Über AbacusLaw

AbacusLaw ist eine schlüsselfertige, vollständig integrierte Case-Management-Lösung für Unternehmen aller Größen in allen Kanzleibereichen und Jurisdiktionen.

Erfahre mehr über AbacusLaw

I'm happy with the integration of all the different elements of managing a file. It plays well with other software and that is crucial to operations.

Pop up features that I do not use are annoying and difficult to turn off.

Bewertungen zu AbacusLaw

3,7
3,9
3,8
3,6

AbacusLaw hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,9 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 374 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du AbacusLaw bereits verwendet?

Tera
Tera
Paralegal in USA
Rechtsberatung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

AbacusLaw User

Kommentare: This program has been very user friendly. Info is easy to add or delete from a file in this program. It keeps issues very organized. Tabs can be customized to your firm.

This software allows us to keep our client's files organized. We can tailor this program to what we need in our client's files based on what out firm does, and/or what type of case it is. We can keep up with our calendars and everyone can log in from wherever they are and see the daily organizer for all or individuals. It allows us to keep notes in files, monitors for conflicts, and is very useful for setting ticklers to use as reminders. I find it very useful that it keeps up with all the players and their info under "linked names". Also keeps up w/ events, docs, & emails in one place.

If things are moved on the main drive, it breaks the links in abacus and they are no longer able to be found or traced if whomever moves the doc or breaks the link doesn't make a new one at that time.

Assly
CEO/Senior Attorney in USA

This Saved My Business

As a small law firm you would think that software and a private cloud are luxuries reserved only for "big" firms but you are wrong. To be efficient, organized, avoid malpractice, and spend more time billing and less time on admin, a small firm needs legal software like AbacusLaw. When I wanted to add staff, the Abacus Private Cloud let all of my team utilize the AbacusLaw software with ease, from home and from other states where I am also licensed. And when COVID-19 hit, it was the AbacusLaw software and the Abacus Private Cloud that let us continue work uninterrupted, serving clients and not having to lay off a single person.

I wish there was a way to keep two separate books of business in AbacusLaw's accounting software since many small law firms are not "traditional" firms but several separate solo practitioners working together but with different accounting. The only "bad" part about having such a versatile and essential piece of software is on the occasion where it isn't working life seems to end. It has become indispensable. If that is a "con" that would be the biggest one!

Michelle
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Worst Experience Ever. If I could give zero stars I would!

Kommentare: Do not make the mistake of believing that this product will do anything for you other than cause you countless hours of grief.

Any pros of this software are so far outweighed by the cons that they are not worthy of even mention.

This software is absolutely horrible. I had high hopes for this software after having been given rave reviews about Amicus Attorney and calling to get more information. The salesperson convinced me that after describing my firm's needs, we were better suited for Abacus, which was owned by the same company. After purchasing the software, it took more than 8 months for them to figure out how to migrate our data from our existing billing software, a process that they represented they were very familiar with during the sales calls. When we finally made the transition to this software we quickly learned that it is not at all user-friendly, they provide no guidance on how to use the software or how to set it up, large portions of data mysteriously changes by itself (today the originating attorneys on hundreds of our chases mysteriously changed to reflect the names of our support staff members). The calendaring system is supposed to be able to sync seamlessly with Outlook. This is a joke. Items randomly disappear from attorneys' calendars or appear on the wrong attorneys calendars, when entered. Some items sync from Abacus to Outlook and others don't with no rhyme or reason. Their call center is horrible. You cannot get the same person on the phone twice, and you cannot request to speak with a particular person so there is no consistency of service. Each time you call to describe a problem you are having, you have to start from the beginning because they do not keep any records of your past calls. The people who answer the phone have no idea how the software works and always tell you that they have to research your question and get back to you. Oftentimes you never receive a call back and when you do they still don't know how to assist you. I could go on and on...

Marie

All the Bells and Whistles

Kommentare: I have been an AbacusLaw users since I opened my own firm in 2006. I have used the software and switched to APC. I went briefly with a competitor for four months because of the cost difference and learned quickly: you get what you pay for. I promptly switched back to Abacus and determined that the APC was worth it.

