Filtern nach:

Über Passportal

Verschlüsselter cloudbasierter, integrierter, automatisierter Passwortschutz zum Speichern, Verwalten und Abrufen von Kundenanmeldeinformationen und -wissen.

Erfahre mehr über Passportal

Suhailah S.
Suhailah S.
Administrative Assistant in Malaysia
Einzelhandel, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Passportal manage password easily

Passportal is the best software for any team that need to shares password for any account that we shares together. I can add user for them to be able to access to all the password that are stored on the software.

I wish they has an option to change the timeout session, as the session active time is too short and i find myself to have constantly logging in to the software and it is quite annoying.

Senior Systems Engineer in USA

Has potential but not there yet

Kommentare: We used Thycothic Secret Server for password management and SharePoint for documentation. We were looking for a tools to help improve documentation and found IT Glue first , which seems to be a mature solution, but the sales resps (specially since the product belongs to Kaseya) are jerks and they want to charge an arm and a leg besides locking you up on a contract for years.
In our search, we found Passportal. It looked like IT Glue six years ago and the sales rep made a ton of promises about the development team working on "tons" of new features".
The password manager is good, we like the mobile app; but it is slow and the UI doesn't flow.
The documentation part is not ready yet. We tried to use and it doesn't give us the "efficiency" e were looking for. We went back to SharePoint and hope that SolarWinds brings this product up to speed.

The mobile app to see passwords while on the field. +1 for MFA support. Ability to request access to passwords for L1 techs and they can be assigned permanently or temporarily. The is no report about this, thought.

It is supper slow. To get one password you have to navigate through folders and it takes 3-5 second to load a page. The search engine should default to current customer and keep that setting until its changed. It should remember your last folder, etc. All the documentation part is still not mature as rivals like IT Glue: - Default templates don't have the fields we need, and if we modify them, we can not link them from passwords anymore. There is no way to go back. - Domains don't allow to enter custom DNS records, and they don't have snapshots; so if somebody changes your DNS zone, there is not way to know what was there before. - There is not alerts for domain or certificates about to expire. - SOP Documents don't allow inheritable templates. You need to create the same document for each client for common procedures. - No reporting. Only for passwords. The "runbook" is just a dump of all documents/assets. The feedback option doesn't show dates, so you don't know if a feedback or a idea you are going to vote for has been there for years or days.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: IT Glue

Warum Passportal gewählt wurde: SS was on-prem and its mobile app sucks.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Secret Server Password Manager

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: As mentioned before, IT Glue reps (Kaseya in general) are jerks. They invent offers that last until "this Friday" to try to force the sale and when you are ready to sign in, there is a lots of add-ins to the final price; and they try to lock you up for three or more years.

Michael F.
Operations Analyst in USA

From implementation to party of our daily rotation

Kommentare: The subfolder/search issue gave a bad first impression for myself and my staff of the product. The inability to automate the backup with 2FA is a major issue.

Once we removed the subfolders and placed all of the passwords at the root of the clients it works just as we need it to on the web and mobile apps for quick access to users and passwords.

There is an ability to create subfolders for each client but when you have a number of subfolders for all clients it breaks the search function eliminating the possibility of using the subfolders. There have been 2-3 major outages in the 8 months we have been using this application. This increases the need for constant backups which can only be done via an application run manually. Support was not aware of the ability to run the backup application from command line which has instructions in text file in the same folder as the application itself. Unfortunately you can't run a backup via command line and automate it (batch file, scheduled task, etc.) with 2-factor authentication enabled (which we HAVE to have enabled) so you would have to run the backups manually. If there is ever an update to a password between backups and there is an outage then the staff does not have access to the updated password until the service is restored.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: IT Glue

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: Cost and it covered the main function we need it for

Jason P.
Jason P.

Zero Complaints

Kommentare: Documentation of customer systems is a nightmare. A) You've got to have a centralized place where your staff can access it, B) That data needs to be secure, C) There are not many affordable AND secure options for small businesses like ours. PassportalMSP has solved all of these issues in one go. We are now migrating all of our documentation into Passportal with ease and it's actually USEFUL to keep up and running as we go about our day supporting clients.
My sales rep has been amazing! Highly communicative, quick to respond, ensures I've understood how the system works for when I want to start reselling password security to clients.
Onboarding was a breeze. By the time I had scheduled my onboarding session, however, I had already begun utilizing the system and my customizations were as they would have recommended. A very intuitive system to use!
Pricing is spot on as well. Add to the fact I can resell to clients as part of a service bundle or otherwise, and eventually the service pays for itself. You can't go wrong with that.
I highly recommend giving it a trial, if you're struggling with centralized documentation and password management!

