Antsle Private Cloud

Antsle Private Cloud Bewertungen

von Antsle

Great system for virtualization!

Bewertet am 10.6.2019
Brian M.
Senior Control Systems Programmer & Network Systems Engineer

Kommentare: antsle has allowed me to virtualize the bulk of my servers and to only leave a few bare metal servers. I have been able to bring down my ESXi environment which saves me energy, heat and money.

Vorteile: antsle is extremely easy to setup and use. The templates that are already in place make deployment very easy and once you have customized them to you it is a breeze to duplicate them out for whatever you need. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate around. The functions that you need are exposed for easy access and if you need to do something more advanced you can go to the shell.

Nachteile: The only thing that I had a little bit of a challenge with at first was the default passwords for each of the templates, but once I noted them and deployed a few machines + made my own templates, it became a breeze. Overall I haven't really found many things I don't like

von Antsle an 12.6.2019

Thank you for reviewing us and the helpful feedback.

Has only become more useful

Bewertet am 9.9.2019
Alistair Y.
Partner

Kommentare: I originally got my Antsle as a test server for development, which it handled very easily and using only a fraction of its capacity; then, when another server failed, that part of the production network was moved to the Antsle, which handled it smoothly while still serving as a test server. Currently, it's hosting several production servers, part of a Docker swarm cluster, and assorted test antlets simultaneously, with no problems, and great performance. In a nutshell, I've got far more out of my investment in Antsle than I planned to, and I couldn't be more pleased about that.

Vorteile: Very easy to use. I can spin up new servers or containers in seconds, and discard them just as easily when I'm finished, and integrating them into my overall network environment is smooth. And it scales beautifully from running heavyweight antlets (a Windows Server 2016 domain controller) to trivially tiny ones (a web proxy that handles maybe a dozen requests per day).

Nachteile: While the documentation is clear and easy to use, my requirements are occasionally off-the-wall enough that I wish it had more documentation on the overall architecture, and how all the pieces fit together.

Saved from Production Disasters

Bewertet am 14.6.2019
Rundfunkmedien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I regularly advert potential production disasters with help from my Antsle. When there are no available servers in our datacenter to test on. I can install our special CentOS image on my Antsle in minutes, and clone it or create new Linux instances in seconds. I regularly make OS changes, test new software, and have fun trying new things that could and do sometimes corrupt the OS. The best part, there is 100% no risk to my production environment. I am able to perform all the necessary changes and test scenarios on my Antsle before applying them across my entire environment with no issues.

Vorteile: Price for what I can do. I can spin up as many servers as I need, to do whatever I want. It is easy to use and very intuitive. I can test just about everything before putting it into production.

Nachteile: Instructions are clear, but occasionally something is left out, like a reboot or restart of a service is needed. It makes you wonder if you broke something.

von Antsle an 19.6.2019

Thank you so much for the review!

awesome

Bewertet am 16.11.2019
Fidel D.
Linux Systemc Engineer
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: excellent product, I use it everyday as system engineer

Nachteile: no cons, everything on the antsle is perfect

von Antsle an 18.11.2019

Thank you so much for the feedback.

Great idea but not worth the money

Bewertet am 15.11.2019
Robert T.
Consulting Services Engineer
Telekommunikation, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I need to run "Simulators" of an application that I support for multiple customers. There are about 10-15 flavors of the simulator, and ideally I would like to run as many at one time as possible. My Antsle allows me to run anywhere from 2-4 at one time and to easily shut down one and turn on another (depending on the version / flavor that I need). However due to the nature of my simulator, all config is lost upon power off, so if the antsle had the option to pause the antlet, free up the resources, and switch back and forth, it would provide much more value.

Vorteile: Ease of use, up and running in minutes and very easy to create and spin up new antlets

Nachteile: Lacks key features such as nested virtualization, oversubscription of resources, and the ability to free up resources by pausing an antlet (in VMWare, if you pause a VM you can use those resources to run another VM, and you can switch between the two by pausing).

