Über Remo

Remo ist ein videoorientierter virtueller Arbeitsbereich für Remote-Teams, der die Kollaboration in Echtzeit fördert und die Unternehmenskultur fördert.

Erfahre mehr über Remo

The ability to integrate sessions for socializing and networking while also presenting content in more "keynote" speaker style.

Common unresolvable tech problems for some users - could only hear one other person, or couldn't be heard, for example. Limits group to 6 - sometimes wanted bigger option.

Bewertungen zu Remo

4,0

Remo hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 203 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Remo bereits verwendet?

💡 Alexander
💡 Alexander
Founder, CEO & Lunch Break Enforcer in USA
Eventservice, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Virtual events that feel like the real thing

Kommentare: My company Lunchpool found Remo before the holidays last year when looking for a software that would support our “virtual lunch breaks”. I was able to meet with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] directly and hearing his pitch and the reason behind creating Remo. Sinilar to our mission, he wanted to combat the feelings of social isolation that were ever-growing. This intention shines through in the product they’ve developed. I’ve watched the platform mature and develop into an enterprise-ready software that is used in some of the world’s top education systems, non-profits, and enterprises. Remo Conference has helped my team grow from 2 to 10 in spite of the pandemic. We use it to provide virtual experiences for our clients, many of whom have been able to raise $10-$100,000 on a single event. The sponsorship opportunities and flexibility of the platform are the reason why 90% of the events we organize are hosted in remo.

When first finding Remo in August of last year, I knew it was something special but I wasn’t quite sure why. The 2d floorplan seemed to simulate a “space” similar to an actual networking environment, but, as I discovered, the real value and “secret sauce” is the freedom to move about from table to table. Each “table” is essentially a video breakout. The unique format of events and flexibility of the platform has allowed my company to grow significantly. As others are scrambling to provide webinars, my team has been able to provide meaningful, connective experiences that feel like actual in-person networking.

The registration page had a bit of friction. Similar tools have an option to log on as a guest, but the profile “business card” does add significant value and the team at Remo is very responsive to customer feedback.

Charlie ⚡
Charlie ⚡
Designer/Artist in USA
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Like networking in real life, but on the computer and not in real life. 🤷‍♂️

Kommentare: Being able to use the platform to network and work on projects with other artists has been amazing. Other than the once-in-a-blue-moon hiccup requiring a refresh and screen sharing being a tad bit laggy at times, this platform has blown me away in terms of how stable it is and how different it is from other platforms. VR networking platforms seem like they may be a neat experience, but for the average user who needs to get work done over extended periods, Remo is the way to go. I've even planted the grape vine at my alma mater to see if Remo would be a good fit for their curriculum. I personally think it will.

The ability to have numerous different conversations throughout a room is a huge step up from sitting in a video conference with 49 other participants, 48 of which are muted while 2 people talk, and waiting for your turn to talk. Being able to bounce around and talk to various groups of people is just phenomenal.

I think the chat bar could use a little bit of work to make it more functional for the average user. Being able to see the faces or "chat heads" of your other chats, while in a chat with someone else would be extremely useful. So, say I'm talking to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in a private chat. On the left edge of that chat window you would see a bar that runs the length of the chat window that has a condensed version of the chat overview window (the one that shows General Chat, Table Chat, and Private Chats). Instead of having the full name [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], it would just show his tile icon. If any of that makes sense. 🤷‍♂️

Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Remo was very disappointing

Kommentare: On paper, it looked like Remo was going to be the perfect platform for our event. In reality, we had a horrible experience.

The ability to have the networking tables.

So many cons! First of all, the platform is clunky and not at all intuitive to navigate. All of our speakers had trouble getting set up and sharing their PowerPoints, which left attendees waiting an extra ten minutes for each session while they watched people fumble around to figure out how to make the platform work. Then the platform was slow to respond when speakers advanced their slides. Worst of all, though, is that the platform booted everyone out the very instant the five hours was up. There was no ability to have the platform be open for the few moments that the last speaker needed to wrap up and for us as the organizers to thank everyone for coming.

Julia
Chair in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is an intuitive, attractive and an enjoyable platform with a lot of possibilities. Sadly, we won't be able to continue at this price point.

