Dropbox Paper Erfahrungen

Über Dropbox Paper

Kollaborativer Arbeitsbereich, der Teams hilft, Dokumente für ihre Meetings zu organisieren.

Erfahre mehr über Dropbox Paper

Downloading files from cloud taking more duration. Difficult to upload the folder directly to the cloud.

Bewertungen zu Dropbox Paper

Dropbox Paper hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 143 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Dropbox Paper bereits verwendet?

Habibah M.
Habibah M.
Information Technology Support Assistant in Malaysia
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Edit online document with ease.

Kommentare: I work on an IT team, and I've started using Dropbox Paper's to-do list features to create my information technology plans. However, I am hoping it had a daily calendar alternative! Overall, it's a valuable method for managing projects when working with others.

I believe Dropbox Paper is a relatively new feature. It has a fantastic general layout that allows you to create tables, describe the text, create a to-do list, tag people, and create a timeline. You may emphasize text or leave a note directly in the paper, making it simple to keep track of progress and make decisions.

I hope the to-do list could place the dates in sequential sequence and attach them to the calendar automatically. The choice is currently available, but it is entirely manual. Plus, for color coding, I need more highlight color choices so it i can distinguished between the notes or the editing that has added to the document.

Technical Lead - Data Analytics in USA

So simple, but very power for organization and task coordination

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Paper is, for my team, the ideal replacement for hardcopy notes and simple assignments. Too many alternatives try doing too much in a small window of use. Dropbox Paper keeps you connected, on the same page, and mobile when need be.

The most powerful feature for us (working in software) has been the simplistic yet powerful markup and shortcuts system. The formatting is so easy to use but also isn't restricted to one method, allowing more mouse-centric or keyboard-oriented users flexability.

I wouldn't mind seeing a dedicated desktop application in addition to the browser interface. Even if it was just a PWA, it would keep users from being so married to more tabs in their web browser.

Laura T.
Communications Coordinator in USA
Marktforschung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Has a lot of potential!

Kommentare: I work on a marketing team and I have started building my marketing plans directly in Paper for the to-do list functionality. I wish it had a regular calendar option though! Overall, it is a useful tool that is helpful for project management when collaborating.

I think the Dropbox Paper feature is fairly new. It has a great general layout where you have the ability to create tables, explain the document, make a to-do list and tag people plus make a timeline. You can highlight text or leave comments directly in the document which makes tracking progress and decisions super easy.

I really wish the to-do list had a capability to automotically put the dates in chronological order and add them to the timeline. Right now the option is there, but it is all manual. Plus, I could use more highlight color options for color coding!

Javier A.
Javier A.
Senior UX Designer in Spanien
Computer-Software, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for writing and sharing

Kommentare: I love this tool. I write practically all my text with it.

Paper is a incredibly well polished cloud based wysiwyg markdown editor and along with Medium has set the standard for these. It includes some handy features like tables and to-do lists It comes directly with your Dropbox account. It also has very easy sharing. But above all its minimalistic interface helps you focus on writing and removes most distractions.

Since it is markdown based, it lacks but the most basic formatting options. So if you want more visual adjustments or advanced word processing features, you won't find them in paper

Business Owner in USA
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A better version of Google Docs

Kommentare: It helps when we have a larger story to work on or project, allowing editors to look in on work and make changes, even though we're not in the same room (or the same building).

Easy to use, perfect for groups working on projects. Not only can you share documents, but you also can get updates from different group members. In some ways, it's like a mix of Google Docs and Stack.

Nothing really. It's works well, both on wifi and using data on phones and laptops. It doesn't take long to train an employee to use it successfully.

Web Analyst in Polen
Marketing & Werbung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Simple, sometimes too much

Kommentare: I was using Paper in the previous company, and I remember that I liked it as long as I was able to find what I was looking for.

I liked the easiness of using the app. It's really simple to create a document, edit it, and even share it within the organization. It has a quite dynamic development.

Files organization and search. Unless you are the master of structures, you may find it hard to find a document among hundreds of others. What's more, it's sometimes hard to tell what Paper is really for: it's not exactly a good replacement for Google Docs, neither as for documentation tools like Confluence or Notion. The simplicity has its price.

Shanda M.
Freelance in Kanada
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Aesthetically Pleasing Design

Kommentare: Dropbox paper is super easy to learn to navigate and use. With all of the choices available to you, you can make some pretty aesthetically-pleasing documents! If the people you'll be sharing with appreciate that sort of thing, I highly recommend giving it a try.

One of the greatest things about Dropbox Paper is that it gives you the freedom to design your documents precisely the way you want. As a result, you can make some very stunning documents!