Satisfied Antsle user

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Peter H.
Landwirtschaft, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I run a windows 2016 server that manages all farm databases as well as an automated irrigation system. All these functions are on the local intranet side, so the slow WAN internet speed is not an issue.

Vorteile: It was easy to set up. With the later releases of AntMan, the user interface gets better and better. Runs silently and does not contribute significantly to the heat of the machine room

Nachteile: 1. The cloud backups are a very good idea, but not well suited if you have a slow internet connection. Being a farm in the country we have terrible internet service (6Mbps download, 1.5Mbps upload) . I've never successfully backed up my windows 2016 server instance. The claim a local backup is on the horizon, but until that arrives if you have a slow internet connection the backup feature is useless.
2. It is unfortunate you cannot rename an antlet directly. You have to take a snapshot, then clone it to a new antlet.

Fast, convenient, contained testing environment

Bewertet am 3.7.2019
Ian H.
Security Monitoring & Incident Response Lead, EMEA
Bau, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am using the Antsle for malware analysis and security testing. Keeping malware samples isolated in VMs and off my primary laptop means I can travel, shutdown, etc and keep the analysis running in a host which out powers my laptop anyway. Having a single small fan-less device in my office at home rather than a noisy server makes for a much nicer working environment, and it looks good too.

Vorteile: I love that with the antsle i can offload my VMs to another host, and access them directly via a web interface, and not just for configuration. I can interact with the GUI in the VMs via this interface also that requires no addition plugins to be installed. The management GUI is easy and intuitive. It just works. I cant comment on post-sales support as I have not had any issue but pre-sales support was great, very responsive.

Nachteile: Only downsides I can think of is that compared to running a type 2 hypervisor on my laptop, I cannot drag and drop files into the VMs. Also its more weight to carry with me if I am going somewhere without internet connectivity, otherwise I can leave it in the office and connect back to it.

von Antsle an 8.7.2019

Thank you for reviewing us!

Long time Antsle Customer

Christopher W.
IT Director

Kommentare: We migrated customer testing VMs from AWS to our Antsle and easily saved a thousand a month or so. The value of the Antsle we purchased has long since outweighed its cost.

Vorteile: I can very quickly and easily spin up new testing instances using VM templates I created.

Nachteile: Updates are not as regular as one would hope. It would be nice if there were more disconnect between the proprietary software (antman et al) and the underlying Gentoo, so I could update Gentoo separately more easily. There were some growing pains in learning the nuances of supporting ZFS and some of the other underlying technology. Better documentation on how to resolve problems from the command line would be great.

von Antsle an 10.6.2019

Thank you for the review and helpful feedback.

Great solution for a small media business

Bewertet am 28.6.2019
Jason D.
Webmaster
Verlagswesen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I maintain a very large fan community along with a handful of smaller websites. I host everything and so when something breaks, I'm the one and only person to fix it. Antsle makes my job easier by giving me a powerful hardware platform with a great management UI laid on top of it.

Vorteile: I loved the rich feature set that come with the Antsle. Most notably I love the snapshot feature, the new cloud backup solution, and the ease as which I can spin up and deploy new template-based sites.

Nachteile: The Antsle solution is wonderful overall, but I look forward to a more robust toolset when it comes to managing the complicated storage solutions on the box. Shared storage and external storage can all be setup and handled, but it's not very intuitive right now.

von Antsle an 2.7.2019

Thanks for reviewing. Looking forward to making Antsle even better for you!

Developers dream

Frank M.
Senior Data Management

Kommentare: A great experience. The price was a hurdle but the clean quite solution out weighed my concerns.

Vorteile: The ability to manage VM's without loading up my laptop. I can turn laptop off and connect right where I left off. The opportunity to keep the state of the VM active until I'm complete has increase my productivity. I can leave a sand box up and running and not worry about it crashing my system. Another great feature is the ability to have multiple VM up and running to understand integration technique and security concern on your own private environment. I can emulate a solution in house before trying it at a client as root. Allowing me to guide the DEVOPS or administrator on the best approach to implement a solution.

