TimeSheet for Small Business

Bewertet am 4.4.2019
Pauline P.
Operations Manager

Vorteile: Ease of use
Tracking actuals vs budgets for all projects.
Client invoicing
Accessibility - access anywhere any time

Nachteile: Timesheet process - wish we could have timesheets approved by email and not hard copy print outs. Our clients sign weekly timesheets which are used for billing and they all comment, that this is such old technology.

von Dovico Software an 5.4.2019

Hi Pauline,

Thank you for taking time to give us a great review. I am happy to hear that you value the mobility of our software.

While we do not have email approvals, hoever we do have approval processes in the software itself. Emails are send to various approving managers who would in turn approve the electronic timesheet that was filled in by the employee.

I hope this helps!

Jeff

Great program with some suggested updates.

Andrew G.
Principal
Tiefbau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: so far so good.

Vorteile: Easy to use and internet based is great for employees out the office.

Nachteile: changes recommended. 1. once time sheet project is clicked it would be great if it can be automatically minimized and separated out of the internet software to its own link and not left as a tab. Any given day many other tabs are opened at the same time and sometimes a quick close of the internet engine closed what I want to close but inadervantly closed dovico time sheet as well. This is and should be a background program for most people, not a primary program, so although you may think it needs to front and center, I prefer it to be in the background minimized automatically on its own internet connection and expanded when you click on it. I think this was how it was when it was a program run on the computer, not internet based. 2. I would like the list of the projects to have the option to list in the opposite order from top to the bottom. over the years I have accumulated many project numbers and when adding new and working on more recent project numbers I have to always scroll down the page to the bottom which is a pain. should be like outlook where you can simply switch the list up or down. Thx

Hi Andrew!

Thank you for your time in writing a very helpful review! I am glad our software is easy for you to get the job done. Mobility in the engineering field is crucial so I am glad we fit the bill.

Also, a huge thank you for providing such a detailed list of suggestions. I have posted them on our design team Slack channel so that they can take them into consideration upon future releases. Something even as small as a different order to a list of projects can make a huge difference.

We have gotten spoiled!

Steve H.
IT
Tiefbau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Before we started using Dovico in 2008, each employee was using a company spread sheet to manually keep track of time and printing them off to hand in every month. Besides the pros listed above, the huge time savings during billing and payroll more than offset the price. Dovico was the first time tracking software we tried and the only thing we have used. We have shopped around several times since we started using Dovico and haven't found anything that even comes close!

Vorteile: Without a doubt the best thing about this software is the reports. At times we have 50 active billable clients and Dovico gives us the reports we need to make sure they all get billed properly. We did the locally hosted platform for 5 or 6 years before switching over to the Dovico hosted version. Having Dovico host the software has made it possible for employees to log their hours when working in the field which is a huge plus!

Nachteile: The only complaint we have had, and complaint is a stronger work than necessary, is the price increases. We have shopped around and found cheaper services but we haven't found anything that even come close to Dovico's reports. We are spoiled and we gladly pay our annual subscription!

Hi Steve,

Thank you for taking your time to give us an amazing review! I am so glad that we have made your billing process so much easier and accurate.

Please understand that we take much care in increasing our prices. The last time we increased our prices was in 2012, so we try not to make it a habit.

I hope we continue to give you value and please, let us know if we can give you more.

Good Software Tool if configured correctly at set up

Lindy V.
Financial Operations Officer
Schreiben & Editieren, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I think the tool is easy to use for timesheet entry and for adminstrators and allows for plenty of tailoring to suit the organisational reporting needs.

Nachteile: Our original set up configuration was not well thought through and it has been easy for the database to become huge, due to the number of task codes and multiple assignments. This has made it very difficult to control the amount of data.

von Dovico Software an 11.4.2019

Hi Lindy,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us an honest review. I'm glad that you find our software easy to use and customizable.

