Über Whereby

Ein Tool für die Zusammenarbeit von Fachleuten, die einfache und zuverlässige Videokonferenzen abhalten möchten. Alle Besprechungen werden von deinem Browser aus durchgeführt.

Erfahre mehr über Whereby

I have used Whereby on and off for a while now and it is easy to use (login, scheduling, running meeting), AND it integrates with google calendar.

Has come troubles with new camera configurations, and when I have 2 o more webcam connected.

Bewertungen zu Whereby

Whereby hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 116 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Whereby bereits verwendet?

Brandy

Eddy
Eddy
Operations Director in USA
Großhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Whereby Connect you and your team fast and easy

Kommentare: I like these services because I can create one unique link to share with family, friends, and coworkers, with this just enter the link and you are instantly connected. I will add some sort of approval by the admin to join the meeting.

This service it is easy to use, it is very fast and consumes little to none resources for the machine and connection, I've used it with connections less than 1Mbps of internet speed and I still can share screen and video (not the best quality) but it works. A great option for meetings.

I can't see any cons just yet. Maybe the interface is too simple (for some people) but I choose performance over graphics any time of the week. (Maybe: One con would be that any person with your personalized link can access to the meeting)

Claudio
Designer in Italien
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The best in

Kommentare: BEFORE:
"Hey, what's your account?" "I don't find you" "Witch one of these 3 old Skype accounts is the new one?"
*THREE HOURS LATER*
"Hey, here we are"
NOW:
"Click on this link" "Hey nice, it took like 3 seconds and I'm not frustrated"

YOUR INTERLOCUTORS DON'T NEED AN ACCOUNT. Or software. Or your nickname. You simply have to send them a short link like appear.in/**yourname** and that's it.

None. It's a super simple and easy to use solution. Maybe, the fact that not everyone is using it, so sometimes you're forced in use other bad conference solutions.

Milena
Milena
Assistant Marketing in Spanien
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best tool for online meetings

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I like it, I use it mainly for teleworking, making meetings, solving doubts, planning tasks and steps to follow with the rest of my team.

I appreciate the ability to send comments and share links in real time during meetings, especially when discussing topics relevant to the agenda. If we refer to a website, I find it convenient to share the link instantly through the same platform. In this same way I value the ability to share my screen so that everyone understands the concept of what I am talking about without any limitations as they are seeing what I am seeing.

I don't like my camera's permissions to be disconfigured sometimes, it wastes my time before meetings.

James
Director of McSill studio in UK
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I thought it was better than it was

Kommentare: It has to be worked on. The idea is nice and neat, but the competition is far better. Start by organizing the screens on the panel, cut off the mic automatically if the participant go silent etc.

I liked the simplicity. Reminded me of the initial versions of Skype.

When I subscribed, to be able to bring more people into the room, it was messy, there was no way I could organize the screens like I do when I'm using Zoom or Skype. Suddenly, my webcam wasn't visible for the participants. I admit that there was a lot of emails exchanged to try and solve the problem, but it was never solved. By that stage I had paid over 70 pounds for the subscription, and decided to cancel something I could never use. No money back was offered.

Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Quick and easy meetings.

Kommentare: It is a very easy to use tool, very stable and that allows there to be a fluidity in any meeting that is maintained through it. You can make use of features such as video, screen sharing, audio and chat.

You can make use of the tool for the administration of a work team. It is so easy to use that you can use it every day and even stay online all day.

Being a quick-use tool, it lacks more important features that as a user part of a work team, you might need. This is the case of file management.

Luca Stefano
Luca Stefano
Full Stack Web Developer in Italien
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Wonderful if you can stay in the free version

It's easy to use and there's no explanation needed when you invite a customer to your room, plus I love the fact that you have your custom room url.

The limit of 4 people is really tight and forces you to upgrade. Since when I decided to leave it, they integrated a better pricing plan that allows to pay for the room instead of paying per user and that's much better.

Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Simple, Solid, Effective Product.

Kommentare: Facilitating really solid communication via a remote needs. We were on Zoom for a while but realized its just too complicated for what it offers.

The ease of use of Whereby is the best part of it. No downloading software, no adding extensions, no asking people to install anything. Everyone can join in really simple. It really helps connecting with clients quickly and efficiently.

