Über SoftMaker Office

Microsoft Office-kompatible Anwendungssuite. Die Lösung besteht aus TextMaker, PlanMaker, Presentations und BasicMaker (nur für Windows).

Erfahre mehr über SoftMaker Office

It is free software with ease of installation and use.

The reason I uninstalled it was that, having started a template, it disallowed me from opening that same document the next time, saying I'd have to pay to do so.

Bewertungen zu SoftMaker Office

SoftMaker Office hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 13 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du SoftMaker Office bereits verwendet?

Sandra
Director of Nursing in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Affordable Single Purchase Price.

Kommentare: Softmaker Office has features comparable to Microsoft 365 yet it is more affordable and I have the freedom to choose a single purchase in place of a subscription. The quality is above and beyond what I anticipated.
I would rather it had a feature like Microsoft teams, it's something I really used a lot and that is highly beneficial. An integrated email would better the experience as well.
I do reccomend considering Softmaker Office. If you don't often work as a group it's perfect.

- Affordable subscription or single purchase price. - Implementation in a reasonable amount of time. - Performs rather well in any condition. - Formatting is more compatible. - Strong word proccessor. Spreadsheets. - Two different setups/looks. Android mobile app for easy access.

- Not as beneficial to groups -- No team solution. - Different setup takes time to learn. - No P.D.F. import.

Antwort von BinaryNow

Hello Sandra, Thank you sharing your experience with us. If you are looking for a rich email client then try Thunderbird from https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/ If you need edit PDF files then try FlexiPDF from https://alternative2office.org/softmaker-flexipdf/ and do not forget to share your experience with FlexiPDF on this web site.

Eduardo
Consultant in Philippinen
Unternehmensberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

SoftMaker Office can replace MS for many use-cases

Kommentare: I consider this an affordable replacement for MS Office. It solves the problem of cost. The free version is there for anyone to try. The paid version is very economical. I appreciate that they have a subscription and a buy forever options as well.

Among all the office suites I have tried, this has got to be the best when it comes to compatibility with MS Office files. It's a compatibility nightmare, especially on large docs, spreadsheets and presentations. Formatting is, gladly, preserved better on Softmaker than it is when opening MS Office files on other office suites. I also appreciate that it has a dedicated button for converting to PDF. I convert a lot of docs to PDF, and using the print function feels like an outdated work-around compared to the 2-click solution Softmaker has.

The interface does feel outdated since it resembles the MS Office of decades past. But that is a small sacrifice to pay for compatibility. Also with particular spreadsheets, it has this tendency to convert fonts to its own defaults. This only happens with spreadsheets from one source so I am guessing there is something in the settings on the files they send me that is messing up how Softmaker renders fonts.

Antwort von BinaryNow

Thank you for your feedback. SoftMaker Office 2021 offer two user interfaces, traditional menu based, which is currently maybe outdated but some users still prefer it and modern ribbon style toolbar. Simply rights click toolbar and pick the one you like the most and software will remember it and use it when you start it next time. We believe that users, not vendor should be able to pick their UI experience and that is why we elected to support old UI as well and give user the choice.

Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Disappointing experience during the trial of this software.

Kommentare: Disappointing.

I liked that it seemed a bit easier to create a template in the TextMaker app, compared to MS Word.

The reason I uninstalled it was that, having started a template, it disallowed me from opening that same document the next time, saying I'd have to pay to do so!

Antwort von BinaryNow

Hello, Did you use a FreeOffice or a trial version of SoftMaker Office 2021 after its expiration? Photo frames and AutoShape templates are available only in paid, not free version and you can fully test it during the first 30 days of your trial. You can download trial here: https://alternative2office.org/downloads/ If you experience any issue or need further help during your evaluation, please contact us by email at custserv@binarynow.com

Eero
Manager in UK
Unterhaltungselektronik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Functional office package with pre-365 vibes

Kommentare: I want to buy my software and install it, and avoid monthly fees if possible. This is why SoftMaker is great. The user interface could be a bit more modern, but all in all, this is very useful software, if not for the highest rank of super users.

I never got used to the monthly payments of Office 365. I prefer to buy my software once and use it for long time. After all, the office-type software has not really bought any new and useful features to the table since the 90s. This is what I like about SoftMaker Office. It feels like MS Office used to feel, install the software and it is yours.

The user interface could be a bit more modern. There are some things that disturb me especially in Planmaker, which is the "Excel" of SoftMaker.

Howard
Director in Australien
Verlagswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

More than a 'replacement'

Kommentare: We have used SoftMaker Office for many years and have always found it wholly reliable. On the occasions we have needed tech support it has been swift and helpful.

The most important feature for me is that the software suite is regularly updated and shows a logical and timely development strategy. This is reassuring for anyone looking to use SoftMaker Office in place of MS offerings. That said, I also appreciate the convenience of being able to carry the software on a USB and use it wherever I happen to be on any computer if I'm travelling without a laptop. The other important feature for me is one that may not interest others too much: I like fact that I can save documents in SoftMaker's proprietary format. I know the big selling point is that it can save in MS Office formats (and it does, and very well, too), but it means I can develop large documents with many contributors and keep the consolidated version in the .tdmx format, and never confuse versions. A secondary advantage is being able to open MS Office documents without worrying about macro viruses. The macro language is relatively easy to use and quite powerful enough for our purposes.

