Workfront makes managing projects easy with strong training, support and reporting features.

Bewertet am 12.6.2018
Jonathan H.
Retail Card Account Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen

Kommentare: It helps us save time when it comes to resource allocation and time management. The reporting features helps upper-management better understand what we are doing and how much time it takes to do it. I love how they are constantly pushing updates that help improve the tool based on user feedback.

Vorteile: I have been a Workfront user for a few years now and am a big proponent of this project management tool for several reasons.
1) I find it very intuitive for users to use
2) It is easily customized based on the needs of your users
3) The reporting feature is worth the price of admission itself
4) Their support team is quick to respond and the self-help area is robust so you can find an answer to any question you may come across
5) Workfront offers a comprehensive training tool that covers several types and levels of training for users at all levels including frequent live trainings
6) The Community area is a great place to share ideas and ask for help from other users
7) They are constantly making updates and improvements to the tool
8) The Workfront Proof viewer is a great feature for those who want to markup and share creative within a project.
We looked at several solutions and I'd say that Workfront was by far the best option for our internal creative agency.

Nachteile: Setting up can be time consuming if you don't already have a process in place. Do your homework and dedicate the time to do it right before launch or else user adoption can be difficult. Plan on user adoption to be your biggest hurdle as people are uncomfortable with change. Make the Workfront trainings mandatory before use.

Ideal tool for the administration of high level projects

Bewertet am 27.5.2019
Caroline S.
Software Engineer
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: This tool has allowed to carry out a better organization, planning and management of large business projects since it provides all the appropriate tools for it, being able to prioritize projects, monitor their status and collaborate with different team members, making the work much simpler of everyday.

Vorteile: I like this tool since it is ideal to carry out the administration of high level projects, and this is thanks to the fact that it provides the adequate tools and a configuration that is highly customizable, thus doing the management, collaboration and work in team is much simpler and more fluid, has high quality report reports because they are very detailed and easy to understand, also allows members who are in different countries to collaborate with each other just by sending a request to them and assign assignments that make the development of the project much faster, being able to exchange ideas and comments among them, as well as being able to monitor the progress of each user or the project in general and the best thing is that the tool is always updated and It is very easy to use, which is why it is suitable for the management of large projects.

Nachteile: One of the things that I think I do not like is that he does not have a live chat and it would be very appropriate since the communication would be much more direct and fast, in addition to his costs or plans are somewhat confusing and to know the same You must communicate through calls with your team since they are not on your platform.

Great for Project Management and Beyond

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Human Resources Manager
Medienproduktion, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It takes some time to learn but once you do it can be used for any project management needs and it also is a great collaboration tool to keeping things organized and specific to the tasks at hand rather than the endless email back and forth.

Vorteile: Workfront is a robust project management software tool with a lot of functionality to really streamline work processes. One of the best use cases I used it for was in streamlining repeatable processes such as onboarding. There were over a dozen individual actions that needed to happen when bringing on each individual new hire to get them in systems, set up and ready for day one. Workfront made it seamless to set up the project just once assigning who does what and when, and simply enter in the new hires' info as they were about to start. Then I could track all the tasks as they were completed ensuring nothing was missed.

Nachteile: It is not as intuitive as I would have liked it. Takes some training to understand how it's organized. Especially when it comes to the progress of the project. It almost always looks like it's behind unless you take the time to put in details of the hours each task will take and when it will be completed.

It has given us ability to plan, manage, and measure work based on data

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Faith P.
Technician
Bankwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Sharing of projects is now easy and every member of the team has up to date data on project progress. Moreover, executives look for loopholes to help in easily and monitor progress.

Vorteile: It has given us ability to plan, manage, and measure work based on data which helps organization executives to monitor work in real-time using the data. The most important thing is that their support team worked with us from the beginning to create a platform that best fits our job environment. Now we can easily work in teams as we are able to plan, create and share tasks and projects within the platform and most importantly Workfront was integrated with the softwares that we use on a daily basis. Another benefit is that they offer a free trial for an organization.

Nachteile: The vendor support team took a little bit longer in creating the Workfront platform that could best match our needs but in all it was a success and now we are good.

Long time administrator of AtTask/Workfront

Bewertet am 1.9.2015
Judy P.
Unternehmensberatung
3.5/5

Vorteile: Workfront has allowed our department to fine-tune our projects, which consist of approx. 45-50 projects per year over three selling seasons, all working concurrently. We have been able to integrate our Product Development dept in NYC and our distribution facility in South Carolina, in order to Go to Market in a seamless manner. There is visibility for anyone who needs it and a range of reporting functions.

