Über Castr

Castr ist eine Self-Service-Live-Video-Streaming-Plattform, die Multi-Streaming, IP-Kamera-Streams und VOD-Hosting bietet. Unterstützt von Akamai.

Erfahre mehr über Castr

It’s always confusing to distinguish the products by their names.

Bewertungen zu Castr

Castr hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 278 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Castr bereits verwendet?

Daniel H.
Daniel H.
CEO in Bulgarien
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

For those of us doing Live events, Castr is an essential fail safe partner

The ability to have an uploaded pre-recorded video scheduled to stream live with just 3 mins notice is really useful for failsafe option. Internet gremlins can always get in the way during a live event, so I find this quick scheduling option to be really useful and the main reason I stuck to Castr and not their competition. They also offer 24 hour cloud recording & a mobile app which their competitors don't either. Cloud recording is another really useful failsafe in case your recordings locally didn't happen. Mobile app lets you use your mobile camera to stream which is really useful.

Shame that they only allow 1 uploaded video at a time seems rather stingy when 2 would be really useful and not lose them much business for small time streamers. They don't offer their Embed on website script as part of the lower packages which seems a shame when their competitors do and don't see why that would harm them to offer this in lower packages. Less than 3 mins schedulng would be even better!

Antwort von Castr

Hey Daniel, Thank you for your valuable time and wonderful feedback, just wanted to let you know that we will soon be out with a new module and UI. It would have the answer to all your problems :)

Lucas P.
The boss in Dominikanische Republik
Animation, Selbstständig

Report cas

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Very good service very good employe service person

Very fast and good customer service never goes offline

They sometime misscalulated bandhwith but at least they give coupon

Houston B.
Creative Arts Director in USA
Rundfunkmedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Conceptually great, but execution is terrible

Kommentare: Before I give my review, if I could give one solid piece of advice, it's STAY AWAY FROM CASTR.IO Their customer service, while friendly, lack knowledge and typically beat around the bushes when answering your questions. And if they do know the direct answer, it's usually a disappointment. The scheduler is many times choppy when streaming videos from it, and you can only have ONE scheduler. YES ONE SCHEDULER. That's so crazy that no matter what package you have, you get ONE. And they mislead you to believe higher packages have more. On top of this, I've had plenty of issues with a stream stopping in the middle and having to restart it over completely from the beginning because they have no method to skip through videos that you upload to their schedulers. The idea and concept of their service is fantastic, their actual service is terrible. Save yourself some trouble and go get service that actually works consistently the way you need it to. I expect castr.io to lose more and more as people realize how featureless they actually are with all the bugs in their system.

- Great ideas and good concept of features - Prices seem to be fairly good - Customer service was friendly and quick to return questions

- Streaming was choppy when using the scheduler - Only able to schedule one at a time - Customer service lacked training and/or knowledge of product - Many bugs when uploading to scheduler - No playback menu to skim through media if things failed on their end to continue where you left off on your broadcast

letztes Jahr

Hey Bulanadi, Sad to see the lower ratings, we at Castr value each and every feedback, and I personally think I can help you find the solution or help you find the source of the error. You may reach me personally at gokul@castr.io regarding this issue and I can assure you that my assistance will make you consider the change in the feedback.

Eleazar R.
Coordinator Studio & Library in Curaçao
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great customer and quality service, easy configuration.

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: The ability to stream to different platforms simultaneously was a big issue. Now with Castr, the problem is solved. Also to be able to schedule a video to go live at a particular time on all selected platforms at the same time.

Scheduling a rebroadcast to stream at a selected time and also broadcasting a stream without a watermark.

No possibility to chat live with all platforms in the same chat window.

Raquel R.
President in USA
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I left Restream for Castr

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I stream live everyday of the week and it's how I earn a living. Castr has made multi-streaming affordable and reliable. I couldn't be happier and always recommend Castr over any and all others.

