Cloud Compare

Bewertet am 20.6.2019
Steve F.
Manager of Product and Data Development
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used the upload option to send a list of VMs to Cloud Compare and used the simple web app to compare the cost of running the VMs on different cloud providers. The app checks the compatibility level of each option as well as the cost, so you can see when the offering isn't a 100% match for what you have. I used a small pre-live environment to try out the tool, which then demonstrated that it pays for itself immediately (as in, within the first month of use!)

Vorteile: The best part of Cloud Compare was the outcome. Using the options found using the app, I could save 40% of my annual cost of running virtual machines in the cloud.

Nachteile: I'd like an easier way to enter servers if I was doing a large volume of infrastructure, although the in-app and upload options probably cover most migration cases.

von Shapecast an 2.7.2019

Thanks so much for your review and the feedback is great. We're really glad you saw the level of potential savings that you did.

Your ideas on loading server asset information is helpful. We expect for very large IT estates, we'll support customers to load. We also have the ability to automatically discover servers and load that server asset information in to the product directly, but these fall under our Enterprise Plan

Your other feedback is really helpful and we're so pleased you saw the benefits that you did.

Cloud Compare is an awesome product

Bewertet am 24.6.2019
Anjani P.
CTO

Kommentare: I need to show my customers with price comparison from multiple providers and this platform helps me achieve that much easier. It saves my times and builds the price comparison report efficiently and even the console looks very professional.

Vorteile: The ability to compare the cloud server price from multiple vendors on a single click of a button is awesome.

Nachteile: The software should add more vendors like Alibaba Cloud, Digitial Ocean.

von Shapecast an 2.7.2019

Thanks very much Anjani and its great to hear that CloudCompare adds value to a professional multi-cloud companies. We built the product with cloud migration companies in mind so its great feedback for us.

Get better insights on you Cloud costs

Bewertet am 26.6.2019
Manoj A.
Cloud Architect and Devops Engineer

Kommentare: It's making easier to identify the server types provided by the different cloud platform and the cost analysis.

Vorteile: I like the ability to compare the costs of our server assets in different cloud platforms. I have found many people having trouble choosing appropriate servers as well as analyzing cost benefits among different cloud providers. Cloud compare helps us in that matter. It provides a user-friendly cost analysis of UI that help us better understand our expenses. Overall a great product.

Nachteile: I don't see any downsides in any matter. But there are few more things that needs to be added or changed which can help cloud compare bring out the best.

von Shapecast an 2.7.2019

Thanks very much for your review Manoj and Im very glad you found Cloud Compare helpful.

Easily and quickly compare cloud vendors

Bewertet am 19.6.2019
Iain H.
Principal Developer

Kommentare: Being able to quickly compare the true monthly cost of each vendor.

Vorteile: It was easy to compare the market leading cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, etc.

Nachteile: It's basic but that's what makes it easy to use.

von Shapecast an 2.7.2019

Thanks very much for your Review Iain. We're very pleased you found CloudCompare helpful and quick and easy to use.