An indispensable tool for production and learning environments

Bewertet am 30.6.2019
David B.
Full Professor, now retired
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Based on more than two decades using CSS HTML Validator under Windows and, more recently, under Linux, I recommend it highly, not only to anyone learning web development, but also to experienced developers who pride themselves on clean, standard-compliant code, or whose code is subject to the accessibility requirements of WCAG and Section 508, or who need advanced capabilities for website monitoring. A test run of CSS HTML Validator is possible by taking advantage of the free trial offer.

Vorteile: In the mid-1990s, I found CSE HTML Validator’s tight integration of syntax checking with an HTML editor very effective, and its recommendations for fixes and best practices were very much like having a mentor. In the following years, CSE HTML Validator evolved into CSS HTML Validator, and its syntax checking and mentoring stayed up-to-date with evolving standards for web development. Throughout this period, I continued to rely on it because of the enormous convenience of its integration of syntax checking with editing HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and PHP. Some syntax checkers require code to be uploaded to an online service, but CSS HTML Validator’s syntax checking is purely local. That means code is kept private, and syntax checking is fast. While the Standard edition is targeted to working with individual web pages, the Professional and Enterprise editions include a batch processor for monitoring and maintaining entire websites. Using the batch processor, I am able to subject a website to an exhaustive analysis, including syntax checking, validation of links, and recommendations for best practices. It can also check WCAG and Section 508 accessibility requirements. CSS HTML Validator may be a Windows application, but I have found that it executes flawlessly on Linux machines using Wine, which enabled me to continue relying on it when I switched from Windows to Linux. A complete technical evaluation of CSS HTML Validator is available on the WineHQ Wine Application Database.

Nachteile: Because CSS HTML Validator lacks a builtin FTP client, it cannot directly upload web pages to a web site.

A must-have for web developers

Bewertet am 30.5.2019
Thomas B.
Programmer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It's helped me write robust HTML and CSS, and it's helped me learn the reason why certain things should be structured in the way that allows validation.

Vorteile: The CSS HTML Validator provides a better analysis of HTML than what is provided by the W3C: the Validator provides clear and detailed information not only of the cause of what problems it discovers, but helpful suggestions on how to solve those problems. It then goes beyond that to provide suggestions on what might be done to strengthen the HTML beyond a mere validation fix, including information on accessibility, cross-browser compatibility, and the like. There's also the added bonus of an online forum where questions may be posted, and the author of the software has always been quick to respond to queries, and he has been equally open to suggestions of new features (e.g., when I've discovered quirks of HTML composition that result from the use of certain JavaScript frameworks, the author has worked to ensure that the Validator responds to those quirks with appropriate validations and suggestions for usage). I recommend the Validator highly to everyone who wants to ensure that their HTML and CSS are rock-solid, and therefore a strong foundation for their application and its use.

Nachteile: If I could choose the default sound that is issued at the end of validation (a triumphant "ta-da!" when everything checks out, a single low "beep" when there's a problem), I'd probably want that. But the program is so highly configurable that there's probably a setting for changing those sounds that I haven't investigated yet. :-)

von AI Internet Solutions an 1.6.2019

Thank you Thomas! I'm glad that you have found the program very useful. There are sound settings in the Validator Engine Options where you can turn off or change the sounds that play after a validation.

A Powerful Multi-function Editor for Web Documents

Bewertet am 15.9.2019
Bryan L.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I am very impressed with CSS HTML Validator software. It is a powerful editing tool for HTML, XML, CSS and other forms of web documents. The validator saves a lot of time reviewing code for syntax, nesting errors, and other coding mistakes. You can choose the level of error reporting from critical errors only, or add warnings, link checking, and even suggestions on good style practices and appropriate coding for web crawlers. When validating documents, errors are highlighted in different colors, indicating the severity of the mistake. And the validator allows you to choose to validate with the HTML 5 standard or select earlier, transitional versions. The Validator makes writing code quicker and easier than using a plain text editor. You can choose to have your tags auto-closed, and lines auto-indented to help avoid nesting errors. Spelling and syntax suggestions are available on-the-fly. The editing screen can be split horizontally or vertically between two documents allowing for quick and simple cut-and-paste, or side-by-side comparison of two documents, and the edit screen will hold multiple files open with quick-access tabs allowing you to switch rapidly between documents. Although the Validator is not a WYSIWYG editor, it quickly allows you to check the web display of your document using either an internal browser, or your choice of popular browsers through an external link. The Validator constantly follows your cursor, so help from their on-line syntax database is on

Vorteile: Even though this software is heavily packed with features, I appreciate the intuitive layout, the ease of use, and the low learning curve; I was up and running very quickly.

Nachteile: No What-you-see-is-what-you-get capability.

CSS HTML Validator role in a website development cycle

Bewertet am 30.5.2019
Alexander V.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Vorteile: CSS HTML Validator makes sure that aqua-calc.com with its more than 800,000 pages runs free of any HTML issues since 2011, providing for quick and reliable way to check any web page in development. Its batch wizard allows to stay on top of any inadvertently introduced errors during a development phase. CSS HTML Validator is a significant part of aqua-calc.com nightly builds, ensuring that search engine bots will not not find any HTML issues within the website. Lastly, but not least, in my experience, CSS HTML Validator provides stellar support, responding promptly and efficiently to any and all questions.

