Abacus Private Cloud Erfahrungen

Über Abacus Private Cloud

Mach deine Praxis zukunftssicher mit skalierbarer Infrastruktur und vollständiger Datensicherheit mit Abacus Private Cloud.

Erfahre mehr über Abacus Private Cloud

How it saving alot of time making our business more easy.

Bewertungen zu Abacus Private Cloud

3,8
3,7
3,8
3,4

Abacus Private Cloud hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 116 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Abacus Private Cloud bereits verwendet?

James
James
Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig

ABACUS PRIVATE CLOUD - EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY, RELIABILITY & SERVICE

Kommentare: This platform outsources office computing (in my case, for a law office) to a proven, trusted vendor that provides excellent customer service, reliability and stability. This enables smaller companies (like mine) to take advantage of economies of scale; and achieve levels of quality, security and dependability in their computing network that otherwise would be to costly if done with local servers and IT support. This is a truly game-changing platform; professionally implemented
by a company of top notch network and data center experts. I am completely satisified with Abacus Private Cloud.

I have used Abacus Private Cloud since 06/14. Reliability, connectivity, uptime, and customer support are excellent. I eliminated local server hardware, local IT support, and local backups. My decision to go with with Abacus Private Cloud was the best decision I have made in 20 years of using computers in my law office.

Seriously, i have not found any downsides to this platform.

Jennifer
Business manager in USA

Fantastic cloud product

Kommentare: I am very pleased with this product.

I was worried about transitioning all of our data to the cloud but could not be more pleased with this product. I especially love the ability to work from any computer anywhere. The product is stable and reliable.

There were some things that did not transfer from our prior legal software but the important things all transferred.

Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Abacus Law Software is awkward to use, missing features, full of errors and the Cloud does not work

Kommentare: The first 1 1/2 years of Abacus Private Cloud was fine. Then they changed my "private server" or reduced allocated RAM memory, resulting daily crashes. Avoid all Abacus products. They refused to let me out of the last year of my three year contract. They also lied about backup (only 30 days of back up unless you pay them more). They do not let you add any third party cloud based backups except Dropbox if you can get it to work. The customer rep does nothing to help.

It allows easy remote access through remote desktop

Avoid all abacus products. The Abacus Law software practice management is clunky, slow and counterintuitive. It also uses outdated judicial council forms, has spelling errors, the billing and accounting is awkward and not designed how a lawyer thinks to bill a client. The Abacus Private Cloud is NOT private, but a shared server, which is a lie when they sell it to you. The APC will not work well and crash almost daily. They try to upsell you more "allocated memory" after they change the settings to make your "private cloud" not work well. The Customer Rep service is non-existent. However, the individual IT techs are extremely nice, they vary in abilities, but they also express they are hampered by what they can do. It also seems that after Abacus was sold last year, they reduced services and even if you have a contract they want to provide less service and charge more.

Zuhairah
Zuhairah
Marketing Communications Specialist in Malaysia
Internet, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Private cloud for a business

The critical thing for us was that our consumers could quickly enter into the Cloud and retrieve their program - and that we can log in and see what they're doing if they get stuck. We don't have to go to each client location. The tech support staff is fantastic and delightful!

When our clients are unable to log in, we appear to be experiencing the same issue. The Cloud becomes frozen and can't even open for anybody if enough of our customer's log out incorrectly. This problem appears to be solvable in some way. In addition, the Cloud seems to be a little pricey.

Lynn
Manager in USA

Support, Support, Support!

Kommentare: We are not thrilled but I have not found another provider to house all the software that we use. The search will continue and we will be out when our contract is up

After you get a support person, the support is very good. They can always fix our problem

Password resets Lacerte updates To be told to complete a support ticket, when my work depends on getting help with a problem, is very frustrating. I just have to shut down and quit working. Other practitioners just laugh at the price that we are paying for Abacus.

Russell
Russell
CEO in USA

Stay away at all costs!

Kommentare: Absolutely dreadful. The worst experience I have ever had with any company in 20+ years of business. I am stuck in a contract paying hundreds of dollars per month for an unusable piece of garbage.

The sales pitch is a managed, hosted VM environment with integrated technical support.

The VMS are completely unusable - slow, buggy, bogged down when anyone is running anything. No one can get any work done due to excessive lag. Many, many support tickets have been opened and no resolution has been given. I eventually gave up after 6 months and stopped trying to use it. Unfortunately I am stuck with a 5 year contract and so still have to pay. They tout 24/7 support. We called several times after hours and were told to leave a message and someone would call back. Not. One. Time. did anyone call me back. Having to call in for help every time we need to install an update is a huge annoyance.

