Abacus Private Cloud Erfahrungen

Über Abacus Private Cloud

Mach deine Praxis zukunftssicher mit skalierbarer Infrastruktur und vollständiger Datensicherheit mit Abacus Private Cloud.

Erfahre mehr über Abacus Private Cloud

It's ease of use, and the multiple functions you can utilize in the software.

Locked in long term contracts. Clunky difficult to use features.

Bewertungen zu Abacus Private Cloud

3,8
3,7
3,8
3,4

Abacus Private Cloud hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 115 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Abacus Private Cloud bereits verwendet?

Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig

ABACUS PRIVATE CLOUD - EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY, RELIABILITY & SERVICE

Kommentare: This platform outsources office computing (in my case, for a law office) to a proven, trusted vendor that provides excellent customer service, reliability and stability. This enables smaller companies (like mine) to take advantage of economies of scale; and achieve levels of quality, security and dependability in their computing network that otherwise would be to costly if done with local servers and IT support. This is a truly game-changing platform; professionally implemented
by a company of top notch network and data center experts. I am completely satisified with Abacus Private Cloud.

I have used Abacus Private Cloud since 06/14. Reliability, connectivity, uptime, and customer support are excellent. I eliminated local server hardware, local IT support, and local backups. My decision to go with with Abacus Private Cloud was the best decision I have made in 20 years of using computers in my law office.

Seriously, i have not found any downsides to this platform.

Jennifer
Business manager in USA

Fantastic cloud product

Kommentare: I am very pleased with this product.

I was worried about transitioning all of our data to the cloud but could not be more pleased with this product. I especially love the ability to work from any computer anywhere. The product is stable and reliable.

There were some things that did not transfer from our prior legal software but the important things all transferred.

LAURA
Manager in USA

Promises made, not kept

Kommentare: I would not recommend it for a multi-office accounting firm. The concept is great if it works. I would definitely talk to a tech person, not the sales person, before even considering the switch. In addition, if there is any hesitancy on their end about a program, etc..., I would not go with them. They have a problem with the right hand knowing what the left hand has promised and they drop off the face of the earth when they don't know what to do to assist you with a problem.

The transition was mostly smooth but there were a couple of programs that we could not get to work on the cloud. It was nice having (mostly) all programs in one place for access because we have two offices that are dependent of each other for data purposes but we could access the other office data if needed.

Abacus knew everything about our firm at the outset, even before we signed the contract, and yet they did not allow enough resources (processing power) for us to work efficiently. The programs always had some lag to them and we could never find the right person to address our issues. We went through a tax season with minimal support and slow programs and their answer ended up being not enough resources and a hefty price tag to get us up to where we should have been in the first place, but they just wanted to make the sale. We were assigned a person as our liason and most often we would not get a response when reaching out to them, so we would reach out to our sales person and basically anyone who would listen just trying to get help. Both of our office's internet speeds were over what was required, so that was not our issue. We feel like we were talked into something to make the sale, then we were put on the back burner and not provided what we were promised. We purchased early September and promised to be up and running by end of October and by the we were not fully functional yet in January. Granted we have a good many programs, but again, it was all provided to them up front and they guaranteed it would not be a problem. We cut ties the following October, after working in it for 1 tax season and not getting the results we needed to run efficiently without a large additional monthly outflow.

Zuhairah
Zuhairah
Marketing Communications Specialist in Malaysia
Internet, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Private cloud for a business

The critical thing for us was that our consumers could quickly enter into the Cloud and retrieve their program - and that we can log in and see what they're doing if they get stuck. We don't have to go to each client location. The tech support staff is fantastic and delightful!

When our clients are unable to log in, we appear to be experiencing the same issue. The Cloud becomes frozen and can't even open for anybody if enough of our customer's log out incorrectly. This problem appears to be solvable in some way. In addition, the Cloud seems to be a little pricey.

Lynn
Manager in USA

Support, Support, Support!

Kommentare: We are not thrilled but I have not found another provider to house all the software that we use. The search will continue and we will be out when our contract is up

After you get a support person, the support is very good. They can always fix our problem

Password resets Lacerte updates To be told to complete a support ticket, when my work depends on getting help with a problem, is very frustrating. I just have to shut down and quit working. Other practitioners just laugh at the price that we are paying for Abacus.

Russell
Russell
CEO in USA

Stay away at all costs!

Kommentare: Absolutely dreadful. The worst experience I have ever had with any company in 20+ years of business. I am stuck in a contract paying hundreds of dollars per month for an unusable piece of garbage.

The sales pitch is a managed, hosted VM environment with integrated technical support.

