GitGuardian Erfahrungen

Über GitGuardian

GitGuardian is helping developers and security teams secure software development with automated secrets detection & remediation.

Erfahre mehr über GitGuardian

Unclear how to remove webhooks from my repositories.

Bewertungen zu GitGuardian

GitGuardian hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 23 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du GitGuardian bereits verwendet?

Full-Stack Software Engineer in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

GitGuardian Repository Scanning: An Essential Tool

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Our primary goal is to ensure secrets aren't accidentally exposed in our repositories, and it's the perfect tool for that!

GitGuardian is so easy to setup and use. I love how simple it is to analyze your repositories on GitHub and be warned if commits contain secrets.

The "free" Team pricing requires a manual support process, but it's not that big of a deal.

Fabio
Infrastructure Manager in UK
Unterhaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Fit to purpose to our needs / Very little I need to admin

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: GitGuardian is now actively included in our core CI/CD pipeline. Setup was very easy and, and the time I need now to admin it is close to zero. After the initial adoption, "avoiding secrets in first instance" is now part of our standard practice. I would say GitGuardian is now our insurance that secrets are not disclosed inadvertently.

Easy to install. I mean, very easy! I have followed the "Quick-Start" guide, it took me about 30 mins. and when I read "Start Remediating" I thought it was the time to figure out how to adapt to our own environment and I have spent a couple of hours to set-up a manual/parallel integration that was totally unnecessary. I like the remediation flow: no emails back and forth, it simplifies the communication and the resolution of incidents across users. I can easily narrow the scope to what is critical to us, this has reduced the remediation effort to specific and relevant incidents. Automatic notifications: as an admin, I do not need to investigate every and each incident. GitHub Integration: secrets within code are automaticall detected and merge is blocked.

So many ways to integrate, it might be a plus for others, it was confusing to me. in my case I was not clear if I needed a "VCS/GitHub" or "CI/CD GitHub Actions" integration. Pricing plan for small business is not fully clear and requires to "contact sales".

Cyber security engineer in UK

Easy to use for GitHub, not so easy for ADO.

Very easy to setup, simply a few clicks and you're done. Quickly alerts in near real time.

No support for integrating with ADO, which is frustrating because we've had to purchase another tool for this.

vor 9 Monaten

Hi Chris, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using GitGuardian. I am happy to learn our product is helping you keep your GitHub repositories secrets free. I also hear you and understand you had a difficult time using GitGuardian with Azure DevOps. While we don't offer a native integration for Azure Repos, the cloud-hosted solution for private Git repos, we do offer a native integration for Azure Pipelines to keep your CI pipelines secrets-free. I would like to offer you a dedicated 1:1 call to walk you through the setup, please drop me an email at ziad.ghalleb@gitguardian.com if you are interested. In addition, we can discuss your needs in terms of secrets scanning capabilities for Azure Repos and see how we can fit these in our 2022 roadmap. Thank you, Ziad

Torgny
Lead Software Engineer in USA

GitGuardian integrates in a snap!

Kommentare: We are using GitGuardian to prevent secrets from leaking into repositories both public and private. So far our experience has been excellent. We actually leaked a private SSH key and got a notification from GitGuardian almost immediately. We were able to revoke the key and remediate the blunder.

Integration was a snap. We're already using pre-commit for most of our repos so hooking GitGuardian into the process was simple. Since we also already use GitHub, we found integration to be extremely easy.

We had no issues integrating GitGuardian and have not found any cons, yet.

vor 10 Monaten

Thank you for sharing your experience Torgny! It's great to see teams lay great store by Shift Left and use GitGuardian at the pre-commit level.

Phani
Graphics programmer in USA
Computerspiele, Selbstständig

Git the getter

Kommentare: Very satisfied

The ease of use and ui and features makes me use git guardian daily

Bugs an atuff can make it harder to use sometimes

letztes Jahr

Thank you for sharing your experience with GitGuardian Phani. You can help us improve by telling us what went wrong. Please send an email to ziad [dot] ghalleb [at] gitguardian [dot] com detailing the bugs you have encountered and we will be happy to investigate.

