Easy Conversion in a click

Farrukh A.
Lead iOS Developer

Kommentare: I love it and its my first choice to convert code. Easy to use and understand. one click operation.

Vorteile: easy copy paste options, option to select different swift versions. support for xcode as plugin and project conversion.

Nachteile: copy paste limit on website. no support for dark mode. should add support for other editors.

von Swiftify an 9.8.2019

I appreciate your feedback!

1) Indeed, the free version allows converting code blocks up to 2 KB. This should cover occasional usage like converting one method at a time, however.

If you need more, you may upload one or more zipped file(s) on the Converter -> Project page. The rates to pay for an individual conversion are pretty low, so that should be sufficient for occasional usage.

2) The macOS app fully supports Dark Mode.
We are featured in the Apple's list of Apps with Dark Mode support and on https://darkmodelist.com/.
Could you suggest where are you still lacking the Dark Mode support?

3) Which other editors (s) would you like supported?
We could consider your vote for our later development.

How to convert most function from objective c to swift

Francesco N.
iOS developer
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use when there is some part of code in objective c that needs only to be converted in swift.

Vorteile: It’s very easy to use. Just copy and paste objc code and press convert: the magic will happen. All API name converted correctly and only some adjustments to make it work.

Nachteile: Some c classes are not converted correctly. Should convert in some more swiftly way some code.

I really appreciate your awesome feedback on the product.

Regarding mixed Objective-C + Swift apps, they are indeed supported in the Advanced Project Converter, which is the part of "Swiftify for Xcode" app in the Mac App Store.

Feel free to follow me up with any questions or suggestions on this matter.

About Objective C to Swift Code Converting

Bewertet am 19.9.2019
Kishan V.
ios Devloper

Vorteile: it is fast and good software. It easily converts your Objective C code Into swift.

Nachteile: I have used this software for a long time. this software is convert code is perfect and 100% sure.

It Sorta Works

Bewertet am 1.8.2019
Rich S.

Vorteile: It's good for quickly translating objc into swift.

Nachteile: You have to go over almost every line of code it translates and fix something. It still doesn't do simple things like adding "override" before viewDidAppear in viewcontrollers for example. Also, it's way too expensive. One day the price just doubled and they told me they never changed the price since they launched so it's ok. It's not ok, it's way overpriced.

von Swiftify an 2.8.2019

First of all, thanks for trying Swiftify and your constructive review!

Regarding your comment on adding the `override` keyword. The `override` keyword is properly added, but of course, only if your class derives from UIViewControler (or a superclass that also defines this method): http://swiftify.me/huz23h

Thus, you have to include the whole class declaration in the conversion for this to work properly.
If you convert a selection in Xcode, and the selected text does not include the class declaration, the converter would not know what the parent class is.

As regarding pricing, we are still looking for the best pricing model and I'll consider your feedback.
If you don't like the subscription model, you can pay for an individual conversion by uploading your zipped files or project at https://objectivec2swift.com/#/converter/project/

Anyway, I hear your feedback and I am open to any suggestions to make the product even better.

My first go-to when it comes to converting objective-c

Giovanni P.
iOS developer

Kommentare: As one who started to develop using swift it is amazing to have a tool that converts old solutions to code I can read and also use

Vorteile: The ease. No need to log in if you just have a few lines of code that needs to be converted. But live that it can also take full files.

Nachteile: Sometimes there is bugs when converting, but I as a user can usually convert anyway if I chop large code pieces to smaller chunks

Saved me time and time is money.

Bewertet am 24.7.2019
James C.
Owner/Developer

Kommentare: It has helped a lot. Today I use it more for code fragments.

Vorteile: When I had some bigger Objective-C projects I needed converted this saved me a lot time / money.

Nachteile: Didn't always get callbacks, and such form ObjectiveC. But it got better all the time.

Extremely useful converter

Daniel C.
CTO

Vorteile: The quality of the conversion. No other company managed to create such a useful migrator for Swift.

Nachteile: Maybe the pricing. And the fact that Apple did not immediately buy this and integrated into Xcode...

Simply the best objective c to swift converter

Martín B.
Senior iOS Engineer

Vorteile: Easy to setup and very simple to use on xcode.

