Filtern nach:

Über Microsoft Project

Microsoft Project ist ein einfaches, aber leistungsstarkes Tool zur Verwaltung von Arbeit – von schnellen Projekten bis hin zu komplexeren Initiativen.

Erfahre mehr über Microsoft Project

Zeigt 1.252 Bewertungen

Syamir K.
Syamir K.
Administrative Assistant in Malaysia
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Planning and executing project easily

Kommentare: Overall, i am still satisfied in using this software to managing and managing our collaborative project and it really helpful for us to tracking and finish our project in the allocated time. It has increase our effectiveness in planning and executing a project.

Microsoft Project is really good in planning and executing my project that my team and my colleague collaborate. It let us to distributing task among us and be clear which member are responsible for the task and avoid confusing while executing the project. The Gantt chart really helpful in planning the project time of completion.

You will need quite a considerable time of training to properly get expert and get comfortable in using this project management software to the maximum usage. Some of the feature or tools is quite hard to be understand the usage and the manual is not explaining the tools in details.

José eduardo A.
José eduardo A.
Consultor Tecnológico in Ecuador

Microsoft Project, la herramienta perfecta en planificación y control de un proyectos en general.

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: El seguimiento y/o gestión de proyectos de mediana y alta envergadura son fácil de realizar y permite el monitoreo y toma de decisiones en tiempo real al permitirme estar siempre actualizado. Es probable que para proyectos simples talvez sea un poco abrumador la cantidad de herramientas, pero para proyectos corporativos, es sin duda alguna la solución perfecta.

Con funciones infalibles en la administración de proyectos, mejora mis perspectivas de gestión con las plantillas personalizadas que incorpora, también me permite gestionar al detalle los recursos asignados a cada tarea y persona cuando realizo los cálculos de costos. Aparte de generar visualizaciones rápidas que permiten seguir la situación de desarrollo de mis proyectos, entre más factores que mejoran mi experiencia de gestión.

Una de las limitaciones que tiene este software es que no es multiplataforma; ya que solo se instala bajo el sistema operativo Windows, lo que dificulta que cuando se realizan proyectos interdisciplinarios y de variados frentes de seguimientos, buscar alternativas o compartir recursos ya que existen algunos equipos con otros OS (Sistemas operativos).

Gio J.
Technical Trainer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to access project tool.

Kommentare: I use Microsoft's Project to track the individual items that I need to manage for a major project. The best parts of MS Project are that it evolved into the easiest to use Gant chart generator out there. My personal business calls for me to track several programs at one time and as an Instructional Designer/Architect, I tend to "chunk" projects into smaller, easier to accomplish bites. The Project lets me do that and helps me track my progress in completing the chunks of the larger project that I have to complete. I like that the interface allows me to enter the data about the project into what looks like a spreadsheet. The software then generates a Gant chart and helps me track where I might have finished ahead of schedule or where I might slip if I don't pay attention. My main gripes about MS Project involve a lack of flexibility. I can't easily rename column headings because they're locked into Microsoft's view of what a project should look like. This is only a minor annoyance. That said, at times I often expect MS Project to behave more like MS Excel where I can manipulate and edit cells with ease, which you can't because the columns are locked to function only one way. Finally, I would like to have row separators that let me know where one project ends and another begins. I do this because I'd like to have a tool that lets me view all my projects in one place. Changing dates is also an annoyance because the date fields always default to the point in time in which you started the project and so if you expect the date fields to default to "today's date", you might have to make adjustments. It would be nice if the date defaulted as expected (today's date). Tips:
1. You can roughly rename the titles of cells, but the contents will always function according to the locked nature of the cells.
2. If like me, you want to track multiple projects in one MS Project file, simply color code the different projects with the cell highlight function.

1. Ease of use 2. Fast data entry 3. Visible Gant chart

1. Columns are locked to function only one way 2. Date fields don't default to today's date 3. No means to separate one project from another

Norma C.
Network Engineer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

The Ultimate Project Management Software

MS Project has many powerful features for project management like gantt charts, budget tracking and task management that give users a ton of detailed options for managing resources. It's fairly easy to integrate with an existing microsoft environment and requires little to no maintenance once your custom templates are set up.

