Über Postman

Verwalte alle APIs deines Unternehmens in Postman, mit der branchenweit umfassendsten API-Entwicklungsumgebung.

Erfahre mehr über Postman

It allows our QA and Application Support teams to simplify the methods of developing APIs. GUI is quite straightforward and user friendly.

It adds some headers to your request, regardless of your authorization, and sometimes this leads to an error response from my backend APIs.

Bewertungen zu Postman

Postman hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 482 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Postman bereits verwendet?

Mike
VP of Customer Success
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

An incredible tool for professionals and amateurs alike

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Kaushlendra
Kaushlendra
Software QA Engineer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Best tool for API Testing

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I like this tool very much for API and Database testing and It is very easy to use and validation check is very important for this tool.

It is best tool for testing API's before integration as well as to check validation. We can easily know the Backend Database Validation as well as API responses and their time as well as input data in the form of Params , helps very much.

I do not see any major issue in this tool and it is best tool used by major Software Community. It is easy to handle and there is no drawback in this tool.

buddhi
Senior Software Engineer in Sri Lanka

Everyday software for API testing

Kommentare: I do backend API development and I use postman for those API testing. Most importantly it is free. Postman saves my time a lot.

I can create postman requests for APIs and test them. I can add headers, parameters, request bodies and this supports different API formats such as REST and SOAP. Usually I use REST API testing and once I test them, I copy the curl and send it to others or I export the collection and send if I have multiple APIs. I must say this is very organizable tool where I can create collections and inside I can create folders and save data and later I can search them easily.

I have been using postman for 6 years now and I haven't experience any issue.

Flavio
Flavio
Software architect in Brasilien
Telekommunikation, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

It could be better

Postman is vital to prepare test campaigns, it is relatively easy to use, and consumes very little processing from the host testing machine

The search engine in Postman is terrible. It does not look inside REST body payloads for example. The management of the collections is cumbersome! I would like to have in Postman something like the IDE tools provide, such as workspace and projects management (files location management and refactoring tools)

Tsvetelina
Administrative assistant in USA
Buchhaltung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Good application, need little improvements

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I enjoy it. I use it daily for my projects and would recommend it.

Free to use user-friendly interface handling different formats

Cannot proccess a lot of requests and can be challenging when having a lot of projects to be done within a deadline

Daniel
Daniel
QA Engineer in USA
Rechtsberatung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

API testing made easy

Kommentare: Very positive

Postman is hands down the easiest API test you can do. You can easily navigate around the software and see all the results you expect. While you can use other tools, Postman just makes it simple and easy to use.

I don't have any dislikes here the software is great and it does what I expect it to do.

Andres
Senior Software Engineer in Australien
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

An important API testing tool

Kommentare: Despite the challenge that goes into setting up this tool, it remains invaluable in my day to day development.

Flexible, featureful and inexpensive. Once set up, it is an invaluable tool to assist my API testing efforts

Due to how featureful it is, it has a steep learning curve. Meerly setting up a single request and response is easy enough, but trying to sort out a whole API and environments on it will prove challenging.

Diego
Diego
Sr Programmer Analyst in Mexiko
Computer-Software, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, a must have for debugging purposes

Kommentare: I had to test and implement different APIs, so there's no better way to debug and consume a RESTful service than set up your operations and get the results right away in your screen.

The export/import features when you need to backup your computer and re-install all your workspace It's really easy to use and set up your REST operations. Manages different environments My favorite feature is the collections to organize your different projects

It takes significantly more time to load the app than other products I'd like it to personalize more with different color schemes.

Alvaro
Software Developer in Italien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Excellent tool for testing web services, APIs, etc.

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

It has an intuitive, simple and customizable graphical user interface. Broad compatibility with numerous web technologies and protocols. Wide range of functionality to design, test and document APIs.

It can be difficult to manage collections and large project requests. Cannot process more than 1000 API requests.

Kiranjit
Developer in Indien
Marketing & Werbung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Try Postman for the better API implementation

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

I use Postman for API Implementation. In short, I feel, made a good decision for choosing postman for my project. Recommending to everyone who need API work or any API implementation. It's great deal to use and work with.

I feel no such trouble till now I am facing.

Julia
Analyst in USA
Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Postman calls for software implementation

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Postman has great organization in-app that helps keep our teams aligned. Calls are simple enought to post/ make which means it is user friendly for a majority of my colleagues

Some errors are not clear and require a lot of individual troubleshooting

Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Postman does everything a tool for API development needs to do and more!

Kommentare: Postman is my tool of choice when working with APIs. It does offer most of the features one may need while also being easy to use and learn.