There's not much to dislike, the simplicity of it makes it that easy. Sometimes the connections are spotty.

Jennie
Jennie
Marketing Manager in USA
Internet, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Whereby is the underdog of video platforms

Kommentare: My company is a music lesson platform, custom-built for music lessons. Whenever we are running into technical issues or the student's bandwidth/connection is not strong enough, we love using Whereby as a backup.

-Easy to use -Pricing plans are more affordable than Zoom -Love how you can brand and create private rooms

-Download is required on mobile phone -Brand is more unknown, so there's a mini learning phase in the beginning of the meeting for new users -Wish everyone can record. Not just the owner of the account.

Ioana
Ioana
UX Researcher in Österreich
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Finally a screen-sharing tool that doesn't require an extension installation

Kommentare: I have had numerous issues with my research participants dropping off, not being able to connect or getting frustrated because of the video call software. Not having to to explain in entire paragraphs to participanta how to connect is wonderful!

No need to install an extension. It's simplicity, particularly since we have participants of various technical capabilities

Haven't found anything yet! But - you still need the app to share your screen on mobile. Recordings cost extra (but still affordable).

Aasim
Aasim
Co-founder in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Whereby works where others don't

Whereby helps me talk to people who don't have access to a desktop client like what Zoom has. It also helps me start meetings more fluidly.

It lacks a lot of features products like Zoom have such as selective sharing and audio sharing.

I recently started using Whereby and I couldn't be happier

Kommentare: Overall, I highly recommend Whereby for anyone in need of a reliable and easy-to-use online meeting platform. It has quickly become my go-to choice for virtual meetings and I have no doubt it will be a valuable tool for your business as well.

I recently started using Whereby for my online meetings and I couldn't be happier with the service. The interface is user-friendly and the video and audio quality are top-notch. I also appreciate the ability to easily schedule and customize meetings, as well as the ability to share my screen with participants.One of the standout features of Whereby is the ability to use custom meeting links. This has made it easy for me to have recurring meetings with clients and colleagues, as we don't have to keep sending out new invitations or remembering a unique meeting ID.

One potential con of Whereby is the price. While the service does offer a free plan with basic features, the more advanced options and larger meeting sizes do come with a higher price tag. This may not be feasible for every business or individual looking for an online meeting solution.However, it's important to keep in mind that you get what you pay for and Whereby does offer a lot of valuable features and reliable performance. If you need a robust online meeting platform and are willing to invest in a higher-priced option, Whereby may be worth considering. It's always a good idea to carefully evaluate your budget and needs before making a decision.

Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simple, always handy

Kommentare: Love it, simple, efficient, never had an issue.

Never had a call fail with Appear.in. It is also very simple to invite business partners using (free) custom links. Honestly, it's simplicity makes it a no brainer for us

If the URL is taken, rooms should not be available if the admin is not present. It happens we used someone else's URL for months.Therefore, when we upgraded to a paid membership, we were advised our long time link was taken and couldn't be used with Pro features.

Isabel
Psychologist and Career Consultant in Brasilien
Personalwesen, Selbstständig

amazing tool

Kommentare: I am a Psychologist and Career Consultant. I work with individual sessions, attending people across the country and this makes my life better because when I depended exclusively on Skype I was having trouble providing smooth call with no sound and internet problems, sometimes we used to lost productivity due to performance connection problems.

The things I like most are: appear is hands-on, simply and online. Doesn't need login or download to new participants. I work remotely and its really make difference on my productivity.

The only thing I don't like is the fact I can not integrate with Calendly .

Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Appear.in Review

Kommentare: As it is simple to use my experience with it is great.

This application has helped me to stay connected to my family in different country. I was so pissed with other applications and it came to my rescue. The video and audio quality is unmatchable. It is super simple to form a meeting group, my parents who are not that well versed with technology use it with great ease.

At time the connectivity becomes an issue. Otherwise, it is good. It can also add multiple features.

Natasha
Customer success manager in Israel
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Reliable video conference meetings

Kommentare: Great free solution for speaking either clients

Reliable video quality and easy to use screen share feature. Use this on the majority of my client calls as my go to video conference

Clients get confused/ frustrated when they can’t click on the share screen button due to them not installing the chrome ad on. Slows down the meeting explaining to them what to do

Bob
CEO in UK
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Lots claim- intuitive - appear.in delivers

Kommentare: Its cool and works really well and we can see how that will only improve ..

