Über Visual Studio Code

Quellcode-Bearbeitungstool für MacOS, Windows und Linux.

Erfahre mehr über Visual Studio Code

Very easy for beginners to pick up and use. Great functionality overall and can't be beaten for the price.

Sometimes you need to install and customize your own plugins and you may get a little lost.

Bewertungen zu Visual Studio Code

Visual Studio Code hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4.8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 1.002 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (1.002)

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie Visual Studio Code bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Mark oliver R.
Mark oliver R.
Web Developer in Philippinen

Web Developers view on VS CODE

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall, this software is aboive any other for web developes.

1.) mutiple tabs can be opened and view mutiple page codes. 2.) integrated git 3.) integrated command prompts 4.) plugins available for all types of uses.

it can be confusing at first, might want to dumb it down a little for first time users.

Holden T.
SDET in USA
Computerspiele, Selbstständig

The best code editor - A daily users review

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Transitioning to Visual Studio Code from another code editor was easy. I came from using IDEA's IntelliJ so I was used to their keybinds. Believe it or not, Visual Studio Code has an extension called "Darcula IntelliJ Theme" and "IntelliJ IDEA Keybinds" extension which made the switch easy. I haven't looked back and recommended Visual Studio Code to all developers and software engineers.

As a daily user of Visual Studio Code, I really like the overall experience Visual Studio Code offers. I have worked using IDE's (Integrated development environment) for the past 12 years and have used a handful including Sublime Text, IntelliJ IDEA, Webstorm, and kept coming back to Visual Studio Code. Why? Because not only is it free, but the community support is incredible and there are Extensions you can add for anything you can think of. Want a dark mode? No problem. Want docker, python, or yaml support? No problem, there are extensions for that too. Visual Studio Code just works. It's simple, but can be expanded with Extensions making it unique and a very powerful editor.

The only drawback is out of the box (by default) there could be better code formatting and a variety of file extension support. Thankfully with the Visual Studio Code Extensions, this is not a major drawback as there are extensions you can quickly install to address this single con.

Robert D.
Robert D.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

VS Code Great for just Coding and Nothing Else

Kommentare: Basic coding and general development issues. Not my first IDE to turn to. Benefits: Fast and easy to use and quick loading time if you need something faster than standard VS IDE.

I like the simple layout is and easy to use interface. It does not take up that much memory and developers can perform most functions using code. I also like the ability to launch code from PowerShell or Command Prompt. Another thing I like is it allows for old-school coders to go to something with no frills or thrills. This is good for someone who doesn't want to add additional packages or features to a program.

Packages need to be installed via command prompt and ran through node.js to work within code. It takes too much time outside of developing. That is why I use standard Visual Studio because it is easier to add a NuGet Package from the VS interface than going through node.js.

Bibhuti P.
CTO in Nepal

Review from a daily user

Kommentare: Overall experience is super awesome. In my 8 years of web development journey, this is the only tool which doesn't have an alternative.

- If you are a web developer, it has everything you need. I never felt need for its alternative. - The code editor its build on top of, its cool. I myself use the same open source technology on many projects. So its kind of personal favourite for me. - You get extensions for almost everything. Plus being a developer you can build any extensive you need. - Whether I am on a Windows Pc or Ubuntu or Mac, I can get same experience. If it had cloud support for settings & config, that would be awesome.

- Its built on top on chrome, so it comes with its issues. I.e. slow, consume more memory etc. You can easily differentiate performance of vscode and sublime. - It should provide a cloud support for settings and user preferences. Whenever I switch machines or operating system, I have to migrate all the settings & configs. Simple user sign in and sync like in Google chrome would be nice.

Fullstack developer in Ecuador
Buchhaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

The text editor for all your needs

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall, I'm sticking with VSCode on the long run. I've used other text editors such as Notepad++ and Sublime Text, but VSCode is by far the best. It's UI is more polished, and is packed wih features in the form of extensions, which makes a very verstaile tool, no matter what programming language or framework you develop in.

- it's very easy to use, and is compatible with a wide variety of programming languages - it has a lot of plugins, rangin from linting, UI customization, and even DB clients. It's a very poweful text editor - it has a big community, which makes it easy to troubleshoot or find shortcuts to do things faster - it comes with a debugger included - it can be used in Windows and UNIX based systems - it lets you use the console from within the text editor

- it can take up a significant amount of computer resources - the source code control tab could be more intuitive - it takes some effort to customize the UI to your liking

Carlos hugo martin C.
Consultor in Peru

Experience with Visual Studio Code

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I work with languages like Python, GO, HTML, Java, Javascript, PHP.