There's nothing I don't like about the software. The only feature we miss is Word's superior multipage printing features. I'd love to see them replicated in TextMaker.

Antwort von BinaryNow

Thank your for review. Stay tuned for SoftMaker Office 2021 Upgrade later this year.

Dr. Binoy
Dr. in Indien
Medizinische Praxis, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

The best cheaper alternative for Microsoft Office without losing any functionality

Kommentare: I have tried different office apps like Atlantis Word Processor, Ashampoo Office, Libre office, MS Office, Apple iwork etc.
Softmaker provides the best experience so far when you take it as a collective bundle of apps. Individually I prefer Atlantis Word Processor, Apple Keynote and Microsoft Excel, but no other software bundle is as compact as a whole. It's also the best offline office software.

Cross platform availability, easy to use for anyone who has used Microsoft office and the smaller size of the software compared to MS office

The updates are buggy at times and feels like a beta version, especially with softmaker NX. Sometimes the presentations made look weird and rough when you play them using MS office. At times it takes too long to load. Google docs/slides is better if you work online.

Antwort von BinaryNow

Thank you for your review and for using SoftMaker Office for years.

Alexandre
Automation Engineer in Kanada
Industrieautomation, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Can fulfill the functions of a text editor

Kommentare: I decided to install it because at the moment I didn't have a Microsoft license and I didn't even have an Outlook account anymore. I needed to install something urgently on my computer. I ended up leaving it on the computer because I didn't feel the need to look for another program.

It is free software with ease of installation and use. It has the paid version, but the free version manages to meet the basic needs of everyday life. It reminds a lot of Word and you can install it on both Windows and Linux. One of the advantages is that you are not required to have a Microsoft account.

I had no problem with this software and I found it even better than libre office.

Antwort von BinaryNow

Thank you for your review. Here is a comparison between free and paid version. https://alternative2office.org/office-suite/softmaker-freeoffice-2021-vs-softmaker-office-2021/

Angela
Angela
CEO in USA
Grafikdesign, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Efficient and simple office solution.

Kommentare: Overall I would recommend this product to anyone who is willing to try something new but like the familiarity of the old. Get's the ob done.

This came across my desk as part of a solution on a laptop purchased. All my favorite solutions in a familiar way. This is a go-to software for making documents and spreadsheets. I dont use it much for presentations but it is way easy if needed. This is much of what we remember with some updated functions. And no more converting docs. This solution is integrated and does it all for you. It seems small but it is saving me so much time. Its fast and efficient and does the trick without over crowding space on my computer. Honestly, it's so close to Microsoft office that I thought it was Microsoft office at first. I tried the free trial and never looked back. And I love the personal touches like the "free font of the month."

The support for this is online only. No calls and no 24/7 support, and often times too much Googling.

Animation, Selbstständig

there is a free trial but not worth the money

Kommentare: its easy use i only tried the trial and not for long so can't comment on all features but free trial should be unlimited for office suites now adays.

compatibility with other word documents is easy, the features are easy to find with two toolbars or ribbons the new one and the classic style before their update

its cost money, to be honest there is a bunch of free alternatives for office suites so the features in this one don't make it seem worth it.

Antwort von BinaryNow

Thank for the review and trying trial. There is a free, feature limited version of SoftMaker Office, called FreeOffice. Here is comparison between free and paid versions. http://www.binarynow.com/office-suite/softmaker-freeoffice-comparison-softmaker-office-2018/ There is also Standard and Professional paid version: http://www.binarynow.com/products/softmaker-office/compare-editions/ This way everyone can get what they need and want.

Lav
Software engineer in Kanada
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Awesome tool

Kommentare: Overall experience is great and as I said this is much cheaper.

Great tool and cheaper alternative to other similar softwares. We use this every day and are happy with it.

None. It works great and is very useful. We don't see any issues with the software.

Raúl
Mechanical Designer in Spanien
Architektur & Planung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Another office tool

The fastest and easy to use, the compatibility to make documents valids from Microsoft Office

Whe open the documents with Microsoft software ther are some changes in formats.

Antwort von BinaryNow

Hello Raul, Thank you for using a free version. Here is a comparision between free and paid version: https://alternative2office.org/office-suite/softmaker-freeoffice-2021-vs-softmaker-office-2021/

Thabile
Creative director in Südafrika
Unternehmensberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Edit on the go

Kommentare: The software makes it easy to present your documents weather on your phone or laptop and you can easily store everything on the cloud

I like how the software has over 20 spell checks and advanced features like cross references and footnotes

I feel like softmaker is a perfect replacement for Microsoft word and really easy to use

Alexander
Student in USA
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Good Software

Kommentare: My overall experience was positive.

The software works well and did everything I needed it to. It worked just as well as other similar software such as Microsoft office.

The interface could have been a little bit nicer to look at, however that is just a personal preference.