Über Castr

Castr ist eine Self-Service-Live-Video-Streaming-Plattform, die Multi-Streaming, IP-Kamera-Streams und VOD-Hosting bietet. Unterstützt von Akamai.

Erfahre mehr über Castr

Super easy to operate and integrates well with streaming service.

It’s always confusing to distinguish the products by their names.

Bewertungen zu Castr

Castr hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 423 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Castr bereits verwendet?

Pat
Pastor
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Does what we need it to

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar

letzten Monat

Dear Pat, Thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. Happy Streaming :)

Producer/Engineer in USA
Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Long time user, very happy

Kommentare: At first we used it for multi-streaming to try to grow our audience by pushing to various services and it worked great for that. Now we use it as a relay. It seems to reduce our latency to Twitch and it allows us to do some checks before the show goes live.

It was a little less expensive than the competition, which is why we chose it. Over time, we've found it very useful. Even just things like checking the audio video sync before going live... it's a huge advantage to have a service like this.

Sometimes it logs me out in the middle of a session. This is just an annoyance, it's not a huge deal but logging back in to start the stream can be a little annoying.

letztes Jahr

Dear David, Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your fantastic feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. We are working on many improvements, so stay tuned for new updates. Happy Streaming :)

Eugene
General Manager in USA
Onlinemedien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Castr is so good, i want to model it and promote it

Kommentare: Ever since Castr launched, it represents my generation of learners and participants in live broadcast business. I only encourage and support it. i may not have needed Castr, but i have learned to utilized it for the very convenience of it.

I love how Castr team is practical and they are working from personal experience perspective. They are always trying to accomodate market changes.

I had to have several accounts to pile on same services that could have been done in one. Castr should allow all you can eat plans that allow as many tiers and options as possible and available. Just a suggestion.

letztes Jahr

Dear Eugene, Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your fantastic feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. We are working on many improvements, so stay tuned for new updates. Happy Streaming :)

Charles
GENERAL MANAGER in Dominikanische Republik
Rundfunkmedien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

CASTR IO THE BEST WAY TO DO MULTI STREA

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: IS THE EASY WAY TO DO LIVESTREMING TO MULTIPKE DESTINATION HAVING ALL OF THE CONRTOL AT YOUR HANDS

HOW CAN IHAVE MULTIPLE INJEST AND MULTIPLE DESTINATION

NOW I DO NOT HAVE ANY CONCERN ABOUT THE PLATFORM

Adam
Technical Director in USA

Castr Is Great for Simplifying the Livestream Workflow

Kommentare: Castr has been great. It feels a little "cheep" or "unrefined" in some areas. I'll get error messages that I shouldn't have gotten which are fixed with a simple page refresh. But for simply streaming, it's a great bang for the buck.

Castr has been incredible for simplifying our workflow. It is invaluable being able to stream to one provider and then let Castr send the stream to our different social channels and websites.

The pre-recorded stream feature in Castr needs a lot of work. It often looks like it's set up correctly but when it comes time for the stream to start, the file simply doesn't play.I also don't like how when you add the chat embed, or the playlist embed it changes the overall window size. Playlist embed should still be 16x9 ratio with the playlist as a popover. Like how YouTube's playlist embed works. This alone has made it so we don't embed VOD folders from Castr.

letztes Jahr

Hi Adam, Thank you for the honest feedback. We are constantly working towards offering more features shortly. Stay Tuned, happy streaming :)

Margaret
President in USA
Öl & Energie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

User friendly and extremely easy to use.

Kommentare: Industrious and dependable. The most user-friendly and easy to use software.

Castr has been a trustworthy software to me for long. I started using it for personal work. I like live streaming and Castr gave the best which made my leisure time enjoyable. Castr has now impacted on my work life with quality and essential host and scheduling Services. It is fast and reliable. Castr will bring the change you want both in personal and professional life in terms of streaming matters. Try it.

No no no. Castr is perfect. I like everything about it.

vor 3 Monaten

Hi Margaret, Thank you for the excellent feedback. We are constantly working towards offering more features shortly.

Mehdi
Réalistateur de live in Frankreich
Rundfunkmedien, Selbstständig

Cast is the best for church and livestream event

Kommentare: To offer my clients zoom conferences without the ZOOM logo during the live event and connect Castr with Atem min pro.
Save time in setting up multiple live feeds with ease.

The ability to launch multiple streams at the same time and on multiple platforms. The ability to schedule streams automatically in advance. A perfect integration with the ATEM MINI PRO and ATEM MINI EXREME video management systems. Constant quality of the stream over a long period of time (8 hours). Reactive customer service. And really affordable prices.