Greg
General Manager in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Software=Yes / Service = Could be Better

Kommentare: The software has functioned very well. Very few problems. The service side of the business really needs some improving. Many times calling in to the help line can easily take up to 20 minutes of holding or longer before a tech can assist me. The online portal is getting better with more available actions but still many times the need to talk to a tech is required. Adding users has taken up to 7 days for me. The service problem is my main disappointment with AbacusNext.

I like the ease of access and security of this program.

It is very locked down. Not able to easily update QuickBooks or other programs because of security settings.

Izzy
Legal Assistant in USA

Great Fast and Easy

Kommentare: Great, Amazing experience

It's really easy to use simple and fast it has access to so much information

We cannot have certain software updates on apps we use because they're not compatible

Anne
Paralegal in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy file sharing and information retrieval

Kommentare: Positive. It allows us to keep records on a large number of clients and files and to allow anyone in the office to retrieve the file. We are now able to retrieve 12 years of file information at the click of a mouse. Being able to view the calendar and files when we are cut off from the physical office is a wonderful perk.

We started with Abacus back in 2008 and switched to the Private Cloud about 4 years ago. Our office is on a barrier island in Florida so the Cloud made sense to us. We are able to work from home after evacuation orders are in place (until we loose power and internet) and don't have to worry about whether our backups are in a safe place -- all our information is safe and available to us through remote access. We love the fact we can open any client's file from any workstation and answer their questions. No more running around looking for a physical file before we can help them.

Lag times. On a normal in-office day everything usually runs fine. Except when the internet is down. Then all work grinds to a halt. When working offsite there can be a lag or delay that can get irritating. We also have several office staff members who are resistant to training and do not use it to its full ability. The same staff members are highly critical when glitches occur.

Elliott
Attorney in USA

Abacus Private Cloud Review

Kommentare: I like the product very much. I compared it recently to other legal software programs that have similar functions and I think this one with all the additional features works the best for my office.

I like the integration of the court forms with the client base. The calendaring is excellent. If one uses the notes it is easy to keep track of the clients' information and keeps them updated. The ease of logging on from off-site is easy. We were able to have everyone work from home within 2 days of implementation. We don't need physical files and can put the clients' entire file on a dvd for storage. Service has always been very good. They walk you through what they are doing so you know how to do in in the future if necessary.

It is a bit expensive, and I would like them to give us a break on the price when we add users. Some part time users cost the same as full time. I would like it to integrate with an accounting program like QuickBooks.

LAURA
Manager in USA

Promises made, not kept

Kommentare: I would not recommend it for a multi-office accounting firm. The concept is great if it works. I would definitely talk to a tech person, not the sales person, before even considering the switch. In addition, if there is any hesitancy on their end about a program, etc..., I would not go with them. They have a problem with the right hand knowing what the left hand has promised and they drop off the face of the earth when they don't know what to do to assist you with a problem.

The transition was mostly smooth but there were a couple of programs that we could not get to work on the cloud. It was nice having (mostly) all programs in one place for access because we have two offices that are dependent of each other for data purposes but we could access the other office data if needed.

Abacus knew everything about our firm at the outset, even before we signed the contract, and yet they did not allow enough resources (processing power) for us to work efficiently. The programs always had some lag to them and we could never find the right person to address our issues. We went through a tax season with minimal support and slow programs and their answer ended up being not enough resources and a hefty price tag to get us up to where we should have been in the first place, but they just wanted to make the sale. We were assigned a person as our liason and most often we would not get a response when reaching out to them, so we would reach out to our sales person and basically anyone who would listen just trying to get help. Both of our office's internet speeds were over what was required, so that was not our issue. We feel like we were talked into something to make the sale, then we were put on the back burner and not provided what we were promised. We purchased early September and promised to be up and running by end of October and by the we were not fully functional yet in January. Granted we have a good many programs, but again, it was all provided to them up front and they guaranteed it would not be a problem. We cut ties the following October, after working in it for 1 tax season and not getting the results we needed to run efficiently without a large additional monthly outflow.

Robert
Adoption Attorney in USA

IT IS BETTER THAN CLONING A LAWYER

Kommentare: I am a solo attorney with a multi-state practice. APC has allowed me to automate my practice, from client intake to document production. I have used the Abacus products for over 13 years now and am very satisfied.

I have been an Abacus user since 2007 and on the Cloud ever since it was a little puff of smoke. The ability to have all my software managed and updated at one source, on a secure server with almost immediate access to an IT person everyday has turned out to be WAY more cost effective than a piecemeal approach to buying Office 365 here, a case management system and accounting program there, and PDF software at a third place... It not only saves me money, but also tons of time.

