Über Sigma Computing

Sigma schließt die Lücke zwischen Datenteams und Geschäftsprofis. Um mehr über Sigma zu erfahren, besuche bitte die Webseite des Unternehmens oder trete der C

Erfahre mehr über Sigma Computing

Easy and intuitive user interface. Licensing is for creators, viewer usage unlimited.

Sometimes when I have put things into the CSV filter they end up in the wrong place. Also the UI is kind of weird if you've never used it, but I was able to get used to it fairly quickly.

Bewertungen zu Sigma Computing

3,9
3,9

Sigma Computing hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 81 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Sigma Computing bereits verwendet?

Joseph
Joseph
Principal Analytics Architect in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great model for rapidly evolving analytics

Kommentare: Sigma is the fastest and easiest BI tool to deploy. Iteration on the semantic layer is a cinch. Sigma is a delight to work with as a vendor. Their support is superbly responsive (during business hours - they don't have global timezone coverage yet). Sigma's pricing model is reasonable and very friendly to orgs where 80+% of the employees need live data access.

Sigma has the right model. From the user perspective, the columnar formula editing feels familiar enough, and the learning curve is friendly to anyone with spreadsheet experience. From an architect perspective, the semantic layer is lightweight and easy to adapt to ever-changing schemas. The UI covers most of the functionality you'll want, and for everything else you can fall back on writing your own code, like cron strings or SQL queries. I let Sigma do probably 95% of my querying, leaving the gnarliest 5% for me to write in their SQL runner. I do a significant amount of lightweight ELT work in Sigma as well. I like being able to write massive views that I know I'm going to have to update often, and just like Snowflake / Sigma materialize them for me. When I use Sigma to query S3 directly in the SQL runner - usually to POC some new data that hasn't made its way out to the business teams yet - this functionality is really convenient because those queries are not efficient. I just need to get new data in front of the business as quickly as possible.

Visual discovery is lacking when compared to mature tools like Tableau. Sigma needs to continue chipping away at the Tableau features around dashboarding and charting.

Nicholas
E-Learning, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Incredible power and flexibility

Kommentare: I am obsessed with Sigma, by far my favorite BI tool I've used. It let me do calculations myself that would usually require whole cycles of data requests, and affords me much more flexibility.

* Ability to pull any data I need or want * Complexity of calculations possible while being easy to use * Seriously those grouping levels are VERY powerful

* Pivot tables are the one thing they haven't aced yet - you can make them but then to calculate cased on them you need to make a new dataset and then a new sheet. You can do pretty much all the same work with just levels though so I don't miss them too often. * I wish my default permissions could be "public" - I'm never doing anything private, so why is that the default? * Maps could use some work. I want to color-map countries, not just display dots

martha
drop ship manager in USA
Bekleidung & Mode, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

positively mixed feelings

Kommentare: Overall I have access to more than our previous reporting system, which is a positive. However, as self serve as it is I wish connecting tables and validating was more straightforward as a user.

I like how customizable it is. From a good basic report I can move things around to suit my needs. In addition it has many options for how to export, which is great as I use excel for more complex files & google sheets for collaborating & sharing findings.

Load times to get to a report or filter can be killer for some reports that pull from many data sources, and have large amounts of information. The permissions are a bit annoying when a report is created for me by an admin, but I am the report owner (as it was made for my department), but I can't make my own changes (w/o admin privlidges) and archive the main one. In these cases, I have to request the admin to make the changes, or make a copy and publish my own report and again contact the admin to delete or move the report so that mine is the one the team goes to first.

Jordan
Service Delivery Manager in Kanada
Logistik & Lieferkette, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The BI tool of the future

Kommentare: Love it. We previously had Looker as our BI tool and this is a HUGE improvement over that tool. Ease of use, clarity of features, flexibility of the system are all significantly improved. Couldn't be happier with our switch, I know my whole team would say the same thing.

Ease of use, especially the ability to write custom SQL queries to build datasets and reports. The visualization builder is also very user friendly and has made throwing together dashboards for internal or external use significantly easier. Saves me and my colleagues a ton of time!

