Filtern nach:

Über MarginEdge

MarginEdge is a restaurant management software that uses POS integration and invoice data to show you your food costs in real-time.

Erfahre mehr über MarginEdge

Max R.
Max R.
Accounting Manager in USA

Great Comprehensive Restaurant Management Tool

5 letztes Jahr

One-stop shopping for most numbers-based needs for the group. Really helped streamline digitizing invoicing, which added products, which we were then able to build inventories on. Terrific customer support if any hitches.

Most 'missing' features in the past have been added.

Greg C.
Gastgewerbe, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Count me a Fan!

Kommentare: Exceptional, the Margin Edge team has leaped through hoops to help my team become more efficient. The tools this software provides are PERFECT in so many ways. Not only do we pay more attention to the daily spend, but we track it against budgets in live time. The experience has translated to more bottom line dollars -

Record Retention - before Margin Edge came along, we saved every piece of paper - not any more. This tool was also extremely useful in managing the spend through the month, the category and profit loss tools are excellent bell-weathers for operations

In our case, our units are independent in terms of menu, so gathering group information has some steps that could be alleviated - I believe this is being worked upon for next version. There were a few other minor issues which the Margin Edge Team was so helpful in teaching my staff how to handle and view their

Kimberly W.
Owner/President in USA
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Restaurant Integration Dream

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Margin Edge has helped with inventory counts and controls, POS integration to Quickbooks, accrual base verse cash base differentials (so you can show both reporting). Their customer support team has been very responsive and timely which is a big factor!

As a Pro-Advisor to Quickbooks, my company handles many restaurants and this system has been a game changer! It seamlessly integrates with Quickbooks, helps in managing time, cost of goods/inventory, etc. to significantly assistant the restaurant owners in managing their business.

The ONLY drawback I have seen is when a restaurant is not menu based, then the inventory feature does not work properly. You also, as with any integrated system, need patience at time in the set up process; however, once it is up and running it works really well.

Ryan J.
Director of IT in USA
Restaurants, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Ease of use, less data entry

Kommentare: Margin Edge's unique combination of offerings allows for simplification of in-store restaurant operations and the administrative management.

Margin Edge combines an easy to use inventory and COGS platform, a kitchen recipe viewer, and a data entry service. Our managers really appreciate the additional time they are able to spend on the floor instead of in the office entering invoices. I find the team at Margin Edge extremely open to feedback about the product and very responsive to support emails. From an administration standpoint, the software is user friendly and direct. The removal of the duplicate maintenance of two recipe databases (one for kitchen viewing and one for target costing) has significantly lowered the number of hours required to run our business.

The system is still new, so there are some features that competitors have developed which are still being developed for margin edge.

Trish F.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Game Changing for Restaurant Work! I'm a HUGE fan!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I own accounting service that had sworn off doing restaurant work because of the vast amount of paper involved. Most of my time was being spent tracking down Sales and COGS info and could never do any real analysis. A couple years ago I discovered Orderly and used that service for a year or so until they eliminated the integration with QuickBooks Online. I went searching and found MarginEdge.
It. Changed. Everything.
I couldn't be more pleased. Not only does it help me take care of the avalanche of paper I used to have to deal with on a daily basis, but now we can get real Food cost, ingredient pricing alerts, etc. And I can deliver financials fast!
My clients think I'm a genius.

There are so many Pro's features it's hard to list them all... MarginEdge eliminates so much data entry, tracking down invoices, tracking down item prices, integrates with so many POS systems, integrates with QuickBooks Online and the Bill Pay service is AMAZING!! I also love that after scanning the invoices I can toss the paper, everything is in one place!

I really can't see any Cons here. Setting up can take a little time, but once it's set up, you're done!

James B.
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great Product, A Must Have!

Kommentare: We now run inventories and can identify issues leading to higher food costs. We don't need to worry about over portioning or other loss as the software can help us identify the problems so we can solve them. We have our recipes in and they are compared to our sales to make sure we our costs are hitting our targets.

This software is super easy to set up and implement. My management team had no issues.

There is nothing I have issues with in Margin Edge.

Dinh P.
Business Analyst in USA
Buchhaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Must have product for restaurants!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall great! Especially support. Always a pleasure to talk to support over there and they always have a solution. If they don't then they will find one for you. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is pretty much a hero without a cape....maybe he has one?

Daily polling sales are great! This minimizes daily journal entries. Invoices coding are great, helps with manual entry. Theoretical costs are great, really delve into how each item is used in various recipes.

Sometimes the OCR technology is not able to break down complicated invoices. Example: Tshirts with different sizes on the same line instead of broken out as separate lines.

Mark C.
GM in USA

Game changer

Kommentare: I have used ME at 2 different restaurants and it gives you such insight into your day to day purchases and costs. ME really helps you manage all of your controllables.

Margin Edge truly opened our eyes when it came to menu item costs. ME takes into consideration all of the little things that when building your menu you sometimes overlook from the seasonings that you use to even say bread crumbs. It made a huge difference in costing out our menu.

When it comes to entering your recipes some of the conversions are difficult but well worth the time.

Christian G.
Controller in USA

MarginEdge is a fantastic Inventory, Recipe, Invoice, Payable System

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: It has been excellent. MarginEdge was built by a restauranteur for restauranteurs. It really helps provide your teams a solid foundation of important information to make critical operational decisions. It also makes life much easier for the bookkeepers, managers, and chefs letting them focus more on priorities that add value to the guest experience. A great value.

