Über PyCharm

Integrierte Entwicklungsumgebung, die Python-Entwickler*innen Code-Vervollständigungs- und Schnellkorrektur-Tools bietet.

Erfahre mehr über PyCharm

Pycharm is available in community edition and professional edition. The community edition is free of cost.

It is slow to load and a bit complicated to learn. The project/document organization system can be confusing.

Bewertungen zu PyCharm

PyCharm hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 344 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du PyCharm bereits verwendet?

Phillip
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter in Deutschland
Versorgungsunternehmen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Allrounder für Python Programmierung

Insgesamt ist Pycharm eine sehr starke Software für Entwicklungen und Data Science mit Python. Gerade der SciView Mode ist sehr praktisch zur Analyse von Datenmengen. Darüber hinaus gibt es ein nützliches Git Interface und die Möglichkeit sich beispielsweise über SSH auf verschiedene Server zu Tunneln.

Insgesamt macht Pycharm einen sehr guten job, keine Negativen Punkte.

Omar
Omar
Machine learning engineer - Intern in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

This is JetBrains' gift to software engineers and Developers around the world !

Kommentare: My overall experience has been great thus far. I believe I will continue to use it in my professional career. I would absolutely recommend this product for any software engineer, machine learning engineer or even a data scientist who wants to do some scripting work.

I have been using this IDE for a short time now. I must say it extremely amazing. I love how convenient and easy it is to use. The layout is fantastic. Having everything present in a single place like that definitely makes my life much easier as an engineer .The code editing tools are amazing, the code improvement recommendation system that they have is definitely a plus to have, sometimes the IDE recommends me to do certain actions I would have never have thought of on my own. Also it helps finish my code blocks automatically which is great. I also like how I could split the screen multiple parts fairly easily for code review. I could go on and on. I would definitely recommend Pycharm or any JetBrains product for that matter. They work incredibly hard and it shows in their work. In short Pycharm is awesome and I recommend you start using it.

I don't have any major critiques of the IDE but I would say perhaps having a co-pilot would be an incredible improvement to make it an even better IDE. Other than that I have no issues with it.

Silvio
Silvio
Software developer in Italien
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

My opinion on PyCharm after 3 years

Kommentare: I quite like the overall experience, I think is a very mature tool and I have suggested it to all my colleagues working with Python Django.

What I do really like about PyCharm is the search features. I think they are really useful and work great!

Would be nice when working on a Django project have directly the HTML markdown syntax highlighting for Django templating language. Also I would really love to have the git annotate function as in VS code (instead of having a sidebar having a comment like line whit the git author on the highlighted line). Sometimes I had trouble with the Python interpreter going crazy and had to reset it. Also the markdown syntax highlighting for .MD files is superheavy and the computer slows down

Gustavo
Front End Dev in Brasilien
Computerspiele, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

You can do better (and worse, too)

Kommentare: I don't like it very much. Interacting with PyCharm (in other ways than just writing code) is frequently slow and confusing. The last couple of times I opened it, I immediately closed it and opened VSCode instead. I keep it installed anyway, as it did help me quite a bit back when I had to build a compiler from the ground up. If you really, REALLY need an IDE, then I guess you could do worse than PyCharm.

Easy package searching and installation once the initial setup is done. It has plenty of debugging features, and it's handy to keep track of a large project.

It's not exactly lightweight. Using it to install Python on my Windows machine turned out to be quite a hassle. I've been using it for years, and while it's decent for medium to large projects, there is really no reason to use it if all you need is a short script.

Hemant
Hemant
Jr. Software Engineer in Indien
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

New Age compiler for advanced python developers.

Kommentare: We have benefited from Pycharm in numerous ways: 1. PyCharm provides project management and organisation features that can make our code easier to maintain and more logically organised. 2. PyCharms' auto-completion feature and freely accessible plugins make it simple to create applications and webpages. 3. PyCharm comes with an integrated debugger that allows you to quickly identify problems in your code and expedite the programming process.

Because it is easy to use, it is best suited for novices who are entry-level programmers. When the project is small, it is helpful. I've been using PyCharm Professional for over 4 years, and I don't see myself switching anytime soon. It is a comprehensive solution for all of your development needs, to start with. We have apparent interactions with JetBrains Space, YouTrack, and TeamCity because it is a component of the JetBrains ecosystem. The integration of docker and other services, as well as CI/CD technologies, is seamless. It offers nearly the same amount of extensions as VScode. Together with other incredible features like endpoint testing, an integrated database explorer, and excellent git management tools, it boasts excellent static code analysis.

1. Its slow starting: For some users, especially those working on big projects, PyCharm's slow startup can be annoying. 2. While PyCharm's community version is free, the professional version isn't, which can be a deal breaker for some users. 3. It takes too long to switch between projects.

