT is user-friendly and easy to use the basic features.

Emails sent out via NXT should be automatically added to constituent's record. Difficult setting up new users on the system.

Bewertungen zu Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

3,9
3,7

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 418 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT bereits verwendet?

Jeffery
Jeffery
Senior Program Officer in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Powerful CRM that will meet your needs!

This is a powerful CRM service/software. We've expanded our utilization over the years, but I still know there are areas we don't even scratch the surface of when it comes to compiling information on donors and potential donors. A few years ago we made the leap to RE:NXT, placing our data in the cloud -- it's wonderful to be able to access data from wherever I am, whether I need a phone number or address, or some data on donation history. I've been a Raiser's Edge user for 20+ years, and I have to say I can't imagine keeping track of our donors without it. From historical data to personal notations, you can keep so much info here (even uploading photos, documents, etc.). With RE:NXT we have integration between the CRM and our web site donation forms. They're easy to build and drop in to the coding for the site.

We've felt that there are a couple of things in the EVENTS module that we wish worked better for us/our organization, but that's a small hiccup when it comes to the functionality and quality of BB fundraising.

Emily
Manager of Stakeholder Relations in USA

Blackbaud

Kommentare: Overall, we like and dislike this product. We are learning to live with some of the quirks of it because the organizational tools for fundraising seem to be quite good for us.

What I like most about this product is that as a fundraiser, I have many tools that keep me organized and remind me to thank our donors.

My co-worker who uses this software for only adding donations has a very difficult time with it. She says it takes way too many steps to add donations. It is also frustrating that you have to create a new record for someone who has been memorialized by a gift. It seems odd to add someone into your record base that is deceased and there is a cap on the number of constituents you can have in the database without having to pay more. The reporting pages are confusing and difficult to understand how to set up a goal and see our progress toward it. There are many things like this that we come across that are frustrating to us.

Patty
Assoc. Director, Alumni Relations in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Strong product, but could do so much more.

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: NXT is a good tool for basic donor management and tracking. I would like to see NXT increase its abilities to manage memberships and donor giving societies.

RE NXT is a quick, web based way to look up the basics of a constituent.

In addition to making the details of a gift easier to access quickly, I would like to see more customization of the displays in NXT. For example - what each user needs to see in the search results or top display bar varies by position and function.

Leland
Director of Grants Development in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

No customer support - aggressive re-subscription

2,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: RE has a lot of capabilities that are not user-friendly with little-to-no support from them, and very aggressive sales endeavors. Essentially, we did not have good experience with them at all and glad we switched to a service that is user-friendly and very responsive. We were very surprised by their strong-arm tactics to re-subscribe, although they were unsuccessful, thanks to the Better Business Bureau, at which time RE could not produce any contract to which they had claimed we were bound.

A lot of functionality for large nonprofits, yet with little to no customer support.

Very aggressive sales endeavors and dare I say devious re-subscription processes. They tried to re-subscribe us at a very high price quoting a timeline when we could decide to not re-subscribe. We tried to unsubscribe, but they said we were bound by a contract. We had been using RE for more than a decade, with no consideration. They insisted we missed the timeline to unsubscribe and demanded a very expensive fee for the following period. Ultimately, we reported them to the Better Business Bureau and they could not produce a signed contract from our agency, or even a template from them. We had a back-and-forth with RE via the BBB, at which time they stopped contacting us realizing they had no basis for their demands.

sheila
Stewardship coordinator in USA
Hochschulbildung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Pricey add-ons make this a better product

Kommentare: although it has improved things, our office has old practices that prohibit the use of NXT full potential. for the price, i think there should be regular one on one sessions and training, not just readings and webinars. blackbaud is always trying to sell things to make the use of their products more efficient but we already spend a lot of money

ease of use on the road. organized into easy to see tiles. ability to upload things by dragging. ability to get lists easily

inability to create most custom lists. would like lists to be provided by fund. would like all contact information to be able to be shown for donors in one line with name, ID, phone, email and exclusions. need to make very complex queries to accomplish and extract data from the database view. not user friendly for regular office employee. expensive program that our office does not even know how to fully use. would like more individualized training and support to learn all the aspects of what we pay for. however we have a database manager that does this but acts as a gatekeeper.

Eric
Director of Advancement in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

RE NXT is the Best for Educational Nonprofits!

