Abacus Private Cloud Erfahrungen

Über Abacus Private Cloud

Mach deine Praxis zukunftssicher mit skalierbarer Infrastruktur und vollständiger Datensicherheit mit Abacus Private Cloud.

Erfahre mehr über Abacus Private Cloud

It's ease of use, and the multiple functions you can utilize in the software.

Locked in long term contracts. Clunky difficult to use features.

Bewertungen zu Abacus Private Cloud

3,8
3,7
3,8
3,4

Abacus Private Cloud hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 113 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Abacus Private Cloud bereits verwendet?

James F.
James F.
Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig

ABACUS PRIVATE CLOUD - EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY, RELIABILITY & SERVICE

Kommentare: This platform outsources office computing (in my case, for a law office) to a proven, trusted vendor that provides excellent customer service, reliability and stability. This enables smaller companies (like mine) to take advantage of economies of scale; and achieve levels of quality, security and dependability in their computing network that otherwise would be to costly if done with local servers and IT support. This is a truly game-changing platform; professionally implemented
by a company of top notch network and data center experts. I am completely satisified with Abacus Private Cloud.

I have used Abacus Private Cloud since 06/14. Reliability, connectivity, uptime, and customer support are excellent. I eliminated local server hardware, local IT support, and local backups. My decision to go with with Abacus Private Cloud was the best decision I have made in 20 years of using computers in my law office.

Seriously, i have not found any downsides to this platform.

Jennifer A.
Business manager in USA

Fantastic cloud product

Kommentare: I am very pleased with this product.

I was worried about transitioning all of our data to the cloud but could not be more pleased with this product. I especially love the ability to work from any computer anywhere. The product is stable and reliable.

There were some things that did not transfer from our prior legal software but the important things all transferred.

Russell B.
Russell B.
CEO in USA

Stay away at all costs!

1,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Absolutely dreadful. The worst experience I have ever had with any company in 20+ years of business. I am stuck in a contract paying hundreds of dollars per month for an unusable piece of garbage.

The sales pitch is a managed, hosted VM environment with integrated technical support.

The VMS are completely unusable - slow, buggy, bogged down when anyone is running anything. No one can get any work done due to excessive lag. Many, many support tickets have been opened and no resolution has been given. I eventually gave up after 6 months and stopped trying to use it. Unfortunately I am stuck with a 5 year contract and so still have to pay. They tout 24/7 support. We called several times after hours and were told to leave a message and someone would call back. Not. One. Time. did anyone call me back. Having to call in for help every time we need to install an update is a huge annoyance.

Zuhairah A.
Zuhairah A.
Marketing Communications Specialist in Malaysia
Internet, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Private cloud for a business

The critical thing for us was that our consumers could quickly enter into the Cloud and retrieve their program - and that we can log in and see what they're doing if they get stuck. We don't have to go to each client location. The tech support staff is fantastic and delightful!

When our clients are unable to log in, we appear to be experiencing the same issue. The Cloud becomes frozen and can't even open for anybody if enough of our customer's log out incorrectly. This problem appears to be solvable in some way. In addition, the Cloud seems to be a little pricey.

Lynn G.
Manager in USA

Support, Support, Support!

Kommentare: We are not thrilled but I have not found another provider to house all the software that we use. The search will continue and we will be out when our contract is up

After you get a support person, the support is very good. They can always fix our problem

Password resets Lacerte updates To be told to complete a support ticket, when my work depends on getting help with a problem, is very frustrating. I just have to shut down and quit working. Other practitioners just laugh at the price that we are paying for Abacus.

Greg K.
General Manager in USA
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Software=Yes / Service = Could be Better

Kommentare: The software has functioned very well. Very few problems. The service side of the business really needs some improving. Many times calling in to the help line can easily take up to 20 minutes of holding or longer before a tech can assist me. The online portal is getting better with more available actions but still many times the need to talk to a tech is required. Adding users has taken up to 7 days for me. The service problem is my main disappointment with AbacusNext.

I like the ease of access and security of this program.

It is very locked down. Not able to easily update QuickBooks or other programs because of security settings.

