Über Dayforce Powerpay

Powerpay von Ceridian ist eine in Kanada erhältliche Softwarelösung, die es kleinen Unternehmen ermöglicht, die Gehaltsabrechnung und Sozialleistungen von Mitarbeitenden zu verwalten.

Erfahre mehr über Dayforce Powerpay

Implementation was outstanding. I have hourly employees so entering the hours worked is quick and my time to process payroll is fast with rapid entry.

Needed to work around only one type of sick time drawing from the accumulator, can't print out employee's transactions for the year without going into every pay period separately.

Bewertungen zu Dayforce Powerpay

Dayforce Powerpay hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 260 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Dayforce Powerpay bereits verwendet?

Melanie

Richard
Richard
President in Kanada
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy-to-use with top-notch customer service

Kommentare: It's easy to pay each period and to handle year-end.

It is really easy to set up and use. The customer service is top-notch. Every time you log out, Ceridian asks how your service was. If you raise any issue, they give you a call. This is the level of customer service my company offers. I expect it of others, but rarely find it.

Downloading a journal file to Quickbooks should be included with all levels of service.

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Richard - Thank you very much for your feedback, we're delighted to hear that you find our support team so helpful!

Robin
Director Compensation, HR in Kanada
Telekommunikation, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Ceridian *Thank goodness your Back!*

Kommentare: Overall experience, is amazing. Like I mentioned my boss decided to try ADP and the comparison is absolutely night and day. From the implementation to the after service. After 6 months I couldn't deal with all the issues with ADP so we decided to go back to Ceridian because of the simplicity, the peace of mind and the support we had in the past.

We had been with Ceridian for years and decided to change to ADP- What a mistake. Now we're back with Ceridian and Thank goodness! This software is simple and easy every step of the way. Firstly, the set-up of the software is effortless, your team lead walks you through the process and any issues they get it fixed in a very timely manner. Next, the on boarding simple! A one page form with all the necessary info to fill out. Next the rapid entry form for easy entry of commissions, bonuses, hours, stat hours- is a time saver. Plus everything is easy linked to the time sheets and the employee profiles! I seriously cannot complain amount this product. I cannot forget to mention the after service and support- A1. Anytime you call with an issue or problem, there is a payroll specialist that knows what to do to fix it! No waiting, no emails back and forth, just 1 call and everything is resolved. In the event that you do need to have a case created- 24 to 48 hours later everything is fixed and resolved.

I did not like the People tab option- I found it redundant and useless- I had it removed because it's just some much quicker in the regular (non-people) version. But besides that I'm super happy with the product.

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Robin - Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. We're delighted to hear that you are back to using Powerpay and that you find it so easy to use! We're also so happy that you are satisfied with our customer support team!

CORRINE
Accounting Technician, Payroll in Kanada
Öl & Energie, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use product, but very limited analytics, and support is hit-and-miss.

Kommentare: This was a good system when our company was smaller and less reporting was needed. Our growth has fuelled the need for more robust reporting, which this system cannot accommodate as time entry by day is not supported. Customer support has been very frustrating at times; I have had support staff tell me that I need to be referred to the Projects Team and will be incurring extra charges for, for things that other support staff can do on demand at no extra cost. I have also had some support staff recommend "fixes" for payroll issues that did not take into consideration the impact that their solution would have on the Record of Employment. I don't have my PCP designation, but I am very mindful of what I'm doing and was able to understand the ripple effect of some of the support advice I was given and therefore request a different solution from the Ceridian support staff. I think this may be a problem for an inexperienced payroll administrator, as they might not fully understand some of the advice being given and question how it may impact other components of the payroll function.

I was provided almost no training by my employer on how to use the software, but I adapted easily because the system is fairly intuitive.

Reporting is VERY LIMITED. We run payroll bi-weekly, and need the ability to report on specific date ranges that do not necessarily align with our pay cycles. Unable to make note of "effective date" for things such as pay increases. Customer support is very hit-and-miss.