Nachteile: It can be frustrating to set everything up in a particular manner, only to have it become a 'legacy'. The challenge I've faced as the admin for my company is that it's not my full time job and it can be time-consuming to figure things out at times, or try to configure a work-around to meet our needs. The reporting has improved a lot since we started with the product 7 years ago, but there are still some basic needs that aren't met, such as the fact that there's a beautiful Milestone report, but it's not printable. It is the exact type of report that is most useful for our organization, but it's impossible to print out for our dept meeting, for instance.

Solid program for improving your workflow

Bewertet am 7.10.2019
Dave S.
Technical Training Manager
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Powerful tool in helping control, organize and direct project management. Good for identifying all the tasks involved with a particular project, and assigning responsibilities as to who does what and when.

Vorteile: Workfront is pretty straightforward and easy to use once you get in there and play around with it a bit. It's well-built and powerful in helping you manage all aspects and tasks involved in a project of any size. Like with many software programs, it takes a bit of orientation to figure it all out, but once done...it's a very helpful and beneficial tool to use.

Nachteile: Like with many software programs, it's not super-intuitive when trying to use it "out of the box". Training and tutorials are certainly available, but at least my experience for our team's approach was more of a "jump in and start using" approach, and that can get a bit tricky since not always obvious where to go to find what.

Great project management for creative and marketing departments

Bewertet am 15.10.2019
Jeffrey P.
Digital Marketing Manager
Konsumgüter, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Before Workfront we struggled with paper proofs being routed across desks and edits written in pen. Communication and revisions via email threads connected to digital creative assets were lost. Tracking estimated team hours and keeping projects moving in a linear fashion was barely manageable. Workfront resolved these issues at a mid-level price point for a small to medium-sized business or agency. While some of the bigger enterprise features and integrations may be missing, all the essentials as readily available, easily accessible, and not too difficult to setup.

Vorteile: This digital proofing system is among one of the more intuitive project management platforms I've used. Here are some of the things to like about Workfront: the ability proof web pages with live click throughs, version control, simulated browsers and devices, inline comments, a hierarchy of approvals, and progress taskbar.

Nachteile: Here are things that Workfront could use a little improvement: custom forms, integration to marketing platforms for deliverables on task management calendar (Hubspot specifically), more intuitive gantt charts for tracking team progress, and user views/rights that allow end-users to view and share projects without custom permissions.

Work Front is the one you are looking for

Bewertet am 7.10.2019
Arslan D.
Konsumgüter, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Work front actually aids me when I am overcome with a lot of work. Work front aids me a lot to consume an effective and positive work and plan administration. That method, I can have all my plans finalized in period and without any misunderstanding.

Vorteile: By using work front I gets the authority to modernize all of the needs or tactics and arranges the critical plans. It also assistances me to rise efficiency, collect vital data and work with proficiently as it allows me to chain all my effort in one result. By using the work front it also aids me to achieve a lot of procedures, get all of the reports from my squad. The Work front is one of the advance management podium that I like it because it helps me to arrange all my work in a solo platform.

Nachteile: I ponder that its strategy is not related at all and as far as the supervision of it is linked, education is quite widespread, it needs adequate period to grip it totally and properly. The problem with work front is that it does not bid a lot of branding choices particularly for initiative customers. The issue that the stage can be modified can be a difficulty at the similar time since sufficient period is essential for it.

We use Workfront daily to organize and record our projects.

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Kellie H.
Graphic Designer
Versicherung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I enjoy my experience with Workfront. I have not use other project management sites, so I am hesitant to say it is fantastic as I am not sure if there is another that would surpass it. However, for our needs, Workfront has assisted us in getting our projects done in a timely and organized manner.

Vorteile: I like how we can find all of our projects in one place. It is easy to communicate and send notifications. It is also simple to update the status of projects, edit them, and edit the required content for submitting projects. It is a great asset to our creative team.

Nachteile: At times is is difficult to identify where to find our projects. As of now, there are two pages that display your current projects differently, and that can be confusing. The interface is also outdated.

Workfront Review

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Alanna M.
Sr. Analyst
Telekommunikation, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Workfront has made the project management side of my job super easy.

