Abacus Private Cloud Bewertungen

von AbacusNext

Über Abacus Private Cloud

Mach deine Praxis zukunftssicher mit skalierbarer Infrastruktur und vollständiger Datensicherheit mit Abacus Private Cloud.

Erfahre mehr über Abacus Private Cloud

James F.
Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 24.10.2018

"ABACUS PRIVATE CLOUD - EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY, RELIABILITY & SERVICE"

Kommentare: This platform outsources office computing (in my case, for a law office) to a proven, trusted vendor that provides excellent customer service, reliability and stability. This enables smaller companies (like mine) to take advantage of economies of scale; and achieve levels of quality, security and dependability in their computing network that otherwise would be to costly if done with local servers and IT support. This is a truly game-changing platform; professionally implemented
by a company of top notch network and data center experts. I am completely satisified with Abacus Private Cloud.

Vorteile: I have used Abacus Private Cloud since 06/14. Reliability, connectivity, uptime, and customer support are excellent. I eliminated local server hardware, local IT support, and local backups. My decision to go with with Abacus Private Cloud was the best decision I have made in 20 years of using computers in my law office.

Nachteile: Seriously, i have not found any downsides to this platform.

• Bewertet am 24.10.2018
Robert N.
Adoption Attorney
  • Bewertet am 31.3.2020

"IT IS BETTER THAN CLONING A LAWYER"

Kommentare: I am a solo attorney with a multi-state practice. APC has allowed me to automate my practice, from client intake to document production. I have used the Abacus products for over 13 years now and am very satisfied.

Vorteile: I have been an Abacus user since 2007 and on the Cloud ever since it was a little puff of smoke. The ability to have all my software managed and updated at one source, on a secure server with almost immediate access to an IT person everyday has turned out to be WAY more cost effective than a piecemeal approach to buying Office 365 here, a case management system and accounting program there, and PDF software at a third place... It not only saves me money, but also tons of time.

Nachteile: Way way back when Abacus went online with the Cloud, there were speed bumps (and I apologize for all the 4-letter words in those early emails), but the past few years, it has been very smooth sailing. I like the convenience of having my office EVERYWHERE that I am.

von AbacusNext an 1.4.2020

Hi Robert,

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are always so grateful to hear that our solutions are making a difference for firms! If interested, we'd love to feature your customer story. Just let me know and we will set up a brief interview at your convenience!

• Bewertet am 31.3.2020
Lynne W.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.5.2020

"Cloud Review from a small business"

Kommentare: The Cloud allows us to support our clients by being able to login from different locations and help them with their Quickbooks issues. Saves us a lot of time - which is great!

Vorteile: Most important to us is that our clients can login easily to the Cloud and access their software - and if they get stuck, we can login too and see what they are doing. Saves us from traveling to each client's office. The Tech support people are wonderful and very friendly!

Nachteile: We seem to have the same problem when our clients can't login. If too many of our clients logout improperly, the Cloud gets stuck and won't open for anyone. Somehow, this seems like it should be a fixable problem.
Also, the Cloud seems a little pricey for our small company.

• Bewertet am 28.5.2020
Daniel S.
Controller/IT
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.3.2020

"Happy about the effort and response. "

Kommentare: A roller coaster ride. There are good and bad things about this set up and company. I know they went through some growing pains themselves and we road along with them. I fee like they are heading in the right directions and making progress.

Vorteile: It is cloud based
Uses the remote desktop system
Creates a remote environment to function in.
Security
Support response has been getting better each year.

Nachteile: The overall cost is twice as much as everyone else. The control over the Office 365 account makes it difficult to efficiently function with our growing company. There have been features with the office 365 account that we would like to explore but can't because of the lack of control we have over the account. The constant issues that come up where the issue is tied to server resources or the lack there of. After two years I would hope the server needs were more dialed in. I also don't get the feeling that anyone takes the time to understand a 3rd party software. We use Lacerte, along with "1000" other clients, and there doesn't seem to be a Lacerte expert nor is there a partnership with Intuit to install it correctly in a terminal server environment. I have had 4 different people install lacerte it different ways (on the X drive, on the C drive, on a separate SSD drive,)

Anne D.
Paralegal
  • Bewertet am 26.3.2020

"Easy file sharing and information retrieval"

Kommentare: Positive. It allows us to keep records on a large number of clients and files and to allow anyone in the office to retrieve the file. We are now able to retrieve 12 years of file information at the click of a mouse. Being able to view the calendar and files when we are cut off from the physical office is a wonderful perk.