The ease with which you can customize the tool, in addition to increasing its functions; allowing you to work with all kinds of formats and languages comfortably.

Sometimes it is not very clear because some plugins do not work as they should, having to use third-party tools to solve it.

Kawsar A.
Frontend React Developer in Bangladesch
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Complete package for a Web Developer.

5 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: I am very grateful to one of my friends who suggested me to use Visual Studio Code for my development. Previously I used a simple IDE that had many lackings, less extension support and less features. When I found Visual Studio Code, It was a great surprise for me as I got all the awesome features in one place. Especially the built in terminal is a good thing to have in the workspace. More customization, more extension support made it uncomparable. This software greatly supports me from the coding process to debugging process and saves a lot of time. I am totally satisfied with what I get from this software.
Thank you.

The main feature I like the most is the Extension support. As a web developer, I have to work with many technologies at the same place. The vast collection extensions make my coding process easy and time saving.

There are no major problem that I have faced with this software. In rare case, the app doesn't response for a minute or less. If this thing can be more stablized, it will be totally an awesome package.

Fullstack Developer in USA
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

The best coding tool.

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: In short, it is a powerful tool that allows you to adapt and connect it with an endless number of additional tools. Perfect for any development project and with integration of different tools such as databases, debuggers, loggers, among many others.

It is the lightest and most complete tool with which I have been able to work. It adjusts to any environment, code and work environment. Thanks to its multiple extensions we can have compatibility with endless possibilities.

Being a tool for light and everyday use, it lacks certain functionalities and stability than other tools. Such as fast file indexing.

Full Stack Engineer in Italien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

The definitive IDE for coding

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

There are plenty of softwares for coding, but VS Code is above all right now. Open source, full of extensions, weekly updated, lightweight, fast, any language support, intellisense and much much more. I use it everyday for coding as a full stack engineer and I would not change it for anything.

Lately it's becoming a bit burdensome, probabily for the amount of features it includes. It remains on the top though.

Fabio R.
Fabio R.
CEO in Italien

I switched from 'vim' for this gem

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I use VSCode every single day. It is the first software I open in the morning and the last one I close before leaving my office.
It is powerful and extensible and I am doing more things every day.
I also love the fast release development it has.

VSCode has everything a developer will ever need: it helps you to organize your work in projects, syntax highlight for almost everything, linters, integrated debuggers for many languages and platforms, it is extensible using plugins (and you can write your own) and it also ships with vim keybindings :-) At the beginning, I was reluctant on switching from my beloved 'vim' to VSCode, especially because it is a Microsoft product and I am a Linux user... but the software is Open Source, the community is really open and the software is so powerful I could not leave it behind.

Since it is based on Electron, it has some limitations of the platform it runs on. Especially when trying to open very big files, it may have problems (no problems like that using vim) Also, since the community is extremely large, sometimes your comments get ignored.

Rodrigo de R.
Director in Brasilien

Much more than a code editor

5 vor 2 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: VS Code is the tool that I have needed for a long time. Fast, direct, and efficient.

It is light, fast, and gets the job done. Its modularity is great and configured with the proper extensions, and VS Code becomes a complete IDE for your project, independent of programming language.

It is somehow tricky to configure for the upcoming user properly. The number of extensions that perform the same tasks is significant, making it challenging to select the proper ones.

Fernando manoel B.
Fernando manoel B.
CEO in Brasilien
E-Learning, Selbstständig

IDE de programação

5 vor 6 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: No geral minha experiência é muito positiva com VSCode. Crio muitas aplicações utilizando essa IDE

Excelente IDE para desenvolvimento em várias linguagens. Tem várias integrações com outros APPs e possui um grande variedade de bibliotecas que auxiliam na estruturação e construção do código fonte.

Ainda existem alguns ajustes a serem realizados para deixar a IDE mais leve ainda.

Abdus S.
Abdus S.
Web Developer in Pakistan

Best code editor in the wold till now

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I started coding in 2011, i used notepad first then notepad++ then tried atom and sublime editor but after that there was a gap, i remember even if i had static html files, or css files i used Microsoft Visual studio to edit them when there was no VSCode. When it came out i tried it and unlike others it became my only code editor, i even made it an IDE by adding many useful extensions to it. It actually makes you feel that you are a developer, it has all the features there, the command line makes it classic but its the fun. It has a vast community with thousands of free extensions out there out which you pick your useful ones. I will say its a complete code editor and if you are using Linux you don't need big IDE's as it will cover you up.
The updates are sometimes frequent but i will say its negligible thing to look for. VSCode is a need for every developer and it fulfills it in best way!

