Filtern nach:

Über Loom

Über ein internes Kommunikationstool kannst du Nachrichten sofort per Video teilen.

Erfahre mehr über Loom

Keith E.
Keith E.
Chief Strategist in Japan
Informationsdienst, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent tool for team collaboration, training and documentation

Kommentare: I have saved many hours of time making revisions or asking for better explanations in email when troubleshooting with a remote client. We also use this for step by step tutorials for our in house documentation. We record what we are doing and embed the video with written documentation in Notion. You can play it right from within the Notion page, which is great!

It is so easy to record your screen while you talk and you can do it from anywhere.

The only thing I wish it had were the ability to remove the controls from the bottom of the screen while recording.

Jeheen mahmood Z.
Founder in Bangladesch
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best screen recorder for 99% people

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I only used the free plan, but I never felt I needed a paid version, the free plan was that good. It covered everything a regular screen recorder might want from an easy to setup solution. Loom doesnt offer advanced video editing options. But that is actually a plus for me as I know nothing of video editing and many other apps scared me off with their sliders and buttons and frames. I am a simple maker who knows his strengths and Loom helped me in playing those strengths. I frequently used Loom for a quick screen grab for my employees and clients showing what I need and do. I later loaded the videos in my Youtube for marketing and easier distribution where network is poorer.

This is an app that you cant break. You can run it on a barely running PC, low on ram, processing power, poor or NO internet and it will still run, without any error. If it was a superhero, it would be Superman! This is the easiest app that I have used for screen recording - I make instructional videos for my remote employees and content marketing. It runs on and off browsers and can save offline recording. Has very easy to use controls. Loom gives you 1 hour of recording on free plan which is simply generous, while many others give you 5-10 minutes. They have basic analytics for free plan and it is enough for many people.

There is simply nothing I did not like about Loom. For advanced users and video editors, Loom would feel too vanilla as there is little editing options. But Loom is not for advanced editing, it is for swift screen recording and does that superbly.

Raghav K.
None in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Relatively Underwhelming

Kommentare: I believe as time passes, Loom will continue to enhance its features and eliminate bugs. As the overall experience is refined, I believe Loom, with its unique offerings, is certainly a top competitor in the video recording software market.

It has a simple, easy to use interface, which allows you to alternate between recording styles depending on whether you want your voice, your face or both, which is a welcome step. It also stores your videos on its online portal, up to a certain number, protecting you against crashes and other mishaps. The support is very friendly and quick to respond, enhancing your experience further. Plus, you can share your videos directly through their portal, saving you the hassle of downloading and uploading the videos on a streaming platform.

I'd like to think of Loom as a work in progress. With its bugs and crashes, it fails to impress when compared to other recorders I have used. I have had to contact support multiple times over an identical complaint of videos failing to upload completely, despite having a strong and fast internet connection. Once, after recording an 11 minute video, I realized Loom had recorded only 3 minutes, causing severe frustration.

Nneka O.
Nneka O.
Freelance Content Writer in Nigeria

An Invaluable Tool for Remote workers

Loom is easy to use. You can record your screen, record a video and share with teammates. It is invaluable for when collaborating with others - for example, I can show my web master what I mean by positioning for website elements and how we can tweak stuff.

There wasn't anything to dislike about Loom. It serves my need perfectly.

Aj H.
MLO in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Can't beat the price (It's FREE) LOL but will be upgrading to a paid account soon!

Kommentare: Makes it easier and faster to communicate with clients and teammates, a picture is worth a thousand words well a video is worth a million words. Saves a ton of time and clients love video presentations especially vs long borrowing emails. Also helps build relationships with clients in today's world everything seems to be done by phone, text or email this puts a face to the name,

It's FREE but also since I have been using LOOM they continue to improve even on the paid version, it has features that other charge $50 per month or more. Looms Pro paid plan is only $8-$10 a month so will be upgrading soon.

Just wish I was able to integrate with my CRM or via Zapier, I have to do more research as perhaps this is a feature on other plans.

Mark S.
CEO in USA

Like Loom but Prefer Clapboard

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: overall Loom is a good product have no bad things to say about it, I again just prefer a cheaper alternative that gets the same job done as Loom

I like Loom but ClapBoard seemed to do everything loom does and its more inexpensive, so thats always a goood thing for me.

price only other than that its a good product I must say

Shawna R.
Teacher in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great for Teachers

Kommentare: I could not be happier with this product! I started using the free version then saw that, at least for this past year, Loom had a free version for educators with valid emails. I applied for that and never turned back!