I was with Restream for years and switched to Castr because it was more bang for the buck. The customer service has been very friendly and more than helpful with ANY issue I've run into - even if was with other software. I wish I knew of Castr before I wasted all that time and money with Restream.

Chat Overlay doesn't display User name when consolidating all of your comments, making it useless. Was told it was a Facebook coding issue - don't really care. It doesn't work, other chat overlays do.

Rick W.
Pastor of Finance and Administration in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

One Livestream to Multiple Platforms Solved

4,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: We were able to increase our livestream audience by about 25-30% just by being able to make Facebook an option for viewing, along with our Website and Youtube.

We needed a product allowing us to livestream to multiple platforms and Castr does the job. It's stable, reliable and once set up, we just need to update the livestream keys from the platforms we want to use when necessary.

Sometimes when the layout is changed it isn't always intuitive where to find the features you are used to seeing.

Andy H.
Pastor in Australien

It just works

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: We use it each week to broadcast our Church Gatherings (via an ATEM MINI PRO) and once I set it all up it's now easy enough that our team of volunteers can use it. We keep the same settings each week and it only takes 30 seconds to get it up and going

Castr is easy to set up and use. It's easy to stream to multiple sources - the lag is low.

It's a little unclear exactly what's included with each price point. But the main thing we needed it for was to broadcast to multiple websites at once which is achieved through their "multi-streaming" functionality

Dan Z.

Castr Streaming

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: We are providing people who would not be able to be part of a worship experience to be engaged in a worship experience at or church

I think the cost was initially a help in deciding what we were wanting to accomplish

Sometimes we have issues with streaming but it seems to be with who is receiving to be sent out

Vita M.
Tech Minister in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent product and function for the price

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Overall, Castr is very easy to use. I pre-setup the two profiles so that our volunteers can easily select the correct profile to use for making the livestream happen.

There is a strange login glitch that has been happening but all that's needed is to login in a second time and it is fine.

Eric E.
Lead Pastor in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent choice for live streaming

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

We use Castr every week to live stream our services. It’s easy to set up & a great value for the money. It’s also great for streaming across multiple social media streams. Highly recommend

There are no cons for using Castr. We have really enjoyed our experience with the service.

Douglas H.
Bartender/Streamer in USA
Essen & Trinken, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

My experience with Castr the past 6 months.

Kommentare: I started a podcast about 10 months ago and before I did them live I would just record them and upload the video. Its hard to make it as any type of streamer these days, especially when you're new and have 0 viewers and get put at the bottom of the bunch. I wanted to reach as many people as possible, in the easiest way. I spent a lot of time watching videos on how to simulcast and whats the best soft ware to use. Most came with $50 + a month bill. Since I'm not currently making any money from producing content the price matters. Then I found caster. It had everything I was looking for, unlimited stream hours, stream on multiple platforms, (I personally stream on Twitch, Mixer, Youtube & Dlive). It made my life incredibly easier. In the first day I connected all my accounts and clicked the go live button, boom, that easy; and its only $15 a month. That's cheaper than my bar tab. I would recommend Castr's simulcast package to ANYONE who is just starting. Sometimes I get a few followers on mixer, then the next day its youtube or maybe twitch. I'm reaching as many people as I can at once and instead of just building up my stream following on one platform, I'm doing it on 4 at once. I could do even more if I wanted to. Overall Castr can't be beat for its simulcast service and price, I have had castr for over 6 months now and don't plan on canceling anytime soon.

