Über SmartRec

SmartRec™ by Amilia is the smartest and easiest way to offer, manage, and sell activities. Engage communities online effortlessly.

Erfahre mehr über SmartRec

It is easy to use on the admin end. I like that it tracks online traffic to your site and that it works with Constant Contact.

Bewertungen zu SmartRec

3,9

SmartRec hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 114 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du SmartRec bereits verwendet?

Zoé F.
Zoé F.
Recreation and Tourism Coordinator in Kanada
Sport, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Amilia, a good and user-friendly software for every employee

Kommentare: With Amilia, we no longer have double bookings and we are offering a better customer service. Client can easily register online and manage their activities. Our staff can easily manage rentals and contract.

Amilia is a user-friendly for company who has a lot of employees using the software. It is easy to understand, easy to learn and easy to find your way around. New employees don't need a big training, steps are pretty obvious once you know the basics of the software. The best thing about Amilia is their after-sale service. They are always contacting you to make you confortable to call if you have any question. They are listening to your concern and trying the best they could to add the features you asked for. They are always doing follow-ups with their client.

It's hard to speak to someone when you call the technical support, you can wait a lot over the phone and finish on a voicemail. If you need immediate assistance, it's hard to get in touch with someone. It seems employee of Amilia working at the technical support are new. I had to chat with them often for technical problems, and rarely they can solve my problem. They are only opening a technical ticket and getting back to me weeks after. Most of the time, I finished by solving my problem alone and find a way around. It seems sometime I know more Amilia than the customer service.

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks so much for your review Zoe - will take your feedback to the support team!

Casey S.
Program Manager in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Decent Alternative? Maybe, I guess...

Kommentare: Coming to Amilia (Smart Rec) from Max Galaxy, it is a even trade off. What MG did poorly, Smart Rec does better, but what MG did great, Smart Rec can not do. I see how Smart Rec could be great. But it is "new" to the game and still has a ways to go. It is hard for me recommend to other Parks and Recreation Departments. In the first month of Smart Rec, Amilia implemented more upgrades and new features than Max Galaxy did in the entire 3 years we used it. So that being said, I have hope in Amilia as there have been a steady stream of updates.

Customer service and trouble shooting chat portal is wonderful! There is an Amilia Staffer ready to chat with you online within a few minutes of having an issue or question. The client facing portals are attractive and for the most part easy to use. Browser based, usable/accessible from almost any device. Has an app for clients (though very limited) Creates membership cards with scan bars and photos (also accessible in client app)

Only Merchandise goes through the POS... Nothing else does. (registrations, memberships, rentals, reservations) Shouldn't every transaction should go through the POS? Can not export financial ledger codes and payment breakdown reports by individual locations. Maybe if every transaction went through a POS, then we could report ledger codes with payment forms for that specific POS location? eChecks take 10 days to hit the bank Can not create custom payment types Reports are excel exports only. They are ugly and formatted poorly for print. CardPointe (card connect) is the only card processing service available.

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks so much for your review Casey - we're happy to hear you are enjoying SmartRec and will take your feedback to the product team :)

Stacy H.
Managing Director in USA
Darstellende Künste, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Feedback

Kommentare: Overall, Amilia is serving the purpose we need it to. We initially thought it would offer cost savings from our previous database (Active and Mindbody), and maybe it does have some cost savings, but there have been serious issues on the backend that don't entirely outweigh the savings. I would consider leaving Amilia and choosing another service, but the learning curve of a new system is high, and we are only just now feeling like we have a handle on Amilia's offerings.

The customer service is great. We always have a quick response and can usually find an answer to our questions after speaking with someone.

The reporting features are severely lacking. If we are taking customers' money through this platform, there must be clear reports that show how much money has been brought in and when/how it is being disbursed to our bank account. It took us almost two years to navigate the existing financial reports to find the ones that actually showed us the information that we need. And in so doing, we found out that over $100k of payments have not been sent to our bank account. If the reporting was more clear, we would have been able to identify the issue years ago. One of the main problems is that the information in the canned reports is not uniform across the reports themselves. So, trying to compare information across reports is very challenging. It would also be nice to be able to customize reports, so that the user can pull the information that is needed at their own convenience.

