Filtern nach:

Über Vaadin

Vaadin is an open source web framework that helps Java developers build great user experiences with minimal effort.

Erfahre mehr über Vaadin

Zeigt 1 Bewertung

Mantas B.
Java software developer in Litauen
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Vaadin review

Kommentare: My overall experience with Vaadin is good. I have completed three small projects with it. And now I have one quite big project. I will use Vaadin with my future projects.

Vaadin is very good for those Java developers, who don't want to write JavaScript, HTML, CSS code in their progressive web application. Of course, at some point (when You want to make customizations) it is better to know JavaScript, HTML and/or CSS. Vaadin has a lot of ready to use components. If You ever wrote Swing code, You will get familiar with Vaadin code quite quickly. I liked, that JavaScript, HTML, CSS code is automatically generated for desktop / laptop screen and for mobile phone / tablet screen. I am freelancer, so this saved me a lot of time. Book of Vaadin is very good source of documentation. There are few good books on packtpub.com also.

Of course, there are few downsides. Firstly, I didn't like the migration from Vaadin 8 to Vaadin 14. There were a lot of improvements. Quality of components went down for a couple of months. It seemed, that almost all Vaadin code was rewritten. I needed to learn almost everything from scratch (many components were the same, code for components stayed almost the same). Also, I wish that there were more books for Vaadin.