Über Gist

Eine einzige Informationsquelle für deine Kontakte mit Live-Chat, Helpdesk, Wissensdatenbank, E-Mail-Marketingautomatisierung und mehr.

Erfahre mehr über Gist

Bewertungen zu Gist

Gist hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 149 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Gist bereits verwendet?

Christopher
Christopher
Author, Digital Marketer in USA
Verlagswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

SLICK Messenger Bot + Full Email Automation

Kommentare: Been using Gist for years now--replaced Active Campaign for me--and I'm able to do all the same things with a messenger bot, too!

Gist's messenger bot is very powerful and you're able to put it on your website as well as all your subdomains. It's become the #1 way my visitors prefer to interact with me. I had no idea how much interaction I was missing until I installed it. Then add full email marketing and you're really flying!

Gist is working to improve their speed through the browser. I wish the free plan allowed for use of webhooks like the paid plans do. But $29/mo isn't bad!

Teng
Teng
Co-owner in Malaysia
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Streamlining Customer Communication and Marketing Efforts with Gist

Kommentare: Overall experience is good. The platform is feature rich and is hardly down

Gist plays a crucial role in our organization as a communication hub that allows us to effectively engage with leads both on our website and through email. By using Gist's chat and email features, we are able to quickly respond to inquiries and questions from potential customers and provide them with the information they need to move further down the sales funnel.In addition to its communication features, we use Gist as a CRM to manage customer relationships. With Gist's contact management features, we can easily track customer interactions on our website and record important details such as their interest and preferences. This helps us better understand our customers and provide personalized service.Gist's email marketing platform is also a key tool for us. We use it to send out newsletters and other marketing materials to our customers and prospects. With its customizable templates and easy-to-use interface, we can create engaging and effective email campaigns that drive engagement and conversions.

The integration plugin on the website can slow down the website speed, as shown on Google PageSpeed Insights and GTMetrix. A few times, the platform is slow to send notifications to us when there's a lead/customer using LiveChat on our website.

William
owner in Island
Rundfunkmedien, Selbstständig

+6 months I asked to have my billing information removed...

Kommentare: After I had this experience with the emails I told them to delete my billing information as I didn't want to be charged another $200 in December when the addons I purchased were due to renew. Its been 6 months and I just took matters into my own hands. I had to add a prepaid gift card to the billing info, switch the default card to this junk gift card. After this I could finally delete my actual credit card. I was not going to fight them on a chargeback this december. This companies support has really become crap like the rest of their services.

The idea of using this software to run a ton of other things was very appealing, but it fell way short of this goal, left me very disapointed.

I received emails telling me that my ability to send emails was suspended for sending spam. I was not sending spam, and somehow the double optin email form I had on the site was the only thing sending out emails. So on 2-3 different occasions I had my account suspended for spam I wasn't sending out. They always verified that I wasn't sending out anything and quickly restored my access. Then the time when I actually did have something to send, I had a page that was only viewable if you had a password that was given out on a business card. If you entered your email there, it would send you out something very specific for a hiring event I was trying to do. This flagged my email again as spam. Again a password protected page with a double optin, and my legit emails were flagged as spam. It was too much.

Oliver
Oliver
SEO Strategist in Australien
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Gist is a powerhouse in the making

The fact that EDMs, transactional emails, support chat, bots and knowledgebase features are all in the one place, connected by automation triggers and workflows is very useful. The scope of personalisation you can achieve by combining all these elements on top of a single user database which includes user behaviour is powerful.

Some features a still underdeveloped such as the pop-ups, but I do see the Gist team making steady progress and am sure these items will be developed.

Dan
Dan
Founder in USA
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Great set of features, replaces a handful of other services

Kommentare: I'm using Gist in a SaaS product to welcome and on-board new users and to send new feature emails. Also using automations to trigger messages based on certain user actions.. Users of Intercom will likely see a cost reduction by switching to Gist, and also get a handful of other integrated features included too.

The integration of all the features is killer. Contacts, leads, marketing emails, automation emails, knowledge base, all tie together really well. The UI is nicely laid out and easy to use. As is the APPI, if you need to dive that deep. Well thought and full featured.

I had a couple of issues importing contacts from my app but the support team sorted me out in a few minutes. I'd also like to see some more backend integrations, like a Ruby gem for Rails applications.

Dev
Dev
CEO in Indien

A very promising Marketing Automation platform

Kommentare: If you are considering marketing automation, Gist will fit in well. It really streamlined my entire customer journey right from traffic stage to customer stage

Using Gist for: a) Live Chat b) Forms c) Email Sequences d) Event Tracking e) Help Desk It is handling our entire marketing automation needs Loved these features: Visual Workflow designer Live Chat performance and appearance Email Deliverability

No cons as such. They need more maturity and time to be comparable with Intercom

Kejda
Kejda
Founder in USA
Kosmetik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Get the Gist: one tool to rule them all

Kommentare: Very good, waiting for them to put some more finishing touches to WooCommerce integration. But already very useful and support is outstanding.