I love the editing features within Loom. Also, the size of the files that download is wonderful! Being able to undo my edits easily when cutting a video was essential to creating quality videos for my classes this past year.

I have no cons to this program. They started downloading edits much quicker than before in the past few months which was incredible!

Sarah P.
Sarah P.
CEO in USA
Internet, Selbstständig

Easy to use screen capture

Kommentare: Overall, I love how I can make a video on my PC and share the link for others to see within secs

This is so easy to deploy to capture screenshots on PC, can make videos too

Doesn't record for long the video cast. No more than 5 mins

Noud D.
CEO in Kanada

Easy Screen Recording

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We are using Loom to record software guides; a visual walkthrough helps our customers manage their software themselves.

The software is very easy to use and integrates with Google Chrome.

Recently they changed their free tier to a five-minute limit.

Marketing Manager in Kanada
Sport, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Better than Vidyard

Kommentare: Loom has been a great alternative to Vidyard. It also provides a team environment so reps can share and have access to videos that may be of use to everyone, this saves multiple people recreating a similar video (e.g. a quick product demo or answer to user FAQ)

Loom has a far better UX than Vidyard and has a little bit more functionality. The chrome extension is perfect for quick access and there are some great post-record editing options that free version of Vidyard does not have.

Like anything there's a paywall, if it's something we use enough internally and externally as a sales team it may be worth some investment but for the most part the free version could be enough for basic use.

Jeff S.
Dean of Business, PGS in USA
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

I Love This Application

Kommentare: Application, add-in, software, Life-changing thingy . . . call it what you will, Loom has changed my life and could very well yours, too. I'm serious. I use Loom not only for teaching, which has made a huge difference in my effectiveness--especially with online teaching, but also for communication with any number of people in my role as a Dean in higher education. People actually think I know what I'm talking about and think that I'm effective when all I do is use Loom. Very few products or services are this user friendly and this consequential in delivering on outcomes that matter. Use Loom; you won't regret it, and it might just change your life.

Ease of Use; functionality to organize videos online; length of videos even in the free version.

That you have to pay to get premium features, now (they used to be revolutionary in that you didn't have to pay for it) and that unlike Jing, you can't just drag and capture whatever you want--it's either your screen of the application in you're in.

Csaba H.
Sr Product Designer, UX Strategist in Ungarn
Design, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Awesome app that helps you boost your communication with clients

Very easy to use and pretty reliable. The competitors offer lower quality in general while working with Loom feels like a professional tool. I really like the core concept and it works perfectly: just hit record on your desktop and when you are done, it's already on the cloud and ready to be sent in an email or Slack message. I use Loom whenever I need to add clarity to the files I'm sending. When I send designs to clients or team mates, I'll make them watch a Loom recording so that they get the full picture. However, I discovered more and more cases to use Loom - pretty much whenever an email is not enough to get the message across.

There were some minor flaws with the tool but recently (in the last year) I didn't really experience any bugs or issues with the connection. I guess the only thing they could improve is to hide the avatar/video by default since if I don't want to record myself using the camera, I don't see a lot of point in having my avatar visible in the bottom-left corner. I need to get rid of that each time I launch the tool.

Connie S.
Instructional Technology and Training Manager in USA
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A GREAT product for screen capture and demonstrations

Kommentare: I am responsible for instructing faculty on how to use software - the Loom system allows me to 'show and tell' via video how to do various things, how to solve problems, etc. Many faculty tell me they keep my loom videos and refer to them later.

There is a lot I like about this software - it's ease of use, it's library of my saved files, the option to download the video into .mp4 format to name a few. I like that I can rename the videos, that I can paste the link and have it play when my recipients click the link. I like the options to use screen only, static picture of myself, or video of myself in the corner while doing the demonstration. I also like the 'desktop' option for screencapture so if my video crosses programs I can have it on the same video!

The one thing I would really like is a 'screen shot' option. I currently need to use another program for screenshots that allow me to take a screenshot, draw arrows and circles, and captions. Since Loom is only video I need to use both programs....but Loom is so great, I don't mind the hassle.

