Abacus Private Cloud

ABACUS PRIVATE CLOUD - EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY, RELIABILITY & SERVICE

Bewertet am 24.10.2018
James F.
Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: This platform outsources office computing (in my case, for a law office) to a proven, trusted vendor that provides excellent customer service, reliability and stability. This enables smaller companies (like mine) to take advantage of economies of scale; and achieve levels of quality, security and dependability in their computing network that otherwise would be to costly if done with local servers and IT support. This is a truly game-changing platform; professionally implemented
by a company of top notch network and data center experts. I am completely satisified with Abacus Private Cloud.

Vorteile: I have used Abacus Private Cloud since 06/14. Reliability, connectivity, uptime, and customer support are excellent. I eliminated local server hardware, local IT support, and local backups. My decision to go with with Abacus Private Cloud was the best decision I have made in 20 years of using computers in my law office.

Nachteile: Seriously, i have not found any downsides to this platform.

A Robust solution for today's mobile office needs

Bewertet am 27.8.2018
Ada G.
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Customer rep went above and beyond for me. He did the following for me: He helped me update a laptop running remote access to the APC Cloud so the toolbar could be updated to include a size retractable feature; reinstalled the Message Slips icon; updated java; and created access in the APC to scan folders located on the local computer for 2 laptops accessing the APC. He also recommended the use of micro SD cards to expand storage capabilities for the laptops included in our Abacus subscription. This was really important because these laptops have limited resources and performing Windows updates was becoming impossible. Rep did all of this without missing a beat. Our lives were made a whole lot easier today because of rep' diligent help! Thank you so very much!”

Vorteile: The software has a wealth of features that can make tracking cases and billing so much easier.

Nachteile: It does take a while to learn most of the features but it is worth the time.

Review of Abacus Private Cloud

Bewertet am 6.9.2018
Joy T.
Director of Operations
Rechtsberatung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: If customer service was improved I would rate Abacus a 10/10 but for now an 8/10.

Vorteile: The overall functionaliy of the cloud and the security is fanatstic.

Nachteile: The call center, I say this because it all depends who you get when you call as some technicians are much better than others. Some technicians are absolute rockstars but not all. Also, I found that calling in and not getting help is unacceptable especially if it is time sensitive. I have also found that I have to follow-up on items and that should not be the case. Having one person to deal with would be ideal.

Customer service is terrible. Rates changed without notice. Charge you to get your data back.

Bewertet am 25.4.2018
Barbara Z.
Partner
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is hard to identify benefits when our experience turned so sour. We are finding PCLaw is providing a lot more benefits than Abacus.

Vorteile: The private cloud service worked well even though we regularly ran out of space and had a price increase to add more. Customer service on the private cloud was good.

Nachteile: We left Abacus Law after years because the new releases had a lot of bugs and using customer service was time consuming and some problems were never fixed. When we went to leave at the end of our contract, they took 2 weeks to send us the cancellation form and by then it was too late to give the 30 days notice. The contact went to month-to-month at nearly double the contract rate. We were given no notice at all of the monthly rate - yet alone notice in time to cancel. Abacus refuses to discuss this issue with us and has taken the position of "we have your money so sue us if you are unhappy."

Abacus Private Cloud User

Bewertet am 20.3.2019
Mike A.
Director of Technology
Rechtsberatung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The software is accessible when on the go. It allows you to work remotely and on the fly. For added security, access can be restricted to static IP address and dual authentication can be added to prevent others from accessing your data.

Nachteile: Project manager was new and transfer of data took longer than it should have.

Do NOT waste your time or money with Abacus Private Cloud!

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Joseph T.
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The Abacus private cloud product was horrid, the worst of the worst. The customer service people were nice but it seems like the people running the company are either terrible human beings or the most incompetent idiots born in their generation. Importantly, when I left the use of their product because it kept breaking down, they kept all of my data on Microsoft exchange, all my accounts, calendars, and emails and wouldn't release it even though I had that account for years before going to Abacus. Trust me, stay away from anything related to Abacus.

Vorteile: It allowed me to link emails to cases. It allowed everyone at my office to see what work had been done on a case by other people.

Nachteile: The old-looking, clunky, outdated software broke down on a daily or weekly basis, sometimes for extended periods.

Abacus Private Cloud- Review

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Mary ellen S.
Paralegal
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy to use; easy to learn; had lots of classes; but also user friendly so that I could actually learn it on my own

Nachteile: Cannot group bills; have to enter all bill separately;

von AbacusNext an 8.8.2019

Dear Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to review Abacus Private Cloud. We're so glad you find it user-friendly and that you've taken advantage of our training resources.