Izzy R.
Legal Assistant in USA

Great Fast and Easy

Kommentare: Great, Amazing experience

It's really easy to use simple and fast it has access to so much information

We cannot have certain software updates on apps we use because they're not compatible

Janet B.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Poor experience(s), plural, long support waits, inflexibility, you have better solutions for Lacerte

Kommentare: I could see a 20 CPA firm who are growing and need the CRM to track clients and contacts using this and it not being too costly, but it is to costly in both price and downtime due to long support hold time to be a good partner for 1 to 10 CPA/tax preparer businesses.

Years ago OfficeTools was a way to share client contact information with employees, and integrate a billing system and CRM, but now there is much better competition out there for the cost they charge. Now I will use Right Networks' secure hosting solution for Lacerte, combined with SmartVault for storage for a one-stop cloud based remote work environment with 24 x 7 live support compared to AbacusNext.

Wow, where do I start? It is NOT meant for very small businesses like mine as I have downsized over the years, and AbacusNext has proven very inflexible with my request to terminate a very short time after an unannounced autorenewal. I asked to terminate and they said I had (unknown to me) just autorenewed and there was "nothing they could do," I would be forced to pay for a full year of full service. I mentioned an employee told me in writing I could change my service lineup slightly and save $200-$300/month just a few months earlier. Very boor business policies from sales. Prepare yourself for very long support hold times which will be interruptive to doing business, and then long times on the phone with tech support while they try to handle your issues. If you use Lacerte and host it with them, the cost of the time you will lose to waiting while your system access is down for any reason, or to sit through a Lacerte update at a busy time, as just two examples, will outweigh any benefit compared to their competitors. It is awful. You, you will spend 20 minutes to sometimes 45 minute to work with IT once you reach them. The IT personnel are great, they are not the issue, once you get them "live" on the phone (for 20 to 45 minutes).

Daniel S.
Controller/IT in USA
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Happy about the effort and response.

Kommentare: A roller coaster ride. There are good and bad things about this set up and company. I know they went through some growing pains themselves and we road along with them. I fee like they are heading in the right directions and making progress.

It is cloud based Uses the remote desktop system Creates a remote environment to function in. Security Support response has been getting better each year.

The overall cost is twice as much as everyone else. The control over the Office 365 account makes it difficult to efficiently function with our growing company. There have been features with the office 365 account that we would like to explore but can't because of the lack of control we have over the account. The constant issues that come up where the issue is tied to server resources or the lack there of. After two years I would hope the server needs were more dialed in. I also don't get the feeling that anyone takes the time to understand a 3rd party software. We use Lacerte, along with "1000" other clients, and there doesn't seem to be a Lacerte expert nor is there a partnership with Intuit to install it correctly in a terminal server environment. I have had 4 different people install lacerte it different ways (on the X drive, on the C drive, on a separate SSD drive,)

Anne D.
Paralegal in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy file sharing and information retrieval

Kommentare: Positive. It allows us to keep records on a large number of clients and files and to allow anyone in the office to retrieve the file. We are now able to retrieve 12 years of file information at the click of a mouse. Being able to view the calendar and files when we are cut off from the physical office is a wonderful perk.

We started with Abacus back in 2008 and switched to the Private Cloud about 4 years ago. Our office is on a barrier island in Florida so the Cloud made sense to us. We are able to work from home after evacuation orders are in place (until we loose power and internet) and don't have to worry about whether our backups are in a safe place -- all our information is safe and available to us through remote access. We love the fact we can open any client's file from any workstation and answer their questions. No more running around looking for a physical file before we can help them.

Lag times. On a normal in-office day everything usually runs fine. Except when the internet is down. Then all work grinds to a halt. When working offsite there can be a lag or delay that can get irritating. We also have several office staff members who are resistant to training and do not use it to its full ability. The same staff members are highly critical when glitches occur.

Norman U.
Lawyer/owner in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Moving to the Abacus cloud was quick and expertly executed. Very Pleased!

Kommentare: I run my entire law practice using Abacus Law and APC.