It does have a steep learning curve that can seem intimidating to new users and the overwhelming amount of feature capabilities can seem daunting. MS Project also does not integrate well with other project management software so that can definitely be improved.

Norzihan I.
Norzihan I.
Recruiter in Malaysia
Telekommunikation, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Saves time in planning and collaborating project

Kommentare: This software has help me and my colleague to create shortcuts to planning, creating and deploying project.
The task can be marked with time frame and the system will send notification if the task is still not completed before the due date.

I really like template that are provided by Microsoft Project, it is highly customized to my project objective and my liking. The feature that i use the most can be pinned on the dashboard interface and keep it organized. Most of the user are using it, and there are no issue to shares the project file to my other colleague and they can open it without any compatibility problem.

Microsoft Project is quite pricey as we can't subscribe only the Microsoft Project itself, we have to buy all the software on the Microsoft suite to use it. If only they can let user to separately subscribing it, more user can will use it. Other thing that i dislike is, no video tutorial provided to teach user how to use the feature in the software.

Andrés j G.
Andrés j G.
Director in Kolumbien
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Good alternative, but a bit pricey

Kommentare: As an experienced user, I've never had any major issue. The bottom line is that it works, and it does its job. I just wish they will upgrade the experience, in regards to interface design.

For many years, it was the de facto software for project management and if you were in the field, you had to use it. So many older users like me, use it mostly because of this reason. Besides that, it's well designed and a solid alternative. For experienced users, is one of the best tools in the market. And in this case, it's quite easy to start a new project.

It looks like Microsoft Project got stuck in time. Newer alternatives are easier to use, and the design is prettier. Microsoft Project like other Office apps, are just to boxed into the Office style apps. In other words, it lacks innovations and doesn't help the users' creativity.

Antony S.
Antony S.
Planning Engg in Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
Öl & Energie, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy and Comfortable Planning Software

Kommentare: Project Planning , Cost Calculation, Cost Control , Optimizing resources to optimize project output ,

Task Adding Feature of ms Project is very Easy and We can Easily Edit order Without Any Problem, simple planning and scheduling

Cost Of resources Added Feature is Less also there must be option for creating Some regulate chart like planned progress vs Actual progress , Sn Curve Etc

Elena R.
Consultant in Mexiko
Öl & Energie, Selbstständig

The PM´s right hand

Kommentare: I started using MP in the 90´s when joined a consulting company. It was amazing to learn we had a software to manage the diverse aspects of a project and have a visual-real time control, it helped the team to keep focused on objectives.

MP facilitates the PM´s job and makes easier for the team to keep focused in the main activities, overall progress and resourses optimization. It is also flexible to manage small, medium and big prjects. MP demands time and effort to become an expert but the results makes it cost worth.

The learning curve is long and steeped. It demands a formal training to learn how to use at full capacity . Most people learn the basic but miss the opportunity to benefit plenty. It is also costly because requires an additional license to the Office suite.

Jessica S.
Science Liaison in USA
Biotechnologie, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Highly recommended tool

I like the ability to track multiple project timelines.

This tool is not included in basic Microsoft Office.

Yassine E.
Yassine E.
Manager IT in Marokko

A reliabale software for project management

Kommentare: Microsoft Project has gotten more intuitive over time, yet novice users can still be overwhelmed, it reminds me of my years of studying at college, it wasn't an easy task to manage a projet back then with Microsoft project, but once I began to manipulate it started to make sense to me. In the working field, as a user, Microsoft Project helps me to prioritize tasks, define the necessary actions, and then assign them to the relevant team members based on my preferences. There is also a shared team calendar that allows your teammates to see everything at the same time. The calendar sends out reminders for meetings and allows me to keep their work plans in sync with one another.

Microsoft Project connects with Office 365 via the online service of SharePoint which make changes and loads flexible. The project management software integrates team collaboration technologies such as Skype, Power BI. the interface is similar to the Microsoft Excel ribbon desig, it always gaves me a sensation of familiarity. Obviously, in the field of project management software Microsoft Project was a pioneer. That's the awesomeness of Project, all of this makes The program trusted and continually updated to fulfill our needs. In addition, the software for Microsoft Project management can be used for the production of road maps, budget and expenditures. Teams and companies with the possibility of deploying on-site or in the cloud will have additional freedom.

