Dropbox Paper

Toyin B.
business owner
Kapitalmärkte, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Absolutely great

Vorteile: Drop box is a great product i love it. Its compatible with all my other devices and its fast

Nachteile: Honestly i cant really think of any negative points its a great product with lots of space

Great Software for collaboration

Bewertet am 1.7.2019
Abigail N.

Kommentare: Great! I use Paper to brainstorm, work on writing projects, collaborate and share my work easily. The android app is a life saver!

Vorteile: 1. Integration with Dropbox storage (I can embed a file in my Dropbox storage that others can easily access and download
2. Formatting options (H1, H2, H3, bold, underline, italics etc.)
3. Ability export to docx and pdf
4. Collaboration (I used this to collaborate with writers from all over the world, and it makes it easy to see who wrote what, what was changed, the comment option is great for chatting with collaborators)
5. Mobile app (I love this feature as the Android app works just as well as the desktop version)
6. Organizations. I like the ability to create templates that can be used for new notes, create folders and subfolders to keep my notes organized, as well as the ability invite a collaborator to work on a specific document or all documents in a folder

Nachteile: TABLES: There is no merge feature to merge two or more columns, also with the new change/update the ability to switch your table from full size to the usual compact size is gone.
Lastly I hoped it'd be able to select all columns in the top row and make the text bold or a larger size than the rest of the table but I'd have to format each column individually.

Best Product Ever

Bewertet am 28.1.2020
Ellie A.
Student
Bildungsmanagement, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Dropbox is the best way to access documents from anywhere and share with others regardless of what type of document you are saving. You don't have to just use Microsoft Word or just use PDF's, you can save and share anything.

Nachteile: No problems- love Dropbox with all my heart.

Minimalism and Speed

Bewertet am 21.12.2019
Aleksandra S.
Freelancer
Kunst & Handwerk, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Dropbox Paper works great in browser and on Android, allowing on accessing my notes on the go. Issues I had with its compatibility were resolved after I reported them, which made me more keen on using it as the developer team was ready to listen to issues.
Despite some organization issues, it is a versatile app that streamlines the process of note-taking and makes it a hassle-free experience no matter the project type or industry.

Vorteile: Dropbox Paper is fast and clean markdown editor, which allows anyone to create notes on the go. Its formatting of the language is beautifully done, providing minimalist and responsive environment free from distractions or unnecessary features. The editor performs well even with hundreds of images and the formatting changes are instant. There's no limit on amount of notes or their length, taking away the worry of running out of space mid-session.

Nachteile: Organization of the notes lacks everything that editor has. The default view of folders is rather unappealing and the slow to adjust UI can be rather confusing, often resulting in creation of many empty documents instead of opening an exiting one. Folders are displayed as a list as opposed to a nesting tree seen in many other note-taking applications, and there is no way to set a categories for folders or color-code them for easy access. A dark mode for the app and browser version would make it a lot easier to use for those with nightly creativity surge.

Has a lot of potential!

Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Laura T.
Communications Coordinator
Marktforschung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I work on a marketing team and I have started building my marketing plans directly in Paper for the to-do list functionality. I wish it had a regular calendar option though! Overall, it is a useful tool that is helpful for project management when collaborating.

Vorteile: I think the Dropbox Paper feature is fairly new. It has a great general layout where you have the ability to create tables, explain the document, make a to-do list and tag people plus make a timeline. You can highlight text or leave comments directly in the document which makes tracking progress and decisions super easy.

Nachteile: I really wish the to-do list had a capability to automotically put the dates in chronological order and add them to the timeline. Right now the option is there, but it is all manual. Plus, I could use more highlight color options for color coding!

Dropbox Paper hits the sweet spot of simplicity and functionality

Bewertet am 29.10.2019
IT Systems Admin
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use paper for meeting notes, work-night checklists, documentation (it wiki), project tracking... and various similar features with my family with the personal account.

Vorteile: I love the simplicity of the tasklists with due dates and assigned users. We use this tool for so many things, and its just what we need and nothing we don't in each case. (shout out to the sorting features: ctrl+arrow)

Nachteile: Oh geez. I can't even. I'm trying to think of any time I've been frustrated or disappointed... nothing comes to mind. I think once the auto-renaming of URLs based on the title flaked out for a bit and make links not work right. Self-corrected.

Love it Love it and Love it Some More

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Stephanie E.
Asst Accreditation Manager and Training Corodinator
Strafverfolgung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The benefit is the ease of access both on my phone and through chrome. It is a quick place to take notes or for long term projects. It helps me share documents that I need to have other opinions or help on. I am very thankful for Dropbox Paper!

Vorteile: I use this every single day. I use it to write blog entries, to keep track of memberships (spreadsheet feature), and I am able to share the content with others and easily!!