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Corrine - Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. Your insight helps us to improve and to continue to innovate. We will definitely share your thoughts around reporting capabilities with our product team.

Sabrina
Co-Owner in Kanada
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Convenient tool for payroll

Kommentare: Very good. Customer support is fantastic and they take care of all remittances.

I like how easy it was to get payroll setup for a person who didn't have any payroll experience. The customer support is excellent and you spend very little time on hold when calling to speak with someone. It's easy to navigate once you get setup.

I didn't like how on setup I was not provided substantial enough training to know that certain codes needed to be setup on initial migration. Subsequent support calls to make changes costs extra.

Sunny
Owner in Kanada
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Powerpay web

Kommentare: Love it, the people at the 1-800 number are always a pleasure to deal with. I love the critical follow up from the various departments such as the Trust department and the Department in charge of shipping out payroll packages. There has been times where we are in a bind and it feels like all hands are on deck to find a solution even if its 5PM on a Friday.

I love that its easy to use and if I am stuck I can call the 1-800 number and someone friendly and knowledgeable in North America is there to help. Unlike ADP where your call gets directed to Malaysia or some other place. Just ahead up, if you outsource to save costs we will be leaving... just saying...

I dont like that if a employee is terminated and you need to look them up later in another calendar year that there is no support for this or a way you can access this data. This is my biggest frustration with powerpay. I want powerpay to save my records data, not me.

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Sunny - Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! We're delighted to hear that you've had great experiences with our customer support team, they are amazing!

Samantha
Director of Finance in Kanada
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

An honest review from a Powerpay lover who has some improvement recommendations for the software.

Kommentare: -I would consider QBO's payroll functionalities one of your greatest competitors for small businesses. The reason I haven't switched to QBO's system is because you definitely have a price advantage over them. That said, their payroll tracking and time management system does make it tempting. If you could implement a time tracking app like they have which exports the employee's time right to the rapid entry page on Ceridian, I would be expect this to be a large value add for powerpay. I would also consider paying extra for this feature.

I love the simplicity. I can process payroll, remittances, T4s, stubs, etc. for 13 employees in a couple hours per month. It is quick and efficient, and the reporting is great. I love the customer service, it is UNREAL. Anytime I have an issue I can expect it to be resolved within a 15 minute phone call. Powerpay is amazing at what it does well - process. payroll.

-I dislike the benefits tracking system. I wish there were a better way to track sick days and banked days. Both of these systems are clunky, and it is absolutely integral to our business, and others, that we're able to track these better. Currently, unfortunately, we have to keep track of everything on a spreadsheet which can cause some room for error or questionable practices. I wish everything was easily trackable on Powerpay so that we could ensure accuracy. I did have someone from tech support create a loop hole for me to track banked time, but it still could be better set up. I also think that an easier way to override salaries would be amazing. Right now, if I want to grant vacation pay to a salaried employee I need to calculate their regular pay, override the salary, add the vacation pay, and confirm that it all balances. If there was a way to simplify this, it would create processing efficiency. I would rate these improvements as a high level of urgency. -Further, powerpay could benefit from a bit of an ease-of-use clean up. Once you use the software for a few months, and learn how to navigate, it's alright. BUT there certainly is a bit of a learning curve which made me dislike the software at first. Although, I have used much worse and more complicated processing software in the past. So I would rate this on a low level of urgency. -Continued in next section

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Samantha - Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! We will absolutely share your comments with our product team. The insight that you are able to provide will help us to continue to innovate!

LAUR
PROJECT MANAGEMENT, HR AND MARKETING in USA
Forschung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

EASY TO USE SOFTWARE WITH ROBUST CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Kommentare: We have had a positive experience with Powerpay. The system and the customer support has and continues to exceed our expectations. Anyone who is new to payroll should not hesitate to use Powerpay. The software can be learned quickly. The software's ease of use coupled with the robust customer support will make for a successful outcome.

