Über WinSQL

Ein universelles Datenbank-Abfrage-Tool, das sich mit einer Vielzahl von Backend-Datenbanklösungen verbindet.

Erfahre mehr über WinSQL

It's very easy to use and it doesn't require much of resources.

The one thing I can see that it really lacks is error prompting as SSMS has.

Bewertungen zu WinSQL

WinSQL hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 29 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du WinSQL bereits verwendet?

Deepak M.
Deepak M.
Senior Engineer - Product Development in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Handy and light weight database administration tool

Kommentare: I started using winsql so as to connect multiple databases like oracle and db2.I required to configure odbc in order to make it work. Overall it was satisfactory to work on it.

1. Easy to connect to different databases like db2, oracle etc. 2. Easy to get reports and extracts out of databases. 3.Light-weight application

1. Connection through IP address is not possible. 2 .It is not available for Mac OS 3. Sometimes it hangs and closes automatically during heavy queries.

Danny S.
President/CTO in USA
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Awesome Database Tool

Kommentare: I have been using WinSQL for many years, and unlike people, it just gets better with age. I'm a big believer in the product, and it has always performed very well regardless of which DB I'm using. It is a great tool for prototyping, development and production platforms. It has way more features than any of the free DB-specific browser/query tools, and now it even has its own data specific plug-in ODBC drivers. As a developer, having one tool to master and use against a variety of DB products, has saved me many hours over the years that I could put toward other phases of development instead of spending time on DB schema, query, stored procedure building and other issues. As an end-user tool, I have never found anything users liked better than WinSQL. Because of its ease of use, it takes the fear of complexity out of learning to use a query and reporting tool.

Among the many great features of WinSQL, the one that stands out the most is it ease of use. From setting up a DSN to creating and executing a query, WinSQL makes it so easy that I have been able to quickly train non-IT users how to run their own queries and reports. By enabling users to do so much with the tool, it really reduces the requests and workload for IT. Its ease of use also means new developers have a tool they can use to quickly check DB results from running their development programs in a test mode, or to quickly populate a table with test data to use for testing their program's DB I/O, either using WinSQL's Test Data Generation Wizard, or simply writing a quick INSERT group of records, and doing it manually. It is such a versatile tool with so many great features, it is hard to say which is my favorite. It all depends on what I'm doing in my development work, then whatever WinSQL feature I'm using, becomes my favorite. That is what makes it such an awesome database tool, its breadth of features!

About the only thing I don't find very useful is the Task Scheduler. That is only because I have always used a different scheduler. So it isn't that I like it the least, it is just the feature I use the least. I can't think of anything I don't like about the tool.

John G.
Database Management Team Leader in UK
Rundfunkmedien, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

WinSQL is now banned on SAP IQ

Kommentare: It’s a shame we had to ban it. Although very slow to start on a large Datawarehouse, it had a good user interface and searching for objects was better than the tools provided by SAP.

Easy to use, good catalogue of objects, but this has caused massive problems

WinSQL on SAP IQ multiplex with 60,000 objects has been causing significant degradation in performance. The background refresh even caused outages on busy days. Since it was banned, we have seen performance gains and stability of the IQ service has improved.

Nathaniel M.
Customer Program Analyst in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

WinSQL is a great tool for developing web tools

Kommentare: During the 30 day trial, I was able to use the full version and I could do pretty much anything I needed to, including being able to explore the server stored procedures and find logic problems our vendor had introduced when programming the database. Currently, I still use it daily to pull information and compile reports and am very satisfied with it's performance.

I like that WinSQL has all the features needed to find information in most databases even if using the free version. I use it to connect to an Informix server while MS SQL server manager will not.

The restriction to a single server connection in the free version is an annoyance, but I understand it's incentive to purchase the full version.

Shane D.
IT administrator in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent, flexible SQL query tool

Kommentare: This is my go-to SQL query tool, and has been for many years. It does what it says. I do wish there were some better options for interface colors or theming, but it works well without that.

Very easy to setup to and use just about any database connections you’d need.

The interface looks a bit dated. If there are any auto-formatting features for sql code I haven’t found them. A mini-map for larger queries would also be helpful.

Antwort von Synametrics Technologies

Auto-formatting feature will be available in the upcoming version 12.

Chris V.
Sr. Industrial Engineer in USA
Lagerung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

WinSQL the way to pull your data

Kommentare: Generally use it for adhoc data collection and the base to create user refresh able excel sheets.

I have medium level SQL skills. WinSQL is easy to use with no extra stuff. WinSQL never slows me down. I like the different tabs and the ability to keep the query on the session.

Hard to export large data sets (over 200k records)

Antwort von Synametrics Technologies

Chris, WinSQL should be able to export over 200K records. Could you please contact our support so we can investigate why is it not letting you do that.

Kevin R.
Manager, Analytics and Informatics in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great tool for quick, on-the-fly analysis

Kommentare: Great tool for its usage as a quick and dirty tool for building and formatting queries on the fly.

Easy to connect to multiple database platforms; color coding and formatting are very helpful; logging history

Sometimes it pings the database to pull all tables to help retrieve a table or column name-- can take a while and slow things down; script DDL does not always work

Georgios T.
ICS Security in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

A handy tool for all uses

Kommentare: Great experience and I recommend this SW to all my colleagues for a daily use.

It's very easy to use and it doesn't require much of resources. In every use, we can obtain tips. It's very easy to search for WinSQL solutions related to our needs.

The pro version is the best for all people. The SQL Lite version is perfect for people with a good SQL knowledge.

