Über Postbox

Postbox ist eine leistungsstarke, voll funktionsfähige und ansprechende E-Mail-Anwendung. Kostenlose 30-Tage-Testversion verfügbar für macOS und Windows.

Erfahre mehr über Postbox

Postbox combines the core features I need for an email app with an excellent support team.

For some reason, Postbox fails to see it. Is there anyone at Postbox, to whom I've paid for the app, to contact about this.

Bewertungen zu Postbox

Postbox hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 182 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Postbox bereits verwendet?

Milton
Milton
IT - Designer in Spanien
Design, Selbstständig

Manage your email in a professional way

Kommentare: My overall experience has been really satisfactory, being able to take my email management to another level. Labeling and filing in an easy, fast and productive way. Easily searching for all my information.

All the features are great, maybe because it is super intuitive (Thunderbird style). I have wanted to pay for it, because it had special features that have made my email handling efficient and productive.

I honestly don't see any missing function.

Laura
Distinguished Service Professor in USA
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Overall good product but with a few annoyances

Kommentare: Overall, my experience has been positive. It would be nice to be able to request a feature and receive a response from Postbox staff as to whether there is any possibility of implementation.

Postbox is relatively easy to use. The overall interface and design are well-done, which contributes to ease of use. Postbox has powerful search features and searches are rapid, after initial indexing has occurred. The ability to quickly filter by contact name or by other message characteristics is also very nice. Displaying just the names of attachments and being able to quickly review them is a big plus.

The most annoying feature for me is that selecting a topic for a message will add that topic to the entire message conversation. Often I want to tag different emails in the conversation with a different topic tag but this isn't possible. I've used Postbox for many years, but as my number of saved emails has accumulated, I need to be able to categorize them individually so this "feature" is increasingly leading me to consider other email software options.

S
website and marketing manager in UK
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Fantastic but please, lets have traditional scrollbars back

3,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Fantastic functionality, frustrating UI.

I cannot work without Postbox's advanced smart folder options. Unlike Outlook 2019, a Postbox smart folder can monitor any number of inboxes and local folders. For anybody running a business, this is totally invaluable.

Yes, I do have cerebral palsy so have greater difficulty with the "thin, no clickble arrows scrollbar" trend that has ruined many great applications. Why do it Postbox developers? People just want to work. Please, follow MusicBee's example and use your themes to offer the choice between the two types of scrollbars.

Antony
Software Manager in UK
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Feature packed but simple to use

Kommentare: Very easy to set up. Simple to add accounts. Loads of features for the more advanced user. Just works.

Easy to get started but there a loads of features which become more useful as you use it more. I tried a lot of email clients before finding Postbox.

I find the name difficult to remember! Very ocassional oddity with bullet points.

Bridget
Producer in Australien
Rundfunkmedien, Selbstständig

Simplicity is the key!

Kommentare: I am able to work over multiple email boxes, be quick in my responses (as a quick reply option!) and i can change my email signatures with ease. I am really enjoying the program so far.

I like that it is very user-friendly, simple to use and does what I need. It does not go over the top on extra things that you don't actually need when sending and working on emails. No gimmicks, simple and easy. I can make changes to suit my needs very quickly, without having to navigate a whole load of items that are not required. The support is good, and there are videos if you get stuck. But for me, it is the simplicity of it all, that it is quick and easy, I can change the default theme with 1 click, and it only took a few minutes to set up how I wanted it.

It is yet to have a calendar added to it, but I can use others until that comes in. Also, it does not separate clearly how old emails are, it would be great to have a divider between each day's emails, just so it shows more clearly.

Tiago
Nothing in Niederlande
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

The best, its a nice surprise

Kommentare: Simple, fast, with all things you really need.

I thought the download was just a generic email manager, but when I started to configure it, I realized that I'm not a technician and don't usually work with these kinds of things. I just have too many emails to manage. To my surprise, after 15 minutes of following the site's instructions, everything was done. All my emails were separated into folders with auto filters. I didn't encounter any difficulties, so I gladly paid for it and supported the developers.

