MarketDirect StoreFront Erfahrungen

Über MarketDirect StoreFront

MarketDirect StoreFront von EFI ist eine E-Commerce-Web-to-Print-Lösung für Druckereien und Vermarktungsteams.

Erfahre mehr über MarketDirect StoreFront

Good user support forums. It has integrated well with our PrintSmith Vision install.

Sometimes the setup of a new site can be tedious. There are a lot of areas that you need to setup and sometimes it can get a little confusing.

Bewertungen zu MarketDirect StoreFront

3,6
4,0
3,9
3,7

MarketDirect StoreFront hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,1 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 102 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du MarketDirect StoreFront bereits verwendet?

Hochschulbildung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best Web to Print Option Available

Kommentare: Our experience with EFIMarket Direct has been exceptional. Tech support team has always been very engaged on finding solutions to problems to every day problems. They have developed two custom reports which have been very helpful. And they are always on call when we upgrade (we're self hosted). It's one of the big reasons I recommend this software.

The thing I like most about the software is that it is built for selling custom printed products. Any other run of the mill e-commerce option will not have any level of option needed for printers. (From simple things such as impressions, and page counts, to complicated things such as variable data and mailing lists) Also, other e-commerce print solutions do not allow you to customize products like MarketDirect StoreFront. We have previewed other options in the past and StoreFront is always the clear winner. From being able to have multiple cost sheets, easily building products and specs, options for layouts, and gathering data from queries and reports. Nothing else comes close.

I wish we had easier options to change colors and headers/footers of the site layouts. Our University has a specific color pallet required for departmental sites; I have to do a lot of custom work just to change banner colors. Also, some layouts look a little outdated. For a site to be trusted by the user; it should have a more modern esthetic. Last but not least, I wish the product views would show bleed - and if the document doesn't fit the page selected it would be great if it showed an error and ask the user to pick a larger page size.

Chad
Director of IT in USA
Druck, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A very good software package that could be best in class with the right core adjustments

Kommentare: Overall I consider MDSF a really good product, with a lot of potential for truly being best in class. We have hitched our wagon to MDSF, although at the time it was mostly due to being integrated with other EFI products. From a strictly web-2-print system, there are others I've used that I prefer based on certain customer requests and features. From an personnel interaction standpoint, I have nothing but positive things to say about MDSF. The team is great and over the past 1-2 years, the direction of the product seems to be going in a really positive direction.

The software package has been very stable for us, which is very important. Many features are in place that we enjoy using that do not require being purchased ala carte, so you don't feel like you're being nickeled and dimed. Over the past 1-2 years, several of the enhancements and upgrades have really gone in the right direction for small - medium sized businesses and solved holes in the EFI solutions model (i.e. MDSF Fulfillment, being able to add a customer to a product for filtering, the new UI experience). Support has always been great for the product when we have needed it, and professional services has always been great when needed.

There are some foundational pieces which MDSF was built upon that are definitely showing their age. Having your profile address fields and the checkout shipping address fields tied to the same requirements checkbox doesn't make a ton of sense as the purposes of these fields are completely different in many cases. Another thing is only having 5 customizable fields for user profiles. Another is the tiers features are assigned to. For instance, the 5 customizable fields referenced above are setup on a global level (i.e. if one customer is required to have that field filled in, every customer is required to have that field filled in). Having billing and shipping options on a company level instead of a group level. (we've had several customers who want customer admins to be able to see all shipping addresses and edit the address, while an end-user can only change the company and contact name fields and not change the address or be able to see all the addresses. In addition, customer admins may be able to pay with PO’s whereas end users must pay using a credit card.) The overall ability to import and export things. Whether it's products, orders, address lists, users, etc. fully supported both ways. Some QOL features, such as being able to copy an existing storefront should be a fairly simple thing then adjust it for another customer (or to use as a backup) would be a welcome improvement.