The ease of use, the triple reconciliation feature, and the linking items to client matters.

I wish the calendar syncing feature with Google calendar/Outlook was easier and not manually required. I also wish the price point was lower for small firms. It's just me and a paralegal.

Waringa
Partner in Kenia

Abacus Law - A Year In

Kommentare: We wanted a product that allowed us to have a 360 view on our productivity, profitability, case management and accounting software. Abacus has provided us with this in one package.

The time ticket and notes functions have increased our accuracy and efficiency in billing, and provide attorneys and partners with the ability to provide clients with accurate status reports on their matters. The document management function mean that teams can access all information quickly. The software allows partners to track their teams productivity and evaluate work in progress.

The software does not provide for multiple currency databases - although Abacus built several for us. The outlook function is not so stable and with us use several currency databases, you have to keep switching the outlook function in each database. The reports format takes some getting used to - they would be easier to use if they could be downloaded as excel spreadsheets.

Laurie
Law Office Administrator in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good not Great, but what is...

Kommentare: Our billable hours have increased, due to the ease of use of the timekeeper processes.

Linking ability between names, matters, the calendar and to email.

Least favorite is so ironic. In Abacus Accounting retainers are painstaking and excruciatingly burdensome to keep track of and requires manual allocation to timekeepers.

Lauren
Office Manager in USA

Legal Software Tracker

Kommentare: Since using AbacusLaw calendaring for trials and deadlines is much easier than before

Relatively easy to use and set up. Calculates trials, deadlines for various reports and court filings

The thing I dislike the most about AbacusLaw is the creating of new reports takes more computer knowledge then it should.

Partner in USA

Do not buy AbacusLaw Case Management Software

Kommentare: Abacus is a disappointment and I strongly recommend against using it. The support blames its customer and Microsoft Abacus' failures. Our program crashes constantly and the supposed case management and document management features are too complicated to use. The phone calendar and contact updates no longer work, which was a major purchase consideration when we purchased Abacus. Now the company will not support its outdated system and is using its failure to extort upgrades from its long-term customers. We started using Abacus over five years ago and experienced many headaches thought that term. Now the system constantly crashes. As an example, for the past week or so we have not been able to add new client contacts or calendar events. Imagine trying to run a law office and you cannot open a file or put an event on the calendar. Abacus support was rude and cavalier about our problems and tried to put the blame on Microsoft Windows 10 and blamed our office for deleting something on our computer -- an utter impossibility. I cannot strongly impress upon anyone considering teaming up with Abacus my disappointment and hope you will steer clear of AbacusLaw.

The company seems to have abandoned us. We purchased AbacusLaw five years ago and now the program keeps crashing and the rude support personnel blame us for using an outdated version which Abacus says it is trying to faze out an no longer support. We bought the program because it offered case management and document management capabilities, and automatically updated contacts and calendar on the phone. Over the years, we constantly needed to contact support because the calendar and contact update functionality constantly broke down. Now the software crashes all of the time. I could not enter new clients nor could I make calendar entries for the past five (5) days. I called support and they complained that Abacus no longer wants to support this version and claimed my staff must have "deleted something" -- which is an impossibility! and the support blames Microsoft updates. We are beyond frustrated with Abacus. The program is so poorly designed there is no way to utilize many of the features it claims to have. Frankly we gave up on linking documents, producing case management reports, etc. because the software is too complicated to understand. Abacus now wants to up-sell us on its new software products and the pricing could not be more noncompetitive. I sincerely discourage anyone from using Abacus Law and this is the advice from a long term user who gave Abacus an honest and fair chance.

Laiba
Law practice in Saudi-Arabien
Anwaltskanzlei, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

AbacusLaw

For me, the software runs without a hitch. There are many functions, some of which I haven't yet fully utilized.The scheduling tool is fantastic and very flexible to my needs. Most functionalities are simple to learn how to use. You can carry your job everywhere you go thanks to it.Additionally, the application has a fantastic client database with notes .

