Über Castr

Castr is a self-service Live Video Streaming Platform, offering multi-streaming, IP camera streams and VOD hosting. Powered by AKAMAI.

Erfahre mehr über Castr

Daniel H.
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.1.2020

"For those of us doing Live events, Castr is an essential fail safe partner"

Vorteile: The ability to have an uploaded pre-recorded video scheduled to stream live with just 3 mins notice is really useful for failsafe option. Internet gremlins can always get in the way during a live event, so I find this quick scheduling option to be really useful and the main reason I stuck to Castr and not their competition.
They also offer 24 hour cloud recording & a mobile app which their competitors don't either. Cloud recording is another really useful failsafe in case your recordings locally didn't happen.
Mobile app lets you use your mobile camera to stream which is really useful.

Nachteile: Shame that they only allow 1 uploaded video at a time seems rather stingy when 2 would be really useful and not lose them much business for small time streamers. They don't offer their Embed on website script as part of the lower packages which seems a shame when their competitors do and don't see why that would harm them to offer this in lower packages. Less than 3 mins schedulng would be even better!

Hey Daniel,
Thank you for your valuable time and wonderful feedback, just wanted to let you know that we will soon be out with a new module and UI. It would have the answer to all your problems :)

Douglas H.
Bartender/Streamer
Essen & Trinken, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.1.2020

"My experience with Castr the past 6 months."

Kommentare: I started a podcast about 10 months ago and before I did them live I would just record them and upload the video. Its hard to make it as any type of streamer these days, especially when you're new and have 0 viewers and get put at the bottom of the bunch. I wanted to reach as many people as possible, in the easiest way. I spent a lot of time watching videos on how to simulcast and whats the best soft ware to use. Most came with $50 + a month bill. Since I'm not currently making any money from producing content the price matters. Then I found caster. It had everything I was looking for, unlimited stream hours, stream on multiple platforms, (I personally stream on Twitch, Mixer, Youtube & Dlive). It made my life incredibly easier. In the first day I connected all my accounts and clicked the go live button, boom, that easy; and its only $15 a month. That's cheaper than my bar tab. I would recommend Castr's simulcast package to ANYONE who is just starting. Sometimes I get a few followers on mixer, then the next day its youtube or maybe twitch. I'm reaching as many people as I can at once and instead of just building up my stream following on one platform, I'm doing it on 4 at once. I could do even more if I wanted to. Overall Castr can't be beat for its simulcast service and price, I have had castr for over 6 months now and don't plan on canceling anytime soon.

Vorteile: -GREAT PRICE, way cheaper than most simulcast or re-stream services
-Unlimited Stream hours
-Direct download after stream is over
-SUPER User friendly, linked my accounts and started streaming day one.
-Integrated chat system is a huge plus

Nachteile: Over the past 6 months since I've been using it there has been a few hiccups. Some times when I start streaming, it will say my account is linked and connected but it wont be streaming on the platform. Example: I stream on youtube, twitch, mixer and Dlive. On the home screen it says my mixer account is connected and live, but when I visit my page on mixer it says I'm offline. I then have to try deleting and reconnecting my account to Castr or resetting my stream key, and even then it does not always work. I have only had this problem mainly with Mixer (youtube and twitch every now and then). That being said I'm not sure if this is a problem on Castr's end or Mixers. I have chatted with a worker about this issue and alls he had me do was the same steps I listed above. Deleted, re-link, try again. This option does not always work. Then the next day everything will magically work again. This is a very minor problem but can grow to be very irritating. Some other small cons I've noticed. The integrated chat seems to only link Youtube, Mixer and Twitch. Any smaller platforms don't detected. I use OBSLabs to live stream, and some of the apps don't work as they should. For example the viewer count extension where it shows the amount of viewers per platform only shows my viewers on twitch. Not the other 3 platforms I'am streaming on. Again, I'm not sure if that is a problem on OBSlabs end or Castr's.

von Castr an 29.1.2020

Hey Douglas,
Happy to read such wonderful feedback from you, sorry to hear about the small hiccups, I will take personal attention to investigate this matter and resolve it asap if any found.

Stephen C.
Content creator
Medienproduktion, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

"Castr Review"

Kommentare: Overall Castr has been excellent and in the few issues I have experienced, customer service has sorted things out very quickly.
I have never had my stream cut out. It offers Pull URL at no extra cost on my package which is much cheaper than other similar services.

Vorteile: Very large range of services to stream to not just the usual Facebook and Youtube.
Excellent stream quality
Relatively low latency
Recording of streams
Pull URL functionality

Nachteile: Castr needs to have more data information. During and post streaming we need to see broadcast stats

Hey Stephan,
Thanks for the fantastic feedback, your cons mean a lot to us.