Vorteile: Workfront makes it super easy to track the progress of projects. It allows me to keep up with the tasks that need to be completed on projects.

Nachteile: The layout and functionality can take some time to get familiar with, and there are still times when I can't figure out how to do something.

PMO take on Workfront

Bewertet am 8.5.2019
Sara T.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am a champion of Workfront for my company, although I am a SME/admin and not responsible for the day to day Workfront use, it was a great experience begin involved in the implementation and owning one of the workstreams. Workfront lets you become a SME and get to know the system so easily, without constantly changing it (or providing straight forward changes that do not interrupt your day to day work.

Vorteile: Going from using four different platforms to manage the intake, planning and execution of projects
(ServiceNow, excel, Smartsheet and Microsoft Project) down to 1 single platform has been a life saver for the teams that I am on for my company. We were able to train our submitters on one system, built our own workflows, and then turned around and trained our PM's on the same system. One Pro I love is that we can make changes and enhancements on the drop of a hat (well, with planning and thought ahead of time), versus ServiceNow, where it took us 2-3 minutes to simply change a field name. I also enjoy the time and attention that Workfront has given to my company, they listen well and problem solve along side us, not just for us,

Nachteile: We are still in the Legacy Resource Planner because we have set up our job roles for each team, so the legacy system lets us set capacity estimates when planning projects (for example, Our Integration team is all under Integration job role, but we allocated 10% of their time in our resource planner towards discretionary projects, which allows us to better plan and prioritize this huge bucket of work). There is no way for us to set capacity %'s for job roles in the new system, without creating new job roles.

Big Fan

Marketing Project Manager
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I started as a planner and then got promoted to a Marketing Project Manager and became the System Admin. Over time I've noticed people staying on track of their assignments better and knowing overall deadlines. Also all communication for the project lives in one place for everyone on the project, so you don't have to be worried about falling out of the loop via emails like before. User adoption is up thanks to great boot camp training for me as a system admin.

Vorteile: I really like the organizational elements. Building templates takes a lot of time, but once they're built, it makes it easy for bulk editing and converting requests into projects. When it was first implemented, the company wasn't on board outside of the Marketing department. After attending Admin Boot Camp, I created a staff training program and now user adoption is much higher. I especially love the legacy of projects. You can refer to previous years for recurring events/projects. Your support team is very nice and professional. Lately your team has offered calls after submitting tickets which I greatly appreciate it. It makes it much clearer on both ends. Also love that all documents, updates, etc. live in one place and not in dozens of offline emails!

Nachteile: The new Home isn't fantastic. There are still a lot of limitations, so the number of clicks are still the same as the legacy version. For example, if they want to refer to a document in the task, they have to click into the task. Also, there's difficulty in seeing all updates made in the task so if you need to reply to a thread, you can't do it. At least our users can't.

Workfront

Heather O.
Marketing Specialist
Umweltdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Workfront is our go-to. We have someone needing something we send them to submit their need through Workfront. IF someone needs to review or approval something, we send it through Workfront. That way we have a trail of information of why we did the things we did or went with the project(s). Its the paper trail. It also took us from having 2-3 hour long status meetings every week to one 30 minute meeting sometimes every week or so. We can summarize much better than running through a multiple page document spreadsheet. It has saved us time and sanity.

Vorteile: I am able to add all my projects and tasks into one location so that my team is aware of what I am working on and my clients can see where their project stands. This is very helpful in case something happens, we often say, if we get hit by "the bus" someone will know where my project is and what to do next.

Nachteile: It was a rough start. The account rep(s) that we have had were not very good at making sure we were happy as a customer or if we had a need. Since we got our remote system admin, it has been amazing. We love our rep!

My favorite project management system by miles

Eliabeth P.
Digital Producer
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've used Workfront with three different companies over the last five years. I've been able to use Workfront to help cut campaign request, approval and building in half, to solve the "everything through email" issue and to manage an extremely high volume of request from internal, external and disparate teams in a large organization that is change resistant. It's been meldable, helpful and honestly fun to learn and grow with Workfront as a company and as a system.

Vorteile: I love that Workfront is easy to configure and change as your organization grows. It's easy to stay up to speed with and make changes based on system changes and your organization changing. I also am in love with the reporting and custom data features. Custom forms and the ability to manipulate them to get data has been invaluable in every organization I've been in to date that has used Workfront.

Nachteile: I don't really have a ton of complaints if the system is configured well. Maybe that there are too many features? It can be a lot to wrap your head around but if you have the time to get to know it it is irreplaceable.