It is unfortunate that your original set-up was not up to your expectation. If you would like any assistance with cleaning up your data, or even archiving old data, please give us a call.

Jeff

The timesheet software that is not a spreadsheet

Baliso V.
Tiefbau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The corporate time is captured properly and one is able to make an analysis as to who spends what and where. The expenses are easy to track and one can question the authenticity of the expense as the description is required. This software is truly a one-stop-shop for capturing time and expenses.

Vorteile: Dovico captures all that relates to a consulting engineering company in respect of time and expenses. The fact that supporting documents can be uploaded to support a claim made borders on the horizon between ordinary timesheet software and real and practical timesheet tools. The pie charts give the supervisor that added advantage of looking and evaluating where most time is spent and a drill down can be done with ease.

Nachteile: At times it is a bit difficult to get support online but as soon as you send an email to the support team, the help comes trough. I am not so sure what can be done to make it easy to get help online.

Hi Baliso,

Thank you for giving us a great review! I am happy to hear that our reporting gives you the information you need to get your work done!

We do our best to give support around the clock with our online chat, but growing as much as we are, we sometimes need our beauty sleep. While I'm glad you still get service, I understand the frustration of not getting the service you need from the online chat. I will report this to our support department.

Dovico Analysis

Bewertet am 9.4.2019
R&D Manager
Halbleiter, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Good process to manage the internal project under development by the engineers. I need to expend more time evaluating others possibility to use the system inside of company to manage others information from the projects under development.

Vorteile: Usability and Process to create new project initiative.

Nachteile: It is not possible to customize a report based on user necessity without a special software.
It is not easy to find APIs to integrate Dovico with others systems available inside of company.
I want to integrate Dovico Timesheet with payroll system available inside of company to get human cost per hour automatically every month.

von Dovico Software an 11.4.2019

Hi Mystery Shopper!

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great and indepth review. I am glad that our software works well for your engineers.

As far as the API integration, we do have an open API available for all hosted clients. Have you had a chance to explore it? Most information within the system is accessible via our API. Please do not hesitate to contact us for help using the API, we would be happy to help!

Great Time reporting tool

Denis B.
Deputy Director - Internal Audit
Bankwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used Dovico for almost 9 years and found it to be a great management tool

Vorteile: Ease of use and the possible level of customization

Nachteile: It only has 2 level of activities: Project and Tasks. in some cases I could use a third level as this would reduce the number of items in tasks which are not really tasks. The tool could also be use for planning purposes but lacks some reporting in that area (Monthly time allocation-staff vs availability)

von Dovico Software an 5.4.2019

Hi Denis,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a great review. I am glad to hear that our timesheet solution is easy to use and that you enjoy the customization aspects of it.

I appreciate your in-depth suggestion about project leveling. I will send your ideas to our design team for their consideration (you are not the first client to have this request). As far as planning, we now offer a Resource Planning tool called Workload (https://www.dovico.com/resource-allocation-and-planning) I'm not sure if you have taken a look at this or not.

Dovico review 2019

Michel L.
Architect, owner/partner
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Engineering could have still more options and more user friendly navigation otptions

Vorteile: Technical support is great, accessible from anywhere

Nachteile: The software graphics as not been updated aver, still need more user friendly dashboard like the new Icloud QUickbook web site Archiving data from past employees should be left on project files, we sometime need to access this to compare profitability on past projects versus new ones More inquiry to be done on reports needed by users

Hi Michel!

Thank you for spending some time to give us an honest review. We know we aren't perfect, but with your help in this review, we can get a little bit better.

We are working on updating the look and feel of the software as a whole. Be sure to keep in the know by following us on our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) for future updates.

If you have some time, please email me jnagle@dovico.com to discuss what engineering options you would like to see implemented.

Long time user

Adam B.
Managing Director
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Generally well liked and used and support over our very long association has been very good.

Vorteile: The interface and general user friendliness of software.

