Über SpotOn

Our hardware is robust and reliable, ready for the demands of hard-working restaurants, bars, storefronts, online stores, and more.

Erfahre mehr über SpotOn

Ease of use and price point. Team of support very strong.

This definitely needs fixed. There is a back up Internet that can be used but won’t turn on unless there is no connection at all.

Bewertungen zu SpotOn

SpotOn hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 149 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du SpotOn bereits verwendet?

Rick J.
Rick J.
Managing Director in USA
Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A True Game Changer

Kommentare: Restaurant owners share many of the same struggles in managing and growing their businesses. Issues such as real-time enterprise level reporting, back office updates immediately available on all stations, including their online ordering site, controlling labor cost, and payroll reporting. Additionally with the integration with third party delivery services, the cost savings by eliminating user error is proving to be a huge factor.
SpotOn Restaurant provides the tools and resources that are necessary for independents as well as multi-chain national brands.

The Freedom Group is a proud dealer of SpotOn Restaurant. We are a company that is passionate about serving our clients with great technology coupled with phenomenal service. SpotOn Restaurant allows us to bring real value to our clients on the technology front, while enabling us to offer a high level of support due to the cloud infrastructure.

As we have thoroughly enjoyed working with the entire SpotOn team, I do not have any cons to report.

Debbie B.
Office Manager in USA
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, Eischen's Bar and SpotOn

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: From the very beginning when we started using SpotOn only for credit cards we have felt valued as a customer. This value has only increased as we moved into the POS system. Our sales rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT] made sure if he did not know the answer he investigates and found it for us during our decision making process. He was very diligent in his response and overall communications and continues to be available for our needs. The support staff with SpotOn especially Don Bisbee has made sure our conversion to SpotOn's POS system was a very positive experience. He continues to check in and be available for all of our needs. Don spend many hours with us during the conversion and made sure we were extremely comfortable with the product before his next install. His attention to detail in regards to the KDS portion of the POS was invaluable. He is a great representative of SpotOn

This was our second POS system and the anxiety of change was high. SpotOn did a great job in working with us from the menu design through install date. We are a unique restaurant that is very set in our ways. SpotOn did a great job grasping our needs and adjusting / showing which portion of their software would work for us. The software is very user friendly and was easier to adjust to than expected. SpotOn has been very prompt with any questions/requests/problems we have come across thus eliminating them.

We include taxes with our food items and the existing Daily Sale Reports breakdown as net. We have been able to adjust our reporting to accommodate and SpotOn is always working on new reports. It would also be nice to have a product mix report you can run for a specific timeframe.

vor 2 Monaten

This is music to our ears! We appreciate your input and value your business. Thank you for the feedback on reporting; I've reached out to your account rep to try to help find a solution to the reporting limitation you're experiencing. We look forward to finding a solution for you!

Heidi G.
Controller in USA
Lebensmittelproduktion, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Regret switching to Spoton

1 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Customer service is typically easy to get ahold of. They try but sometimes it is beyond them and they send you up the chain and that is where I found that I got really no where. I couldn't figure out sales originally and I get passed to different people. A month later kind of figured it out but extremely time consuming. Due to flaws in the system. Supposedly going to get fixed but who knows when and it will not revert back so it will only be going forward. I personally would have not made the switch and now I know to ask a lot more detailed questions.
Ask to see marketing.
Ask to see reports and understand what the numbers mean and how it ties out.

I liked that Door Dash delivery was built into the system. Eventually got the menu setup the way I want it to look but it took a lot of hours and creative ways of getting it into the POS and then online ordering. Hours put in by me via customer support as they were not that helpful in regards to this.

The reporting is horrible. I need 3 reports to book 1 day sales. There are 3 different websites vs everything being on 1 website. You can't do a refund for an online order. You are required to call customer support or go to yet another website and request the refund. Only refunds that you can do is if remove the credit card info and reenter it. Menu creation did not go well. There is no audit trail and things are to easy to change. As soon as you change something there is no going back. It is done and updated. Should have a confirm before changing. Things would randomly change over night. I believe that Spoton people would go in and think they are fixing something but it would make it worse. Implementation did not go well due to so many menu issues. Ended up need to duplicate a number of items one for online ordering and one for the POS due to they don't work together. Some reports you can't view more than 1 day a time. Day of the week starts on a Monday vs a Sunday. Extremely annoying for me. Weekly reports are Monday - Sunday. Cant find a way to fix this. Marketing and loyalty are a joke. Marketing campaign does not tell you how much sales were done via a click through the campaign. The templates for marketing are not very good. If you still consider Spoton after this do not go for the marketing. There are better options out there for the same or less price. Sales tax has different amounts in the same report. They say to ignore one. So remove it.

vor 4 Wochen

We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had with reporting! I've alerted our success team and they will be reaching out to you shortly to help explain the reporting functionality. Please don't hesitate to reach out directly at support@spoton.com for additional assistance in the future.