Nachteile: It takes about 10 hours for CSS HTML validator batch wizard to scan aqua-calc.com, but sheer amount of pages within the website makes it unavoidable.

The best HTML and CSS validator, and yes you need one even if you use a content management system

Bewertet am 23.2.2019
Michael S.
Executive VP/Dir of Marketing
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Has helped immensely in Webpage design--especially before the era of content management systems. Remember, if someone doesn't like the looks of your site, he will switch off in three seconds. Also useful when doing bulk e-mails, using such programs as Atomic Mail Sender. This stuff has to look perfect to even have a chance of being read.

Vorteile: Does a complete validation of your web page, checking for essentially all possible errors. If you want the best look and functionality of your site's pages, the code has to be correct. Sure...browsers are more forgiving these days, but why take a chance? What's more, by having coding errors exposed, you learn how to design the pages better!

Nachteile: In some rare cases, the Validator can get too picky. e.g. For MailChimp e-mailing software, certain aspects of generated inline CSS coding are technically wrong, and will actually not render if corrected to the Validator's standards. Note that this is not a problem with the Validator, but with MailChimp. This sort of thing can also occur in WordPress. Thus, the user must be aware of those rare instances when being absolutely correct can be a problem.

My Review and Comment of and about CSE HTML Validator Software

Bewertet am 18.10.2019
Rc J.
Boss Man
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using this software since 2011. The fact that it found all the errors in my code and presented the reason why in a manner that I could understand is wonderful. It helped me insure my web pages were formatted correctly and would not be rejected by the various search engines.

Vorteile: Very fast and easy to use. Allowed me to find errors and explanations quickly and easily.

Nachteile: For me it has a lot of options that I do not use, some because I do not understand them some I just do not use.

Seems to make learning easier

Bewertet am 13.11.2019
Joel L.
Student
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It has been a fantastic experience working with the CSS HTML Validator, I would definitely recommend this software to a friend.

Vorteile: I really appreciate the fact that this software can anticipate what I am about to type and will finish code for me, as it helps me to type the code faster. I'm pretty new to HTML and CSS, so as a student, the color scheme helps me to catch errors very quickly which is very helpful. Lastly, I'm very thankful that the validator can not only catch errors but often it can tell me what code I intended to include.

Nachteile: I wish this software would also validate javascript, that way I would be able to code my entire site within this one validator. I love using CHV but am currently being forced to spend a portion of my time in another IDE.

Great for webmasters

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Medienproduktion, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I think this software is great. The pro version is the best because it analyzing the entire website and not just individual pages. I’ve used google webmaster tools but I prefer CSS HTML Validator because it really fine tunes the code mistakes i typical mess up on. There’s no builtin FTP client, Which is a bummer but overall it still allows me to clean up errors and make my code on the sites load faster across windows and Linux.

Nachteile: Besides no FTP, I havnt had any cons about the software.

Can't Imagine My Business Without It

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Peter B.
Druck, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Makes my projects easy and accomplished in record time.

Vorteile: The frequent updates keep up with the many changes in the market.
Easy to navigate to any and all of its features.
Priced Right !

Nachteile: Nothing comes to mind, it's all good as is

Worth Every Penny

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Eric J.
Marketing Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Never put a page live, without using this to check it first. Highly recommend it.

Vorteile: Easy to use, gives you virtually instant feedback and helps insure you pages are properly formatted.

Nachteile: No complaints. Easy to turn off warning messages, if you don't want to be warned about a specific error.

Excellent tool for programmers

Bewertet am 17.8.2019
Michelle R.
Programmer

Kommentare: Overall, pretty solid. Honestly don’t have any major issues to report.

Vorteile: Programming is what I do... each and every day. As a result, I find myself working with a lot of software, as well as trying out things to make my code easier to edit , so markups, or debug. This is personally what I use to markup and edit my code I plan to use for websites . It is not really commercial, just for personal use.

Nachteile: Hyper markups are a finicky beast at times... seems you are always missing something. This software catches a lot, but doesn’t always edit or mark up everything I need it to.

CSS & HTML Validation is a breeze with this tool

Bewertet am 18.10.2019
Dehn M.
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used it to see about a tool for checking code that may rival other more expensive tools I have been using

Vorteile: Simple and standard layout....intuitive and easy to adjust to after using other products in the past

Nachteile: Color option at start, likely has tools to theme it but the initial color is jarring

Complete Validation in One Product!

Bewertet am 19.6.2019
Matthew J.
Director of Engineering
Unterhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Fantastic product, that I have used for many years. I use it to get an overall validation of a webpage.

Vorteile: Fast, and powerful. The software will do accessibility validation, HTML validation and best practices all in one sweep. Once it is done running the audits it will give you a complete list of items that need to be addressed.

Nachteile: The cost of the upgrades. I wish I could purchase once and then each update would cost a small amount, I sometimes skip versions to wait for better features to warrant the upgrade price.

Really helped out my website!

Bewertet am 1.8.2019
Quinn M.
composer/conductor
Musik, Selbstständig

Vorteile: One use of this software and I was able to locate and fix many of the problems that made my website ineffective before. The layout made finding everything easy, so I was able to work quick.

Nachteile: The pricing for the full version can sometimes be a little steep and beyond my reach as a student.

von AI Internet Solutions an 2.8.2019

Thank you for the review! I'm glad that CSS HTML Validator really helped your website. As a student, you may qualify for the educational/academic discount. Please visit our website for more information about this discount.