"Don't have AI support. The interface is a little confusing in the beginning, but it is customizable."

Christian
Engineering Consultant in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Clean and nice Email client to keep productivity up

Kommentare: I like it a lot: easy to use, lightweight and still powerful. Exactly what I need for emailing.

The clearly and logical structured user interface that never leaves you wondering where the function you are looking for might be hidden.The wonderful filter by contacts is one of those great features of Postbox... if not the best!

Difficult to say... maybe the lack of a powerful spam filter in the default setup. But that's nothing that can't be fixed. I'm still happy with my selection.

Flavio
Self-employed in Kolumbien
Musik, Selbstständig

Great work!

Kommentare: I can't speak yet about their support as I haven't had any exchanges yet. On the positive side, I haven't needed to contact them. Their getting started tutorials are excellent and comprehensive, and so is their knowledge base, for what I've seen so far, the app is very well documented.

LOVED the flexibility and slick design and powerful features. It feels really modular and that it will accommodate my particular workflow.

It would be great if one could additionally customize the icons themselves, at least the colors, also to eliminate the toolbar on top altogether, but I rest content :)

Customer Support Manager in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My Go-To Email Software!

Kommentare: I have been using Postbox for the past several years and it has become my go-to desktop email client. It is able to handle my many emails that I get daily on my several email accounts, both work and personal.

Ease of use, available options, visual styles

There is nothing that I can think of that it doesn't do

Johnny Ace
Johnny Ace
Account Manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Streamlinec communications for the multi-preneur

Kommentare: As a user with multiple projects for multiple enterprises going at the same time, I found myself missing communications or misplacing threads because of the sheer volume. Postbox has helped me to better navigate the deluge of email communications that I receive, and to filter what is necessary to focus on now and what can be stored away. I appreciate the tagging and image search features especially.

The ability to combine all of my email inboxes intelligently, with deep search and filtering capabilities that help me to not miss anything from my various projects.

Would love to be able to extend these functionalities to my iOs devices

President in USA
Verlagswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I can't function without Postbox!

Kommentare: My job requires reading, accurately filing away, and responding to hundreds of email messages each business day. I've used dozens of other email clients and none of them can hold a candle to Postbox. For better or worse, I am hopelessly addicted to this tool.

There are so many features that Postbox has that I depend on day to day, I'm not sure where to start. I think the most useful for me personally is the ability to color-code messages and assign topics to them. "Accounting" is green. "Contracts" are orange. "Urgent" is red. "Publicity" is fuchsia. It's simple to categorize my email by urgency and topic this way. After that, the quick-move feature that also exists in the Gmail web interface that allows you to easily label and file/archive messages is great. They expanded that with the new "copy" feature which I am also using a lot. Even some of the lesser-used but advanced features quickly come around as must-haves. One example is the new "clips" feature, which allows you to easily stylize outgoing messages to really let your emails stand apart from others in a long email chain. It's very useful. With the new version 7, we can also choose from a number of attractive themes which make the interface look very slick.

I have experienced some instability from time to time, but to be fair, I run about a half dozen separate email accounts consisting of hundreds of thousands of messages through Postbox every day. I also noticed that the software became much more stable after I upgraded to MacOS Mojave from High Sierra, so these matters were apparently not Postbox related, but instead OS related. To be honest, I have few complaints about the software, and the few times I have ever had to contact support, they have been extremely responsive and helpful.

Frank
Administrator in Deutschland
Computer-Vernetzung, Selbstständig

Postbox for selfemployed users

Kommentare: I manage all my business and private mails. And that does Postbox very good. It is much better than Outlook and a little bit better than Mozilla Thunderbird in the usability. But the other two have the better groupware and collaboration features (with add-ons).