Way way back when Abacus went online with the Cloud, there were speed bumps (and I apologize for all the 4-letter words in those early emails), but the past few years, it has been very smooth sailing. I like the convenience of having my office EVERYWHERE that I am.

Antwort von CARET

Hi Robert, Thank you so much for the kind words! We are always so grateful to hear that our solutions are making a difference for firms! If interested, we'd love to feature your customer story. Just let me know and we will set up a brief interview at your convenience!

Marla
Legal assistant in USA

Highly recommend Abacus Private Cloud

Kommentare: Very positive, most importantly the support team is quick to respond and always able to help.
I recommend APC highly.

The most important feature of the Abacus Private Cloud is the safety of the product. No fear of our computer being hacked. Everything thing is on the cloud. The software program keeps us organized, every matter is linked with names, notes, e-mails, documents and billing. It saves time and actually pays for itself in making sure all the work you do gets billed.

We initially purchased the Abacus software approximately 10 years ago. We switched to APC approximately 6-7 years ago, and have never regretted our decision.

Antwort von CARET

Hi Marla! My name is Natalie and I work in the Marketing Dept for AbacusNext. I wanted to reach out and personally thank you for your feedback on APC. And I wondered if you would at all be interested in standing in as a reference for us with a prospective customer for AbacusLaw in our private cloud? In addition, we are currently looking for customers to feature in a few upcoming campaigns. Please let me know if you are interested in that as well! Thank you again! Sincerely, Natalie

Elizabeth
CPA/Owner in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very good before Abacus took over

Kommentare: If it hadn't been for the good experience with Cloud9 Realtime, I never would have remained with Abacus.

Once we got through the MANY problems encountered and the COUNTLESS hours spent troubleshooting issues with various technicians due to the conversion to the new Windows platform, the software ultimately works and our users have no issues accessing their QB files.

The fact that the technical support is hit or miss. There were numerous issues between June and January that cost us hours and hours of time, starting with our emails being blacklisted by Abacus. We spent quite a bit of time being bounced around by your techs insisting it was our mail exchange creating the problem. Then we moved into the Microsoft server upgrade and data conversion. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team made this as time consuming as possible for us. After that, we ran into major glitches getting the upgrades to run-more time spent on our end until we found the tech that knew what he was doing.

Barbara
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Customer service is terrible. Rates changed without notice. Charge you to get your data back.

Kommentare: It is hard to identify benefits when our experience turned so sour. We are finding PCLaw is providing a lot more benefits than Abacus.

The private cloud service worked well even though we regularly ran out of space and had a price increase to add more. Customer service on the private cloud was good.

We left Abacus Law after years because the new releases had a lot of bugs and using customer service was time consuming and some problems were never fixed. When we went to leave at the end of our contract, they took 2 weeks to send us the cancellation form and by then it was too late to give the 30 days notice. The contact went to month-to-month at nearly double the contract rate. We were given no notice at all of the monthly rate - yet alone notice in time to cancel. Abacus refuses to discuss this issue with us and has taken the position of "we have your money so sue us if you are unhappy."

Caroline
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

AbacusLaw has Grown with my Firm!

Kommentare: Exceptional! Despite some internet connectivity challenges in our small rural state, the Abacus Private Cloud implementation team were exceptionally patient, creative and persistent. They went above and beyond for our firm. We are now into our second year of Abacus Private Cloud, and I am not sure how we survived without it for so long. We love it!

The shared network allowed my small firm to group from one attorney to three attorneys efficiently. We can all enter our time for billing on the shared accounting platform, which saves me huge time as the firm billing attorney. I know that our firm's work product is in a secure cloud and that it is being backed up continuously.

I practice in a small rural state. Our internet connectivity has challenged that posed problems in implementation and installation. We still run a little slower than most, I am sure, because of connectivity challenges. Nonetheless, I would not go back to our prior system ever. I am extremely pleased with the software and with Abacus Private cloud.

Mary Ellen
Paralegal in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Abacus Private Cloud- Review

Easy to use; easy to learn; had lots of classes; but also user friendly so that I could actually learn it on my own

Cannot group bills; have to enter all bill separately;

Antwort von CARET

Dear Mary, Thank you for taking the time to review Abacus Private Cloud. We're so glad you find it user-friendly and that you've taken advantage of our training resources. Since billing isn't a feature of APC, are you referring to billing in AbacusLaw? If so, feel free to leave a review on our AbacusLaw page. Your feedback helps us make our products better. We appreciate your business and look forward to being part of your practice for years to come! Sincerely, The team at AbacusNext

Rebekka
Operations Manager in USA

Don't Want Anyone Else to Experience What We Did

It's an option if you need a cloud-based environment but I suggest you look elsewhere.

