4.7/5
    4.7/5
    4.4/5

Über Notepad++

A free text code editor that supports various languages and uses Win32 API and STL.

Erfahre mehr über Notepad++

Fernando D.
SAP BW Consultant
  • Bewertet am 13.12.2019

"It must be in your survival kit, for sure."

Kommentare: I use Notepad++ daily! I'm not exaggerating, right now I need to write an SQL code to use on MS SQL Management Studio, I prefer to write it on Notepad++ and execute it on that tool. I use it as simple notepad too, to write down my pending tasks, keep filter values for later use, shopping lists and many more. I can't work without it. I've installed the portable version on a Dropbox folder so I have the same Notepad++ wherever I go, whatever machine I'm using. It is a must have, for sure!

Vorteile: This is my partner, my best tool at work. I can spend hours talking about it, I can even type this text on it and then paste it here... You can use Notepad++ to open plain text files, program in many languages like C, PHP, JavaScript, HTML and all of them. It is not a simple text editor, you can apply Regular Expressions, you have syntax highlighting and indentation out of the box. If you want more, you can install many plug-ins that are available. You can even play Tetris from Notepad++.

Nachteile: Well, sometimes I need to work with bigger files, like 1GB CSV files. When I do so, Notepad++ cannot handle that. Sometimes it freezes, sometimes it applies my modifications for less than a half of the content and that is not reliable. So I prefer to use other methods to do it, like VBA macros if the modification is too complex. I know that Excel was made to work with large CSV files, but Regular Expressions are better on Notepad++. If you consider this, you will get to the point that NP++ was not made to work with too large files, which is ok. So this is just a though, not a concern.

• Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Stuart S.
Electronic Design Engineer
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.5.2019

"Excellent lightweight text/code editor"

Kommentare: Notepad++ is one of my favourite utility programs. It does one thing and does it very well, with intelligent, easy-to-use design. It is an excellent sidekick for programming projects; useful for inspecting files at all stages of an embedded software project, from C++ source to HEX. I have also used it as a main editor for more old-fashioned languages which do not come with an IDE. In this scenario the built-in code highlighting for all common languages (and some not-so-common ones) as well as the rudimentary code completion come in very handy.
A great tool!

Vorteile: Notepad++ is my Swiss Army knife of software; useful for so many things.
If I need to quickly open a piece of source code to remind myself how something works (without opening the full project in the IDE), Notepad++ is perfect.
I like to open all kinds of files, not just text, with Notepad++ to find out what their internal structure looks like. A lot of proprietary file formats are human-readable and often contain standard elements like XML or INI.
Notepad++ has just enough features to be useful, keeping it very lightweight. This helps it start up virtually instantly.
A complement to the fast startup time is the Windows context menu entry. This really is fantastic and means if I want to peek inside any file I can simply right-click and 'Edit with Notepad++'.
Supports a wide range of plugins if extended functionality is required. I have used and liked the Diff and HEX editing plugins, which were easy to install and worked well.
It remembers which files are open when it is closed, meaning I can resume working straight away next time.
Tabbed interface works well for a text editor, especially when combined with the Diff plugin.

Nachteile: Popups which ask if I want to update every time I open the software are annoying and break my workflow, and unfortunately Notepad++ is guilty of this.
Really not much apart from that!

• Bewertet am 20.5.2019
William M.
Lead Software Analyst
Versicherung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.3.2020

"Excellent resource for developers"

Kommentare: I love it! Especially when building mass scripts, this tool saves me hours of effort. I used to write a program to build scripts because I didn't know of anything that would work like the Column editor in a free form notepad editor. It's a real time saver.

Vorteile: You often find as a developer that you need to take large amounts of data and reformat it to fit a specific function like creating scripts. Notepad++ has many features that are unlike any other editor I've found.
Specifically, Column Editor (insert into all rows at a specific column), Bookmarking records and the ability to delete bookmarked or non-bookmarked records, and the ability to use Extended characters (like \n, \r, \t, etc) and Regular expressions in the search and replace features.

Nachteile: There is not much to complain about with this software. If anything, there are so many features that, when I first started using it, I would have trouble finding some of the useful features because they were named similarly or just lost in the vast number of features. I've been using it for so long now that all of the features I use are easy to find and use.

