Outlook4Gmail

Unique Software For A Very Needed Function

Albert H.
Deputy Chief Investment Officer
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Outlook4Gmail is an essential add on that I use multiple times a day as my calendar is constantly changing during the day and I need updates performed on the fly. The few times I've had to reinstall the software and needed the license code again were taken care of quickly and easily with customer service. I am highly impressed and recommend it to anyone who needs this very much needed, basic functionality

Vorteile: When I went looking for software to allow updates between Outlook and Gmail, nothing affordable with full functionality could be found. Everything was too expensive, too klunky, or did too little. Outlook4Gmail fit the bill perfectly. I wanted to only update my contacts and calendars and this software fit my needs perfectly and at an extremely affordable price. I am a user for life.

Nachteile: The initial setup is a little klunky. Getting the contacts and calendars rules set up is not as intuitive as it could be but because I have technical knowledge I figured it out. If you aren't as familiar with add ons this could be a little problematic.

von Scand an 12.4.2019

Hello, Albert! We can't even find the right words to thank you for your review! Please contact us in case we could help you in the future or there're some ideas for improvement. Perhaps you need new features to make O4G even more useful and smart?

Can't live without Outlook for my Gmail Acc

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Angela P.
GM
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great for organizing your work calendar. Easy to see emails without feeling crowded and busy.

Vorteile: Yes, I do like my google account very much. All of my business is encompassed through google. WE even have our website through the Google Suite, however, the presentation of Gmail accounts is not the best. It seems too much, very busy as soon as you open it. since my previous job, I used Outlook and I can't imagine using something different at this point. I love the aesthetics for it and mostly their Calendar. It's so nice to and pleasant ot look at and work with. You can assign different colors to appointments, reminders, I love it. I am glad is integrated with Google so I can still use it and makes my live way easier.

Nachteile: There is only one thing I don't like about it, sometimes is a bit slow to sync. Other than that I love everything about it. I always recommend it to anyone in my company or friends.

von Scand an 13.9.2019

Hello, Angela! Thanks a lot for your review! if you have got any ideas of how we could make O4G even more useful for you send them to outlook4gmail@scand.com we'll very appreciate it. We'll be glad to help you and solve any kind of issue.

Professional, Reliable Email Program for Work

Bewertet am 12.1.2020
Olivia B.
Administrator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I highly recommend Outlook for business email purposes. There have been very few things that I've been unable to do with this program or figure out on my own, as it's quite user-friendly.

Vorteile: My favorite features include customize signatures/fonts/email backgrounds to create a professional, clean cut look that fits your business .

Nachteile: When I first open up Outlook, there always seems to be a delay in showing me my new/unread emails. This might have little to do with the program itself and more related to my work computer, but I've not had that problem with other email platforms.

Easy Email Program

Bewertet am 7.1.2020
Marie D.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very good. I have an iPhone with the Outlook app that lets me send emails even when I’m not in the office.

Vorteile: The address book makes setting up group mailings very easy. I’ve used other programs that do not run as smoothly as this program and are not as easy to use.
It includes a calendar that I don’t need, but some businesses would find it very helpful.

Nachteile: I haven’t found anything I don’t like about this program. I have used this for years with no complaints.

It's OK

William V.
Program Manager

Kommentare: I have used Outlook my whole career. I have never had to use Gmail prior to my current position. I am not a fan of Gmail. Prior to Gmail, I never had a problem integrating my work information with my phone. That said, Outlook4Gmail is the best option I could find to get me most of the way there. I have been using it for years and, at this time, have no plans to stop.

Vorteile: It's by far the best option to merge Outlook and Gmail that I could find. But it's not seamless and my experience has been fluky. That said, some of that could be attributed to the way my company has set up Gmail and my own shortcomings. I've tried other options and this one still seems to work the best.

Nachteile: I haven't found a lot of online help. Sometimes when I add info to my calendar or contacts, it doesn't seem to migrate to the Gmail calendar, and the integration with my iPhone is not good at all. But I don't know if that's a product of Gmail or my phone...or again, my own understanding of the setup.

von Scand an 12.4.2019

Hello, William! Thanks for your response! Yes, you're right: some administrative rules prevent O4M from doing its job right. Please contact us any time convenient for you so we could help you personally with that issue ¿ we're sure it's a minor technical problem.