We are continually developing, and for sure, we can try to get your requirements in phase very soon.

Thanks for your valuable support and relationship with us.

Dan B.
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.1.2020

"Thousands of dropped frames- Useless waste of money"

Kommentare: Useless. It worked perfectly for me for the first 3 broadcasts. I was excited. Than after that it decided to drop thousands of frames a broadcast and lose the bit rate of the stream. My viewers had a terrible experience and so I had to stop using it. Very disappointing and a loss of funds

Vorteile: Ease of use. It is very simple to add the social media destinations and get up and multi-stream your broadcast.

Nachteile: Dropped frames...Dropped frames...Dropped frames.

Hey Dan,
Sorry to hear that you faced issues lately, please note that frame drops mostly take place from the source side since our servers just send the data as we receive.

Our support team is open 24x7 and if you have reached out to us for sure someone would have helped you to resolve the same.

I hope you can give us another chance and I can assure you that your issues will be solved.

Charles S.
Senior Pastor
  • Bewertet am 20.12.2019

"Best Value and Customer Service"

Kommentare: We had a specialized schedule and budget for Dedicated Live Streaming and the Castr Staff went out of their way to really listen and customize a solution for us that met all of our goals and constraints. The Software and Streaming Service is ROCK SOLID and when you combine that with the truly best customer service and pricing, it is the Best Decision we could make.

Vorteile: Very easy to setup and operate. No experience needed. It walks you through each step and then remembers everything you set so the next time you log in it is ready with one click. Great stats. Great plug ends. The Best Customer service. It is Rock Solid and never crashes.

Nachteile: It is clear that the Castr product development team not only has a lot of experience but listens to what people need and then writes it into the software. I use it every week and I can not find a con. It is so refined and user friendly.

Hey Charles,
Thanks for the fantastic feedback, your words encourage us to work harder and develop new technologies more confidently.

Thanks for your valuable support.

Timothy H.
Live Streamer
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

"A solid product"

Kommentare: Castr has made it very easy to stream to both Mixer and Twitch at the same time. By pulling my Mixer feed, it simplifies my Twitch stream output.

Vorteile: Ease of use and UI were pretty superior to other products (namely restream)

Nachteile: I wish it had fully combined chats, and a chat bot would be ideal (cross-platform but one central UI for commands, timers, etc)

von Castr an 17.1.2020

Hey Timothy,
Happy to read your wonderful feedback, I have taken note of your comments and I assure you that we will soon be out with a new chat module.

Osama B.
It support
Rundfunkmedien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.1.2020

"Good feature with reasonable price "

Kommentare: Good so far

Vorteile: Low rate cdn services

Nachteile: We can't change email address a d some other options unless we ask support to do that on our behalf

Hey Osama,
Thanks for the wonderful feedback, I understand your issue but we have placed such limitation in order to prevent random users from misusing the trial services. I hope you can understand.

Olu N.
Head Deacon
  • Bewertet am 9.1.2020

"Great option to multi stream event"

Vorteile: It just works. We have been using it for almost two years to stream out weekend services on Facebook and YouTube and apart for some minor issues early on it has worked great. It also doesn’t add much delay to the stream.

Nachteile: Not having a mobile app for monitoring or being able to monitor the video and audio from mobile browser within the castr dashboard.

Hey Olu,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we are working on mobile apps and soon it will be out with a better interface.

Matheus M.
Communication Analyst
Automotive, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.1.2020

"Castr, a great solution"

Kommentare: Their support is excellent.

Vorteile: The intregation with social networks is very good.

Nachteile: the price of the software could be a little better

Hey Matheus,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we will consider the pricing and see what can be done in the near future.

Rakhmad S.
Managing Partner
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 23.12.2019

"Great software for simulcasting"

Kommentare: Very good.

Vorteile: Simultaneous streaming to multiple platforms

Nachteile: Inability to stream to multiple pages on Facebook.

Hey Rakhmad,
Thank you for your valuable feedback, we do support multiple FB pages and groups, which depends on the plan you have chosen with us.

If you upgrade to higher-tier plan you can stream to more places, please reach out to our live support 24x7 and we will be very happy to assist you.

Mauricio J.
IT director
Rundfunkmedien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

"Great service!"

Kommentare: We user Castr to deliver our content 24/7 to different platforms, it makes our workflow much simpler, we save internet bandwidth and hardware stress

Vorteile: We use this service daily and this is already part of our workflow!
It offers a clever alternative to slow internet connection when one need to stream to various channels and is very easy to use.

