4,7 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,7 /5

Über TaxDome

All-in-one software for tax preparers, accountants and bookkeepers. Run your practice from a single, integrated hub.

Erfahre mehr über TaxDome

Kimberliann C.
  • Bewertet am 4.9.2019

"One of the best client portals for the money!"

Kommentare: I personally love the portal and the TaxDome team! From Day 1, they hav been open to my feedback on upgrades. I feel the developers really listen and take the feedback to heart and try and improve on the product for their users benefit

Vorteile: The feature that sold me was the capability to lock a document to a bill. As a tax professional, being able to lock the completed tax return until paid was essential for me in Tax season ... I did not have to chase a client for payment, this feature encourages my collection efforts with very little effort on my part.

Nachteile: It advises of a new document upload but misses the capability to drill all the way to the client that uploaded from the dashboard but you do get email alerts from the client that uploaded.

von TaxDome an 8.10.2019

Thanks, Kimberliann! We have now added Inbox+, which solves the con you highlighted. Inbox+ is a feed of all of the activity in your company across all clients.

• Bewertet am 4.9.2019
Deva H.
Tax Advisor
  • Bewertet am 11.9.2020

"Making it easier for my firm to grow!"

Vorteile: I like that it encompasses so many different needs. I have been happy with my prior portal, e-signature software, CRM, etc... but it's so many different programs to manage! Now that I'm growing my business and want to train my first employee life will be so much easier with everything in one place. And I'm excited about that for my clients as well. VERY excited about the secure messaging. I was always horrified in the past when clients emailed me sensitive info like a new child's SSN.

Nachteile: I think there needs to be an engagement letter template where you can pull certain fields of client information into the engagement letter like how much you're charging them that year... their legal name and then their preferred name for the greeting, etc. Also, there should be a way to have them put credit card info into the e-signature/engagement letter. We've always done this in the past with Rightsignature so we can then charge the clients card once they sign the Engagement Letter and have input payment info.

• Bewertet am 11.9.2020
Caitlin B.
  • Bewertet am 17.11.2020

"So far so great!"

Kommentare: Love it!

Vorteile: So far I am absolutely LOVING the integrations in this software! We are working to be 100% remote and this is helping us move in the right direction while creating efficiencies. Previously with multiple platforms we had a lot of wasted time in saving stuff to desktop, uploading etc, being able to print right into client files is amazing, integrating client communication is fabulous and who doesn't love being able to lock down files until an invoice is paid!? I've been happy with the customer support so far and hear only great things from others who are using the software.

Nachteile: I think the only area that I currently see it lacking is an integration with various tax softwares to create an organizer that pulls from tax return information.

• Bewertet am 17.11.2020
David T.
Operations
  • Bewertet am 14.1.2020

"Great Potential"

Kommentare: The mass email system is great. The ability to have all the emails in one place for a specific tax client is excellent.

Vorteile: Probably one of the few CRM programs for Tax Professional. Potential to be a great CRM program. Still working through some of it's feature.

Nachteile: The Pipeline sections is not as easy as it should be. The signature part is good but needs the ability to single space and use other fonts. Would be nice to have an actual Tax Preparation program attached to this CRM

• Bewertet am 14.1.2020
Jamie B.
Owner|Accountant
  • Bewertet am 2.9.2020

"Trial to subscribe"

Kommentare: I watched the pre-recorded demo, attended the live demo - which was so great to be able to speak with voice (vs chat is an option) live with humans at the end of the demo! So helpful! Then speaking to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in tech support when I had more questions throughout the trial, especially questions that weren't answered on the site. I just subscribed and took advantage of the option to review for an additional free month to my account. At first I was hesitant about the cost, but once I realized all that was included and the money I won't need to spend next year (secure portal elsewhere), and to have the website hosting included - that brings the costs to very reasonable!! I'm hoping that doesn't change drastically once I'm all set up!

Vorteile: I really like that this seems to be an all-in-one product! I looked at many firm management products and TaxDome seems to have everything I was looking for plus several additional options that I never expected to be taken care of by a firm management software. Such as the website - I don't need a complex site right now. I'm super excited for this next tax season to have the portal and all client aspects in one spot! The KBA e-signature authorization is perfect too!