-GREAT PRICE, way cheaper than most simulcast or re-stream services -Unlimited Stream hours -Direct download after stream is over -SUPER User friendly, linked my accounts and started streaming day one. -Integrated chat system is a huge plus

Over the past 6 months since I've been using it there has been a few hiccups. Some times when I start streaming, it will say my account is linked and connected but it wont be streaming on the platform. Example: I stream on youtube, twitch, mixer and Dlive. On the home screen it says my mixer account is connected and live, but when I visit my page on mixer it says I'm offline. I then have to try deleting and reconnecting my account to Castr or resetting my stream key, and even then it does not always work. I have only had this problem mainly with Mixer (youtube and twitch every now and then). That being said I'm not sure if this is a problem on Castr's end or Mixers. I have chatted with a worker about this issue and alls he had me do was the same steps I listed above. Deleted, re-link, try again. This option does not always work. Then the next day everything will magically work again. This is a very minor problem but can grow to be very irritating. Some other small cons I've noticed. The integrated chat seems to only link Youtube, Mixer and Twitch. Any smaller platforms don't detected. I use OBSLabs to live stream, and some of the apps don't work as they should. For example the viewer count extension where it shows the amount of viewers per platform only shows my viewers on twitch. Not the other 3 platforms I'am streaming on. Again, I'm not sure if that is a problem on OBSlabs end or Castr's.

Antwort von Castr

Hey Douglas, Happy to read such wonderful feedback from you, sorry to hear about the small hiccups, I will take personal attention to investigate this matter and resolve it asap if any found. Happy Streaming :)

Mehdi A.
Réalistateur de live in Frankreich
Rundfunkmedien, Selbstständig

Cast is the best for church and livestream event

Kommentare: To offer my clients zoom conferences without the ZOOM logo during the live event and connect Castr with Atem min pro.
Save time in setting up multiple live feeds with ease.

The ability to launch multiple streams at the same time and on multiple platforms. The ability to schedule streams automatically in advance. A perfect integration with the ATEM MINI PRO and ATEM MINI EXREME video management systems. Constant quality of the stream over a long period of time (8 hours). Reactive customer service. And really affordable prices.

Be able to know the exact audio bitrate (128 or 256) or have a graphical overview of the video/audio bitrate Offer an affiliate account to get a return on investment for referral

letztes Jahr

Hey Andre, Thanks for your such supporting words, we will soon be launching the affiliate program as requested and happy to have you onboard.

IT Admin in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easiest way to simultaneously stream Zoom to YouTube and Facebook

Kommentare: Overall very happy. Support over chat has been responsive with any questions. After using it with this organization, I have recommended Castr to other organizations, and they have been happy with performance. One of the nonprofits I work with only has to broadcast events every few months, so I have the flexibility to signup in months I will need Castr, and then cancel when I don't need it. And all my settings stay when I signup again.

During pandemic, we had to quickly transition our on onsite mosque programs to online only. Previously we would record and upload certain programs to YouTube, but now we would be hosting via Zoom, and we wanted to reach our audience on YouTube and Facebook live as well. There are many tools on the market, but we found Castr to be easy to set up and priced similarly to others. Castr also allows you to stream to other major platforms such as Twitch and Vimeo and so many others we have not heard of. We have also liked the ability to upload videos and schedule a go live event. It drastically reduces the need to manage things separately on Facebook and YouTube.

YouTube integration was finicky in the beginning, and part of it was with how YouTube was making changes. We settled upon separate YouTube streaming keys for each of our event types, and configured them as as separate streams in Castr. This also means we have to pre-schedule our streams in YouTube and associate with the correct. However, we have worked that into our processes, and it isn't that much overhead. We've also had the occasional problem with Facebook where the stream starts twice, and and we end up with 2 events (a 2 minute start of the event, and then a separate one with the rest).

letztes Jahr

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, and your right some social media sites change the policies too quickly with less information. Our team is constantly working to always deliver the best possible solution.

Alan H.
Technical Ministry in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Castr for streaming Worship Services

Kommentare: With Castr we are able to steam Worship Services consistently to Facebook and YouTube without difficulties. Castr provides the streaming capability and we just need to send the video feed to Castr. Being in Hawaii it can be difficult finding a good streaming server. However we have had no problems with the Castr LA server.

Castr is easy to setup multiple streams. We use OBS as are method to stream and it is nice to be able to start the stream and connect to Castr before we stream to social media.