I use both database view and NXT. I like the powerful queries and reports.

Sometimes a query can be difficult to run based on what has been entered in the database.

Amy
Director of Special Events in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

NXT for anyone

Although I do not use NXT often due to my job requirements, I find much easier to use rather than the original Raiser's Edge platform. It is more modern looking and has easy to use WYSIWYG is simple and comprehensive. After not using the site for a while, I am able to pick up without much issue.

you cannot do all functionalities on NXT that you can do on Raiser's Edge. it can be somewhat limiting.

Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Kommentare: Overall my experience has been well and the system seems to be very user-friendly.

What I like most about the software is the ease of use.

What I like least about the software is that it can be slow to update when I enter changes or gifts.

Fundraising, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Tool with Great Potential

The ease of use of the webview for frontline fundraisers is one of the best things for our team.

Response to customer service requests can be spotty, at best.

Layne
Prospect Research Analyst in USA

Wonderful CRM option

Ease of access is great, very user friendly and visually appealing/easy to use

Some reporting and query functions are difficult to navigate

Alex
Database Coordinator in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Becoming a benefit to our organization

Kommentare: While we have had some hiccups converting our staff over, I think the product itself is wonderful and introduces features that we've wanted in the main database since we converted to Blackbaud products. For most, the features that it currently offers will suffice, and if they don't many of the missing features can be found in the main system. The development of new features has been going surprisingly quickly, and we expect that most of the problems we have had so far will go away as the product is updated.

The interface is a lot friendlier to the average user than the database view, making it easier to use for our employees that don't like working in databases as much. It also introduced certain features that were missing from the main database, which added some new tools to manage data and keep our information clean. The analytics is my favorite addition; while some dashboard tools exist in Raiser's Edge, in NXT they are fully thought out and allow for excellent reporting and visual depictions of our progress.

It's still an in-development product, so while this could be great for some organizations it's not at the point where it's great for all organizations. Despite the fact that it's user-friendly and many of our staff members prefer to use it, the lack of certain features from the main database make it hard for them to convert completely, and they feel that switching between the two views of the same system is a hassle. While it's understandable that the extra add-ons would take a back seat to the development of the main features, with our membership module missing it does make it hard for our organization to shift most of our staff over to it from the main database view. There are also some things that don't synchronize properly between the two systems yet, which sometimes makes database maintenance feel like we're checking in two different databases for information.

April
Director, Prospect Management and Research in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

The only game in town . . .

I believe Raiser's Edge allows you to track a lot of informaiton in its constituent-relationship database and I like that it has products which it speaks to easily, i.e. a financial product (Financial Edge) and an Internet option (NetCommunity.) I enjoy having the subscription that we have which allows us access to unlimited online and phone questions/issues and also unlimited online training. Very pricey, but worth it, because of the complexity of the system. Blackbaud makes a habit of buying out a lot of their competitors which makes them "the only game in town" in some aspects, but also allows them to take the best of their competitors products and incorporate them into Raiser's Edge, etc. I am most excited about their new product launching July 1, 2015 called RE NXT. This is a cloud based application which will be a great asset to any non-profit focused on major and principal gifts. The only caveat at this point is that non-profit has to have its RE environment hosted by Blackbaud in order to purchase this product.

The customer service leaves a lot to be desired. They often do not get back to us when we have issues with RE; they seem to focus most of their customer service toward "hosted" clients (and we are not hosted at the present time); we still have cases open with them and unresolved since November 2014 (and this is now April 2015); they do not exude the "customer is always right" attitude and they are a very expensive product. Also be careful with their pricing, different customers pay different costs for the same service/products. There also seems to be a lot of hidden costs when purchasing new products or modules from Blackbaud for the RE so make sure that you delve into that with your customer representative if you are looking to purchase anything from them.

Meir
Meir
Development Associate in USA
Quelle: GetApp

Good if you start with it, very difficult to transition into

Kommentare: Overall, since we transitioned from a very flexible database system, we eventually found that our data and needs for customization simply aren't supported by Raiser's Edge. Additionally, learning how to use the functions of Raiser's Edge if you don't already know can be very difficult, as customer support can be hard to get a hold of.

Records in Raiser's Edge are very stiff - as in very difficult to customize. This can be good if you are starting out in it, as you can set a standard of how to keep data, and it doesn't give employees the opportunity to create messy records. Adding information is simple and easy.