Applications Analyst in Australien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A simple SQL editor

Kommentare: I have used WinSQL for finding and fixing data errors in ERP systems: eg: Make items with no BOMs, BOMs where components are missing from item master etc.

Ease of use, and bundled ODBC drivers mean WinSQL is the easiest way to extract data from virtually any database.

The Free "Lite" version is missing some useful features, but that is what one would expect.

Joe A.
Mgr Data Science in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

WinSQL Champs

Kommentare: I have been using WinSQl for about 9 years and it has been a great choice. Each new version come with new innovative features. Keep it up Synametrics!

The product is affordable and is packed with many advanced features. You can schedule to run, you can create groupings / categories of sql

Not all data base drivers are supported.

Leon B.
Industrial engineer in USA
Halbleiter, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Queries with WinSQL

Kommentare: We have to constantly extract information form our DB2 databases. WinSQL is a fantastic tool to do so.

The lite version is very easy to install and easy to use and it's free!

With the new version, the software ask us frequently to reconnect. Secondly, maybe it's because I don't know how to do it but I'm not able to change the font size. I would also like to be able to remove the yellow area that pops up when you run a request.

Patrick H.
Application Integrator in Frankreich
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Why did I using MySQL

Connection to each ODBC databases. Possibility to have query results in full page, in table or in text (for multiple select)

Since last version, it's impossible to do a search on a text result. Impossible to do a direct connection with a database (with IP adress)

Antwort von Synametrics Technologies

You should be able to connect to a database using just the host IP. That information is stored in the ODBC DSN. Contact our support if you need further help regarding this.

Richard C.
Senior Developer in USA
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

WinSQL Review

Kommentare: I really like the software and have had very few problems with it. It's easy to install, easy to use, pretty fast and reliable.

Free to use. Easy to use. Reliable and fast.

On INFORMIX databases, it sorts the tables in the Catalog Details tab by owner. Owner is worthless and this make finding one table time consuming if you have over 1300 tables like we do.

Jay J.
Technologist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, Selbstständig

WinSQL - all databases in one place

Kommentare: I have used WinSQL for over 10 years. When I need a tool for querying - I download WinSQL and I'm ready to go.

If i'm thrown Informix, or MSSQL, or even Access data - I have a single query analyzer/enterprise mgmt tool that lets me connect to any of them.

I wish it were available on Mac OS, but it's not.

Doug W.
Senior Software Engineer in USA
Medienproduktion, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Been Using it for years

Kommentare: I use it daily for database administration tasks, validation and verification and data extracts to Excel.

I can use multiple drivers from many different database types

I haven't really experienced any performance issues or bugs with this software. It has been solid for the 12 years I've used it

Manish S.
Analytics in Australien
Versicherung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Good Experience

Kommentare: I am quite happy. We deal with 3-4 different types of servers and WinSql comes quite handy

Ability to connect all types of servers, easy to use, export files easily

Some performance issues. Sometime Hang-up and then closes automatically

Brian R.
Portfolio Manageemnt Analyst in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

WIN SQL review

Kommentare: finding data for multiple solutions

easy to search multiple databases and have multiple queries open.

troubleshooting database connections and access can be difficult to navigate with the provided error messages

Allan O.
IT Implementation MANAGER in Australien
Logistik & Lieferkette, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Winsql and Me

Kommentare: Scheduling of queries and distribution of basic reports to users

Winsql offers features over and above that of SSMS to a point where its my preferred querying tool. Its features to create scheduling and email tasks is great and the tool for creating executable queries is a real bonus

The one thing I can see that it really lacks is error prompting as SSMS has

Herman M.
Presidente in Venezuela

Developer

Kommentare: We are developers and we need to be able to interact with different databases of the market, in many cases it has allowed us to migrate data to carry out our applications on the different entities

To be able to connect with multiple types of database Good tool for migration between databases

With winsql I can not connect directly with jdbc, as is done with the tool in java, should have in winsql the 2 options. Nowadays everyone connects with JDBC, it is a limitation

Antwort von Synametrics Technologies

You can connect to a JDBC datasource if you have a ODBC-JDBC bridge, which is developed by a few third-party companies.

Levi E.
Senior Support Specialist in USA

WinSQL review

I like the ability to sort results by specific columns.

I would like the ability to remove columns that I do not want in my results. For example, if it returns nothing.

Luis S.
System Engineer in Bolivien
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

My everyday app

Kommentare: I use it since v6.5 and it's my favourite app for the job

Versatility, fast for loading, lighter than SQL Managment Studio

lite features are annoying instead of restrictive

Stephanie L.
Analyst in USA
Marktforschung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Data Storage

Kommentare: I have learned so much about the quality of company data using WinSQL. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this product

I work with a lot of data, so the vast amount I can store and work with is nice.

It times out all of the time and some of the user-friendly settings are hard to track down

Lynda C.
DB2 DBA in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

WinSQL Easy to use

Makes writing SQL super easy and getting the reports out of WinSQL is easy too.

I'm not the best at using the popup window with column names in it.

Wyatt H.
Director of Technical Development in USA

SQL made simple

Kommentare: I have used this tool for 15-20 years, great product.

lite software easy to use easy to setup great tool

I am having ha hard time putting anything here, it just works, you could say its simplicity is a con or a pro.

Aaron L.
Actuarial Analyst in USA
Versicherung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Pretty good product

I like how it is very easy to use and learn. As a relatively new employee with limited experience, I did not have a hard time learning how to navigate WinSQL.

There are a couple of times where my sheets would freeze up and I am unable to access them without closing all my other open sheets.