There have been some features identified by the team that we need for Enterprise-level software that were missing, many have been addressed though. A major bugbear of mine is that the filters don't seem to react to each other if there are multiple on a dashboard, they filter independently of other inputs.

Andy
Andy
BI Architect, Cofounder in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Sigma plus Snowflake is a revelation!

Kommentare: It has exceeded my expectations in ease of use and the productivity my team has been able to achieve.

I love the secure cloud hosting, the ease of connecting to data sources, the fact that it queries the data directly, but most I like the grid based view of data that is always at hand. Being able to view, sort, filter, and create calculations on the data in a familiar spreadsheet-like interface is genius. The “Column Details” feature allows me to quickly understand the range of values in the system.

I’ve generated several feature requests for areas we’d like to see more detail.

Tania
Software Engineer in Mexiko
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Using Sigma as a Software developer

Kommentare: I think is a nice tool, is easy to use and it's fast. You can load your data and start analyzing it very fast, also, it's a nice tool for non technical users, but when I need more features or power I rather to use Data Studio

Is an easy to use software, I liked that it's very fast, I don't have to wait to start seeing the data

It needs more features, specially to migrate the worksheets to different environments, also it has a very limited number of functions. Sometimes the error messages are not very descriptives, so we can't know what's happening or how to solve it (we had a worksheet with an error like: "the joins are not efficient", something like that, so that message was kind of useless)

Michell
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Good price, needs more features

Kommentare: This has been a net positive for our org.

Sigma allows viewers for free, even viewers from outside your organization.

The dashboard feature is not fully built out - many features seem to be missing. For example, I can't put percents on a pie chart.

Internet, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Powerful data visualization tool

Kommentare: As a data analyst, I've have had a lot of fun building dashboards and reports with Sigma. It's very flexible and has great usability

- You can easily add data sources, and then create datasets with the columns you need - It also lets you format the columns and process the data by using formulas, very similar to what you would do in a spreadsheet, but more streamlined - You can easily join different datasets and filter data - The new dashboards are very easy to use, with a clear interface to add widgets, filters and views - They also have quick and effective customer support

- It can be a little intimidating if you are not familiar with spreadsheets

Kyle
Risikokapital & privates Eigenkapital, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great product and better value

Compared to competitors I found Sigma to be much more straightforward with regard to database connections and dashboard building. No complex data warehousing layer, or reporting databases to instrument / sync, it simply reads from whatever db you assign and syncs in real time. While there is still a learning curve, the excel-like functions make it friendlier to business users who are not familiar with SQL to enable them to build custom reports rather than only viewing. While there isn't a "team" assigned to you for onboarding like other tools offer, I have found adhoc email and chat support to be good enough, and certainly worth the $ saved compared to other 'implementation costs' that often come with or are built in to the pricing of competitive products.

The team/user permissioning and management could be more straightforward.

E-Learning, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

It's growing on me!

It works! We used Chartio before and it was always timing out. Sigma is reliable and accurate.

The way it auto sizes objects is annoying. I also feel like you need more technical data analysis skills to do some common things (like a year over year comparison).

Sean
Manager, Data Insights in USA
Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Revolutionary Data Tool

Kommentare: The most significant impact of Sigma has been exposing data to so many people around the business who would otherwise have had to go through the data team bottleneck, both slowing their access to data and limiting the explorability and agility of the results. However, this can be accomplished in a controlled manner with Sigma, ensuring that stakeholders only have access to vetted sources of truth procured by the data team.

- ability to explore and inspect the source data and perform sophisticated SQL functions via GUI (group, join, aggregate, etc.) - ability to create single source of truth worksheets and build all related content off of that, instead of reinventing the wheel with every new query - unlimited reader accounts allows usage to really take off and flourish instead of hamstringing itself

- pricing still unclear as to what constitutes an author vs a reader - based on recent conversations with Sigma I'm afraid that we are going to be upcharged on items that were never made clear to us (I am still unclear) - new software still has its share of bugs

ivan
Email Marketing Manager in USA
Medienproduktion, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Integration Pipeline

Kommentare: Best email marketing pipeline integration when it comes to metrics and conversion goals

It's very effective on the email marketing and CRM.

pricing can be lower but totally works.