How it rolls multiple need to have tools into one: customer support, lead gen, lead nurture, marketing automation for both email and FB retargeting. Great UI and professional chatbot / LiveChat solution on the front and back end. I love the unified inbox feature too.

The extent of its integration with WooCommerce. Can't send proper cart abandonment emails because so far it can't generate an abandoned cart link. They're working on it though. I also don't love the extent / clarity of documentation for the automation features. A lot of power under the hood but to use very complex automations you need to ask support to clarify how various triggers / conditions work. On the flip side support is great at doing this and will help you out almost immediately.

Jordan
Jordan
Co-Founder in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Gist is Awesome!

Kommentare: We've used the webchat feature to streamline our inbound marketing & answer customer-service queries. Been fantastic! We can't wait to dive in more to some of the other tools they offer.

Love the chat feature. Everything works well, notifications are reliable, works great!

Can't really say I dislike anything... Honestly they have so much more (than just chat) at our disposal that we need to implement! Haven't gotten around to it yet.

Anca
Anca
Customer Success Specialist in Rumänien
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great for daily support

Kommentare: Overall, our experience is a great one. Issues have always been solved quickly and effectively.

I love how easy it is to assign conversations to team members. It's easy to snooze conversations while waiting on a resolution, without forgetting about them.

I'd really love to also have a pending indefinitely feature, especially for cases when the resolution depends on other teams, so there's no ETA.

Marc
Marc
CEO in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Better customer engagement

Makes it easier for us to engage with our customers by giving them an additional way to contact us as well as being able to respond on multiple devices/platforms.

When responding via email, wish it would recognize our email signatures and remove them.

James
Website Owner in Australien
Baumaterial, Selbstständig

Software for any small website owner to engage your contacts

Kommentare: My experience with the software has been very positive. Some portions take a little work to setup and get used to, but that's like learning anything brand new really. Within days I had the whole system setup and working with little effort. The support team are very responsive and assist when required. A good experience and definitely worth checking out if you're a small to medium-sized business website owner.

I'm using Gist for my WordPress website to engage my website audience. I'm a one-man band and required an integrated marketing automation tool to welcome any new visitors to my website. I use it across my whole website and I personally control and run it by myself. It basically simplifies the initial welcome step in my business and assists me in targeting my potential customers. The best part about Gist is that it is scaleable. As my small website grows, I can scale with the number of contacts in the database, and at the same time have access to all their advanced features.

I would say that the hardest thing/ least liked about it is that it took a little time to setup originally. Coming from a non-technical background it was a little hard to get used to at the start, but I quickly picked it up thanks to their support team.

Jói
Founder/CEO in Island

Gist works well for us

Love the single unified conversation view that feels like a social media messaging app but has all the power I need to assign conversations to team mates, snooze conversations, and tag contacts if needed. Also love that it brings our website chat widget, Facebook Messenger chat and one of our shared inboxes all together into one view.

The only problem I've had is that for the shared email inbox we use it for (our info@ inbox) it doesn ot always deal correctly with accented characters. This doesn't prevent use from using it but would be nice to fix.

Martin
Owner in Indien
Forschung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Replaces several other tools

Kommentare: I like the software and use it daily. It's no-nonsense approach has helped me to focus on leads.

I like the approach of integrating chat, email and other tools, geared towards lead generation. The software is easy to use, yet has enough options to customize.

Of course there are limitations if you opt to use a software that want to be a "one stop shop". Probably Zendesk, Zopim (now Zendesk Chat) and Mailchimp perform better on its own turf. However then you have to use something like zapier to integrate and that makes things complicated.

Craige Hardel
Craige Hardel
Owner in St. Lucia

Really good & Affordable all in one business solution

Kommentare: Using them has been okay. Their support is responsive and attempts to address problems as they can

Features for the price: the suite of tools fits nicely into any business especially mine. Simply interface- the application is easy to use. The contacts and email builder makes anyone feel at home quickly

Most things are good... only thing is the branding on the scheduling widget i'm sure will be rectified soon

Ura
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Customer Service

Kommentare: My overall experience with Gist is great! The service is what keeps me as their loyal customer.

Having the ability to have an email list to communicate to my audience, The ease of setting up with customer service. The community is awesome! It's a place to share learning. Having the ability to communicate to website visitors from through chat.

There's a learning curve. In the beginning, learning how to set up campaigns were difficult. The opt-in forms are not easy to customize for my brand.

Bruno
Founder in Frankreich
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Gist is an All-In-One solution for the needs behind a website

Kommentare: I was looking for a solution for the backend scripts behind our website, mailings. I was one of the first adopters of the system. My goal was to have a good reason not to do it ourselves or stay behind trends. The team of Gist kept delivering more value with more features. They became an inspiration on marketing tools and practice. For example I discovered the liveview feature, now I'm thinking how to use it for better understanding of our audience.

Chatbox widget, that was my initial requirement Forms and contact database Ability to add attributes to contact database API to connect with our scripts

I wished the customization of the look and feel be more comprehensive.

Jorge
CMO in Mexiko
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Affordable price for Essential Marketing Tools

The focus they give to email marketing with a very popular concept. The Live Chat Bubble.