Justin D.
Quality Assurance Analyst in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great, Fast, and Simple Screen Recording Tool

Kommentare: With Loom, I'm able to screen record things that are difficult to explain with words. This is essential given my team works in offices across the country. It allows my teammates to explain complicated software bugs to me so that I can easily reproduce and verify them. I use Loom more than any other Chrome extension.

Loom is really useful for recording issues that I run into as a software tester. Having the power to start recording my screen in just a couple clicks saves so much time for me so that I don't have to verbally communicate or write out how to reproduce a bug. It's built right into Chrome, but you can record anything else on your screen with it as well. You can opt for it to record your face while you're doing the screen recording too. It's really intuitive and quick to start recording, and sharing a recording is as easy as sending someone a URL.

There's not much to dislike with Loom. If I had one con, it'd be that it doesn't remember my preferred settings each time I record. It will default to recording my face and my audio, which I usually turn off each time.

Melissa G.
Head of School in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Virtual Schooling Tool!

Kommentare: My overall experience has been awesome. I have never had a bad experience. The videos always work. I have used them for all kinds of things, from working with students to showing parents where to find important forms to fill out to training, etc. I cannot imagine going back to my job without Loom! Any chance I get, I spread the word as well!

I love that I can show a student, teacher, or state department liaison what I am working on and exactly what my question is. This saves an insane amount of time during my work week. I love that it is so easy to grab my recording with a link. I am not sure if all, but most of the teachers at my school are using this tool now, after I did a demonstration at our back to school meeting in August. We are a virtual school and this is such a valuable tool for all subject areas.

I wish we had more than 100 free videos, but I understand the reasoning behind this. I wish there was a special package for educators. This is such a great tool to help us teach students and teachers get so little discounts as it is.

Sri R.
Lecturer in Indonesien
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

New and easier ways to give my students feedback and tutorial

I like Loom so much as it eases my jobs, especially during WFH. I use video Loom to give instructions or tutorials explaining details of class assignments to my students. Also, I use it a lot to help my job as a thesis supervisor. Using video Loom, I can provide more structured feedback to my students using screen recording, showing their work that needs revisions. I think this helps them a lot as they can get a better understanding by viewing the video and listening to my explanation. I encourage my students to use this platform to further discuss their work using the comment feature. The benefits that I get by using Loom videos, I can reduce the times for scheduled live consultations and have more flexible times to work on my students' thesis. Another point that I like, Loom is integrated with Gmail. So, as an alternative to sending links, I can send my video feedback directly via email.

Need more choices for cursor types to help highlighting important points

Tyler B.
Online curriculum developer in USA
E-Learning, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great product and easy to use

Accessibility, Usability, Interaction, Notifications. This tool is easy to open and it gives you easy access to your recorded videos. I have really enjoyed being notified when someone views it because I use this tool as feedback for my online class and it helps to see how often and whom is viewing each of my recordings. I even have back and forth discussions just below the video page.

I had a few instances when a video failed to upload because it was taking forever. I couldn't be certain if this was due to the internet in our location or Loom, but it happened more than once but no more than 4 times in the last two years I have used it. There were also a couple of times when my microphone didn't connect for whatever reason and I recorded an entire video without sound. Each time I now doublecheck my audio to make sure it works before recording. Never had a problem with that when I check now.

Talent Acquisition Recruiter in USA
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Make Sharing Ideas Easy!

Kommentare: Working in a purely virtual environment, Loom is an incredible communication tool for me. It's appealing in design and easy to use. I use Loom on almost a daily basis to communicate ideas and ask questions of my co-workers. I don't know what I'd do without it!

Loom is incredibly easy to use and is a dependable piece of software. It saves me time in the office. Instead of typing out a lengthy explanation for an idea or troubling over the wording of a question, I can make a quick Loom to share with a co-worker to help express ideas and find solutions more quickly.

I wish that the free content was either unlimited or that it was easier to delete older material so that I don't reach my quota for free videos so quickly. It's time-consuming to go into my profile and delete old files. It'd be great if there were a bulk way to select old videos and delete them.

Yoselin T.
Customer Support in Honduras
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Don't look any further for any other screen/video recording

Kommentare: Even though Loom doesn't have just an audio recording feature, it works perfectly for my personal projects. I would recommend this tool to anyone who is looking for an amazing tool to record video and screen recordings. It is very easy to use so even non-tech-savvy people can easily use it without a problem.