Chelsea M.
Recreation Supervisor in USA
Sport, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Room for Growth

Kommentare: Overall, the system has been beneficial. We've been able to consolidate and put more information into one location. Contracts are easy for all staff to access (previously they were all in a paper file system). Some of our facility bookings have been moved to online access. After we learned how to make it work the time spent entering programs is relatively small & easy to understand. The integration with our email service has also be very helpful. Long term I see the adjustments they are making as something that will keep us with this system. In the short term it has been very challenging to adapt some areas of our department to function within the limitations of this software. Specifically we struggle with the lack of reporting for facility rentals & lack of unique data with forms. We were on-boarded but had some struggles during that process with a lack of clear direction on what we needed to do prior to opening to the public. Possibly a checklist would have been very helpful.

Two things: - Customer support is quick to assist with problems & open with their response. If it's something the system can't do they let you know & attempt to help find solutions. - They are constantly putting out new features. Since we started they have updated/launched at least 5 big updates.

Facilities. We do 50% of our revenue in facility rentals & the process they do have is fairly limited. We are missing many reports that would help us better manage facility rentals, emails to previous renters by facility and date, custom forms that uniquely tie to each rental and more. Also online bookings / groups are limited. When we add the campground's 140+ sites this fall finding anything in there is going to take forever. (You have to scroll through everything to find the location you are looking for) While booking there is no go to date option. You have to manually tab by month to the time you want to book for, even if it's years out.

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks so much for the thorough review Chelsea :) we will take your feedback to the product team.

Lindsay G.
Finance & Operations Manager in USA
Darstellende Künste, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Customer Service, Some Functionality Still Improving

Kommentare: Overall, great! As I said there are some issues in finance and reporting, but the quality of their customer service and ease of use outweighs these troubles. Plus - the development team at Amilia is constantly adding and improving upon features! I am hopeful that the troubles we have had in reporting will improve as other features have over our year of using this software.

- Great customer service! Team is always available for questions ranging from quick pokes to lengthy problems - Easy to use; their mass edit tool has been a life saver! Overall has been easy to train staff in basic functionalities (registrations, refunds, creating activities, etc.)

- Finance & Reporting function still needs some work. Our comptroller has continued troubles with creating reports that show with total accuracy how our organization is performing. Amilia has been helpful in pointing me in the right direction, but their reports are not very customizable. What they lack in customization is the number of reports they offer; however that is not always enough.

Casey S.
Senior Administrative Assistant in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

SmartRec the SmartChoice

Kommentare: The experience has been wonderful. The training was completely different from how we ended up using the software but ultimately its been quick and easy to learn/implement.

The software is intuitive and the customer service is outstanding.

I do wish this was an established recreation software as features are ever changing. It makes it hard to write guides or standard operating procedures for software that is constantly changing. I would also like to see a better reporting system. However, because the software is ever changing, they take our suggestions from what we want to see out of the software and create it. I also wish the software was split by facilities and not one large department. It makes reconciliation difficult on behalf of the whole department.

Nicole P.
Owner in Kanada

Excellent customer service

Kommentare: It's been wonderful. I'm huge on personal service and they have the best help.

The assistance provided is phenomenal. Lots of options for many things. I mostly love that they are always growing it. I hope for more options in the future.

It was a complicated learning curve. And some features that the "other guys" have, are not a priority for amilia.

Dwayne D.
IT Mnager in Kanada
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great Software - Very valuable to any organization

This is an amazing software. We are using it to track registrations and transactions relating to our summer camp. This software has helped the organization throughout the summer. We are now working through the financial reporting to for the previous year. The major reason for our organization was the ability to generate RL-24 tax slips.