Brad M.
VP in USA
Essen & Trinken, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

VIce President

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Amazing, I would say start to finish, however the communication and support has not stopped and its incredible to talk with people that want to help and make the systems the best they can be for your needs.

The implementation process was amazing allowing you to use the software for your individual needs and operations, Software helps bring all your needs under one platform, from operations to accounting, Consumer to wensite.

I have to say there really is nothing I am not happy about as it relates to the software. Working with the SpotOn team allowed us to adjust reporting, accounting and formulate into our system.

vor 3 Wochen

This is music to our ears! Thanks for the feedback, and we are looking forward to working together to grow your business for years to come.

Tim G.
Owner/President in USA
Restaurants, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

New customer

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: So far it has been positive. My menu builder, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was great, very friendly and engaging. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did our install and training and she was phenomenal, super friendly, fun, informative & thorough, I highly recommend her to anyone. My salesperson [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been great to work with as well.

The system is very user friendly, from both the front and back of house. We have yet to open but we are excited to see the system in action. The SpotOn team members I've dealt with to date have been very friendly.

As previously stated, we have not opened yet so we haven't encountered any problems to date.

Aaron S.
Manager in USA
Versicherung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Friendly usage and great technology

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I have worked with spoton for more than two years and I can tell that the terminal and software are reliable. I have never had an issue with them and whenever I have a question I contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and he is there to help. I have changed a couple of things in spoton and the level of response is fast. I can highly recommend it for any small and medium business.

Friendly use for not experienced people. And availability to use on phone and computer

That is not free. I pretty much like everything from this product

Mourad B.
Operator in USA
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

SpotOn is a one stop solution to any restaurant operations.

5 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: We have used SpotOn for several years and we are glad we switched to cloud based versus server based POS (Aloha).
Online ordering (OLO) and payments is seamless.

Flexibility, speed and reliability. Cloud based. Economical.

Nothing. It is a solid system. The company is working to improve loyalty program platform for users who need it.

letzte Woche

We're so happy to hear you're enjoying your SpotOn experience! Thanks for leaving us this feedback.

Katie K.
Restaurants, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I love Spoton!

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Well, we modified spoton and made it our online ordering system during lockdown.
It probably saved us $3k plus online ordering commissions.

Easy to use, modifications are easy, wide range of variables built in to customize to your restaurants needs.

I wish I could customize a blackout time for a specific section by day (instead of all seatings) versus editing the floorplan exceptions. Example: when I know it is going to be 100 degrees tomorrow, that I could create a blackout time, for the patio, from 430-630pm. Also, I wish we had more characters for reservation messaging. Lady, I wish we could require credit cards for Google reservations (the verification code confuses people). They think it is a confirmation code.

vor 4 Tagen

Thanks for your candid review, Katie! I'm really excited to share with you that we have some solutions for you. 1). Taking Deposits/Credit Card Holds through Google requires changes to the Google process, which we have not been able to do to this point. We will continue to try to get this capability through Reserve with Google. 2). Blocking reservations in a specific section during specific times of operation is currently in development and will be released later this year. 3). The program specifically limits texting to the 160 character carrier limit to control costs associated with the program and maintain Reserve's best value in the industry profile. 4). Reserve will be eliminating its use of verification codes for reservations with the upcoming June 2022 software update. We hope this helps!

Thianne K.
Operational Manager in USA
Essen & Trinken, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great experience and products

5 letzten Monat Neu

The product was easy to use and I enjoy how customizable the software is.

Integration with Dolce was not the smoothest but overtime we were able to get a handle on it

vor 3 Wochen

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We continue to improve and update our integrations and hope to have Dolce running even more smoothly very soon. If you have difficulties, please don't hesitate to reach out to us 24/7 at support@spoton.com for assistance.

William S.
VP in USA
Lebensmittelproduktion, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great Switch

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Its been great. Great sales support and continued support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been a great partner to work with through all of this which is crucial when doing this type of switchover.

It brought our retail stores into the modern times. With barcode scanners, inventory tracking, and item movement reports it is much easier to run the store remotely.

The time to onboard however this is inevitable when switching from a manual cash register to a smart POS system.

Brandy R.
Restaurants, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

SpotOn is exactly what restaurants need!!!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with SpotOn is our sales representative and has provided excellent onsite service. Every issue and question has been answered or addressed within hours if not minutes. The customer service team has been on top of any issue that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] could not personally handle. They are timely and informative. I can't say enough good about this company and software. A true breathe of fresh air!!!