-Thousands of extensions. -Seamless installation of extensions without scratching your head. -Lot of free themes to choose from. -Control over every bit, you can automate stuff and you can configure almost any option and feature in it. -Large community continuously developing extensions and updating them. -Best UI in all code editors(i used till now) -Small size, lightweight and fast. -Easy way of adding new files etc, very interactive filters and search and replace. -You don't need to open properties and change file extension you just name it there from the editor when you create the file. -Side by side code windows is one of the lovely features too.

It sometimes opens up on monitor at weird places where you don't have access to it top navbar to move it to a better location, the top is out of the view, its definitely a small bug but it needs to be fixed. it should have a confirmation window on some important tasks like deleting a file, exiting code etc, i think it might have it but i have overlooked them in configuration but by default it should be set to positive.

Rodrigo R.
Owner in Brasilien

A strange tool

Kommentare: This is controversial, I know, but I honestly don't understand all the frenzy around VS code, as it's a simplified Visual Studio, heavier (proportionately to what it does) and less capable. We use it several times a week to do tasks that don't fit well in Visual Studio, without an expensive and complete plugin. For example for GO and PHP. In these situations, although we consider less efficient than JetBrains, but for the price the VS Code pays off for us. If we had to do something bigger, it would definitely not be our choice - due to productivity. But for trivial tasks it solves well. It is in the middle for us: big projects we do with VS, medium projects or with non-microsoft languages we use VS code, quick tasks and scripts or external files we use notepad++.

It is lighter and simpler than Visual Studio, so it can more easily solve tasks that are too small for VS. The fact that it's free is also great. The sheer amount of plugins is also very nice.

Many fragmented plugins (you need to download parts), many low quality plugins, many paid plugins with very expensive prices. The tool is a hybrid app so it doesn't have the same overall performance per screen as the official VS for windows. Project management is confusing and fragmented.

Software Engineer in Sri Lanka

Not your average text editor

Kommentare: I am mainly a web developer so even though I installed other IDEs to code in Java, most of the time I use VSCode. I've been using it since my very first days of programming and it is a very good text editor especially for novices. I found the plugins very helpful as I can be very picky when it comes to the appearance of my IDE. It has formatters as well which you could configure to autorun on every save which is very helpful to have readable code.

Even though VSCode is just a text editor thanks to its huge repository of extensions, it could be really powerful. It has a marketplace for all extensions that could be easily accessed and where you could find support for many languages. It is easily customizable and very user-friendly. What I liked most about it was that the user interface was very intuitive and the plugins made the application very easily customizable. I was able to use it for a large number of languages such as Python, Node, React, c++ and so on. I do not like using many different text editors or IDEs based on the project or language, so VSCode's ability to support many languages even if not natively but thanks to the plugins, came in handy. VSCode now supports live share where you could easily do things like pair programming within the application itself and would not require screen sharing from some meeting. In addition, it also now allows you to ssh into a remote server and access its files from VSCode which comes in very handy in deployment.

Even though I did use it for many different languages, I did have some trouble setting it up to use for SpringBoot and c++. Using it with C++ was mainly an issue with Windows and not VSCode itself. SpringBoot required many plugins and quite a bit of meddling with so I opted to go with a different IDE for Java-based projects. For bare bone coding that does not require much setup, VSCode is good but not so for things like SpringBoot.

Janrich C.
Student in Südafrika
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

VS Code: text and code editor supreme

Kommentare: Since I'm studying for a Computer Science degree, VS Code has helped me tremendously with my studies. It has eliminated the need to use multiple text editors or IDEs and provided a single, powerful editor from which I can code.

The huge abundance of extensions really provides users with what they need. You can keep it simple and vanilla or customize the way you use VS Code to suit your specific needs. The quality of these extensions is also great and installing them is as simple as clicking "Install". Sometimes VS Code is smart enough to recognize the programming language you're working with and intelligently provides a recommendation to install supporting extensions. Having version control via GitHub, already built into VS Code is also a super useful feature.