There is a steep learning curve for this software. We need a few weeks to get used to all the functionalities. I would like to see some additional functions added: 1- Ability to back date transactions 2- Track and issue donation receipts 3- Send notification to different email address' based on the activity 4- More options for levels of access (ex: the ability for agent to 5- Easier/Customization financial reporting

Aaron B.

Bally Sports Review

Kommentare: Overall, I have been happy with using Amilia for my registration system. I really like the majority of the customer service people that have assisted me.

I like how clean and professional the store looks. I also like the capability to offer installment payment plans, early bird discounts, and tiered pricing for my camps.

Some of my logos don't fit correctly on my store. I've lost some money trying to merge a variety of discounts together that customer service was not able to find a fix for. I think the Dashboard could use some slight improvements.

Jason S.
Park Director in USA

Amilia Review

Kommentare: Love it!

It is very user friendly for staff and customers.

The contract section needs to have a few more features.

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks so much for the review Jason! We're happy to hear you love using Amilia :)

Dean D.
Cashier in USA

Amilia Review and suggestions

Kommentare: Overall, I'd say Amilia has worked for me for my position. I know for some of my supervisors there seems to be a lot of features that could be improved regarding scheduling and programming. Amilia has appeared to be receptive to feedback and have continued to try to improve their product, which is good to see. I hope that the product continues to get better and better.

I do appreciate that Amilia is pretty straight forward in its implementation. Most features do what they say they do. While there are some kinks still to be ironed out, the customer service has been pretty responsive with any problems we run into. It's great seeing Amilia continually improve and take feedback.

While Amilia can be straightforward, it's not particularly streamlined. There's a lot of quality of life updates that I would like to see implemented to help us help our customers better. 1. The Client Billing and Purchases Tabs - These tabs, while functionally they work fine, are a hassle to navigate for members that have lots of purchases and cancellations. Filters can help, but with classes that all have the same name, it's difficult. - The item descriptions could be more visible in the folded state rather than just purchases/cancellations. - Discounts and other adjustments clutter the view in large multi-item purchases. E.g. A person that registered for classes for the whole month will have a full page of discounts/classes to parse, which makes cancelling a hassle. - I'm not sure if this is how my organization has set it up or Amilia, but there's a lot of extra qualifiers to names for things can be minimized to make it easier to read. Stripping some of the qualifiers (like the category it's found in, location, etc.) could make it much easier to read. 2. Account Members - Adding multiple people at once on one account could be more streamlined. As it is right now is fine, although having to wait for submission/saving in between each person can slow down the process quite a bit. - Archiving people does not appear to prevent things applying to that account. Sometimes patrons can still even see the archived person (in the italicized state).

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks so much for your thorough review Dean! We will take this feedback to the product team.

Nicolas G.
Co-Owner in Kanada
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, Great user interface, common sense features, great ROI, and amazing customer support

Kommentare: Great ROI, mainly from a drastic reduction in time spent taking registrations, setting up new sessions, and collecting outstanding balances from clients.

The number one feature by far is online registration, before switching to Amilia we had to manually register all our clients. The process was inefficient and took up a lot of time that as a small and new club we needed to be spending on focusing and improving our core business. With our old system we had to chase people down for money, and deal with bounced cheques and all sorts of nonsense that no one in the services community should have to deal with. The online registration worked exactly as promised, and with that came all sorts of additional features like class management and communication tools that worked incredibly well. Having all our clients be forced to pay upfront saved us literally thousands of dollars our first year alone. Admittedly we were terrible at chasing people down with outstanding balances, but we didn't get into the gymnastics club business to become a accountants/collections officers. The online tools were super straight forward, and the customer support was fantastic. Every time we had an issue or problem with the system the customer support would provide prompt responses and walk us through the mistakes we had made or give detailed explanations as to how we could better set up our sessions to avoid future problems. They would even log into our account and make the changes for us that were labor intensive due to the type of mistakes we made when learning the system. Overall switching to Amilia was the smartest business we ever made.