The software is intuitive and easy to use.

I have not found any drawbacks to the software.

Allison
CFO/ COO in Kanada
Konsumgüter, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Easy to Use!

Kommentare: Great, love all Ceridian products!

It's easy to use and setup is a breeze. I have implemented Ceridian (PowerPay and Dayforce) at 3 different companies ranging in size (10- 300+ employees). The software is easy to use and get started quickly.

Frustrating that you can't access employee records without opening a pay period.

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Allison - Thank you so much for your feedback! We actually now have the functionality to access employee records outside of a pay period, we'd love to walk you through that!

KIMBERLEY
Controller in Kanada
Öl & Energie, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Take the easy out of Payroll

Kommentare: Confident that our taxes are being calculated probably and submitted on time to CRA. Employees pay stubs are clear to read and deductions are handled probably

Easy integration from start to finish for a new company. I also had the experience of changing products and the integration and transition was easy. Clean templates. Easy to find what you are looking for. Easy to use the applications and great resources to use withi the application

Would like the ability to look at employees without having to open a pay period

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Kimberley - Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you find our solution helpful when it comes to processing your payroll! We now have functionality to allow you to view employees outside of a pay period and we'd love to walk you through that! Thank you again for leaving a review!

Kate
Business and Financial Manager in Kanada
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I'm a big fan of Powerpay

Kommentare: Powerpay is ideal for managing all the HR/payroll needs. I don't have to worry about reconciling payroll accounts and T4 summaries at the end of the year, or racking my brain to complete ROEs. It is all taken care of for me. It's a load off my mind and a huge time-saver for me.

I love how easy it is to use and, if I have a problem, the support staff are terrific. It is very well priced as well. It is a manageable option for small businesses.

I would like to see little helpful tips come up when you hover over a heading or title. It would be nice to have small instructions or explanations in areas that will save me having to call in with a small/minor question.

Bryce
Hospital Director in Kanada
Tierarzt, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Overall positive experiences

Kommentare: Overall positive and very user friendly

The customer support is top notch, and it is cost effective

Could have more useable report. Things as simple as staff lists, employee birthday report for celebrating specials events, Years of service for celebrations, ect.

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Bryce - thank you so much for the feedback. We're glad that you've had positive experiences with Powerpay and our customer support team.

JERRY
Mgr of Finance in Kanada
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Kommentare: We are smaller type Mental Health agency, so we do not have an HR function. When I have a HR or payroll issue I need guidance with, 99 times out of 100 when I have called Ceridian I have received concise information to apply and complete the transaction. The PowerPay team is very patient and knowledgeable to guide you on tax interpretations on areas I do not have full knowledge.
In particular I have found the guidance on termination/severance /ROE to be invaluable to me.

Generally I find the Power Pay application is well laid out and easy to understand. I have used the PowerPay software for + 12 years, and the most recent update or change was easy to follow and understand. If an error has occurred with your work on a tab you are always warned that the page contains an error and that you cannot proceed until the error has been corrected. The software is truly customer oriented and the sequence of order of applications is easy to follow.

I do find the internal HR reports are very general in nature and have seldom used them to assist with employee lists.

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Jerry - Thank you for the feedback! We're so happy that you've been able to lean on our world class customer service team to help you through any challenges you might have. Thank you for your business and loyalty over the last 12+ years!

Adele
Manager - Administrative & Branch Services in Kanada
Bibliotheken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

PowerPay makes payroll easy!

Kommentare: Amazing transition (very easy) from InSync Blue, an amazingly intuitive and easy to use product. And it is supported with the excellent customer service that I have grown to know and love from Ceridian.

PowerPay is an extremely intuitive and easy to use platform for those of whom payroll is not a full-time job. It takes care of most (if not all) of the legislative updates and guides you through on-boarding and off-boarding staff. Linked to Ceridian's DayForce, timesheets are automatically loaded and I rarely spend more than 30 minutes every second week doing payroll.

