Easy to Spin Up!

Bewertet am 20.1.2020
Barbara C.
Faculty Program Director Technology Projects
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Acuity PPM has been used in the classroom as part of a simulation for graduate students in the Lerner College of Business. During a busy semester where time is of the essence the intuitive interface enabled students to come-up-to-speed very quickly. Each student took the role of an executive team member. Executives could quickly rank and approve projects tied to strategic goals. Reporting is very strong – critical information was at our fingertips allowing us to quickly assess portfolio value and risk. Also, having been the Lerner College IT Director (prior to teaching), I managed an IT project portfolio in Excel using nothing short of brute force to garner the information required for executive reporting. If Acuity was available at the time - it would have been adopted in a heartbeat!

Vorteile: 1. The intuitive interface made it very easy to come-up to speed quickly.
2. Critical information need to manage and assess performance of a portfolio is smartly placed on screens.
3. Acuity gives you just enough but not too much. Larger systems are cumbersome and can be difficult to navigate.
4. Being able to export individual portfolios for additional analysis was very helpful.

Nachteile: We really like the product and don't find issues at this time.

Simple and Effective

Bewertet am 17.11.2019
Jody S.
Total Rewards Operations Manager
Unternehmensberatung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Being new to project management, I appreciate the ease of use of this software. It’s easy to navigate and allows me to effectively track essential information and provide status updates.

Nachteile: I haven’t experienced a negative aspect of the software. My current project is fairly simple so I haven’t tested the limits of the tool yet.

Great PPM Tool - Easy to Use

Bewertet am 15.11.2019
Yvonne M.
Program Manager
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using Acuity is helping to centralize our project portfolio information, and it makes it a one stop shop for project information.

Vorteile: Acuity is easy to get up and running on - very intuitive. I really like the projects dashboard view (I use it very often), and the ability to drill down into the project details from this view. It is very easy to create a status report, and to refer back to previous status reports as well.

Nachteile: It would be great to have some additional features (although I'm sure you are working on them), such as: more text formatting in the status reports, ability to export the project list and project status, ability to sort the projects in the portfolio view, ability to easily see plan vs. actuals for dates and budget.

Mainly Status Reports

Bewertet am 18.11.2019
Clay J.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are doing mainly project tracking and this would include status reports, timelines, etc.

Vorteile: I will admit I really only use the software for status reports (versus advanced tracking). Given this I am not sure I can speak to some of the features of the software. I would say the status reports section is useful and easy to use. I haven't seen any issues with the software in this regard.

Nachteile: There was 1 time (about 3 months ago) that I had issues with login (lasted maybe 10 minutes). I didn't report and can't honestly say if the issue was related to the software. But otherwise I have seen/had no issues with the software.