Vorteile: We started with Abacus back in 2008 and switched to the Private Cloud about 4 years ago. Our office is on a barrier island in Florida so the Cloud made sense to us. We are able to work from home after evacuation orders are in place (until we loose power and internet) and don't have to worry about whether our backups are in a safe place -- all our information is safe and available to us through remote access. We love the fact we can open any client's file from any workstation and answer their questions. No more running around looking for a physical file before we can help them.

Nachteile: Lag times. On a normal in-office day everything usually runs fine. Except when the internet is down. Then all work grinds to a halt. When working offsite there can be a lag or delay that can get irritating. We also have several office staff members who are resistant to training and do not use it to its full ability. The same staff members are highly critical when glitches occur.

Douglas W.

"Long Time User"

Kommentare: Abacus Private Cloud allows me to do what I do best, provide quality service to my clients. I don't have to think about the software. I have my contacts, my notes, my calendar, all at my fingertips without having to tell a client, "please hold on while I get your file". I am organized and know where everything is without having to "fret". I absolutely enjoy using Abacus.

Vorteile: I have been a customer of Abacus for over twenty years. I first started with the company before the Abacus Private Cloud. One of the things that I loved about Abacus was their support. They could and would resolve any problem immediately. When Abacus began servicing customers with the cloud, things became even better. There is nothing better than to simply turn on your computer, go remote and know that all of your work is backed up, protected and accessible.

Nachteile: The software has a billing component to it. When it first came out, it was unworkable and I opted out of the billing. I don't know whether it has improved and//or whether the "bugs" have been worked out.

Hi Douglas,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing that firms are finding so much success with our APC environment. Would you be interested in being a featured customer story?

Please let me know if you are interested!

Elliott K.
  • Bewertet am 23.3.2020

"Abacus Private Cloud Review"

Kommentare: I like the product very much. I compared it recently to other legal software programs that have similar functions and I think this one with all the additional features works the best for my office.

Vorteile: I like the integration of the court forms with the client base. The calendaring is excellent. If one uses the notes it is easy to keep track of the clients' information and keeps them updated. The ease of logging on from off-site is easy. We were able to have everyone work from home within 2 days of implementation. We don't need physical files and can put the clients' entire file on a dvd for storage. Service has always been very good. They walk you through what they are doing so you know how to do in in the future if necessary.

Nachteile: It is a bit expensive, and I would like them to give us a break on the price when we add users. Some part time users cost the same as full time. I would like it to integrate with an accounting program like QuickBooks.

Elizabeth M.
CPA/Owner
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.5.2020

"Very good before Abacus took over"

Kommentare: If it hadn't been for the good experience with Cloud9 Realtime, I never would have remained with Abacus.

Vorteile: Once we got through the MANY problems encountered and the COUNTLESS hours spent troubleshooting issues with various technicians due to the conversion to the new Windows platform, the software ultimately
works and our users have no issues accessing their QB files.

Nachteile: The fact that the technical support is hit or miss. There were numerous issues between June and January that cost us hours and hours of time, starting with our emails being blacklisted by Abacus. We spent quite a bit of time being bounced around by your techs insisting it was our mail exchange creating the problem. Then we moved into the Microsoft server upgrade and data conversion. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team made this as time consuming as possible for us. After that, we ran into major glitches getting the upgrades to run-more time spent on our end until we found the tech that knew what he was doing.

Joseph T.
  • Bewertet am 5.12.2019

"Do NOT waste your time or money with Abacus Private Cloud!"

Kommentare: The Abacus private cloud product was horrid, the worst of the worst. The customer service people were nice but it seems like the people running the company are either terrible human beings or the most incompetent idiots born in their generation. Importantly, when I left the use of their product because it kept breaking down, they kept all of my data on Microsoft exchange, all my accounts, calendars, and emails and wouldn't release it even though I had that account for years before going to Abacus. Trust me, stay away from anything related to Abacus.

Vorteile: It allowed me to link emails to cases. It allowed everyone at my office to see what work had been done on a case by other people.

Nachteile: The old-looking, clunky, outdated software broke down on a daily or weekly basis, sometimes for extended periods.

• Bewertet am 5.12.2019
David F.
  • Bewertet am 19.5.2020

"Customer Service Declining Year After Year"

Kommentare: 24 year customer--very disillusioned.

Vorteile: Product is out of date compared to competition and three times more expensive.