Sys Admin User

Bewertet am 7.11.2018
Andrew K.
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use the tool to manage all website development projects (tasks, assignments, schedule, LOE, performance reporting, team management, etc.) time logging, Agile burndown, Kanban, employee tracking, and billing; pretty much every aspect of our business.

Vorteile: -The ability to customize the software to fit within your business operations. It's not a one size fits all where you have to modify company operations to fit within like other PM software.
-The reporting functionality and the ability to build custom reports
-Once you learn how to use it and get to know the intricacies, textmode is AMAZING! It allows you to build very custom reports, templates, fields, calculations, etc. to meet the needs of your business.
-The support team is great! Having a dedicated support contact with standing weekly 30-minute meetings has been very helpful. Additionally, the "consulting hours" come in very handy when there are items that myself or other system experts within my company can't figure out because they are able to use their knowledge and expertise to get us what we need.

Nachteile: -We submit enhancement ideas or tickets to the product team and feel like they always just get lost in the shuffle. There are a lot of things that we could use but I guess other companies or Workfront don't see the value so our ideas are very slow to be added to their Product Roadmap or come to market.
-It's not the cheapest on the market, that's for sure.
-There is somewhat of a learning curve for new employees at my company trying to learn the software just because it is SO powerful.
-There could be better integrations, specifically with Git.

Helps Streamline Process, Create Accountability

Bewertet am 27.8.2019
Chris M.
Analyst, Content
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Workfront has absolutely changed the way my team works from a process standpoint. Previously, there was no way for us to quantify creative work, evaluate workloads of the creative staff or effectively capture the back and forth that accompanies a creative project. Workfront has solved all of these for us and more.

Vorteile: There's a lot I love about Workfront. As someone who works on the creative services side of the business, Workfront allows for an orderly intake process using its custom forms (a questionnaire) that allows the project manager to identify the exact asks that are being made. Workfront allows us to easily flip requests into full blown projects, using its task feature to assign each user their own role in the larger project. From a creative perspective, I can use agile project management and set tasks to happen concurrently, or waterfall project management and customize tasks so that one task cannot be started until the previous task is complete. Overall, Workfront offers a really clear process that creates the accountability throughout my team's creative process.

Nachteile: The software definitely takes some getting used to. There's a good amount of onboarding that usually takes place to learn the terminology (tasks vs project, dashboards and reports) and from my team's perspective we used our onboarding sessions to customize dashboards for each section of the team. The copywriters have their own dashboard and the designers have theres. So although the complexity is a con, it offers good potential for further customization.

Complete and powerful PM information system with some areas to improve

Bewertet am 22.10.2015
Marketing Projects Manager
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Working in an in-house marketing department, we have been using Workfront for three years to manage our projects and operations. We need overall visibility on all the activities of our department, plus a powerful collaboration platform.
Our main aim using Workfront is to manage the capacity vs workload of our department and to be able to forecast the demand.
Workfront is fulfilling our basic needs, but we feel that there is a lack of ability to create clear dashboards or to have a better visibility of critical task between multiple projects at the same time (which happens when several campaigns overlap).
There are other points to improve (see Cons below), but it seems that folks at Workfront are committed to improve those areas and correct the product weaknesses.

Vorteile: Logging hours is not painful (as it actually sounds), there are several choices to input them and it’s quite easy to get used to the habit.
The collaboration features are very good: comments, sharing if documents, approvals...
Work requests via assignments are clear and provide accountability.
Integrated document proofing and versioning is a must for any creative department and this one works really well.
Workfront support is quick and responses are elaborated, always providing a workaround if there isn't a functionality to match your need.

Nachteile: Reporting is a bit limited; while basic reporting is completely fulfilled and you can present the information in clear graphs, when you try to create complex relations (historic vs forecast, capacity vs demand) things get more complicated, there are limitations and you need workarounds to obtain the desired (or closest to the desired) information.
Sharing of information is cumbersome; although you can send automatic reports by email, it's difficult to distribute more elaborated pieces of information.
Resource management is limited; there are tools in the system, but they are not intuitive and are a legacy of previous versions of the system.
Learning curve is steep, it doesn't take much time to get familiarised with the common request-collaborate actions (which most of the users will do), but it needs much time and training to carry out actual project management processes within the system.

