Google Data Studio: Pretty Awesome

Bewertet am 24.7.2019
Shruti S.
Bildungsmanagement, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This for me is a phenomenal product. Since I have found this, I've introduced it to multiple people at work. This has been very helpful in depicting data in a simple and easy way to variety of audiences. I wish they advertised it better.

Vorteile: 1. It is free
2. It connects to your Google account
3. It can connect to a whole variety of data sources, I have been using several Google spreadsheets
4. The ease of inserting a table, a graph, scorecard, heatmap etc
5. It is visually pleasing
6. It can serve as a live dashboard with custom and malleable date ranges
7. It allows you to easily switch around different chart versions
8. You can embed a Google spreadsheet! and scroll through the live Data Studio file!
9. All sorts of sharing settings
10. Can also download as a static PDF file
11. They have a basic training online, and there is a world of articles and youtube videos to help you
12. You can create new fields, rename them etc

Nachteile: 1. You have to link by tab for each spreadsheet, which is tedious. It would be nice to be able to link multiple tabs and spreadsheets at once.
2. There is no option for an automatic refresh if there is a change in the base file -- you have to go to View and hit refresh (not intuitive either).
3. The legend text often gets hidden and is not easy to resize and move around.
4. I couldn't find any option for inserting headers or page numbers automatically.

Perfect for a ad hoc analysis

Bewertet am 21.8.2019
Business Intelligence Developer

Vorteile: It has built in integrations for every Google product, so when Data Studio came out it enabled us to deprecate another tool and helped us to keep it simple.

Nachteile: It's not so straightforward to do some specific analysis, setting filters for example. The tool is limited for more complex analysis.

Best free reporting tool

Bewertet am 13.3.2019
Online Marketing Specialist
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: The best part of it is that I no longer have to spend hours on making reports for our clients. You just make a template, create a data source and it's done. It's one of the best tools Google came up with in the last years. It's very easy to use and extremely intuitive.

Nachteile: Could use a couple more integration (Facebook for exemple) but hey it's FREE and it's very very good.

An Exceptional Tool To Create Reports Using Your Own Data Sources

Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Zohaib A.
Co-Founder

Kommentare: Loved having the ability to add our data sources to create intelligent and aesthetically pleasing charts. 10/10!

Vorteile: Great job to Google's team for making this wonderful tool! Data studio is an amazing platform that helps us in terms of creating data reports that are otherwise quite difficult to create on your own when you have multiple data sources at once, this solves that problem rather efficiently. Now we just assign the source for our tables or charts into the data studio and it makes professional reports for us on the go!

Nachteile: Nothing to dislike as this has only helped in creating reports that are rather time consuming if you were to create them manually in excel or word

Great for integrating with Google Analytics for client reporting!

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Dee O.
Technical SEO Manager

Kommentare: Would definitely recommend for agencies! There's a lot more that Google Data Studio can do - we haven't scratched the surface yet!

Vorteile: Ability to create custom reports from Google Analytics data.
Ability to style/format reports as you wish - fonts/colours/graphics etc.

Nachteile: Can be tricky to pull in the right data at a first glance.

The best free BI dashboarding tool

Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Nik F.
Director of Marketing
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: GDS is free and that is its greatest strength. It connects easily to Google services, and supports a smattering of other data sources. It is easy to use and has some power under the hood that isn't obvious at first blush, especially with recent updates that permit better data aggregation and transformation.

Nachteile: It is very good for relatively simple dashboards, but if you are looking for larger scale "enterprise" tools or want more flexibility in data management, it's probably not a good fit. Maintenance of dashboards is highly manual and it is nearly impossible to create template reports or duplicate them for other similar data sources.

Data Studio Review

Bewertet am 14.8.2019
Michael W.
Editor
Unterhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, it's great. I'm newer to the program, but I'm in it each month. It's not very user-friendly to those who are looking to learn more about data reporting, but those who have that knowledge are able to navigate it easily.

Vorteile: It is great once you get the hang of it. There are issues (see below), but it is great for those using an analytical approach to their job and any who have a reporting aspect. It makes for a beautiful product when complete.

Nachteile: The inability to leave comments is a bummer. Every other Google product you can leave comments and tag people. Why not this one? The X and Y axis are also frustrating when trying to edit them. The bottom one isn't able to be edited for percentages, which is a lot of what I work with.

My favorite Report Platform

Bewertet am 25.8.2019
Maria Q.
General Manager

Kommentare: Is my favorite platform to create reports. I just love it, it really changes the Analytics works not only for me and my team but also for my clients.

Vorteile: It helps me to manage, control and understand data. It´s really useful and saves me a lot of time. I can create entire campaign reports in a few hours, adding dynamic charts, text, maps and a lot of graphic elements that make my reports more attractive and easy to understand.

Nachteile: It took me a little bit of time understanding how it works; but once I learned everything was easier for me.

Makes Our Reports Look Professional

Marketing Consultant

Vorteile: I LOVE Data Studio because it makes all our clients' reports look professional and easy to read. You can combine multiple data sources on a single dashboard, you can have multiple pages, and puts it into one dashboard that I can customize. We use supermetrics and the data pulls in from Facebook, Google Ads, Bing, LinkedIn, and Twitter with ease. Our clients LOVE their dashboards.

Nachteile: The data sources sometimes break and you have to go in and re-create another data source. Also, their customer support is non-existent.

Great value for a free tool

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Brian K.
Digital Marketing Manager
Marketing & Werbung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Considering GDS is free, it's a great value. The platform has come a long way since it's inception, and in my time using it, has continued to evolve in the right direction.

Nachteile: There are still a number of functions which can be done in GA which are difficult or impossible in GDS. Make sure you map out your reporting before setting out.