Since a lot of the people I was sharing the documents with preferred how easy it was to use Google Docs instead, I didn't end up using it as frequently as I would have preferred.

Aaron A.
Business Manager in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Interactive documents

Kommentare: I like being able to bring my documents to life. Much less boring than plain old word processors.

We can create documents that are interactive and it adds a whole new level to word documents.

I wish it had more features like Microsoft Word. But it does ok with the basics.

Nicholas H.
Pharmacist in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Helps to replace Google drive

This is a very easy platform to use for collaboration and task delegation. It functions in an analogous manner to that of Google drive.

Not as many functionalities as Google drive but very easy to use and accomplish tasks.

Unathi V.
Sales Admin Manager in Südafrika
Lebensmittelproduktion, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Dropbox Paper

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

The software is easily obtainable & accessible.

The system is user friendly and integration was smooth.

Arlene G.
Pharmacist in Philippinen
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Storing and sharing of files in Dropbox

Kommentare: Designing a simpler approach to keep files in sync was part of making work better for individuals. Today, it entails creating solutions that decrease busywork so you may concentrate on the important tasks.
The majority of productivity tools obstruct your progress. They ding, distract, and disturb the flow of your team, so you spend your days hopping between apps and tracking down feedback. It's a waste of time, not the important stuff. This is something we want to fix. I believe that there is a better way to work. Dropbox makes it easier for people to stay organized, stay focused, and communicate with their teams.

Dropbox's key benefit is that it is absolutely free. There are no hidden fees or extra expenses after you begin using the service. When you sign up for a Dropbox account, you get two gigabytes (GB) of storage space for free. This is a generous amount of storage. There are, however, ways to expand your area without spending a dime. Sending Dropbox fan mail, connecting your Dropbox to social media, and urging family, friends, and other individuals to join Dropbox are all examples of these ways. Dropbox allows you to share files. All you have to do is place the files in a folder that is designated for sharing with certain users or the general public to do this. Dropbox is also an excellent platform for storing and backing up data. This implies that if your computer or smartphone fails or is lost, you can simply access all of the files stored on it using Dropbox. This will save you a lot of time and effort.

The security of the files is one of the tool's drawbacks. Dropbox's security has been called into question. There have been a number of instances of servers being hacked and data being stolen. As a result, any sensitive information stored on Dropbox should be kept safe. The encryption used to protect user data on Dropbox is currently only known by the developers. Users are not permitted to encrypt their information before uploading it to Dropbox.

Aleksandra S.
Aleksandra S.
Freelancer in Polen
Kunst & Handwerk, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Minimalism and Speed

Kommentare: Dropbox Paper works great in browser and on Android, allowing on accessing my notes on the go. Issues I had with its compatibility were resolved after I reported them, which made me more keen on using it as the developer team was ready to listen to issues.
Despite some organization issues, it is a versatile app that streamlines the process of note-taking and makes it a hassle-free experience no matter the project type or industry.

Dropbox Paper is fast and clean markdown editor, which allows anyone to create notes on the go. Its formatting of the language is beautifully done, providing minimalist and responsive environment free from distractions or unnecessary features. The editor performs well even with hundreds of images and the formatting changes are instant. There's no limit on amount of notes or their length, taking away the worry of running out of space mid-session.

Organization of the notes lacks everything that editor has. The default view of folders is rather unappealing and the slow to adjust UI can be rather confusing, often resulting in creation of many empty documents instead of opening an exiting one. Folders are displayed as a list as opposed to a nesting tree seen in many other note-taking applications, and there is no way to set a categories for folders or color-code them for easy access. A dark mode for the app and browser version would make it a lot easier to use for those with nightly creativity surge.

Abigail N.
Abigail N.
Founder in Kenia

Great Software for collaboration

Kommentare: Great! I use Paper to brainstorm, work on writing projects, collaborate and share my work easily. The android app is a life saver!

1. Integration with Dropbox storage (I can embed a file in my Dropbox storage that others can easily access and download 2. Formatting options (H1, H2, H3, bold, underline, italics etc.) 3. Ability export to docx and pdf 4. Collaboration (I used this to collaborate with writers from all over the world, and it makes it easy to see who wrote what, what was changed, the comment option is great for chatting with collaborators) 5. Mobile app (I love this feature as the Android app works just as well as the desktop version) 6. Organizations. I like the ability to create templates that can be used for new notes, create folders and subfolders to keep my notes organized, as well as the ability invite a collaborator to work on a specific document or all documents in a folder

TABLES: There is no merge feature to merge two or more columns, also with the new change/update the ability to switch your table from full size to the usual compact size is gone. Lastly I hoped it'd be able to select all columns in the top row and make the text bold or a larger size than the rest of the table but I'd have to format each column individually.