The VMS are completely unusable - slow, buggy, bogged down when anyone is running anything. No one can get any work done due to excessive lag. Many, many support tickets have been opened and no resolution has been given. I eventually gave up after 6 months and stopped trying to use it. Unfortunately I am stuck with a 5 year contract and so still have to pay. They tout 24/7 support. We called several times after hours and were told to leave a message and someone would call back. Not. One. Time. did anyone call me back. Having to call in for help every time we need to install an update is a huge annoyance.

Greg
General Manager in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Software=Yes / Service = Could be Better

Kommentare: The software has functioned very well. Very few problems. The service side of the business really needs some improving. Many times calling in to the help line can easily take up to 20 minutes of holding or longer before a tech can assist me. The online portal is getting better with more available actions but still many times the need to talk to a tech is required. Adding users has taken up to 7 days for me. The service problem is my main disappointment with AbacusNext.

I like the ease of access and security of this program.

It is very locked down. Not able to easily update QuickBooks or other programs because of security settings.

Izzy
Legal Assistant in USA

Great Fast and Easy

Kommentare: Great, Amazing experience

It's really easy to use simple and fast it has access to so much information

We cannot have certain software updates on apps we use because they're not compatible

Anne
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy file sharing and information retrieval

Kommentare: Positive. It allows us to keep records on a large number of clients and files and to allow anyone in the office to retrieve the file. We are now able to retrieve 12 years of file information at the click of a mouse. Being able to view the calendar and files when we are cut off from the physical office is a wonderful perk.

We started with Abacus back in 2008 and switched to the Private Cloud about 4 years ago. Our office is on a barrier island in Florida so the Cloud made sense to us. We are able to work from home after evacuation orders are in place (until we loose power and internet) and don't have to worry about whether our backups are in a safe place -- all our information is safe and available to us through remote access. We love the fact we can open any client's file from any workstation and answer their questions. No more running around looking for a physical file before we can help them.

Lag times. On a normal in-office day everything usually runs fine. Except when the internet is down. Then all work grinds to a halt. When working offsite there can be a lag or delay that can get irritating. We also have several office staff members who are resistant to training and do not use it to its full ability. The same staff members are highly critical when glitches occur.

Elliott
Attorney in USA

Abacus Private Cloud Review

Kommentare: I like the product very much. I compared it recently to other legal software programs that have similar functions and I think this one with all the additional features works the best for my office.

I like the integration of the court forms with the client base. The calendaring is excellent. If one uses the notes it is easy to keep track of the clients' information and keeps them updated. The ease of logging on from off-site is easy. We were able to have everyone work from home within 2 days of implementation. We don't need physical files and can put the clients' entire file on a dvd for storage. Service has always been very good. They walk you through what they are doing so you know how to do in in the future if necessary.

It is a bit expensive, and I would like them to give us a break on the price when we add users. Some part time users cost the same as full time. I would like it to integrate with an accounting program like QuickBooks.

Denise
President in USA

Accounting Plus, Inc. Review

Kommentare: We work with the customer service team at Abacus on a regular basis and I can't say enough good things about this group. They are patient, persistent, and easy to work with. We've also worked with staff and managers in other departments at Abacus and have had nothing but great experiences.

Our company migrated to APC from a set of 3 in-house legacy servers running all of our firm's software programs. We were vulnerable not only to hardware and software issues, but to the potential hacking of the very sensitive data we had collected over 15+ years in business. Our move to APC completely eliminated these concerns. It also made it possible to relocate our entire staff off-site during the COVID crisis in a matter of hours--something that would have been nearly impossible to accomplish securely and without impact to the performance of the system had we been on those old servers.

Our migration to APC wasn't without some frustration and a bit a of learning curve for our staff. Those initial issues were addressed by Abacus and problems were fixed and we're currently very happy with the state of our APC system. My least favorite things about the cloud environment are the difficulties in using local devices (i.e. USB peripherals such as printers, scanners, signature pads, flash drives, etc.) and the inability to load and update our own software on our cloud computers. But we've learned to live with these limitations and have adopted workarounds when possible.

Robert
Adoption Attorney in USA

IT IS BETTER THAN CLONING A LAWYER

Kommentare: I am a solo attorney with a multi-state practice. APC has allowed me to automate my practice, from client intake to document production. I have used the Abacus products for over 13 years now and am very satisfied.

I have been an Abacus user since 2007 and on the Cloud ever since it was a little puff of smoke. The ability to have all my software managed and updated at one source, on a secure server with almost immediate access to an IT person everyday has turned out to be WAY more cost effective than a piecemeal approach to buying Office 365 here, a case management system and accounting program there, and PDF software at a third place... It not only saves me money, but also tons of time.

Way way back when Abacus went online with the Cloud, there were speed bumps (and I apologize for all the 4-letter words in those early emails), but the past few years, it has been very smooth sailing. I like the convenience of having my office EVERYWHERE that I am.