It is expensive... but in life I've learned you tend to get what you pay for and this system it is totally worth it.

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks so much for the review Nicolas - so glad to hear you are enjoying Amilia's features :)

Jessica W.
Program Director in Kanada
Sport, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Airborne LOVES Amilia. It is so unbelievably easy to use as both an administrator and customer.

Kommentare: Again, so much! We moved from another registration system last June and Amilia is beyond amazing. Amilia is extremely user friendly, especially as an administrator. Inputting and creating classes/activities is so quick and easy. Two of us worked at the same time and created our entire Spring Session in under two hours. It has saved us tons of hours worth of work. It's also easy for our customers to use. We have put all of our competitions, uniforms, tickets for events all on Amilia. Customers are notified and they can easily go on and purchase without help from us. It's really neat how much we can personalize our store too. Not just with colours but pictures, fonts, layout, AND I love that you can move activities around to the order can change AFTER finalizing the program. Airborne loves Amilia.

So much. It is SO easy to use. I have worked at numerous companies with different online registration processes and Amilia is by far the most user friendly. It does everything we need it to do and so much more (but not so much that's confusing either). I enjoy that I can design attendance sheets to exactly what coaches need to know, customers are easy to look up by either parent or athlete name, their personal and payment information is right there. It's easy to export financials and reports into excel or as a PDF, being non-profit and passing this information onto a volunteer treasurer, ease of accessing that info is important. Creating & adding activities is also easy, I just added August birthday parties in 5 mins. We have also had a lot less complaints or questions from customers regarding our this system registration. They find it simple & easy to access, especially during tax season this year. I think my favourite part is that I can also view the store front as both an administrator or a customer. If I am unsure of font, pictures, anything I can very quickly pop onto the store front to see what the customers see. Oh! Small thing, but I also appreciate the "Home" page after logging in. I love to see what classes have been registered for in the past 24 hrs, which months have been our busiest, to see customer visitation as soon as I log in. Not only does Amilia do that tracking for us, but it's easily visible. Customer service and support has been AMAZING.

I do find a little on the pricey side. As a smaller-ish non-profit that's a big factor. It's not just Amilia but also adding in Netbanx fees. However, we just adjusted our fees to accommodate. As a positive, customers aren't constantly asking "why do I have to pay this processing fee." I also find going between Amilia and Netbanx a little confusing. Sometimes dates or deposit amounts don't quite line up so it takes a little bit of digging and math to make sure transactions are being book keeped on our end properly. But, it really is a small issue. It's hard to give a "least" when every time I have a problem, I relay it onto customer support and my issue is addressed within 24 hours. Even questions about Netbanx, Customer rep walked me through everything. Rep rocks ;)

Antwort von Amilia

Amilia loves Airborne back! Thanks for your review Jessica :)

Eli M.
President in Kanada
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A promising software but still has some ways to go.

- Available in French as well as English, a necessity in Montreal - ASTOUNDING customer service! and that's coming from someone who trains customer service departments! - Decent programming flexibility for Dance studios and service providers - Space rental programming included

- Difficult learning curve for our clients - Lack of real integration with website (only nested window) - Unintuitive purchasing process for services (and products) for clients, even those who are familiar with the software - Primitive phone app (Android & iOS) with very little functionality to go along with the main program, for both clients and administrators. - Steep learning curve for administrators who are not very tech savvy - No integration with ANY accounting software (ex: Quickbooks) - No integration with a POS system (ex: Square) - On the expensive side for what is offered compared to other companies, especially with the percentage taxing of sales they deduct EVEN if clients pay cash. - Sub par visual aesthetics and no real control to administrators to change it. - No Google bookings, which is becoming more and more important in service-oriented businesses.

vor 4 Monaten

Hi Eli - thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review! We will take this feedback to the product team. Have a great day!