Unlike other applications, Microsoft Project saves documents in a proprietary format that makes it impossible for anyone who does not use the software to read the files. It is necessary for me as a project manager to determine whether or not the recipients programs will open the files before transferring them to other people, such as clients or partners. If the recipients programs will not open the files, it is necessary for me to create an alternate compatible format in order to ensure that the recipients can open the files.

Ahmed A.
Planning and project control engineer in Jordanien
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

The ideal solution for project management and calculating completion rates

5 vor 4 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: Microsoft Project Help in the proper planning of projects, as after adopting the plan, you will be able to use Microsoft Project to follow it in a correct way, as it will work permanently when updates are made by giving you a comparison between the actual and planned implementation, and through it you will be able to find activities that are not being implemented according to the plan , so that you keep it under surveillance permanently, which increases the chances of the success of your projects and finish them on time.

It is one of the best programs for project management, and to complete the scheduling and planning processes in the correct contractual ways, which allows the preparation of an integrated work program that includes all activities within the scope of the project. The integration of Microsoft Project with other Microsoft programs, especially Excel, facilitates the processes of entering activities directly from Excel tables, which facilitates the process of building work programs. Linking activities to each other according to priorities is very easy, and also allocating resources. Microsoft Project enables you to find the critical path of the program, and also filters that can be customized as needed, among the distinctive things that benefit from Microsoft Project. The update processes are easy, and also the calculations of completion rates for the activities and for the project in general are very simple, and you can also filter the delayed activities and know the exact amount of delay by using Microsoft Project.

There is nothing worth mentioning, I have used Microsoft Project daily for many years, and I did not find any technical problems in it, and all the results that I get by using it, are considered accurate and reflect the reality of the work in the project.

Abraham C.
Active Directory Administrator in Fidschi
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Microsoft PowerPoint - By Abraham Chongkit

Kommentare: So far my overall experience with MS Project is a little more unique then expected and I would probably prefer more clarification on its compatibility and uses from Microsoft and their retail agents around the world before purchasing. The installation was pretty straight forward and I have not had any issue in regards to the application functionalities, and features. However, it did take me long to learn how to use MS Project and I would probably suggest that the help and instructional features could be adjusted to accommodate other users similar to my situation.

The great thing I like most about MS Project is that it's interface is quiet similar to that of other MS Office products, such as MS Excel. This familiarity gives me the confidence that the product I am about to use, is very similar to other MS Office products that I use on a daily basis. MS Project integrates well with Office 365 which allows me the space that I need to work remotely from anywhere when I'm outside the office, at home or sitting at a cafe having coffee while working on a task. Even when there is no internet connection, MS Project still works perfectly offline because it is a desktop application after all and your files are stored locally which allows ease of access when you need them. In addition to the user friendly interface of MS Project and its well designed features, I also love the built in templates that come with MS Project which is ready for use when I need it. The various templates have different themes and natures which gives you the flexibility to chose from according to the task you are trying to accomplish.

The least thing I liked about MS Project is that it took me a while to get used to the menus, and features such as the interface when i first started. It took a lot of practice and further research on how to use the product faster and efficiently because my first impression is that MS Project was not really user-friendly at the beginning. I think MS Project is a bit expensive and you need to plan and make an effective decision before you purchase the full license, and the reason I say this is because if you're a small business with a small budget then you can only afford a handful of user licenses, which means if your business will scale up in the future, then you have to purchase more user licenses to accommodate growth. Another con with MS Project that I found out is that it is only compatible with computers installed with the Windows operating system and you need to install the full licensed version to start using the full features of the application. I normally work remotely and I need an application that is compatible with other mobile devices such as android, apple iOS and Linux. I am unsure if MS Project can accommodate under these circumstances according to the application prerequisites and requirements of use for MS Project.