Nachteile: You need to understand Linux. That more of a statement. I had a huge learning curve but googling and documentation provided by antsle on most common setup are available.

von Antsle an 10.6.2019

Thank you for the review and feedback!

Indispensable

Giovani D.
Founder and Managing Member
Design, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I really appreciate owning my data. I think having the assurance that one of my most valuable assets is wholly owned and safe is most important

Nachteile: For a person who has never used any web technologies prior the transition to self hosting required some learning.

von Antsle an 10.6.2019

Thank you for reviewing us.

Valuable Teaching Tool

Bewertet am 20.6.2019
Phillip B.
IT Coordinator/CTE instructor
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is being used as a teaching tool. To have done a custom design or a cloud presence would have cost us more in the long run in addition to being a lot more work to maintain and teach about.

Vorteile: This has been a valuable teaching tool for CTE programs. Students learn about virtualization, systems management and coding amongst other things all from one little box!

Nachteile: The backup and snapshotting could use some work. However, I know that they are testing this currently and should be a great addition to an already great product.

von Antsle an 21.6.2019

Thank you for reviewing us!

Easy, simple, small scope

Bewertet am 19.6.2019
David A.
Informationsdienst, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Taking systems off of AWS, rapidly spinning up new systems, prototyping, testing various security products.

Vorteile: Every thing you can do in antsle cloud is incredibly simple and right up in front – check heartbeat uptime, reset root password, configure backups, and restore are incredibly simple.

Nachteile: While all features are incredibly simple to use, the above listed are pretty much all of them. It would be nice to be able to reach your antsle's webui from the private cloud, or to do further administration.

von Antsle an 20.6.2019

Thank you for the review!

Outstanding product

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Robert B.
IT Technical Helpdesk Desktop Support
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Over good experience except for the fact that my Antsle crashed and had to rebuild t he environment.

Vorteile: The ease of use along with the new technology.

Nachteile: The lack of precise and better detailed documentation for new users who are using the product to learn a new skill set.

Antsle is a MUST for any developer.

Bewertet am 9.9.2019
John C.
Developer
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Vorteile: The Antsle allows me to instantly create a clean environment to test software on any OS needed.

Nachteile: I havn't found anything that I don't like about Antsle.

Great Server!

Bewertet am 9.6.2019
Christopher C.
System Admin
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The server itself is a heatsink but the heat still can be an issue if the server is hot to the touch. Warm is safe but if the server feels hot it runs the risk of burning itself up. I have had a server crash from being too hot but the warranty department was really great. I was able to solve the issue by installing a CPU fan on top of the server case. I pulled an AMD Ryzer fan off its heatsink and set it on top of the antlet and never had any issues since. I also like how small and quiet the physical server is. This makes a great affordable solution for any type of software development.

Vorteile: I really like the simplicity of the user interface. The documentation makes everything really easy to set up and manage.

Nachteile: I wish there was more information on the server load and processes running. There is a bar graph of the CPU load but it's not obvious which antlet is using all the resources or what process is running. I think I can still SSH into the server and view this information through "top" but it would be nice to get more analytics on the dashboard.

von Antsle an 12.6.2019

So happy that you've had a good experience with us. Thank you for the review and feedback.

Great New Product - Antsle Private Cloud

Bewertet am 8.6.2019
Doug K.
Politische Organisation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Works out of the box. up to 100+ Virtual Servers. Just about any platform. Supports existing virtual host images from many popular​ platforms. Versatile​ network configuration and built-in​ nginx proxy server.
Built-in​ Docker Support.
local and remote backup options built-in.
clone or create virtual servers from existing servers, backups local or remote.

Nachteile: The learning curve for me was a little more than I anticipated​. My experience was limited to individual Linux​ servers, managed and unmanaged Virtual Private Servers form an ISP hosting company.

von Antsle an 11.6.2019

Thank you for the review and feedback.