I am using the free version of Postman in my daily work as a software tester. It's the application I use for working with APIs and, for me, it offers most of the features I need while also being intuitive and having a pleasant UI. Regarding REST services, it does offer the functionalities anyone would expect for running the APIs, nothing special here - it does what a software used for running webservices should do. Postman stands out for me for the additional features it offers - posibilities to add multiple environments and variables based on those environments, a history tab with the requests and responses ran in the past, ability to write tests in app, ability to automatically run those tests (with some limitations for the free version), grouping collections under a workspace and then change through workspaces (in case there are multiple different projects a user has to work with), ability to export and share the collection and environment variables and possibility to run the tests within a CI system. Even though I barely used it for other types of services, I know that Postman works with SOAP and GraphQL too.

I would say that Postman is in a weird place with the "Team Workspaces" for the free version. For this, they offer 25 different calls that can be registered within the team. In every situation I was in, this number was too low, even for the smallest projects I worked with. It was never useful to start working within a team workspace because we were always getting to the point where the older calls were deleted because we were exceeding the limit. After a few tries, I gave up completely on this feature. Personally, a limit to 50 would have been more useful - I can understand this is their business model and they offer payed alternatives, but in my opinion the "Team Workspace" feature is not usable in the state which is now.

Informationsdienst, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

The gold standard for API development

Kommentare: Web integration between web apps and writing data from web apps to web based databases.

The perfectly synced cloud version of the app with the desktop version make this an incredible app to use. Having all changes synced to all devices is very valuable and sets this as the gold standard for API design.

The free tier is good, especially if can limit yourself to a desktop version or fewer than 1000 calls per month in the cloud version. But wanting to jump to a next version requires payment for a team and a hard ceiling on the number of calls. Also, if you are using the free version and you run out of your 1000 calls allotment, there is no alert and no way to get more calls until the beginning of the next month.

Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

I am constantly finding new things that I can do with the application

Kommentare: I love using Postman because if does exactly what I want it to do. I work with enough people that we are always finding new features and seeing how much more we can use this service for our company.

Where I work we have to take a lot of different language formats (HTML, Javascript, JSON and so forth) my preference is XML and not only will it convert the Language format, it also has an option to "Beautify" As long as you know what you are doing, Postman executes REST API's perfectly. You can set up your parameters, headers, text Bodies and even set up authorizations. I have dozens of calls saved so that it was remarkably easy to just run the API and it is good to go in seconds.

There are two things that I have found to be a challenge : 1. With large Response file bytes that come through, if can take a really long time to load and interact with the data. Postman can become sluggish and even non-responsive for longer periods of time. The fix is to set the bodies data to RAW and then it will run smooth, but by default, this option is not selected. 2. If you do not know what you are doing - this can feel not very user-friendly. There is a training section called "Bootcamp" but it told you what to do rather than what things are for. An example I have was I was trying to figure out what all of the different Methods produce but it would just tell me that the most common method is "GET" Just know that the training is more of a walkthrough rather than a roadmap.

Piyush
Piyush
Web Developer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best tool for API Testing

Kommentare: We are trying to test the API's before rolling them out in prod and I can say the experience has been awesome.

Me and my team work on creating and testing API's every day and I can say Postman is the most easy to use tool for API testing. Its features are easy to use and self explanatory and even the new joinees in my team were able olearn it quickly.

At this moment there is nothing to dislike, its one of the best API tools available in market. If they can do upgrades and version releases quickly , that would be great.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Postman - Your go to tool for API

Kommentare: Been my to go tool for api testing. Recommended

The tool is number one in market for API development and Testing. Its simplicity makes it very user friendly and great features add up.It has some great integration with tools like github, jenkins, makes a great fit for API

The backward compatibility of the tool is quite not good. Which makes users to refrain from upgrading to latest versions and losing out on new features

Raj
Raj
Software Developer in Indien
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

API development, management and collaboration using Postman

Postman simplifies API development and management. Different workspaces and API requests are organized in an ordered manner and can be accessed using both the browser and the installed application interfaces. It is possible to add other team members, which assists in collaborative development.

Reusing global variables in APIs is not possible using Postman. The variables have to be added every time in the local environment.

Sanchit
Sanchit
Software Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

One tool to do it all!