Highly intuitive interface, easy browser integration, plenty of options to customize data entered into the system, data is connected quickly to other relevant data to navigate client documentation quickly, password management has been spot on with little to no issues. Recently learned I can integrate it with customer AD networks and manage account resets from within my own system!

As of yet, clients cannot access their documentation we record. This is supposed to be coming in the future, however. Also waiting for documentation access in the mobile app, but I can forgive as I know progress doesn't happen overnight.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: MSP Manager, IT Glue und Microsoft Teams

Warum Passportal gewählt wurde: Both our prior "note" taking system and then our ticketing tool that includes many features for customer documentation within it were a bit clunky to use in practice. Now that SolarWinds has acquired Passportal, I'm hoping they plan to integrate it with MSP Manager so we can benefit from both products equally.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Evernote Teams

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: We were attempting to transition to MSP Manager, and our documentation didn't quite fit the platform. It helped in some cases, but not in many other areas. Ultimately, we didn't utilize it daily as we should have. Many people recommended IT Glue, but Passportal offered the nicer package of reselling to clients. Teams+OneNote was an option we considered, but it would have been more akin to Evernote and I knew we needed a system better capable of "relating" bits of data together for a client.

Andrew F.
Computer-Vernetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Pretty good so far.

Kommentare: Being able to collect user passwords from my team automatically without us having to remember to document everything has been pretty helpful.

It was quick and easy to setup and deploy on my systems and customer systems. Being able to see who accessed a password and when is also pretty huge for audits.

There are some things that can't be changed after you set them, some of the setup is not super intuitive or flexible. Things like assuming the customer has a person who can administer the service onsite and forcing you to have at least 1 site administrator per customer when in reality, there are probably a number of companies that don't have a person in house suitable to be the site administrator. Integration with N-Central doesn't seem there quite yet, but we're hopeful they'll get it working properly soon enough. You can access and copy the passwords from the Take Control, but it won't actually paste the passwords into the system it seems.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: IT Glue

Warum Passportal gewählt wurde: Confluence didn't have any way of automatically capturing our passwords as we put them in or give us a secure tool for giving our customers to manage their passwords.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Confluence

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: It's distributed through Pax8, not developed in Australia, and we already use N-Central and wanted the integration between Passportal and our RMM.

Kyle B.

Passportal has organize and streamlined my MSP

Kommentare: Passportal Ocular, Docs, and Sites has really helped my MSP mature and I'm very thankful to have it!!

I love many things about Passportal, but my favorite one is the 'Site' feature. Being able to securely share the entire password database with the PoC at each client is a major game-changer for my MSP. It adds visibility to the relationship. A lot of clients with outsourced I.T. feel like they are in the dark and kind of held hostage with their own environment. The Site feature bridges that gap and helps keep the client in the loop and feel like they've retained some ownership over their environment. Can't wait until the full documentation platform can be shared with the client!!

The biggest change I would make would be the ability to edit and change what configurations are listed in the menu tree under Core Items, Trackers, Apps & Services, & Others. I'd like to be able to move these around, rename them, add additional, etc.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: IT Glue

Warum Passportal gewählt wurde: Passportal handles passwords in a more mature and secure way. I like the GUI of Passportal much better. Seems to be laid out more intuitively. I

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: It fit the needs of my business better than the other options while doing so at a better price point.

Kevin K.
IT Project Manager in USA

Passportal gets a pass

Kommentare: We have solved our password management needs and documentation for clients in one spot and hope to solve more once we optimize the use of the system more.

I like how many features are combined in one solution from password management to documentation to offering portals to employees and clients easily.

The organization method of the system is not very logical. I do not like how you have to create a vendor and then a contact and that the vendor list is pretty much global and not specific to company. Also the agent on the servers do not seem to work correctly and we still do not see them functioning as they should. After contacting support we have decided to table fixing this since no one is in need of it at this time. I also do not like the addon in the browser it autofills 2FA and creates login issues instead of seamless logins.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: IT Glue

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: We chose passportal because it seemed to be more feature rich with greater value.

Kelly speers I.
Kelly speers I.
Owner / Principal IT Consultant in Kanada
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Passportal Ocular +Docs is helping us prevent brain drain

Kommentare: our documentation and password management are kept up to date allowing our contractors as well as the outsourced teams to know what we have in place.

How easy we keep records of our client's setup and secure their credentials.

there is a bit of a learning curve but support is helpful getting over the humps.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: IT Glue

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: price and lack of meeting commitments other companies had mentioned to us about IT Glue not livving up to.

Tom S.
Tom S.
Technical Architect in UK

Enterprise password management

Kommentare: Very please with the solution, it makes it easier and more secure to login to multiple customer environments.