Antwort von CARET

Hi Robert, Thank you so much for the kind words! We are always so grateful to hear that our solutions are making a difference for firms! If interested, we'd love to feature your customer story. Just let me know and we will set up a brief interview at your convenience!

Zachary

Great Service - but it’s getting pricier

Kommentare: I think it’s a great product. With great functionality. Overall it’s a must have product. There are some areas that could be improved, but I have always felt like Abacus was always self evaluating and continually improving functionality and features. They listen and problem solve whenever you have problems.

The front and back office functionality is great. The abacus system and matters combined with the accounting piece is huge.

When it crashes, it gets frustrating. Sometimes the accounting software boots you out mid billing and that is extremely frustrating. And after hours, it isn’t as easy as it used to be to get assistance, so we find ourselves waiting until normal business hours, which impacts our ability to be in court as we are sometimes dealing with abacus issues instead.

Antwort von CARET

Hi Zachary, Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing that firms are finding so much success with our solutions. Would you be interested in being a featured customer story? Please let me know if you are interested! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

Elizabeth
CPA/Owner in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very good before Abacus took over

Kommentare: If it hadn't been for the good experience with Cloud9 Realtime, I never would have remained with Abacus.

Once we got through the MANY problems encountered and the COUNTLESS hours spent troubleshooting issues with various technicians due to the conversion to the new Windows platform, the software ultimately works and our users have no issues accessing their QB files.

The fact that the technical support is hit or miss. There were numerous issues between June and January that cost us hours and hours of time, starting with our emails being blacklisted by Abacus. We spent quite a bit of time being bounced around by your techs insisting it was our mail exchange creating the problem. Then we moved into the Microsoft server upgrade and data conversion. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team made this as time consuming as possible for us. After that, we ran into major glitches getting the upgrades to run-more time spent on our end until we found the tech that knew what he was doing.

Barbara
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Customer service is terrible. Rates changed without notice. Charge you to get your data back.

Kommentare: It is hard to identify benefits when our experience turned so sour. We are finding PCLaw is providing a lot more benefits than Abacus.

The private cloud service worked well even though we regularly ran out of space and had a price increase to add more. Customer service on the private cloud was good.

We left Abacus Law after years because the new releases had a lot of bugs and using customer service was time consuming and some problems were never fixed. When we went to leave at the end of our contract, they took 2 weeks to send us the cancellation form and by then it was too late to give the 30 days notice. The contact went to month-to-month at nearly double the contract rate. We were given no notice at all of the monthly rate - yet alone notice in time to cancel. Abacus refuses to discuss this issue with us and has taken the position of "we have your money so sue us if you are unhappy."

Caroline
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

AbacusLaw has Grown with my Firm!

Kommentare: Exceptional! Despite some internet connectivity challenges in our small rural state, the Abacus Private Cloud implementation team were exceptionally patient, creative and persistent. They went above and beyond for our firm. We are now into our second year of Abacus Private Cloud, and I am not sure how we survived without it for so long. We love it!

The shared network allowed my small firm to group from one attorney to three attorneys efficiently. We can all enter our time for billing on the shared accounting platform, which saves me huge time as the firm billing attorney. I know that our firm's work product is in a secure cloud and that it is being backed up continuously.

I practice in a small rural state. Our internet connectivity has challenged that posed problems in implementation and installation. We still run a little slower than most, I am sure, because of connectivity challenges. Nonetheless, I would not go back to our prior system ever. I am extremely pleased with the software and with Abacus Private cloud.

Mary Ellen
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Abacus Private Cloud- Review

Easy to use; easy to learn; had lots of classes; but also user friendly so that I could actually learn it on my own

Cannot group bills; have to enter all bill separately;

Antwort von CARET

Dear Mary, Thank you for taking the time to review Abacus Private Cloud. We're so glad you find it user-friendly and that you've taken advantage of our training resources. Since billing isn't a feature of APC, are you referring to billing in AbacusLaw? If so, feel free to leave a review on our AbacusLaw page. Your feedback helps us make our products better. We appreciate your business and look forward to being part of your practice for years to come! Sincerely, The team at AbacusNext

Rebekka
Operations Manager in USA

Don't Want Anyone Else to Experience What We Did

It's an option if you need a cloud-based environment but I suggest you look elsewhere.

We had several occurrences of not being able to get onto the platform, and once it was for 3 consecutive days. In a field of hard deadlines, it's not acceptable. There were absolutely no concessions made. In general, customer service was below par.