Outlook4Gmail is outstanding

Marsha C.
Office Administrator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have an online calendar on my website that pulls the information in from Google Calendar. With this software all I have to do is enter the calendar dates in Outlook and the software syncs with Google Calendar and Google Calendar syncs with my website. Saves a lot of time and hassles. I love it.

Vorteile: I have to say that customer support is the best! The functionalitiy of the software is great but when I have encountered an issue, support is right on the ball. I have never had to wait hours or days for their help. And usually the fix they suggest works wonders. I also like the seamless integration with Google Calendar. This has been a terrific product in my day to day workflow.

Nachteile: Sometimes it is "buggy" with Outlook. Usually happens when there is an update to Outlook but sometimes not. It will shut down with no warning.

von Scand an 12.4.2019

Hello, Marsha! We'd like to thank you for your words and hope we could be in contact in the future in order to help and support! And please feel free to share your ideas with us, so we could make O4G even more useful for your work. :)

Service extraordinaire

Bewertet am 12.4.2019
Morris B.
Principal
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I had an issue syncing whereby one new contact came up with a problem. I contacted Support and via a series of emails and easy instructions we resolved the issue in a short time. Their response time was the same day or early the next day - faster than I expected. They analyzed my logs and determined the best path - it worked and I haven't had an issue since. Thank you to the support team. If only all developers had such good service/support.

Vorteile: Easy to install and use. Effortless in all respects. Does exactly what I need.

Nachteile: None at all that I can think of......really.

von Scand an 16.4.2019

Hi, Morris! We're happy to get such a review! Thank you and let us stay in touch, so we could help you again! And please feel free to send any ideas of how we could make O4G even better for you. The best feedback always comes from our users.

Quick and Easy Email Syncing

Bewertet am 13.5.2019
Brett W.
Network ENgineer
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use this to sync my outlook calendar to my Gmail account, allowing me to check my appointments and meetings on my personal phone. Overall, it's a solid product, which is good, since it's also just about the only name in the game. The only real negative is that it will rarely freeze outlook, but if you wait long enough, or force shutdown of the app, it will recover.

Vorteile: - Quick and easy to use
- Allows bidirectional or unidirectional syncing
- Seemingly good continued support and development

Nachteile: - Can temporarily freeze Outlook at times while syncing
- Doesn't always seem to delete meetings that have been cancelled

von Scand an 15.5.2019

Hello, Brett! Thanks for your comment! Please let us know if the problems persist - we would check everything up and provide a bugfix for this issue if necessary.

Happy outlook4gmail user

Rodrigo T.
Professor
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is a great software, I am happy to keep using it and payin for updates or newer versions.

Vorteile: i have accomplished integrating calendars in google and outlook. The product delivers what is promissed. I have not used sync contacts or tasks (do no need it).

Nachteile: I only use outlook4gmail to syncronize calendars, at some point many appointments went duplicate, then I had to take a step back in the process and adjust settings. Since then I have had no problems. Connectivity with a previous version of outloook also generated a clash, the problem was solved.

von Scand an 24.4.2019

Hello, Rodrigo! We're glad you find our product so useful! Please feel free to contact us in case any technical issues take place - we'd love to help.

Super Cool Integration

Bewertet am 23.8.2019
Jason N.
Intelligence SME
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Integration is always an issue, especially when outlook is preferred communication and gmail is preferred client. This solves that problem.

Vorteile: This software is fairly straight forward. The main thing you want from software like this is for it to work without your thinking much about it. I particularly like that this software is very simple and works as described in syncing these two clients.

Nachteile: The free version comes with very few of the features of the paid version. This is fairly typical but it turns off users who might want to dabble with it for a year before deciding to become more of a "power" user.

von Scand an 13.9.2019

Hi, Jason! Thank you for review and for staying with us!
Please feel free to drop us a line at outlook4gmail@scand.com if you have any ideas on how make our product better or you'd like to see any new features.

For private users the best choice

Norbert G.
Private
Versicherung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Outlook4Gmail integrates easily into my Outlook 365. The translation into my native language (German) is correct. In the beginning, I had to take some time to configure the rules and test the function, but after a short training, the program works fine. The synchronization runs at the start of Outlook in the background - I could not determine a limitation of the performance.

Vorteile: I love the easy handling of the software. Once configured, she works in the background and synchronizes my contacts and appointments without having to think about it.

Nachteile: It is a pity that the colors defined in the Google Calendar are not taken over in Outlook. Especially with the categories a color distinction would be very helpful. Maybe I also missed an option for it.

von Scand an 15.4.2019

Hello, Norbert! Thanks a lot for your review! So, we guess it's necessary to add color matching with Google Calendar. We'll try to implement this feature in our future update for your convenience. Please feel free to share other ideas about how we could improve O4G!

