Gist

Gist Bewertungen

von ConvertFox Global

Gist is a powerful all-in-one platform for sales and service

Bewertet am 7.12.2019
Mark S.
Co-founder

Kommentare: Gist gives us a single product for so much - live customer support, Knowledge Base, autoresponder messaging, targeted email drip campaigns, automations, inbound and outbound marketing, contact management, website popup forms, online calendar bookings, tracking activity across our application and our website, and more.

Vorteile: Gist provides us with a single, all-in-one software platform with incredible power to support our clients and enhance our sales and marketing. Gist allowed us to replace several very high profile applications (like Zendesk, Mailchimp and others) with one platform. At the same time, they have additional features well beyond those platforms that we did not expect. That is saving us money and time. More importantly, we can support our clients and potential clients 24 hours a day and seven days a week and we can serve them with very targeted messaging and help. When it comes to their own support, Gist give us very responsive support using their application. From our experience, they care very much about their clients. They have a clear vision for the future and continue to live up to their promises by regularly delivering release new features.

Nachteile: For us, there is nothing to dislike. We cannot fault their product or their customer service.

Software for any small website owner to engage your contacts

Bewertet am 24.1.2020
James T.
Website Owner
Baumaterial, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My experience with the software has been very positive. Some portions take a little work to setup and get used to, but that's like learning anything brand new really. Within days I had the whole system setup and working with little effort. The support team are very responsive and assist when required. A good experience and definitely worth checking out if you're a small to medium-sized business website owner.

Vorteile: I'm using Gist for my WordPress website to engage my website audience. I'm a one-man band and required an integrated marketing automation tool to welcome any new visitors to my website. I use it across my whole website and I personally control and run it by myself. It basically simplifies the initial welcome step in my business and assists me in targeting my potential customers. The best part about Gist is that it is scaleable. As my small website grows, I can
scale with the number of contacts in the database, and at the same time have
access to all their advanced features.

Nachteile: I would say that the hardest thing/ least liked about it is that it took a little time to setup originally. Coming from a non-technical background it was a little hard to get used to at the start, but I quickly picked it up thanks to their support team.

Gist Makes Running My Solo Business A Breeze!

Bewertet am 27.1.2020
Shayla B.
Bildende Kunst, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As a solopreneur selling higher priced art, I need to have a really strong support tool to help answer any questions my clients may have before or during their purchase. I love that Gist gives me the ability to have live chat (which I can respond to from my phone!), a chat bot, and even a knowledge base!

Vorteile: With a single subscription, I'm able to manage my email list, operate both a chat bot and live chat (from my phone!) to support my customers, and even do targeted marketing campaigns on my website. Usually this would require logging into many different sites and then having to integrate them all and then pay for them all separately. Gist makes is possible to get it all done for a low price!

Nachteile: Honestly, there's really not a whole lot to dislike. They're always working on enhancements and new features and making the tool better every day. The free plan only allows for 1 user and I really would've loved 5, lol....but that's probably asking for a lot since the free plan already includes so much.

Gist is not what it's made out to be

Bewertet am 18.10.2019
Michael N.
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was looking for a "helpdesk" solution with near time chat from our website.

Vorteile: I like the ability to see each page a user has visited on our website and I like being able to reply to customers in near real time.

Nachteile: It's very un-intuitive and it is too easy to accidentally change or delete data if you click on the wrong icon. What I find most dismaying is there is no way to cancel the account. Once you are signed up, you held hostage. You cannot cancel from the account page nor the subscription page. There is no way to reach someone live and they do not reply to email.

All-In-One Marketing Automation Software - Covers Most Features Needed

Bewertet am 15.1.2020
Luke D.
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I’ve been a fan of Gist (formely Convertfox) since after they launched their product. Since then, the product has developed with updates and new features being rolled out to assist business owners. The fact that it’s an all-in-one marketing automation platform is where it demonstrates its value. It incorporates: • Automations based on events
• Email automation
• Live chat & bots
• Scheduling
• Help desk/ knowledge base
• Forms
• Tracking
• Plenty of integrations
The platform essentially saves you connected different apps via APIs as it’s an all in one where contact data is updated along the way, from lead to customer.

Nachteile: Gist are constantly improving and listening to customer feedback which is great, but sometimes it does take time to implement. This is to be expected though from any company especially when there’s many users wanting all types of integrations and features added.

Gist is ALL-IN-Awesome!

Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Directeur

Kommentare: Rough start, but after a while it really helps us automate en make our business a lot more efficient.

Vorteile: Workflows between al the tools. This really helps our team get on it with support but also sales and nurturing our excisting customers.

Nachteile: The learningcurve is steap. It took me a while to fully understand the workflow, but once you get it, it works awesome!