IT Systems Admin in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Dropbox Paper hits the sweet spot of simplicity and functionality

Kommentare: I use paper for meeting notes, work-night checklists, documentation (it wiki), project tracking... and various similar features with my family with the personal account.

I love the simplicity of the tasklists with due dates and assigned users. We use this tool for so many things, and its just what we need and nothing we don't in each case. (shout out to the sorting features: ctrl+arrow)

Oh geez. I can't even. I'm trying to think of any time I've been frustrated or disappointed... nothing comes to mind. I think once the auto-renaming of URLs based on the title flaked out for a bit and make links not work right. Self-corrected.

Celeste O.
Customer Support Lead in Ungarn
Druck, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Lukewarm Feelings About Dropbox Paper

Kommentare: I've only used Paper in the limited scope that my colleagues have sort of forced it upon me during our meetings and projects together. Otherwise, I'd probably still just default to Google Docs (which is admittedly, still my go to when I'm typing up something I don't need to share outside my team). So it's possible that with more time, use, and experience my impression of Dropbox Paper will improve. But currently, it just feels like a product designed to do more or less exactly what Google Docs does. There are some differences and I will admit that I enjoy using Paper when we're brainstorming and it's a great fit for our meeting notes. I also like the organization and look of all our Dropbox Paper documents better than Google Docs and sharing within our team seems rather simple. But it just feels unnatural for me in every day use and I find it difficult to perform tasks that I can easily do within Docs. I don't necessarily dislike it - but honestly the only reason I use it is because it's been adopted by people I work with.

I like that Dropbox Paper feels like a natural fit for team collaboration and meeting notes. The templates are also very nice and useful. I like the suggested fields it offers and it does help prompt me to explore and describe whatever project my team is working on.

I have so much trouble with formatting when I'm editing a document. I spend more time trying to tweak the text I entered than it took to write it in the first place. I have trouble finding the tools I need or want to use within Paper, but this might just be because I am so accustomed to other word processing software.

Shenali V.
Shenali V.
Teacher and Student in Sri Lanka
E-Learning, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Dropbox Paper Review

Kommentare: Overall, Paper is great as a group work software. It's generally okay and has a easy to use interface. It would be great if tiny facts like presentation handling were further improved. Training an employee or student to use it does not require a lot of effort, so that benefit makes it stand out from the rest of the type.

Dropbox Paper is more of a unique software. It is quite easy to handle and is an excellent program for group work. The greatest feature I see is the ability to use many media types along with it compared to other programs of the same type. It's ease of creating tasks and assigning them are overwhelming.

There are not many drawbacks when it comes to Dropbox paper, except for the fact that it does not include a spellchecker which is quite annoying sometimes. If this one feature was included I think Paper would be a more popular program in the business world.

Bram E.
Applied Researcher in Kanada

Superb note-taking tool

Kommentare: I've used Paper as a personal and professional note-taking app for the past few years. I see it as mainly a competitor to Evernote and Confluence, however it is superior to both in my opinion. The collaboration tools are excellent and the 'to-do' list is sufficiently powerful for the majority of use-cases. For myself, the best features are the fact that it uses normal markdown syntax and supports latex equations. All you need is a web-browser to use it and the mobile app is very solid.
The app is simple, but it makes excellent design choices and as a result, anyone can use it immediately. Low barrier-to-entry and simplicity are exactly what I want from a note-taking/collaboration tool, so I would highly recommend it.
It's not a replacement for a word processor, nor does it intend to be.

Simplicity, markdown syntax, latex markup, web content embedding, cross-platform

I would like footnotes and references. Performance stutters with very large documents.

Hakob A.
Hakob A.
Researcher in Tschechien
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

A very useful tool for researchers

Kommentare: Overall, I like it very much. I have kind of a newer-generation typing experience (with all this emojis, hashtags, code presentations, etc.). However, for more serious projects and research, I'd still prefer Microsoft Word and Overleaf.
Keep the good work, guys.

✔Ease of use: It is super clean. There are no unlimited numbers of options and buttons like in Word. So if there is a need to create a simple document real quick, it's absolutely possible with Dropbox Paper. ✔LaTex and code formatting: For presenting such things as a code, it is extremely handy to have a function which allows to change the text formatting to present a code (also for LaTex). Unfortunately, they are not functional :( ✔Integration with various third party services (Spotify, Prezi, we even Instagram xD)

❗ It could be much better if it could really be integrated with such services as LaTex, BibTex, Grammarly, etc. Yet, I believe it can be improved over time.