Since billing isn't a feature of APC, are you referring to billing in AbacusLaw? If so, feel free to leave a review on our AbacusLaw page. Your feedback helps us make our products better.

We appreciate your business and look forward to being part of your practice for years to come!

Sincerely,
The team at AbacusNext

Debilitatingly slow performance

Bewertet am 1.4.2019
Jonathan H.
Anwaltskanzlei, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are very disappointed in the failure of APC to consistently operate as promised.

Vorteile: When this software works, it's great. If it operated consistently and in "real-time", I would highly recommend it.

Nachteile: In over a year of using APC, we have had regular, recurring, serious connection issues. I calculate an average of 5 hrs/wk in lost productivity per user over the last year. As indicated above, when functional, the system is great; the problem is, you never know whether you'll show up for work and be able to work, or whether you'll spend half the day on the phone with tech support trying to figure out why the system is lagging.

Love the Concept

Bewertet am 18.9.2018
Cecilia A.
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have increased productivity by using the cloud. Having all information stored and readily accessible has saved time which in turn makes money.
Customer service is typically very good but occasionally I have been dissatisfied at hold times.

Vorteile: I like the idea of having all my information in one place and an immediate backup in case of a catastrophe.

Nachteile: The connection is to slow. There is a delay in typing a document in my word processing. I have to wait several minutes at times for programs to open. I do not like that there is an expiration of connection throughout the day when idle.
I have already exceeded the storage package I purchased, so cost continue to rise.

Bate and Switch

Bewertet am 15.2.2019
Founding Member
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Support is good but not really 24/7; after normal hours they will call you back when they can;

Vorteile: Ease of access from anywhere on any computer.

Nachteile: Initial sizing of systems needs was way off; forced me into poor service or 30% price increase and you are stuck with the contract even though it was their mistake.

Moving to the Abacus cloud was quick and expertly executed. Very Pleased!

Bewertet am 16.6.2017
Norman U.
Lawyer/owner
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I run my entire law practice using Abacus Law and APC.

Vorteile: Abacus Law is indispensable in my practice. I've used it for many years and have adapted it to the specific areas of my practice. The calendaring system keeps me on track so that I meet all deadlines on time. Using Rules in calendaring allows me to enter many calendar items at once with just a few mouse clicks. Form generation and Outlook integration are wonderful features and easy to use. All of this is made even better using Abacus Private Cloud. Not only is Abacus Law always up-to-date, but Office 365 is always current as well. Additionally, not enough can be said for the excellent customer and technical support services provided by Abacus Law experts. I can say without hesitation that if you have an occasion to need help with an issue you will be very pleased with the attention you will receive. I used Abacus Law from an office-based server for many years. Servers aren't cheap. I upgraded my server every 4 to 5 years. Paying an IT tech to install the server, load all the software, and get all workstations connected more than doubled the cost of the server. Furthermore, I had the recurring cost of maintenance, protection against viruses, spyware, malware, ransomware etc, plus the cost of off-site backups. All those issues were a drain on my productivity and nerves. Therefore, I pulled the trigger and moved to Abacus Private Cloud. I'm extremely pleased with how easy the transition went. APC has it all figured out.

Nachteile: I have no real criticism to report. On my wish list would be a more robust word processing capability in the Notes windows, which would automatically check spelling and allow for easy-to-insert macros for boilerplate text entry - similar to quickparts and autocorrect features in Word.

von Abacus Data Systems an 16.6.2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience with Abacus. We are delighted to serve you with technology solutions that help you run your firm efficiently and securely!

Safe and easy

Bewertet am 11.9.2018
James M.
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The main benefit is the safety and security of our data. Knowing it won't be lost no matter what happens to my computer, and knowing there are smart tech people a phone call away to fix whatever goes wrong, is invaluable to me.

Vorteile: We've been using the Abacus Private Cloud for about a year now and it has been an excellent service. Very easy to use and adaptable to the programs we use. What I like most though is that our client data is safe. We share office space with a firm that does not use Abacus Private Cloud and they recently were the victims of a ransomware attack where all of their data was seized. They elected not to pay the ransom and subsequently lost ALL of their data. While no system can ever be totally secure, I sleep much better at night knowing that our data is as secure as it can be. I purchased a new computer two weeks ago and called the Abacus support to get my new computer onto the cloud network. They had me installed and up and running in about 2 minutes. I really couldn't ask for better service.

Nachteile: I don't have any cons worth mentioning right now. No software is perfect for every application but abacus does everything I need right now.

AbacusLaw has Grown with my Firm!

Bewertet am 31.8.2018
Caroline E.
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Exceptional! Despite some internet connectivity challenges in our small rural state, the Abacus Private Cloud implementation team were exceptionally patient, creative and persistent. They went above and beyond for our firm. We are now into our second year of Abacus Private Cloud, and I am not sure how we survived without it for so long. We love it!