1) Needs better features to pre-load presentation content, especially video content. It is awkward and unprofessional to have to present, share content, go to Powerpoint, open it, etc. Can one of the sponsor sites or billboards to configured to run preloaded content, such as Powerpoints? 2) Enable attendees to hear the sound of videos pre-loaded into Powerpoint. We could not run our already embedded videos in Powerpoint because our attendees could not hear the sound. We had to have another person turning on videos separately from YouTube. 3) More sponsor sites for the Director subscription - four is not enough. These are good for posting content for those of us in education. Allows us to show students an image and then direct them to a site, such as our instagram to allow them to further socialize with other members of the community, or alternatively, advertise a new course in our programs and allow them to link right to the school website with a syllabus. 4) Offer a pre-made tutorial video that attendees can watch on the Welcome Page that on-boards them to the platform. 5) Needs a steeper educational discount for universities. I doubt our university will purchase unless there is a significant discount and we won't be able to afford to continue to purchase as a stand alone unit.

Sue
CEO in Kanada
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

For me it was love at first sight!

Kommentare: If facilitate several busomess networking meetings with various virtual platforms and the ones growing in this pandemic are the Remo ones.

When you want to get people talking in thw most authentic way possible online there is no better solution than Remo. No more black screens or brady bunch headaches, just great conversation that feels almost as good as the real thing -- except you don't get hugs. I love how my guests can move freely from table to table as they would in a real event, that the space is completely customizable and links back to my website, and of course the revenue the banner advertising brings. Remo is the most flexible and engaging virtual event platform you will ever use.

At first it was buggy, but now it is so sweet! My guests love it.

Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Excelent customer service, and easy to use product

Kommentare: Revolutionary experience, and set a good standard. Keep going, as many other tools are catching up.

The level of customisation, and the responsiveness of the presale, technical support, especially, when it comes to customer floor plan iterating. I hope to call out a name "[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]", [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a hero! It is also good experience working with someone who is based in Asia, so after my revision at night in Europe, the update got reflected in Remo, because of the efficient work. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] even helped me solve some problems, when I shared the editable .ai file, apart from the .svg file.

I hope it can be used more widely, and more people know how to use it, and enjoy using it.

Jarrod
Founder in Kanada
Eventservice, Selbstständig

Remo virtual conference platform is the best option on the market

Kommentare: My business eSAX used to host large in-person networking events for entrepreneurs and community leaders. I have pivoted my entire business model and adopted Remo to HOST other people’s events around the world. Without Remo I would have had to shut down. It’s been an absolute game-changer!!

Every aspect of this forward-thinking and intuitive virtual platform is excellent! The entire program literally mimics a real face-to-face conference, tradeshow and networking event. The breakout rooms are visually appealing, makes it easy to see everyone at once, communicate with others and move-around at the users discretion. The stage or presentation mode is exceptionally well laid-out. Even those who are technologically adverse can still use the platform with ease!

I just wish it was launched years earlier!

Spud
Spud
Innovation Director in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Remo allows for autonomy in virtual events

Kommentare: I've really enjoyed working with the Remo team and they have been very helpful in troubleshooting bugs. As a newer platform, they are working to correct issues as quickly as they can. But it still has a bit of lag compared to more established video platforms. But even with that, I love Remo and it's one of my favorite tools!

The main reason I use Remo for most of my virtual facilitation is because it allows participants to have autonomy moving around a virtual room and join the small group conversations that matter to them. Most people are 'stuck' in breakout rooms with zoom and other platforms - but Remo allows you flip that dynamic for your participants! I also LOVE being able to upload custom floorplans - many of my clients love that we can match their brand with the event.

As a new platform for lots of users, there's a learning curve to figure out how to manage the event. Once someone has had familiarity in the platform, I find they love it and want to host a second event - but sometimes that first experience can involve a lot of 'learning the ropes' rather than focused on the specific intent of your event. It can also be challenging not being able to see everyone's video in the main presentation area. I often find myself wanting to have conversations with more people than are allowed in the small groups, but there's no option for that so I sometimes have to refer back to zoom with my group.

Jeremy
Founder in USA

The Best Platform for Dynamic Virtual Events

Kommentare: Even with some of the bugs we experienced, it was still better than comparable alternatives. The ability to customize the look and feel of the event map added to the overall event experience. We have found Remo to be extremely versatile and adaptability for just about any virtual event.