Great set of features, replaces a handful of other services

Bewertet am 19.10.2019
Dan W.
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I'm using Gist in a SaaS product to welcome and on-board new users and to send new feature emails. Also using automations to trigger messages based on certain user actions.. Users of Intercom will likely see a cost reduction by switching to Gist, and also get a handful of other integrated features included too.

Vorteile: The integration of all the features is killer. Contacts, leads, marketing emails, automation emails, knowledge base, all tie together really well. The UI is nicely laid out and easy to use. As is the APPI, if you need to dive that deep. Well thought and full featured.

Nachteile: I had a couple of issues importing contacts from my app but the support team sorted me out in a few minutes. I'd also like to see some more backend integrations, like a Ruby gem for Rails applications.

Convert Visitors to Customers with Gist

Bewertet am 25.1.2020
Naveenkumar N.
Performance Test Lead
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Its been very useful solution for all marketing needs.

Vorteile: Easy to setup, clean user interface, excellent customer support, help documents, and the automation flows helps my visitors to connect with me. Chat user interface, mobile apps, drip campaigns are easy to implement and manage.

Nachteile: More subscribers needs more investment. I wish the pop-up templates are more. No RSS to email feature.

Impressive, professional and simple to install

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Sarah C.
The Ideas Girl
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Gist is a brilliant tool for your website or course platform. I've found it easy to set up and use. My website visitors have said they love using it and I wouldn't want to be without it now.

Vorteile: I love using Gist - I use the support bot and chat function on my website and online course sales page. It's great to know that I can be anywhere and there is support for my website visitors whenever they need it, 24-7. I've recommended Gist to clients who have also found it easy to set up and install. It looks great and I think it is a must-have function for any modern website.

Nachteile: There really isn't anything I dislike about using Gist, it's a great service and once set up needs no real maintenance or effort.

All-in-one marketing and customer support tool

Bewertet am 17.12.2019
Uwe D.

Vorteile: The Gist team created a feature-rich, thought-through and affordable tool for customer support, live chat and marketing automation. We mainly use the live chat, contacts/segmentation and email features. They also offer a Knowledgebase feature that we will soon implement. I love their speed of development and the brand-new user interface redesign.

Nachteile: So far it ticks all the boxes. Sometimes support replies within minutes, other times it might take a day or so. Could be more consistent.

Powerful suite of tools that just keep getting better

Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Tristin R.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: With one platform I get chat support, email marketing, marketing automation, and all of my customer relationship needs met. It's a wonderful tool for simplifying my tech stack. I love it.

Vorteile: Gist provides endless ways of interacting with customers. I can chat and email with them, track their usage on my site, qualify them, add tags and other profile information, and so much more. There is even an awesome live view that lets me spy on visitors to see how they're using the site. The tools are powerful, easy to use, and constantly getting improvements. It seems like every week there is another update being rolled out that substantially extends the functionality or usability of the features in Gist. I am blown away.

Nachteile: Plan limits can be confusing. For example, there is a monthly charge for support and a monthly charge for "growth," plus there's a separate charge depending on how many contacts and seats you have. Perhaps this is normal in the industry, but it can make it a little challenging to understand the bill every month. Additionally, the vast amount of features means development will never be as fast as you'd like it to be (even though they release updates all the time). This may not actually be a valid concern, and it certainly isn't unique to Gist (who doesn't have a wishlist they're waiting on their favorite SaaS to get to?), but I do believe the likelihood of being stuck without your desired feature being developed goes up a lot as the product gets bigger and bigger.

Happy with Gist

Bewertet am 24.7.2019
Bret C.
Secretary
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Managing support via email is untenable. Stuff gets lost. Wires get crossed. Aggregating support enables us to provide higher quality service to our customers. It also allows team members to add notes, so we can have a record of why any given decision was achieved.

Vorteile: Gist is similar to Intercom. It's a platform for managing your customer contacts and your communications with them. I like that, you can field inquiries for onsite chat, Facebook Messenger, and Twitter Direct Messages in a single location. Gist aggregates all your support channels. We use Gist for managing support and for communicating with property owners. I've not once experienced an outage. It always performs quickly. There's an iOS app. User experience is more than an app. It's the support you receive with it and how quickly the team responds to feedback. I genuinely like Gist's support team. They're a great bunch of people. On couple occasions, they're deployed changes in the same day. They always follow-up. A+ on the people side.

Nachteile: The one major change I want to see is how Gist user identity is managed. A single user can have multiple projects. That's fine. However, user identity is persistent across projects in an account, and there is no concept of an admin user. So, if you're communicating as two different entities -- abc.com and xyz.com -- you need to create a separate Gist account. While that's manageable, it's unmanageable in the iOS app. You can only be logged-in with one account at a time. If the model will continue as multi-project to single-domain, that's okay. However, in that configuration, the iOS app needs multi-account support.