Abacus Law is indispensable in my practice. I've used it for many years and have adapted it to the specific areas of my practice. The calendaring system keeps me on track so that I meet all deadlines on time. Using Rules in calendaring allows me to enter many calendar items at once with just a few mouse clicks. Form generation and Outlook integration are wonderful features and easy to use. All of this is made even better using Abacus Private Cloud. Not only is Abacus Law always up-to-date, but Office 365 is always current as well. Additionally, not enough can be said for the excellent customer and technical support services provided by Abacus Law experts. I can say without hesitation that if you have an occasion to need help with an issue you will be very pleased with the attention you will receive. I used Abacus Law from an office-based server for many years. Servers aren't cheap. I upgraded my server every 4 to 5 years. Paying an IT tech to install the server, load all the software, and get all workstations connected more than doubled the cost of the server. Furthermore, I had the recurring cost of maintenance, protection against viruses, spyware, malware, ransomware etc, plus the cost of off-site backups. All those issues were a drain on my productivity and nerves. Therefore, I pulled the trigger and moved to Abacus Private Cloud. I'm extremely pleased with how easy the transition went. APC has it all figured out.

I have no real criticism to report. On my wish list would be a more robust word processing capability in the Notes windows, which would automatically check spelling and allow for easy-to-insert macros for boilerplate text entry - similar to quickparts and autocorrect features in Word.

Antwort von Abacus Data Systems

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience with Abacus. We are delighted to serve you with technology solutions that help you run your firm efficiently and securely!

Denise N.
President in USA
Buchhaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Accounting Plus, Inc. Review

Kommentare: We work with the customer service team at Abacus on a regular basis and I can't say enough good things about this group. They are patient, persistent, and easy to work with. We've also worked with staff and managers in other departments at Abacus and have had nothing but great experiences.

Our company migrated to APC from a set of 3 in-house legacy servers running all of our firm's software programs. We were vulnerable not only to hardware and software issues, but to the potential hacking of the very sensitive data we had collected over 15+ years in business. Our move to APC completely eliminated these concerns. It also made it possible to relocate our entire staff off-site during the COVID crisis in a matter of hours--something that would have been nearly impossible to accomplish securely and without impact to the performance of the system had we been on those old servers.

Our migration to APC wasn't without some frustration and a bit a of learning curve for our staff. Those initial issues were addressed by Abacus and problems were fixed and we're currently very happy with the state of our APC system. My least favorite things about the cloud environment are the difficulties in using local devices (i.e. USB peripherals such as printers, scanners, signature pads, flash drives, etc.) and the inability to load and update our own software on our cloud computers. But we've learned to live with these limitations and have adopted workarounds when possible.

Frederick D.
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

What Happened?

Kommentare: It used to be a responsive tech provider.

I have used Abacus software for about eight years, and Abacus Private Cloud/Next since it began. Until yesterday, I have received good technical support. I have now called eight times in the last 24 hours, and no one will return my call. I did receive an email from someone - once - who said he had called and left a message, but no call or message was received on my phone. I even used a separate phone on one call, in case they were blocking my number for some reason, but still no call back. I emailed the person who emailed me, and still no response. I cannot have my law practice shut down for a day - or more - just because some sharp MBA manager outsourced their tech support to ... god knows where!

It is vastly to complicated to use for any law firm smaller than 50 lawyers.

Robert N.
Adoption Attorney in USA

IT IS BETTER THAN CLONING A LAWYER

Kommentare: I am a solo attorney with a multi-state practice. APC has allowed me to automate my practice, from client intake to document production. I have used the Abacus products for over 13 years now and am very satisfied.

I have been an Abacus user since 2007 and on the Cloud ever since it was a little puff of smoke. The ability to have all my software managed and updated at one source, on a secure server with almost immediate access to an IT person everyday has turned out to be WAY more cost effective than a piecemeal approach to buying Office 365 here, a case management system and accounting program there, and PDF software at a third place... It not only saves me money, but also tons of time.

Way way back when Abacus went online with the Cloud, there were speed bumps (and I apologize for all the 4-letter words in those early emails), but the past few years, it has been very smooth sailing. I like the convenience of having my office EVERYWHERE that I am.

Antwort von AbacusNext

Hi Robert, Thank you so much for the kind words! We are always so grateful to hear that our solutions are making a difference for firms! If interested, we'd love to feature your customer story. Just let me know and we will set up a brief interview at your convenience!

Douglas W.
CEO in USA

Long Time User

Kommentare: Abacus Private Cloud allows me to do what I do best, provide quality service to my clients. I don't have to think about the software. I have my contacts, my notes, my calendar, all at my fingertips without having to tell a client, "please hold on while I get your file". I am organized and know where everything is without having to "fret". I absolutely enjoy using Abacus.