Be able to know the exact audio bitrate (128 or 256) or have a graphical overview of the video/audio bitrate Offer an affiliate account to get a return on investment for referral

Antwort von Castr

Hey Andre, Thanks for your such supporting words, we will soon be launching the affiliate program as requested and happy to have you onboard.

Timothy
Timothy
Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Reliable Multistreaming for a great price.

Kommentare: Tech support has helped me whenever I’m stuck and it has performed rock solidly ever since I started using it. It does things other providers don’t even seem to offer — like a truly infinite infinite loop — too.

I really appreciate Castr’s reliability, its feature set (infinite loops are really useful!) and it’s low cost. Having highly responsive, helpful support is also a huge plus. Recent upgrades to reduce latency down to 5-10s is incredibly impressive, too.

Some features, like infinite loops, I only need part of the time. I wish it were possible to easily purchase certain features for just a month or two on top of one’s regular annual plan for the basic package. I’d also love to see hosted video streaming that isn’t quite so expensive — the multistreaming function is the best value I’ve seen, but the hosted video streaming is more than services such as Vimeo.

Antwort von Castr

Hey Butler, Thank you for the wonderful positive feedback, your feedback means a lot to us.

Worship Pastor in USA

Solid Solution for Small to Mid-size Churches

Kommentare: Please with it so far. Don't have problems, so we'll stay on as long as it doesn't give us trouble or a reason to go with something else.

You can access is anywhere through the web. It's easy enough, and once set up rarely needs to be touched again for weekly usage.

It could be a bit more user intuitive in terms of walking someone through what certain functions do and what it's good for.

letztes Jahr

Dear Daniel, Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your fantastic feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. We are working on many improvements, so stay tuned for new updates. Happy Streaming :)

Abdul Kareem
IT Department head in Jordanien
Medienproduktion, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best 24/7 Streaming

Kommentare: fast support, good Quality
many free destinations

support SRT Backup Ingest Player Rewind.

Player Rewind should be more than one hours

vor 3 Monaten

Hi Abdul, Thank you for the excellent feedback. We are constantly working towards offering more features shortly.

CEO in Bulgarien
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

For those of us doing Live events, Castr is an essential fail safe partner

The ability to have an uploaded pre-recorded video scheduled to stream live with just 3 mins notice is really useful for failsafe option. Internet gremlins can always get in the way during a live event, so I find this quick scheduling option to be really useful and the main reason I stuck to Castr and not their competition. They also offer 24 hour cloud recording & a mobile app which their competitors don't either. Cloud recording is another really useful failsafe in case your recordings locally didn't happen. Mobile app lets you use your mobile camera to stream which is really useful.

Shame that they only allow 1 uploaded video at a time seems rather stingy when 2 would be really useful and not lose them much business for small time streamers. They don't offer their Embed on website script as part of the lower packages which seems a shame when their competitors do and don't see why that would harm them to offer this in lower packages. Less than 3 mins schedulng would be even better!

Antwort von Castr

Hey Daniel, Thank you for your valuable time and wonderful feedback, just wanted to let you know that we will soon be out with a new module and UI. It would have the answer to all your problems :)

Alejandro
Producer in Kolumbien
Eventservice, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Reliave multicast streaming service

Kommentare: In my day-to-day work, I need to send live video feeds to several social media platforms simultaneously (more than 3 in some cases). With Castr I could do so in a very intuitive and reliable way.

With Castr was very easy to configure the destinations of the streaming. They have a lot of social media services preloaded to log in, or just use them with the streaming key

I want to use the SRT source connection, but in my trials, it doesn't work reliably (there were glitches in the video), so I have to use the RTMP protocol, despite the increase in latency.

letztes Jahr

Dear Alejandro, Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your fantastic feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. Happy Streaming :)

Shane
Producer & IT Support in Südafrika
Unterhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Castr Review

Kommentare: We are very happy thus far with the overall package and although there is an outstanding issue logged, we don't think the problem lies with Castr.

If you understand how streaming works and the technologies invloved, Castr is easy to implement and confugure.

Active monitoring of the stream would be nice. When i say monitoring i mean, monitoring the data packets, stream quality, any break in stream etc...

letztes Jahr

Dear Shane, Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your fantastic feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. We are working on many improvements, so stay tuned for new updates. Happy Streaming :)

Douglas
Bartender/Streamer in USA
Essen & Trinken, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

My experience with Castr the past 6 months.