Nachteile: There is a pause when moving between screens. That gets frustrating. But I'm noticing that with more cloud-based software (QBO, Gusto). Some tasks seem cumbersome - there could be short cuts on the current screen to go back to enter another of the same, such as manual time entry. Once one is entered, to go back to enter more takes MANY clicks and screen waits.

• Bewertet am 2.9.2020
Rasheem B.
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 19.11.2020

"TaxDome - All-in-One"

Vorteile: This software has many features you need to run your tax office (or bookkeeping, other financial services, etc...). It handles your workflow process, automated emails, unlimited signatures (KBA as well), client portal, CRM, unlimited storage, email sync, QBO sync, etc... This allows you to reduce your tech stack and operate in efficiency. It allows you to be 100% virtual, which is becoming more important. Also, new features and updates seem to be coming out every week. That is exciting to know they are truly interested in developing an amazing product.

Nachteile: Although, it has features that cover every aspect that you need to run your operations, some of the features still need to be built out with a little more flexibility to truly automate your entire process. However, the customer service is very responsive, and they are open to hearing and implementing new ideas to make their software even better.

• Bewertet am 19.11.2020
Ben N.
  • Bewertet am 2.11.2020

"New User"

Kommentare: So far, so good. Did my online research and now that I've personally used, believe it is a solid product that I'm looking forward to using more.

Vorteile: I've liked the secure portal. I've added my logo, and with the optional client app, it just has a more professional feel than I had using Google Drive. The optional templates, such as the organizers that allow doc uploads directly from the questionnaire are a nice touch. Had to reach out to support once, and had a response via chat feature within 5 minutes. The price point was also very attractive, significantly cheaper than Canopy (also looked into). Also like that the price is all-inclusive, so don't feel like I'm getting nickel and dimed for extra clients, storage, etc.

Nachteile: I'd say the two biggest improvements I'd request are the ability to bill on a recurring basis (subscription model) and the ability to upload more video types (I use screen/audio recording tech to walk-thru client data, currently via Loom) to portal.

• Bewertet am 2.11.2020
Gary H.
Owner CPA Principal
  • Bewertet am 22.9.2020

"Tax Dome Review"

Kommentare: I have been using a fragmented system to try and coordinate document gathering, tax organizer distribution, engagement letter collection, and billing which has become been more and more frustrating every year.

Vorteile: The integration of several systems I was using to collect and disseminate information to clients.

Nachteile: the charge for e-signatures. Was hoping that it was part of the annual fee.

von TaxDome an 6.10.2020

Hi Gary! Thanks for the review.

E-signatures (what you would expect from DocuSign) are unlimited and fully included - there is no fee. KBA is available as an added option ($1) and KBA is ALWAYS a paid fee because an outside credit agency has to be paid. If you are ever not paying for KBA, it is not real KBA. Please see the article below on costs of KBA with various vendors

• Bewertet am 22.9.2020
James H.
Co-Owner
  • Bewertet am 24.10.2020

"Lots of Value and Efficiency!"

Kommentare: So far, so good. We can grasp a bigger vision with the tax practice management features this service offers. We have already tested on boarded some clients and they are pleased with the new functionality and efficiency.

Vorteile: We love the way it is customizable to our business needs. My favorite feature would have to be the many levels of automation that will allow my staff and I to work more productively and cohesive.

Nachteile: We currently do not have any cons. There is definitely some set up involved but to have the automation is worth it.

• Bewertet am 24.10.2020
Monique R.
  • Bewertet am 16.8.2020

"So Far It's Good Enough to Make Me Give Them My Money"

Vorteile: I like that it's very customizable, and it has what I was looking for: client portal, dms, and templates. I also really like how it's a work in progress. They have items that they are working on in response to user feedback.

Nachteile: I do wish that we could edit the pdfs. I asked about this at the webinar, and was told that they are working on this, so fingers crossed.