Course Creator's Dream: marketing, customer service, booking, knowledge base - It's all here

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Andrew B.
Andrew Beach
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Love that everything is integrated and works together. Chat is cross platform with twitter, facebook and your website (javascript can be placed on any website that allows it including many 3rd party apps). Email product is maturing really well compared to others in the market in just 2 short years.

Nachteile: Having an all-in-one product is really ambitious. Doing that in 2 years is spectacular. Although some features aren't yet fully developed, the product is definitely a player against others in the space. Also needs updates to customer service/communications especially in the area of product updates.

Fantastic customer support on a service that's always expanding

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Bill A.
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We're only using them for the absolute minimum of what they can do now which is grow and manage our email list. We plan to add new things as we grow the site, but we're just getting up and moving now.

Vorteile: I like how I can really target specific people on my email list. Just because they're on my list doesn't mean that they'll get an email. I can send email to specific tags so that as I add new tags I can target emails to specific people for a better experience for them and a better result for my efforts

Nachteile: As a non developer it is a lot of reading for me to do what I need to do to set this up. My developer can just do it with the snap of his fingers, but for me I was lost when I first started just because there is so much that this software can do and there has not been a getting started manual to get us going.

A fantastic team, committed to the product - already great and getting better every day!

Bewertet am 27.6.2019
Mark T.
Chief Information Officer
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Live chat allows us to understand where our customers need help, when they may not have reached out through other methods. Automation allows us to communicate better without a large investment of time.

Vorteile: I primarily purchased Gist for live chat, and it does that really well. The chat interface is clear, simple and great looking for the end user and makes chat management really straightforward for the organisation. What was a real bonus for me is the work the team has put in around marketing automation, email and rules. Being able to schedule emails to be sent based upon user actions is a game changer (the user does not need to have engaged in live chat and the system for defining these actions is really flexible). It's a great tool - and one of the most promising that I've seen - but what really stands out is that the team behind it are a great bunch of people. They're really good on live chat (as you would hope!) and you do get to know them individually. They really care about delivering the best experience possible and the pace they are moving at with new features is admirable. It is that, above everything else, that gave me the confidence to go live with a deployment on our primary business website. I'm a very happy customer.

Nachteile: If there is one dislike, it's simply that there is so much (extra) promise in the tool but I can't have it all now! ;-) They are a young company, relatively, so there are still features which I would love to have (better notifications on stale chats, better handling of "out of hours", more automation features) but those are small things and it's the confidence that these things will come quickly that makes this a non-issue. The team really listen and act on feedback, so that's a massive bonus. I'd encourage you to get on-board at this stage. The tool is ready for prime-time use, and you have a real opportunity to actually shape the way it develops that you just wouldn't get with a more established tool.

Super easy to set up and use Customer Support app

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Karl S.
Co-Founder

Kommentare: Overall we are really happy with Gist. It suites our needs and has more features then we need. If you're reading this and you are looking for a support widget, a knowledge base with some added email automation with marketing capabilities gist is a great option. We use it every day in our SaaS App.

Vorteile: Easy to install chat widget with many options on colors and icons. Pretty much a great app overall. You never know with newer apps if they are going to be around or if there is a lot of continued development. But the Gist team is always helpful and they keep developing and developing. That says a lot for where they are headed. I see great things and we will continue to use them.

Nachteile: Early on we had some issues with email deliverability and setting up the support inbox... However, support was super helpful and let us know they had issues with their email deliverability but that they were working on improving it. They brought in some email engineers and moved over to a new backend service. It was annoying but we held out with them. It took a few painful months. However, deliverability has improved drastically and so has the email building capabilities and UI.

A Marketing Suite anyone can use

Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Vinson matthew L.
SEO Specialist
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: So far I'm very happy with Gist and their support team was outstanding. They will definitely guide and help you if your stuck into a feature or experiencing some problems or issues with a certain technology that you think is not working the way it should be.

Vorteile: Really love their live chat feature as we are seeing a lot of enquiries compared to any other communication channels such as email, and phone call. We also love how you can segment all the leads who have contacted your website using their livechat, plus the other features will help you nurture your leads.

Nachteile: Their basic lead capture forms, pop-ups. Hope they can create a better editor for this one so that we can build good looking forms that are enticing for our website visitors.

simple to navigate platform that does the job

Bewertet am 11.2.2020
Vik B.
founder

Vorteile: Been using their platform for a few years.
What I like best about Gist is that they have a monthly development cycle.
Over the years, their development and the refining of their tool has been evident. Not only do they add to their tool, but they also work to simplify it for the benefit of the user experience. Most newer companies don't have utilize that value so I'm able to appreciate that feat with Gist.
Some other points:
-Somehow gist is able to identify customers when they come to my website, even if they aren't in my database. I don't how they do it, but it's a great advantage.
-They have robust targeting features for their pop-ups
-Their support seems mostly available and responsive.
-Their platform is easy to navigate.

