Notion has completely replaced my notebook!

Bewertet am 9.1.2020
Alson K.
Creative Director

Kommentare: Overall, Notion is an indispensable app for our company. I've even started to use it for my personal life and side projects. It's really the best note organization app in the market.

Vorteile: The beauty of this application is that it can fit whatever requirements you would need from a notebook. You can define your own templates, you can define how every page looks. You can. even define who can view what you wrote. Organization is a breeze with the number of pages you can nest under each other. We have found that opening a page for each project works best.

Nachteile: There is simply no cons for this software! My colleagues and I use it every day without fail. We even share pages of it to our clients.

The holy grail of organization

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Librarian
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Notion is my second brain at home and at work. It has definitely improved my workflows and helped me organize all the different areas of my job, related resources, even scheduling, into one platform. It's not yet a full replacement for something like Evernote or Airtable, but it currently has the best of both those platforms, and I believe it will soon overtake them.

Vorteile: I have used Notion for personal projects since it first came out. Recently I have started migrating my work documentation and databases to Notion, and I'm very impressed. The ease of setting up relational databases within notes is unmatched in any other software I've used.

Nachteile: There are some small features that Notion does not yet excel at. Currently there is no way to view a calendar view of a database in any view other than month view, which is a small complaint. I know the Notion team is working on improving offline functionality as well, as it is pretty reliant on a steady Internet connection, which hasn't been a problem for me personally.

Notion handles any workflow with ease

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Michael H.
Co-Founder | Creative Director

Kommentare: We've used Notion as a team-collaborative note and project management app, which simplified our teams' internal processes.

Vorteile: Notion is one of the most flexible apps I've ever used, bar none. Notion can literally be set up to handle any workflow, team size, or project type. The app can be used for notes, project management, tasks and more - Making it a great one-tool solution for our agency. The entire app works flawlessly, and is incredibly lightweight.

Nachteile: At the time of our use, the Notion API wasn't fully developed yet, so the integrations were a bit limited. Compared to some of Notion's competitors, this is quite a bit of a drawback, because you're restricted on just how you can integrate Notion into your existing internal processes.

A more doesn't mean always a better

Bewertet am 27.11.2019
Younes B.
Full Time Translator
Verlagswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Like many others: I am a migrant-from-evernote-to-notion user.
So I really feel a difference. Evernote become with time a boring routine. You ended up konwing all what the software capacities without a horizon you can looking for. Evernote blog is a good resource but it is not enough for me.
The comparison with Evernote is critical for me. So I can tell you that Notion provide you all what Evernote offer plus a not-so-boring journey during using the product.

Vorteile: Without doubt its ubiquity (they claim you can organise anything within it) is incredible.

Nachteile: User experience is not that good. It is not comfort for the eyes.
Too many options.
Too many features.
Need time to learn and use and you ended up reexplain that too many time to your team OR you must buy Khe course about that product. And it's something you should really consider into your calculation of what that software cost.

Versatile tool

Bewertet am 26.11.2019
Matheus R.
CTO
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The main use for Notion at our company for is as Wiki, but we are already thinking about moving from Asana to it as a Task manager.

Vorteile: This tool is simply amazing. I have used some task tools before but this one is so versatile that I can't even compare them. You can do whatever you want with it. I have used it for everything. From documenting my videogame library to managing my daily tasks and goals.

Nachteile: The learning curve is really steep and the mobile app could be much improved. It is not the best experience to use the kanban board on iOS but it works.

Best note taking soft.

Bewertet am 15.12.2019
Krzysztof M.
Junior Software Engineer
Programmentwicklung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Notion helps me organize my thoughts and researches.

Vorteile: I was looking for something like this for a long time. It syncs across lots of device/systems and has web version. Free plan is very good.

Nachteile: I bought an iPad last time to make some digital notes, sketch notes - unfortunately sketch doesn't have functionalities to write with pen.