Arisa K.
General Manager in Kanada

Good software

Kommentare: We joined Amilia when it was in its earlier years, when the customer service was more personal.
Now fast forward a few years later, with successful growth, and the customer service is not as it used to be.
Also, amidst the current global pandemic of March 2020, we did not feel like they were empathetic to their main customer base's realities.
Overall, the product is fine, with space to grow, but the customer service needs to step back to its roots.

We appreciate the website integration, and ongoing added features that help us better operate.

We are having a hard time with the bookkeeping aspect of it; having to go on another platform to check deposits, and not being able to automatically reconcile operations so we still have to do it by hand in 2020. Our customers are also having a hard time with the ease of use of the interface; we have gotten many calls that some were unable to register due to photo file restriction and other issues.

Katherine B.
Office Manager in Kanada
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Amilia Review

Kommentare: Amilia has been a tremendous time saver! The vast majority of our registrations are now made online by the clients themselves. Couple of things to improve and functions that are not compatible with our use/needs, overall very satisfactory.

- User-friendly both for the administrator and the clients. - Allows automatic RL24 Tax Receipts generation. - Constant Contact list intergrated. - Attendance lists and template lists made easy. - Group-making and friends-pairing made easy. -Mass editing of programs. - Live online chat support.

- Custom post-dated payments on credit cards. - Modifications/updates to post-dated credit card payments. - No direct access to Constant Contact from participants, only from Account Owners. - After mass generation of RL24, modification and further RL24 generations done one by one. - Scheduling more or less effective. - Restrictive for non-Amilia online money solution partners. - No refunds straight onto credit cards from platform.

vor 4 Monaten

Hi Katherine - thanks so much for the review! We are glad to hear you are satisfied with your Amilia experience and will take your feedback to the product team.

Natalie F.
Sport, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Good software but not for my business

Kommentare: I was sold something that I was unable to use after being promised that it could be customized to fit my business. There is a contract involved and I ended up paying for 2 different platforms since Amilia was not something that I could work with.

Many features with plenty of bells and whistles. Can be customized to an extent and would be a useful platform for many businesses.

I was not able to use the software for my business. It showed families the amount a year of classes would cost and wouldn't allow for the payment options that they have been accustomed to since I opened. Setup was tedious and very complex.

Joe M.
Business Development in Kanada
Vorstandsbüro, Selbstständig

Amilia - Great Program

Kommentare: They have a great customer service fleet of people. They return emails in the morning, and ask if your issue has been looked after.

The easy integration into our club. Once easily set up, we can now see who is purchasing, with all the and track what they are purchasing as well. Before it was too hard to see where they were registered in multiple classes

Hmmm. I know there were a couple things, but don't recall...They were a couple "Nice to haves", but nothing crazy. Would be nice to have an interactive ability to send messages to all clients like TeamSnap.

David M.
Executive Director in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Lindenhurst Park District - SmartRec Registration Software

Kommentare: Mine and staff's overall experience has been wonderful and challenging, in a good way. As previously mentioned, because the software is innovative and new, we are learning just like Amilia is learning and the benefits from this will end up being very beneficial for everyone. I really think the future of registration software is here. Our customers absolutely love it!

The biggest reason we made the switch to this software was for our customers and it was absolutely the right decision, I would say over 95% of our users love it. The accessibility, ease of use, a new but smarter way to register. The customer service has been excellent, I would definitely say one of the companies strong points, both customer service, training and onboarding has been stellar. At first, administratively, staff were concerned and navigating all the changes. However, we were trying to have SmartRec behave like our old software but we have realized that we need to also adapt and it has made us think differently and will make us more efficient in the long run.

Since this software is newer to municipalities and special districts, they are and will continue to adapt to what their clients are asking for. I believe they care about their product and are doing a great job at addressing any minor issues that come up.

Caitlen B.
Programs Director in Kanada
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Just what we were looking for!