Slowly integrating with popular software platforms.

Mark
Chief Information Officer in UK
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A fantastic team, committed to the product - already great and getting better every day!

Kommentare: Live chat allows us to understand where our customers need help, when they may not have reached out through other methods. Automation allows us to communicate better without a large investment of time.

I primarily purchased Gist for live chat, and it does that really well. The chat interface is clear, simple and great looking for the end user and makes chat management really straightforward for the organisation. What was a real bonus for me is the work the team has put in around marketing automation, email and rules. Being able to schedule emails to be sent based upon user actions is a game changer (the user does not need to have engaged in live chat and the system for defining these actions is really flexible). It's a great tool - and one of the most promising that I've seen - but what really stands out is that the team behind it are a great bunch of people. They're really good on live chat (as you would hope!) and you do get to know them individually. They really care about delivering the best experience possible and the pace they are moving at with new features is admirable. It is that, above everything else, that gave me the confidence to go live with a deployment on our primary business website. I'm a very happy customer.

If there is one dislike, it's simply that there is so much (extra) promise in the tool but I can't have it all now! ;-) They are a young company, relatively, so there are still features which I would love to have (better notifications on stale chats, better handling of "out of hours", more automation features) but those are small things and it's the confidence that these things will come quickly that makes this a non-issue. The team really listen and act on feedback, so that's a massive bonus. I'd encourage you to get on-board at this stage. The tool is ready for prime-time use, and you have a real opportunity to actually shape the way it develops that you just wouldn't get with a more established tool.

Hardik
Director in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Chat, Email Automation and Now Help Desk - All in One Solution

Kommentare: It was great experience till now and they are improving it day by day.

It's eliminate the use of multiple products. Easy to use all in one solution with Automation.

Admin UX was not that must great, But now they are working on it.

Jason
CEO in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Gist helps convert leads into customers!

We primarily use Gist as a live chat tool on our website and have received very high user engagement with it. We love that even if our users don't enter their email address, Gist is often able to identify the lead that has reached out to us and we are able to follow up with them directly through Gist. It's been a really helpful tool for turning leads into customers!

Gist has so many powerful features that I know I'm underutilizing it. We're a small startup, and I haven't taken the time to review all of the functionality they offer and how it would very likely help our business. Nonetheless, we get so much value out of what we are using that it is totally worth using as is.

Paul
Paul
eMarketing Strategist/Consultant in Neuseeland

My new CRM

Kommentare: Excellent particularly their customer support.

Generous subscriber and email sending plans. Easy to use and has now replaced my last email marketing solution too over and above its CRM and customer support features. Excellent app.

They are a startup so some features I want are lacking but projected to come in future.

Larry
Manager in Malaysia
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Gist: A very hardworking platform that listens to customers and constantly innovates and excels

Kommentare: Very good and they are always supportive via live chats.

Live chat (with integration to FB Messenger), Email marketing, Live tracking.

Steep learning curve especially workflow.

Leonardo
Leonardo
Founder in Brasilien

A powerful automation tool

Kommentare: Very happy with it, and all i see is updates!

We started to use Gist a couple years ago, when they used to be called ConvertFox. When they started the tool it was possible to notice some hiccups, but team started to upgrade it, and release a lot of new features. Today, Gist is a super powerful tool, with things like: - email automation, - knowledge base, - bots, - site automation - Powerful automations based on visitor action, - broadcasts, drip campaigns, behavioral email marketing and way more. The email deliverability rates now are also pretty high, and is our go to tool for our main website. Get it, worth every dollar

The only thing I still don't see, is the visual flow builder for the emails, but I heard they will implement it soon.

Founder & CEO in Malaysia
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

New-but-not-that-new player in the market, has a lot of potential

Kommentare: Gist has grown to become a very impressive tool today. They're working tirelessly to improve the app and they send out a lot of tips and ideas on how to improve your marketing. It's worth a try.

Clean interface, very fast, fully functional, definitely not a half-baked wannabe. Gist has evolved from ConvertFox and I've been following their growth for years. The current product is super easy to use and integrate into the site. Live Chat is especially impressive as I can respond to clients easily from email, desktop, and mobile app and it syncs seamlessly.

It's obviously not as mature as Hubspot or ActiveCampaign so it lacks quite a bit of polish there. It's got a lot of documentation but not enough for some specific tasks and their support can take a few hours or more sometimes - it's a good response time for most, but I've been spoiled by Hubspot.

Jimmy
CEO in Indonesien
Personalwesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

One of the best marketing tools for your business

Kommentare: I have been using Gist on my main site to handle incoming chats for more than 2 years. And to my experience, Gist has been very helpful by improving and adding more features (slowly but surely). Currently it is one of the best marketing tools in my arsenal, and I am a happy user of Gist (previously Converfox)

1. Complete features from Chat Bot, Live Chat, Email Marketing Automation, Knowledge Base and more 2. Easy to use 3. Reliable

Chat Bot (or Bot Assistant) can be improved to the industry standard.