An app I didn't know I needed in my life

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Bonita S.
Digital Designer
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: So far, I use Notion to get my life together. From bullet journaling, tracking my finances, organize my work, planning my travel, and other things I didn't know I should do in order to become a Responsible Adult™

Vorteile: I can use it for both personal and work matters because they are just one workspace away. It's better than Trello and I think I will stick with Notion forever.

Nachteile: I hate emptying the trash because I have to manually delete the item in the trash one by one. Imagine if you have hundreds of them. Also, the pricing model is a bit confusing for me.

Notion, the newest and the best but too broad

Bewertet am 6.10.2019
Luke C.
Intern
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Notion is my personal information management tool other than Evernote.

Vorteile: Notion is the new kid on the block in terms of information management. It lets you do things in a new way with blocks of text instead of just strict text. I like that they're innovating in such a priority space. I expect good things to continue with the company.

Nachteile: Unlike Evernote or MacOS notes, I cannot find a good way to integrate this with my workflow. It's well designed but it seems to be too broad to be used in any fixed way.

Amazing tool for documentation and collaboration

Bewertet am 25.9.2019
Flavio A.
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very happy with the product, which has now become our number one tool for documentation and collaboration.

Vorteile: We started using Notion a little while ago as a simple replacement for other products like Evernote, and it has now quickly become our number one tool for internal documentation, knowledge sharing and collaboration. It's intuitive, simple to use, includes a number of different templates for pages/documents and has tons of excellent features.

Nachteile: Not a major issue for us at the moment, but it would be great to get full offline support in the future.

I use it for EVERYTHING

Bewertet am 12.10.2019
Maria G.
Product Designer
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm able to collaborate with the team within a shared space that doesn't feel cluttered. The UI makes sense, it's easy and straightforward so great for on boarding new people being added to the team.

Vorteile: I started using Notion after a coworker recommended it. I absolutely LOVE the templates available for notion and the design of the UI on the macOS app is really good. Im able to navigate through each tab seamlessly Whether I'm trying to take quick notes or using it as a task management tool, the ease of use is definitely one of my favorite features. It's a great collaboration tool as well. Our team account also displays when others are making changes which is pretty neat and good for keeping track of who is making what changes.

Nachteile: At times when more than one team member is on the same page (for web experience), it tends to slow the performance of the browser quite a bit. It's not bad, but definitely noticeable and it lags a little.

Best note-taking app of 2019

Bewertet am 18.11.2019
UI/IX Designer

Kommentare: I use Notion daily to organize my personal life and mainly my company. Nowadays we are using Notion Kanban view to organize our clients, and this is app does it perfectly! You can share with your clients some determined information and hide the rest to not overwhelm them with extra information, this is one of its best features. This app has too many amazing features to point out in one review.

Vorteile: The ability to organize an insane amount of data without losing control or missing information. Also, it is easy to learn and understand how the interface works.

Nachteile: The mobile version has some bugs, definitely needs some specific improvements.

The next generation productivity king!!!!!

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Business Group Head

Kommentare: The overall experience is superb. The lightweight super functional app also has iOS apps which i love.

Vorteile: The best thing about this software is the very idea behind it. It is one of those pieces of software that you never knew you needed until you actually saw it and started using it. It falls in that amazing sweet spot between note-taking, todo list management, and personal database management. It is hard to explain the sheer utility of this app. And therein lies its beauty. Each person can customize it in any way they want. There are blocks that you can customize any way you want - todos, notes, headlines, comments, etc. I love the comments feature, it is super useful when there is a ton of notes on a subject. But the standout feature is the lightweight relational database that is absolutely the best for personal productivity. For example, you can track your bills and their status along with the details and due date in a database that is created as a block in your personal finance page. You can have many pages nested one under the other. Alongside you can have another small database that tracks your credit/debit cards, coupons, etc. It is super useful and you can manage any information from recipes to contacts.

Nachteile: The free plan has a limit of a 1000 blocks which is too little. But it is free for students, so that is a plus.

One tool to rule them all

Bewertet am 26.11.2019
COO
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It changed the way I used to plan for my personal life and work. I can sketch an idea or take a quick note and then give them a structure. This is absolutely stunning.