Nachteile: -they have automation features, tracking features, integrations, and so on, it seems like they have everything that an automation platform would have on a basic level.
-Their chat works fine but perhaps I think that their chat feature can be developed upon to be more inline with bigger competitors in the chat space like Intercom (automation email requests, etc...)
-Also - a visual display for the email workflow like what Sendinblue has would be helpful, but not necessary.
-Utilizing forms *not* connected to popups would be advantageous, but technically it works fine.

Best all in 1 Marketing Automation Solution Ever!

Bewertet am 28.1.2020
Ivan C.
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: One of the best experience I ever had

Vorteile: I just love Gist's chatbot integrations with other applications. Seems like Gist has gone a long way from then. They now have tons of 3rd party integrations supporting them. Gist saves my time and money as now I do not have to own multiple applications and Gist solves half of my business pain points within 1 single platform.

Nachteile: You need to start building your email trust to grow your number of sends through time. The system will take multiple considerations such as bounce rate and opens to avoid spam. I believe if you are sending legit emails as a new client, you would do just fine. Understandable as Gist needs to keep their email deliverability clean on a global scale.

Gist works well for us

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Jói S.
Founder/CEO
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Love the single unified conversation view that feels like a social media messaging app but has all the power I need to assign conversations to team mates, snooze conversations, and tag contacts if needed. Also love that it brings our website chat widget, Facebook Messenger chat and one of our shared inboxes all together into one view.

Nachteile: The only problem I've had is that for the shared email inbox we use it for (our info@ inbox) it doesn ot always deal correctly with accented characters. This doesn't prevent use from using it but would be nice to fix.

Gist is a powerhouse in the making

Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Oliver B.
SEO Strategist
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The fact that EDMs, transactional emails, support chat, bots and knowledgebase features are all in the one place, connected by automation triggers and workflows is very useful.
The scope of personalisation you can achieve by combining all these elements on top of a single user database which includes user behaviour is powerful.

Nachteile: Some features a still underdeveloped such as the pop-ups, but I do see the Gist team making steady progress and am sure these items will be developed.

A Fantastic Tool For Marketing And Support

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Abe C.
Co-Founder - VP Businness Development

Kommentare: I am subscribed to the highest tier of Gist, so I am taking the full advantage of the platform. I use it for lead capture, customer support, live chat, and email marketing. I was able to customize the chat widget to match my site's branding and the whole experience is very smooth. I have recommended Gist to some of my friends and they also started to use it in their businesses. Purchase with confidence.

Vorteile: I've come to depend on the live chat feature so much that I cannot run my business without it. The mobile app makes my dream of running my business remotely a reality. Two months ago I was on the Swiss Alps and got a message from a potential client, I was able to close the customer while spending the day on the mountain top. Not to mention that the knowledge base makes supporting customers on the go a breeze.

Nachteile: Their email marketing features are still not where I would like them to be but they are improving all the time.

Chat, Email Automation and Now Help Desk - All in One Solution

Bewertet am 16.8.2019
Hardik K.

Kommentare: It was great experience till now and they are improving it day by day.

Vorteile: It's eliminate the use of multiple products.
Easy to use all in one solution with Automation.

Nachteile: Admin UX was not that must great, But now they are working on it.

Gist - One stop live chat and support solution

Bewertet am 22.7.2019
Vibhor S.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Been using gist for a while now and it has been amazing in our testing phase and we have evolved over this time as we tested and implemented all the templates that we created and knowledge base that we increased. It has the potential and capabilities to handle the incoming influx and can render the information contained within.
Live chat, email responses, inter-team connectivity, bots, behaviour you name it it has it

Vorteile: All in one feature is amazing. Love chat, email automations, funnels, email templates, integration and the list goes on.

Nachteile: Nothing so far. However a live call feature would be a plus.

Everything you need in one place

Bewertet am 2.8.2019
Andie S.
Customer Success Specialist

Kommentare: I am a customer support specialist so I answer sales inquiries, FAQs and perform product demos. It makes the entire process seamless so I don't have to toggle between different tools/apps.

Vorteile: Great tool for managing contacts and much more. In-app messaging system with calendar integration for scheduling meetings makes setting up calls a breeze. We can also directly send knowledge base articles from within the messenger. Ability to tag/assign tickets/conversations to other team mates so there's no need to use supplemental tools for task assignments. Tracks user activity and provides real-time data!

Nachteile: The only thing missing is the ability to merge tickets/conversations but I was informed that it's in the works.