Not a Tableau alternative, but it’s getting there

Bewertet am 10.8.2019
Alessio R.
Managing Partner

Vorteile: Pricing (it’s free)
Native integration with Google Ads and Analytics
New features are being added very frequently
Good UX

Nachteile: Quite complicated to create your own functions
Weak templating
Can’t move files to Team Drives
Separation between data and visualization is confusing

Great tool! I hope more integrations follow soon

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Joost K.
Marketing Manager
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm using Google Data studio to keep track of international SEO performance. It helps us keep overview of the most important metrics. It goes beyond what you can get out of Analytics in this way.

Vorteile: This tool makes it very easy to connect and display data from multiple sources. Some of the main benefits of this very powerful software:
1. It's easy to setup dashboards, you don't need any experience.
2. You can connect data from multiple points - for example Google Analytics and Google Search console.
3. Styling your dashboards is easy and you have a lot of options in it.
4. There are many many options to visualize the data in your preferred way.

Nachteile: The only downside for me was that it does not integrate with many other projects yet. I would like it to combine with my CRM system.

The best reporting platform

John H.
Digital Marketing Strategist

Kommentare: I love Google Data Studio!

Vorteile: Google Data Studio makes it so easy to generate dynamic reports for yourself or clients. You can easily pull data from Google properties, and others with support, to create customized reports to observe any and all metrics that guide your organization.

Nachteile: There are limited features when incorporating data from non-Google sources, which require a third party tool to access easily.

Excellent Free-to-Use tool for BI

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Romario G.
Consultant
Einzelhandel, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Despite that it's not the best functional BI tool, it really solves a lot of data needs.

Vorteile: What I most liked about this tool is that it makes so easy and secure to share reports with people in my organization (we have G-Suite accounts). Also, this tool have a perfect integration for reading data from Google Sheets.

Nachteile: As I said, the Free-to-Use comes at a cost: it lacks a wide variety of functionalities. For example: is not possible to connect to SQL Server databases, lacks support for a wide variety of charts (gauge) and is not possible to modify chart labels.

Best for creating Report

Bewertet am 5.8.2019
Godwin E.
Data Scientist
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It has helped us create good monthly reports for our organisation and stakeholders. To better show what we have done and how far we can go.

Vorteile: I like the feature that I can directly get my data from my Google Bigquery and create a good report for them. It has made it easier organise reports using the charts and tables.

Nachteile: It requires some level of expertise to be able to use. It is not beginner-friendly

Easy to use program

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Milena O.
Risk manager
Glücksspiel & Casinos, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: GDS is no longer beta!! Google Data Studio has the ability to create your own visualization Community Visualization and ready-made reports can later be used as templates.

Nachteile: Сonvenient interface. Data Studio is free and does not require the installation of additional software, which can be considered its most powerful advantages.

Reporting made easy

Bewertet am 7.8.2019
Stuart W.
Digital Marketing Manager
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Obviously there's lots more you can do with Data Studio other than just reporting, but for digital marketing this has made life so much easier creating reports as often as needed, and even have them emailed on a schedule via PDF.

Nachteile: Sometimes filters don't allow you to get as granular as you would like.

Not easy to visualize my data

Bewertet am 15.8.2019
Thaddaeus H.
Deputy CFO
Staatsverwaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It does the job but I would prefer that it included the speedometer graph. That is what I really wanted.

Vorteile: I like the way that I can take my data, visualize it and share it with my team members who seem to only be able to understand by looking at graphs. Plus it is included in my Google Suite.

Nachteile: I found it very hard to begin building my first data presentation. The format is not intuitive and the documentation is hard to find. I am visualizing OT data and I wanted to build a pie graph but I still cannot figure out how to do it. Every time I try it only shows one selection out of three. I also wanted to include a speedometer (red/yellow/green) but that graph is not included.

SATISFIED

Bewertet am 30.7.2019
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: PRIVATE

Vorteile: ORGANIZED FUNCTIONALITY, AND THE MANNER IT RESOLVES VARIOUS KINDS OF BARRIERS.

Nachteile: ORGANIZED A LOT OF SECTIONS OF CORPORATE AREAS I AM WORK IN.

Data Studio Rocks!

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Mussie T.
Regional ICT Director

Kommentare: We mostly use it to create dashboards for periodic analytics reports and analysis. I'd recommend it to anyone

Vorteile: It's intuitive, loaded with all kinds of functionalities you can expect and is easy to learn.

Nachteile: To be honest, nothing. It's been a while and I still like the heck out of it.

Gets basic work visualisation done quickly in web environment

Dy. Manager
Telekommunikation, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ability to connect with multiple sources, especially Google sheets and it's almost at zero cost!

Nachteile: There is no granular control over elements. For eg- I cannot drill down within all countries in geographic visualisation.

A great way to setup beautiful dashboard that my entire team can view

Bewertet am 6.9.2019
Vice President Board Of Directors
Computer-Hardware, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Decent dashboarding tool that extends beyond our current BI tool.

Vorteile: It's a great way to create nice looking dashboards based on my Google Analytics website data. I can share the link with my team and they can view results on a recurring basis.

Nachteile: It can be tricky to navigate and setup the dashboards. There is a learning curve to setup everything just the way you want to see it. Difficult to integrate external data.

Bewertet am 3.1.2019

My favorite new Google program

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Owner/Graphic Designer
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My SEO analyst uses this software every month to deliver my website data reports and I've LOVED the reports she has sent me. They're so easy to use and understand and I highly recommend this program to anyone trying to organize and present data in an interactive way.

Vorteile: I like that the data is interactive, easy to understand, and so clear and organized for the viewer.

Nachteile: The Google share settings annoy me but that isn't specific to this program, just Google as a whole.