Paul
Paul
Director in UK
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Not cheap, but wouldn't do with it

Kommentare: Slick and efficient - shortcuts for everything.

Pycharm's code assistance features make it invaluable, particularly if you're learning to code. I've been using it for 5 years since I started learning Python, and still use it now for all my product development. It's constantly being updated and improved.

Subscription fees aren't cheap, but the time the save while developing make it well worth the cost.

Ashwin
Ashwin
Student in Indien
Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Convenient and Efficient

Kommentare: The overall experience has been pretty good and it was really easy to get used to the software when I started using it. All the features - code completion, project-specific interpreter, debugger, etc. have been really helpful and enhanced my coding experience in a positive manner

The code completion feature, the ability to create a different virtual environment for every project that I make on the application so that I don't have to upgrade or downgrade my libraries without reason, the seamless integration with Github and the interface of the debugger is really great.

Nothing significant, I think it's probably the fact that I am too used to its code completion feature and find trouble adjusting to other IDE's whenever I have to switch. Its startup time could be improved.

Ratulovszky
Web Developer in Ungarn
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Almost perfect software for perfect programming

Kommentare: I think PyCharm is a very useful software that I can recommend to many of my friends. It helps a lot for programmers who are not yet on sure footing, but more experienced users can also benefit from working in this software. I can recommend it to people who would like to learn to program or to those who do this activity at an amateur level and do not want to spend money on a software that helps them.

The best thing is that the software knows many programming languages ​​and thus can help users to write the program. I think this is a huge help for programmers, but also for all other users in writing their codes.

The only thing I don't like about the software is its slow load time. This is confusing for me when using the program.

Artyom
Artyom
Risk Business Analyst in Armenien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Not expensive, but has a lot of features.

Kommentare: One of the best IDE's for developers and not only. Considering the fact that it has so many cool features, prices are not as high as they supposed to be.

PyCharm's best reference is that the software was developed by JetBrains. Seriously, there was no any software that was developed by JetBrains and was bad for me. It has integrated debugger. It has many shortcuts. Also, Pycharm highlight your code with different colors to read it easier and has code completion feature.

It uses a lot of computer resources, especially RAM. As a result, laptops batteries levels can go up to 0% much faster.

Kimberly
Kimberly
Student in USA

Great Product for learning python

I like that this is open-sourced software for learning the programming language Python.

There is a bit of a learning curve. But, if you find videos on YouTube you can figure it out

Sugam
Sugam
Project Manager in Nepal
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

One of the best and simple IDE for Python

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

I used Pycharm during my Bachelors to complete some Python Assignments and it was veryy helpful. The color scheme for different keywors, functions, classes etc enhanced code readability and it also provided error identifications and fixes quickly. Autocompletion also helped me finish my assignments quicker and is quite helpful when I am stuck with remembering syntaxes.

It is quite resource-heavy and might slow down low-end computers. The professional version is very expensive as well.

Christian
Christian
Programmer Analyst in USA
Versicherung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Best Python Specific IDE

Kommentare: I use PyCharm every day to build and maintain Python and Django applications.

It’s easy to use, configure, customize, and get started with. Out of the box, it’s configured in a very usable way but offers great flexibility per user on how they want it to be set up. The plug-ins available are vast and allows further customization beyond what the core product could ever offer.

It’s built on Java, so it can be a batter and system resource hog at times. Optimizing what folders it ignores so it doesn’t re-index all the time is important for bigger projects.

Computer-Software, Selbstständig

What is the best Python editor in the world?

Kommentare: I became a fan of PaySharm because it offers a lot of great features that save a lot of time, I advise everyone to use it for a general reason I loved it is that it has an auto-save feature, so that if the device suddenly crashes, your project will be safe.

I learned the basics of the Python language from simple editors like Spyder, and after I had enough experience, I started moving to a bigger and more professional editor, so I chose pycham and started to delve into it because it has stronger, more in-depth and powerful features, it is easy to use and has an easy and simple user interface. The program allows code analysis and error detection very quickly and has a powerful graphical debugger, and the important thing is that it works on data science applications in the Anaconda library. Baycharm provides multiple colors for the programming entities and thus provides comfort in work, and this is known as (syntax highlighting). One of the powerful features that I liked is Code Navigation, which is one of the features that allows navigation between classes, thus helping to save time and effort It can be used on Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.

Performance issues may occur when running on CPUs because it requires a lot of memory space. Sometimes it takes a long time to download, also the most important and wonderful features are available in paid versions only

Programmentwicklung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best IDE I've ever used

Kommentare: Great tool for a Python developer... It makes it easier for version control and library installations. 3rd party plugin support enriches the experience. Library installation is a lot easier than any other IDE. Its support for 'requrements.txt' is also another big plus. It also displays if an error occurs and suggests ways to resolve the issue. And I was able to resolve the said issue with the suggested (most of the time).