Jan O.
researcher in Deutschland
Hochschulbildung, Selbstständig

Great for quick notes - will be there any future development?

Kommentare: Dropbox Paper is a quite good piece of software that helps me to be organised on my trips and share notes with my friends. I feel, however, that its development is a little bit in stagnation. I wish they could devote more care to this - especially if they could somehow integrate it into main desktop app.

I really like how quickly I can make notes and share them, ingegrate images or even Google Maps. I am using many different types of software for notetaking but I happen to come back to Dropbox Paper every time I want to make a special document for one of my trips (research or leisure) with detailed timetable, pictures of tickets, ideas etc. It is also easy to share a very user friendly.

My biggest issue is that it crashes on my Android phone (Nexus 6p). Otherwise, I think that it should be better integrated with the desktop Dropbox application. I really don't like that I have to always go on the website just to open the document and that Dropbox paper has a separate folder strcuture. It would be great if it would be simply another document in my Dropbox folder.

Information Technology Analyst in Malaysia
Telekommunikation, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Online document editor

Kommentare: Really helpful when i drafting for our project, my other colleague can edit it and collaborate with the document. I also use Dropbox Paper as my on-the-go document creation and instantly stored on the cloud storage for easy access.

The best thing with documents stored in the cloud is, multiple users can access them. My teammates and I can be working on the same document and collaborate on it quickly. The document can be edited and updated automatically after I'm closing the document.

Nothing that i dislike about this software, everything is working, and i love working with it.

Chase F.
Instructor in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

COULD be great, but it's just OKAY

Dropbox is pretty great as a streamlined, limited-option software for document creation. It is generally aesthetically pleasing and really very easy to use, especially if you want a lot of nice-looking hyperlinks (automatically formatted to embed) and photos.

However, unlike Google Docs and Google Drive, you cannot embed Dropbox Paper docs in other places. In my opinion and use case, this kills the experience of the software. The reason I like Paper is because of the ease and casualness of it. But its best use is not as a "main line," but rather as an "extension" to be utilized by some other main line—I hope that image comes across effectively. It has so much potential, but you can tell Dropbox doesn't really care about it anymore. I'm sad about that because I really do enjoy it, despite my criticisms.

Francielli B.
Biologist in Irland
Forschung, Selbstständig

Reliable storage of personal documents

I use dropbox for years with university, I find this app extremely reliable, I have it shared with other professional colleagues and I never had any problems. Always very fast to upload documents, I like the link between different devices and I highly recommend using it.

The layout has improved a lot in the last few years, I would just like the document folders that had modifications to be in a different color, it would be easy to see.

Olga liliana M.
Olga liliana M.
Freelance in Kolumbien
Computer-Hardware, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Rewev of dropbox

Pros Dropbox Business is an evergreen tool that works because it doesn't make a decent attempt. You have statistics, organizers, and gatherings you may placed protection on files, on Folders and select exactly who in your organization desires the equipment swiftly. I moreover loved the simplicity of interfacing with one of a kind institutions. We had to work together on various Data records. While doing data, the executives and DropBox upheld the outrageous file length with practically no difficulty. It additionally permitted us to get a few facts about specific records pockets and saved time going to numerous gatherings to stroll through a primary hassle or minor error.

If fees i lean in the direction of a documenting device to be loose and straightforward to utilizé why Dropbox feels burdensome and wishes a redecorate to be práctical i would make the managerial element simpler to use and sell Dropbox enterprise for múltiple consumers not need absolute clients a few businesses need each patron in flix.

Erin J.
Teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

DropBox Review

Kommentare: It does a good job at storing all items that you may need in one location that is easily accessible.

This allows me to upload documents, pictures, etc into one location. I can then access this software from a phone, desktop computer, laptop, iPad, etc to gain access and use that document, picture, etc.

It only has a set storage limit and then you have to pay for upgrades. I thought the upgrades were too expensive.

Stephanie E.
Asst Accreditation Manager and Training Corodinator in USA
Strafverfolgung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Love it Love it and Love it Some More

Kommentare: The benefit is the ease of access both on my phone and through chrome. It is a quick place to take notes or for long term projects. It helps me share documents that I need to have other opinions or help on. I am very thankful for Dropbox Paper!

I use this every single day. I use it to write blog entries, to keep track of memberships (spreadsheet feature), and I am able to share the content with others and easily!!

The only thing I would even begin to call a "con" is I wish the "paper" documents showed up in the main dropbox instead of having to locate the "paper" section.