Hani V.
project management in Niederlande

enterprise project management (EPM) system

Kommentare: Microsoft project is a famous and old tool for planning and controlling projects. I’ve used MSP in different IT and construction projects. It has almost all the necessary features for a project team. Project scheduling, cost management, resource management, risk management and portfolio management are some of its features. Also Earned value management (EVM) provide different Indicators for project evaluation. You could add custom field and formula to project based on your requirements.
For a year we implement this Microsoft solution on SharePoint site and we use it as an enterprise project management (EPM) software. It use SQL Server as database. Network project management was a great new experiment. In project web app (WPA) you could define different access level for project team and assign task to them. We also use Microsoft power BI and power view for designing charts and diagram to control the project status. It is also possible to use Microsoft Nintex as a workflow engine to implement simple processes on your team.

As a Microsoft tools it has a great integration with other MS solution as name above, but it’s hard to integrate with externals apps.

MSP is a classic project management tools that support different standard for project management, like PMBoK. But it’s not a tool for agile project management such as Scrum and Kanban.

Joshua M.
Process Optimization Analyst in USA
Druck, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

The Project Management Tool for the Microsoft Power User

Kommentare: Overall, Microsoft Project does a really good job of allowing experienced project managers to create complex project plans for both large and small teams. The platform offers extensive schedule and resource management - enabling teams to accurately allocate their resources in order to achieve maximum efficiencies. My experience with Project has been positive. I work in a small to mid-sized team that creates implementation plans for customer recommendations. I have enjoyed the synergies that working with other Microsoft tools provides. Furthermore, Project has enabled me to be effective in those pursuits. It definitely takes some time to learn more complicated aspects of the program - but that time and training and can really benefit a team.

The greatest strength of Microsoft Project comes in the name. Microsoft develops some of the most popular and effective tools for modern businesses. Project integrates extremely seamlessly into the overall Microsoft ecosystem of work. This enables the platform to truly maximize on all the efficiencies created by keeping your work within one platform. Project also does a fantastic job of allocating and scheduling resources. Furthermore, identifying critical paths for a project is relatively straight forward. Project managers can do specific call outs for key steps along the way as well. There are also a lot of additional benefits for project that help the quality of life for anyone in control of a project.

Project is a complicated piece of technology. While creating initial project plans seem easy, there are so many features of project that not only go unnoticed - but also can be incredibly cumbersome to learn and master. An additional pain point that I have experienced has related to working on multiple project resources while also viewing the Gantt chart. Finally, sharing a project also holds its own difficulties as well - as users must have Project installed on their own device.

Cesar C.
Cesar C.
Docente asociado in Venezuela
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Manager for the control and development of projects of great impact in the company

Kommentare: Based on the experience of the use of the tool, the organizational capacity is more efficient and effective in each task, as well as the security and the status of the results offered by each member of the project. Another element to highlight is communications and how this allows improving the flow of information, thus improving the willingness of managers to take corrective action at the best times.

Of the positive things that Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management has, is that you can use a driver prioritization module to develop workshops in which executives openly discuss the issue importance of each business controller and thus be able to prioritize the strategies according to the established objectives. that's why it's an advantage to be able to prioritize commercial drivers at any level within the organizational hierarchy Another element to highlight is the tool's management capabilities, which helps to capture the resource requirements at the beginning of the project's life cycle and all the programmed activities, providing visibility, certainty and assertive predictions about the demand future and the best thing is that it can be accessed from any device available to the members of the company.

One of the difficulties is the development of the chronogram of the different projects and the information that is offered to the teams involved in the different projects, as well as the possibility of associating one or more plans for the execution of the project and a baseline for the project. supervision, development and management and thus be able to generate changes in the various levels in a corrective manner. In addition, the implementation of the schedule change and operational capacity is difficult and prevents providing the project teams with an updated map for the execution of their tasks and therefore the delivery of a new baseline to verify progress and manage the change programmed by the bosses.

Stever jose G.
Stever jose G.
PMO in Argentinien
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Be able to have a clear vision, vision and control to make decision

Kommentare: Have the possibility to manage the resources, projects carptera from the initiative or idea cycle to the process and project closure. and the collaboration in external offices with the executors or other leaders is very useful to measure impacts and make decisions.