Kommentare: One of the biggest benefits of using Amilia is the different tabs. There are times we will sit in a meeting and someone will say I saw this option on [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], I think that would work great for us. So Amilia has helped streamline what we already did and jump started us into new services to provide our customers.

This product really helped us take the next step with our customers. The experience for them and us was way better than when we used other forms or software.

For an activity, parents have to sign their kids in/out on paper. The form that is given to help print out that sheet isn't what we need for our purposes and the options to change it don't quite suit what we are looking for.

Program Director in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great support with average software functions

Kommentare: Installments and discounts are easily created to apply to multiple activities/families.

Installment payments Duplication of programs/activities season to season Mass edit Connectivity to Constant Contact Data and functionality for staff maintenance

Invoices for corporate accounts are terrible (no editable, not credits or additional fees) Students from corporate accounts are difficult to registration from an account level (not family-enrolled)

Timmie T.
Director of Operations in USA
Hausmeisterservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Amilia is great

The launching process, and using it on my end is pretty easy once you get to know your way around the system.

The account code reporting for registrations received is complicated and hard to run/find. The customer side is very difficult the very first time. Once a customer creates an account than it seems to be much easier for them.

vor 5 Monaten

Thanks so much for your review Timmie! We're happy to hear you appreciated the launching process and will take your other feedback to the product team.

Federico P.
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Can you drill a hole with a screwdriver? Yes, you can. Maybe not the ideal tool to do it.!

Kommentare: I'm very satisfied with the service provided. The functionalities are great and easy to use. It is very easy to setup and you will be up&running in a very short period of time. Then you can continue adding more features.

Amilia is an extremely powerful solution. It has the huge benefit that can be used in a very basic mode, or you can implement as much as business processes you have. A huge benefit that they offer, it is the customer support. The customer support team is extremely patient, professional, and always ready to help.

The mobile App it has a lot of areas for improvement. The possibility to have Amilia embedded in your business website should be carefully reviewed. There are minor UX scenarios where the system is not as friendly as you may expect.

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks so much for the review Federico - we are happy to hear you are enjoying the platform and will take your feedback to the product team!

Sheryl G.
Director in Kanada

Amilia a timesaving program

Kommentare: We have been using Amilia for a few years for our 3 day camps and the experience has been very rewarding. The program has helped us to be more efficient on registration days and given us much more flexibility in how we can do registrations. We now offer phone support to our clients to help them register from home. The program is easy to learn and we now have 3 of our office staff who can handle our registrations, process new relevés 24 and take care of payments/refunds. The installments have been a lifesaver for many families who are struggling financially. We have spread payments out over a four month period. The webinars and live support are great! The techs are very quick with the responses/solutions. Amilia is a company that listens to their clients and makes major changes accordingly. Bravo for the good work.

The reporting options are fantastic. The fact that were have the option of producing documents in both languages is great.

The bank depositing system makes it very difficult to account for individual program payments. The monies are transferred to the bank every few days but the deposits never seem to match up with the sales for that time period. On a monthly basis it is fine or if it was only one program to report. When we try to break down the payments by program when deposited it doesn't add up. We have no choice but to do the accounting on a monthly basis which is challenging during day camp season. (we have 3 camps)

Simon L.
Administrator in Kanada
Sport, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Amilia is a time-saving platform with tons of features!

Kommentare: Amilia is a versatile software that is really easy to use. We could not do without it now that we adopted it!

Amilia is an all-in-one tool that is easy to setup and to use. It allows us to save valuable time from our volunteers to focus on the development of our organisation. Other than being an online registration tool, it also manages product sales, memberships and rentals. Payments can be made online by credit card or offline by various methods. Amilia produces attendance lists, contact lists and financial reports that facilitate accounting. Customer support responds very fast and helps to set up the different features. Amilia developer team listens to the specific needs of our organization and adapts its platform to those needs. Many suggestions we have made have been implemented.

Simplification of the checkout process would be nice, especially in admin mode.