Über Coda

Coda ist ein neues Dokument, das Wörter, Daten und Teams zusammenführt.

Erfahre mehr über Coda

The Coda community is very active, I love the Coda Blog. There are so many possibilities.

This feature is currently missing and makes the software difficult to use for managing a large team with multiple documents.

Bewertungen zu Coda

Coda hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 93 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Coda bereits verwendet?

Emily

Stan
Stan
Executive Board in Niederlande
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good now, only getting better

Kommentare: I've been using Coda since the closed beta, and I've been blown away by their vision for the future and the speed with which they're implementing new functions.

Other than Slack and e-mail, Coda is the main infratstructure for our organization. The flexibility and being able to set everything up and automate exactly to our liking is fantastic

It's a fairly new product, which means that there's (almost) constantly UI changes going on. Performance could be better too, and interdoc connection is missing.

Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Stellar and perfectly adaptable database system

Kommentare: I usually try to find free online tools as much as possible. With Coda, I decided early on that this is something I am willing to pay for. And, since I do not need to pay for each user that has access to my databases, I only pay for the "Doc maker", the person(s) who builds the database, I found it a very reasonably priced option for my use.

The flexibility of both setting up and using Coda is by far the best of any similar service I have tried. Whatever your needs are for a database-type service Coda will tick most, if not all boxes. Build the database exactly to your liking and expand when needed. The team also constantly works on implementing improvements based on user feedback. They also keep developing new features.

They do not offer a lot of options when it comes to formatting and visual layouts. For example, you are bound to only two fonts: one serif and one sans-serif. Granted, you can play around with italics and bold types but you are pretty limited in your choices, at least for now.

Personalwesen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

CODA is better than confluence, not better than notion

3,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Looks more corporate than notion, and this allows to sell the tool to managers that still believe have a share folder in Google Docs is where documentation should be. On the other hand, it is more focus to be a company wiki place than a personal place to save your notes, documents etc.

If you want to work big documents o sheets, CODA is not the place. I tried to use CODA as a place to save all the feedback from my users and the bigger the file, the slow the tool become, or you need a great computer to run the application correctly.

Marie
Operations Associate in USA
Risikokapital & privates Eigenkapital, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The future of docs and collaboration

Kommentare: My experience with Coda has been exceptional. I feel empowered by their resources to create exciting docs that have transformed our workflows, and if I ever have questions I know that Coda Support or the Coda Community will be able to help.

Why I *love* Coda - First and foremost: tables and a writing surface in one doc. Never again do I have to link to a spreadsheet or paste long-form text into table so that all of my Google Suite info is cobbled into one doc. - Spans personal and professional work. I have transferred most of my professional work into Coda docs and (even more excitingly) moved all of my "life admin" work (moving checklists, auto repair history, wedding planning, etc) into Coda docs. Coda's flexible platform allows you to build docs that suit whatever work you're trying to accomplish. - Automations. In Coda you can set data and time-based triggers to alert you in email and Slack. These are game-changers when it comes to remembering an upcoming deadline, reminding a co-worker of an outstanding action item, or celebrating a data milestone. - Doc Gallery. The gallery is a collection of published docs that can be copied for your own use or be used for inspiration for creating new docs. If I'm ever stuck on how to make a doc (like distributed onboarding), I browse docs that other Coda creators have published for ideas on layouts, formatting, and formulas.

Challenges in using Coda - Onboarding. The power of Coda can be intimidating when onboarding – I would second-guess whether doc layouts were as good as they could possibly be, if my formulas were robust, if I should make a different sub-page or section for content, etc. Thankfully, Coda has a variety of resources like their Community of creators, the Help Center, a YouTube channel (shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!), and a fantastic support team. It took a couple weeks of watching videos and reading the Community page while transferring docs to Coda for me to feel like I really understood the platform, but now I feel like I really *get* all of the features and feel empowered when making docs. - Onboarding your team. Getting a team to adopt a new tool, especially something as foundational as docs/collaboration/documentation is hard. We had the full spectrum of people who were elated about using Coda to... not elated. I wanted to give everyone the experience of using a fully built out doc, so we transferred our weekly team meeting gdoc into Coda. In doing this everyone had a direct comparison between old (gdocs) and new (Coda docs), and we won over most people just with that doc. To keep up the momentum, I worked with teams and individuals to transfer over their docs to Coda, and I send out an email every week sharing a Coda feature (like emailing pages, automations, conditional formatting). Coda is the new default for our team after ~1-2 months of transition.