Vorteile: Can I say everything? Notion it's an absolute game changer in the productivity tool industry. It comes like a note taking app but has all the tools you need to turn it into whatever you need to manage your life and work. The thing I absolutely love is how easy it is to configure it to your needs while you are using it!

Nachteile: Actually it lacks integration with other softwares, so it cannot be the automated hub for al your task juggling. Moreover the Android app is a little slow and the offline mode is not the best.

Notion is promising and surprising

Bewertet am 3.1.2020
Jason L.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I like the multi-user sharing function, so I can collaborate with people when working on documents. The live updates of people making changes via email is most helpful. I can see when a change was made and what it is. Overall, there are investing alot into basics and wow-factor. In terms of more complicated features, there is much catching up.

Vorteile: I use Notion daily to track my personal finances. I like how fast, reliable, and well built the product is. There is alot of thought gone into developing it, such as the use of shortcut commands, emojis for fun, and there is a whole lot of advanced functionality that I have not had the time to explore yet. In terms of the Wow effect, it is definitely comparable to Things 3. However, I think there is still a long way to go for it to have full-fledge features as compared to incumbents like Evernote or Airtable.

Nachteile: I dislike how Notion can sometimes be too generic. I wonder if Notion segments its users, and give advanced tools for people using Notion for certain purposes. Sure it's great for note taking such as having the browser extension or documentation (which I am a fan of) but there are certain features that seem to be lagging behind. For starters, creating and formatting a table is a horribly hard process. It's nowhere near Google Sheets or Excel. So for people using Notion to do more table, number or finance-related functions, it could be a challenge. It can take a page out of Slack's book, and offer more integrations for features they do not want to replicate.

One of the best pieces of software I have ever loved.

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Marketing Director
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have loved the way that Notion allows me to organize my workspace in exactly the way I choose.

Vorteile: It's hard to narrow down what I like most about Notion, but I love the flexibility. Not only has it replaced my use of other tools (Trello, Airtable, some Google Docs), but it performs some of their functions in an even better way. The interface is clean, and the keyboard controls make the experience smooth and fast. I feel like Notion works as an extension of my brain in a way that other products never have.

Nachteile: Integration. They keep saying they are going to add integrations and an API, but until it gets here, Notion lives in its own little world.

Notion changed my life

Bewertet am 30.12.2019
Tara M.
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Notion has allowed my team to completely integrate our projects, planning, and task management. Whereas before we managed different parts of the business separately, now it's all together. It helps everyone stay on the same page and connect their work to bigger goals.

Vorteile: Notion is completely customizable. I make it do what I want it to do. It lets me organize tasks, projects, and information to match the way my brain works instead of making me conform to a different system.

Nachteile: The fact that it's completely customizable can be overwhelming--but it's worth working through. The only other con is that it doesn't have a Zapier integration yet so there is so much more that could be automated.

Notion is so powerful!

Bewertet am 18.6.2019
Thibault L.
Customer Success Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Notion has become the most important place to store business information from company handbook, to projects, to personal notes, to business information, to spreadsheets and Kanban boards. It is THAT flexible!

Nachteile: Since we use it for everything at work, it can sometimes be difficult to find the right information. Another improvement would be better/faster sync and offline support on the iOS mobile apps.

Everyone should have Notion

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Nic R.
Creative Director

Kommentare: Great. It's easy to use, simplistic and so satisfying to create pages and elements.

Vorteile: Everything. There is not one thing about Notion that I don't like. I use it everyday to track my development progress, networking groups, daily tasks, notes, website links, etc.

Nachteile: I have been sitting here for 10 minutes going through my Notion and trying to figure out what I don't like about the software... But there isn't, I love this product and I will gladly promote it to everyone who I think could benefit from it.

Good for Large Team Collaboration

Bewertet am 11.11.2019
Natalie D.
Project Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Good product that they continue to improve. I hope that they are able to add some more page features, but it is definitely trending upward.

Vorteile: The best part of this software is that you are able to organize pages in many different ways. It is able to accommodate schedules, work flows, and lists. It is also great for the whole team to be able to look at what other group members are working on. It is nice that you can pick and choose who to share each page with if you have information that your whole group is not privy to.