Thomas
Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

MDSF Review

Kommentare: I inherited MDSF when I started at AHS, but have work extensively to correct issues from when it was set up and have a goal of a completely automated workflow from user order entry to order delivery. So far, MDSF has been able to help in achieving this on the order entry side. We have reworked all our products, over 2500 active, to be able to auto submit all static products and have them pushed directly to our Fiery based DFE equipment. In addition, we have used hot folders and Fiery DFE so we can submit all Ad Hoc products. We still have some stumbling blocks, but are pushing to have them fixed and currently have about 85% of our orders automated.

Flexibility to create products. Ease of use for users. Comprehensive operator view. Have had a great Professional Services Consultant that has help train me and given direction to achieve our goals for web-to-print and integration.

Lack of support for NCR, pads and certain booklets. Time consuming to set up. Need professional services to help with set up and that gets expensive. Many issues that have been encountered and reported to support are still issue. So far, Version 11 is a step backward. Too many issues, features either don't work or aren't available from previous versions.

Jesse
Sr. Business Systems Analyst in USA
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Works well

Kommentare: For the most part it's been great. Updates occur regularly and we see improvements.

Setup and deployment was easy. Customizability was pretty good, and people on campus use it daily.

It is advertised to integrate well with PrintSmith Vision, but we have issues with communication between both systems that requires employees to go in and fix tickets frequently. Price changes have to be added to both systems because one doesn't push to the other.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: PressWise

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MarketDirect StoreFront: Integration with PrintSmith was the biggest selling point.

Janice
Communication Rep in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

my store front experience

Kommentare: Our customers like using the ordering systems and can easily see the product they need to order.

I love the integration of our products into our store front. Easy for our customers to order and for us to implement. There is a learning curve at the beginning, but once you have created your templates, adding products is easy.

The learning curve in setting up templates is challenge. Not an easy task for the average person.

Shane
Prepress/IT Manager in USA

Storefront

Kommentare: The software is not what we were shown in the demo and we struggled along to find out we were sold the hosting option but it would not allow the custom reporting our customers needed so we were switched to a self-hosted option almost a year into our struggle.

It offered a lot of features and some customization.

It is so customizable it's hard to pin down or complete what is needed. It is like wanting illustration software from Adobe and they give you the programming language to write it yourself.

Andrew
CEO in USA

Success in the making!!

Kommentare: The time it took to set up the framework for Printsmith Vision and Market Direct Store Front was significant.
However, the time spent has been well worth it. The benefits are paying Great Dividends today!!
After years of false starts with other Web Building tools my experience with EFI and Market Direct Storefront has been EVERYTHING that I was looking for!!
In less than 4 months we were trained and able to build multiple Store Fronts.

Integration of Market Direct Storefront (MDSF) with Printsmith Vision (PSV) created a Very Nice Automated path to production. This saves us Hours every day by eliminating the need to interpret email and telephone orders to create Job Tickets. Manual entry was error prone and slowed the process of getting jobs into production. The integration with our Fiery is also Automated and eliminates the need for the operator to set up the Rip. It already knows the Rip Settings and Quantity so the operator mounts the requested paper and releases it to Print. We also use MDSF for our Sign Shop, Garment Shop, and Advertising Specialty divisions. EFI is doing a lot of work to make Market Direct Storefront a leader in the market. Thank You EFI.

We create Store Fronts for many Clients who's users don't need to know about our production facilities. I'd like to see a simple Administrative way to customize each Store Front with unique Contact info where our print shop is anonymous. I'd also like to send the Order Notification from each Store Front to different email locations in a readable format so that Our Customer can see that Their Users have placed orders. EFI Communities is a HUGE step in the right direction for Tech Support but there are times when 24/7 access to support would have been a savior for me. I nearly lost a client because I didn't have access to immediate technical information to get their Store Front to perform correctly. It's becoming quite competitive out there and we need all the help we can get to be the best. I know that this is a Tall Order, and a significant cost, for EFI but other Store Front builders do this and as a Market Leader EFI should consider it. With so many Good reasons to choose EFI this may be the weakest link I found.

thomas
Ecommerce in USA

Just what we needed!