I was involved in choosing this solution for our organisation and chose passportal because it is the only true enterprise password management solution on the market. I like that you can organize your credentials by company, that there is a plugin for connectwise control, and that you have the option to share the credentials with the customer themselves.

There is no way to permanently delete something as a user, you have to get in touch with support to do this. This is essential for GDPR

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: LastPass und Myki

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: Because it is the only solution that truly offered password management for an MSP

Joseph M.
Joseph M.

PassPortal

Kommentare: We have been able to centralize and secure passwords for our company. This product has also helped secure our clients passwords for internal use as well provide a portal for our clients to use which helps provide value to our clients.

What I liked most about Passportal is how you can manage your clients. I like that i can private label the product for our company. The mobile app is great and very handy and works well. Securing our clients passwords has been a huge benefit.

Initial setup was not so intuitive and needed to run through the training twice.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: IT Glue

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: The ability to private label this product as well as the price point.

Kendall P.
Owner in Kanada

Great Product

Kommentare: This software has been a life saver in terms of saving time and money. I would highly recommend it.

I really like that all my clients information is readily available in 1 place. I don't have to hunt through pages of documentation to find a password, IP address, how to article or anything. All information is laid out in a standard format

the integration with ConnectWise Automate and Control seems a little delayed. and sometimes doesn't show up at all if the serial number isn't populated in Automate.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Confluence und Microsoft SharePoint

Warum Passportal gewählt wurde: Pricing

Zuvor genutzte Software: IT Glue

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: Even though the other 2 options were free, being able to standardize the documentation was key. The password keeper was also a huge factor. the last was the integration with many other software platforms. For the price, we couldn't pass it up.

Michael P.
COO in USA

Good bang for your buck

Kommentare: It's a solid product at a fair price.

Good documentation is key to running a successful MSP and PassPortal allows you to keep good notes for both your team and your clients in a secure manner. It's as comprehensive as their largest competitor, IT Glue, but significantly less and with only a month to month commitment.

It's still not inexpensive, but it's necessary as you scale and mature your MSP. It's also a major undertaking to get setup, but there are good resources to get you up and running.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: IT Glue

Warum Passportal gewählt wurde: Much more comprehensive and specific to our business' needs.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Dropbox Business

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: Better value.

Michael M.
Director of Technology in USA

Very happy with Passportal

It forced us to develop good habits. We previously documented in the site config section of autotask which was functionally no different than a notepad file. Passportal's structure of templates and linking forces us to put in more information which leads to better notes.

There are some customization aspects which are still lacking, but are on the roadmap.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: IT Glue

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: Cost was the primary factor. IT Glue did *more* than Passportal, but the extra features IT Glue offered were of little to no importance to us. Those extra features greatly increased IT Glue's cost. Passportal gave us exactly what we were looking for at a fair price.

Jay A.
Vice President in USA

Best tool in our arsenal

Kommentare: We work with dozens of tools and passportal has easily been the most useful one. We have had to call in for technical support twice and both times our issues were handled on the first call.

Our passwords are secure and we have the ability to share those passwords as needed to clients. Password management has always been a nightmare but now it couldn't be easier

We add our client domains in and have the ability to see expiration dates but there is no way to run a report on all domains to see all expiration in one view.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: IT Glue

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: We felt the password security in Passportal was superior over IT Glue. While documentation is important, knowing that our passwords are secure was our top concern.

Chris B.
Regional Manager in UK

MSP Password and Security

Kommentare: Overall great experience, it helps us achieve some GDPR compliance and audit ability of our customers as well as a central store for documentation

The audit report of known password by user and the ability to change windows password

The fact that single sign on and ad sync is not an option at the moment

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: IT Glue

Warum Passportal gewählt wurde: The audit report and the automatic password change on engineer leaving

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: Simple interface and costing. It Glue is a great documentarian product but a poor password Maanger, Passportal is a better password manager but not as good in documentation. As our need was focused on password management etc Passportal was the best option

Ryan C.

PassPortal Review

The reporting capabilities are pretty good. The idea of Docs is really good, but needs some work.

It's pretty slow going between sections and clients. While there are a lot of integrations, there are no ways that I've found to bulk edit imported assets, or merge duplicate assets. Runbooks don't export long sentances properly, they don't word wrap well. For instance a long URL in a text field exported to a PDF would go off the page

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: IT Glue

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: The password manager seemed to be better.

Lucas P.
Cybersecurity Analyst in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Passportal

Kommentare: Even prior to the acquisition, Passportal had excellent customer service and support. Their employees truly stand behind and understand the platform. SolarWinds will only improve that great, baseline technology and continue to give great support.