Nachteile: Locked in long term contracts. Clunky difficult to use features.

von AbacusNext an 1.6.2020

Hi David,

I am so sorry you have had such a bad experience. I would like to escalate your issues. Can you let me know the best email or phone number to reach you?

Norman U.
Lawyer/owner
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 16.6.2017

"Moving to the Abacus cloud was quick and expertly executed. Very Pleased!"

Kommentare: I run my entire law practice using Abacus Law and APC.

Vorteile: Abacus Law is indispensable in my practice. I've used it for many years and have adapted it to the specific areas of my practice. The calendaring system keeps me on track so that I meet all deadlines on time. Using Rules in calendaring allows me to enter many calendar items at once with just a few mouse clicks. Form generation and Outlook integration are wonderful features and easy to use. All of this is made even better using Abacus Private Cloud. Not only is Abacus Law always up-to-date, but Office 365 is always current as well. Additionally, not enough can be said for the excellent customer and technical support services provided by Abacus Law experts. I can say without hesitation that if you have an occasion to need help with an issue you will be very pleased with the attention you will receive. I used Abacus Law from an office-based server for many years. Servers aren't cheap. I upgraded my server every 4 to 5 years. Paying an IT tech to install the server, load all the software, and get all workstations connected more than doubled the cost of the server. Furthermore, I had the recurring cost of maintenance, protection against viruses, spyware, malware, ransomware etc, plus the cost of off-site backups. All those issues were a drain on my productivity and nerves. Therefore, I pulled the trigger and moved to Abacus Private Cloud. I'm extremely pleased with how easy the transition went. APC has it all figured out.

Nachteile: I have no real criticism to report. On my wish list would be a more robust word processing capability in the Notes windows, which would automatically check spelling and allow for easy-to-insert macros for boilerplate text entry - similar to quickparts and autocorrect features in Word.

von Abacus Data Systems an 16.6.2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience with Abacus. We are delighted to serve you with technology solutions that help you run your firm efficiently and securely!

• Bewertet am 16.6.2017
Denise N.
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.6.2020

"Accounting Plus, Inc. Review"

Kommentare: We work with the customer service team at Abacus on a regular basis and I can't say enough good things about this group. They are patient, persistent, and easy to work with. We've also worked with staff and managers in other departments at Abacus and have had nothing but great experiences.

Vorteile: Our company migrated to APC from a set of 3 in-house legacy servers running all of our firm's software programs. We were vulnerable not only to hardware and software issues, but to the potential hacking of the very sensitive data we had collected over 15+ years in business. Our move to APC completely eliminated these concerns. It also made it possible to relocate our entire staff off-site during the COVID crisis in a matter of hours--something that would have been nearly impossible to accomplish securely and without impact to the performance of the system had we been on those old servers.

Nachteile: Our migration to APC wasn't without some frustration and a bit a of learning curve for our staff. Those initial issues were addressed by Abacus and problems were fixed and we're currently very happy with the state of our APC system. My least favorite things about the cloud environment are the difficulties in using local devices (i.e. USB peripherals such as printers, scanners, signature pads, flash drives, etc.) and the inability to load and update our own software on our cloud computers. But we've learned to live with these limitations and have adopted workarounds when possible.

• Bewertet am 1.6.2020
Zachary B.
  • Bewertet am 17.3.2020

"Great Service - but it’s getting pricier "

Kommentare: I think it’s a great product. With great functionality. Overall it’s a must have product. There are some areas that could be improved, but I have always felt like Abacus was always self evaluating and continually improving functionality and features. They listen and problem solve whenever you have problems.

Vorteile: The front and back office functionality is great. The abacus system and matters combined with the accounting piece is huge.

Nachteile: When it crashes, it gets frustrating. Sometimes the accounting software boots you out mid billing and that is extremely frustrating. And after hours, it isn’t as easy as it used to be to get assistance, so we find ourselves waiting until normal business hours, which impacts our ability to be in court as we are sometimes dealing with abacus issues instead.

Hi Zachary,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing that firms are finding so much success with our solutions. Would you be interested in being a featured customer story?

Please let me know if you are interested!

James M.

"Safe and easy"

Kommentare: The main benefit is the safety and security of our data. Knowing it won't be lost no matter what happens to my computer, and knowing there are smart tech people a phone call away to fix whatever goes wrong, is invaluable to me.