Easy of use and robust stable delivery

Inbuilt CMS and automated appointment text and email notifier

Genau
Genau
Founder in Brasilien
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good service, fair price

I liked the way Whereby test new features allowing all users to test.

Cut the conference once the time is over.

Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Online video conferencing is now simple.

Kommentare: For a small and midsize team, it is a perfect solution. Register and get a room link and with your room link, anyone can join your meetings. I like the simplicity of the app and the minimalistic design.
The chat function helps when sharing links or documents within the meetings.

After registering I got a link for my room and that's it. I shared a link with my partners and it took all of us to a 4 windows video conferencing window. I am using a 3g link, and the video quality is good. The lag for video transmission is less than 2 seconds which is equal to any pro alternative. The free plan supports 4 users at a time and one room which is just enough for me. Good quality and minimal lag make meetings more productive and less confusing.

The sound sometimes gives a static unbearable sound when using a USB microphone.

Nathan
Dir. of Operations in Australien
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great product

It's so easy to load - it's like an actual virtual conference room. People can come in and out as they please. The connection is great

Sometimes you have to restart when you get to larger sizes of people/rooms but it's rare.

Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simple browser based video conferencing system.

I like how simply I can start video conferencing just from my browser no more installation of any kind of software. Signing with Google is always appreciated and I also tell people to use google sign-in. I just shared my room and my team can join video conferencing with me in no time. I found all the data they have on me can be downloaded, which is another good thing to have. I like the image quality and it is good.

I don't like how anyone with the link can join the conference, and I want to see adding permission before joining the conference. Video gets out of sync with the audio and I have to restart the room to get all the things working again. Maybe it needs a high quality computer to work.

Lajos
Senior Software Developer in Ungarn
Telekommunikation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for organizing meetings online

Kommentare: We have used appear.in to interview candidates online. The interview went well and we were able to hire new team members who are great additions to our team. Since then, I've recommended the platform to others for solving such issues and their feedback was great, too.

The best about appear.in is its ease of use - to join a meeting, participants just have to open the link to the room that has been created and that's it. There's no need to sign up! The audio and video quality is excellent and the screen sharing works well for organizing online interviews with candidates etc.

I didn't find a way to save my details (that is, my name) so I wouldn't have to enter it again whenever I join a meeting. (Or, if there's already such a feature, it's not obvious where to find it.)

Brian
Brian
President in USA
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Huge Fan of Appear.in

Kommentare: It amazes my clients when I set up a room just for them, branding the background for their company. It really makes them feel special.

I have been using appear.in when it was in its infancy. It has always been a reliable, stable way for me to have working video calls.

I've been really happy the entire time and don't really have anything I don't like about it.

Flavio
Flavio
Creative Director in Australien
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for remote collaboration

Kommentare: Having tried a number of different tools over the years, appear.in is by far the best video conference tool, allowing us to collaborate with clients and remote members of our team.

With no requirement for plugin downloads or companion software on your computer, appear.in allows you to immediately start video meetings by simply sharing a link. The screen sharing functionality works extremely well and allows you to choose something as specific as a single tab in your browser to be shared with other attendees.

Mobile calls are good but not as reliable as desktop, unless you download an app.

Nir
Biz Dev in Israel
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for Video conference

Kommentare: I think whereby is a great tool tool for video conference.

Whereby works on all of my devices, and it’s great for video conference with my colleagues overseas. The option of sharing slides is amazing.

It is too easy to join other groups by mistake. Someone could hump in to a call by mistake, and that’s a bit uncomfortable.

Lawrent
Lawrent
owner in Frankreich
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A limited web conference tool

Kommentare: I have now stopped using Whereby to exclusively use Zoom. Whereby is great with friends, but not so much for professional audiences.

Easy to invite guests, fast access, high-quality video and audio.

Limitations in file sharing (only supports Google drive, unable to upload a file from the computer), virtual background privacy feature (unable to add a virtual background image to protect your privacy), and screen sharing (you have to share the whole screen, at least from a Mac).