Nachteile: They have been making improvements, but I do not like their notification system. You can tag your team members in order to assign them due dates and the like, but if they do not have Notion up on the computer I have found that they rarely get notified or reminded. This is because there is a feature where you can turn off email notifications, but I think their reminder system could be much more intuitive than it currently is.

Notion is a godsend! Amazing! Way more than it looks like!

Bewertet am 29.5.2019
Jason H.
Web Developer
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've been using software for my entire life. I have extensively used every major OS, and I was one of the first people to own an iPhone with the App Store on it. In my opinion, this is the most meaningful and useful piece of software ever written. I'm not exaggerating, this software has more potential than anything I've ever used. You can seriously organize your life, business, and hobbies with this so easily. It's like having a $30,000 website custom developed for you in an afternoon. But better because you actually understand it!

Vorteile: It's easy to use, but still INSANELY rich in features.
It allows you to create custom databases, and display them in different places and different ways, very easily, all with point and click interfaces.
You can use it to set up a simple todo list, or you can make an extremely awesome company Intranet/Internal CRM or CMS from it.
It's like being able to make your own apps with zero programming needed.
If you like Evernote, this is that on steroids, and designed better too.

Nachteile: Almost every major thing I can think of is already being done well. The one thing it really needs, which I know is already on the horizon, is a public API for integrations. Once that is possible the possibilities with this app will be truly endless. One more small nitpick that comes to mind is being able to make links (to other pages, databases, etc) be a little bigger or have a thumbnail version that shows the picture (sort of how like gallery items show up).

A Noteworthy Note Taker

Bewertet am 8.12.2019
Taylor A.
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is by far the best application I've used for organizing notes in a way that actually looks good. I use this for all my notes.

Vorteile: Create databases, templates for meetings, even company wide how-to docs. Simple to post online or share with a small group of invited guests.

Nachteile: It's a growing company so they're slow to release major updates. I'm still waiting for a few features like a reliable offline mode, but overall still the best note taking app I've found.

Notion review

Bewertet am 13.10.2019
Freelancer
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I can create and edit documents with colleagues, track simple projects, save articles, video i like, and also make notes and keep a diary. Notion helps me and the team to share the information more and more easily. Personal knowledge and experience was written in topic in the notion, it can bo strong as the wiki.

Vorteile: I enjoy the function about creating and tracking the simple projects with colleagues.

Nachteile: There are very few options for organizing content and customizing views.

An absolute joy to use

Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Rob M.
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Notion is one of a small handful of products that brings "delight". You can tell that all of the product features have been _extremely_ well thought out, right down to the keyboard shortcuts which mimic those of VS code and other software dev tools. I use it to take notes on online courses and as a combination of a Trello board / Calendar

Nachteile: Offline support could be better. In particular, having a few templates stored offline would be great. The reload every time you open Notion is also a bit annoying, it would be great if it optimistically merged from your offline version or updated behind the scenes once in a while.

My favorite personal knowledge base hub

Bewertet am 20.6.2019
Jonathan P.
Director of Marketing & Strategy
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My team was spread across too many apps with a lot of redundancy in what we did. To keep productivity high, I migrated our team to Notion since I've had a great experience using it personally. I've been a happy user ever since.

Vorteile: - Extensive features and intuitive UI allows you to create feature-rich documents
- Affordable personal plan compared to competitors and how much software you can replace with ONE app
- You can use features from G Suite, Asana, and Tettra... in a single app
- Nested pages makes it easy to navigate to where you need to
- Easily publish pages to the public

Nachteile: - No true offline support makes it difficult to work without internet
- Documents with a lot of blocks get a little sluggish

Really intuitive and awesome knowledge base

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Patrick E.
Software Developer

Vorteile: It is easy to learn and quite intuitive. I like it how you can set emoji and covers for each page, this makes them rememberable. I also liked the whole block system and the markdown support.

Nachteile: It would be nice if the free plan would support more free blocks (currently: 1000).