Since we implemented it, which is quite easy, it is enough to have a 2010 project server and a professional project for the stations all in collaboration with a sharepoint farm. The implementation process took a couple of months to adjust the configurations and to be able to obtain the greatest possible potential of the solution. in general we could use the graphs and diagrams in order to measure and make correct decisions to be applied in each case the collaborative work increased to have a better follow-up of the tasks and be able to finalize or inform some deviation in time of each project The support of the provider was very specialized for when we had to resort in some cases to the implementation and uses of the platform. a great functionality was to be able to create project templates without having to go through the process of creating formulas within each file, something that is optional for each use but in ours we had formulas applied to be able to measure specific calculations that we needed. Roi's early measurements were accurate in a high percentage which helped to clarify the landscape of the project area.

It is a very expensive solution, for which not all companies are willing to invest, not only in the platform but in the hours of R & D that the team must use to manage it, maintain it and work on the solution. Another point is that it is not multiplatform and this in the cases that are needed is important to evaluate it or keep it in mind. It has many features and it is a bit difficult to be an expert because of the number of functionalities that you have and you end up resorting to conventional methods because it is cumbersome to know where to find them.

Israel jose A.
Israel jose A.
Hydraulic Engineer, MSc Geological Engineering (Oil and Gas prospecting) in Venezuela

Is a valuable project management resource suitable for projects of any size

Kommentare: Since I have been using Microsoft Project, allows me to quickly adapt proposals and ideas into organized projects. This very helpful when I need to present proposals because I can give a solid overview of the project's idea, estimate, in the early stage, and to control during the execution, all the resources and manage and predict risks. The linkages, not only are easy to use but also help me when dealing with complex tasks. During presentations, the Gannt window allows me to show timelines versus the lines of tasks and clarify any doubt and even make corrections. I am a fan of the shortcuts, and filters, they help me to zoom over critical points. I really appreciate the fact that I can import and Export tasks in excel formats, it makes my daily work and reporting very easy.

For any user used to Microsoft's Software Family, the interface and tabs of the software will be very easy to understand and to use. The drag and drop function for schedule makes it easy to modify any resource. It has the most important features that any project management software can have and It is very useful that you can track all the necessary changes, manpower loading, deviations on time, and costs to complete the daily project managing tasks, provide baselines, and formulate all the necessary estimations. The Gantt Chart provides a graphical overview of the whole project and combined with the reports and striking graphics make it easier to understand and present the planning and evaluation strategy. If not the time to start a project from the scratch MPP comes with a very powerful set of templates. Indisputably MPP becomes an ideal first choice for any project manager.

The first I must say is that you need a strong background in project management theory (critical path method, evaluation techniques and so on) in order to master Microsoft Project and smoothly use all the features and capabilities of the software without having a complex learning curve. Besides, it's not an intuitive program so it is adviced taking a training course, but yes, you can learn to use it by yourself by dedicating hours and discipline. In the other hand, you need to consider the size of your project and company, and considering that it is a monthly subscription (including access to the cloud) that you should pay for every user, it can end up being relatively expensive at the end of the month. The integration with externals apps is null so you need to do it manually. And well, there are some formatting issues, is really complicated sometimes and printed results are not always what is expected.

Hessel F.
PMO in Israel
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Essential for all users of MS Project who have multiple project files that share common resources

Kommentare: The benefits to the organization have been phenomenal! Prior to the implementation of PPM it was impossible to see what individual team members were doing. The team leaders were 'king' and could do what they liked and when they liked. Our aim in implementing the product was to preserve existing process but to take the planning and execution of tasks to a new level. We found it easy to use although there was a bit of a learning curve. We had a challenge on implementing as, for some reason, there was a bug in MS Project. It took about six months to stabilize the site but once it was stable, the problem didn't return. For those who are interested, in our case it was due to not having service pack 2 installed. The challenge once we started using it, was to get management to appreciate the fact that accurate, real time reports could be generated and that they would be of immense benefit to them. It took a while until they realized it but once they did, the idea took off and requests flowed in for more views (reports) showing different aspects of the data. We use the product to track tasks of resources located outside the IT division which was also an innovation that needed time to be absorbed. The philosophy had always been that the team leader was assigned the task and that he/she would delegate it to the team members. With the browser version, resources could see their tasks, update % complete and the project manager could instantly see what was happening. This turned team meetings into shorter, more focused events as there was no need to review tasks.