Nachteile: The only thing I would even begin to call a "con" is I wish the "paper" documents showed up in the main dropbox instead of having to locate the "paper" section.

Dropbox

Bewertet am 4.11.2019
Sherry N.
Purchasing Supervisor
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience with Dropbox has been good. The ability to upload files for suppliers to retrieve and quote parts I need versus having to physically send the hard copy files through the US mail, delaying receiving quotes.

Vorteile: What I like most about Dropbox is the max upload size.

Nachteile: What I like least about Dropbox is not being able to hide private files.

Simple

Bewertet am 25.11.2019
Danilo C.
BI Analyst
Telekommunikation, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It is a simple tool and offer a good way of storing my files

Nachteile: They could offer more free space in the free version

No problem with dropbox

Bewertet am 17.2.2020
Giovanni R.
Programmer
Programmentwicklung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The most obvious it is free and I can share drives to friends. It syncs between my windows and mac without a problem

Nachteile: Because I have the basic, I do not have enough space.

A better version of Google Docs

Bewertet am 17.12.2019
Business Owner
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It helps when we have a larger story to work on or project, allowing editors to look in on work and make changes, even though we're not in the same room (or the same building).

Vorteile: Easy to use, perfect for groups working on projects. Not only can you share documents, but you also can get updates from different group members. In some ways, it's like a mix of Google Docs and Stack.

Nachteile: Nothing really. It's works well, both on wifi and using data on phones and laptops. It doesn't take long to train an employee to use it successfully.

Lukewarm Feelings About Dropbox Paper

Bewertet am 19.8.2019
Celeste O.
Customer Support Lead
Druck, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've only used Paper in the limited scope that my colleagues have sort of forced it upon me during our meetings and projects together. Otherwise, I'd probably still just default to Google Docs (which is admittedly, still my go to when I'm typing up something I don't need to share outside my team). So it's possible that with more time, use, and experience my impression of Dropbox Paper will improve. But currently, it just feels like a product designed to do more or less exactly what Google Docs does. There are some differences and I will admit that I enjoy using Paper when we're brainstorming and it's a great fit for our meeting notes. I also like the organization and look of all our Dropbox Paper documents better than Google Docs and sharing within our team seems rather simple. But it just feels unnatural for me in every day use and I find it difficult to perform tasks that I can easily do within Docs. I don't necessarily dislike it - but honestly the only reason I use it is because it's been adopted by people I work with.

Vorteile: I like that Dropbox Paper feels like a natural fit for team collaboration and meeting notes. The templates are also very nice and useful. I like the suggested fields it offers and it does help prompt me to explore and describe whatever project my team is working on.

Nachteile: I have so much trouble with formatting when I'm editing a document. I spend more time trying to tweak the text I entered than it took to write it in the first place. I have trouble finding the tools I need or want to use within Paper, but this might just be because I am so accustomed to other word processing software.

Great for quick notes - will be there any future development?

Bewertet am 10.10.2019
Jan O.
researcher
Hochschulbildung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Dropbox Paper is a quite good piece of software that helps me to be organised on my trips and share notes with my friends. I feel, however, that its development is a little bit in stagnation. I wish they could devote more care to this - especially if they could somehow integrate it into main desktop app.

Vorteile: I really like how quickly I can make notes and share them, ingegrate images or even Google Maps. I am using many different types of software for notetaking but I happen to come back to Dropbox Paper every time I want to make a special document for one of my trips (research or leisure) with detailed timetable, pictures of tickets, ideas etc. It is also easy to share a very user friendly.

Nachteile: My biggest issue is that it crashes on my Android phone (Nexus 6p). Otherwise, I think that it should be better integrated with the desktop Dropbox application. I really don't like that I have to always go on the website just to open the document and that Dropbox paper has a separate folder strcuture. It would be great if it would be simply another document in my Dropbox folder.

Aesthetically Pleasing Design

Bewertet am 6.11.2019
Shanda M.
Freelance
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Dropbox paper is super easy to learn to navigate and use. With all of the choices available to you, you can make some pretty aesthetically-pleasing documents! If the people you'll be sharing with appreciate that sort of thing, I highly recommend giving it a try.

Vorteile: One of the greatest things about Dropbox Paper is that it gives you the freedom to design your documents precisely the way you want. As a result, you can make some very stunning documents!

Nachteile: Since a lot of the people I was sharing the documents with preferred how easy it was to use Google Docs instead, I didn't end up using it as frequently as I would have preferred.

DropBox Review

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Erin J.
Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It does a good job at storing all items that you may need in one location that is easily accessible.

Vorteile: This allows me to upload documents, pictures, etc into one location. I can then access this software from a phone, desktop computer, laptop, iPad, etc to gain access and use that document, picture, etc.