• Bewertet am 26.3.2020
Junior Software Developer
  • Bewertet am 23.9.2019

"It's notepad on steriods"

Kommentare: It's not bad it's really good for the text editor that it is.

Vorteile: Intellisence
Open multiple files at once
Edit multiple file types
Can run html pages from application
Highlighting of code
collapse or expand code within a function

Nachteile: It's not an IDE, it's a glorified text editor.
It's okay if you're editing a file here and there however I wouldn't use it for a main software development.
I've lately just being using it to paste in small snippets of code that I don't want to loose temporarily and for taking notes and to quickly view other code files without opening an IDE for the particular file.

• Bewertet am 23.9.2019
Rob B.
WSO2 Trainer
  • Bewertet am 7.12.2019

"Notepad++, the tool for all your text editing"

Kommentare: I use Notepad++ for all kinds of copying of artifacts, scripts, medation but also to quickly change texts , e.g. removing the first couple of characters in the first position of a line. The possibility to open up multiple (up to 30 or so at one point) files is great and closing them is easy. For a free tool, this is a must to use for Windows users.

Vorteile: Notepad++ is free, but even if it was a paid tool, i would buy it. The software allows you to edit all kinds of files with language support, e.g. an XML file will be formatted in the way it should. Same goes for yanl, sql and dozens of other languages that are supported. It allows you to open several files at once and keep them 'open' even if you reboot. So it keeps a copy of open files to restore when you again open Notepad++. It is a windows tool. It is extensible with plugins, i use the NPP plugin to copy files in rft format to the clipboard for my training material since it preserves the formatting so students can see the file formatted the right way.

Nachteile: The only drawback is with the npp plugin that did not work on a newer version of Notepad++. This is of course less of an issue that concerns notepad and more to do with the developer of npp but nevertheless it is a shame.

• Bewertet am 7.12.2019
Amar S.
Senior Software Developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.3.2020

"Love to work with this editor"

Kommentare: It's very good after working with notepad++. it's improving my work performance and stress as well. Stress is reduced by doing auto save of working file in case power has gone of machine. Recommend to all software user for used that.

Vorteile: 1) It's easy to use 2) Handy software editor for improving your work performance and skills. 3) Advanced version from windows default notepad editor. 4) I like auto save function in notepad++.It's giving advance feature on normal notepad. 5) Any programming language development we can do. Because it's supporting every type of file extension. 6) Easy for find character length, Line no and search. 7) We can install some extra plug in for use like If we want to install JSON type plugin then we do . 8)More control on files. Like Colors and comments are also manageable in this editor. 9) More frequent updated are available. 10)Intellisense also working for particular programming or typing a text.

Nachteile: I am using this tool from last 5 year. But Still not such an issue. Which i find.

• Bewertet am 7.3.2020
Daniel T.
Integration Architect
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.1.2020

"Editor plus than notepad"

Kommentare: We used this tool in the past to manage XML files and configuration files from different systems.

Vorteile: This editor is easy to use with a lot of text edition and advance capabilities.
It is a light in the CPU consume and also, have the possibility to add plugins with additional functions.
It has support for some development code and file extensions.

Nachteile: This is an application for Windows only. Nevertheless, for me, it is the only problem of the tool.

• Bewertet am 20.1.2020
Deepak M.
Senior Engineer - Product Development
  • Bewertet am 4.2.2020

"Most handy text editor you will ever come across"

Kommentare: Overall I really like working with notepad++, It highlights the required syntax based on type. of the file eg: .java, .html etc. Also as it is light weight, its very desirable to have in the system.

Vorteile: 1. It has numerous in-built plugins like spell checker, hex editor, sql formatter,text compare etc. which help a lot in everyday tasks.
2. It supports multiple encoding formats, also has in-built syntax highlighting for many coding languages, I use this extensively.
3.I also use the record feature in notepad++ for performing various bulk operations.
4. It is light weight and easy to install.

Nachteile: 1. It fulfills more than what is expected from a text editor.
2. While opening a large text file,it usually gets stuck.

• Bewertet am 4.2.2020
Dave A.
Informationsdienst, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.12.2019

"My default editor for text files"

Kommentare: Sometimes I work with very large text files in my day to day job. Many of these are so large, they cannot be opened in standard windows notepad. Notepad++ can not only open these files, but provides nice syntax highlighting for XML and other large file types.