I am mainly using PyCharm for my school projects. The thing about PyCharm is its support for Git (version control). We are using BitBucket in the company and I think it is much better and easy to use than the SourceTree. And it is foolproof. PyCharm also excels at its support for 3rd party plugins. They don't force you to use their plugins. It also has its own terminal for the selected Python environment. This reduces the confusion both for me and for the PC itself. The UI also helped me to get used to PyCharm. It is easy to modify and not complicated. Different themes for the IDE help me to use PyCharm, especially during the night time (It has a dark theme).

There are a couple of things I don't like about the PyCharm. First thing is that its suggestions for pieces for codes are a little off. I mean, most of the time it suggests unrelated things. I am forced to use another 3rd party plugin to solve this issue. Another thing about the PyCharm is its debugging mode is really slow. It suggests me to install Cython plugin to speed it up. I tried but instead of speed gain, it slowed down. And I don't think it is because of my PyCharm environment since my friends have also experienced a similar issue.

Khush
Researcher in USA
Forschung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent IDE software

Kommentare: Has been a charm.

PyCharm is one of the best IDE out there. Has amazing host if features.

The software is compute intensive and is heavy.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Sublime Text

Warum PyCharm gewählt wurde: Better offering

Zuvor genutzte Software: Sublime Text

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PyCharm: Better offering.

Tomasz
Junior Network Engineer in Polen
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Python coding mad easy

Kommentare: Productivity increase provided by tool that great cannot be measured. After initial setup that can be problematic, it is the best Python IDE I have used

I love how PyCharm incorporates every useful functionality in a single IDE. Adding libraries is easy and intuitive, great debugging built in and the best code editor there is

Library search can be muddied by obsolete and not updated results and setting up python on Windows to work with PyCharm is not the easiest thing

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Microsoft Visual Studio

Zuvor genutzte Software: Microsoft Visual Studio

Ameer
Ameer
Student/Intern in Indien
Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Python IDE that makes coding in Python smoother

Kommentare: My overall experience is quite positive.I have been using it to write Python code. Pycharm is also used for descriptive statistics, simulation, cleaning and other types of data processing. It is used for Python implementation and distribution in the enterprise. Thanks to all of the powerful features it has, from Version Control to Code Inspection, it helped us handle our projects and improve delivery speed.- It is not restricted to the development of Python code.

Several divisions within the organization use it to build Web apps and machine learning algorithms . The Python debugging functionality is superior to what we have previously used. When scripting, it provides guidance. There are numerous keyboard shortcuts for jumping to various parts of code, finding and replacing items in a program, module, or route. W e can read and write better code and understand what's going on easily.

You can't turn it on for a major project and hope to be able to jump back in. Any time PyCharm runs, it has to search everything, which takes time and is inconvenient. It should take less time to get up and working. When testing code, closing threads also takes awhile.

Irina
Data Scientist and Statistician in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The best framework for writing and running Python code

Kommentare: I am a data scientist and a statistician, and all codes I write are in Python. I tried various frameworks like iPython, and it was very bad. PyCharm provides the best experience if you need to write, debug and run serious Python codes.

1) Easy to use, good prompt, all necessary features available, including debugging and Git sharing. Easiness to rename a function or a variable in all occasions simultaneously. 2) Terminal feature allowing to try small chunks of code inline 3) Possibility to incorporate a lot of statistical (SciPy, NumPy), graphical (PyPlot) etc. packages, allowing to do literally everything withing Python.

More autocorrection and highlighting than I would like (can be switched off, but it's difficult and not for all options). Rather difficult to install additional packages which Python may need (again, not crucial, all most common packages like NumPy or SciPy are installed easily, the problem is only with some fancy packages).

Yogesh
SDE Intern in Indien
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best IDE For Python related stuff.

Kommentare: Overall, when I want to work on mostly python related stuff I will definitely use this IDE as it accelerates progress more but when I will be working on mostly frontend code and not much python-based backend I would not use this as it slows me a little.

Being specific to only Python-related development really helps this IDE. Ready to use Python frameworks project files. We can also manage virtual environments in a really good way using this. A really good interface for using Git and Github which makes it very good for VCS.

Not a cons but I was having to use another code editor/IDE for the frontend, I was not that much comfortable using frontend libraries and languages in this IDE.

Fabian
Fabian
Polymath. Engineering, R&D; student w/ encouraging projects. in Venezuela
Internet, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The best complier, , and inspector for coding Python. And more!