I have been a customer of Abacus for over twenty years. I first started with the company before the Abacus Private Cloud. One of the things that I loved about Abacus was their support. They could and would resolve any problem immediately. When Abacus began servicing customers with the cloud, things became even better. There is nothing better than to simply turn on your computer, go remote and know that all of your work is backed up, protected and accessible.

The software has a billing component to it. When it first came out, it was unworkable and I opted out of the billing. I don't know whether it has improved and//or whether the "bugs" have been worked out.

Antwort von AbacusNext

Hi Douglas, Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing that firms are finding so much success with our APC environment. Would you be interested in being a featured customer story? Please let me know if you are interested! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

Elliott K.

Abacus Private Cloud Review

Kommentare: I like the product very much. I compared it recently to other legal software programs that have similar functions and I think this one with all the additional features works the best for my office.

I like the integration of the court forms with the client base. The calendaring is excellent. If one uses the notes it is easy to keep track of the clients' information and keeps them updated. The ease of logging on from off-site is easy. We were able to have everyone work from home within 2 days of implementation. We don't need physical files and can put the clients' entire file on a dvd for storage. Service has always been very good. They walk you through what they are doing so you know how to do in in the future if necessary.

It is a bit expensive, and I would like them to give us a break on the price when we add users. Some part time users cost the same as full time. I would like it to integrate with an accounting program like QuickBooks.

Marla N.
Legal assistant in USA

Highly recommend Abacus Private Cloud

Kommentare: Very positive, most importantly the support team is quick to respond and always able to help.
I recommend APC highly.

The most important feature of the Abacus Private Cloud is the safety of the product. No fear of our computer being hacked. Everything thing is on the cloud. The software program keeps us organized, every matter is linked with names, notes, e-mails, documents and billing. It saves time and actually pays for itself in making sure all the work you do gets billed.

We initially purchased the Abacus software approximately 10 years ago. We switched to APC approximately 6-7 years ago, and have never regretted our decision.

Antwort von AbacusNext

Hi Marla! My name is Natalie and I work in the Marketing Dept for AbacusNext. I wanted to reach out and personally thank you for your feedback on APC. And I wondered if you would at all be interested in standing in as a reference for us with a prospective customer for AbacusLaw in our private cloud? In addition, we are currently looking for customers to feature in a few upcoming campaigns. Please let me know if you are interested in that as well! Thank you again! Sincerely, Natalie

Carol P.
Sr Staff Accountant in USA

Cloud based services

Kommentare: Overall, I like the remote access capability far more than services like Logmein or PC Anywhere. The screen quality (size and pixels) is so much better, and so much easier on the eyes. Access to scanner, fax and printer all seem to work well, too.

The advantage to the system for me is the ability to log into my desktop when at a client's location. It allows me real time access to the tax and accounting software, documents in our client management system, email and my calendar.

When the system is down, you are dead in the water. You loose access to everything!! No client phone numbers, email, your calendar, etc, in addition to the various software programs. The frequency of service interruption - I loose connection at least once a day. During the peak periods in tax season, it happened many times a day. It also happened routinely at the same time every evening. Customer service said they would track to figure out why, but it never happened after repeated requests. Customer service has been very responsive lately, but previously, if you called after about 11 AM EST, you never heard back and would need to recall the next day. Once you get a hold of someone, they are very helpful.

Zachary B.
Partner in USA

Great Service - but it’s getting pricier

Kommentare: I think it’s a great product. With great functionality. Overall it’s a must have product. There are some areas that could be improved, but I have always felt like Abacus was always self evaluating and continually improving functionality and features. They listen and problem solve whenever you have problems.

The front and back office functionality is great. The abacus system and matters combined with the accounting piece is huge.

When it crashes, it gets frustrating. Sometimes the accounting software boots you out mid billing and that is extremely frustrating. And after hours, it isn’t as easy as it used to be to get assistance, so we find ourselves waiting until normal business hours, which impacts our ability to be in court as we are sometimes dealing with abacus issues instead.

Antwort von AbacusNext

Hi Zachary, Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing that firms are finding so much success with our solutions. Would you be interested in being a featured customer story? Please let me know if you are interested! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

Elizabeth M.
CPA/Owner in USA
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Very good before Abacus took over

Kommentare: If it hadn't been for the good experience with Cloud9 Realtime, I never would have remained with Abacus.