Vorteile: This is wonderful software that is much more powerful than the built in notepad in windows. I use it for all text file types from standard text to code files. Supports plugins for additional features, syntax highlighting and more.

Nachteile: Updates to some of the modules are frequent, so it can nag a bit when you open the application to update plugins.

• Bewertet am 4.12.2019
Nikolaos Z.
Data Scientist
Marktforschung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.3.2020

"Very good text editor "

Kommentare: In my company we still use Notepad++ in several projects and developments we do. However, it tends to become the plan B and the first choice seems to be the Sublime Text Editor. This editor is more friendly in R and mostly python which is the future of big data analytics. This is change has been the more modern GUI of Sublime text compared to old fashioned Notepad++ GUI and its always innovative features for Python developing.

Vorteile: The software is very good especially on programming and in general developing. Has very friendly highlighting feature and also programming language specific plug-ins.

Nachteile: Although it is very good using in SAS programming, other text editors like Sublime text tend to be more user-friendly in other modern programming languages like R and Python.

• Bewertet am 11.3.2020
Lead Quality Analyst
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.11.2019

"A must have editor"

Kommentare: Basically it is more than an editor. It has quite a lot of very useful and important features which overall reduces cost and effort in any industry. The fact it supports a lot of languages makes it even more useful.
I think this is a must have tool.

Vorteile: I used Notepad++ almost on daily basis while doing testing of various softwares. It's a very simple to use tool, you don't need any instructions to use it. The interface infact id user friendly. Some of the features which i liked the most
The data is saved on the go, you don;t have to save it explicitly. You know how much significance this holds to a software person.
Mutiple tabs along with option of multiple views in Notepad++. This is extremely useful while comparing files (ask a tester how it makes life simpler:) )
When testing fixed file formats the highlighting of line and column number is very useful. It also highlights the text selected in the whole file which is another interesting feature.
The option to search anything in all the opened files; simple but very important feature.
The replace option has extended feature where you can make use of '/n' etc.
Syntax highlighting and support for various languages; I had to deal with a lot of XML and HTML files. This tool made my life easy.
The support, answers to queries is good and pretty fats.

Nachteile: There is nothing much which I didn't liked about Notepad++. It's basically an editor and it fulfills all the features a editor should have. If you are using it for programming you'll surely find some difficulties there.

• Bewertet am 15.11.2019
Gokul K.
Senior Consultant
  • Bewertet am 13.9.2019

"Notepad++ V7.7.1"

Kommentare: I am using this Notepad++ as an developer for past 6 years right from 2013. As an developer and support person in my project I used to have lot of SQL insert commands, BCP IN/OUT and other FTP commands to be typed and generated it as an macro for millions of rows. So this software is used to avoid lot of halles in first place. As well since I am an developer this is used to create formatting loop for SQL procedure, functions and views. As well by erroneously if the notepad closed also the next day when we opends it saves the data in the local and we can get started from the place where we left.

Vorteile: 1. Notepad is very good and easy when we are a developer particularly for .HTML, CSS Designs
2. It is an Good IDE when we are using for SQL. It will clearly shows conditional formatting, loops and other contents as required for avoiding compilation errors.
3. The IDE is free in the market and selling for a least dollar amount by Scooter INC.,
4. Automatic spell checker and avoiding grammatical things when typing the words. This feature is called "Autocomplete" which suits to HTML and SQL also.
5. Macros also available which is used for any BCP or Insert commands when writing for SQL server coding (T-SQL).
6. Supports N number of languages right from HTML till Java, ASP and VB also. SO formatting is very easy and done at one place rather than having their IDE's when developer develops multiple tings at one place.

Nachteile: 1. Notepad++ is sometimes slower in nature and getting closed automatically without any error messages though it was light weight in nature.
2. For a developer/programmer this is very good however for tech managers and directors this is not a good tool to dealt with since we have lot of paid one in the market with features in the market for any presentations to be performed.
Overall disadvantage or CONS is less so nothing to be presented much apart from this.