• Bewertet am 16.8.2020
Dane J.
  • Bewertet am 8.5.2020

"TaxDome is the Best Portal Software for Tax Firms"

Kommentare: Overall, I love TaxDome. I have used many tax accountant-specific client portals in the past and this is the one that definitely does it best. This is a great product and I absolutely must call out again that the developers and support team pay attention to every single firm and person that uses their product to constantly make the product better and better. I guarantee I will like this software more next year and more the year after. I feel this is something TaxDome does differently than other solutions and really prides themselves on, which they should. The client tax portal market is a crowded space, but TaxDome is legitimately creating a product that stands apart from the rest of the competition in one way or another. I was struggling to find a one-stop solution that allowed all parts of my tax preparation process to happen within one software, and TaxDome absolutely allows that to happen. (Please, TaxDome - do not sell your software to another company! This happened with another portal provider I was using and they stopped caring about developing new features, etc. I don't want to see that happen again!)

Vorteile: TaxDome does so many things correctly - but the biggest thing is listening to their firm owners. They have a private Facebook group and a feature request board, both where firm owners and users can request features that they'd like to see added to the software. If you have a problem or a question, they are quick to respond. They also pay attention to the little things - something like making well-formatted, eye-pleasing email notifications that go to my clients mean a lot to me. Their software attempts to be the one-stop solution for tax firms, allowing you to take your tax firm completely online and virtual. Their software is part CRM, part secure tax portal for your clients, and a whole lot more. Some features I love: web-form organizers (most tax accountants are stuck in the "print out this PDF and mail it back to me" era), billing directly through TaxDome (with no extra fees), electronic signatures, and pipelines to track where your client is in a process. For most of us preparing tax returns, the "pipeline" or process for every client is very similar, but repeated hundreds of times a tax season, and TaxDome seems to understand that.

Nachteile: I need to continuously tell myself that TaxDome is a young software company and the product grows every day, week, month, and year. A lot of times features I would really like to see are "coming soon" or "in development". While I commend the TaxDome staff for working hard to bring these extra features to the software (and without a price increase yet), some of the features I feel they should have had before they released it for use. One of the biggest is KBA electronic signatures, which are required by the IRS to allow clients to electronically sign tax returns (Form 8879). This is a must-have for U.S.-based tax accountants, especially those of us that operate virtually, and I couldn't believe TD did not offer this out of the gate (although I hear it is just days away from being added). Overall, I also feel the software, while trying to make things more automatic, manages to make things more manual in some respects. For example, with the "pipelines" feature - I cannot automatically assign my new clients to a pipeline (in development) or send them an organizer as soon as they register (again, in development). Some of the smallest things - like setting reminders/tasks on certain clients - generate a plethora of notifications that create way too much clicking and unnecessary steps just to shut off or mark as "done". I also wish they offered an option to subscribe monthly. $600/year is steep for a one-man show all at once.

• Bewertet am 8.5.2020
Kristin G.
Partner
  • Bewertet am 24.4.2020

"Saved Our Firm"

Kommentare: TaxDome has saved our firm. There is no way we would have survived tax season with out it. I highly recommend this product. It brings everything all into one place. Document storage, portal and work dashboard.

Vorteile: This is super easy to use and get set up. Our clients love the portal. We love how status updates can be automatically sent to the client to keep them in the loop of what stage their tax return is in. Customer service is amazing. If you have questions, there is a chat feature and they respond very quickly. Since this is a new product they are always adding new features. We like how there is a to do list & kanban view of tasks. We also love the messages feature where you can send direct messages to the client.

Nachteile: This is a new product so there are still a few features missing. They are working on adding e-signature for 8879's which would have been great to have during tax season. They are adding new features all the time so hopefully this will be available soon. It would be nice to be able to put notes on the face of the kanban cards so you can see them by just glancing at them and not having to open them up. There is no way of knowing if documents have already been downloaded. If a client uploads tax documents, there is no way to know if anyone else in the firm has already downloaded them or if new documents have been uploaded there is no way to distinguish them.

von TaxDome an 27.8.2020

Hi Kristin!