Many features of Raiser's edge can only be accessed in the Data base view, which is way less user friendly, and requires you to open a whole different software. For example, to you want to add a new kind of relationship? Need to go to Database view. Additionally, Records are so not customizable, that if you are moving data from a different system, you're data could easily look like a huge mess if you don't fit them exactly into Raiser's Edges categories.

Phyllis
Research Assistant in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Outstanding fundraising tool

Kommentare: Overall, Raiser's Edge is a helpful tool and provides the information which helps me do my job.

The ease of use which makes training co-workers much quicker and more easily understandable. The various modules make database management more effective (specifically EVENTS).

My biggest complaint with Blackbaud is customer service. Prior to the new procedures, I was able to call and speak to a human being and explain my issue. Currently, I can only get a CSR via CHAT, and that is only if someone is available at that time. Even during times where someone is supposed to be available, I frequently receive a message to try again later. When I CAN get a chat session, I find the CSRs are not as knowledgeable as they should be. I also find the CSRs have a hard time comprehending exactly what I'm asking and usually give up and find another way to get the information. In addition, while the standard reports typically give me the information I need, there are some that are sorely lacking and we are presently not in a position to create new ones (time and resources limitations) so we will piece together numerous reports.

Jennifer
Manager of Prospect Development in USA

It Keeps Getting Better

We are a higher ed institution and we have moved from Banner to Raiser's Edge to NXT. What we saw right away was that NXT is very intuitive and easy to use. Our frontline gift officers love that they can use it on their phones, computers, tablets, and laptops, and that it's just a website away. Pulling lists is a lot easier and more accessible than the database query and the built-in mapping feature is widely used. It is a very clean and easy interface, which has made it a clear winner with our frontline staff.

Some very basic components are missing, which can be very frustrating. For instance, you can view an list of your Opportunities (Proposals) and a list of your Portfolio assignments, but not a list of them together. You also can't filter lists by looking for missing values (e.g., Prospect Status is blank), which creates some headaches. You very much have to adapt your processes to the database, rather than adapting the database to your processes. That can create some serious headaches during conversion, but overall it will save time.

Meghan
Manager of Auxiliaries + Events in USA

A huge step forward from RE7

RENXT is a wonderful leap forward for those that are currently using RE7. First off, it is online, so you can login anywhere and on any device, which for me makes it far more useful to fundraisers. Ultimately, I am a big fan and I think it makes your fundraisers spend more time reaching out to key donors, rather than working on back end tracking and database work. Also, what I appreciate the most is that I do not have to hire people who have RE experience anymore, because it is so easy for them to immediately start working out of NXT. It opens up the candidate pool!

This is a general blackbaud critique, but their customer service is not always the best. They can be difficult to get in touch with and you sometimes have to wait for a while to get a question answered or problem fixed. I will say, we have not had any issues with NXT in particular, where we needed to call them though.

Adrienne
Manager, Membership in Kanada
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Might be great for fundraising, not for membership - do research if you are looking for memberships

Logging in is simple - you can do it from a browser. With NXT, there are unlimited licenses so you can have virtually "unlimited" logins. The OLX emails are more reliable than the old NetCommunity. Has decent analytics and reporting (for donations only).

The NXT web view has a nice layout but is completely useless for membership. In order to do data entry, you still need to use database view. NXT is very expensive and not worth it just for a fancy view. There were lots of features that we had been promised and we were also told that things were being updated constantly and that we should see more functionality coming very quickly. This has not been the case. Training is expensive and knowledgebase articles can be outdated. Anyone seeking a membership management software or association management should research all options before moving to RE.

Glenda
Administrative Assistant in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

No Longer the Go To Software

Kommentare: Horrible. I wouldn't reccomend this company to anyone. Save your money, do your research and go with another vendor.

I enjoyed the upgrades from the old school dinasaur program that was available until NXT. The features were comparable to other software on the market.

THE PRICE!! They were very proud of their product and ultimately did not try to keep our business. They offered their product to us for $30,000 a year for a database with less than 10,000 constituents. I believe they have since lowered their price, but their security breach has had a huge impact on many of our fellow nonprofits. Their customer service is some of the worst I have ever endured and you will have 5+ people contact about the same issue. You're lucky if you get a respose, so I mostly didn't even ask a question.