I can't name anything that I dislike about the software. Oh, it doesn't calculate anniversary dates - I can report on when folks were hired, but it doesn't say how many years they have been on board. I get that from DayForce, though.

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Adele - Thank you so much for your review of Powerpay. We sincerely appreciate the positive words and your feedback around our anniversary date reporting! We are very happy to be of assistance to you when it comes to your payroll! Thank you again and please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions!

Nicole
Bookkeeper in Kanada
Öl & Energie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great support and product

Kommentare: Overall this is a very good program. It is inexpensive and reliable. The support team is great. I am especially happy at this time of year (not having to do T4's). Did I mention that the support team is extremely helpful?

The support team is amazing. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. For the most part, once you get used to the program it is reasonably straight forward to use. It does ROE's and T4s which is fantastic! I like the ability to have the benefit deduction to come off only the first pay run and having the permanent values. I have been able to do some customizing to make the reporting better for my needs.

You can't do anything until you have a pay run open. I would really really like to be able to set up employees, and look at and edit (e.g. rates, benefits, direct deposit) without having to open a pay run. That is the biggest flaw of the program. The ROE portion is also problematic. When you do something wrong it just tells you it didn't generate the ROE but doesn't give you a reason why. Additional guidance and error reporting would be good.

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Nicole - Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, we greatly appreciate it! We actually now have the functionality to be able to edit or adjust employee data without having to open a pay period. We would love to walk you through that!

Grae
Forschung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Ceridian Powerpay is Excellent for Small Business

Kommentare: Payroll now takes less time and is much easier to do. Staff like that they can go online and pick up their own paystubs. I know that if I have any questions, Ceridian staff will help me and will give me pointers as to what to do should I experience the same issue another time. They are very service-oriented and in today's world, good service is a rare commodity. Ceridian also offers a number of webinars that have been extremely beneficial.

We switched from another payroll company a year ago and have been extremely happy with Powerpay. I have control over inputting the payroll information and there are several built-in checks to make sure that no mistakes have been made. When in doubt, I know that I can call Ceridian to find out what to do. Everyone I have spoken with has been very knowledgeable and helpful. The payroll reports are clear and easy to read and use. From beginning to end, Ceridian's Powerpay takes the stress out of payroll.

The onboarding process did have a few, very minor issues but we were able to resolve those very quickly and easily.

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Grae - We appreciate the detailed feedback and are so happy to hear that Powerpay takes the stress out of your payroll processes! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Human Resources Manager in Kanada
Möbel, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Powerpay Review

integrated ROE production payroll preview

Reports not always easy access or set up

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Michael - Thank you for your feedback! We greatly appreciate it!!

Lina
Director of Finance and Administration in Kanada
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent product available in the market with an amazing customer service

Kommentare: It's easy to use software. Most of all, using this software comes with excellent customer services - always available to talk to someone with very little wait-time. Customer service agents are well educated and informed of current changes with payroll.

This software is user friendly and well mapped out hence easy to navigate the site. Any updates including the Government updates are available hence I can always make sure that I am dealing with the most up-to-date information. This software comes with an excellent customer service, available on the phone during the office hours. I have not yet had a 'hung' calls nor getting an agent who could not guide me.

There are very little to none negative opinions on this software. I have not had any negative experiences with this software as of now.

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Lina - Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. We're pleased to hear that our customer support team has proven helpful for you.

Kayla
Business Operations Manager in Kanada
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Does its job

Powerpay was our first payroll system and makes the payroll process straightforward and easy.

The system takes some getting used to and is not the most intuitive. For a small organization like ourselves a system like Wagepoint might be easier to use and have the same features.

Anna
HR Generalist in Kanada
Umweltdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

My review on PowerPay

Kommentare: I find that anytime I have question or require assistance, I am able to call and talk to a customer service advisor in a timely manner. All customer service advisors that I have spoken to have all been very helpful and knowledgable and provided excellent guidance and advise.