Kommentare: I could progress a lot in my python expertise, and just with the inspector helping me out; the EDU tools also help a lot; I can use, see the course, offline. When I have to write code, I go as the first choice to this software; its feature of personalization really helps in a visual way to make sure your code is being made while coding, important thing because of time.

I can personalize my background and letters, functions from simple text, variables and so. Pycharm offers you a ton of useful plugins to help you to make your experience more handle while coding. Also, there is a version for students and professors to learn more, a can tell: an assistant in learning Python, Django and so; relatively to python of course. You don't need to be connected for making these courses, once you download it, you have it for use offline. The inspector feature id the best, it gives you suggestions and a brief explanation of errors or misunderstandings inside the code. You can write in HTML too. A very good tool for python development. The libraries that you need, write them in a requeriments.txt file, it downloads automatically for you!

Sometimes it's slow if your computer doesn't have a good amount of memory RAM, of course. Sometimes it's annoying when you have to choose the interpreter for the run, at first time, of your code; that includes the environment. You only can have one project opened at the time, including taking a look into the Educational, plugin, tool.

Kunule
Kunule
Web Developer in Kenia
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Pycharm, an IDE built for developers by developers.

Kommentare: Using Pycharm is a joy and a huge productivity boost. When mastered well you'll have no reason to pick another tool for your Python development even in this era of AI tools.

Pycharm is an intelligent code editor that offers a modern GUI with tons of customisations that make for a fruitful and efficient developer experience. It has a generous pricing model that places it within reach of all types of developers from the student, the hobbyist to the professional.

For old machines, it can be a memory hog. On large projects the indexing can be slow which is a pain.

Diego
Diego
Applied data scientist in Kolumbien
Marketing & Werbung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

The Swiss Army knife of IDEs!!

Kommentare: The best all in one IDE out there, the python supporting features are great and it has a many templates for different projects for ease of architecture. It has all the developing needs in one place, with easy to use and responsive GUI. It is the best python developing companion by far!!

It’s integration with many developing tools is the best! It can query databases, edit csv files and auto format python code all without going out of the app. The debugging features are top notch, also it’s GUI is awesome and responsive as well as highly customizable!!

At first it seems hard to learn new fuse of its many features but later i it gets easy. Also the memory consumption is very high while running on windows and the python interpreter gets lost and keeps running in the back without notice.

Lasha
Lasha
System Administrator in Georgien
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Number one IDE for Python

Kommentare: PyCharm makes writing code an enjoyable experience and it more than pays for itself in terms of productivity increase. Overall, I'm in love with it and I can safely say that no IDE is worthy of the "Best IDE" title, but PyCharm.

PyCharm is the only IDE you'll ever want to use. It does everything you may ever need to do. Starting from linting to setting up virtual environments - PyCharm does it all. However, it's best feature has got to be intellisense. It's snappy, it's smart and it's useful. It can read custom imported packages and contextually supply you with auto-completion which increases productivity tenfold. It also has a huge, bursting marketplace of plugins which can help with fully altering and customizing the IDE in ways you want it.

PyCharm is a very expensive software and despite it undeniably being the absolute best in terms of quality - the price point still a huge factor. On the flip side, they have free educational licenses, so not all bad. Otherwise, the product is perfect and I've never had any issue with it.

Waqas
Data Scientist in Deutschland
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great one for python users with very few limitations

When it comes to python programming and a little knowledge about Pycharm, it formats python code and provides an ease to debug line by line be setting up breakpoints. The biggest advantage I see that the intermediate output variable values are stored and can be retrieved after the first run, it updates on every run which means an annoying print statement is not required while debugging code. I think its great for debugging than many of the other IDEs in the market.

Slightly complicated to use and It takes alot of disk space and if there is need to program in any other language (which is not python) then there are usually compiling issues. For java i.e, PyCharm includes JetBrains runtime which needs more disk usage as I see and it does support java but in the end at the cost of disk space, still there could be many compiling problems. Handling of any other language than python, Pycharm is not the best choice. There are also so many warnings (different levels) which makes debugging hard for a new user, who is not known to these levels. Sometimes it also happens that even python code is not formatted which requires saving file with the right extension. There are also themes available which shouldn't be included in the main package. It also covers disk space. They should be optional in my opinion.

Founder in Namibia
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Pycharm Professional

Kommentare: Pycharm Professional makes my coding experience less stressful by proving an interface with all the handy conveniences that I need all in one software. I don't have to go the command to type out commands but can do everything to set up my coding environment right with the application.

Pycharm is an IDE that provides all that one needs for one's coding experience. It provides access to almost all packages needed for coding. Especially for coding in python that I use it for.

The pricing could have been a bit lower for my liking, even if this software is a good one, this is one thing that discourages me. I ended up using my student email to access a free year of use for this application.