Filtern nach:

Über AutoBid Mechanical

Estimating software for piping and plumbing contractors with an accurate and easy to use tool to develop competitive bids.

Erfahre mehr über AutoBid Mechanical

Chief Operating Officer in Indien
Essen & Trinken

Its so nice to see this kind of software product when a difficult in handling the complex designs.

Kommentare: We got a very nice experience in handling the multiple clients projects at one go. I will definitetly recommend to my healthy customers to use.

Very much user friendly and simple to set-up. As a customer we can do so many projects at one go without any difficulty in handing the clients requirement. One go many projects can run.

Cost of product can be minimised based on the number of users in the company. Little bit of training is do required while you are using for the first time.

Charles T.
Mechanical Estimator in
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Hands down the fastest, most accurate, customizeable Mechanical Estimating Software available.

Speed of takeoff and ease of everyday use! Mostly because of automatic fitting generation. You click at a 90 degree angle and you get a 90. Click perpendicular to the pipe and you get a tee or reducing tee. If the reducing tee is not manufactured, the software figures out how to make the reductions by selecting fittings that a available. If the main material (ie steel) and the branch material are different (ie copper) the software know how to handle the transition (dielectric fitting and adapters). When your not wasting time counting up 1/2" 90's etc. you can spend your time focused on the big items like value engineered alternates, shopping equipment and subs, and ways to out smart your competition. No other mechanical estimating product (and I've looked at them all) are even close when it comes to speed, accuracy and ease of use.

On-screen pdf files may not import cleanly. Something they need to work on. Some of the underlining data tables can be intimidating at first.

Brian K.
Estimator in USA

Not what it used to be

Kommentare: Recent tech support does not have field experience. They tend to just delete problems and not actually fix WHY a problem has occurred. Had I not asked a few questions regarding the latest version (2018v2) I would not have known it was NOT the actual version I was running even though it clearly showed the version number. An all new stand alone install had to be done, sending me back to square one with the program as if new out of box.

Pro:The ability to set up joints to pick up the transition parts such as going from CS to copper, (like a weld-o-let die-electric nipple and copper adapter). Importing direst from Trimble's Trade Service is great. Cons (continued) I have been using onscreen takeoff programs for about 15 years. This is an old program that requires way to many mouse clicks. No usable hot keys.

Set up of the program takes a LOT of time and tends to be an ongoing project as you add items. Updates are few and far between. The updates are often are buggy leaving you with unexplained errors. Version 2017 had enough issues that the new 2018v2 version is a stand alone version requiring you to start all over. Supplied spread sheets can not be customized any more.

Rob H.
Estimator in

My Review

Kommentare: Very detailed oriented. Being able to virtually customize it is almost worth the price. It has all the bells and whistles you want, and others you haven't thought of but they did. More geared to the mechanical contractor than the plumbing contractor but that being said, it more than handles any and all plumbing projects with ease.

Will do anything and everything you want after set up, from taking off, to sending out for quotes, to pricing.

The time that is required to fully understand it, and use it with a secure comfort level will differ, depending on the user and his familiarity with estimating programs, but it will take a while till you're able to do a quote fast and efficiently.

Jim G.
Estimating Manager in

AutoBid Mechanical

Kommentare: I hoped Tra-Ser would make adding new products to the system easier but from what I saw at Converge it's not. I have been using HPH since the beginning.

I have used ABM since 1985. I like how easy it is to use. I like the way we can breakdown our estimates.

My biggest complaint is when I add a new product. It's a long process. I also wish it was easier to customize the reports.

David M.
Plumbing Estimator in

AutoBid works for me

i am able to create accurate proposals responsive tech support detailed report sheets interface with trade service

the errors are sometimes difficult to fix. Some of the systems that I use everyday didn't come out of the box and it's not that easy to make new systems

Burton T.
estimator in

Estimator

Kommentare: good program if you don't use the refrigeration part for piping. Programmers might want to get with refrigeration manufacturers to get the common pipe sizes required for their systems and include it in the program to eliminate errors that are quite common.

easy to use and get material totals in a customized order. you also can get cost of materials or quote if so choose. Its easy as you can also include elevation changes by just clicking in tools.

For refrigeration I get a lot of errors in the pipe sizing and need to size pipe up to normal size. Due to this I do not use program when I do VRF systems.

Russell W.
Owner in
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

I love how fast you can do a take off

Kommentare: I love the product and speed. I have issues with the handling of the discounts and my pricing services.

I love how fast you can do a take off. This software allows you to do the take off in a fraction of time. You did when I had to do it by hand.

The set up as daunting as a plumber from the field. I’m fine getting the discount in Somewhat of a problem Living in Canada I find there’s issues with the pricing service I have to use.

Shawn C.
Plumbing and Heating Manager/Estimator in
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

AutoBid has helped with time management in cutting down estimating times.

Kommentare: Canadian material pricing.

AutoBid has great functionality and has been easy to implement. Ease of reporting at great level has also been an asset to track and cost control.

Exiting out of the take off to get other options, like reporting. Also some of the terminology on fittings is outdated for Canadian user like myself.

Mike C.
Project Manager/Estimator in

Mechanical Estimating Software

Simple setup, can estimate multiple different systems and products very easily. There are many reports you can run to make it easy for the pre-construction and operation teams.

It is a very expensive program to have. It will be nice if they can lower the price so companies can have more seats than trying to minimize the number of seats they have.

Scott B.
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

I bought and implemented Autobid in my company 17 years ago.

I've really liked the support over many years. These people have become my friends. They always listen to what is going on with us. When we have issues, they make them go away.

Trimble has this huge conference and we end up not talking to anybody and not networking except in our classes. The huge group is so diverse you don't connect with anybody because you don't want to end up talking to some stranger in a way different industry at the conference for a completely different purpose.

Matthew M.
Estimator in

Estimator

On screen takeoff tools, reporting and ease of manipulation of take-off (box-in, copy, remove and replace).

Difficult to understand database, cant talk to other Trimble products like Accubid, Sheetmetal, they dont look and feel the same. Design build jobs are clunky and cant transfer to precon easily. Need to make notes and comments.

Alex R.
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

This is my first year using the software

Our rep tells us what is being considered for the next version of AutoBid and breaks down the features in a way that helps me apply features to a job I would other wise not have.

I don't like going off site and how the timing was set up. I would also would like to see the lesson screen caps and available, if only for a month.

Keith S.

I been using AutoBid since 1996

At the conference, you get to meet peers and share your ideas and experiences. I also enjoyed walking the product show to see what new technologies will be coming to our offices and project sites.

We had to be bused off site to go to a computer labs. This wastes time and takes away from classes.

David G.
Assistant Campus Architect in
Architektur & Planung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Improve accuracy and efficiency

Kommentare: Trimble's on screen view and specification based approach to setting up and estimate make preparing an estimate more thorough and efficient. The audit trail is excellent and allows for effective double checking.

Andrew L.

Best Product for Plumbing Takeoff

I like the freedom to customize the systems and the smart board feature is fantastic.

Autobid Mechanical has occasional glitches, which are sometimes difficult to resolve without calling Tech support.

Office Staff in USA

Time Saver!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Depending on what time you ask, it can be either frustrating, incredible, or a combination of the two.

I recently started using this product. It's not very user friendly at first, but once you start understanding the way the system works, it's a time-saving bidding software!

It is hard to learn, it's not very intrinsic like some programs (do this, then this, etc.) but I think once you get the hang of it, it's worth it.