Thanks for the review. KBA is available for 8879s - https://help.taxdome.com/article/72-getting-signatures-for-your-documents#7

Check out the recent blog post on the release of Jobs, which will allow you to leave notes on a Job (card in a pipeline) - https://blog.taxdome.com/news/2020/08/13/jobs_redesign.html

• Bewertet am 24.4.2020
Luis R.
Accountant
  • Bewertet am 3.3.2020

"Awesome"

Kommentare: I have found a substantial decrease in time processing and managing the clients' tax returns

Vorteile: The most that I like is that all tools that I need to effectively manage my tax practice in on a single site

Nachteile: I have no concerns about the product, except for the fact that it doesn't allow to get independent signatures from married couples filing jointly

Thanks, Luis!
I'd like to inform you that we've released the ability to add multiple signers, so now you can get independent signatures from couples. For more information, please refer to our help: https://help.taxdome.com/article/72-getting-signatures-for-your-documents#6

• Bewertet am 3.3.2020
Nicholas R.
  • Bewertet am 6.2.2020

"Finally an all in one solution!"

Kommentare: TaxDome is a really great all in one solution for taxpractices. It looks good, its easy for clients to use, they have had nothing but good things to say about it. It needs e-signature improvements to truly replace docusign or signnow but it works well for most things. They added multiple features just during my trial period so I know more updates are coming.

Vorteile: I love that everything for managing clients, file sharing, gathering and requesting documents and the smart email inbox, is all in one place. I have been using a number of solutions that don't integrate thoroughly to achieve these things and finally i can have all these features in one place at a fair price. I am very happy with it. It does have shortcomings in some areas but they are constantly improving it and adding features. Support is also very responsive. They also have a really great email integration which collects files sent to your email and saves correspondence with clients in the client file, no more dragging and dropping correspondence from outlook into the client folders or saving attachments and dragging and dropping where to go. If the email is linked with a Taxdome client account it goes through your inbox and adds all client communications automatically.

Nachteile: There are some features that could be improved. Some of pipeline and workflow tools I haven't quite implemented. These could be improved with some sample templates that could be customized. Designing a workflow from scratch is difficult and I feel like i might be leaving things out, templates would give a baseline of common practices that would guide new users on how to take advantage of these features. Signature implementation could use some work, getting signatures from two spouses isnt well done, there should be an option for them to physically sign on their phone instead of using the signature font for the printed signature, and it has to have knowledge based e-signature (this would come at an additional cost to us users but it is required for certain document electronic signatures). I'm not concerned about these shortcomings because they are constantly adding updates and im sure improvements are on the way.

von TaxDome an 12.8.2020

Thanks, Nicholas!

We have added a template library to pipelines, so you no longer have to start from scratch.

We've also added KBA to e-signatures as an option.

Thank you for your feedback - more updates and improvements on the way!

• Bewertet am 6.2.2020
John A.
  • Bewertet am 8.1.2020

"Tax Dome Working Great"

Kommentare: I have realized the benefit of a CRM system related to tax preparation. In the workflow / pipeline process, knowing when clients dropped their stuff off or how long you have had their returns as been a huge improvement on efficiency on our end and the client receiving a faster return time. If tax dome updates the issues I listed about this is the best software for the price hands down.

Vorteile: I like the ease and functionally of tax dome the best. It is very user friend, a lot of my clients have been able to use it as well with very little questions on their end. I love the client portal aspect allowing clients to upload and download documents in a safe and secure manner. We use the signature function as well, not having to go out to a third part software has increased the return time and timing requesting the signatures. The customer service is great schedule a time to help on board or asking questions is very easy. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great!!!

Nachteile: The cons are are feel a few and far between and all things that I have been asking about and are supposed to be fixed or updated by the end of the month. For instance e-signature you have to send the document out two for a husband and wife to sign unlike other software you send it one to both email address. The notification may be a little too much but I guess I would rather know what is going on with all my clients than not and reminders to follow up on emails, or documents they have provided. Lastly moving the files from public (client view) to private (firm view) currently is not allowed so you have to delete the file and than upload again which takes additional time, but they assured me this was an update fix at the end of the month as well.

• Bewertet am 8.1.2020
Mike E.
CPA
  • Bewertet am 12.2.2020

"Taxdome Review"

Kommentare: Overall I was searching for something that could handle online organizers and got so much more. The organizer feature is easy to use and you can create custom organizers. Our clients love it too.