There is something that those of us who use the platform call "Remo Magic". It captures the imagination of the user in a way that other platforms (even the ones with similar functionality) can't. The ability for users to freely navigate an event map and have autonomous small group video chats makes it feel like an in-person event.

Audio quality without headphones is not as good as Zoom. If users use headphones there is never an issue, but occasionally there can be feedback or echoes.

Laura
COO in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best software for recreating coffee break/reception interactions

Kommentare: Events are a huge part of our business, so when COVID-19 ended our ability to host them in person, we quickly had to pivot to virtual events. Remo recreated the in-person experience better than any other platform we reviewed and are really happy with it thus far.

We loved the ease of use, the simple yet engaging layout, and the fact that it recreates the natural interactions of conference participants in the most natural way. We also like that the either/or function of presentation and conversation mode. It helps overcome the issues we have with in person events where sessions will not be well attended but the break room is full. The ability to track interaction with sponsors ads is also a great plus.

There are some features that are missing: ability to assign seats, customization of automated emails, better Zapier app to integrate with Salesforce, custom fields on registration, ability to spotlight one screen/speaker in presentation mode.

Dean
Executive Director in Kanada
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Remo- built for events!

Kommentare: Our Virtual events and programs have now separated us from many of our competitors. The initial reaction when people enter the room is priceless and although some are intimidated, they feel like experts after a quick tutorial.
Although the platform has a lot of great features, perhaps the thing we love the most is the community of users. Ideas are shared openly, there is collaboration between people and organizations from Hong Kong to Canada and everywhere in between.

- it was built for events, not for meetings. - actually has the feel of an in person event. - you attend an event, not a broadcast or webinar. The interaction and networking is so simple and cannot be done on other platforms. I recently attended an event on Zoom (after trying to get them to use Remo) and they assured me the breakout rooms would work just fine....then I was moved to the wrong breakout room and sat by myself in a room waiting.....then I was moved to the right room, and waited some more with others....it was not a smooth experience at all. No matter what anyone says, Breakout rooms do not replicate tables at all. - the Whiteboard seems to have endless functionality; embedding media, documents, games....almost anything you want - help desk is SUPER responsive and supportive. - Presentation mode is so smooth and easy for performers and speakers - The Remo community, always seems to be improving and growing. - Development- roadmap is easy to input too, the company seems to have new developments consistently, almost daily.

- some of the tech aspects with tablets/mobile are hit and miss -

Cristina
Sustainability Engagement Coordinator in USA
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Remo made our conference one-of-a-kind!

Kommentare: We had an overwhelmingly positive experience with Remo. Their customer service team was incredibly attentive and responsive. Their virtual tours, strategy sessions and other training opportunities really helped us get the most out of the platform. While the platform is still evolving, it continues to get better and better, adapting to the needs of their users. We would 10/10 choose Remo again for a virtual Conference.

I love how interactive and unique the Remo platform is. All our attendees remarked how neat it was, and that they had never seen anything like it.More than a conference platform, it is a virtual simulation of a conference hall and experience. We heard it be compared to a video game, like Sims. Our attendees could see the layout of the event floor, who was there, move around, and interact with multiple people. There is an element to Remo, unlike any other platform we considered, that is simply fun and amusing.

It felt that the platform was very new and still evolving from day to day. The week before we purchased a plan, the pricing structure completely changed. Over the course of the month, new features were rolled out - though it was too late for us to use some of them. Some users had overwhelming issues accessing the platform or allowing access to their cameras and microphones, due to firewall or other technological reasons. It was really difficult working with them during the live event, to troubleshoot their issues (we had 300+ attendees). In presentation mode, some attendees were unable to see the presentations or videos, or they could see one but not the other. There was no rhyme or reason for why it worked for some and not others. Lastly, there were some features that were missing or too difficult to use - like concurrent events for breakout sessions. Although Remo's customer service tried to help us with this, we simply were not able to adapt in time and had to host our breakout sessions on Zoom.

Vanessa
Multimedia Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Remo is a great concept! But it's buggy.

Kommentare: I would give Remo and 7/10. I would say 10/10 if it was less buggy. It's really is great software but it still needs some work under the hood.