Digitally captures and codes all invoices which has added consistency and transparency for management and accounting.

It is sometimes hard to get folks comfortable with new technology.

Sophie B.
Sophie B.
Accounts Receivable in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Professional Customer Service and Adaptability to Your Needs

4 letztes Jahr

The customer service is great and they always try to fix the problem immediately. This has been a tremendous help to our organization - especially if you have more than one business.

A little tedious to set up and get started with but it does not make the product not worth the work.

Henry B.

Fantastic Restaurant Management Software

Streamlined back of the house administrative processes while simultaneously offering real-time, actionable insights into our COGS that has enabled our managers to add multiple points back to the bottom line and stay on model.

It can sometimes be difficult to pull raw data out of the platform. The reporting suite within MarginEdge is fantastic, but the raw data behind the platform is not always intuitively accessible.

Stephanie S.

Best Ever!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: It's been great! And [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our Rep is always standing by to assist. Great Company!

AMAZING customers service from EVERYONE at ME! Integrates with our POS, Integrates with QB online, works well with our Bookkeeping Company MarginEdge eliminates data entry and tracking down invoices. Total game changer!

No complaints, this has been a smooth transition and we are continuing to learn the system.

Chris T.
Co-Owner in USA

Margin Edge is a Great Product

Kommentare: Excellent product that is, for the most part, very intuitive and easy to use. Customer service is amazing.

The best part about Margin Edge is that it makes life easier for the restaurant level (through online ordering, inventory, invoice tracking) and for the back office (through automated sales reporting, invoice entry, dsr polling, vendor statement reconciliation, price tracking, etc).

While you can plug in budgets to track performance vs budget, you can't do so for each month or period at once. (You have to update budgets each month/period.) It's a small thing.

Alex S.
AP Manager in USA

All around amazing!!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I was very skeptical to start using this software since we have always input data ourselves. MarginEdge has been a great addition to our office - not only is the interface super easy to work with, but so is their team who is always there to help. We signed only one of our concepts up to start as a trial in the beginning - we have now set up almost all of our concepts (10 of them) to be integrated. 10/10 would recommend this product!!

Customer service, interface, overall services

The fear of someone else taking care of this work, but it ended up working out just great

Steven D.
owner in USA
Restaurants, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great Software

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: The group at ME are outstanding, incredibly responsive and helpful among the best I've ever worked with

This software provides insight into your business like no other. I will show you opportunities to improve your profitability and more than pays for itself. It creates additional profit well above any cost involved

It has similar cons of any software like it, there is set up required but well worth the effort.

Crystal H.
Restaurants, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Great product + excellent customer service

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: MarginEdge has been very useful in our expansion and continues to be a very helpful resource in inventory management during a time when minimizing expenses and waste is vital.

This product offered a very user-friendly solution to inventory management and data entry. I also really enjoy the comprehensive reporting features.

They can be a little picky with the photos that are uploaded - requiring resubmissions when the data is legible on the original file

Jason O.
Dir. of Operations in USA
Restaurants, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Awesome Product!

MarginEdge has been instrumental in developing our menu and optimizing our margins as a new business. It was intuitive and easy to set up recipes and verify we had our menu priced correctly. We were also able to quickly identify problem areas and make changes in real-time. The ability to see actual invoices is vital for our company with locations in two states and an off-site accounting office. Customer service staff is very responsive and the best we've worked with!

Only drawback is no labor module currently available. This is in development so only a minor negative.

Anang M.

Transformational

Kommentare: I use it daily to monitor the kpi’s and recently added my second location so I now can compare sales and expenses across locations.

Navigating complex business challenges require data and the ability to easily use data to analyze and understand spend and revenue patterns, price movements, vendor spend and so on. This solution truly enables all of that and more. Where else can one get a P&L at the clock of a button for a date range of my choosing

I could always use more functionality and would love to see the mobile solution offer more of what the desktop version offers

Trey H.
VP & CFO in USA

MarginEdge - A Game Changer

Kommentare: Our overall experience with MarginEdge has been outstanding. The sales team allowed us to proceed with the evaluation at our own pace, without ever being rushed. The implementation team was extraordinary -- they did most all of the "hard work" and then just trained us on functionality. Customer support remains extremely responsive and helpful. Again this software, and just as important the associated MarginEdge team, has enhanced our financial/accounting operations exponentially... and far more quickly and easily than we could have reasonably expected.

In a matter of days, MarginEdge increased our accounting and financial reporting efficiencies literally by an order of magnitude. It has also reduced human error associated with prior data-entry activities and enhanced our reporting processes.

There are opportunities for streamlining certain mapping and reporting features, in my opinion (sometimes it's hard to know exactly "where to look" for certain features). A minor issue for sure.

Tom M.
Essen & Trinken, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Getting started is easy!

Kommentare: New to the platform and anxious to discover all the ways this tool can help our business.

We are just implementing Margin Edge across an organization currently operating in 6 locations. The implementation team supporting our start-up work has been quick and accurate...very easy to work with. And, connections to POS and accounting software is simple and streamlined. I look forward to enjoying all the benefits this platform brings into our organization.

Not really a "software con" but fact is that many of these functions (Bill Pay for example) can be handled by our Bank, our accounting software and MarginEdge. It is difficult to figure out which will best serve our specific workflow. Bottom line...I guess this is a good problem to have.