Über Wing Python IDE

Eine leichte, jedoch voll funktionsfähige Python IDE, die speziell für Python entwickelt wurde, und leistungsstarke Bearbeitungs-, Test- und Debugging-Funktionen enthält.

Erfahre mehr über Wing Python IDE

Sometimes , it is difficult to understand and I think it is a little overpriced.

Bewertungen zu Wing Python IDE

Wing Python IDE hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 45 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Wing Python IDE bereits verwendet?

Ram R.
Ram R.
Senior Software Developer in Israel
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great all-around Python IDE and debugger

Kommentare: I've been using Wing IDE as my main development environment for 10 years now. I'm a big fan of Wing. I've used it for my open-source projects, my client projects when I was working as a freelancer, and now I use it at my work in a corporate environment. I do Python programming almost exclusively, so its Python-centric approach is a good fit for me. The debugger is first-class. It works on multi-process, multi-thread programs. You have your breakpoints, watches, step commands and everything you can expect from a modern debugger. Remote debugging is supported, which is especially crucial in a corporate environment, where you're debugging code that runs on different machines. They've recently added advanced features like recursive debugging, which helped me do some deep troubleshooting at my job. The editor is great. It's got VI and eMacs mode and it's extensible with scripts. It has lots of useful tools (like showing documentation, refactoring, diffing, Python shell, etc.) which I spread across 2 big monitors. The support staff is great. I've made many suggestions and requests for improvement to them over the years and they've implemented many of them. Bugs are fixed quickly. Overall, I highly recommend Wing IDE!

- First-class debugger - Great, extensible editor - Cross-compatible with Windows / Linux / Mac - Responsive email support - Extensive set of tools

- I can't get it to fill out my taxes :)

Maaz M.
Software Engineer in Pakistan
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Wing Python IDE

Kommentare: I like WingPython IDE due to its powerful error debugger and easy navigation through code.

Wing Python IDE is a lightweight, easy to use development software hosting powerful code editor, along with code testing capability and built-in error debugging. Its customized keystrokes shortcuts along with with its highly flexible macros further increases its accessibility.

Thoghu Wing Python IDE is a powerful developer yet it offers a very minimal support to languages that aren't python based which makes prevents it from wide use.

vor 5 Monaten

Thanks for the review! It is true that Wing specializes on Python and thus is often used together with other tools by developers that also work with non-Python languages.

Melvin R.
Engineer in USA

Great debugger

Easy way to step through python code line by line.

Not as lightweight as the text editors I am used to.

Antwort von Wingware

Thanks for submitting this review. If you run into performance problems please email us at support@wingware.com. There are times when Wing will do substantial processing in analysing your code but this should stop after a while and the results are cached. If it's sluggish in general then something is wrong and we can help by collecting a profile and trying to solve the problem.

Alessandro C.
Alessandro C.
Tecnico - Analista/Sviluppatore in Italien
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

It's something worth with

Kommentare: I work with wingide (pro) since 5 years. I did try to change it with some other ide totally free... but no one gives to me same level of productivity.

Debugger. I work with zope/plone enviroments and the ability do place simple brackpoints directly on a code line without import any pdb and without restart the process is, IMHO, what's worth of it. It is written in python so is really efficient in running python code against other editors written in java o c#

Editor is a little bit old. Others IDE add graphic facilities that make them really cool. WingIDE lack of coolness but. Some recent meta languages haven't their syntaxt hilight (for eample. react jsx)

Antwort von Wingware

Thanks for posting this review! Wing 7 add some things that might help with the coolness factor, including callouts for better indicating results in search, find uses, etc and ability to press Shift-Space to overall all the values of symbols in the editor. If you have other specific things you'ld like to see, please let us know. You're right there's no jsx support yet. I found mapping that to Javascript in the Files > File Types > Extra File Types preference is better than nothing, though.

Douglas w. G.
Douglas w. G.
Software Engineer doing Hardware R&D in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

My Indispensable Tool for Python Development (every day)

Kommentare: Using Wing IDE has increased my productivity. The debugger especially has reduced time spent fixing bugs. Writing Python code has become more FUN.

From the beginning I found the product had wonderful usability. Wing has tons of features and it takes time to learn to take advantage of them. From day 1, I found my development more comfortable. I developed a large web application based on python CGI scripts. I found certain features, like the remote debugging, to be a thrill. After using Wing for a very short time, I upgraded to the Pro version, which I have now been using almost a decade. The support from Wingware is outstanding. They really care about what the users are experiencing and they address problems promptly. Their IDE product is about two decades old. That takes a lot of commitment. The program is always scurrying around providing valuable information. Right clicking or hovering provides fast access to valuable features.