• Bewertet am 13.9.2019
Quality Assurance Engineer
  • Bewertet am 24.7.2019

"Amazing Multitool"

Kommentare: I have been using Notepad ++ (or N++) for as long as I can think. It basically started in school and i quickly adopted it for my home use too and never stopped using it ever since.
You can (probably) open all files and formats that text editors should be able to handle and some more. It is recently being overshadowed by VS code, but i still use both of them side by side, since N++ is still faster for quick edits and i know all the key combos i possibly need.
I definitely reccomend to install this on your machine at work and home, since it makes things so much easier compared to the default notepad.

Vorteile: It can open almost any fileformat to the point where it feels like the VLC of editors.
A lot of Programming languages are supported for highlighting out of the box and you can add even more via plugins.
Opening files is really quick!
Files you have edited are kept even after a shutdown and if the file is removed, unless you save it there are no "saving oopsies " happening.

Nachteile: Windows only
Finding plugins that fit your needs and are still developed for the current version can be really tedious. Sometimes you need to stick with certain N++ versions for compatibility.
No autocomplete or Intellisense by default. Finding autocomplete plugins and getting them to work can be tricky and your chances of success are based on how far your language is spread

• Bewertet am 24.7.2019
Gopal B.
Analyst
  • Bewertet am 8.10.2019

"The best text editor out there..."

Kommentare: Overall I'm really happy with Notepad++ it helps me get mess sorted out quickly, helps add notes quickly and I can keep it running it in background as it doesn't consume much of cpu power. Syntax highlighting support for many languages has helped me more than few times to identify issues in code or XML without having to run the code.

Vorteile: Considering the fact that it is just a text editor - I love almost everything about Notepad++. It's fully customize-able, light and almost bug free and on top of that it's fully open sourced & free. Also the availability of so many plugins makes it super awesome. It helps me take notes quickly which are preserved even when I don't save it and can also be sync'd with cloud.

Nachteile: There's almost nothing to dislike about the features provided with Notepad++, but I wish they add start taking competition seriously and start adding features such as version controlling.

• Bewertet am 8.10.2019
Mike P.
Developer
Computerspiele, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 19.8.2019

"The Gold-standard for Text Editing on Windows"

Kommentare: Quick comparison of code revisions without having to make commits to version control, excellent Regular Expression support in the Search and Replace tool.

Vorteile: From tabbed file editing to syntax styling for nearly every imaginable file format under the sun, Notepad++ has it all and should be in the arsenal of every Windows user, whether you're a full on developer writing code or just an amateur tweaking configuration files! The Search and Replace functionality provides full Regular Expression support, making it extremely powerful to make bulk changes to text based files. A plethora of additional plugins, including Compare (diff), Autosave, and Spell-check, which can be installed and disabled from the built-in Plugin Manager in a snap.

Nachteile: Absolutely nothing! Lets start a campaign to make Notepad++ the default Windows text editor! Make it happen, Microsoft!

• Bewertet am 19.8.2019
Lucas M.
Freelance Proofreader
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2019

"The single best combination of least clutter and most features"

Kommentare: I usually have one main dump file where I write down fast any idea that comes up when I have to work on something else. Then, I later separate those ideas or tasks into other smaller, more specific lists/files, organized by topic or due date. At the same time, I can be proofreading an article or essay, still on Notepad++, with many other files open, without slowing down even an older computer. The fact that I never had it crash or needed to contact support speaks enough about how polished this software is

Vorteile: Notepad ++ is a very clean and minimal notes software in its out-of-the-box state, but can handle a lot of more intense jobs if you get to know its features. For me personally, it is essential to have a notepad that is very light, can have many files open at the same time (and not weighing down older machines even with this) and can open the same files I was editing the last time I turned the computer off.

Nachteile: It is really difficult to pick something to criticize here, as I consider Notepad ++ to be the quintessential notes app, and there is not much that can be done wrong in this kind of app. As stated in the review title, it has the cleanness of a notepad but CAN handle a lot more, with neat features to organize lists or export files. I believe there was never a feature I really needed when working with it that it lacked, never had to seek a different app even for any situational notes-related tasks.

• Bewertet am 11.12.2019
Pradeep A.
developer
  • Bewertet am 3.12.2019

"Notepad++"

Kommentare: very satisfied with this alternative notepad editor. I did not lose a single unsaved file ever since I started using it.

