Easy to setup and everything updates automatically.

Bewertet am 8.8.2019
Erik P.
Director of Technology
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: My kids were constantly asking me, "What are we doing tomorrow?", "Are we going anywhere?", "Is it going to rain?". I thought, I can just pull up this information on my phone, surely there's a way it can just be displayed on a screen somewhere for them to see. Yep, there is, and there are several options out there to do it. I picked DAKboard because it looked easy and had a free version. I tried it out on my computer and it worked great, so I went ahead and bought the "DAKboard CPU" which is a raspberry pi mini computer preloaded to run DAKboard on a screen. That came with 6 months of their premium service. The premium service has a bunch more customization options that were fun to play with. The only one we really ended up using was having our own Google Photos album as background images. After the 6 months ran out we went back to a free background of some nice landscapes. So for several months now, we have been using DAKboard to display the date, time, weather, sunrise/sunset, our family calendar, and the most recent memory verses using an RSS feed from our church's website.

Nachteile: I think the only hiccups have been issues with our own internet service. I've been really hoping to see integration with Life360 so the kids can stop asking, "Where's mom?", "When will mom be home?" Several of us have requested that feature and we've heard they have been trying to connect with Life360 about it. But, DAKboard is actively adding new features on a regular basis.