Vorteile: The shared network allowed my small firm to group from one attorney to three attorneys efficiently. We can all enter our time for billing on the shared accounting platform, which saves me huge time as the firm billing attorney. I know that our firm's work product is in a secure cloud and that it is being backed up continuously.

Nachteile: I practice in a small rural state. Our internet connectivity has challenged that posed problems in implementation and installation. We still run a little slower than most, I am sure, because of connectivity challenges. Nonetheless, I would not go back to our prior system ever. I am extremely pleased with the software and with Abacus Private cloud.

Abacus Private Cloud and Abacus Law have case management figured out.

Bewertet am 30.7.2018
Norman U.
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Abacus Law gives me the tools I need to carry out my practice efficiently. Calendaring, Accounting, Contacts, Matters, Form Production, and Conflict Management are in use constantly in my office. The software works great with the original default settings. But, it is very flexible in allowing a practitioner to mold the software to fill specific needs. Furthermore, using Abacus Private Cloud means I have a highly skilled tech team constantly monitoring all aspects of the software, the server, encryption, and off-site back-up of my data.

Nachteile: I would like to see the program develop a more robust word processing capability. It's very good as it is. But, I use MS Word extensively and would love to see some of the functionality of Word be available when entering data into Abacus.

Great storage for Law Firms

Bewertet am 11.9.2018
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: No problems at all and have great user interface. We have not had any privacy issues with maintaining our files on the cloud. In addition, it has saved our firm thousands of dollars in IT management fees.

Vorteile: Our firm has a multi-area practice such as real estate, probate, estate planning and family law. Our storage requirements are very high and our needs are met through the use of the Abacus Private Cloud. The clients' documents are accessible and organized. No need to keep unnecessary papers in our office since they can be accessed from anywhere at anytime. It's great to be able to access any document during a meeting or an arbitration.

Nachteile: We have to evaluate how much storage we need and sometimes that needs to be expanded. Although it is easy to do, it is just something that needs to be handled by our office administrators.

Extremely Disappointing Product

Bewertet am 29.1.2019
Anwaltskanzlei, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Extremely poor from the initial on boarding process until today. I don't see any capacity or willingness on the part of this company to improve their deficient service. I have been trying to overcome this with them from two year and at this point, I give up. We have made the decision to transition to a better environment.

Vorteile: There is nothing I like about this product.

Nachteile: The on-boarding process was a complete failure. Originally we tried to migrated from a private cloud to Abacus Private Cloud and from Amicus to AbacusLaw. The experience was catastrophic. The on boarding team at Abacus Private Cloud was never able to transition our data from Amicus to AbacusLaw and we were within 10 days of missing a billing cycle. I asked the company several times to switch us back to Amicus. Finally, when they were faced with completely failure of the transition, they switched us back to Amicus so that we did not miss our billing cycle, something they promised would never happen. Since that time, we have done nothing but struggle with this company to maintain an environment that would allow Amicus to function with QuickBooks. They have not been able to maintain a constant link between their product and QuickBooks. It takes days to reestablish the link. Their tech support is not very responsive and they are not very aware of reoccurring problems, which indicates to me that they have a high turnover of personnel. They have assigned multiple people to our account in the past 12 months to resolve our persistent problems with their product. They are replaced or disappear without notice to us. As of today, we may wait days for a response from them. All of this is documented. It was a mistake to migrated from our private cloud environment to this company.

CaseMap Customer Support's quick and concise response with a solution.

Bewertet am 26.7.2018
Mark A.
Records Technician / Accident Re-constructionist

Vorteile: There are many with CaseMap: the ability to build a medical chronology; the CaseWide graph to show the medical chronology in a visual format; linking names, organizations, documents, medicines, etc.; the filtering capability along with the ability to customize filters.

Nachteile: I wish I had more flexibility with the CaseWide graph: to have the ability to select or differentiate between two (or more) filters by using separate colors that would distinguish the filtered criteria on the graph; the ability to adjust the date range of graph to get rid of dead space on the graph.

We Started The Process Of Moving From Cloud9 To Abacus Next Sept 2017 Now Late Feb 2018 Horrible!

Bewertet am 27.2.2018
Randal D.
Co-Founder, VP
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: With over 40 years experience owning and operating several companies and have been "sold" by some of the best of the best and am not easily mislead until Abacus Next came along. I am willing to pay a premium price for premium service. I am not willing to pay a premium price for the opportunity to be anybody's Beta Tester and help them figure out what to do. When I asked for a link to documentation regarding how to login to the server and add a client I was told there is no documentation. What do I like best about Abacus Next? They are great entertainers and have helped me keep my blood moving.