Nachteile: It only has a set storage limit and then you have to pay for upgrades. I thought the upgrades were too expensive.

Dropbox - Another Great Collaboration Tool

Bewertet am 15.8.2019
Sanel P.
Software Analyst

Kommentare: A very good product overall.

Vorteile: Easy to use collaborate. Great in professional and educational environments. Able to manage project easily and seamlessly. Consolidated project aspects easily.

Nachteile: Mobile app could use an offline mode. Can also be replaced with Google Drive for a free experience if you're willing to sacrifice some of the more advanced features and consolidation of project details.

Great Sharing tool

Bewertet am 22.10.2019
Jonathan K.
Teachers
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This has been a great product from the first time I used it and it still is a great product!

Vorteile: I love Dropbox because I can share any document with my colleagues and I have the ability to receive notifications when someone has shared a document with me!

Nachteile: There are a ton of functions that Dropbox has and I haven't had any issues with their product! I always look forward to the updates too!

Easy to Share Files among Users

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Kristi V.
Sales Rep
Versicherung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I think the products works for what we do. If there were many people on the file, constantly saving changes it would not be a good fit, but this is not the case for us.

Vorteile: The admin can put documents in the box at any time and I can make changes as I go. It makes file sharing so easy for all involved. Several people can be on one file at a time.

Nachteile: When more than one person is on the file and an individual saves changes, it makes a whole new file. It is often confusing as to which is the most up to date file at that point.

Stand Out Software for Quick Collaboration and Note Taking

Bewertet am 23.9.2019
Jake S.
President / IT Director

Kommentare: So far it has been a great tool for keeping track of Client specific documentation and for keeping notes for all of our meetings both internally and with clients.

Vorteile: Paper provides quick access to tools within every document which allow for teams to quickly brainstorm ideas, track changes, take notes and comment on each others ideas. Not a ground breaking product but has inbuilt simplicity that is tough to compare to.

Nachteile: When the software was newer you could not delete documents however this has since been resolved and now only the user who created the document can delete it. Admins still cannot delete documents created by users.

Another great collaboration tool by Dropbox

Bewertet am 24.7.2019
John M.
Musik, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I really like this simple tool. It is easy to use and it's really clutter-free. Collaboration is easy with this awesome app. I can add users or attendees and mention them. I can also use them for notes and brainstorming ideas. I also love the fact that I can choose a template to work with. It helped me to save time.

Nachteile: It is not as advanced as other collaboration tools. But for me, it works really well and I love its simplicity.

Excellent online share app

Bewertet am 8.2.2020
Andrey A.
Supply Planner
Medizinische Geräte, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience with Dropbox has been pretty good no complaints besides the fact that the free version might need a bit more space

Vorteile: Dropbox was one of the primary founders of mass storage on the cloud. During my university career, it was one of the most useful and innovate tool I basically used it in every course as a container where you were able to share content with your colleges, nowadays I think still is a great tool that can help to manage a lot of information regardless the finally.

Nachteile: If you like the free version and maintain many GBs on the cloud, you may need to move to the business version for more space.

No need to worry anymore that you will lose your files

Bewertet am 16.10.2019
Ina G.
Administrator
Versicherung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is a software that I kind of started to use automatically. It is just a part of my must-have softwares :).

Vorteile: I like the most that it saves the files automatically. Anything can happen and information is ...priceless. Having it backed up is great, especially if it is done automatically. I also like the option that you can go into your Dropbox account, take a photo (you go on your phone) of your notes and save it and you can access it immediately on any device.

Nachteile: Didn't find any cons - I mean you do need an internet connection, but this is normal for something that works like this.

Easy to use

Bewertet am 27.11.2019
Realtor
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I really like how the software allows you to do automatic updates. This saves so much valueable time because the files I selected are set up to automatically back up even while I am running other programs.

Nachteile: I do not like the size limits for the value.

Dropbox for cloud storage

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Akinwale O.
Quantity Surveyor
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using dropbox for a while now and it's quite interesting, am good with the 2gb free storage.

Vorteile: One of the best cloud storage I have used. It has greatly reduced my paper works. I have access to my data anywhere, anytime.

Nachteile: Dropbox is quite expensive to run because of the cost of data. working on those file on the cloud and saving it again cost much

Very useful platform to exchange documents

Bewertet am 4.10.2019
Daniela A.
Financial Director
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We need to collect permits from several instances and share all the documents in Dropbox. It is very convenient when you have folders for each event, you can keep track of deadlines, stages of task completion, etc.

Vorteile: We use it to prepare and share document for fireworks show and other event. It's easy to attach a document and anyone else who has access to the folder for this event can see it and to know what happens.

Nachteile: Sometimes it is not so easy to reach and to see document from phone, but this is not do big problem.