In Postbox I like how easy it is to manage a lot of mailboxes (to group them for example in "business" or "private"). A big advantage is a very good "3-pane-view" and the quick filters for "unread" or "with attachement" or VIP persons. Then it is very easy to forward received attachements in a new mail with this sidebar in the compose window where you can see the last received attachements.

For business use I miss two things really much: integration of CardDAV to use my contacts that are stored in my private Nextcloud. So at the moment I have in Postbox different contacts than on my smartphone and tablet. And I miss also the CalDAV integration with an internal calendar. Some years ago there was a calendar add-on. So it is difficult to save or accept invitations directly to a calendar. Maybe a task management would also be nice (also together with the Nextcloud server).

Karen
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

I think this is the best email client available

Kommentare: I'm extremely happy with this client. When you are using an app nearly all day, you'd better love your email program. They get everything right.

I've been using email clients daily since Netscape days in the 90s. I think this is, by far, the best and most full-featured email program available today. I've worked with/tried many over the years. Particularly great is the "Responses" feature, that allows you to insert saved email snippets. I use it dozens of times a week to simplify my outgoing correspondence. If you've been agonizing about which client to use, I think I can save you a bunch of time (as I agonized, too). Very happy with this client--have been using now for about 4 years.

I've had an older version for awhile (I have an older Mac OS to preserve using some expensive design software), and they only provide online tech support for the most current version. But I'm running the most current version on another computer and it's very responsive online support.

Nawaf
GM in Kuwait
Einzelhandel, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

My personnel take

Kommentare: Overall It would have got a full rating if it was not for the tech support being billable considering I am a licensed user, and the fact of not having the basic ability to export accounts on the fly to another machine or same machine for a clean OS install, atleast the option to backup imap accounts / settings not folders should be standard.

Very clean light software easy to install, used this on my mac as well as windows with minimal issues. I like the theme option with the software and the ability to organize accounts groups as well as folders etc easily on the fly. There are still many features I have yet to explore but the most part I like most is the stability of the software.

The export functions for existing email accounts regardless of it being POP or IMAP needs to become a standard feature, as I have plus 20+ email account and sometimes I tend to move from one computer to another the part of not being able to just click and export my existing settings is tedious. Another fair feature that one would ask for is for those who have a valid license then the tech support should at-least be free of charge and not billed per request.

Burak
Director in Türkei
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Effective, simple but comprehensive

Been using Postbox for years now. I think started with version 3 and they are at v7 now. Continuously being developed it is a smart tool for anyone using they Mac as an office place! I am constantly on my computer and sending & receiving emails. It is a hassle free piece of software. Setting up is no different or difficult then any other mail software. I migrated from Outlook (back then) and it was far easier to use and was very easy to adjust to.

I have not managed to figure out how to import my settings and email to a new computer and I dont think the information available online explains it well. This weekend I have re-setup my MAC twice and both of the times I tried to import rather than having to setup all over again but failed. Luckily I am using my email accounts with IMAP connections so it was easy to sync but importing I did not manage. Also, I had to go to Mojave from Catalina and there were issues (stemming from Catalina I think). Back to Mojave and have no issues.

Margaret
Bookkeeper in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Simplifies my email

I have used Postbox since before gmail was so common. I originally kept an archive of all my emails. It became onerous on my old computer. When I got a new computer, I didn't install Postbox immediately, and tried other programs. I really missed the threading, the signature, the search, and the ability to flag messages. I reinstalled Postbox after trying other programs and I can't believe how much easier it is to handle email. I am no longer archiving messages on my computer, but am using a cloud service. The speed issue has disappeared.

I have no complaints at this point in time.

Jonathan
Software Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Great user interface and powerful features

Kommentare: Overall I am much happier with Postbox than the official Apple Mail client. The interface is better and can be customized with themes. The software also is more reliable than Apple's offerings, and is solid, reliable software.

Clean, customizable user interface (with themes). Speed, performance, and reliably are top notch. Message filters make life easier.