Workfront Great for 'Doers' to monitor their KPI's

Bewertet am 28.12.2018
Christopher M.
Marketing Project Manager
Unternehmensberatung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great product!

Vorteile: This software works great to track your KPI's and to update and monitor your progress on any assignments that are assigned to your and projects you are working on. For simple to-dos and assignments and tasks, etc. it's really effective with a pick list of choices to choose from to update the status, upload files, log hours work, comment, etc. and inform business stakeholders requesting on the progress of a given workfront request. For more thorough projects, it is very detailed and shows the workflow broken down if you know how to set expectations with Project Management tools following the process of PMI (Project Management Institute) or that of the project management profession itself and along the lines of the PMP; such as float and slack time, dependencies on tasks for deliverable's, critical paths, etc. Honestly it's a great tool and I highly recommend it. I use it daily and as long as you take the time to learn and use the tool lit'll help your organization and employees to better manage their workloads in Workfront. For me, it helps track my KPI's and deliverables for various stakeholders and business leaders.

Nachteile: It can be a bit complex at first, especially if you don't have any training. Like anything newly learned, it takes time and if you're not experienced with project management software you may find yourself in a bit of frustration using it.

I was hesitant, but I'm a believer

Bewertet am 7.8.2018
Member Exchange Manager
Gastgewerbe, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'll admit... they sort of had to drag me kicking and screaming into using Workfront. I feared that it was going to be one of those things where it took more time to document/track what you're doing than it took to actually do it. Fortunately that turned out not to be the case. We've found a good balance between tracking things and not having to "feed the beast" all the time.

Vorteile: Workfront is quite versatile for tracking projects and larger workflows. We use it for individual projects, ongoing work efforts, and even tracking ideas for future development. Other areas of our business use it as a request queue as well, which helps us to put in requests with our communication team and even log suggestions for office improvements. A decent (but not mindblowing) reporting suite with text and simple graphic output helps share status updates.

Nachteile: The reporting suite could allow for a bit more freedom; it feels slightly stilted when trying to use it. I also was not a fan of the option to have the software tell you that you're on track or behind. I prefer to assign the status myself as I'm involved with the project more intimately and have more of the big picture. Fortunately that's easily changeable in the project settings. The real cons are honestly self-induced. The temptation is there to track all the minutiae of every little bit of the project. And you certainly can... but it ends up being counterproductive as you spend more time updating than doing. Keep your items lofty and you'll avoid that trap.

Workfront Review

Bewertet am 25.10.2018
Copywriter
Marktforschung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have dozens of projects every day, with different employees in different capacities working on them -- project managers, team leaders, supervisors, editors, writers, graphic designers, proofreaders, strategists. Everyone's input and progress can now be corralled in one place. We have a clear window view in to how the project is going and who might need help with what. Everything is documented in one thread so there is no hiding from a mistake or missed deadline. We can take people outside of the task, like our Legal Department, to get their insight on certain matters.

Vorteile: What I like most about Workfront is the visibility it gives to employees and project managers as they navigate a workload from week to week. If 10 people are working on the same task, they can communicate through Workfront channels with respect to questions, concerns and updates. And everything is documented. So, if a conflict arises, we can just go back through the Workfront thread and see what happens. Documentation is so important, especially when you have dozens of projects going at one time.

Nachteile: It was tough to learn. After a year, I still did not feel like I had it figured it out. The workload queue setup felt wonky to me and I would often grab work from the wrong places because things weren't clearly marked. Also, and maybe this is on our company's IT side of things, it seemed to crash with a certain frequency, or would not normally be available.

Robust and Flexible But Missing a Few Critical Things

Bewertet am 3.9.2015
Kristen C.
Marketing & Werbung
3.5/5

Vorteile: It is very configurable and encompasses the best of both worlds: the traditional project management structure (the project has a life of its own and contains many different kinds of objects), along with lighter object-oriented workflow (comments and approvals associated with specific documents). My product team is very responsive and I've had really great experiences with the remote consultants and help desk. Service is really excellent.

Nachteile: Given the crazy pace of my daily reality, I wouldn't mind a slower rate of change on the product itself. Change is a good thing, and most of them are good, but it changes so frequently that it feels like my team just gets used to the new features and ways of interacting with the product, and then it changes again. Among the things I like LEAST:
-it is impossible to expose the actual file name of new document versions. I can't understand why this is so hard. It should be an option to keep your file naming conventions that are relevant to other systems and are relied on by many users, and still take advantage of the versions features.
-you should be able to be notified when there is a new version added. Again, this one baffles me.
- You should be able to mark a communication URGENT somehow, or set a recurring reminder that can automatically nag people for a response.