Nachteile: Some of the objective c conversions do not correspond to the best option in the latest versiones of swift.

von Swiftify an 8.7.2019

I really appreciate your feedback.

Regarding your report that some conversions do not correspond to the best option in the latest versions of Swift.
While we are working hard on generating the best possible output, it will be probably never possible for the automated converter to produce an idiomatic Swift code, which still requires a human being ;)

Anyway, we are working hard improvements such as generating "guard let" statements whenever possible.

You may post any distinct suggestions for review here:

It just works.

Tuan nhat N.
Automotive, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: You just simply paste the code you want to convert to the box, and it "magically" appear on the other side. No other action required. It's simple and it just works.

Nachteile: Nothing so far. However, I'm only converting occasionally and not on a daily basis.

Good Plugin to convert

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Satendra S.
Lead Engineer
Computer-Software, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great, it helped me a lot to convert different code snippets quickly

Vorteile: It help a lot to convert Objective-C to Swift and save tones of time for developers. Specially it help if you are on Swift and you find some useful code snippet that you are willing to incorporate in your code.

Nachteile: Easy to use, most likely integration in Xcode itself

Happy with the converter

Dave D.
Developer
Öl & Energie, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm converting a full app from objective-c to swift and I'm finding this a very good tool to finish a lot of the code quickly. Then I just need to go back through the code to make sure it is operating how I need it to. Sometimes I don't examine the new code as closely as I should and get unexpected outcomes. This is because I am relying on the translation to much. It does such a good job I'm not testing my code close enough and get stung when the result is undesired.

Vorteile: When I am not sure how to translate some objective-c code I can get the converter to do it and I usually get code that is either completely compatible or needs a few tweaks to remove the errors/warnings.

Nachteile: It sends back a lot of lines like 'let value = value' to do optional testing. I don't like setting a value to itself and tent to rewrite all of those lines.

von Swiftify an 5.7.2019

Thanks Dave for your awesome review!

As we are always willing to make the product better, I am always open to your suggestions here.

1) Which pattern(s) do you commonly use for unwrapping of optionals?

Variable shadowing like `if let value = value` is a common practice to unwrap optionals in Swift.

We are considering switching to generating `guard let` statements in the future, but this is more difficult and possible only in a subset of cases:

2) The Advanced Project Converter (included in Swiftify for Xcode app in the macOS App Store) allows you to easily compare (original) Objective-C and (converted) Swift files:

Hope that would be helpful.
Thanks again for your time, and don't hesitate to follow me up on the above questions - I am definitely willing to address them addressed as much as possible!

Nice software

Bewertet am 1.7.2019
Jared C.
Lead iOS Developer
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The overall experience was "Oh wow, didn't knew they had something like this out there". At first I was a bit skeptical because I had tried other converters that were not accurate enough for us. But after a couple of days of converting small swift functions, I was convinced it would be ideal for our project.

Vorteile: 1) It is very easy to use.
2) Any jr. programmer can use it from day one
3) It converts anything that is Objective-C to Swift, in a very timely manner, without bottlenecks.
4) I like the fact that we can try it out under the free version and test before we decide to buy it. P.S: We ended up buying it for one of our projects that required we convert an Objective-C SDK to Swift.
5) It has an Xcode plugin.

Nachteile: Conversion sometimes is not 100% accurate, but it is accurate enough for our team. I honestly don't think there are any cons about the software. It was be used on the web, and on Xcode as a plugin, which honestly was perfect for our team.

Could you please suggest what issue(s) did you have with the customer support?
We are always willing to improve our product and services, so I'd definitely appreciate if you elaborate regarding this.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Great tool for conversion and needs some improvements to convert a whole project mix ObjC and SWIFT

Joseph R.
Sr Developer and Architech
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: - Easy to use
- Single file conversion
- Project conversion is very helpful
- Most recent and beta SWIFT support

Nachteile: - Doesn't take workspace or mix ObjC and Swift APPs
- Conversion is only for latest and beta would be nice to be able to convert to last release major versions

Could you please suggest what issue(s) did you have with the customer support?

Regarding workspaces and mixed Objective-C + Swift apps, they are indeed supported in the Advanced Project Converter, which is the part of "Swiftify for Xcode" app in the Mac App Store.