Master`s degree student in Mexiko
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

GitGuardian the best to maintain a security of the repos in git

Kommentare: It has been great I trust it and the securities of my repos

It is pretty important to maintain the security of repos. I did not even aware of these until gitGuardian took place in my development.

I think a more friendly user interface is required to the dashboard of gitGuardian

letztes Jahr

Thank you for sharing your experience using GitGuardian! If you have any thoughts or ideas on what could make the User Interface friendlier for you, please drop us an email at: ziad [dot] ghalleb [at] gitguardian [dot] com.

Matt
Student in Australien
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Great product

Kommentare: Very positive, I'll be using it going forward and recommending it

GitGuardian has already saved my MySQL database and NewRelic accounts, the early alerts are fantastic.

Nothing really, the alerts are timely and informative, will use it on all my repos.

vor 10 Monaten

Thank you for taking the time to review GitGuardian Matt. We're happy to learn we're protecting critical components such as your database! If you have any feature requests or feedback, drop us an email at contact [at] gitguardian [dot] com.

Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Feel confident that your developers arn't commiting secrets.

Kommentare: Very positive, I feel more confident now that secrets wont be in git long if they are committed at all. I can trust if I haven't gotten an alert that there are no secrets.

I like the timely notifications when there is an alert, and the triage for dealing with them are quick and easily understood by users.

Integration with github more to create issues and pull requests to remove secrets would be nice.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for sharing your experience using GitGuardian! A greater in-VCS experience is definitely one of the goals we aim towards at GitGuardian. If you want to help us shape the future of this, please drop us an email at: ziad [dot] ghalleb [at] gitguardian [dot] com.

CTO in USA
Immobilien, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

A+ for GitGuardian

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Very happy customer of GitGuardian and use their scans to inform how we manage secrets.

Love that the product makes it so easy to identify when secrets have been checked into the code! Coupled with the low price point, this is a HUGE win for our team + code base.

The UI is a little tricky to navigate because there's so much information presented. For example, it's hard for me to figure out how to exclude certain repos from their scans.

Aman
Aman
Intern in Indien
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

GitGuradian Helps me find the Repos.

Kommentare: I like GitGuradian, although I frequently use it in a week

Finding a repo which is urgently needed to me It makes easy for me.

It is a little bit more expensive as compared.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for sharing your experience Aman! GitGuardian's Internal Repositories Monitoring product is free for Open Source projects, self-employed developers and teams of 25 developers or less.

Eren
Founder in Türkei

Easy to use and very useful

It is hard to keep track of your projects all the time and GitGuardian does that for you reliably.

Sometimes you may get spammed with unimportant notifications.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience Eren! GitGuardian's native integrations with the major VCS such as GitHub, GitLab and Bitbucket is what makes tracking all your projects in real-time possible. We're sorry to hear you are receiving many notifications. Have you tried changing the settings in the notifications center to help you focus on secret incidents only?

Akash
Software Developer in Indien
E-Learning, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

My Experience with GitGuardian

Kommentare: I like the experience so far, would love to use it more in the future

It is very important for developers those are not especially good at keeping those secrets safe.

More Friendlier UI, for easy management of things.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for sharing your experience Akash. If you would like to give us more detailed feedback on the UI, please send an email to ziad [dot] ghalleb [at] gitguardian [dot] com.

Deepak
Student in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Must use it

Kommentare: I have a habit of keeping file and secret together for simplicity, But many time have pushed those and key and username again and again. I have pushed almost for 7-8 times. Now days i do that mistake rarely but in earlier days I was struggle with this issue

Scans for secret is the best thing of this software

There is nothing more we can get from this software. Its absolutely perfect!!!!!... :)

vor 12 Monaten

Thank you for your review Deepak. We are happy GitGuardian is useful to you! Adopting good habits is hard, you can learn more about the best practices for secrets management here - https://bit.ly/3g2pXwS.

joel
CEO & Lead Developer in Kongo-Kinshasa

The platform at the height of our needs

Gitguardian is the response to our expectations, since he answered all our preoccupations, both in terms of monitoring and at risk alert

This platform is really perfect for our cost structure, and in terms of features that's all we needed

letztes Jahr

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience Joel!