SpotOn is easy to teach, easy to use and easy to customize on the fly for our daily changing business. After using another Restaurant POS system this one is what we should have started with. Wasted a ton of money with another vendor prior to finding SpotOn. This one integrates with my Payroll company seamlessly. The online ordering platform used was ridiculously easy and provides a more polished seamless look for my company.

I have not found a con with this software. It is exactly what my business needed.

Sunny C.
owner in USA

It really is "Spot ON"

Kommentare: Unfortunately, Point of sale systems are not easy. There will always be something you do get or don't like about them. Because we have a large menu with lots of customizations we had to do most of the work ourselves to set it up. But honestly it does make it so my team understands how to utilize the system which can be helpful. To be fair is is 2020 and everyone is overwhelmed so all in all I am a happy customer. The Reporting side of it is truly awesome! We have yet to use the customer loyalty part of the system but are looking to get that rolling soon.

The reporting back end of this software is amazing. We have a lot of items and modifiers so having the Spot on team be willing to work with us to nail every thing down was important.

There were quite a few glitches in the beginning and because of COVID things got lost in the mix especially with install and hardware fixes. The team is very overwhelmed and sometimes we have just not received follow up, follow through or accountability on issues. We have had a few customers complain that the OLO App. does not work on their phones. Weird glitches on some reports really set us back months which is a bummer.

Nick K.
Restaurants, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Changed the way I thought about Merchant Services!!!

Kommentare: Everything has been awesome. The idea of putting money into our system when ours was functional was a difficult one. But looking back it was just a matter of jumping. I haven't looked back and the money I've saved has more than offset any costs. Honestly though, the service isn't like anything I've seen from a merchant services company before. It'll be interesting to see if the other guys like Toast, Breadcrumb, etc. try to mimic their business model.

The reporting features are insane. I've been able to create custom subscriptions so that the reports that I love the most are just sent to me every Monday morning. The service is also incredible. Our rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], checks in with us regularly just to see how business is going and regularly offers creative ideas of how to increase revenue. It's like having a free in-house business consultant. When COVID-19 hit, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] called us immediately to start walking us through ideas that have kept us open. I also love that the software is cloud-based. I've had servers call me at home with issues that I was able to fix from my couch. HIGHLY recommend!!

This is the first time that I've actually paid a subscription for POS software so that took some getting over. We had Micros/Upserve before. But once I started utilizing the features that I was paying for I could see the value. Will never go back to the old PC in the back office.

Andrew D.

Game Changer

Kommentare: Spoton has been great from the start from the sales reps presentation to the feedback to the help and just the restaurant industry in general. Our rep had experience in restaurants so he showed us some tricks and shortcuts in creating our menu that was a huge plus for us. He also was very knowledgeable in marketing so he offered his guidance for free which helped us grow our business with online ordering.

The features I love best about SPOTON restaurant is the support and the ease-of-use. Sales reps was very knowledgeable and supportive. He trained 30 employees on site and was available instantly when we had questions. He was there the whole week when we started the product conversion and actually did some free advertising for us to show his support. He made us a believer in SPOTON and that showed us that SPOTON really does partner with their merchants with transparency low rates great reporting and all in all best restaurant point-of-sale on the market we have seen we are a spoton customers for life thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for introducing us to SpotOn Restaurant and all of its capabilities.

The only thing we really didn’t like about the software is the ability to use digital gift cards on the online ordering but we have we have been made aware that this is on its way in development.

Julia C.
Business Developement in USA

The best POS system I've ever used

Kommentare: The software is great, but the best part is the customer support! Real people that care about your business built your menu for you, do extensive menu reviews until it's 99% perfect, and then come install it and stay with you the whole first day! When you need manager or back-of-house training, they will dedicate hours to you to make sure you understand everything you need to know. And there's all kinds of cool bonuses, like the reporting app, manager app, and even social media review management!

I love that SpotOn is so intuitive and easy to use. The extensive reports are extremely helpful to gain valuable insight into your business, it comes with online ordering built-in (so you don't have to pay a 3rd party) and you can run multiple restaurants from one back office. Cloud-based means you can do all paperwork from anywhere, and the back office is extremely easy to navigate.

That more restaurants don't use it! It's annoying when I'm eating at a restaurant and it takes my waiter so long to put in orders, print checks, etc. I see them struggling and I want to go install SpotOn myself right then!

Rachael B.
General Manager in USA

Progressive POS

Kommentare: In the 6 months of using Spot On I have been more than pleased with the advancement of technology for this POS system. Coming from the older time of Aloha and Micros I have never used a POS that has created such ease for daily reporting, managing sales and labor, daily employee maintenance, menu maintenance, employee on-boarding, daily projections, and future forecasting . The real time feature that allows you to instantly make changes to any platform of the system allows for no lost time which is crucial in a high volume restaurant. The support team has been excellent with a level of personal attention that has always fallen through the cracks with other POS systems.