Robert
Founder in UK
E-Learning, Selbstständig

feature impact, ease of use and integration with existing business

Kommentare: Outstanding, see other reviews for further details.

Coda is a fantastic application which has incredibly transformative potential for those who are interested in exploring it. It is feature rich, with a constantly expanding portfolio of API options, built in capabilities and all important 3rd party integrations, this enables easy integration into existing business infrastructure and quickly demonstrates return on investment once things start to get set up. The way I see coda is like word/docs with the functionality of excel/sheets/airtable and the look of notion - take all that and put it on steroids by adding near limitless customisability and a fantastic customer support team who will help you to achieve things that you didn't even know possible - what you end up with is just a doc, the way docs should be

As coda is much younger than its competitors some of its features are still in development, for example the API only recently came out of beta (as of 17/07/20). There are some downsides to this which I'd like to imagine you can assume, however the diligent team release updates extremely regularly and listen intently to their customers, building a fantastic user-centric workspace experience with ever increasing features. The main thing which I didn't like about the software is that the tools in upper pricing tiers are too attractive, making me want to spend more than my budget on this kind of software - which I suppose is a good and bad thing.

Raul
CPO in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best app to create mini apps for remote teams

Kommentare: As a remote-first company, we at Getro.com, have been using Coda for over 3 and it's been an instrumental tool to help us scale and stay flexible operating our company.

I love Coda's flexibility. With my team we use it to define roadmaps and scope projects. Personally, I use it to take daily notes and I also run my own public blog with Coda.

It's important to be careful with large documents.

Dariusz
Owner in Polen
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Low-code at its best!

There's a lot that you can do using just the free version. Paid plans provide useful additions. After spending a little time with the documentation, you can build amazing things.

The learning curve is a little steep. I have experience with database software and I feel it put me at a disadvantage as I had to let go of some old habits. Some parts of Coda are reminiscent of a classic database while others force you to think a little bit differently.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The documenting master tool

Kommentare: We started using Coda as our source of truth for the company, specially for documentation. But as the product has evolved, we have used the product as our task management system too.

I like the easy of use of this tool. It’s like having the best of Google Docs, and Google Spreadsheets all in one place. You can customize almost everything! And it has great integrations with third party applications, plus you can connect through multiple API client libraries.

At the very beginning, our team experienced performance issues. The tool is so robust that needs memory and some browsers were not supported. However, as Coda grew as a company, performance issues are not a thing anymore and their support team was super diligent at helping us optimize our docs.

E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My New Favorite Tool

Kommentare: Having everything about a project live all in one place had saved me a lot of head aches. I'm building out a course and this has become the hub of the entire thing. The face that I could build out all the tabs and pages I needed has kept me organized and on track, not something i could have done on google sheets or any other pm tool for this particular need.

I love that I can sign in with my gmail account, that along makes my life easy. I like that I can easily integrate other apps and build out projects based on my needs. The best part for me is to easily collaborate with others in real time, the feature is really smooth.

Honestly, there isn't much i don't like about it, so I don't have much to say here. Maybe more on the free plan for those just getting started?

Aqsa
Aqsa
Founder in Pakistan
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Love it!

Kommentare: Before I shifted my businesses to Coda, everything was SO unorganized to the point where I hated coming into work. Hiring employees was such a task because I had to keep track of sending onboarding forms and Google Drive links over email. Ever since Coda, EVERYTHING IS IN ONE PLACE! It's such a great feeling to be so organized. I'm obsessed with organizing everything in Coda now. It has just overall made my life easier and I feel like there are no longer a 100 tabs open in my mind all the time.

- Features - Support team (so responsive and helpful!) - Mobile App

- No desktop app available + doesn't work well with Safari (a problem for Mac users) - No dark mode availble - Some basic features (like putting docs in the order of your choice) aren't available

Fernando
Director in Argentinien
Unternehmensberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Tool

Kommentare: great platform and help desk, really nice tool

simply fast and clean way to manage docs and data all together, collaboration is great too.

using it in a cell phone for data navigation is not as easy as i would like, but for the desktop... it´s really great.

Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good and flexible

Kommentare: Our experience has been very positive so far. We managed to create some internal processes to develop projects around some templates we created in coda and that helped us significantly. At the time we started using coda very few other tools had the customization abiities of coda and that was a winning point for us. Hope they fix their pricing model soon, because having documents locked down is not reasonable at our stage of business.

It's easy to integrate with team processes and also to enable the creation of new processes. Has a lot of integrations, has powerful table functionality, is has some very nice original features like creating a webpage out of documents. The documents are very complete and have the necessary flexibility to adapt to every teams' needs and specificities. The documents also naturally look good, no need to "beautify". The collaborative side of the documents is a great feature and works well in small teams.

Most of the integrations with outside software are poor and have very little to no customization/parameterization. For example including google drive documents is very very basic. The pricing is not very competitive, specially for small teams, considering other softwares out there. The worst part is that they limit the size of the documents in the free tier, and if you go beyond the size limit they lock your documents and you won't be able to work on them any longer. They could use a better model that is not this aggressive.

Mohamed
Senior Workforce/Data Analyst in Ägypten
Telekommunikation, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Experience

Kommentare: The whole thing is amazing when it comes to using Coda with all available features, I'm using a lot of things because of my job duties, I create documents with new processes, update the current documents and communicate with the team, and manage the requested tasks for myself and my team and also use Coda on any device makes it a lot easier for the user.

It is the easiest way to create or update a process workflow and keep track of tasks, also has very a smooth clear view of the tasks dashboard with due dates and who requested the tasks with the task status and the due date.Managing the daily tasks of the team is a great feature as well.

Sometimes, especially when using low internet speed connections the pages take so much time to load and this might some issues for the users, I recommend creating a special view "lowered web version" for such internet speed.

Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Want to Code but don't have the skills?

Kommentare: Coda is quite like Notion and one of the challenges is that it's not a household name and people might wonder why they should take the time. I think if you want to learn a tool that will put you ahead of the game in terms of skills competencies, learning Coda and Notion would be a game changerf.
The automation features alone are a really valuable skill to learn.

If you are technical but can't code, this is your super power. It will allow you to build your own applications and customise enterprise systems that work for your organisation. It integrates with a tone of other applications like Google Calendar and zoom.

It was extremely obivious where the getting started tutorials were. It took quite a while to learn but is actually worth taking the time. I think if someone is looking for an out of the box solution this is not it. However it's worth it to educate yourself on how to use it as the automations and template will claw back that time for you when you get to grips with it.

Josh
Developer in UK
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I love Coda

Kommentare: I have been using Coda since quite early days in their beta.
While it was already showing a lot of promise in the early days, it has completely blossomed and matured since and I now use it daily and have had it implemented for different purposes in two organisations. Highly recommend.

Vast flexibility and fast performance. Exceptional feature rollout speed.

Many of the things that have been pain points in the past have since been resolved, with continous new features and a very communicative team. There are still some key missing features such as code syntax highlighting and true markdown support. The pricing can also be either very good value, or rather expensive, depending on how you intend to use it.

Katie
Katie
Client Operations in Kanada
Eventservice, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Useful product for our internal knowledgebase

Kommentare: Coda is a well-designed platform that has allowed us to centralize all departments into one spot for documentation. Coda has strong support docs and videos that has helped us transition smoothly and continue to learn about new features and ways to use the product better. The new product emails they send out every so often are so informative!

Coda is a robust software that has helped our company centralize all our internal documents. The platform is quite user friendly, allowing us to really expand the product features to meet our needs as an organization. The support and help documents are quite impressive, we used it to train our entire staff on how to efficiently use the product. They have been responsive to feature requests, and the product has definitely improved in our time using it.

I still find random bugs quite often that aren't debilitating in completing my work, usually just a nuisance that will slow productivity.

Alessandro
Entrepreneur in Italien
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best do-it-all software for startups

Kommentare: Excellent

Coda is our go to software for the management of our daily activities, storage of relevant information and setting up tasks.