It's easy to use. It's user-friendly, it has a clean interface, easy to download and I managed to use the features without the need of going to the Help Center to find answers or help! I love how that you have different options of recordings such as recording a specific browser tab, an entire browser screen, or even add your own video. Loom is perfect to record courses as it is very interactive.

Maybe I haven't used it for too long and I have somehow missed this feature but I wish Loom had the option to record just the audio, no video, no tab/browser, just audio. Hopefully, this can be added in the near future.

Tara A.
Online Business Manager in USA
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

Communicate Quickly & Easily

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Great tool. Cost effective. Easy to use for fast communications and you need the impact of a video. Wonderful for quick communications.

Really easy to use. Just press a button to record. You can select full screen, just self, or a combination of both. Love having that flexibility. I like how you can change the settings on videos quickly and even password protect them. Perfect solution for making training videos for team members.

It's a bit clunky when it comes to being able to setup and delete folders. Same things applies to deleting videos. Too many keyclicks to complete certain basic actions. Cumbersome to move things around. Would love to see drag and drop funtionality in the future.

Herman D.
Herman D.
Network Vice President of Texas in USA
Rechtsberatung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Video over Text

Kommentare: There is a saying that a picture says a thousand words. In today's world, communication is essential. I've had many instances where I've seen the context of that communication being misinterpreted. This is why I love Loom. Loom gives an easy way for people to communicate via video. These short video messages can separate you from other people and they are effective.
I've use loom in both personal and business instances. It is easy to shoot and send a quick video than to write a long email. I've even inserted commentary videos under social media post to clarify my stance on issues. I've used it for customer onboarding and partner training. There are so many creative ways you can share Loom videos to effectively get your point across.

Easy to use interface Fast video processing Videos can be viewed on any device

Mobile experience is iOS beta only Unable to stop and switch recording sources (ie switching from recording a tab to your desktop)

André luiz L.
André luiz L.
co in Brasilien
Tiefbau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The solution to my problems

Kommentare: Being able to download and watch my academic content whenever and wherever I wanted was a marvel for my learning, being able to record and watch my screen provided the continuity of my academic course during the pandemic.

The use of the loom made it possible in pandemic times to view my university classes whenever I needed them. The plugin greatly facilitates usability by turning the entire process into a web environment, greatly facilitating system mobility.

When an internet crash occurs, the loom has a recording failure, a fact that can interrupt or shred a presentation, but it is a feature inherent to a web system.

Karlan B.
Senior Customer Success Manager in USA

One of the most intuitive Chrome plug-ins I've ever used

One of my primary responsibilities in my role is teaching customers about how to use our product, and Loom is instrumental in doing so. Whenever I had to explain a specific workflow/use case, I used to painfully take step-by-step screenshots of the entire process, which would often take me 5-10 minutes at least. With Loom, I'm able to demonstrate really complex solutions to my customers in under a minute. Additionally - the plug-in itself is incredibly intuitive. There's nothing cumbersome about creating a Loom video - I can start, create, and send a video with only a few clicks.

Truly nothing comes to mind - Loom has been game-changing for me, and my customers love it too.

Founder and CEO in Vietnam

Excellent feedback tool

Kommentare: Clients appreciate getting video feedback. It is so efficient and conveys the message so much more efficiently than without it.

Loom is an indispensable tool that improves feedback to clients and project stakeholders. I like the fact that we can record screen and camera and share easily. The new transcription feature is useful as well since we work with many individuals for which English is their second language.

Editing a video is a bit clunky. Selecting a part of the video is not easy, clicking on the up / down arrow incites a freakish repetition sequence that is super annoying. I hope they fix this. Edits also take too long to process, sometimes 30 minutes or an hour or longer, just to delete a short clip of the video.

Justin J.
Professor in USA
E-Learning, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Future of e-Learning

Screencast video for lecture, grading feedback, and asynchronous dialogue is a game changer. Loom makes it extraordinarily easy and convenient to install, use, and engage with the content I create for my students. My students are more engaged and appreciate the dynamic and comprehensive nature of Loom.

Loom doesn't always operate perfectly on high security networks without an enterprise effort to ensure its usability through the firewall and browser security protocols. In addition, it would be nice to easily insert tags and notes within a video as part of a limited suite of editing tools. Finally, it would be nice to offer higher resolution content but there are obvious trade offs in streaming.