This software usage is effective. apart from The only drawback I can mention is that updating can occasionally be a horrific experience.

vor 9 Monaten

Laiba, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of AbacusLaw. We love hearing from happy customers like you!

Support going down hill

Kommentare: I've been 10 year plus user and beta tester; support was excellent before they become AbacusNext. Now they have so many products to support that the level one folks just don't have answers to anything but simple questions. Also you cannot get them on the phone in most cases or if you do it is after a very long wait (up to 30 minutes).

Full featured product with links to Outlook.

Support used to be excellent when you had a question; due to company growth and buying other business it is no longer possible to get phone support in a timely manner. When you get it and it is complicated issue level one isn't able to solve the problem as in the past.

Thomas
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Program for the 1970s law firm - Garbage if you are practicing law in present era!

Kommentare: Forced subscription model on an outdated program. The program had difficulty with a 4-person law firm. There were numerous issues with duplicate contacts, duplicate emails, multiple scheduling issues, and failed to easily integrate with other applications such as Outlook 2016. We also were forced onto a subscription model, costing approximately $300/month. We received zero updates during that time, despite numerous complaints to the sales team. We purchased a high-end server ($4,000) to run Abacus, thinking the hardware was the cause of the latency issues. This solved nothing. At the end of our contract, our salesperson told us that the software would continue to function, but support would be terminated. This was a lie. The software was restricted to read-only mode and we were locked out of our data. We were then given the option of paying a $275 reinstatement fee, plus increased monthly fees to get the software up and running on our own server again. This was the last straw and we migrated to a much better solution. Abacus is an outdated system that requires significant upkeep. The hardware requirements are not included in their pricing model. Their hosted solution was also garbage, as it failed to integrate with the local programs. Their software is incredible slow and simple tasks (such as printing an invoice) takes 5-10 minutes to accomplish. I would stay away from this product at all costs. One final warning, because their system is so outdated, once you start entering data, it cannot be exported to be migrated to a new system. Their poor design forces you to remain on their system or feel the pain of a weeks long migration system. Again, stay away from this outdated system at all costs.

Nothing. It is complete garbage. It is outdated and shouldn't be on the market.

Poor design, simple tasks are overly complicated, they force an over-priced subscription model, doesn't integrate with other programs, does not integrate directly with phone calendars, created duplicate entries for contacts, cannot migrate data.

Antwort von CARET

Capterra is a distinguished platform for users to share reviews of software products, and we respect the forum as a place for serious technical reviews made without self-interest or aggrandizement. The tone and tenor of your review indicates that you are very unhappy with our product, and while we would love to have you stay with us, we want you to make the best decision for your firm. We would be happy to help remedy your situation. At your earliest convenience, please contact us at 858-882-1794F. Cheers, Abacus

Lisa
Paralegal in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

You Really Don't Want to Know!

Kommentare: It was great until we were forced to upgrade.

Ease of use. Accessibility for all paralegals and attorneys for file information.

After we upgraded, AbacusLaw has been terrible! It changed the decade from "19" to "20" in all client birth years, which will have to be corrected manually. It now locks people out on a frequent basis, occasionally limits their access (will not let them edit notes they have already entered). I was told by an Abacus Support Tech and our company's IT person that Abacus is not meant to be opened and left open. We have been told we need to only open it to do what needs to be done, then close it back out. To leave it open (and we are not even talking about overnight), will cause it to lock up and refuse to allow anyone but the administrator (me to get into it.) I then have to contact our IT guy and spend time that I don't have to get it closed down and re-opened. It is so frustrating on the part of every one of us who uses it!! It is a pain to have to log into Abacus just to check an address, get a telephone number, etc., then log out, only to have to log back in a little later, and on and on.

Antwort von CARET

Hi Lisa, We'd love to help you get set up properly. When was the last time you up updated the software? We have had a few updates recently and I'd like to help escalate your issue and have an expert make sure you are all set. Let me know! Sincerely, The AbacusNext Team

mary
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The program has become worst than ever!