Antwort von CARET

Hi Rebekka, Thank you for taking the time to review Abacus Private Cloud. Although our records show that your cancellation took place over two years ago, we apologize for any frustration you experienced. Since then, we've made significant improvements to our customer care process and added some exciting new capabilities to APC. Our aim moving forward is to provide exceptional customer service and a flawless product, and your feedback helps us deliver on that goal. Sincerely, The team at AbacusNext

President in Kanada

Forced Move from Cloud 9 was anything but seamless

Kommentare: The move to APC can be summed up in the following
1) Negative impact on external client users
2) Lost and wasted time due to system glitches and overall inability to timely get issues addressed
3. The individual support staff are great and are very helpful once you connect.
4.Management of this company, however, does not care about customer service and has the absolute worst customer relation skills that I have ever experienced

Was told all data would be hosted in Canada. Was given pricing in Canadian Funds. Portal maintained sound feature PDF's appeared to run faster Supported Switch to Office 365

1. Was told and paid for service in August of 2017 Did not have service until June 2018. 2. Started bill for service in March of 2018 but no service until June 2018 3. Was promised a sign up bonus in the form of lap tops but never got them and no credit 4.During the interim period the Cloud 9 fees significantly increased with no explanation 5.Data transfer saw files that were totally missed 6Software intallation was botched and outdated copies were loaded that won't open existing data files. 7.Our Key contact never returns e-mail or phone calls and ignores issues rather than addressing them. 8.Cloud9 would set up a user in a few days and most rcecently the same day. APC takes a fewdays before they even acknowledge the existence of the request.

Mark
Records Technician / Accident Re-constructionist in USA

CaseMap Customer Support's quick and concise response with a solution.

There are many with CaseMap: the ability to build a medical chronology; the CaseWide graph to show the medical chronology in a visual format; linking names, organizations, documents, medicines, etc.; the filtering capability along with the ability to customize filters.

I wish I had more flexibility with the CaseWide graph: to have the ability to select or differentiate between two (or more) filters by using separate colors that would distinguish the filtered criteria on the graph; the ability to adjust the date range of graph to get rid of dead space on the graph.

CEO in USA

Worth Peace of Mind

Kommentare: I researched several IT options when setting up my accounting firm, and Abacus Private Cloud kept coming up as the overall best solution. My entire team can securely work anywhere there is an internet connection. The set-up was smooth and the professionals at APC were super patient and helpful. Four months later when COVID-19 hit, we were ahead of our peers when offices shut down and folks scrambled to work remotely. So thankful I made the right decision to go with Abacus Private Cloud.

As a CPA, I can not put a price tag on the IT security of my accounting practice. With Abacus Private Cloud, I have peace of mind knowing that the best IT professionals and security are protecting my livelihood. The fact that we have support 24/7 works great with our long hours, too.

Expensive but worth it. Once I analyzed the cost of an in-house IT professional on payroll, Abacus Private Cloud was clearly more affordable.

Amy
Paralegal in USA

Product is easy and self explanatory

Kommentare: Makes life easier to be able to access from the cloud.

Makes my job easier. Easy to learn software. The system allows all the tools I need to use to be in one central location, whether it is contact information, calendar, emails, notes, etc. I love the Abacus Private Cloud. It allows me and my employer access to our information from anywhere we are. I have not had any issues with the software and we have it installed on my bosses laptop, smartphone and desktop.

Text is small, but that could be that I haven't figure out to make it larger in the settings. Sometimes when accessing our network from the cloud it tends to run a little slower.

Antwort von CARET

Hi Amy, Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that the software makes your job easier and you found it easy to learn. We're thrilled to have you as a customer and look forward to continuing our partnership. Best, The AbacusNext Team

Jonathan
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Debilitatingly slow performance

Kommentare: We are very disappointed in the failure of APC to consistently operate as promised.

When this software works, it's great. If it operated consistently and in "real-time", I would highly recommend it.

In over a year of using APC, we have had regular, recurring, serious connection issues. I calculate an average of 5 hrs/wk in lost productivity per user over the last year. As indicated above, when functional, the system is great; the problem is, you never know whether you'll show up for work and be able to work, or whether you'll spend half the day on the phone with tech support trying to figure out why the system is lagging.

Former Customer

Kommentare: The customer support was hit or miss. Somedays excellent, some days awful. There were issues that never got resovlved. We never significantly changed our services over the years, but somehow our bill always increased.

Managed / Remote servers are nice and enable the workforce to be anywhere. This also reduced our need to monitor and babysit servers in our office.

Customer support is hit or miss and pricing.

Lori
Legal Assistant in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Software

Kommentare: Overall satisfied.

Lots of great features. Great organization of client info.

Tends to disconnect on a daily basis. Not out for very long but still frustrating.

Antwort von CARET

Hi Lori, Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing that firms are finding so much success with our solutions. Would you be interested in being a featured customer story? Please let me know if you are interested! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team