Visual Studio Code Erfahrungen

Über Visual Studio Code

Quellcode-Bearbeitungstool für MacOS, Windows und Linux.

Erfahre mehr über Visual Studio Code

Very easy for beginners to pick up and use. Great functionality overall and can't be beaten for the price.

Sometimes you need to install and customize your own plugins and you may get a little lost.

Bewertungen zu Visual Studio Code

Visual Studio Code hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 1.288 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Visual Studio Code bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (1.288)

Mando
Mando
Founder in Sambia

Best IDE out there

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: It's been nothing short of a revelation. I can now change multiple elements like variables by simply searching and replacing them in all files. this saves a lot of time.

brings all software development tools in one place. integrates and simplifies the code development stage. enables CI/CD with other tools like GitHub and Docker.

Can be overwhelming when looking for extensions. its only easy if you know what extension you are looking for

Principal Software Engineer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Emerging IDE that is mightier than the available one's

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Excellent editor that every developer must have as a trick under their sleeves

The heap of Extensions made available are the best part after the intuitiveness of the product. The capabilities of the product are not limited for the developers coming from any background. Editor is super intuitive with debugging controls, themes, key mapping makes it more powerful. This IDE is faster with larger code bases as it is efficient with background caches. It consumes relatively less memory comparatively. The support for multiple languages is a major plus alongisde the extensions available for every single language.

Environment settings are not good - using, remapping is often difficult. Side by side diff view must be improved. Terminal has ton of bugs and often do not perform as expected. Too many updates enforces many restarts - I often receive pop-ups and I end up doing many restarts and most of the time rebuilding cache eats away battery. Git integration must be improved although it offers all functionality. Intellisense sometimes disappoints with unrelated imports not being properly prioritized especially with snippets

Student in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Customer Service is Horrible.

2,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: For a while I had a great experience with VS Code until one of their updates messed up the terminal feature. I had an ever worsening experience as I went to report the bug and got zero help. Nothing they told me to do worked, not to mention they were extremely unconcise so I had to ask a lot of questions or just figure it out, and then advised me to uninstall features I didn't even have. Oh and proceeded to close the conversation without even waiting for a reply. Very unprofessional.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Its good for writing code and organization. Very good visibility and hub for features.

A massive blemish in this software would be its bugs. I currently am not able to use their terminal function in any fashion. No debugging no nothing. It will flash pull up and then terminate and shoot me an error. That's a pretty large mess up on their end more so because they won't solve it. I need to be able to use this terminal for my code otherwise vscode in entirety is useless to me. I can go to some other product that has other features that are way better.

Graduate Research Assistant in USA
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

One of the best IDE for Software Developers

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I am really satisfied with Visual Studio Code and most of the features I use are free. It's a great IDE for programming. From development to deployment with Azure, I can perform all the necessary steps of the software development life cycle.

Visual Studio Code supports all major programming languages, and there are a lot of open-source free plug-ins to customize the IDE for a specific purpose. It's also got a very minimalistic, nice and clean user interface. It's easier to develop and deploy software applications using this IDE.

Visual studio code is not limited to a specific language, hence it's difficult to manage plugins when I use it for multipurpose for different programming environments say python, or C++. Also as the majority of the plugins are open-source, sometimes unusual temporary bugs in a plugin can make your life hell.

Junior Software Engineer in Indien
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

The most versatile source-code editor

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: VS Code is my favorite code editor for web application and Python.

VS code is an open source source-code editor which means it is built for developers by developers. The app is very easy to use and supports many programming languages and frameworks with the help of extensions. The look and feel of the app is also highly customizable. VS Code is available on Windows, Linux and Mac and also easily accessible as a web application via any popular browser. The Live Share extension allows programmers to share the project with collaborators to edit and voice chat over the Internet in real-time. Other useful features include intelligent code completion, syntax highlighting, remote connection (also with WSL), code snippets and source control with embedded Git. Many programmers now use VS Code to code for Android using Flutter.

Some settings are not very easy to toggle. For some extensions also the settings are not so easy as they require configuration file changes which might be difficult for beginner users. Sometimes the name 'Visual Studio Code' confuses people with Microsoft's IDE 'Microsoft Visual Studio'.

ceo and owner in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Stable IDE

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I use the IDE with all BIM files, CAD rendering and with modelo integrations.