Awesome virtual solution for networking and farmer's market type events. Love the layout. Customer service/Tech support has been awesome so far! Love that it is browser-based, not an app, or software-based like zoom. Many of our attendees are Chromebook users and are unable to download software.

The biggest issue is the performance is very inconsistent. My organization has run 12 events so far. Some have gone flawlessly and others we've run into a lot of bugs. We've had issues where people kept getting kicked out and having to rejoin, flickering cameras, chat not working, and presentation mode glitches quite a bit. For some folks who are less tech-savvy, it is very confusing at first. The #1 complaint I get is when they first join the event it's too abrupt. They feel like they've been dropped into the middle of a conversation. I wish it was a smoother transition like they could get a chance to look at the tables and choose which one they want to join first rather than being dropped somewhere. Or maybe there could be a reception table like at a real life event. The last thing is I wish it worked on tablets. In presentation mode, I wish there was something like gallery view in zoom where you could see all the attendees. My speakers would really like to see people's faces when they're presenting.

Simon
Senoir Project Manager in UK

Totally REMO-te

Kommentare: Fantastic. Keep up the good work guys.

Love this package. So pleased to be a super user and one of the first people to take out a subscription. Our comments and suggestions are always listened to and where possible are actioned.

The uploading of custom floor plans is clunky and still needs work, but the function once applied is a necessity and works extremely well. I don't like that we can't assign event managers, but this has now been updated to 'PLANNED' on the Remo super user forum.

Andrew
Head of Advertising and Sponsorship in UK
Rechtsberatung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Real-time Networking Solution

Kommentare: We chose Remo to help replicate our face to face networking events, so far our participants have found the system easy to use, a good replacement for the live events they cant go to. Our team of conference organisers have switched to the system with ease. Feedback from users has been positive. We will be using the system in November for our virtual event where there will be over 100 networking buildings in use across the conference on top of over 250 Zoom webinars all linked together

The IBA is an international networking association, whose business is built around bringing senior managing partners from law firms together. great things about REMO: No software to download Simple to use Easy to explain Do not have to be tech savvy Adaptable floor plans

Difficulty configuring time zones In ability to delete participant data Issues with using the platform on IE

Michelle
Meeting Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The Closest Thing to In Person Networking

Kommentare: Awesome. I love it. I tell everyone about it because it fills the need that Zoom breakouts doesn't/can't. There are so many potential uses for Remo. You can have a moderator in each room to facilitate discussions or do poster clinics or have committee meetings. You can use it for a game night social with trivia teams or utilize the whiteboard in each room for pictionary/hangman/etc. There is even a timer in your event so people know how much time they have to chat/play/etc between general sessions. It's a game changer.

The best part about this software is the ease of use for attendees. You login, and are immediately taken to a setup that makes sense - a layout with several rooms with virtual tables. Pick a room and sit at a table to talk to the others at that table. Within that room the participants can share screens and jointly use a whiteboard. Ready to move around? Pick another table and talk to other people. When the speaker starts, everyone sees him/her/them and the presentation like in a zoom webinar. When that's over, you go back to networking tables.

You can't pre-assign tables. You can tell attendees what table to go to, but they have to make that choice. The demo of this software doesn't do it justice.

Michelle Byars
none in USA
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Terrific, can't wait for the next generation

Kommentare: Great experience that made it easy to chat with others in a casual manner. Highly recommend the ability to 1. assign a facilitator to a table and 2. allow that facilitator to either/or "extend" the table to permit more people to join or "add or split" a table to continue the same discussion with additional people. In other words if a table is discussing "Topic x" and more than 6 people want to be included in that discussion, then maybe the facilitator has the ability to expand the table somewhat to allow maybe 15, or split the table into subtopics.

Really intuitive, connects to real world experience. Great to see who was at a table before entering - although it would be great if they "had" to enter a title/company.

As a presenter, I couldn't see the "tables". Also I didn't find a way to chat with fellow presenters only (all at once).