By default, the app updates all projects in the workspace if needed.
However, you can manually choose which project(s) from the workspace should be processed or not:

We suggest that you work with a single project at a time by unchecking unrelated projects to constraint changes made by Swiftify to your selected project only.

I have nearly reached the limit of characters allowed to type here ;)
Feel free to follow me up regarding the rest of your questions!

Swiftify ObjectiveC-Swift Converter

Ajeet kumar D.
Software Engineer iOS.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using swiftify nearly a year. It is really doing a spectacular job in helping me quick conversion of Objective-C code into Swift code. It is helping me many ways and saving my time.

Vorteile: i. Very easy to use and implement.
ii. Convert old Objective-C code snippet to Desired Swift version, specified by user.
iii. Even compatible swift classes, protocols, Predefined methods, properties conversion is made through swiftify.

Nachteile: Everything is good. Could be given access to whole file and project coversion. As of now, only Perticular function and properties conversion is there.

A great way to migrate single Objective-C documents

Ricardo L.
Technical Project Manager

Kommentare: We are currently migrating a 6 year old Objective-C project that needs to be refactored using Swift because of an external library implemented only for this new language. Using a bridging header or thing like that is not a possibility. We used this tool to convert some files in order for the new developer to get a grasp on how the classes would look like after being converted. It was a nice tool to use. However, we were not backed by the technical direction to keep on using it more extensively.

Vorteile: I liked how easy it was to upload files and received the converted version.

Nachteile: I liked that the free version was a bit too restrictive for general developers of companies not generally prone to invest in tools like this when suggested by their team. It would be great to have some sort of infographic to sell the idea to the business directors in order for developers to convince them to invest in this tool, but in terms of the impact it has on the budget necessary for projects.

Could you please suggest what issue(s) did you have with the customer support?

P.S. Check our this article intended for managers and business developers:

Any feedback is welcome!

Learning Objective-C with a Tutor

Darryl R.
iOS Consultant

Kommentare: When creating a new project that has an optional third-party library, framework, or class in Objective-C language, the conversion from Objective-C to Swift is very accurate, and often updates with the modern version of Swift. This is very helpful for varying versions of previous files that one may encounter.

Vorteile: I liked the fact that I am able to explore my entire project, as in Xcode. I am able to select groups of files to convert, and add newly generated Swift files to my project file. The learning curve that exists when moving between languages was definitely cut in half with the use of this tool.

Nachteile: I did not like the constant prompts to upgrade after certain uses of the software.

Time saver

Kerde S.
Lead Mobile Developer
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Saves you alot of time. As someone who knows both Objective C , as well as Swift, this tool saves you a great amount of time when dealing with projects that are being converted from legacy code. The output tends to almost always be correct.

Nachteile: Can't say there are many cons. The only thing I can think of is that there is no way to convert multiple files at once.

von Swiftify an 4.7.2019

Just wanted to say "thanks" for your awesome review!

Regarding the conversion of multiple files, while Xcode does not support this (Apple have not made it possible for Xcode Extensions to access anything beyond the currently edited file), here are the options:

1) Zip multiple `.h` and `.m` files and convert at https://objectivec2swift.com/#/converter/project/

2) Use the Finder Extension (included in the "Swiftify for Xcode" app in the App Store) to select and convert multiple files in Finder;

3) Use the AppCode plugin to convert pairs of `.h` and `.m` files from within the IDE (which supports such functionality, unlike Xcode).

Don't hesitate to follow up with me if you have additional questions!

Objective-C to Swift Converter

Ryan M.
Camp Director
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I loved this software. It was super easy to use and master.

Nachteile: It could be faster and more user friendly. Some aspects were confusing

von Swiftify an 12.7.2019

Thanks, Ryan for your awesome feedback!

Could you please elaborate what (in your opinion) could make the product more user friendly?
Which of the components (web based converter, Xcode Extension, Advanced Project Converter) were you using most?

Regarding the conversion speed, I'd be glad to hear what is your country / location and in which cases you find yourself waiting for too long.

P.S. Our Offline Converter will likely solve any performance / speed issues on your side. Let me know if you are interested in it.

Easy to use but....