Progressive, accurate, and efficient point of sale technology.

The fact that I can do anything remotely LOL! Only a con that if I have personal time away from the restaurant they know I can access all systems and make any daily changes or admin that needs to be done but at the same time being able to sit on a beach and to do payroll isn't so bad :)

Chad V.
president in USA

spoton

Kommentare: our biggest problem was our level of customer service regarding order entry. Spot on solved a lot of these issues. Overall once Spot on was implemented and the bugs worked out it has been a great product.

The pros for our application -Being able to program a large menu and the software allowing modifications to menu items -QR code integration was huge win for customers being able to order and pay outside -Front facing displays work well and easy to use -Instacheckmate feature for seamless order entry -Overall support has been prompt with only a few glitches

Cons -We have had a few interruptions in service due to upgrade issues. I think mamangement took note that upgrades during midday rush was not a good time to upgrade systems -Gift cards require a seperate reader -it would be nice if menu modifier groups could have option displayed with the list of modifiers hiden unless the group is pressed -Has there been an update where we can retrieve speed of service reports based on the pos send time dn the order bump time

Bret A.
General Manager in USA

Glad I made the switch

Kommentare: Exellent! Customer service has fixed all issues with one call! I never need to call back or send an email again it has saved me time and MONEY!!!

Easy to use, great customization, awesome customer service, Sales Rep delivered as promised! Backend of system is easy to use, I have more control over my stores now! Also the add on features of Reserve which I will start using soon, loyalty programs and integrations are a plus!! I love the ability to control overrides on pricing, discounts, voids all from my phone and I can be anywhere!!

So its more of an inconvenience, in order for my phone to ping for a an override I must logged on, so it becomes a slight issue! Other than that its a great system!

Ben P.
Director of Innovation in USA
Restaurants, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Premium Features and Unrivaled Transparency

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: SpotOn continues to be an invaluable technology partner that listens well and proactively presents innovative solutions to drive our business forward.

True, cloud POS with the flexibility to run on a myriad of different hardware devices. It just works. Low-maintenance and reliable even at high-volume restaurants. An innovative and evolving platform that adapts quickly to the changing needs of the restaurant industry. Transparent pricing with no long-term contracts. The sales and implementation teams were there every step of the way. User-friendly. Training our service teams was simple and exciting. Robust suite of features: DoorDash Drive, Waitlist/Reservation Management, Online Ordering, Marketing/Loyalty.

Would like a more robust first-party delivery module and/or more delivery integrations and more best-in-breed integrations in general.

Robin S.
Managing Partner in USA

Bar Review

Kommentare: Overall very user friendly.

Spot On is very easy to use. Great for training new employees to this industry.

hotline support is weak. return calls are very slow.

Harshil P.

Hidden Charges

Kommentare: I wasn't aware of installation charges If I knew it I wouldn't have them to come and install the POS which I could do very easily. I paid $750.00 which was automatic payment taken from my bank account.

Its really great for Restaurants

Speed and easy to operate

Daniel R.
GM in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Loma Brewing Company

Kommentare: SpotOn has been terrific right from the beginning. I've used multiple POS and this is the best thus far

Love the ease of use, reporting, and customer service

QR code program needs review. As we move into counter service from full service structure, it needs to be easier for the guest

Steuart W.

Antonio’s for SpotOn

Ease of use, customization, and back end reporting are amazing. Far more business analytics than most people will ever use. Customer support is incredible!!

There’s not really anything we don’t like. It’s easy to use and the support team keeps us going when we need to change or update something.

Brian B.
President/owner in USA
Essen & Trinken, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Stands out from others

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Spot on has allowed me to consolidate multiple processes into one manageable platform. I can run 90% of my financial off one program that has been tailored to my needs by the spot on crew.

It’s complete customizable dash allows you to have it your way. The ability to set reporting is also a huge plus. Once set up the way you want it, it becomes second nature and its ease of use is superb.

It took a while in the beginning to figure it all out and learn how I really wanted it set up. After the learning curve it became smooth sailing.

Nick L.
Operations Manager in USA
Restaurants, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Loma Brew 'Head of Spot On'

Kommentare: My overall experience has been great with Spot On. I am 100% pro Spot On and would recommend it to almost anyone. The longer we've had it, the better it's gotten.

MY favorite thing about Spot On is how easy the BOH Management interface is to use. I love how I am able to adjust just about anything in seconds without having to wait on hold for an hour to adjust one menu item. Everything is pretty self explanatory, I just had to use it for a bit, but the more I use it the more I understand it.

The QR Codes have issues that other platforms seem to not have, starting tabs, glitches where people can't move to the next screen, no "guest login" option. We have an older crowd in our town and it isn't all that easy for them to use.