Planning software that helps us get the job done

Bewertet am 6.9.2019
Rebecca L.
Founder + CEO
Eventservice, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: A great tool, I love the ease of use and the time it has saved my team!

Vorteile: We have produced hundreds of events and this software is essential to keeping us on time and on budget. The entire company uses it for everything from resource planning, event workflows and automated approvals, to our company-wide operations calendar and staffing. Being able to create customized dashboards to track, in real time, the progress of all of our ongoing projects has led to increased collaboration across our teams and given us time back to focus on our clients. I like the streamlined document proofing capabilities which allows us to eliminate major bottlenecks and reduce unnecessary paper – it all lives in the platform! Every event is different, and the nimble functionality of the platform allows an adaptable environment for our clients while still tracking the necessary metrics of success. The reporting capabilities is terrific, very robust, and most importantly, easy to use. It has everything we need, and even things we didn't know we needed!

Nachteile: Because the platform is so robust there is a healthy learning curve for new employees, dedication to training and maintenance across the full company is needed for successful adoption.

Wonderful way to track your work, communicate and report on almost anything you can dream of.

Bewertet am 2.5.2018
Vic A.
IT Program Manager/Workfront Administrator
Versorgungsunternehmen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It allowed our IT department to go from 5 products to track our work (ITSM, Assana, TFS, MS Project, and Spiratest) to one product where we use it for our Helpdesk, Projects, Agile Teams, Test Cases, and results, and many many dashboards and reports to gauge how we're doing. Now we're able to track our work and if the work belongs to another team we can pass it along without having to recreate it in another tool. The communication function is also been a success for us.

Vorteile: The work tracking, communication and reporting capabilities. Reporting is a misnomer because it's more of a screen view that allows you to dive deeper into the report and the objects in the report. The Communication methods of being able to comment on objects and allow people to respond via email and still append the reply as a log in the object has been a big win for us. Even naysayers now love the product in our organization. The reporting is so powerful I instruct users to develop their dream scenario and I can usually deliver what they want.

Nachteile: From time to time it can get glitchy. They've made great improvements on this over the years and I've had the same issue with other products too (i.e. MS Project used to crash on me once a day). But for the complexity of the product and all the functionality it delivers, it's a very small percentage of time that this occurs.

Using Workfront has made us better.

Bewertet am 22.4.2015
Scott S.
Unternehmensberatung

Vorteile: The interface and usability of the product is second to none. We've been using the software since 2009, choosing it because of the easy-to-use interface. The product has gone through numerous redesigns of the interface, and things have just gotten easier with each release. Our users really like it, and there is a quick turnaround in terms of getting started and using the product. The functionality of the software also gives us more than just a shared Gantt chart for projects. It really has given us the ability to manage all our work and be more productive.

Nachteile: The vendor assigns customer success coordinators (CSCs) to each customer which is basically an account rep. The company itself has gone through various leadership changes, and as a result there has been many reorganizations of the staff. As a result, we have had many different CSCs and really have not had the opportunity to get to know our representative and our representative getting to know us well. Everyone has been great, but the inconsistency on account reps gets frustrating.

My experience with Workfront has been fantastic.

Bewertet am 1.5.2015
Narayan R.
IT Manager
Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Vorteile: The software is extremely intuitive, very interactive and intelligently designed. It supports the many different approaches to work management and is highly flexible. The API also provides endless opportunity for enterprise integrations. The reporting is very powerful. The training offerings are extremely useful. Quarterly roadmap webinars provide administrators with a great overview of future functionality. The vendor is great to work with. The sales reps, client success consultants, delivery consultants, trainers and support staff are all very helpful in working through issues until they are resolved. Progress on requests is highly visible through their requests interface. The response times for all types of requests, whether direct email or within the support site, are responded to in a timely fashion.

Nachteile: I least like the fact that the product was rebranded. I also do not like some of the limitations of the amounts of data that can be reported out of the system. While the reporting interface is very powerful, the application struggles to provide reports when large amounts of data are being reported on. The sandbox environments are very slow, which results in very little use of them. If they performed well, they would be used much more by our users and administrators for testing. Regarding the vendor, I sometimes feel like there are known issues, bugs or limitations within the software that should be addressed.