Kommentare: I personally am willing to discuss further how well it works and what it all can do as i am so pleased with EFI and there willingness to help anytime. We have the backing of a powerful team and that makes me feel very comfortable. Again the user experience is so easy to navigate that up selling and selling to market segments never has been so easy.

The best part of Market Direct Storefronts is that all our customers say that it is so easy to navigate making training a non issue. When users can navigate easily it makes them use it more! We were able to merge this system together with the EFI MIS we are using to run our business streamlining job creation and billing considerably. Same goes for the build(s) very intelligent software and easy to prepare sites. We probably use 75% of what the system currently has available to us; only because we haven't had the customer requests. The software has many further options that we are still using as requested by our customers.

We have had customers come up with a few challenges for the software but we usually find either a workaround using storefront options or reach out to EFI service people and they can either help immediately or have professional services build or add to an upcoming software update.

Del
Operations Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

My view through the healthcare lens

Kommentare: My overall experience is good. Implementation and transition from EFI webhosted to on premise took way to long to move and it seemed that we were running into things that had never happened before. The product is good when set up correctly. You all are going through major updates and changes. This is positive for your customers. A new approach to roll outs, documentation and streamlined access to help when you use an additional EFI product such as PSV would be so helpful.

I appreciate that it has a look and feel of an amazon type experience. Customers in health care don't know or understanding printing. They want easy or shall I say intuitive experiences that remind them of something that they've done before on common ecommerce sites.

I think that the maintenance of the store front from the "administer" side needs some improvement. The Admin area seems somewhat outdated. Limited in some respects of what other similar products offer in the space of day to day upkeep. My organization has to engage a freelance person who has experience with the tool to simply do things that should be simple but are really complex.

IT Manager in USA
Druck, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great at what it does, not flexible for what it doesn’t.

Kommentare: We were able to replace ~40 websites with one DF license. It’s improved turn around time for website changes and streamlined pricing and product creation.

Integrates well with Pace, but can stand on its own if needed. For the products it handles, DSF is first in class. It works amazingly well at building products and pricing correctly.

The print industry is constantly evolving and I’m not sure how well DSF is keeping up. It doesn’t handle products like semi-customizable tshirts with any amount of grace. Even building a book where cover and text are printed separate is a little cumbersome and a weird end-user experience, at least if it’s connected to Pace.

George
Prepress Manager in USA
Druck, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Underlying customer service with personalized customer sites.

Kommentare: The personalized customer sites have allowed us to gain more of the print business from every client using this product. We simply create what they are asking for so it can be reordered easily online through their own website. More revenue, and increased productivity.

The ability to personalize an ordering process specific to one customer allows us to build a relationship and trust without additional customer service personnel or sales staff. Once the site is in place the customer can order their own products, approve them, and include special instructions on a job ticket that is emailed directly to production without the help from our staff ( reducing costs and increasing efficiency).

Design tools for creating art within the storefront are limited and require extra training of our customers and in house users.

Michelle
Director of Accounting in USA

Sense of Urgency

Kommentare: At the moment - getting a report of payment history to pull more than 1000 items. I had to file a case to get this and waiting to get the results to provide to my customer. Day 3 of waiting. I wish there were maybe a technical drop down menu that would possibly walk me thru doing this on my own. This would allow me to provide the results to my customer very timely rather than waiting days. Each case that I have personally filed have been answered but it is the waiting for the results or how-to.

Very user friendly, works very well and never experience lags or delays daily on creating invoices.

I feel that some of the features should allow us to make changes to so we don't have to create a case each time. For example - creating queries for reports.

Zach
PrePress Designer in USA

Ease of use with EFI MarketDirect StoreFront

Kommentare: Overall, MarketDirect StoreFront's are the future of easy and simple ordering in our industry. Customers can see the real time cost and order their product and that allows us (the printer) to see what they are needing and increase our response time from a few days to a few hours.

This software makes the ordering process for our customers streamlined. From logging in to checking out, the ordering process allows our customers to complete their request in a matter of minutes.

Kara
System Administrator in USA

MDSF Review

Kommentare: MDSF allows a convenient way for customers with multiple locations to control ordering as well as branding standards.