Vorteile: There are many features all in one program. The tax organizer is great and simple to use. Having a sign feature right in the same program keeps everything in one place

Nachteile: Cannot scan directly to the taxdome drive. Cannot create the yearly folders from within the taxdome drive which makes the workflow not as efficient as it could be.

Thanks, Mike!
I'd like to inform you that these features have been released. For more information please see our release notes: https://blog.taxdome.com/release-notes

• Bewertet am 12.2.2020
Caitlin L.
VP of Finance
  • Bewertet am 27.1.2020

"Everything I need in one place"

Kommentare: I have only been using TaxDome for a couple of months but am already noticing a change in the workflow. The setup is a bit difficult, as with any new software, but I am anticipating great things to come. So far I am enjoying the software and would recommend to any tax professionals.

Vorteile: I love the organization that this software brings to my firm. I can create tasks, assign tasks, communicate with clients, record billing amounts and track receivables, and keep track of what tasks are outstanding and to which staff member tasks are assigned to. This software allows me to keep a live and easily accessible audit trail of work to be completed, work in progress, and completed work so I no longer have to search individual client files for notes. This is the hub for all firm tasks and is a program my staff and I will use daily.

Nachteile: Some of the functions are difficult to navigate and time consuming to implement. There was also a little confusion upon set up of what I needed to do, specifically regarding the task/pipeline area. I also found the pipeline/task/tag area difficult to find as it is located under the settings tab which I would typically attribute to account settings and not task setup.

• Bewertet am 27.1.2020
Matthew M.
  • Bewertet am 8.2.2020

"Not sure how I lived without this"

Kommentare: Customer service has been amazing and very responsive. I can't wait to see the feature list grow even more.

Vorteile: My accounting practice is spread over 10 different platforms. Tax Dome helps me keep them all organized and makes sure I meet all my client deadlines.

Nachteile: That lack of KBA compliant signatures is the number one thing that needs to be changed, but I understand it is on the way.

Thank you, Matthew!

• Bewertet am 8.2.2020
Sara B.
  • Bewertet am 14.2.2020

"My Automated Assistant"

Kommentare: Overall, very good. Any issues I've had were easily resolved.

Vorteile: I picked TaxDome because it is specifically designed for the tax industry. It has a comprehensive approach compared to its competitors, yet it is simple to use. I really like the Tasks for work that repeats every month! I also have found the FAQ's for common questions with video illustrations very helpful. Customer service has been very responsive to any questions. I also appreciated the 30 day trial as it took me awhile to have time to test it out. I hope they are considering a Zapier integration.

Nachteile: There are some basic features (like being able to sort any column with a click, adjusting column width, hiding columns, expanding/wrapping task descriptions) that are not available to customize the experience. That being said, it's still very usable. I also think they should be a little more clear that, while e-signatures are compatible for an engagement letter, the 8879's are not and will cost extra in order to meet the more strict IRS requirements.

von TaxDome an 27.8.2020

Thank you, Sara!

A few updates!

1) I'd like to inform you that KBA (Knowledge-Based Authentication) is available. For more information about how to use it, please refer to this article: https://help.taxdome.com/article/72-getting-signatures-for-your-documents#7

2) Zapier integration has been released, as well - https://blog.taxdome.com/news/2020/08/21/zapier.html

• Bewertet am 14.2.2020
Anthony E.
  • Bewertet am 23.10.2020

"New Users"

Kommentare: I am still new to TaxDome, however, so far it is a breath of fresh air. The interface is modern and pleasing to look at and to navigate through.

Vorteile: The workflow, client portal, and esignature functionality are top notch.