Vorteile: Notepad++ is an excellent replacement for the default Windows Notepad even though there are many other free and paid alternatives, Notepad++ I feel is the best option as it gets the job done excellently. The tabbed windows which can be customized, the docswitcher list of files, the plugins are all very useful features to have. When I used Windows notepad and when I laptop crashed (happened few times), I would lose all unsaved information I had typed in notepad, but with Notepad++'s automatic saving of files as backup even if my PC crashes the information I typed has already been saved to the disk. Another useful feature is the ability to create and restore a session where I don't have to open all the files again upon restart. I also like the feature which shows unsaved files using a different icon on file tab.

Nachteile: This happened a few times where Notepad++ crashed and it messed up my session and corrupted the session file-wish there was some protection from this happening. Also, it would be nice if there was a single install file for both x86 and x64 platforms.

• Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Ernesto enrique F.
Web Operations Manager & Co-Founder
  • Bewertet am 22.7.2019

"The fastest text editor I've ever tried"

Kommentare: With notepad ++ I can edit portions of code very quickly thanks to how light and portable it is.

Vorteile: What I like about Notepad ++ is undoubtedly how fast and light it is. I have used it for more than 8 years and I still use it today because it is the lightest application that exists and I have tried to edit portions of code in my documents. It is open source, so it is free to use and has many options to customize the appearance. In addition, it recognizes practically all the programming languages that exist, which makes it the best option to complement the development environment of my computer.

Nachteile: The only thing I do not like, even though I've used it for many years, is that it still has the same user interface. I would like to see a new interface, more friendly and modern.

• Bewertet am 22.7.2019
ICT Systems Coordinator
Musik, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.7.2019

"The best upgrade from Windows's native Notepad on the market"

Kommentare: Overall, I have found Notepad++ to be an excellent piece of software – it has totally replaced my need to use Windows Notepad to quickly edit scripts and config files, and it is incredibly easy to use. We have now adopted this as the ICT department’s text and code editor of choice due to its features and ease-of-use. It has become part of our daily toolkit and we wouldn’t think twice about moving to another program.

Vorteile: Notepad++ is a brilliant text and code editor that is compatible with many coding languages right out of the box. It is a free tool that is published under the GPL licence for free use, and is available in both x32 and x64 download packages for Windows.
It is a lightweight piece of software that starts up very quickly, and updates are provided frequently to fix bugs and improve performance. There are lots of plugins available to add more complex functionality if required.
The UI of Notepad++ is very user-friendly; it features a tabbed-style layout similar to Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, where open files are saved in tabs along the top of the window. Open files are saved when exiting the program and will re-appear when re-opened, so you don’t need to worry about re-opening files when you get back to working.
Another useful feature for system admins is the ability to silently install Notepad++ with its MSI installer and switches.

Nachteile: During my time using Notepad++ I have run into very few cons for the software. The biggest drawback is probably the lack of paid support subscriptions; there is only online support available through the Notepad++ website, although I haven’t required any support yet as the software is so easy to use.
Occasionally the ‘check for updates’ tool will pop up to notify of a new version which can be somewhat annoying, but this can be disabled in settings if required.

Caleb J.
Junior Web Developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.7.2019

"Notepad++ - a powerful text editor"

Kommentare: It has been a superb experience ever since I discovered and began using this nifty software....will loving the experience.

Vorteile: Notepad++ is a free alternative to many paid code editors on the market, but what makes the difference is the fact that is is packed with features you find on many paid versions. It has support for approximately 27 different programming languages, supports syntax highlighting and folding, searches regular expressions, synchronized edits and views and many many more. Another solid feature is the option to set Notepad++ not to use %APPDATA%, instead you can have it write or load config files from the installation directory which comes in super handy when you have the need to run it from a removable device like a thumb drive. The WYSIWYG option allows you to print your code as it is displayed; therefore, if you have codes displayed in color on screen, you can print it also in color. How handy!! Lastly but not the least important is the Plug-in manager that comes in extremely handy to load useful plug-ins to really add the icing on the cake, extending Notepad++ feature above and beyond what should be defined as free.

Nachteile: There's nothing we tried that we didn't like.

Lead Software Engineer
  • Bewertet am 28.11.2019

"The Swiss-Army Knife of text editors"

Kommentare: It's simply the best Windows-based code editor I've ever used, It's always open on my desktop at work, and I can't imagine getting through a day without it.