Shamaas
Software Engineer in USA
Marktforschung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great team and a good product

The team is very willing to grow and shape out any new improvements, they also have great turnaround. However, i love how it is a web application and easily integrates with databricks.

The functionality is somewhat funky sometimes, but they are constantly improving.

Kevin
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great analytics product, easy to set up and use

Awesome team behind the product, always responsive and helpful. They've taught me a lot not only about their tool but also about data analytics.

Some UI elements could be improved, but once you know where to find certain things you'll pick it up.

Virgil
Chief Analytics and Data Officer in Kanada
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Sigma helps

I really like how easily Sigma connects with our snowflake databases, and facilitates analysis. We are growing our data and analytics practice, and Sigma helps me to respond to the innumerable ad hoc questions from the business, while allowing our team to advance our capabilities.

Currently, I write SQL to execute the LIKE function when filtering on field values. It would be great to have this feature available with wild cards in the filter part of the software.

Ibrahim Gurdal
Commercial Analytics in USA
Pharmazeutika, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for non-IT users

Sigma makes non-IT users' access and manipulation of big data super convenient and intuitive. Works great.

I think some of the self-learning features of the tool can be improved. I had to relay on in-house experts for learning some of the features of the tool.

Heather
Content Marketing Manager in USA
Konsumgüter, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great for comprehensive reporting

As a marketer, Sigma is an incredibly valuable tool that allows my team to aggregate data to inform our decisions and scale up. I like the ability to drill app activity down to the user level in order to identify trends and specific user behaviors.

It can be very overwhelming! Not instantly intuitive but not hard to learn either. My biggest complaint is that it was often very slow.

Joanne
VP Client Success in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Up and Coming Software

Kommentare: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been great to work with and always ready to help us. Support is not an issue :-)

Integration with Snowflake, Ability to load data files, Ability to analyze large data sets, Excel like functions

Dashboards are a little quirky and limited on drill down capabilities; heat maps are missing; and other features expected in a BI tool; need more training options

Josy
Sr Program Manager in USA
Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Sigma from a user's perspective

Kommentare: It is good lightweight tools to understand data and stats about the data.

It is easy to set up reports, charts and graphs. I can drill down from graphs to worksheet easily and get detailed information

When we have more data (like one year's transaction), the queries take longer time; sometimes it times out.

Betsy
Customer Success Manager in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great Potential

Kommentare: We're starting to think of problems we can solve, but having disorganization in your company's data doesn't make it easier.

The ease of combining data sets and manipulating data in a way that makes sense to me.

It's not super user-friendly. I don't have a ton of experience with SQL and I feel like I am limited.

adya
buyer in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Review

Kommentare: It is a good software but would be so much better if loading time could be reduced

Different custom filters that can be built in, personalization

Loading time- makes the process very hard- refreshing the grid takes forever

Daniel
Data Architect in Kanada
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Sigma Review

Kommentare: Sigma was very easy to setup, integrate, configure and use with our existing data stack. It was very easy to onboard end users and get them productive quickly.

The ability to easily and conditionally schedule report exports in multiple formats targeted towards our business users.

I haven't encountered any cons so in terms of features or functions. The only gap one of our analysts identified so far is the ability to determine how a worksheet's final state came to be, specifically the exacts steps performed to created the worksheet like Power BI has.

Shae
Marketing in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Decent

For the tools that it provides, Sigma is very useful. Whether it is better than other options remains to be seen, but it is a decent choice for data collection and analysis.

It is not the most user-friendly and takes a fair amount of time to set up reports in exactly the way you need. It could be far more flexible.

Arnav
Analyst in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

sigma ≠ stress

- Ease of use for individuals who aren't very familiar with databases

- Loading times - Mapping customizability

Valerie
Manager- Compliance Communications & Billing in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Software

Kommentare: This has been a great experience. I really enjoy working the system and our team for supplying the training we needed to learn how to use this system.

I run a lot of reports and I like that I have access to do so at any time.

I am not sure if it is a con yet. It could be just because I am learning how to use the system more.