With the addition of themes, it would be nice to be able to create your own and import/export themes. Undoing the deletion of messages (via Edit > Undo) can be a slow operation, but otherwise the software is fast.

C L "Rocky"
Owner/Operator in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

What a fantastic product

Kommentare: Since I replaced MS Outlook 2019 with Postbox, I have been like relieved that it is doing what I want it to do when I want it to do it.

It has totally taken me away from my Outlook application.

Can't say I don't like anything about this product. So far, it has done everything that I want it to.

Robert
Strategic Planner in USA
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Better for my needs

Kommentare: I had found that Outlook was not meeting my needs in the areas of searching for items, having an interface that allowed more than one way of navigating, the storage of emails in IMAP folders, the general look and feel and the stability. Postbox addressed those needs for me and since I spend so much time in email, the look and feel is important to my daily existence and experience. So small differences matter and big improvements matter even more. Thank you Postbox!

What I enjoy most about Postbox is the ability for me to customize it to my needs. I also enjoy the new features that allow me to quickly form communications and sort my incoming emails.

It seems that each time I have a limitation I go to the help and they have an answer. Being a busy person I don't have the time to learn every feature, but I am glad they are there.

Don
Pastor in Kanada
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Postbox: My Correspondence Manager

Kommentare: First I like the ease of use. I know I haven't scratched the surface on all the Postbox provides and I am making the usual mistakes that a learner makes . I like the appearance. I like the speed.

Because of my position as pastor, plus my personal correspondence and personal writing aspirations and believe it or not still studying it was necessary that I have several email addresses. This got to be rather copious until I found a provider that serviced my emails under one roof. Unfortunately this service became rather unpredictable not always giving me access to my email boxes so I began the hard search for a similiar service.

I am from the old school and when I had a registration problem I had trouble getting someone to respond. I have had a long working career, ie transportation, customer service, Social Services, the church and I like to have a means to get a hold of someone to listen and help. But persistence paid off I got the help I needed. And I have to consider that we are in a very unique unpredictable time right now. Bottom line.....I got the help I needed.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Only a limited version of Thunderbird with better design

Kommentare: Until version 5, the mail client was still worth its money. Today with version 7 I wouldn't buy it again because I get Thunderbird for free which is much more customizable thanks to the support of extensions. In addition, I noticed that the Thunderbird client on which the software is based is certainly not up to date because I get for Thunderbird here much more often updates which also affect the security.

The design is currently the only positive thing I noticed about the software. Otherwise there are not really many positive things about this mail client.

It is not possible to use extensions. No external spam filters possible. Some of the features like "preferred topics" do not work as expected. The folder management is more than cumbersome.

Peter
Manager in Südafrika
Gastgewerbe, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best Email client

Kommentare: Very happy with the smooth operation and setup.

Ease of use. Powerful search options. Integration with Gmail

Not really. Most features are adequately covered.

Charles
Retired in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Postbox Meets My Needs

Postbox was very easy to setup and use, and I like the personalization options and the many themes available.

I would like to see a dialog box pop up when checking for new mail. The tiny little line at the bottom of the screen is very hard to read!

Claire

Great Software

Kommentare: I've been using this software for many many years now. I love it, and I wish that one day they would support Exchange ActiveSync. It still works great with IMAP, but that's like so 2013. But I can't say how much I love this software. I've Purchased every single version of the day it was released.

easy to use superfast lots of great automation tools for email

no exchange support unless IMAP Avast and this software don't like each other. But do some things with avast and import to the postbox. The knowledge base is a bit out of date; they should clean up a bit. But points for having every version data up.

Tammie
Carer in UK
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Fantastic third party email software

Ease of use. Simple to set up. It looks 'clean' and not at all cluttered like some other third party email software. It's spacious. The themes are quite good too. I like colour coding certain emails so at a glance I know what they're to do with.

Only that I can't seem to work out folders, but maybe that's just me.