Software Engineer in Kanada
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Essential tool for modern developers

Easy to configure and use. Notifies about leaked secrets and potential vulnerabilities in GitHub repos.

Would be nice to have suggested improvements automated for simple and common mistakes.

vor 11 Monaten

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with GitGuardian! We are working on providing more automation and detection at various levels of the development lifecycle, for developers to catch incidents earlier and remediate them faster. If you would like to help us shape future versions of the product, please write to contact [at] gitguardian [dot] com.

Shreyasi
Student in Indien

Really a Guardian ...

Kommentare: 5 stars

The product is easy to use and easily integrable. I love how it alerts me when I have secrets exposed.

I didn't explore much but I like everything till now ... :)

vor 9 Monaten

Hi, Shreyasi. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using GitGuardian. We're happy GitGuardian helps you keep secrets out of your code!

Abdisatar
software engineer in Kenia

Great Product

if you were to leak your smtp credentials or env variables accidentally you get notified immediately thus protecting you

They add a webhook in every repository with no clear way to removing all of them.Rest To Be Determined

vor 9 Monaten

Thank you for sharing your experience Abdisatar! If you want to remove a repository from the real-time monitoring perimeter, go to your workspace Settings > Integrations > VCS integrations and click on "Edit".

Jonathan
Web designer / developer in USA

Lifesaver for solo or small teams

Has kept me from pushing private keys to repos and alerted me when I have so I can quickly update. Must have for small teams or solo devs such as myself.

I don't have any cons, I don't use GitGuardian as much as a very dev heavy team might though.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for your review Jonathan. We're happy to know GitGuardian keeps your repositories secrets free!

Php web developer in Frankreich
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

A great tool to avoid securities issues

The real time notification system allowing to control the secrets leak instantly

At first I was concern about the data Gitguardian has access but I think they manage it pretty clear

letztes Jahr

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our goal is to help you get to your leaked secrets before anyone else does! As for your valid concern on data privacy, GitGuardian's APIs are stateless and do not store any of the documents you send through. We also offer an on-premises version of the Internal Repositories Monitoring for companies with strong privacy requirements.

Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Exactly as Expected

It's easy to use and documentation is concise and straightforward

Oftentimes can feel like it is used in niche cases but it more pertinent than expected

letztes Jahr

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using GitGuardian. Internal Repositories Monitoring scans your code repositories and alerts you in real-time, you never know!

Software Engineering Student in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Protector of all things Coded.

Kommentare: I'm new to GitGuardian and a CS student in college. That being said, I'm prone to accidentally commenting security keys in code and forgetting to delete them before commit. The GitGuardian tool has been assisting me in ensuring my recent project applications are not exposed and the easy integration is a big plus.

Git Secret Detection and Incident report.

None I can think of yet. But with time there will be additional features that can help ensure optimal security during development. Like some sort of integration in VS Code itself.

vor 12 Monaten

Thank you for taking the time to review GitGuardian John. We're happy to learn GitGuardian is protecting your university CS projects and hope it will be just as helpful when you start your career in software engineering!

Konstantin
Frontend Developer in Kanada

GitGuardian Review

It is very intuitive in set up and use of dashboards. Lots of documentation available and it feels like a very reliable tool

I didn't find it easy to contact a support line

Hakan
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Helpful for lazy people

It's very common to let Firebase keys leak so i like that it catches them

Unclear how to remove webhooks from my repositories

letztes Jahr

Thank you for sharing your experience Hakan. If you need any help configuring your custom webhooks, please send an email to: ziad [dot] ghalleb [at] gitguardian [dot] com.