I like the way you can use it for managing resources. It is very easy to assign resources to multiple projects and to see resource assignments and resource capacity. I use resource assignments in PPM to report project progress and I find the reports easier to understand and more meaningful that the reports that generated in standalone MS Project. I also use this resource assignment ability to slice and dice data so that I can see slipped tasks, tasks that have not started, tasks with no deadlines, grouped tasks per release etc. The sky is the limit! The web-based facility means that resources can see their tasks without needing to have MS project installed on their computers and they also don't need to have any knowledge of MS Project. This makes it easy to deploy in a big organization where there may be budget constraints.

It hasn't kept the pace with competitor projects and the various new releases don't differ substantially with previous ones. Here are a few things I don't like. I know it asks for only one, but I'd like to share some of the challenges. * You can't send messages to resources from within tasks * There is no place for discussion in a task apart from Notes, which are cumbersome and you can't then search for text in the note. * You can't sort the list of files backed up. That makes restoring files a bit of a challenge as you need to be really careful before you restore a file. * After all this time, the product is still not stable and there are still intermittent bugs to which there don't seem to be any solutions. * the filter capability of the views is limited and you can't use brackets.

Jose de jesus R.
Jose de jesus R.
Gerencia de Área Plataforma Tecnológica in Venezuela

My experience in Microsoft PPM, a tool for the control of Projects in an efficient way

Kommentare: I would recommend it extensively because it is useful to the final user, to be able to know the tool before it can be acquired and to know the opinion of a true user who takes advantage of each component every day, I am very pleased to participate in this program and thus contribute my experience.

Generally within the environment where I perform this tool is very useful, because your way of organizing work is excellent, to me as a professional in the area of technology adds incredible benefits, allows me to see tasks in a single presentation, resources, project execution times, remaining time, as well as progress, at the management level it has the advantage of making the most accurate decisions regarding reallocation of resources, time and other elements that intervene in the projects that I control from my area. It is great as all the work team that is under my charge is integrated to the use of this tool and we can be synchronized under the same objectives of the institution.

Despite being a great tool for project control, there is no way to measure the productivity of the work team or individually, this would help a lot or a lot to give the incentives to achieve jointly, departmentally or individually, even more when you want to highlight the merits of the team. Likewise, the cost of this tool for a medium or small company would be difficult to acquire or would be underused since in small environments the management of the projects would not have as many elements. However, I am very pleased with the kindnesses I have found in it.

Majid S.
Majid S.
Freelancer in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

General porous Project Management tool

Kommentare: General porous Project Management tool and not applicable in the complicated projects

Windows application is really user-friendly. I love the recurring task facility for creating repetitive tasks without the need of creating each task separately. Supporting the different relationship between tasks including FS. SS, SF, and FF

I wished it supports backward resource-leveling. It doesn't support the whole areas of the project management body of knowledge including Quality management and risk management in the best way.

Administrative officer in Nigeria
Staatsverwaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

The best project management app so far

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Being an experienced user, I have gotten hold of all technicalities involved in its operation and this app has always been highly resourceful in all my project management tasks. It has further helped my team in seamless planning and deployment of projects.

Managing a project is centered on service delivery as at when due and this software allows to keep track of all projects and schedules of all tasks. The Microsoft project is a very easy to use application even for beginners and its capacity for collaboration is seamless especially when working and viewing projects with other teams.

Time allocation to projects while working with multiple teams is a setback to the app. Some of the features are sophisticated but also requires a high level of technicality to operate them, it should also be noted that the Microsoft Project doesn't perfectly integrate with other project management apps. This should be attended to by the developers.

Hans L.
Account Supervisor/Project Manager in USA

The best project management tool in the industry!

Kommentare: Microsoft Project is undoubtedly one of the best project management tool in the industry, whether you are working on projects in different fields such as IT, Marketing, Finance, Construction, etc. As long as I can remember, MS Project has been helping me deliver projects successfully. It's a software that is ideal for collaborating with my team and it aids in effective planning as well as allocation of resources. Probably the best feature of this program is the resource management aspect of it notably the workload tracking with everyone involved (team members, client, and vendors). I normally use the Gantt Chart view since this is the easiest to work with and most common as well. I don't think I've ever worked with an easier software that can do simple changes such as linking multiple dependencies. In addition, this is more visually intuitive and you can easily manipulate the shape and colors of the bars (this is very helpful when dealing with multiple tasks). Overall, this software is definitely one of the top ones out there. It takes a lot of practice to get used to it but having templates (especially the ones specific to your company/industry or whenever you are working on similar projects with identical deliverables [ease of use = tasks are populated]). One good advice for people who are interested in project management: learn this software early one if possible. I know many universities teach the MS Project basics.