I like SmartCanvas and the UI of the Storefront Designer. Both are easy to use and make branding a storefront quick and painless.

SmartCanvas needs the pen tool to allow more functionality in the designs as well as the ability to add text to a path. The product setup needs a ton of work. Importing all product types in bulk with the ability to associate images for each product would drastically improve storefront deployment. The reporting tool is overcomplicated. The reports should be clean with the ability to create reporting rules per company.

Scott
IT Manager in USA

Feature Rich Software

Kommentare: It has been great. We have been able to supplement our traditional large custom quoted jobs with web orders by utiliizing MarketDirect for over 10 years. The automation of order input and distribution to our multiple devices has allowed us to cut out a lot of the costs associated with other orders.

The product building features are easy to use and detailed. Almost any type of product I can think of can be created with MarketDirect in combination with VDP software.

The pricing can be complicated to set up and maintain.

Mary Ann
General Manager in USA

Review of EFI MarketDirect

Kommentare: Getting answers from support is not as easy as it used to be. No documentation for easy questions

We have used this product from the beginning, Printersite Fulfillment. when it was used for fulfillment only. Having this product put us into the 21st Century.

The administration of product has not eased up. It is very convoluted to add new products.

Corey
Dirctor of New Business in USA
Verlagswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

EFI Digital Storefront

Kommentare: Understanding our needs could be improved. While we understand that some of our asks may not be attainable, being able to be more flexible and provide quality solutions would be helpful.

The upgraded look to the new storefront is much improved from the old version.

The storefront is not very customizable without deep knowledge of HTML. If there were more options to change the flow of the ordering process, that would be a big improvement.

Darren
Owner in Australien
Druck, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

DSF as a online solution

Kommentare: requires a higher level of skill and unique learning

Integration and the ability for the client to have control over there purchasing and at the same time making them reliant/dependent on us

hard to implement and have to "re invent" a page for each client would be better to be able to Cut"n"paste

Ethan
Shipping Manager in USA

Review

The ease of use for our customers. And also the ease of use for employees. I was able to come in and learn all the systems with no previous knowledge and it was fairly easy.

There are some features that lacking. I think that if there were a forum where we could suggest updates that would be great.

Brittney
Sr. Manager, Marketing & Ecommerce in USA
Verpackung und Container, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Additional Revenue Stream for our Company

Kommentare: Overall, I enjoyed the training process. I liked that each session was recorded and sent to us. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been really great to work with, super helpful and always willing to search for alternative ways to accomplish what we need.

What attracted us to EFI MarketDirect StoreFront was the ability to create individual dashboards for each customer that we could customize to their products. We liked that it had the ecommerce functionality built in and that we could integrate with other internal systems. Our specific need for the software seemed to be one of the more complex uses for it and the EFI team has been really open and willing to push the envelope for what we need.

Again, with our need being more complex, the development time has taken a lot longer than expected. Some of the functionalities haven't been working correctly so certain sites have not been able to launch yet. (Specifically the Box Products)

Laura
Vice President in USA

Storefront

The Ease of use for the customer to use!

I wish it would connect to old orders so we did not have to look back to copy them over fir ease in picking up and posting!

Elizabeth
Web-to-Print Administrator in USA

DSF

Kommentare: Great service, great product.

Clients can "DYI" so much! Really frees up CSRs.

Some minor limitations/ lack of features

Titus
CEO in USA

Expensive but good

It is robust program with integration to other EFI products.

Overall implementation was tough and cumbersome.

robert
print manager in UK
Druck, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Good but hard to set up

jdf and auto submit so we can leave it so work when we are not in

user interface it can be hard to get used to

Robert
Managing Member in USA

Company Size Matters

I am sure MarketDirect Storefront is a fine software for larger organizations. The available tools and options can make this a competitive web storefront.

The problem is for companies with fewer than 10 employees, and without full time IT specialists or web manager, success is very difficult. After one year of working on our site using employees that have other job functions, we are not much closer to any success. You need at least a 15-20 hr/week employee to create, manage and update your website along with updating PrintSmith Vision. It is not the best solution for small employee companies.