Nachteile: The budget feature is least easy to use and needs development. The report builder need development. Particularly needs to be able to present actual and budgets properly. Reports needs an invoice like feature to send to accounts packages.

Hi Adam!

Thank you for taking the time to write a very honest review. I am pleased to see that you are generally happy with our software.

I would be very curious to find out what aspects of the budgeting features that you find the least easiest to use. I would also like to understand how the reporting side of budgeting is not working as you expect. Please email me at jnagle@dovico.com to discuss this further.

Jeff

Multiple Techteams Timetracking (7 teams, 80 users)

Daniel D.
Operatioins manager

Kommentare: Engineers hate spending time in filling in timetracking data , repetitive discipline reminders are required. Luckily the software and ease of use is well accepted and brings down this barrier.

Vorteile: Ease of use, intuitive approach, requires only a 1h startup training for new users

Nachteile: Being powerfull it requires some adjustments to find the right setup (preliminar admin tasks not to be underestimated), once found the correct setup & working methodology : easy to use

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us a great review! I am very pleased that you find our software easy to use and easy to on-board new users.

I think everyone will agree that timetracking is not a top priority for most people during their busy day, but it is needed. I am glad that we can help at least make it a little easier.

Excellent Software

Trish N.
Purchasing/Accounting
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The timesheet allows the employee to post their hours to each specific project and it allows supervisors to monitor the project hours and make sure each employee is recording their hours properly and correct them if entered incorrectly. Overall, we don't have any software issues where something would be carried over incorrectly into Quickbooks. The Dovico Link works very well to transmit hours into Quickbooks.

Vorteile: Very use friendly. Easy to teach new employee's how to use. Layout of timesheet is very self-explanatory. Like the fact that you can log in from anywhere's and enter your time or do any maintenance work. Also like the mobile app.

Nachteile: Restricted as far as using the program with Quickbooks payroll portion. Rather than setting up the software as it is meant to be used (meaning to use for tracking the actual job task) we have to use the "Tasks" to correspond with the employee's title in order for payroll to submit correctly.

Hi Trish!

Thank you for your awesomely detailed review! Your feedback is certainly appreciated. I'm glad that you find the mobility side of our timesheet solution valuable.

Continually improving our Quickbooks integration has always been on our plate. In fact, just yesterday around the lunchroom, we were discussing what needs to be changed and upgraded in terms of our Quickbooks integration. I'll forward your concerns to the team so that they are aware of them.

Thanks again for your time!

Jeff

Good solution but it could be improved :)

General Manager

Vorteile: Dovico is solving our needs for reporting and invoicing our services to our customers.

Nachteile: At this point we are using two solutions to manage our support engineers time. One of them is Dovico, where they register the time they spent for our customers and another is MS Sharepoint where we create a schedule for them to know where they have to be in the next days. We would love to use the same application for both needs but unfortunately Dovico is not providing the right solution for that. My colleague that is in charge with scheduling our resources discussed with somebody from your support and they couldn't find a solution.

Hi Mystery Shopper!

Thank you for taking your time away from what you do best to leave us a review. I am glad that we are meeting your timekeeping and invoicing needs.

Unfortunately, we do not have a scheduling component to our software as you are aware. I will forward your request to our design team for future consideration. With more demand, means more desire to help fill it.

Thanks!

A+++ - Anytime/Anywhere/Amazing

Meghan R.
Accounting/Finance
Umweltdienstleistungen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The allocation/tracking is extremely helpful. The reporting, generic as well as the customized will do a world of good for any company. This is one of the best tools that we use in house.

Vorteile: It is very user friendly. We have all offices using DOVICO (PA, NY & United Kingdom) from the inner office employees to the on site inspectors. They can upload/enter their hours any time, no excuses. Very helpful in time tracking/allocating.

Nachteile: I'm not sure if it's an internal issue we need to work on or something with the software - For some reason the Start and end dates do not always match on the employees and I will have to go in and adjust them so everyone is aligned.