Going visual was a plus point, given I am an electrical engineer and love drawing circuits than defining them in code as graphs, going visual with visio and VSCode was a plus, and besides there is Github CoPilot now, that auto codes.

SOme extensions are missing and I need to code them and add them to the marketplace, one is Pega Infinity and another SAP, need more support for ERP.

Anik
Graduate Teaching Assistant in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

VS Code supports all programming languages and enrich with lots of plugins

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I used it for coding in Python and OpenDSS. I basically work on power system optimization where it helps me a lot as an efficient IDE to code easily.

To me VS Code is the most popular IDE and supports most of the programming languages. It helps by predicting codes and easy to use.

It is working well in windows PCs but not compatible with M1 macbook laptop. So it needs updated. Also to add additonal functions always need to add plugins which makes the software very much heavy and takes additional memory.

Willian Paulo
Willian Paulo
Salesforce Engineer in Brasilien
Telekommunikation, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Ideal IDE for Salesforce dev

Easy to integrate with Salesforce using sfdx and extensions, best tool for SF developers

Nothing, for now, it has everything I need to work

MD in UK

VS Code is a great free choice for software development

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: As a software development of over 35 years, I can highly recommend VS Code and it is my daily driver.

Fast and cross platform development editor for multiple languages. Built in GIT integration and GIT Co-pilot makes this a no-brainer choice.

Search interface could be more friendly.

Alexandru Cristian
Alexandru Cristian
QA Engineer in Rumänien
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Visual Studio Code is helpful for newbies as well

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: My overall experience it is a good one, using the app mostly for automation testing, where I was able to do everything that I needed.

I liked the most the fact that I am able to install different plugins that could make my life easier when writing code or editing text, and that I can customize the UI of the application with various themes.

I do not have any cons regarding the application.

Khush
Researcher in USA
Forschung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best code editor, HANDS DOWN.

Kommentare: It has been very good. Cannot ask for more.

VS Code has been the best code editor I have used thus far. It has amazing integrations (e.g., remote-ssh, github) and plugins that can help take your workflow to the next level. It is also light, and runs fast without consuming a lot of memory unlike some of the other options.

Starting with an overwhelming number of integrations to choose from can be a learning curve.

Achille
CEO in Italien

Almost perfect

Kommentare: VS Code make our tasks faster and now we don't need to switch between different applications.

As software development agency, we are always looking for simple, expandable, fast, updated development tools. For some years now we use Visual Studio Code and we love it: low resources (eg. RAM) required, the biggest eco-system of plugins available, frequently updated, all-in-one environment, support for all languages and scripts, and last but not least... "free".

There are, at this time, only two missing features that we'd like to receive in the next releases: 1. Multiple environment settings, so we can switch from different configurations (eg. selected plugins, editor settings, plugins settings, ...) based on what we're doing. This is because some plugins produce some conflicts and also some settings, so we need to turn on/off a lot of settings/plugins on the base of project we're working on. 2. Sharing preferences and last opened files, because now the software save last preferences and last opened files when you close the app but if you work using different workstation (eg. workstation and notebook), you need to reopen last edited files when you switch between devices.

Goran
Owner in Kroatien
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, Selbstständig

The single best lightweight IDE out there

Kommentare: I use it for frontend development. Ever since I started using it, I fell in love with it. It is easy to customize, has great options (colored brackets that just hit with the latest update are a life saver!) and is a treat to use. It makes coding a more enjoyable activity than it already is. It is great for beginners as well, as my wife has started coding and is finding her way around VSC with ease. I use it on a more professional level, and all the websites I made in last four years were built in VSC.

It is everything I need from an IDE. Fast, easy to use, simple to personalize, and efficient at what it does.

Sometimes, some settings can be hard to find, as there are so many, but functionally I have no gripe with VSC or any of its features.

Piotr
QA Automation Engineer in Irland

Great alternative for paid IDEs

Kommentare: To be honest, it is amazing alternative for all paid IDEs that are on the market. It contains almost everything that normal user need. If not it is always possible to enter plugin 'shop' and download missing functionality. Quite lightweight. Works fast and reliable. Unfortunately, windows has two installation versions: User Installer and System Installer, and there is no description on what are they representing on download page. I downloaded User Installer (cause it was first) and two times after ~two months, VSC just disappeared from my computer. I had to download it again, until I got mad and I searched why is that happening -> after downloading System Installer, everything runs smoothly - no more quiet disappearance. Maybe I just didn't know enough how installers work. Also VSC is not as powerful or advanced as market leading IDE company (with paid IDEs). However, normal software developer won't need anything more. Nevertheless, it is totally worth it despite some minor cons.