My opinion.

Jean J.
COO
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I had some problems and have been obliged to buy another time the program. After it went perfectly but till when?

Vorteile: It is very easy to use all the possibilities of this program but at the beginning it is a little bit hard perhaps because of the language. I am sure it would be more used if it could be in Spanish. Do not forget that Spanish is the second language more used in the world, before the English.

Nachteile: It is only in English and as it is a little bit technical, I think that it should be translated in Spanish

von Scand an 12.4.2019

Hello, Jean! We will be proud to present Spanish version of our product so you could work with comfort! By that time please feel free to contact us, so we could help you right away.
PS Spanish is a very beautiful language.

Best sync available

Thomas S.
Director of Engineering
Maschinerie, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Outlook4Gmail has been a life saver for synchronizing across devices. Outlook has limited contact management capability while Gmail has limited email capability. Combining both products, using Outlook4Gmail, increased productivity and improved accuracy.

Vorteile: Outlook4Gmail has flawless integration with the Gmail contacts list.

Nachteile: Manual contact sync for large numbers of contacts (1000's) can take 30 seconds. Scheduled sync's are performed in the background and will not be noticed by the user.

von Scand an 12.4.2019

Hello, Thomas! Thanks for such a distinct and detailed explanation - exactly it's the main idea for Outlook4Gmail. And please feel free to contact us for any possible improvements you think Outlook4Gmail might need. We would be glad to hear from you again!

Excellent results with Outlook for Gmail

Frank D.
President Forward Finance Inc.
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Automatic features like updating are useful. Keeps me using an older version of Outlook (2007) which is still a feature rich program.

Nachteile: When software runs, annoying icons run on bottom rhs of screen sometimes messing up what I'm working on. After using for a couple of years i was forced to buy a second edition as codes i had were not working.

von Scand an 15.4.2019

Hello, Frank! Proud to have such a devoted user like you! Perhaps we should think how to make O4G work silently, so you won't be annoyed by notifications while you're busy. And please feel free to contact us regarding any license issues - we will always help with the code. You don't need to buy anything twice!

Outlook4Gemail, a good solution to resolve synchronization problems

Pierre M.
Associate Professor
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Work really well for calendars. Not as efficient as wishes for task and contact sync.
Once you unterstand the process, easy to use.
Good solution in general.

Vorteile: Automatic sync. Ad on characteristics of the application

Nachteile: occasional bugs and dysfunction. First access to functions and parameter not so easy. I duplicated my calendars 5 time before understanding sync rules and parameters.
Length of sync process.
Bugs in contact sync.

von Scand an 15.4.2019

Hello, Pierre! We'd like to thank you for your review! Please feel free to contact us in case any problems occur - we would reply as soon as possible. And we would definitely glad to hear your thoughts of what can be improved in task and contacts sync.

Best Calendar Tool

Jg M.
Director of Operations

Kommentare: With my business this tools gives me the freedom to travel with my mobile device with having to open a laptop on a plane or in a car to have my updated calendar. It also allows seamless syncing between my phone and computer for scheduled events.

Vorteile: Outlook4gmail allows a user to have the freedom of syncing calendars from their Mobile device to their primary computer.

Nachteile: I don’t like the mandatory renewals to maintain the updates.

von Scand an 12.4.2019

Hello, JG! Thanks for your review ¿ it's great to have such a devoted user! Please feel free to contact us in case you need any help in the future. And we would definitely like to hear your thoughts about how we could make O4G even better for you.

long time of using the software

Sebastian I.
Engineer
Metallabbau, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The experience is good, long time using it.

Vorteile: Easy to use and install, fast support in case of needed, is the only way I found to communicate between Outlook and Gmail that I can trust.

Nachteile: I don't know which update changed my addresses and birthday dates, so I have a mess with this information.
It should update calendar in a more often period, every 10 minutes for example.

von Scand an 1.4.2019

Dear Sebastian, we're sorry you had your addresses all messed up... Please feel free to contact us, so we could help you right away! And surely we'll thoroughly check everything to avoid similar issues in the future. Thanks for your feedback!

Super Outlook Aggregator

Retired
Militär, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Needed an Outlook aggregator to "grab" Google calendar, task and address book data and integrate seamlessly into Outlook. The ability to manipulate data either at the Google-end or Outlook-end made the product that much more useful. Super easy setup.