Changing settings can be a bit difficult. There is a Command Palate where you can search for settings to change, but I find the use of it a bit daunting and I can understand if newcomers also find this a difficult but necessary tool to learn.

Omar eduardo A.
Omar eduardo A.
SAP Developer in Mexiko
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Revolutionary IDE

Kommentare: I use Visual Studio Code in two different ways: as a teacher and as a software developer. I like using it at school because it is very easy to install and integrate. It can also be used across Windows, Mac and Linux; which is a great plus. For my personal projects, I like its seamless GitHub and Maven integration. It is also very customizable. Visual Studio Code is visually appealing and once you get used to it, you can be very productive. Its integrated Terminal support makes it easy to use and test multiple projects at the same time.

Visual Studio Code is a freeware, fully functional, source source-code editor. With its great plugin support, you can use it do develop in many programming languages: Python, Java, C#, SQL, etc. It supports a lot of enhancements and it is very configurable. You can make use of many predefined actions though its Command Palette, a functionality where you popup a search-bar style menu with many shortcuts. It is constantly updated with new features and bug fixes, and it is heavily supported by Microsoft. Another great feature is the plugin manager. The community can integrate new languages and tools, which makes this tool extremely customizable. Sometimes, when loading a source code file, Visual Studio Code automatically suggests plugins that you might want to install, which is very nice.

Some workflows are not very intuitive, and need to be executed using the Command Palette. If you are migrating from another IDE like Eclipse or NetBeans, this will take some time to get used to. For example, to create a Java project, you need to open the Command Palette and type "Java: Create Java Project". Other IDEs have integrated wizards that are easier to use.

Milton carlos K.
Computer technician and student in Computer Science in Brasilien
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Flexibility combined with performance.

Kommentare: Visual Studio Code is a code editor with many features and prepared for many languages. It also has an extension system that facilitates the development of plug-in kits for languages that do not yet exist, as well as snippets and IntelliSense with artificial intelligence to aid development.
It is great for working on projects with multiple languages, it is not necessary to open another IDE for a certain part of the project.

Easy-to-configure shortcut keys that enhance the user experience. Many extensions and stretches. Very fast and easy to use. Integrated with wsl2 windows, allowing use with docker. Beautiful and customizable themes, just edit a simple JSON. Synchronizes the configuration with your GitHub account, so that when you need to reinstall or install on another computer, you do not lose the current configuration.

Some extensions can cause problems, so it is good to check the information available about the repository, ranking, number of downloads. The excitement with extensions tends to be great, so it’s easy to install many that we don’t need. The more extensions we install, the more resources are consumed. Extensions that use artificial intelligence resources are still evolving, but tend to improve very quickly.

Sebastian B.
Sebastian B.
CEO in USA

VSC is now the de facto Python editor

Kommentare: VSC allows me to open a directory instead of a file, so I can have all files at glance and with different color codes according to changes related with the status in the repo. The first thing I do after opening the directory is to set up the conda environment (if not automatically detected) and then I know I am good to go, if I run the code from VSC I can see how the script is invoked using Conda so I can do it manually if needed (like from another screen).

Visual Studio Code behaves well with Conda environments. It search for installed environments and selects the right one most the times according to your code, when it fails to select the environment, you can manually select the correct one. If the env you need is not in the list of available envs, I have to look in Internet how to manually add an env because it is not so intuitive, but this is not a frequent occurrence. The fact that it integrates with both Conda and Git, makes my life as a Python developer way easier. Another nice feature is that when a file changes on disk, this is always reflected in the editor, without the need of a manual reload. The support for Python (using the plugins) is superb, now I can say that Microsoft is taking this language as a first class citizen.

It is a little bit heavy in resource usage. My 6 Gb laptop freezes sometimes when VSC and Chrome are both active, and I use both programs together. The inline help is not always useful and hard to read because it needs lot of scrolling.

Md. tohedul I.
Software Engineer in Bangladesch

Lightweight all in one tool for developers

Kommentare: It is the most powerful and lightweight ide software, especially for windows os users.

This software is very lightweight, I like it the most about this software. This software can be used even in low config computers. Anyone can use this software to develop any kind of software.

Sometimes IntelliSense does not work properly in some programming languages. This thing I like least about this software. Else everything is okay.

Eric M.
CEO in USA

Full-featured, cross-platform, and lightweight

Kommentare: VSCode is super easy to install and use on any platform. It has great language support and a good debugger. Learning the basics is quick and easy and you can use it as-is, right out of the box. Learning some of the advanced features and customizations, and browsing the long list of plugins to find ones you like will take a little more time but it is well worth the extra effort.