It is free. Easy to set up and use. A lot of plugins and functionalities - downloadable and adjustable as the user needs Intuitive. Lightweight.

Advanced git integration is not really native, it is done by an external plugin. Finding a plugin that you need may be exhausting. It can lag during a launch.

Paul
Software Developer in Australien

VS Code for All your text editing needs

Kommentare: From the moment I installed and started VS Code, it's been an incredible journey. At least once a month, I find another use for VS-Code through an extension or via a blog post on how to use it more efficiently. It's helped with coding/scripting and general text manipulation. Editing CSV files, aligning text columns, syntax highlighting for every language and file format you can think of. It's light weight and works on any computer/operating system. It's ideal for use on multiple computers. It just works and I've never had ANY issues or crashes with it.

Out of the box the editing features are fantastic, including regex find and replace and multi-select. Adding to this you can customise and extend VS Code with thousands of different extensions for all your text manipulation needs. Code prediction, syntax highlighting and so much more. The ability to sync all your settings to the cloud makes things easy when moving between machines.

There is absolutely nothing I dislike about the software. It's so customisable that you can make it work how you need it to.

Martin
Martin
Owner, Chief Developer in UK
Internet, Selbstständig

The #1 code editor available today.

Kommentare: Apart from the actual operating system, Visual Studio Code is the most-used software on my computer. It is consistently fast and once you get into the swing of it, easy to use. The keyboard shortcuts, cuts my development time drastically

It's a heavy weight product that's FREE! Seriously there is so much to Visual Studio Code that making it free to download and use makes it a no-brainer to use this software.

Occasional bugs, but they are almost always taken care of within a day or two.

Jhon Jaiver
Jhon Jaiver
Developer in Kolumbien

The best software for programming

Kommentare: Before it was not my favorite, but now I use it every day even to take my daily notes, it is without a doubt one of the best software creations of recent times

It is very complete, they have extensive integrations with different programming languages and it makes it easier for me to create my projects.

Before it was very heavy to install today it is very easy to install and that helps a lot, what I don't like so much are the constant software updates but this is because of the improvements and that's fine

Mohammad Azam
Technical Lead in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

The best code editor to code any popular language

Kommentare: Using it since last couple of years to write code for angular, .net core, nodejs and react, and i think this is best free open source code editor out there, though it has some limitations as compared to visual studio but thats not a stopping us to use this tool as its open source and VS is licensed and costly

Easy to use, write code, add different files , extensions and plugins and best thing is its open source.

Intellisense is not that much good as compare to visual studio and project structing as well.

Jo Ann
owner/web designer in USA
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

You Can't Beat it's Features or it's Price!

Kommentare: I love it, can't say it enough! I actually use it as the code editor with Bootstrap Studio. I assigned it as my default editor and now every time I work on a website in Bootstrap Studio, all code pages open in Visual Studio Code. Amazing how they can work together like that, but it's a great team of applications for sure!

At first it was that it was free so I could really check it out on my own schedule (sometimes 30 days ain't enough when I don't find time to use something. After using it a while I was amazed at all the features that saved so much time designing websites. Not having to visually match start and end tags was awesome as it shows you which goes with which. Tons of different themes to find the one that fits your style or visual needs. So many features and what isn't already there, someone has made an extension for so it's really well rounded.

Sometimes I have to work at getting an extension to function or function correctly. Keeping in mind of course that in most cases Microsoft didn't create them, there is still sometimes a learning curve with getting extensions working as you want them to.

Dandre
BI Devel in Südafrika
Anwaltskanzlei, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Fast, reliable coding IDE

Kommentare: This is my go to Coding IDE. Without a doubt I can say I have learned so much from different languages right out of the gate due to the suggestions and error definitions being given to me as i code.

VS Code is 100% Free, customizable and has a massive library of extensions to assist you with your projects and boost productivity . Your code is being checked for errors as you type and gives suggestions where possible. Sync your configuration across devices

Settings files is somewhat difficult to find. And for some reason on every computer (windows) I have installed VS Code, I had to add the Roaming Folder to the PATH environment.