Vorteile: Setup and lack of "maintenance". Hands-free and care-free once installed. Works like a charm. Customer support responsive and relevant.

Nachteile: There are no drawbacks to this software. Works as advertised with super customer support.

von Scand an 16.4.2019

Hello! Thanks for your review! Feel free to contact us any time you'd like - probably there are some things we could improve or implement in future versions.

Helpful tool to manage multiple accounts

Sharon H.
Owner and Principal Consultant
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I use this primarily to sync my Outlook calendar to my phone. It allows me to create appointments both in Outlook and on my phone and have them appear in both places.

Vorteile: The best feature for me is that it silences my cell phone when it sees an appointment.

Nachteile: It quits working when your subscription is up and doesn't tell you what the problem is. You have to dig to find the subscription details and renew.

von Scand an 3.4.2019

Hi, Sharon! Thanks for your words! I guess we should definitely set up a notification to remind about license renew. Please feel free to contact us in case there are some more things to improve!

Long term using (since 2014)

Bewertet am 2.4.2019
Michal S.
Analyst
Informationsdienst, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Its main feature, it means the possibility of automatic synchronization between google and MS outlook.

Nachteile: New version didn't bring such new, to pay fee again.
Sometimes it evaluates some events as deleted in google, but they are not. In that case I have to let applicaton to delete the event and after then I must manually create event again.

von Scand an 10.4.2019

Hello, Michal! Thanks for your review ¿ it's a pleasure for us to have such a devoted user! Please feel free to contact us for all the ideas regarding further improvements or bugs you might have noticed.

Seamless Contacts Integration

William S.
Writer
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My business partner and I operate from the same calendar and contacts list, so tying this data together is vital. Outlook4Gmail does the job perfectly.

Vorteile: Outlook4Gmail ties my Google and Windows Outlook contacts lists and calendars together seamlessly. Enter data in one and it appears in the other. Simple.

Nachteile: Nothing. I haven't had any problems with the software.

von Scand an 17.4.2019

Hello, William! We're glad you find O4G so useful in your work! Please feel free to contact us in case you think there are some improvements needed, so we could enlist them for our future releases.

everything is fine, very satisfied

Bewertet am 8.4.2019
Sales and PM
Versorgungsunternehmen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm combining business and private calender objects, it works fine

Vorteile: it is easy working in the background, and I have no issues

Nachteile: notifications are quite present during sync phase, this is not so nice when presenting in a meeting, and suddenly notifications appears with quite big boxes on the screen. Just a notification in case of malfunction in the notification area would be fine.

von Scand an 10.4.2019

Hello! Thanks for your review, and we definitely need to improve that way the notifications pull up. ) Please contact us if you need any help in the future!

Good features and EXCELLENT support

Bewertet am 2.4.2019
Louis B.
Consultant
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Syncing my contacts, tasks and calendars between my desktops , my smartghone and my tablet is a must to compment my IMAP mail syncing.

Vorteile: The features are exactly what Ihad been looking for.

Nachteile: Sometimes the sw sends an error report that is not very clear. It can be unstable, BUT technical support si very fast to respond and has always been able to provide a solution.

von Scand an 10.4.2019

Hello, Louis! We would like to thank you for your review and hope to hear from you in the future! Please feel free to contact us regarding any inconveniences you may experience.

It used to be an excellent product

Matthew H.
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Recently the software stopped working correctly. Many times I receive sync error messages when I open up outlook. I have to manually run the backup when that happens. Also, when I make changes to my contacts on my phone, those changes are not synced to my outlook.

Vorteile: It allows me to sync my outlook calendar with my android phone

Nachteile: It does not always function properly. Updates to the software do not occur often enough.

von Scand an 12.4.2019

Dear Matthew! Thanks for your comment ¿ please feel free to contact us, so we could solve this issue with sync error messages right away!

30 Years of calendar events

Myron D.
Info services mgr (retired)
Staatsverwaltung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It does what its to do with no problems and support is outstanding. Any time i have had a problem they where there to gix it

Vorteile: The ability to handle 6000 plus calendar events with no problems. It is also fast even with 600 plus contacts.

Nachteile: Nothing realy. The first time buying it from an overseas company was a little scary with my credit card.

von Scand an 1.4.2019

Dear Myron! We're proud to have such experienced user as you! Thanks for your feedback and please contact us in case you'd like to add some new features. We'll be waiting!