Once we got through the MANY problems encountered and the COUNTLESS hours spent troubleshooting issues with various technicians due to the conversion to the new Windows platform, the software ultimately works and our users have no issues accessing their QB files.

The fact that the technical support is hit or miss. There were numerous issues between June and January that cost us hours and hours of time, starting with our emails being blacklisted by Abacus. We spent quite a bit of time being bounced around by your techs insisting it was our mail exchange creating the problem. Then we moved into the Microsoft server upgrade and data conversion. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team made this as time consuming as possible for us. After that, we ran into major glitches getting the upgrades to run-more time spent on our end until we found the tech that knew what he was doing.

James M.

Safe and easy

Kommentare: The main benefit is the safety and security of our data. Knowing it won't be lost no matter what happens to my computer, and knowing there are smart tech people a phone call away to fix whatever goes wrong, is invaluable to me.

We've been using the Abacus Private Cloud for about a year now and it has been an excellent service. Very easy to use and adaptable to the programs we use. What I like most though is that our client data is safe. We share office space with a firm that does not use Abacus Private Cloud and they recently were the victims of a ransomware attack where all of their data was seized. They elected not to pay the ransom and subsequently lost ALL of their data. While no system can ever be totally secure, I sleep much better at night knowing that our data is as secure as it can be. I purchased a new computer two weeks ago and called the Abacus support to get my new computer onto the cloud network. They had me installed and up and running in about 2 minutes. I really couldn't ask for better service.

I don't have any cons worth mentioning right now. No software is perfect for every application but abacus does everything I need right now.

Autunm B.
Anwaltskanzlei, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Cloudbased for Times Such as These

Fully mobile cloud base and exactly the same no matter where you use it. I love the feature that prompts you to bill.

It can be glitch-y and hard to get a person to understand the issues when you call customer service. It is expensive.

Antwort von AbacusNext

Hi Autumn, Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate it! Would you be interested in being one of our featured customer stories? We are hearing countless testimonials about our APC environment due to the current state and we want to share your experience! Let me know what you think! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

Barbara Z.
Partner in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Customer service is terrible. Rates changed without notice. Charge you to get your data back.

Kommentare: It is hard to identify benefits when our experience turned so sour. We are finding PCLaw is providing a lot more benefits than Abacus.

The private cloud service worked well even though we regularly ran out of space and had a price increase to add more. Customer service on the private cloud was good.

We left Abacus Law after years because the new releases had a lot of bugs and using customer service was time consuming and some problems were never fixed. When we went to leave at the end of our contract, they took 2 weeks to send us the cancellation form and by then it was too late to give the 30 days notice. The contact went to month-to-month at nearly double the contract rate. We were given no notice at all of the monthly rate - yet alone notice in time to cancel. Abacus refuses to discuss this issue with us and has taken the position of "we have your money so sue us if you are unhappy."

Mike A.
Director of Digital Technologies in USA
Rechtsberatung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Still working out problems 4 years later

Kommentare: Technical Support is usually difficult to connect with (1-2 hour wait for a call back). Would like to say they are excellent, but reliable is the best I can say.

APC is not software, but a cloud server. It has been convenient being able to access our files remotely.

Implementation did not start for 9 months after signing agreement. Implementation was forced to happen by us.

Antwort von AbacusNext

Hi Mike, Thank you for your feedback. you mention that there are still problems being worked out. Do you have any specific issues you'd like me to escalate to our support leadership team?

Caroline E.
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

AbacusLaw has Grown with my Firm!

Kommentare: Exceptional! Despite some internet connectivity challenges in our small rural state, the Abacus Private Cloud implementation team were exceptionally patient, creative and persistent. They went above and beyond for our firm. We are now into our second year of Abacus Private Cloud, and I am not sure how we survived without it for so long. We love it!

The shared network allowed my small firm to group from one attorney to three attorneys efficiently. We can all enter our time for billing on the shared accounting platform, which saves me huge time as the firm billing attorney. I know that our firm's work product is in a secure cloud and that it is being backed up continuously.

I practice in a small rural state. Our internet connectivity has challenged that posed problems in implementation and installation. We still run a little slower than most, I am sure, because of connectivity challenges. Nonetheless, I would not go back to our prior system ever. I am extremely pleased with the software and with Abacus Private cloud.