We had several occurrences of not being able to get onto the platform, and once it was for 3 consecutive days. In a field of hard deadlines, it's not acceptable. There were absolutely no concessions made. In general, customer service was below par.

Antwort von CARET

Hi Rebekka, Thank you for taking the time to review Abacus Private Cloud. Although our records show that your cancellation took place over two years ago, we apologize for any frustration you experienced. Since then, we've made significant improvements to our customer care process and added some exciting new capabilities to APC. Our aim moving forward is to provide exceptional customer service and a flawless product, and your feedback helps us deliver on that goal. Sincerely, The team at AbacusNext

Mark
Records Technician / Accident Re-constructionist in USA

CaseMap Customer Support's quick and concise response with a solution.

There are many with CaseMap: the ability to build a medical chronology; the CaseWide graph to show the medical chronology in a visual format; linking names, organizations, documents, medicines, etc.; the filtering capability along with the ability to customize filters.

I wish I had more flexibility with the CaseWide graph: to have the ability to select or differentiate between two (or more) filters by using separate colors that would distinguish the filtered criteria on the graph; the ability to adjust the date range of graph to get rid of dead space on the graph.

Travis
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Great IT Service for remote accounting firm

Kommentare: I now have a secure form of communication with my clients and one stop place to work and deliver my work to clients as well.

I needed an IT service that provided security and complete resources for my business and they provided an excellent comprehensive package with security.

The learning curve was the hardest to get used to but I found it very fluid once I got the hang of all the integrations.

Antwort von CARET

Hi Travis, Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing that firms are finding so much success with our solutions. Would you be interested in being a featured customer story? Please let me know if you are interested! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

Marcia
Senior Litigation Specialist in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The only issue I have with Abacus is having renew my password every 90 days.

Kommentare: I love love love the NOTES section. When I do anything at all I put them into notes. Therefore my attorney can actually see what exactly is going on in the case. She does not have to ask about status nor do I have to remember.

I have used other programs throughout the years and feel this program actually connects all issues together. From Outlook to calendaring to matters, etc. it flows easily.

That is truly one of the only issues I have with the software plus I do not feel getting the correct department on your telephone lines user friendly.

Joanna
Controller in USA
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Dont sign up for Quickbooks through Abacus

Kommentare: We are so unhappy about this situation that it erases anything positive we could say if there was something nice to say.

It's not about their software, its about Abacus not honoring their contract and responsibilites.

Abacus is paid for our contract monthly, with our credit card that is on file. They failed to pay Intuit/Quickbooks and when I tried to forward the emails from Quickbooks suggesting lack of payment will result in them turning off our access to QB, I got no responses from my sales rep at Abacus. I called, made a case and am now 3 days waiting for them to resolve it. QB says it's simply a payment they need to turn it back on and Abacus isn't paying the fee so we are without our company file now.

Cecilia
Attorney in USA

Love the Concept

Kommentare: I have increased productivity by using the cloud. Having all information stored and readily accessible has saved time which in turn makes money.
Customer service is typically very good but occasionally I have been dissatisfied at hold times.

I like the idea of having all my information in one place and an immediate backup in case of a catastrophe.

The connection is to slow. There is a delay in typing a document in my word processing. I have to wait several minutes at times for programs to open. I do not like that there is an expiration of connection throughout the day when idle. I have already exceeded the storage package I purchased, so cost continue to rise.

Colin

Abacus' Hosted Quickbooks solution is total garbage

Kommentare: Occasionally it has worked as intended.

Right now I can't think of a single one. The Cloud 9 functioned well until the September ransomware attach that took it down. We were then compelled by Abacus to move, yet again, to another server for "improved" security. We have two months in two conversions at this point.

We converted ourselves and multiple clients we host to Abacus "Secure" Hosted Quickbooks solution and in the last month we have not gone a single day without access problems. We run the risk of losing ten of thousands of dollars in customer relationship due to our selection of this provider.

Antwort von CARET

Hello Colin, I'm so sorry to hear that you've had trouble using the program. Please reach out to Reviews@abacusnext.com and I'll have your case escalated

Firm Administrator in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

We are pleased

Kommentare: Overall, we are pleased and would recommend the software to our colleagues.

We were a very complicated law practice and Abacus worked diligently with us to get the system to meet our needs and they got it up and running in little time. We love the customer service. They either answer immediately or return our call very promptly.

We operate in their cloud environment. Occasionally, it moves slower than my fingers type and it plays catch up for a few moments.