At this moment we have had no problems with Castr. Any problems we have had has been due to our Internet connection or the social media sites themselves. Castr has been solid. It has many features that other sites charge a lot more money to provide.

letztes Jahr

Dear Horner, Thank you so much for such wonderful positive feedback, your simple words mean a lot to us.

Janny G.
Director of Business Affairs in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Using monthly for our Jazz Jam streams!

Kommentare: We have been using Castr with OBS for more than one year now; due to the pandemic, all our programs had to go online. Even after we come back to in-person programming, we will definitely rely on Castr as our multi-streaming service. We tried with several others, but none were as reliable as Castr.

The interface is very user friendly, and there are a ton of channels that I can set up. Controls are easy to understand, you don't need too much information to set up a channel. I have been working with three different Facebook channels, and two YouTube on the same stream and I have had no issues with lag. Also, the price is very affordable.

I wonder if there is a way to integrate Instagram. I know it's not a very friendly platform for multistreamers, but I just wonder...

letztes Jahr

Dear Gonzalez, Thank you for the wonderful support and for the positive feedback. Your words encourage us to work harder and smarter.

Timothy B.
Timothy B.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Reliable Multistreaming for a great price.

Kommentare: Tech support has helped me whenever I’m stuck and it has performed rock solidly ever since I started using it. It does things other providers don’t even seem to offer — like a truly infinite infinite loop — too.

I really appreciate Castr’s reliability, its feature set (infinite loops are really useful!) and it’s low cost. Having highly responsive, helpful support is also a huge plus. Recent upgrades to reduce latency down to 5-10s is incredibly impressive, too.

Some features, like infinite loops, I only need part of the time. I wish it were possible to easily purchase certain features for just a month or two on top of one’s regular annual plan for the basic package. I’d also love to see hosted video streaming that isn’t quite so expensive — the multistreaming function is the best value I’ve seen, but the hosted video streaming is more than services such as Vimeo.

letztes Jahr

Hey Butler, Thank you for the wonderful positive feedback, your feedback means a lot to us.

Fredy P.
INTERNATIONAL SPEAKER in Kolumbien
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

CASTE IS TO MAKE OUR WORK SIMPLE AND GOOD

Kommentare: We resolve the multistreaming public conferences without LOGOS and PUBLICITY of the multistreaming service provider to a low price.

We are make broadcasting to social networks (You Tube and Facebook live). We work as follow: I am in Colombia and take remote control of the video production swicth in California, USA. We use OBS, and select the most near server in CA. Simply, it's very fast and the connection is excelent. In another situations, when [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] trave to South América (as in Chile) we use Castr.io as efficient as in USA.

One time broadcasting from Chile, we had problems with USA/CA server losting a lot of frames, and inmediately use an emergency site in Sao Paulo, BR, but affecting the socials network broadcasting for fifteen minutes (long tiem for us). We searche for help reporting post-troubleshooting, but the answer to understand, arrived so later. :-( I think that if we can have a backup server with automatic failover jump, we could avoid those embarrashed situations.

letztes Jahr

Dear Fredy, Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to review us with such wonderful positive feedback. It means a lot to us. We currently have backup ingest for all our All in One plan, we will soon see what can be done for social media streaming. Thanks again

Theresa G.
Technology Director in USA

Great value for multi streaming, AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE/SUPPORT

Kommentare: Amazing experiences, high quality customer service reps.

From the first time we used Castr.io the program has done exactly what we needed for a very very reasonable price. Love the price and even better than cost is customer support. EVERYTIME we have had a question, they have replied nearly instantaneously no matter what time it was!!!!

This software does exactly what we need, there really are no least likes.

vor 10 Monaten

Dear Theresa, Thank you for taking your valuable time for sharing your wonderful feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. Happy Streaming :)

Darrell A.

Simply Put "The Best"

Kommentare: Overall as soon as I found out about Castr I started the free trial and before it was over we signed up

It is so easy to set up and use, with very little knowledge about streaming you can be online with your event or weekly services. And it is super easy to train others on who have little to no understanding about live streams.