Kommentare: The program always had issues but over the last year or two, the customer service has been dismal and the problems have been increasing. When the problems have to do with accounting records, it is very impactful and time consuming to fix. It has been a disruption to our daily work without any resolution to the existing issues.

The program strives to assist with case management, billing and accounting - all within one program, but falls VERY short of achieving its intended goals.

It is the worst time-consuming inefficient and ineffective program I have had to work with. I've dealt with them for over 12 years and it is getting worst rather than better. It has cost me more money in lost time than I have paid for the program itself. Customer service is also horrible, with no responses being received as to emails, calls, scheduled appointments being missed, etc. The program glitches are a daily issue that slows down work productivity. Unfortunately having all of our records in the program makes the jump to another program complicated so best advice: do not use ABACUS!

vor 7 Monaten

Hi Mary, we're very sorry to hear that your experience with AbacusLaw is not living up to your expectations. We will be sure to pass along this feedback to our team and use it to continuously improve our services.

Kate
Managing Attorney in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Abacus Law is not a good product

Kommentare: Really terrible. We have had an unworkable system and yet we are expected to still pay $860 a month and they have our prior cloud services and files held hostage and refuse to release files. DO NOT USE ABACUS LAW!

We have had the worst customer service. The program has constant problems (not synching, billing is a nightmare, lost entries) and it has cost my firm $100k in lost billing and administrative time on hold trying to reach the support team.

Billing, mobile app, customer service,. In fact, I can’t think of a single aspect of this program that has worked well without issue or that I would say I liked.

Antwort von CARET

Hi Kate, We are so sorry to hear you've had a bad experience. I have raised your concerns to our client services leadership team. We would like to make sure you are set up properly for success with our solutions. Sincerely, The AbacusNext Team

Jane
Administrative Coordinator in Kanada
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good but could be improved in certain areas

Kommentare: We need to store a lost of data related to the health care sector. Abacus was not designed for our specific needs but we have incorporated our needed information into your field ranges. Its not perfect but works.
We bought your product mostly because of the email feature. That has not worked well.

It captures all of the data we need. The queries work well. Your support team is fairly fast to respond and when they do respond most of the people we have dealt with speak English quite well. As a person with hearing issues, this is extremely important to me.

The emailing feature needs to be improved. Constant issues with trying to add links, photos, logos or graphics, can't add attachments. We do a mass newsletter monthly and almost always have issues. We want our newsletters to look better more eye catching but with this program we can only send boring basic emails with little chance of catching the readers attention. If we want to do something with graphics, logos, links, or add attachments we have to do a query and export the email addressing into an excel spreadsheet then do batches of emails in Outlook. This is our biggest complaint with Abacus.

Louise
Costs Lawyer and North West Regional Manager in UK

Ongoing diffciulties

Kommentare: As usual, Customer support was very helpful. He called when he said he would and did his best to resolve the issues over which he had control. Where the issues related to Amicus and he could not resolve them himself, he has pointed me in the right direction so that at least I can try to get them resolved in the future if he can’t do so whilst I am on annual leave. In my view, Customer support assistance is really the only redeeming feature of the support provided, with no one else showing any real interest in helping me. The product could be excellent but is let down by speed and support issues. Now I only bother to contact Customer support as he is the only person who has really shown any interest in trying to resolve issues.

The product has a number of useful features which make it good for use in legal work. The ability to store all documents and correspondences within a file and send them by email or move them to different files are excellent, as is the ability to generate template documents and amend as necessary

The product is often slow and cumbersome to use, with numerous glitches which never seem to get resolved. we are based in the UK and were told that we would have 24 hour support, but this simply hasn't happened. I have had some issues with Outlook, copying and pasting and documents not attaching to emails for three months now and, whilst Customer support has made every attempt to try and sort these out, he is only able to do so during US working hours (which means from around 3pm UK time) and, despite his commitment and many efforts, the problems are still not resolved which, I understand, is because there is a bug for which there is so far no fix.