Vorteile: We've been using the Abacus Private Cloud for about a year now and it has been an excellent service. Very easy to use and adaptable to the programs we use. What I like most though is that our client data is safe. We share office space with a firm that does not use Abacus Private Cloud and they recently were the victims of a ransomware attack where all of their data was seized. They elected not to pay the ransom and subsequently lost ALL of their data. While no system can ever be totally secure, I sleep much better at night knowing that our data is as secure as it can be. I purchased a new computer two weeks ago and called the Abacus support to get my new computer onto the cloud network. They had me installed and up and running in about 2 minutes. I really couldn't ask for better service.

Nachteile: I don't have any cons worth mentioning right now. No software is perfect for every application but abacus does everything I need right now.

Autunm B.
Anwaltskanzlei, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.3.2020

"Cloudbased for Times Such as These"

Vorteile: Fully mobile cloud base and exactly the same no matter where you use it. I love the feature that prompts you to bill.

Nachteile: It can be glitch-y and hard to get a person to understand the issues when you call customer service. It is expensive.

Hi Autumn,

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate it! Would you be interested in being one of our featured customer stories? We are hearing countless testimonials about our APC environment due to the current state and we want to share your experience!

Let me know what you think!

• Bewertet am 24.3.2020
Barbara Z.
  • Bewertet am 25.4.2018

"Customer service is terrible. Rates changed without notice. Charge you to get your data back."

Kommentare: It is hard to identify benefits when our experience turned so sour. We are finding PCLaw is providing a lot more benefits than Abacus.

Vorteile: The private cloud service worked well even though we regularly ran out of space and had a price increase to add more. Customer service on the private cloud was good.

Nachteile: We left Abacus Law after years because the new releases had a lot of bugs and using customer service was time consuming and some problems were never fixed. When we went to leave at the end of our contract, they took 2 weeks to send us the cancellation form and by then it was too late to give the 30 days notice. The contact went to month-to-month at nearly double the contract rate. We were given no notice at all of the monthly rate - yet alone notice in time to cancel. Abacus refuses to discuss this issue with us and has taken the position of "we have your money so sue us if you are unhappy."

• Bewertet am 25.4.2018
Caroline E.
  • Bewertet am 31.8.2018

"AbacusLaw has Grown with my Firm!"

Kommentare: Exceptional! Despite some internet connectivity challenges in our small rural state, the Abacus Private Cloud implementation team were exceptionally patient, creative and persistent. They went above and beyond for our firm. We are now into our second year of Abacus Private Cloud, and I am not sure how we survived without it for so long. We love it!

Vorteile: The shared network allowed my small firm to group from one attorney to three attorneys efficiently. We can all enter our time for billing on the shared accounting platform, which saves me huge time as the firm billing attorney. I know that our firm's work product is in a secure cloud and that it is being backed up continuously.

Nachteile: I practice in a small rural state. Our internet connectivity has challenged that posed problems in implementation and installation. We still run a little slower than most, I am sure, because of connectivity challenges. Nonetheless, I would not go back to our prior system ever. I am extremely pleased with the software and with Abacus Private cloud.

• Bewertet am 31.8.2018
Norman U.
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 30.7.2018

"Abacus Private Cloud and Abacus Law have case management figured out. "

Vorteile: Abacus Law gives me the tools I need to carry out my practice efficiently. Calendaring, Accounting, Contacts, Matters, Form Production, and Conflict Management are in use constantly in my office. The software works great with the original default settings. But, it is very flexible in allowing a practitioner to mold the software to fill specific needs. Furthermore, using Abacus Private Cloud means I have a highly skilled tech team constantly monitoring all aspects of the software, the server, encryption, and off-site back-up of my data.

Nachteile: I would like to see the program develop a more robust word processing capability. It's very good as it is. But, I use MS Word extensively and would love to see some of the functionality of Word be available when entering data into Abacus.

• Bewertet am 30.7.2018
Ada G.
  • Bewertet am 27.8.2018

"A Robust solution for today's mobile office needs"

Kommentare: Customer rep went above and beyond for me. He did the following for me: He helped me update a laptop running remote access to the APC Cloud so the toolbar could be updated to include a size retractable feature; reinstalled the Message Slips icon; updated java; and created access in the APC to scan folders located on the local computer for 2 laptops accessing the APC. He also recommended the use of micro SD cards to expand storage capabilities for the laptops included in our Abacus subscription. This was really important because these laptops have limited resources and performing Windows updates was becoming impossible. Rep did all of this without missing a beat. Our lives were made a whole lot easier today because of rep' diligent help! Thank you so very much!”

Vorteile: The software has a wealth of features that can make tracking cases and billing so much easier.