Vorteile: This free software text-editor is probably my most-used application outside of my usual IDEs and database managers like SSMS. It's always open and I'm constantly pasting code snippets into it while I'm refactoring, or simply writing quick prototypes in whatever language I happen to be using on a given day. Sometimes I need to write a quick Python script to pull a flat file from an FTP site, transform it and push it into a database; or I'll need to write a Javascript function to reverse the first and last names of a customer. With Notepad++'s syntax highlighting (it really does cover almost every language in use), this developer's life is incalculably more productive. At one point I used vanilla Windows Notepad for this, but now I can't imagine working without Notepad++. Don't get me started on the plethora of plugins that really make this free software shine.

Nachteile: The software updates at least once a week, which can be annoying, but I also love that the devs are keeping it current!

• Bewertet am 28.11.2019
Release and QA Manager
  • Bewertet am 19.9.2019

"This is a very useful too that has lot of variety useful small features"

Kommentare: Its a small but great powerful tool. I am very happy about it.

Vorteile: 1. It can be used for taking notes
2. Many files can be opened in different tabs. No need to open multiple notepad applications for each file.
3. If you modify file outside of Notepad++ and if it is open in Notepad++ then it asks you whether to reload the file or not.
4. You can link interpreters to execute your code like Pytohn, Perl or many others.
5. It has a language pack.
6. It has font for most programming languages that are useful for colorcoding.
7. Statndar encoding types are available too.
8. Macros and plugins are useful too. My favorite is Compare File plugin.
9. Search is amazing and it can be done through so many files along with regex.

Nachteile: Each time a release comes in, (once a quarter) then it automatically prompts user with a message box to asking to update application or not. It can get annoying if you have Notepad++ installed on multiple machines and if each one starts asking you as you log in.

• Bewertet am 19.9.2019
Evan S.
IT Business Analyst
  • Bewertet am 30.9.2019

"Simply the best tool for viewing columnar big data or code exports"

Kommentare: In short, it is a perfectly adapted tool for its mission of providing an easy-to-use, lightweight rich text editor.

Vorteile: This is an amazing and intuitive free software. It is far superior to Microsoft Notepad for every use case I have had--most often inspecting and modifying code or opening large data files. I once had a coworker with an unfailing commitment to using an alternative, Vim, and cannot for the life of me figure out why. Notepad++ provides the user a minimal set of controls that are common across many other popular applications. There are also many useful plug-ins--my most often used is the Compare module for checking differences in code when a teammate provides inadequate check-in notes.

Nachteile: I have no issues with the features that are currently part of this application. The plug-ins could be better cataloged to state their purpose, perhaps even a 'Smart Notepad++' could suggest plug-ins that would help with what you are doing, but this would be going above and beyond.

• Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Information Security Architect
Bankwesen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.9.2019

"Best Text Editor"

Kommentare: It's my default text editor. It's light weight and very easy to use. I can be extensible via extensions.

Vorteile: If you are windows user and need a text editor, the answer will be certain for sure. It's notepad++. It's very light-wight. It makes codes colorful according to your file type or selection on the menu. I can be extensible via extensions. when you start the app, it shows you last open files. You can keep safe your temp text.

Nachteile: Its search feature is not good. It can not understand which type of the code you write. I have to select type of code on the menu. It does not provide auto-complete feature by default.

• Bewertet am 27.9.2019
Rahul K.
Test Architect
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.8.2019

"A Powerful and Rich Featured Test Editor"

Kommentare: Fantastic !!!
Easy to download and install and very easy to use

Vorteile: The Plugins... They are just Wow
Many are not aware that we can do a lot with the plugin manager eg.
1. There is a Compare plugin available which can compare your files and find out the differences. It comes very handy while comparing multiple huge and complex files to find out the differences in them.
2. JSON Editor - It's used for editing and formatting JSON Files, which comes extremely handy for developers\testers working on API building. and there are many more such plugins
It supports most of the programming languages
And mostly importantly all this comes in at free of cost

Nachteile: Frankly speaking I can't find any cons in Notepad++; I can call it as a life saver for an IT person dealing with huge and complex files.
Just that, a lot of people don't know much about the features that it offers to its user. If these features could be made available somewhere as an option in the menu it would be great. such that even a layman can use them in case required.

• Bewertet am 27.8.2019