Kelly
Associate Director of Advancement Communication & Information Services in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great product for our fundraising team!

Kommentare: This is a great product for those who have teams where technology may not be a strong suit or entering into the full RE database is challenging. Our team is on the road often and they are able to quickly add contact reports and get simple constituent profiles on the go. As a database manager, NXT is not sophisticated enough for me to use solely, but I do utilize it occasionally so I am up to speed on the functionality.

Ease of use, integration with The Raiser's Edge database, easy to access via mobile devices, has a pleasant look and feel to the application. Overall, an excellent product!

Attachments do not integrate with RE when loaded through NXT, and there is no way to pull a report or query of attachments made in NXT. A little more integration development so the two systems can talk to one another is probably needed.

Kevin
Director of Advancement in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Company has gone downhill the last four years

Kommentare: Look forward to being done with them as soon as our current contract that renewed for three years against our wishes. Be sure to read the fine print in every document you receive from this dishonest vendor. They are all about revenue and it's the only purpose at every level of their dishonest and money grabbing company.

The pros of their software are outweighed by there incompetent and dishonest staff. This is true all the way from the sales level, customer service, billing and deceitful renewal tactics. This company used to be the best in the business but got too big and stopped caring about their customer and focuses only on their bottom line. Once you commit to a contract it's a miserable process after that. Guarantee.

Waileia
Database Manager in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great for Front Line Fundraisers

Kommentare: We have excelled using RE NXT. Our previous systems crippled our users, creativity, effectiveness, etc....RE NXT Has allowed us to create programs for our donors that we were unable to do previously.

Ease of use, layout, look...Blackbaud did a great job thinking of the front line fundraisers' busy schedule. It is great to use on the go or in the office.

Not all functionality in the database view hasn't been implemented yet it in the webview. For my position, the webview isn't quite ready. However, due to the limitations, pulling certain lists and other functionalities within actions - it can be hard to train users (you think the functionality is there, but it hasn't been implemented yet).

Kathleen
Director of Development in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Glossy veneer on an overage frankenstein whose glory days long gone

Let's face it, the base model is the industry standard with all the bells and whistles you'll need. Here's what Raisers Edge does well: Exports, Queries, complex reports, and storing gift data just the way I like it (as the head of fundraising) and just the way my CFO likes it (who knew we could agree!).

Problems are the price, the cobbled-together addons essential for modern fundraising, and service. Here is where RE has gone wrong: they offer addons that don't work well with the base model of RE and the sales people and customer service people will not admit that they weren't intended to work well. It's obviously clunky programming!

Sharon
Associate for Donor Relations in USA
Hochschulbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great Resource for Non-Profits

Kommentare: Again, it's made it much easier for or satellite folks and fundraisers to coordinate with us. I look forward to using it 100% of the time when it's finally ready. I am looking forward to the mobility of being completely online.

It has made coordinating with our satellite staff and fundraisers much easier. I like that it's interface is easy enough for everyone from novice to pro.

I really would like for the gift entry in NXT to be more robust. I see how having everything in one place would be beneficial, but, there's some things that we do in the database view that we simply cannot do in NXT yet.

Haley
Membership and Operations Manager in USA
Rundfunkmedien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Ok if you're a large non-profit

Kommentare: If you're reading software reviews trying to figure out what donor management software you need -- you probably don't need Raiser's Edge.

Really powerful donor management software for large organizations or organizations that want lots of customization and add-ons such as wealth screening.

For a small non-profit, it is overkill. It's expensive and we didn't need much of what it offered. When we did need something that was different than their base offering, it would have been cost prohibitive for them to implement it for us. Their support isn't great, long waits and not super nice staff.

Daniel
Assistant Director of Advancement Services in USA
, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

A database for frontliners

For years our front line fundraisers were complaining about not having easy access to information on the road, but with NXT they are now able to login with their existing Google credentials and are off. As the database manager, there is no more looking up a prospect's address or phone number or resetting forgotten passwords. The work center also puts answers about a gift officer's portfolio right in front of them.

Not all of the information from classic RE has been transferred over to NXT yet and some of the cool features (time in stage, consecutive years given) are not exportable. Additionally, there is not the level of customization many organizations need to report on areas like giving.