Matt
Senior Tech Staff Member in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Training with Remo

Kommentare: I would say very pleased despite some of the limitations - enough that I will continue to use it and look for improvements

I like the separate rooms - allows for an excellent way to do group team building/exercises

I would like it to be vastly easier to customize (floor plans, etc)

Alex
Digital Director in USA
Verlagswesen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Audience Loves it, would love more customization

Kommentare: Overall, this is a great program for a 1 day conference. The table concept is great and I would definitely recommend to my colleagues. Once I was able to get a floor plan designed it was really impressive.

It's very straightforward and easy to set up. The customer service is top notch. audience generally liked it. good feedback.

I wish there was more customization in the floor plans natively. I wish I could increase the audience size while the event is going on. I wish i could turn on and off the event. I wish the video window on the left could be an image instead. needs more tablet/mobile support.

Mark
CEO in Brasilien
Computerspiele, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Remo is a great Sococo alternative

Kommentare: We have a fully remote team of 15 people, and a "virtual office" app like Remo is vital to clearly communicate online presence and status, provide team members with the ability to quickly video-call each other throughout the workday with minimum hassle, and foster a sense of belonging to a bigger team.

An improved version of Sococo: good performance, great screen share and whiteboard, good user interface. Less stupid name as well.

No mobile app, no standalone app for PC, you must use Google Chrome to use it. Minor complaints: no Slack integraton, also there is only one office layout and it doesn't look very good. Some spaces on Sococo are more visually appealing and detailed.

Agustin
Frontend Developer in USA
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Not great, not terrible

The way Remo shows an emoji to indicate who is speaking

The user interface and user experience. The map is claustrophobic

Georgie-Ann
Virtual Event Producer in USA

A real game changer!

Kommentare: Overall I recommend Remo to everyone! From the software to the team Remo is a great company.

I started using Remo in 2019 and it changed my whole whole when it came to online events. The networking feature was a real game changer on how people interact. Work and host virtual events!

They are still a new company. The only thing I want to see in the future is the ability For more mobile usage

Isai
Thinker Tinker in USA
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

WHY 5 Stars on All

Kommentare: Grateful!

I am a 5th grade teacher in Santa Cruz, Ca. We have been tasked with shifting a 19th century educational system and with C19 change adapt transform evolve for 21st century learning. This software allows us to create a virtual classroom! That alone is 5 stars! I miss my students and the questions and ideas we wrestled with. I have created a 21st Century Thematic Unit and needed a vessel to hold it all together. With REMO I can use many formats and many experts to really speed up student and teacher learning for the 21st century. Thank you, because C19 learning is challenging and innovators like the REMO team helps ease the challenge. Thank you.

So far just trying out and will send feedback as I encounter areas for improvement. Plus students are way better at finding ways to improve user interface.

Jean-Paul
Owner in Kanada
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Bringing theatre back to the people

Kommentare: Overall it is a great platform. As with anything online, there can be tech issues but that is true of any platform. But like live theatre we roll with the problems and fix them on the fly.

The one things that we have lost in theatre since the pandemic hit, is the live interaction that comes with going to the theatre. That intimate interaction has been lost but with Remo we have been able to let people mingle and meet just like in real life. Our audience can sit at table and talk with their friends or meet their favourite performers without a hundred faces looking at them. We love the stage feature as it feels like we are putting on an actual performance just like in real life.

When you are putting on a show, there sometimes needs to be more than just 6 people on the stage. This is an issue we run into in the presentation mode. It would be great if speakers were able to go onto the stage (at the top of the screen)and bring people up there as well. Make it into a speaker private room.

Vincent
Director of Angineering in USA
Rundfunkmedien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A technology not full realized

Kommentare: As a zoom, cisco and lifesize SME for over 20 years, I have worked with just about every technology set that is in the space. Remo has a lot of potential as an. add on to other services. At this time it doesnt feel like a true competitor with Zoom, et al. If there was support for contant video play back on the screen to the left of stage. Something the host can fully control and not just embed youtube that would go a long way. to changing the game in the space. Additionally being able to embed links in any text field would be useful, as well as make PA annoucments via audio to everyone. WHen this is accomplished I feel like it will be a truly game changing product. Until then, it is just half baked.

The ability to have multiple conversations going on at the same time. Having multiple tables in the main floor plan is really interesting.

The fact that. I cant embed deep links to outside content, have videos running on stage automatically and that. I cant make audio annoncemnts.