Ease of use, visually presentable (especially when dealing with many tasks), most common software in the industry

It takes some time to learn the software so it can be intimidated to new users

Thuffail T.
Thuffail T.
Engineer in Sri Lanka
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Basic Project Management Software

4 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I used Microsoft Project for small to medium level projects . The different tools were used for the proper planning of projects. Also the ongoing projects progress was monitored and assessed by the software. About 3-4 weeks were taken to familiarize with the software.

It is a software used worldwide by middle level and top level managers. It can be easily integrated with other Microsoft products and applications. This software can be used with or without internet. It has developed and improved its features over the years . The software has many tools for the effective management of projects. The tasks related for the projects can be tracked with responsible persons. The resource and budget allocation for each task can also be depicted. The progress of projects can be monitored when necessary. The responsible departments for tasks can be given access to the project, so that they can update the progress and changes related to their tasks. This can also be accessed from any place and it can be viewed and edited through the mobile application. It also supports the uploading or linking of documents needed for the project. Also it provides the ability of generating basic reports to be presented to the top level management.

This will not be compatible in complex projects. Its integration and collaboration is limited to Microsoft 365 based applications. It is not focused on a particular industry and its features may not be compatible with some industry based projects. The communication is limited as it does not support any third party communication tools. The project files can not be opened without the availability of the software. The mobile application is hard to be used in editing.

Dario V.
Dario V.
CTO in Mexiko

This is the reference for Project Planning but you might find better options

Kommentare: I used this product at a large bank and they used this to keep track of every.single.thing. developers did, so it was really time consuming updating everything on a daily basis. PMs had a nightmare maintaining everybody's schedule and making little changes to the plans so they would adjust to minor variations and unexpected stuff. The bank had build an automation engine for Project so every file was crunched by it and used to calculate everything from bugdet updates to productity bonuses. It was really a grim time when some tool told you the bonus wouldn't be available to you in the current quarter.

Microsoft Project is the 200-pound gorilla that most enterprises use, mainly because their companies already have all the Office bundle and this software might come included. Make no mistake, this is a compelling and thorough piece of software, but sometimes it's a little overkill for simple, quick tasks (like sketching a project while it's being pitched) and it really focus on being a good-for-everyone without much emphasis on usability or friendliness. Other newer options have emerged in the last years, so there's a big possibility that you could find exactly the software for your needs on a cheaper, even free option. On the plus side, MS Project supports really giant plans, as well as collaborative efforts and automation. The fact that it can be automated through code written in C# might be its more appealing feature for enterprises and large companies.

Like most MS software lately, this can be a memory and CPU hog. It really has tons of features so finding the right tool can be time-consuming. The usability could be much better, especially for my use case which is quick prototyping of projects in order to create budgets and proposals.

Software Engineer in USA
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

MS Project Review

Kommentare: With Microsoft project Manager my company can complete weekly and monthly milestones; we are changing our web-based applications for Hospitality Business Intelligence tool and using Microsoft project Manager we can accomplish deadlines and make our product better and clients happy. More and more issues are getting resolved faster with using Microsoft project Manager because we can tackle those daily tasks at hand. Microsoft project Manager is easy to share the project within our organization and anyone can edit it.

Microsoft project Manager is one of the best suitable software for getting customizable reports for any project. I am able to create milestones, goals, and set timelines within my department at work to complete daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly tasks. If in an event I have to move a task over Microsoft project Manager can determine automatically how long the milestone will be completed based on the due dates and timelines. Microsoft project Manager comes with the Microsoft Office Subscription, but that is only if you purchase the full or pro version. Moreover, Microsoft project Manager makes projects organization very easy and quickly make positive impact is business problems and management.

Microsoft project Manager can take time to learn and get adapted to different features of the product; Secondly, the product is pricy Microsoft project Manager does come standalone, but included in the pro version of Office is actually cheaper, the standalone can cost a lot.