- Intuitive and aesthetic UI - Request method (GET/POST etc.) is color-coded making it easy to differentiate requests through mere glances - Sharing capability to make it easy to test APIs out with sample requests - Seamless collaborative features - Environments for sensitive information + sharing variables across requests so individual requests do not need to be edited, which helps save a lot of time - Ability to generate code snippets in various languages quickly - Lots of features in the free tier

- Resource intensive, I occasionally need to restart the app because it slows my computer down - If you forget to save a request and duplicate it, the duplicate will have the saved version of the request (which makes sense) but the indicator for a dirty/unsaved file is very subtle (which does not make sense)

Masoud
Software Developer in UK
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My API calls repository securely stored in the cloud!

Kommentare: I cannot imagine creating a prototype API workflow without Postman these days! Few HTTP verb methods and I'm on my way to code them up!

I love Postman as it stores all my API calls automatically in the cloud and I can reuse them on other machines by simply signing into my Postman account! Creating a new API call is fairly simple and the options and configurations are vast which makes it super flexible and fit for the job. I've tried many other alternatives and Postman is without a doubt the winner in the game. The user interface is slick and very friendly and you'd receive updates frequently to fix the bugs or drop new features every now and then. The other cool feature of Postman is that you can generate the code to call the API in numerous programming languages. This makes it super handy when you just want to put a prototype app together.

Seriously, I cannot think of any cons for Postman. The only thing that I might be able to point out is the fact that in the past there was only a single case where the GET or POST was not being configured properly and was causing a lot of headaches for everyone which got fixed straight away. I also wish if Request Chaining could be added to Postman.

Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Postman Review

Postman is an impressive tool where we can test and debug our Rest APIs in a very ergonomic way. It has an attractive interface where we can send many requests to the API and thereafter retrieve their responses with many other useful parameters such as the time of execution. Indeed, each request is enveloped with the API properties such as url, port, method type, parameters and so on. Moreover, it is possible using postman to validate programmatically the API responses. For example, we can write a script to check the schema of the response.

Rest APIs do not have graphical interfaces, which complicates the examination of their proper functioning. However, Postman solves this problem, as it has a graphical interface facilitating the testing and the validation of the APIs.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Review for Postman

Kommentare: I really like the fact that there is a free version for individual users and my overall experience with postman is very satisfying. I would like to see another feature where it allows us to publish a single or multiple requests to a team workspace, where we do not have to create the same API endpoint in the team workspace.

Postman is a tool that most developers/QA personal use for their day-to-day work. It provides all the main features that we expect for testing APIs. And the cool thing is it just not stops there. It gives you the ability to host APIs, create clean documentations, publish/import/export APIs and environments which are very useful features. And there are plenty of other features that I'm not using.

Before version 8, it used to be very user-friendly, but now it seems a bit complicated even for the ones who used the product.

Rehan
Software engineer in Sri Lanka

Everyday developer testing tool

I do all my API testing with postman once I finished developing them. I use the desktop free version and even though it has limited features, they are enough for me to proceed with developer testing. I create collections and can create requests inside. I can keep everything in clean in organized manner. Once I completed the developer testing I share or export and send the same collection to the QA engineer.

If I try a POST request with a huge request body, them the app gets stuck. And it takes some time to come to the normal state.

Kenechi
Software Engineer in Nigeria
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Postman

Kommentare: I have chosen to know no other app asides Postman. Its far better than the other I have tried.

Postman handles almost all kinds of request with different data formats. It make API development very easy.

It can sometimes get confusing to navigate the app, especially when there is an update

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Postman Review!

Kommentare: Postman is one the best API testing tool I have used so far. It has been the best platform in the market till date.

Postman has the capability to seamlessly integrate with diverse tools, such as those for continuous integration and deployment. This makes it simpler to incorporate API testing into the development workflow.

When handling large datasets or running automated tests, Postman requires a significant amount of resources, which could result in slower performance on computers that are less powerful or outdated.

Ozone
Jr. FullStack Developer in Nepal
E-Learning, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Decent software for API Testing

Postman provides the ability for setting environments, writing tests, and creating different workspace, which is greatly convenient to have alongside API testing. It also allows to create and store structure folders and HTTP calls to help find the right API calls for all the team members.

Although most of the features provided by Postman are great, there has been some challenges working with file uploads, mostly in GraphQL. As the query variables are provided in JSON, files are not able to be directly uploaded through there, and some hack with form data is required to send calls with file upload instead of sending from within graphql tab.

Mel
Director Application Test in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Postman for API Testing allows flexibility for Teams

Kommentare: I appreciate the various applications that have APIs that Postman enables us to model automated workflows before we implement integrations or develop utilities that span multiple applications.

Creating collections that can be used across multiple environments has been key to our Postman use. We are able to share collections with Dev/Test/Project Teams and add assertions for validation and confirmation.

Limited to the Chrome browser and I would like to see a scheduler for running collections.