M Patricia
Manager in

DO NOT FALL FOR THIER EXCELLENT SALES PITCH

Kommentare: This was probably the worst decision I have made in my 38 year career. Our firm is still not operational and we've been working with them for six months. The main issue is that Abacus will not connect from San Diego to Colorado: the internet based program shuts down suddenly and your work is missing if you have not saved it on your server (outside of the Abacus program). This is a problem if you are on a deadline. When we brought that to Abacus attention, they blamed a third party connection. We had our IT guy call the third party but because we are not customers of the third party, they would not talk to us. So basically we are paying for a program that does not work AND Abacus wont fix it or even contact the third party with whom they contract for the connection. Furthermore, the migration of my billing program to Abacus billing was a nightmare as Abacus loaded the trust account into the operating account as a credit, i.e. zero in trust. Once they sorted that out, the billing program would not accept payments from clients. My bookkeeper was on the phone with Abacus techs for countless hours trying to work that out to no avail. Finally I sent them a certified letter terminating the contract for cause and guess what? Action! now I had ten technicians working on the multiple issues trying to get it all resolved. But that took time and my attorneys were required to spend literally hours on the phone with these guys. Billable hours lost, meant they did not get their bonuses this month, as well as the firm lost revenue. To make matters worse, the response from Abacus was that it was our fault because our attorneys were non responsive: a complete lie, unless you want to complain that sometimes our attorneys are in court handling actual client matters and cannot be on the phone with them while they are doing actual attorney work. Emails are still floating in cyberspace, not received. Printers don't work. etc etc. My choice is to litigate in another state -- completely untenable. Don't be stupid. Upgrade your server and stick with your current billing program.

Great sales pitch. If the program worked, it is a lawyers dream. It doesn't.

The program does not connect and shuts down. Then you cannot do anything. It does not operate.

Alissa
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Abacus Law is not user friendly, but it is very usefull

Kommentare: Overall, I use it daily and rely on it. I have had some frustrations with it's interaction with outlook and emails. I have had frustrations as outlined above. I do like it, but wish it were more intuitive and usefull in that way.

I like the ability to track action and save emails and contact for each client. Also, to track deadlines and tickles on the calendar.

Use of the reports (figuring out correct useful report or creating report), integration with merging letters and documents, and customizing the screens is extremely cumbersome, difficult, time consuming and is not intuitive. I spent several hours as well as time on the phone and on the learning video figuring out merging form letters and documents. However, when I did figure it out, I found out that some of the Word Documents will not work with abacus. I am still not able to determine why some work and some don't. I don't have time to spend on additional document creation. I also had a deadline not show up on the DEADSOL report because it was coded slightly differently. This is major problem if minor coding error makes the deadline invisible.

Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Worst Customer Service Ever. Overcharged me. Kept charging me after I cancelled service.

Kommentare: It allowed us to move from a paper calendar to a electronic one. I cannot think of anything that is an upgrade from paper files except that.

Our needs were minimal and this software met most of those minimal needs.

Screens are not customizable. We asked repeatedly for the ability to make custom buttons so that we could execute tasks on each Client without going through their rigorous protocols. After several years and release updates, custom buttons never made it. It seems they don't want users to alter the product so that it best fits the users needs. They are very rigid. At the term of our contract they began billing me at 4 times our agreed rate with no notice. Not once did they disclose the amount they were going to charge and it cannot be found anywhere in their emails, website, etc. For that matter, they could have charged me $1 million a month. In any event, when I told then I did not want do business with such a dishonest company and cancel any service agreement with them, they kept charging my bank card. I finally had to cancel my bank card to stop the charges. Worse than AOL and Comcast.

VP/Managing Partner in USA

Been with them for almost 10 years and each version gets better and better

Kommentare: Most important... CONSOLIDATION! Abacus Law integrated the case management, "tickler" by rule, forms, contacts, matter, ACCOUNTING AND BILLING, all into a single easy to use and learn package. Changes in one area and iterated throughout the software. We almost never and disparate or duplicate data. Well Done!