It would be nice if it had a setup for Instagram

letztes Jahr

Dear Alexander, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we also wish Instagram allows RTMP ingest soon. We shall keep you informed if they open up. Thanks

Stephen C.
Content creator in UK
Medienproduktion, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Castr Review

Kommentare: Overall Castr has been excellent and in the few issues I have experienced, customer service has sorted things out very quickly.
I have never had my stream cut out. It offers Pull URL at no extra cost on my package which is much cheaper than other similar services.

Very large range of services to stream to not just the usual Facebook and Youtube. Excellent stream quality Relatively low latency Recording of streams Pull URL functionality

Castr needs to have more data information. During and post streaming we need to see broadcast stats

Antwort von Castr

Hey Stephan, Thanks for the fantastic feedback, your cons mean a lot to us. We are continually developing, and for sure, we can try to get your requirements in phase very soon. Thanks for your valuable support and relationship with us.

Charles S.
Senior Pastor in USA

Best Value and Customer Service

Kommentare: We had a specialized schedule and budget for Dedicated Live Streaming and the Castr Staff went out of their way to really listen and customize a solution for us that met all of our goals and constraints. The Software and Streaming Service is ROCK SOLID and when you combine that with the truly best customer service and pricing, it is the Best Decision we could make.

Very easy to setup and operate. No experience needed. It walks you through each step and then remembers everything you set so the next time you log in it is ready with one click. Great stats. Great plug ends. The Best Customer service. It is Rock Solid and never crashes.

It is clear that the Castr product development team not only has a lot of experience but listens to what people need and then writes it into the software. I use it every week and I can not find a con. It is so refined and user friendly.

Antwort von Castr

Hey Charles, Thanks for the fantastic feedback, your words encourage us to work harder and develop new technologies more confidently. Thanks for your valuable support.

Alex B.
Mídia director in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

We love castr

Kommentare: Excellently Experience. They should make easy to customers to understand what is castr. Many of my friends they don’t understand the ideia till I need to explain all.

Simple interface to Connect all the streams.

Wish was more then one custom url to add on the low price.

vor 6 Monaten

Dear Alex, Thank you for taking your valuable time for sharing your wonderful feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. Happy Streaming :)

Kenny M.
Tech Team Lead in UK
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Good quality re-streaming service, with excellent customer support

Kommentare: We originally used a different re-streaming service, which was more expensive. But when we realised that they branded their name into our video comments, it made that service untenable for us. I looked around and found Castr - it was 100% compatile with our streaming setup, better value for money, and is super easy to setup and use.

Castr is easy to setup and use, and has proven to be very reliable.

There's not much I don't like. If I had to chose, I'd say I would like to see more analytics. But that's just being picky!

letztes Jahr

Hey Millar, Thank you so much for such kind words and for supporting us all the way. Your words give us the boost we need to come out with more innovative ideas.

Timothy H.
Live Streamer in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

A solid product

Kommentare: Castr has made it very easy to stream to both Mixer and Twitch at the same time. By pulling my Mixer feed, it simplifies my Twitch stream output.

Ease of use and UI were pretty superior to other products (namely restream)

I wish it had fully combined chats, and a chat bot would be ideal (cross-platform but one central UI for commands, timers, etc)

Antwort von Castr

Hey Timothy, Happy to read your wonderful feedback, I have taken note of your comments and I assure you that we will soon be out with a new chat module. Happy Streaming :)

Mauricio J.
IT director in Brasilien
Rundfunkmedien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great service!

Kommentare: We user Castr to deliver our content 24/7 to different platforms, it makes our workflow much simpler, we save internet bandwidth and hardware stress

We use this service daily and this is already part of our workflow! It offers a clever alternative to slow internet connection when one need to stream to various channels and is very easy to use.

As it is part of our workflow any instability in the service have an impact in our multi transmissions

Antwort von Castr

Hey Mauricio, Thank you for such a fantastic review, your comments mean a lot to us. Happy Streaming :)