Nachteile: It does take a while to learn most of the features but it is worth the time.

• Bewertet am 27.8.2018
Mary ellen S.
Paralegal
  • Bewertet am 6.8.2019

"Abacus Private Cloud- Review"

Vorteile: Easy to use; easy to learn; had lots of classes; but also user friendly so that I could actually learn it on my own

Nachteile: Cannot group bills; have to enter all bill separately;

von AbacusNext an 8.8.2019

Dear Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to review Abacus Private Cloud. We're so glad you find it user-friendly and that you've taken advantage of our training resources.

Since billing isn't a feature of APC, are you referring to billing in AbacusLaw? If so, feel free to leave a review on our AbacusLaw page. Your feedback helps us make our products better.

We appreciate your business and look forward to being part of your practice for years to come!

Sincerely,
The team at AbacusNext

• Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Larry W.
  • Bewertet am 23.3.2020

"Private Cloud is secure but expensive"

Vorteile: The private cloud with document storage is essential.

Nachteile: We experience severe latency. Little bugs from time to time with check writing and printing.

• Bewertet am 11.9.2018

"Great storage for Law Firms"

Kommentare: No problems at all and have great user interface. We have not had any privacy issues with maintaining our files on the cloud. In addition, it has saved our firm thousands of dollars in IT management fees.

Vorteile: Our firm has a multi-area practice such as real estate, probate, estate planning and family law. Our storage requirements are very high and our needs are met through the use of the Abacus Private Cloud. The clients' documents are accessible and organized. No need to keep unnecessary papers in our office since they can be accessed from anywhere at anytime. It's great to be able to access any document during a meeting or an arbitration.

Nachteile: We have to evaluate how much storage we need and sometimes that needs to be expanded. Although it is easy to do, it is just something that needs to be handled by our office administrators.

William Y.
Director of Business Operations
Rechtsberatung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

"Technical Services"

Kommentare: Recently, very good! But the experience has to be overall since the very beginning which is average but things have changed a lot and you guys have really improved, but prices have also doubled since when we joined Abacus 2 years ago.

Vorteile: Customer services have improved significantly compared to 2 years ago when we stated with Abacus. Great job!

Nachteile: There is still a great lag as we have to wait a long time to get support at times. When it is urgent as if the system is down, there should be a priority to get on it immediately...Support can't explain why issues come about and how it was resolved sometimes...

Anwaltskanzlei, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.1.2019

"Extremely Disappointing Product"

Kommentare: Extremely poor from the initial on boarding process until today. I don't see any capacity or willingness on the part of this company to improve their deficient service. I have been trying to overcome this with them from two year and at this point, I give up. We have made the decision to transition to a better environment.

Vorteile: There is nothing I like about this product.

Nachteile: The on-boarding process was a complete failure. Originally we tried to migrated from a private cloud to Abacus Private Cloud and from Amicus to AbacusLaw. The experience was catastrophic. The on boarding team at Abacus Private Cloud was never able to transition our data from Amicus to AbacusLaw and we were within 10 days of missing a billing cycle. I asked the company several times to switch us back to Amicus. Finally, when they were faced with completely failure of the transition, they switched us back to Amicus so that we did not miss our billing cycle, something they promised would never happen. Since that time, we have done nothing but struggle with this company to maintain an environment that would allow Amicus to function with QuickBooks. They have not been able to maintain a constant link between their product and QuickBooks. It takes days to reestablish the link. Their tech support is not very responsive and they are not very aware of reoccurring problems, which indicates to me that they have a high turnover of personnel. They have assigned multiple people to our account in the past 12 months to resolve our persistent problems with their product. They are replaced or disappear without notice to us. As of today, we may wait days for a response from them. All of this is documented. It was a mistake to migrated from our private cloud environment to this company.

• Bewertet am 29.1.2019
Marla N.
Legal assistant
  • Bewertet am 30.3.2020

"Highly recommend Abacus Private Cloud"

Kommentare: Very positive, most importantly the support team is quick to respond and always able to help.
I recommend APC highly.

Vorteile: The most important feature of the Abacus Private Cloud is the safety of the product. No fear of our computer being hacked. Everything thing is on the cloud. The software program keeps us organized, every matter is linked with names, notes, e-mails, documents and billing. It saves time and actually pays for itself in making sure all the work you do gets billed.

Nachteile: We initially purchased the Abacus software approximately 10 years ago. We switched to APC approximately 6-7 years ago, and have never regretted our decision.

• Bewertet am 30.3.2020