Nachteile: I would like for the organizer to have the option to prompt for specific documents given the client's answers. The organizer should allow them to drag and drop the files directly in the organizer without having to maneuver to other windows. It would also be great if in addition to the organizer changes, that the portal could visually prompt clients for specific files. Instead of checkboxes for specific documents, having a drag and drop area with individual icons prompting for individual docs would facilitate more timely and efficient collection of docs (in the portal separate from the organizer idea). If W2s, 1098s, and driver's licenses are needed, I would like the client to see a drag and drop box that says "Drag and Drop W2s Here +" , "Drag and Drop 1098s Here +", and "Drag and Drop Driver's Licenses Here +". Lastly, it would be awesome if these uploaded files all went to a single client folder that we could prefix the file names with numbers so they appear in a certain order. This would allow us to easily combine the files into one PDF and have the pages ordered to facilitate efficient data entry for tax prep. I do not want to have a large file structure Client>Year>W2, Client>Year>1098, Client>Year>DL. It would function better as Client>Year>Supporting Docs....with the files renamed to "1_W2.pdf", "2_1098.pdf", "3_Drivers License.pdf".

• Bewertet am 23.10.2020
Desirae S.
Tax Preparer
  • Bewertet am 20.11.2020

"READY TO START GETTING MORE CLIENTS!"

Kommentare: I love that the pipeline(workflow) allows me to stay on track with my clients and it doesnt allow me to overlook anything i did not "dismiss" or forgot to mark as "complete".

Vorteile: I like that this software made it very easy for me to not only email, message, or create tasks in my business-IT HELPED ME CREATE A PLAN!

Nachteile: The only thing I do not like would be that im unable to add any "Shortcodes" that aren't "Account Name". I would like the option to add scheduled times to meet without having to go into the templates to edit each time, or i would like the option to edit the email BEFORE its sent. It sends directly to the client without any opportunity for you to view/edit it.

• Bewertet am 20.11.2020
Rich S.
  • Bewertet am 25.9.2020

"Intuit Practice Mgmt vs Canopy vs Tax Dome"

Kommentare: So far I love it.

Vorteile: Cloud-based! Mac Desktop Assistant! Super flexible client Organizers

Nachteile: I am just starting to work with it but the user interface could be better. Needs more use of icons and crisper font.

• Bewertet am 25.9.2020
Brittnie E.
  • Bewertet am 10.1.2020

"Finally found what I was looking for!"

Kommentare: OMG the email tasks seriously I don't have to search through my emails to find client stuff anymore, it makes me so happy I could cry. And yea I may be overreacting a bit, but the number of emails I receive is ridiculous, so this seriously makes my life so much better.

Vorteile: This software has the features I've been searching for for the past 3+ years. The customer support is amazing, responses are fast and if there is ever anything I'm looking for, if it's not available it's in the works!
Specifically, though I love that this app has the request feature that I can use for general communication with a client throughout tax season. Also the Emails as tasks. OMG, this makes my work life so much more streamlined!

Nachteile: There are still some features I would like to see, but as I already said these are in the works and I fully believe this company is hustling to get us, users, what we want!

• Bewertet am 10.1.2020
Michael F.
Certified Public Accountant
  • Bewertet am 16.11.2020

"Satisfied User"

Kommentare: So far we're loving the software. It does most of the things we've been looking for. I like paying one price no matter how many clients I have and also the unlimited portal space. Customer support has been very good about responding and helping with any situations that come up.

Vorteile: Great place to keep organized information about each client. It syncs with everyone's emails so I see exactly what was received and sent to each client. The portal is fantastic and easy to use. It even comes with a phone app that clients can use to easily access their documents, message us securely, and pay their bill. I like how I can also make notes in each client's files.

Nachteile: The QBO sync is basic and needs to be expanded. But, I'm not sure if that's because of limitations in QBO or if Taxdome just isn't coded for anything beyond a simple one line invoice and sync to only one revenue account. The timer is also basic. If you just need to do a quick timer with a description, then it's fine, but if you want to edit on the fly or continue a timer that you already finished it won't let you.

• Bewertet am 16.11.2020
Liz K.
Director of Accounting
  • Bewertet am 22.4.2020

"Best so far"

Kommentare: Pretty happy so far. I've tried a variety of products, this is the first that gets close to being an all in one. CRM, project manager and billing software.

Vorteile: Thorough features. I like the ability to set things to be triggered from the completion of a task. Like emails, or further tasks.

Nachteile: Wish we could process ACH within the system and send attractive proposals.
Email format is a little limited too.

• Bewertet am 22.4.2020