Shreya P.
Mobile Developer

Kommentare: My experience is good and useful,I use quite often and save my time also

Vorteile: Sometime we get solution of query in obj c so its very helpful to convert it to swift.I have some projects which are in obj c and swift so its useful to use same logic in both apps.Site structure is very user friendly and easy to use.

Nachteile: I have some projects which are still in swift 3 language and since swift 4 launches ,you have removed conversion option to swift3.If possible can you support old swift3 version also
And sometime site hangs ,I need to close and need to reopen again,Please work on that

Most Advanced Tool

Vikram C.
iOS Developer

Kommentare: After using many tools I fount this tool very useful. Now I don't need to code manually from Objective-c to swift because of this tool.

Vorteile: - I Like that in one click this tool convert code in swift.
- Free trial is awesome.
- In 99% it's provide perfect result.

Nachteile: - Only one cons that it convert on small size of code in free version(But it true because of great fetures).

The best assistant when dealing with legacy projects

Bewertet am 8.7.2019
Stanislau Z.
iOS Developer

Kommentare: Sometimes, I am converting legacy classes written in Objective-C to Swift.

Vorteile: Really helpful when you don't want to add a new feature to the old Objective-C code.
At the same time, quick revitalization to the newest Swift gives a boost in implementation performance.

Nachteile: I don't need a subscription as I am using this service quite rarely for the single files. In my case, the pay-as-you-go model could fit much better.

von Swiftify an 12.7.2019

I really appreciate your awesome feedback!

If you don't need a subscription, we actually have a Pay As You Go plan that you could use.

Just upload your project at the Converter -> Project page and pay for an individual conversion here:

We are still in process of figuring out the best pricing model so your suggestions are definitely welcome.

Very solid and reliable swift conversion.

Bewertet am 11.7.2019
James G.

Kommentare: Overall, this tool has be incredibly valuable in helping me learn swift.

Vorteile: Super easy to convert a lot of my older ObjC code to swift.
Also, has done a great job keeping up with the latest version of swift.

Nachteile: Suggestion: don't autofill the left ObjC panel with sample code. It would be quicker to start with a blank panel to paste in my code.

von Swiftify an 15.7.2019

Hi James,

Thanks for your awesome review and suggestions!

One of the reasons we've been filling the left pane with the sample code is to demonstrate how one can join contents of interface and implementation file(s) into the Swift output.

While you are encouraged to use the Xcode Extension (which is just more convenient, and won't fill in any sample code), I'll think about changing the left pane to a very minimum, or just blank code!

Great app!

Bewertet am 22.7.2019
Oscar G.
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Easy for getting answers off Stack Overflow and then converting them.

Vorteile: Easy to use and very accurate + easy to set up.

Nachteile: You can't convert projects without a paid account.

Great Help At Work

Evan D.
Software Engineer
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Objective-C to Swift converter has been a great tool to use at work. We have a legacy app written in Objective-C and a new app written in Swift which uses very similar functionality as the existing ObjC app. When I need to get some Objective-C code translated into Swift fast Objective-C to Swift converter is my first go to tool. Sometimes of course the code doesn't translate properly or just isn't translatable to Swift but this tool will give you a decent head start if you know how to modify your logic / syntax and are willing to do some proper Googling to fill in the pieces. No, this won't convert your existing Objective-C app to Swift in one go, but it's a great tool to use to update Objective-C code to Swift or translate it for use in a new Swift app. Thanks for providing this and keep up the great work!

Vorteile: Pretty decent accuracy when converting Obj-C to Swift. *Much* faster than converting a ton of code by hand

Nachteile: Sometimes code doesn't translate properly or there are other modifications that are needed.

Almost great

Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Julián P.
CEO, founder and developer
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've used this converter specially for translating StackOverflow answers into Swift code.

Vorteile: It can convert almost any code, and it's getting better.

Nachteile: I'm not sure if that was improved, but the last time I've used Swiftify (1 year ago) the converter wasn't context-aware so sometimes the compiler.

von Swiftify an 19.7.2019

Thanks, Julian for your incredible review!
While a 100% correct conversion nearly impossible to automate, we aim to save your time and efforts.

Indeed, we have recently improved support for persisting variable types in different (local and global scopes):

If you see anything else that could be improved, feel free to suggest at our GitHub Issue Tracker -