Kommentare: I started a podcast about 10 months ago and before I did them live I would just record them and upload the video. Its hard to make it as any type of streamer these days, especially when you're new and have 0 viewers and get put at the bottom of the bunch. I wanted to reach as many people as possible, in the easiest way. I spent a lot of time watching videos on how to simulcast and whats the best soft ware to use. Most came with $50 + a month bill. Since I'm not currently making any money from producing content the price matters. Then I found caster. It had everything I was looking for, unlimited stream hours, stream on multiple platforms, (I personally stream on Twitch, Mixer, Youtube & Dlive). It made my life incredibly easier. In the first day I connected all my accounts and clicked the go live button, boom, that easy; and its only $15 a month. That's cheaper than my bar tab. I would recommend Castr's simulcast package to ANYONE who is just starting. Sometimes I get a few followers on mixer, then the next day its youtube or maybe twitch. I'm reaching as many people as I can at once and instead of just building up my stream following on one platform, I'm doing it on 4 at once. I could do even more if I wanted to. Overall Castr can't be beat for its simulcast service and price, I have had castr for over 6 months now and don't plan on canceling anytime soon.

-GREAT PRICE, way cheaper than most simulcast or re-stream services -Unlimited Stream hours -Direct download after stream is over -SUPER User friendly, linked my accounts and started streaming day one. -Integrated chat system is a huge plus

Over the past 6 months since I've been using it there has been a few hiccups. Some times when I start streaming, it will say my account is linked and connected but it wont be streaming on the platform. Example: I stream on youtube, twitch, mixer and Dlive. On the home screen it says my mixer account is connected and live, but when I visit my page on mixer it says I'm offline. I then have to try deleting and reconnecting my account to Castr or resetting my stream key, and even then it does not always work. I have only had this problem mainly with Mixer (youtube and twitch every now and then). That being said I'm not sure if this is a problem on Castr's end or Mixers. I have chatted with a worker about this issue and alls he had me do was the same steps I listed above. Deleted, re-link, try again. This option does not always work. Then the next day everything will magically work again. This is a very minor problem but can grow to be very irritating. Some other small cons I've noticed. The integrated chat seems to only link Youtube, Mixer and Twitch. Any smaller platforms don't detected. I use OBSLabs to live stream, and some of the apps don't work as they should. For example the viewer count extension where it shows the amount of viewers per platform only shows my viewers on twitch. Not the other 3 platforms I'am streaming on. Again, I'm not sure if that is a problem on OBSlabs end or Castr's.

Antwort von Castr

Hey Douglas, Happy to read such wonderful feedback from you, sorry to hear about the small hiccups, I will take personal attention to investigate this matter and resolve it asap if any found. Happy Streaming :)

Jacob
Associate Pastor of Worship & Youth in USA

Castr for Churches

In a world that is mostly dominated by the need to livestream a church service, there are a plethora of options available, now more than ever before. We needed something that offered great value for money, with the mandatory requirement of multi-site streaming capabilities. We use Castr each week to livestream to our church Facebook and YouTube pages, and it has been vital in providing a quality production output week in and week out for over 2 years for us.

This is less a criticism of Castr, and more of YouTube, one of our two streaming destinations. The integration to our YouTube livestreaming setup is less clean that Facebook. While you can have Castr autofill the details of your service, I have found it more convenient to edit those livestream details directly on YouTube's own website.

letztes Jahr

Dear Jacob, Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your fantastic feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. We are working on many improvements, so stay tuned for new updates. Happy Streaming :)

Andrew
Digital Ministry Lead in Jamaika
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Useful for expanding church audience

Kommentare: It has been pleasant. We manage a Facebook Page and a YouTube Page and have found Castr quite convenient in reaching both pages with ease. I would recommend for anyone who does not have as much bandwidth but would like to reach out to a wider audience.

One of the reasons Castr is well-used is its ease. It is easy to set up and forget. I appreciated that.

Though it is relatively cheap, I feel it could be slightly cheaper for a very basic user.

letztes Jahr

Dear Andrew, Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your fantastic feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. We are working on many improvements, so stay tuned for new updates. Happy Streaming :)

Gary
Owner in UK
Musik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

oldskool uk

Kommentare: Always been good

It's really easy to set up and use, plus the cost per month is perfect for us.