I like the fact that employees can obtain their paystubs and T4's online. I find that once an individual has used it often enough it is user friendly.

I don't like the fact that I do not have access to the employees' paystubs unless I go into the system as the user. It would be nice to be able to pull an employee's paystub to review if the need arises. I also think it would be good to be able to make changes to the employee's profile (ie address change) without having to open a payrun to do so.

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Anna - Thank you so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it! We now have functionality that allows you to access employee records without entering a pay period. We would be happy to walk you through this! It is great to hear that you are happy with the support you have received so far! Thank you!

JoAnne
VP Finance in Kanada
Öl & Energie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Payroll made easy

Kommentare: This has allowed my department to run efficiently. Powerpay is like a payroll person in my pocket.

I love the ease of using this program. The screens are user friendly and everything is made as simple as possible. I would be lost without the calendar reminders for processing deadlines. These have made my life much less stressful.

The only thing I would change is the ability to have more than one pay period open at a time. I understand why this is not allowed but in the case of a small company with infrequent changes, it would be helpful to work ahead sometimes.

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi JoAnne - Thank you so much for your feedback! It's great to hear that you find Powerpay easy to use and that it takes some of the stress out of your life!

Jenna
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Review of Powerpay

Kommentare: I am extremely satisfied with powerpay. In addition to the easy to use software I have called the customer help line many times. I have received exceptional service and advice and am always greeted with knowledge and kindness. I will recommend to others.

The powerpay portal is extremely easy to use. The layout is well done and makes it easy to learn and understand. It is also a program that is quick and efficient.

The only complaint I have about the software is that you’re not able to access a lot of information without having a run open. I would prefer to be able to have that information on the side bar to access quickly. Sometimes I can’t access that information when our payroll is being processed. Other than that I have no issues with the software.

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Jenna - Thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that you are satisfied with Powerpay and our customer support team! We now have the ability to access employee info without having to be in a pay period, we'd love to walk you through that! Thanks again!

Laura
Forschung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

PowerPay

Kommentare: Easy roll out and excellent customer service.

Roll out of the software is straight forward. The setup team gave me the tools to enter and roll out the payroll seamlessly. No issues.

No issues or complaints. No suggestions.

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Laura - thank you for your feedback, we're glad the roll out of Powerpay at your company went well.

Mary
Human Resources Manager in Kanada
Umweltdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Saves Manual Payroll Manipulation

Kommentare: I really appreciate the ability to get help on all payroll-related questions from a real, live person!!

The ability to automate payroll processes and make any required changes easily. The response to current government programs including information and built in customization, such as the new T4 earnings reporting this year-end: earnings for each CERB pay period are automatically generated for each employee. I also appreciate the year-end training provided each year, which covers legislative changes and general "how tos".

I honestly don't feel there are any features lacking that I would look for or have needed.

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Mary - We are glad to hear that Powerpay makes processing payroll easier for you! Thank you for providing your feedback.

Catharine
Payroll administrator in Kanada
E-Learning, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great support

Kommentare: Very reliable

I like the personalize customer service support that comes with it.

Not really any major cons it was a little pricier but overall worth the cost.

Antwort von Dayforce

Hi Catharine - Thank you very much for your feedback! We're glad you find our customer support team helpful!

James
Business Systems Analyst in Kanada
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

High quality product with excellent customer service!

Kommentare: We have solved almost all of the manual process with payroll. We do verify the hours and enter in some additional earnings codes but otherwise the rest is automatic - even the accounting entries generate automatically for us to import in to our accounting software!

The ability to have all transactions automated! I do not need to manual transfer payroll funds, tax remittances, or pension contributions. Powerpay automatically does this for me so all I need to worry about is entering in the data!

I've asked for this feature before but with pensions that have split contributions based on YMPE there needs to be a way for the system to know an employee has hit YMPE to adjust their contribution percentage accordingly.