VSCode is a first-class IDE and is every bit as feature rich as its predecessor, Visual Studio. But unlike its predecessor, it's VERY lightweight and it runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. It has the advanced features you would expect like a debugger, automatic refactoring, multi-cursor editing, and more. It supports a huge range of languages from C# to Typescript to GO. It has a nice plugin manager that makes it easy to find plugins you like and keep them up to date. VSCode is open source and free.

VSCode has plugins that emulate VIM which, as a VIM user, I really like. However some of the built-in VSCode key bindings conflict with VIM key bindings. Although it's possible to modify the built-in key binding, I find having to do so a but of a nuisance.

Fazle R.
Software Engineer in Bangladesch

Best code editor ever

Kommentare: To me this is the best code editor till date. The intellisense, linting and git tool it comes with in a comparatively lightweight setup is amazing. I don't have to do extra stuff if I want to code in a remote machine with its ssh tunneling tool. Along with these, various free plugins from microsoft and community has increased my software development throughput a lot. I really love this software.

Comes with great intellisense for the languages I work on, support for tunneling to remote machine and forwarding ports easily, out of the box diff checker, git tool and wide range of plugins from microsoft and the community.

Intellisense sometimes uses huge amount of memory and sometimes intellisense does not work as expected in mac machine.

Arnaldo C.
Arnaldo C.
Software Engineer in Argentinien
Öl & Energie, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

The Next IDE generation

Kommentare: Is my everyday tool. I use it for taking notes as for develop. Is fast and thats is very helpful, if you need to test something small you are not going to open VS that take time to open, Code take miliseconds and is perfectly integrated with windows explorer, so it's adds a lot of productivity for your daily work.

It basically started as a complement to Visual Studio for js projects, and ended up as the trend IDE. It provides the performance of a simple text editor and the characteristics of a great IDE like its older brother. The extension market covers any language and any tool, you can integrate it with anything a developer uses. Very well equipped for React / Angular / Net Core project and, at the same time, a fluid experience that adds productivity to your development. And you can also use it as a text editor for notes, documentation, markdown.

Comming from Microsoft, it is incrdible that it is not compatible with .Net Framework projects. Supports JS, python, PHP, anything, but not .Net Framework. For debugging tools, some features of his older brother are still missing.

Binigya D.
Game Developer in Nepal
Computerspiele, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Swiss army knife for software development

Kommentare: It has been a joy to use Visual Studio Code. Even though it comes with some minor annoyances, I do not feel as if I could ever leave it, and it has saved me a lot of time with its ubiquitous plugins selection and godsend keyboard shortcuts.

VSCode has been my choice of editor for writing any code, period. It is so impressive with its meticulous keyboard shortcuts that cover every use case and I love the ridiculous amount of plugins you can get to enhance your productivity while coding. Another thing I simply adore about this is how lightweight it is, compared to Visual Studio or other bloated IDE. It is tremendously fast and a joy to write code on.

Not many things to dislike about this one, but for front end web dev, I feel Sublime Text slightly edges it out due to the quality of plugins offered on the latter. Also, VSCode sometimes acts up with its plugins (when using with Unity), so that it needs a restart of the application and tinkering with the settings. This is an annoyance that I would be glad to see it disappear.

Pawan P.
Pawan P.
Freelancer in Nepal
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Great IDE for software development

Kommentare: Overall it's a great IDE for software developers. I use it every day and love it. It's the best IDE I can use for free with lots of functionalities.

It supports a multitude of programming languages with a lot of plugins to make our programming easier. Its lightweight compared to other IDE available. There are many plugins to choose from and various themes available to make the code editor the way I wanted and other personalization features. It has git integration and also I can run multiple terminals within with splitting too. It's cross-platform so I use it in both Windows and Ubuntu. I can find different plugins to support the Intelligent Code Completion so it makes my learning and programming faster and easier. Also, it's very good for debugging my codes. Also, it's free and better than any other paid options available. Search and Replace feature is my highly used feature where sometimes i have to replace the same texts in multiple files and this feature comes to the rescue to save my time.

One thing I don't like is when I delete a file in a project, VS Code doesn't warn me if it's referenced in other files in the project. It hangs when I try to open a large CSV file. Sometimes the automatic code completion doesn't work for me.