The functionality and capabilities that are meant for Managed Service Providers are top notch. Administration, implementation, and set up was simple. AD and Chrome browser extension integrations were effortless/

There are some small kinks to still be worked out: some User/Password fields don't populate, a few newly created credentials don't auto-save, some small UI issues with extension

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Keeper Business, 1Password, KeePass, Myki, RoboForm, Dashlane for Business und LastPass

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: Pricing, Partnership, Proof of Concept

Eddie P.
COO in Kanada

Using passportal with 500 end users

The great thing about this software is that it seems pretty intuitive, I like the import feature for the passwords it works really really well. It has two factor authentication of course which is a requirement. lastly the windows sink although it took a bit of time to figure out exactly how it worked is extremely nice.

when we first reviewed this software it looked like the search feature was extremely powerful however after using it for a while it isn't as powerful as I'd like. Secondly there's no way to move items around so if I create an item in one folder I can't move it to the other without doing it one by one there's no mass feature there's also no document import feature which would be nice that being said importing or rather copying and pasting from word or even from a website works extremely well

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: IT Glue

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: I like the simplicity of the price, I like the password sync utility and the support / sales people seem to really really great

Jason C.

Clarity review

Kommentare: Passportal has been an easy tool for our team to use and has forced us to better manage passwords we use for our tools and access to our customer environments. Its another tool to help us improve the security we need for our client environments.

Software is easy to use and provides an audit trail for password activity. Integration with Automate is an valuable feature for our use of the tool.

Would like to see configurations between ConnectWise Manage and Passportal so that we don't have to copy information to Passportal.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: LastPass

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: A focus on the MSP space and ability to add customer password management.

Robert M.
Director of Operations in USA

Lost promises

Password management and integration with connectwise control

Unable to create folders to organize articles. Unable to update passwords through connectwise automate.

Tim G.

Great Product

Kommentare: Using Passportal has enhanced our ability to keep client passwords secure. Since there is documentation as well we are able to keep almost all of our information in Passportal making information more easily accessible.
The ability to use Passportal with Screenconnect has been an added bonus as it makes logging into systems much quicker than before.

The website is very easy to use. The plugins for ScreenConnect and Microsoft Edge work very well and make me and my team more efficient. The password sync with servers has helped a lot with user support.

The plugin for Firefox doesn't work very well. The app on the iPhone only has access to passwords and none of the documentation. At times the server password sync can be buggy but it is easily fixed with a reinstall of the software. The customization of the documentation is a little lacking but not too bad.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: IT Glue

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Passportal: Price. Passportal is priced right. I do not feel over charged at all.

Austin F.
IT Systems Technician Intern in USA

Excitement for future features.

Kommentare: Working with Passportal has been quite positive. The application is fairly intuitive and theirs always someone willing to help.

Passportal makes managing passwords for hundreds of clients simple. If a question arises, phone support is rarely longer than a 15 minute wait. Support staff is always courteous and wanting to help find the answer best suited for the scenario.

Features could be more fleshed out such as setting default properties for folders, but this is only a temporary issue since we’ve been informe by Passportal that this will someday roll out to customers.

Senior Network Technician in USA

Good password management tool, fair documentation platform

Kommentare: Overall our experiences with Passportal (previous to being bought by SolarWinds) has been positive. While there have been some issues they have addressed them and the product has continued to grow substantially since we've been onboard.

It does a good job of keeping login information for various customers in a central, secure, managed location. It allows you to restrict access to specific clients to specific people or teams and tracks every time a technician has accessed a password so you know what needs to be rotated if they depart.

The browser plugin is tolerable but not great.

Tracy W.
Procurement Specialist in Kanada

Functional with Issues

The Search and Password Generator features are convenient and useful. Being able to keep my passwords in a different vault than the company passwords is great. I also like that I can share my username and password info with an individual without have to make it public for the entire company. Negative issues experienced when we first rolled out Passportal no longer happen and the fact that Passportal has 'fixed' these is considered a big Pro in my books! (IE: Organization Code would not save, credentials would not populate even though the URL matched). Happy to have a Canadian offering such as this!

The set up and transition to Passportal was not smooth, which may have been a training or implementation issue, but it was frustrating out of the gate due to issues that now do not seem to happen (see Pro comments).

Nick R.
Infrastructure Manager in UK

Changed the way the business operates.

Kommentare: The software has enabled our business to organise, check and collate all our clients documentation and credentials in one place. This means our technicians are spending a lot less time searching for information, so overall efficiency for our customers has been greatly improved. Having the ability for our technicians to have their own secure vault for corporate credentials has also improved our overall security.

Access to the portal on any devices at any time. Portal is well designed and extremely fast to use. Ability to store credentials and documentation in the same portal is amazing, plus the ability to link documents and credentials in revolutionary for us.

After using the software for nearly 6 months we have found no issues.