Hi Meghan!

Thank you so much for your great review! It takes time out of your day to do this and we appreciate your willingness to share.

I am glad to hear that you enjoy our software and that it makes what you do a little easier.

I'll have one of our support gurus reach out to you to help you with your start and end date troubles.

Once again, thanks for your review!!

Timesheet and Expense Tracking

Stacy I.
Tiefbau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy to track client time and costs versus company time and costs

Vorteile: Easy to keep track of time and various reports can be generated to meet the client's needs

Nachteile: Not being able to enter expenses on multiple jobs from one screen. In a day's time we have worked on five different projects and using the same expenses, but have to submit each project expense which takes time. Also, not being able to change the project number without deleting it and starting over if an expense is submitted on the wrong project.

Hi Stacy!

Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a great review! I'm glad to hear that our reporting capabilities serve you and your clients well.

I do have some good news on the expenses front! Keep posted on our social media feeds (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) We have some enhancements to expenses coming in the next few months that will certainly help you.

Overall very good

2. The software is flexible/customizable
3. The software is easy to use

Nachteile: 1. Inability to recall a timesheet
2. Some of the report types could be explained in more depth
3. In the "Budgeted Time and Costs" window, when you filter to a specific person the "Hours" field does not change to show the individuals total hours.

von Dovico Software an 10.4.2019

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for taking time out of your day to give us a great review. I am glad that you find our software easy to use and that you value our customer service.

I have forwarded your concerns to our design team. They are very curious to hear what our clients have to say when they make future enhancements. I totally agree that the report types need more explanation.

Thanks again!!

Review After 1st 2 Months

Darryl M.
Operations Manager
Metallabbau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The support has been excellent! Is the live-chat available 24-7? If not, I look forward to it in the future as you grow. Although, I think your simplicity keeps the software straightforward so I don't think I'll be needing to much help going forward.

Vorteile: Timesheet & expense in one place. Multi-currency and conversion!! Ease of implementation & ease of use. Great support! A really good 80/20 solution.

Nachteile: Desktop/Browser interface could use an update. All the functionality is good, but the views and buttons beyond the pull down menus have a "legacy" software look and usability. Not a big deal but new users are not sure what is a button and what is a label. BIG ASK: is it possible to implement more than one time entry for the same task on the same day?

Hi Darryl!

Thank you for your great review! I am glad you are happy with our support and ease of use.

We know our interface is a little on the "old" side and we are working on giving our various views a good facelift! Keep posted on our social media feeds (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) for updates and enhancements that are coming up.

As far as multiple rows of time for one task on one day, you certainly gain! Simply right-click on that task row and select "Create multiple rows" If you have any troubles with that, please let us know!

As of right now, our live-chat is not 24/7, but it is close. We continually have staff monitoring emails and the chat during off hours, but as of now, we do not officially offer support around the clock.

Dovico Review

2. Update the billable hours rate every year
3. Schedule Reports sent out
.......

Vorteile: Getting helps instantly; Generating reports Automatically

Nachteile: Not ideal yet. I will find out. I always keep in touch with you guys. My most concern is that I will be able able to get help to have the customized reports our company need.

Hi Michelle!

Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review. I am glad we are creating value to you by always being there to help.

As always, please keep in touch whenever you need a custom report or a support question. We now have online chat, so if you don't have time for a call, you can always drop us a note.

Using Dovico for Mamagement Consulting services

Rod H.
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I can easily support client time record requirements, keep better track of my time across the large number of projects and ensure that I am more detailed in my task recording

Vorteile: It has good functionality and the ease of use from desktop/laptop and mobile is excellent

Nachteile: The project planning template inflexibility to do it on the fly

Hi Rod,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review! I am glad that you find our software easy to use, yet powerful enough to give you good time tracking among large numbers of projects.

I would welcome further comments of your project planning issues that you have faced within our software Please email me at jnagle@dovico.com to discuss further.