Nachteile: As it is part of our workflow any instability in the service have an impact in our multi transmissions

Hey Mauricio,
Thank you for such a fantastic review, your comments mean a lot to us.

Anu A.
IT & Media Director
  • Bewertet am 10.1.2020

"Very Good restream and multistream alternative"

Vorteile: It's cheap
The site is fluid and quite easy to setup
You get an RTMP link of your stream, which is good for rebroadcasting.
Lag time is so impressively little; close to FTL.
On the whole it is a very good restream option, competes well with any other out there, and is a good value for money. You'd probably never want to switch once you get in.

Nachteile: Video quality can be better. There is quite noticeable difference in the quality of the feed or video when streaming directly to the external platform, say YouTube.
I don't know what Castr does - maybe a recompression or other messing around with the bits and bytes. I have told them about this quite a while ago.

Hey Anu,
Thank you for your valuable feedback, we are constantly developing and I am sure that your issues will be solved real soon. We do not do any modifications to both incoming and outgoing streams we get.

Timothy R.
Vice President
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.1.2020

"Easy to use streaming server"

Vorteile: The user interface is very easy to use and clear from beginning on, there is not much that one can do wrong when using Castr.io. We are using Castr.io for our live stream productions without any problems, the latency is great and the fact they have servers around the globe allows for stable streams even from the US to Europe, etc. For our usage, Castr.io is perfect as it offers everything we need and nothing more on a stable, easy to use platform.

Nachteile: I did notice some little bugs with Castr.io (such as with the cloud recording) which I reported to the customer service back then and haven't heard back, but other than that everything works just fine for our usage. The only other point of criticism is the slightly unflexible pricing with pre-defined packages. I feel like in the cloud-server-days it would be a lot easier for everyone to be able to scale up and down the servers based on the requirements and not being locked into a specific plan with certain limits.

Hey Timothy,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback, I heard your comments and I assure you that we will rectify your issues asap.

We do have not any contracts, so you may scale up and down your operations based on your usage anytime. Please reach out to our support if you face any difficulties and we would be really happy to assist you.

Elizabeth A.
Live stream Tech
  • Bewertet am 12.1.2020

"excellent with room for improvement"

Kommentare: Overall, I love Castr and was not upset when it became a pay service. $10 is an excellent amount to spend on the service I am receiving.

Vorteile: It is an inexpensive and simple way to stream to YouTube and Facebook

Nachteile: I have issues directly connecting to YouTube and had to use customer service to get a work around. However, the product still works. Also occasionally there seems to be some sound distortion and interference that happens when the signal gets to Castr. It is possible that Castr is not the cause of the issue but it is impossible for me to tell.

Hey Elizabeth,
Thanks for the wonderful feedback, as far as we checked with the backend team there are no issues on the current services, but I assure you that I will make them double-check on your account and see if any issues are present and rectify the same.

• Bewertet am 12.1.2020
Nik K.
  • Bewertet am 17.1.2020

"Castr is great .. but..."

Kommentare: Castr is very Good in service and there product.

Vorteile: Easy, good and fast many options
Work around is nice and the support is fast.

Nachteile: Some very important features are very expensive. For professional

von Castr an 30.1.2020

Hey Nik,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback, we offer the best pricing in the market when compared to others.

We constantly work on developing new features to provide to clients.

• Bewertet am 17.1.2020
Jake B.
Creative Director
  • Bewertet am 9.1.2020

"Best Multi-streaming Out There!"

Kommentare: When looking for a solutions to livestream to both Facebook and YouTube, we came across Castr and it solved all of our issues. We love the fact that it doesn't required you to put any of their branding in the descriptions (even though, we gladly would) and that the stream looks great on both sites.

Vorteile: Adding your platforms to Castr is easy as 1, 2, 3. Their no fuse way of adding platforms makes it so easy to do that I had it done within 3 minutes.

Nachteile: Everything is great! I haven't encountered any issues.

Hey Jake,
Thank you for your valuable time and feedback, your words encourage us to work much smarter.

Arjay J.
Managing Director

"Castr is Amazing!"

Vorteile: The greatest thing about Castr is its low latency. This has been great for the live broadcasts we do in order to interact with the audience with less lag!

Nachteile: Downloading the recoded media doesn't have a proper timestamp.

Hey Arjay,
Thank you for the fantastic review, I have noted your comment and I assure you that we will do the needful very soon.

Robin A.
Producer
  • Bewertet am 9.1.2020

"Absolutely best deal for the money"

Kommentare: So far so good. Pricing is my main concern right now and this does what it needs to do. Not a lot of bells and whistles.....it just restreams the feed and it does it consistently with no issues. Which is great.