The software is pretty straight forward but still requires some learning as compared to something like Google Drive.

April
April
People & Culture Specialist in Philippinen
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Coda my love!

Kommentare: 50-50, I used to have a love-hate relationship with it, but now our Business Systems Engineer is showing me the good side of Coda.

How easy it is to customise Coda docs based on the needs of the People & Culture Team! Super love it!

Formats need to be easily customisable as well, if possible. Like we're currently using Coda to automate our People & Culture ops, and if it is possible to customise formats in the forms as well. Thank you Coda!

Actor / CEO in Spanien
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My favorite!

Each user has a perfect soft made for him/her. I tested A LOT of apps! And I choose Coda. Actually, I used to keep in Notion, but Coda is more customizable, more friendly for collaboration and more integrated with other apps. The principing is very affordable: if you want the full experience, you pay, but not your collegues! (if you are the only doc creator! they are still able to edit and write in the shared docs). The Coda community is very active, I love the Coda Blog! There are so many possibilities...

The Android/Apple app is far to be pretty and functional.

Partha Protim
Partha Protim
Consultant in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Coda Review

Kommentare: There is no doubt that CODA is one of the best Enterprise software. They offer diverse packages to both small, medium and large Organizations. To sum it all up, if your Organization has plenty of money, then you can invest in CODA and enjoy quality support.

CODA is a Financial Business Tool. The support team is very energetic who offer quality training and expert support. The tool itself is very user friendly as it allows Organizations to build their own financial system platform. It provides a customized interface facilitating data entry, reporting, analysis etc.

The cost (especially for large Organizations) is enormous, considering that not all features/functionalities are required. The cost should be decided based on the customer requirements. There are other cheaper products in the market which might get the job done at a much lesser price.

Bruno
Bruno
IT Service Engineer in Brasilien
Forschung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent alternative for use as a desktop and virtual office

Kommentare: In the first half of 2020, on the occasion of my selection of which tool to choose to use as a knowledge base for my team, I tested Coda.io and was very impressed. I ended up choosing to deploy Slab because it suited my specific demand more.

Very powerful tool, which allows multiple possibilities for the creation of a knowledge base and virtual office. The strongest point is the huge number of existing templates and mainly the huge number of types of blocks that can be inserted in each document that is made. The cost is also quite attractive, making the cost-benefit of the tool as a whole excellent.

Although the interface is beautiful and elegant, due to a large volume of features, navigating the tool is a bit complicated, requires practice and even in the long run it seems a little unpleasant. In other words, it is not a tool as easy to use and pleasant to use.

Héctor
Founder in Mexiko
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

The best tool to manage my day to day

Kommentare: I run my proyect managament process, CRM and communication with my clients.

Very easy to use and flexible. I can easily create project-management docs, CRM, sales process, to-do lists and even a simple landing page for my clients. The automatization features are amazing and can save you many hours.

The formulas could be better. Also the Publish and design options could be better to create landing pages. More integrations.

Gianluca
growth strategist in Italien
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Coda is a serius PM tool

Kommentare: i love it

I've used Coda for some months in my team and it's similar to an evolved excel with a lot of great functionalities. I loved it cause it has a lot on template made by great companies, and it was free. lovely

Coda it's not so easy to use, not friendly at the beginning but the explanations are clear

Marketing & Werbung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Excellent tool for your departments goals & projects

Kommentare: KPIs, Metrics, Project Planning and Reporting are now used across Coda, works perfectly with google drive and the app is great for a quick check as well.

The number of templates that are pre-built and available means you can set up projects for your team in a matter of minutes, well maybe 30-60 minutes but still a lot quicker than starting it all from scratch.

Perhaps when you first start there's a bit of trial and error and a few rabbit holes that make slow progress but once you get into a rhythm you can scale projects and goals across the company.

Pawe
Pawe
Software Engineer in Polen
Computer-Software, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Organizing my documents and project processes with Coda

I love the features of Coda that make it a one-stop place for storing my documents and processes. Using it for a various tasks like creating data tables, knowledge sharing and time planning.

Some disturbing UI bugs that do have their workaround but make Coda a little bit less pleasant.