Nachteile: We have heard nothing but excuses and spin and more spin. And practically everyone we have contact with at Abacus Next is continually pressuring us to buy more services. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! We are supposed to be transitioned off Cloud9 on March 05, 2018 but after today's dismal performance, another episode in the painful saga of Abacus Next we shall not let them move us until later in 2018 or 2019 even if it means we need to start some legal action. Today we got even more spin from their tech support who was supposed to assist with mapping out the process for our upcoming transition. He is a very nice, likable guy but did not appear to have a clue about anything. No idea how to set up a new client, what to put in the fields, could not even get us logged into our server. It appeared he was being coached by someone who knew even less than he did. It appears to me from what little I know from reading material on their website, their newsletters and other parts of the web that Abacus Next is in a growth mode buying up other companies. This concerns me deeply, and I wonder if they are growing so fast that they could get themselves in trouble. I have a bad gut-feeling about the stability of Abacus Next. For the record, I do not know anything about how their industry works so I could be mistaken and concerned about nothing. However, I do know good service from bad service, and so far all I have gotten from Abacus Next is terrible service.

Product is easy and self explanatory

Bewertet am 30.3.2018
Amy S.
Paralegal

Kommentare: Makes life easier to be able to access from the cloud.

Vorteile: Makes my job easier. Easy to learn software. The system allows all the tools I need to use to be in one central location, whether it is contact information, calendar, emails, notes, etc. I love the Abacus Private Cloud. It allows me and my employer access to our information from anywhere we are. I have not had any issues with the software and we have it installed on my bosses laptop, smartphone and desktop.

Nachteile: Text is small, but that could be that I haven't figure out to make it larger in the settings. Sometimes when accessing our network from the cloud it tends to run a little slower.

von Abacus Data Systems an 17.4.2018

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that the software makes your job easier and you found it easy to learn. We're thrilled to have you as a customer and look forward to continuing our partnership.

Best,
The AbacusNext Team

Our firm is a long term client of abacus. We love the APC version of the product.

Bewertet am 13.7.2018
Shannon S.
Certified Managing Paralegal

Kommentare: Flexibility and productivity

Vorteile: Flexibility is key. The APC allows us to work from anywhere, at any time, and make changes on the fly if needed. Our designated APC support TAM is very responsive and helps our firm be more productive.

Nachteile: The APC can sometimes be a little slow since access is generally impacted by internet speeds and how your system may interact with the product.

APC has been pleasure to work with from set up to use and growth from 2 users to 12 over 2 years

Bewertet am 6.7.2017
Eric S.
Partner
Anwaltskanzlei, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I most like (1) its reliability and security from any remote location and device, and (2) hot line customer service technical assistance within minutes of phoning in.

Nachteile: I would like to see the cost come down, but it is still a cost savings over managing our own network.

von Abacus Data Systems an 6.7.2017

Thank you for your feedback and we are happy to serve you as your technology partner as your team grows over time!

Easy, intuitive, keeps us on track. Customer support is awesome, friendly, so helpful!

Bewertet am 20.7.2018
Jaymie S.

Kommentare: Organization

Vorteile: Everything! Including the support. Abacus is always 2 steps ahead with functions we didn't even know we needed but makes our work so much easier!

Nachteile: Seems a little slow sometimes. There seems to be a lag for the cloud to send the signal to print. Also we can email large file attachments. Not sure if this is an Abacus problem though.

This program has it all

Bewertet am 20.7.2018
Michelle C.
Chief of Office Operations

Vorteile: I have been using this program for 7 years. We are currently on the cloud which is wonderful. I can access my client files from anywhere in the U.S. The customer support is quick and easy.

Nachteile: There are almost to many options. I am positive there are many more tools that I could be using but don't know about still.

Abacus Review

Bewertet am 15.10.2018
Susan M.
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I know where every account stands with their financial status at all times, and can just check the notes to see the latest on the events in the case.

Vorteile: Abacus is extremely user friendly, and the ability to access so much information with the click of a key is awesome.

Nachteile: When there are upgrades, we have a lot of problems getting the kinks worked out.

The tech was knowledgeable, personable & he resolved the issue quickly and correctly the first time.

Bewertet am 25.7.2018
Michael S.
Technical Support Specialist

Kommentare: Security for users - ease of use - accessible from anywhere.

Vorteile: The software is easy to use - people that are very familiar with high end technology and people that are new to cloud systems both find APC easy to use. As an administrator of the system - it's awesome that everything is secure.

Nachteile: The only con I see with this software is accessing it - we have to configure an RDP connection, which isn't difficulty or time consuming, but it would be nice to have a native means of access.