Bhavik
Software Engineer in Indien
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

An Awesome Code Editor for any Platform

Kommentare: Our overall experience with Visual Studio Code has been really satisfactory. It has been an integral part of our software development process and helps a lot in improving productivity.

The thing we like the most about Visual Studio Code is the support for nearly every programming language. Also, the extensions ecosystem is really great. Also, it includes many important features like in built command line tools, inbuilt git and an extensive search functionality including support for regex.

There are not many issues with Visual Studio Code but one area that can be definitely improved is high memory and CPU consumption. Being an electron app, Visual Studio Code consumes very high memory and cpu.

Director, Internet Strategy in USA
Verlagswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

VS Code : the new kid on the block is not messing around

Kommentare: When I first heard about VS Code, from Microsoft, I was doubtful. I already had SublimeText fine-tuned to my exacting standards. But a colleague insisted, so I gave it a try. I've been thoroughly impressed. While I still have a soft place in my heart for Sublime Text 3, I must admit that VS Code is a worthy text editor. Perhaps because it copied so many of the things I love about ST3: multiple cursors, the jump-to-file bar, the huge network of plugins and extensions, radical customization, and lots of other features that help me to think less and program more.

Offers super easy transition from Sublime Text -- will even map your custom keyboard assignments. Multiple cursors (of course). Easy navigate directly to file (of course). Has a super robust community of plugins and extensions. Deep integration with Github built in. Highly customizable interface. Feels very, very fast. Runs on a JS engine, that's just flat-out cool. Docker extension allows you to edit files directly inside a running container??? That's insane!

The left-hand navbar gets a little cluttered with icons as you start adding extensions. In a couple of instances, I've got post-commit hooks that run and fail when I make the commit directly in VS Code. This seems to have something to do with the hook trying to run within the VSCode container, and not having the necessary plugins in order to do so. So I have to do my commits on the command line in the terminal for that codebase. Feels weird, not sure what's up with that. But might be an example of trying to pack TOO much stuff directly into the editor.

Rodrigo de
Director in Brasilien

Much more than a code editor

Kommentare: VS Code is the tool that I have needed for a long time. Fast, direct, and efficient.

It is light, fast, and gets the job done. Its modularity is great and configured with the proper extensions, and VS Code becomes a complete IDE for your project, independent of programming language.

It is somehow tricky to configure for the upcoming user properly. The number of extensions that perform the same tasks is significant, making it challenging to select the proper ones.

Fernando Manoel
Fernando Manoel
CEO in Brasilien
E-Learning, Selbstständig

IDE de programação

Kommentare: No geral minha experiência é muito positiva com VSCode. Crio muitas aplicações utilizando essa IDE

Excelente IDE para desenvolvimento em várias linguagens. Tem várias integrações com outros APPs e possui um grande variedade de bibliotecas que auxiliam na estruturação e construção do código fonte.

Ainda existem alguns ajustes a serem realizados para deixar a IDE mais leve ainda.

Holden
SDET in USA
Computerspiele, Selbstständig

The best code editor - A daily users review

Kommentare: Transitioning to Visual Studio Code from another code editor was easy. I came from using IDEA's IntelliJ so I was used to their keybinds. Believe it or not, Visual Studio Code has an extension called "Darcula IntelliJ Theme" and "IntelliJ IDEA Keybinds" extension which made the switch easy. I haven't looked back and recommended Visual Studio Code to all developers and software engineers.

As a daily user of Visual Studio Code, I really like the overall experience Visual Studio Code offers. I have worked using IDE's (Integrated development environment) for the past 12 years and have used a handful including Sublime Text, IntelliJ IDEA, Webstorm, and kept coming back to Visual Studio Code. Why? Because not only is it free, but the community support is incredible and there are Extensions you can add for anything you can think of. Want a dark mode? No problem. Want docker, python, or yaml support? No problem, there are extensions for that too. Visual Studio Code just works. It's simple, but can be expanded with Extensions making it unique and a very powerful editor.

The only drawback is out of the box (by default) there could be better code formatting and a variety of file extension support. Thankfully with the Visual Studio Code Extensions, this is not a major drawback as there are extensions you can quickly install to address this single con.