Jeff

The Software that saved my weekends

Bruce G.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: since we started using Dovico We have cut back on admin time by over 40% and that's a cost savings and now were enjoying more time concentrating on other important stuff instead of figuring out where I stand at the end of the day with profits

Vorteile: being able to enter job tasks that allow the employees to pick from to better calculate a cost analysis.

Nachteile: Not really a dislike but so many options I don't even utilize all the available options

Hey Bruce!

Thank you for taking some time from your day to leave us an amazing review! You can't beat a review that says "The Software that saved my weekends"!! I am thrilled to hear you have a bit more time in your life to focus on what's really important.

If the amount of unused options in your menu become a pain at all, be sure to contact us! We can help you remove many features from your menu to keep things looking tidy.

Thanks again!!

Dovico Review

Kris W.
Principal
Architektur & Planung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: We really like this time card software. We are able to describe tasks as required for our client's review. It is critical that we add descriptions to all of our billings.

Nachteile: It might take a little time to set up each project and add task descriptions as required, but in the end, these descriptions are critical.

von Dovico Software an 3.4.2019

Hey Kris! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm glad to hear that you value our product as we certainly value you.

If there is anything we can do to help you with entering descriptions easier, please let us know! We are always open to suggestions to improve.

Jeff

Dovico for a Small company with lots of short term projects

Tiefbau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, it has worked well for our company.

Vorteile: It is extremely easy to use and very intuitive - almost anything I need to do I can figure out without having to ask for help.

Nachteile: We also use it for billing and there is no easy way to figure out what hours have been billed and what haven't been.

von Dovico Software an 9.4.2019

Hi Mystery Shopper,

Thank you for your great review! I'm happy to hear you find our software easy to use and that it serves your needs.

Your billing issue is one that we have heard many times before and we are trying to find a solution. I will be forwarding your suggestion to our design team.

Great Software

Bewertet am 3.4.2019
Managing Member
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been personally using Dovico for 18 years and believe it to be a great time expense tracking software.

Vorteile: Software is easy to use and the reports are customizable.

Nachteile: Archiving projects is difficult and must be done by Dovico.

Hi Mystery Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. I'l glad you find our software easy to use and you value the customized reporting.

I agree that the archiving process is not ideal, in future version we are going to change the way objects are archived. That is certain.

Thank you for your amazingly loyal support over the past 18 years, that is mind blowing! :)

Saved from starving

Kamil T.
Data Manager
Pharmazeutika, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: User-friendly
Easy to use
Customized reports

Nachteile: I am missing a document describing best practices for some admin modules (e.g Limited Access).

Hi Kamil,

Thank you for your review and I appreciate your support! I am pleased to hear that our software is user-friendly and that you find customized reports just as easy to use.

We do have some resources online to help you with best practices: https://www.dovico.com/resources

As always, you can use our online chat for quick help in any aspect of our software, give us a call 800-618-8463 or email support@dovico.com

We are always here to help!

Cost Effective Time Software

Pamela M.
Unternehmensberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very easy to implement and superior customer service.

Nachteile: Many canned reports, some issues in creating specialized reporting.

von Dovico Software an 9.4.2019

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! I am happy to hear that you value our customer service, we always answer the call with the purpose of getting you back to doing what you do best.

We do have a wide variety of system created reports that are editable to suit your needs. I hope that any issues you may have had surrounding your reports have been rectified, if not, please give us a call or drop us an email.

Dovico review

Michailas O.
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Simple learning, great customisation , Jira integration, great reporting.

Nachteile: Lack of invoicing capabilities , weird and old mobile app

Hi Michailas,

Thank you for taking time to fill out an honest review. I am pleased that you value the customization and integration capabilities of Timesheet.

I will forward your concerns over the lack of invoicing to our design team, you are not the first client who has expressed concern in that regard. As far as our app, we will be releasing some enhancements soon, please check our social feeds to keep in touch.

Thanks!