The time it takes to disconnect out facebook live stream.

letztes Jahr

Dear Gary Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your fantastic feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. Just to let you know that the delay in disconnection is to ensure for some users who face temporary internet issues while reconnecting :) Happy Streaming :)

Jakub
CTO in Video Department in Polen
Unterhaltung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Overall okay

Ease of use, web management and record of streams

I would like to have configured more destinations and choose it for my streams, now I have to reconfigure it daily

letztes Jahr

Dear Jakub, Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your fantastic feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. We are working on many improvements, so stay tuned for new updates. Happy Streaming :)

Eddie
Clergy in UK

Use of Castr in a Parish Setting

Kommentare: It is more about outreach than a special problem. This let's me reach more people on more platforms.

The free trial was important to me. I wanted to know what it would actually feel like before commitment to purchase

There was an issue with the streaming to Facebook. Having to toggle Facebook off and then on again each time. But one comment to support and they fixed that issues.

letztes Jahr

Dear Eddie, Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your fantastic feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. Happy Streaming :)

Osama
It support in Pakistan
Rundfunkmedien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good feature with reasonable price

Kommentare: Good so far

Low rate cdn services

We can't change email address a d some other options unless we ask support to do that on our behalf

Antwort von Castr

Hey Osama, Thanks for the wonderful feedback, I understand your issue but we have placed such limitation in order to prevent random users from misusing the trial services. I hope you can understand.

Nicholas
IT Administrator in Australien
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Works well within our production workflow

This software works very well within our church production workflow. The recordings, make it easy to go back and get it extracted segments for social media or other sites. We also rely on the recordings as our main backup for archival purposes. We also rely on the recordings as our main backup for archival purposes.

Haven’t disliked anything about the product.

Antwort von Castr

Dear Nicholas, Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your wonderful feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. Happy Streaming :)

Trevor
Rundfunkmedien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Castr.io punches above its weight

Kommentare: Overall, my company has saved hours of labor per show by utilizing Castr.io, as we can remove the need for multiple on-site encoders and use Castr.io to move video from remote sites to our studio reliably.

Castr.io provides many features and capabilites at a cost far more competitive than it's competition.

Pricing models at the time of our use encouraged us to create multiple accounts instead of upgrading our plan to a larger tier.

letztes Jahr

Dear Trevor, Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your fantastic feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. Happy Streaming :)

Julien
IT manager in Frankreich
Rundfunkmedien, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Letsee review

Kommentare: Nice, it's very usefull to us. We have chosen Castr because it offers SRT streaming with multi audio streams support

SRT streamingMulti audio streams with SRTPull and Push sources for both SRT and RTMP

Castr is laking a feature that would be very usefull for us : restreaming (RTMP relay) because when we push (or our client pull) from Europe to Asia, the stream is jerky sometimes.There's also a feature that is not fonctionnal on my side : source stream analytics (input health), I see nothing when the source is online.

letztes Jahr

Dear Julien, Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your fantastic feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. We have read your feedback and would suggest you reach out to our live support and we will check and resolve it for you. Happy Streaming :)

Greg
Digital Minister in USA

Make Your Church Livestream Easily Available

Kommentare: COVID pushed us, like many churches, into livestreaming. We jumped in with a simple setup, but soon realized it was here to stay and wanted to expand our availability to various platforms. Castr was our answer. It was a simply interface that worked well. Our livestream setup has expanded and Castr has kept up.

We were looking for a way to get our livestream on multiple platforms and Castr does this easily and inexpensively. It also works easily with OBS which we use to run our livestream.

I would like to have better integration with our website, but I believe that's available on a more expensive plan that we are on.

letztes Jahr

Dear Greg, Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your fantastic feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. We are working on many improvements, so stay tuned for new updates. Happy Streaming :)

Richard
Owner in UK
Rundfunkmedien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product and extremely good value for money.

Kommentare: We are very pleased with the overall experience of Castr, it has been easy to set up and use within our business, even for those that are not really technically minded, not that you have to be technically minded to use it ! Very happy with it and would highly recommend to anyone who needed a multiple stream software option.

It is very easy to set up and deploy this software. Linking Social accounts was easy with Castr and it worked straight away. The new Desktop App makes it even easier to deploy.

At this moment in time we don't have any Cons about this product to be honest, its just works !

Antwort von Castr

Dear Richard, Thank you for taking your valuable time for sharing your wonderful feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. Happy Streaming :)

Demetris
Senior Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Helping Ministries Have a Greater Reach!

Castr allows our ministry to live stream to multiple platforms, increasing our ability to reach parishoners exactly where they are. I love the software, the ease of use. We're grateful for such software that allows us to perform ministry across the world.

I don't have any major pain points regarding Castr. It's one of the best software procurements that my ministry has made.

letztes Jahr

Hi Demetris, Thank you for the excellent feedback. We are constantly working towards offering more features shortly. Stay Tuned, happy streaming :)