Vorteile: Very consistent video quality and uses very little bandwidth to run. The cost is WAY below other options out there.

Nachteile: Had quite a bit of difficulty getting the settings right on my outgoing streaming software to accommodate the various destinations as Castr doesn't do any restream "tweeking", which some other sites do. I also would have liked to be able to set a general "Title" & "Info" per show which is not an option right now.

Hi Robin,
Thank you for your valuable support and feedback, the metadata change is now available for a few platforms and soon we will have them for all.

Paul G.
Web Developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 9.1.2020

"Cheap option for multi-streaming but packs a punch"

Kommentare: Castr helped me multi-stream and reach more audience for a very low price.

Vorteile: Ease of use and a really cheap option for multi-streaming.

Nachteile: Multi-chat relay not as useful. Could also use a better analytics dashboard.

Hey Paul,
Thanks for your valuable feedback, I have read your comment and for sure we will be re-working on the chat module very soon.

Thanks for your valuable support

Quentin B.
Streamer
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 29.12.2019

"This is a great website to stream on multiple platforms"

Vorteile: I am able to stream on Mixer and then the site pulls my stream from Mixer and post it to other sites.

Nachteile: I love everything about it no problems from my end

Hey Quentin,
Feeling happy to read such supportive feedback, thank you for motivating and supporting us.

• Bewertet am 29.12.2019
Shyam P.
Broadcaster

"Better than Restream"

Kommentare: This is the best budget friendly solution for house of worship and non profits and it’s cheaper than Restream. I felt that Restream ripped people off for the things they provide for hefty fees. Thus Castr is the way to go.

Vorteile: The ease to use it. Controls. Admin area

Nachteile: Could have had more ways to attract non-profits.

Hey Shyam,
Happy to see such wonderful feedback, I have heard your comments and I assure we will try to plan some specials for non - profit organizations soon.

Bill S.
CEO / Director of Engineering
Rundfunkmedien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

"Restreaming made easy!"

Kommentare: Our experience with Castr has been fantastic. Their support has been head and shoulders above any other online service provider we have used. The live chat support works great and the support representatives are very knowledgable and do their best to provide good information and answer all your questions.

Vorteile: The Castr restreaming product was very easy to set up and works flawlessly. We use it every night to live stream our 10pm newscast on YouTube and Facebook. In addition, the low cost of the service was a big bonus for what is a very robust and mature product.

Nachteile: No real negatives... The restreaming product worked great.

Hey Bill,
Happy to read such excellent feedback from you, it only encourages to work smarter and stay on top of our competitors.

Thank you for your valuable support.

Steve M.
Director of Video
Rundfunkmedien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.1.2020

"Castr has changed our lifes!"

Kommentare: So with Castr we have pushed our workflow to the next level with minimal outlay! Having the option for 5 encoders means we can bring in 5 live cameras in to our control room remotely without the need to spend on very expensive equipment to make this happen. We often get asked to stream on many social media sites at the same time which again Castr just allows!! Its amazing system that they have to offer and the price matches the competitors if not betters it!!

Vorteile: The multiple encoder inputs with the ability to record and store online.
The 10 social media simulcasts we can do!

Nachteile: i cant really find a con with Castr! I moved from a competitor due to the lack of features and Castr has ticked every box!

Hey Steve,
Thank you for your excellent feedback and your valuable support. It means a lot to us.

Mark T.
Worship Production Lead
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.1.2020

"Works great, really affordable."

Vorteile: Easy to use. Once the rmtp is set up once I hit stream on obs it goes live straight away on castr. I love being able to simulcast to multiple platforms.

Nachteile: You have to have Facebook open in creator studio for the stream to go live there.

Hey Mark,
Thank you for your feedback, I have read your comment and will do the needful developments asap.

Mauricio S.
Church media director
  • Bewertet am 9.1.2020

"This been the best streaming program"

Kommentare: This software has been a huge blessing for our church, I cant thank enough, our church members are able to watch a live stream through different platform. We are very Happy. Castr is very easy to use you don’t have to be a savvy to learn how to set up the stream through different platform. Another great thing is the price.

Vorteile: Very easy to install
Very easy to set up
Very user Friendly
Iam very Amazed

Nachteile: Payment history mire friendly good to know what card on file is reoccurring.

Hey Mauricio,
Thank you for such wonderful feedback, happy to see that we were able to solve your church members' requests.

Castr does not store any card information on file for security reasons and hence you are unable to see the same. Please feel free to reach out to our live support anytime in case you face any payment issues, we would be very happy to help you out.