Ease of use, consistency in operation, great support. In nearly our entire use, different versions and our transition to the "cloud" last year, our up-time has been nearly 99%. I was worried about transitioning to APC (cloud), but the support and transition and setup was painless and well executed. Our employees barely noticed the difference, but for, the Remote Desktop link... Very well done!

There are a few very minor custom things, but overall, nothing worth mentioning. As I said, I have been a happy customer for about 10 years, seen the growing pains, and various upgraded and improvements, each being better than the previous. We've been quite pleased.

Antwort von CARET

We appreciate your enthusiasm and thank you for your feedback! It has been a pleasure to serve you over the past decade.

Sharenda
Business Administrator in USA

Abacus - a comprehensive program

Kommentare: Overall Abacus has saved me a tremendous amount of time. Prior to its use, we were using three programs to do the work of Abacus, which meant entering basic information in three different programs and inputting data from one program into another to run reports, do billing, etc. Abacus has saved us a great deal of time.

I like the fact that Abacus Law and Abacus Accounting work so well together. Everything integrates nicely which saves me a lot of time. I also like the fact that tech support is local (in San Diego), speaks English, and is (almost) always available.

Our software developed a "glitch" quite some time ago and neither tech support, nor the engineering staff, were able to resolve it. It's still there, and it keeps throwing me error messages, but the program works in spite of it. Our main complaint is that we would like to upgrade to the new version of Abacus, but it does not work offline, so we've had to stay with the older version. (Internet in our area of town goes down frequently, and our practice is very Abacus-dependent.)

Angela
Legal Assistant in USA

Abacus makes accounting easy.

Abacus has everything we need for our daily functions and makes basic accounting easy. We can access our client's many different ways (i.e.: name, matter, ID). I love the way the top bar is set up. The icons are used daily. I can print out reports for the partner within seconds. Easy transfer of funds from one client to another.

Sometimes when updates are made, there are problems with the monthly billing and client payments. After inputting the time tickets, sometimes the program freezes up and we need to shut down the system a couple of times and even need to call customer services for help. Also, when printing the invoices, even though I put them in alpha order, when they print out, they print out numerically or even one time recently just printed out (255 bills) in no methodical way. The same thing happens when inputting client payments. Instead of allowing me to input what I want to input, if I mark an invoice or invoices.

Dominic
Partner in USA

Abacus

Kommentare: Great case management solution. Makes practice automation much easier. I've been a user since 2006 because it works!

Abacuslaw is easy to use (even for lawyers), easy to setup and provides a central case management solution incorporating everything our practice needs from document generation and management, diary/calendar (rules-based features too to help with case workflow), email integration, etc. It is versatile enough to keep us on top of our litigation work (95%) of our practice, but we can also customize its features to handle our estates/real estate files. Keep up the good work.

I generally hate software that requires an ongoing subscription or nickels and dimes you for every added feature, but Abacuslaw is tolerable in that regard.

Brandie
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Abacus Law has its ups and downs.

Kommentare: I do not think I would recommend it. I would change software but for the time consuming nature or changing billing software.

Adding billing entries to a client's account is easy and very user friendly.

There are issues with the accounting features, and sometimes adding a credit or correcting a mistake made in prior billing cycles compounds past issues.

Timothy
Shareholder in USA
, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Abacus Law with APC lets me work anywhere with complete control of my office and my cases.

With APC I can work from home in the morning, go to the office and log in again right where I left off without having to maintain expensive servers. Tech support has been very responsive and always available whenever we have a problem, which is not very often. The features of Abacus Law are completely customizable to suit the needs of my practice. There are lots of great tutorials and other online resources to help us get the most from Abacus Law.

We had used Amicus Attorney for many years but wanted a full featured program that integrated case management with accounting. The transition to Abacus Law was not as easy as I had hoped and took a considerable amount of time. However, the transition team was great to work with and stayed with the project until they were able to successfully convert my data. Also, compared to Amicus, the user interface with Abacus Law is not as intuitive and has a bit of a learning curve. However, overall it is a more robust and feature rich product.