That's a tough one. I am at a loss to think of anything, honestly.

Mitchell M.
Mitchell M.
Independent Consultant in USA
Biotechnologie, Selbstständig

Spectacular

Kommentare: I have used Wing for so many years I can't even remember when I started. It is a joy to use. The features just keep coming year after year. Customer support is ridiculously responsive and on target, with responses immediately disseminated to all users. The Wing guys have extraordinarily deep understanding of Python, frameworks, platforms, debugging, and user needs, and a great imagination for features and capabilities.

huge feature set, integrated support for many frameworks, external & network debugging, tremendous cross-platform support and choice of keyboard "personality", wonderfully customizable, highly flexible arrangement of windows/tabs/tools, powerful editing and debugging facilities

There is nothing whatsoever that I dislike about this software.

Gouri S.
Senior Software Engineer in Indien
Telekommunikation, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Smooth debugging and code development

Kommentare: Overall experience using wing python IDE is good. I have used to develop my flask web application

What I liked the most about Wing Python IDE is, It provides tip in auto syntax which speed up the code development part and it is very easy to debug using wing IDE

There is nothing much which i don't like, API feature can be further improved.

vor 5 Monaten

Thanks for the review! If there are specific things you'ld like to see added to the API, please send us an email at support@wingware.com.

Graduate Research Assistant in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Best Python IDE and excellent debug options

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Based on the productivity comparison, this IDE is one of the good among those i used and I could recommend it to anybody.

It is best in debugging python codes. Easily find the problems in coding while checking due to the advanced features of debugging.

The main issue is that it's a heavy software and took a lot more space and memory.

vor 2 Wochen

Thanks for the review! If Wing seems heavy or slow, it may be a configuration issue. Feel free to send email to support@wingware.com for help.

Devonta S.
IT help desk in USA

great IDE tool

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

I really enjoy this product and the functionality of all that it offers

teaching this product to a new user can be a headache

letzte Woche

Thanks for the review! As far as teaching the product: There is a self-guided tutorial in the Help menu. Please feel free to send feedback on any specific issues with that to support@wingware.com.

Student in Indien

Excellent IDE for python software development

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Wing IDE has been excellent for writing python codes. There are a host of features that aid in proper code development. The code editor is good. The productivity levels are high and overall efficiency of work increased.

Good Graphical User Interface Excellent debugger Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux OS Code Development Deployment Management Excellent support for Developers Effective Code Editing

Nothing as such, the product is excellent.

vor 3 Wochen

Thanks very much for taking the time to review Wing! I'm glad it's working well for you.

John F.
programmer in USA

Why Wing

Kommentare: I have used Wing for many years. When I started programming in python I needed something better than the editor provided by python. I wanted an IDE that provided an integrated debugger, warned me when I had syntax errors, corrected my spacing and was cross platform (windows and Linux was required). Wing was the only IDE that I thought met those needs and was available at the time. That tells you how I got started with Wing but it does not tell you why I continue to use Wing after all these years. Today there are lots of python editors that could meet my needs - my needs haven't changed much. And yes, I have used many of them. But I have always returned to Wing. I have used PyCharm, Atom, Sublime, Eric, SPE, and Vim to name a few. They all have their strengths and their weak points. In fact I enjoyed using Atom a lot. But I still returned to Wing. I think the real reason wasn't because I was used to Wing (you know it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks) but because of the flexibility of Wing to meet the ever changing Python landscape.
I started out using wxPython then Django and soon after Flask. Wing was right there for me allowing special setups providing an easy way to integrate those technologies into my everyday programming requirements. When I reported a bug it was dealt with almost within a day. Yes that right - one day. The only other editor that responsive has been Atom - but they took at much as a week to fix items.

Wing debugging has always but one of it's best features. I have never found a better one. PyCharm's debugger was good too and it did a little more but then again in the end I didn't need the extra info PyCharm provided.

Negatives are not really there - all the python editors have some issue but I found Wing to meet my needs even if I find a bug every once an while. I have the same to be true with all the other editors.

Research and development scientist in USA
Maschinerie, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

I'm a fan of Wingide and I'm happy to admit it.

Kommentare: I have been using Wingide pro for a long time - I believe I started with version 1 or 2 and for the past 10 years have been using it every day for python development at my work supporting a GUI application that allows calibration and diagnostics of a distance measurement system. The current version of the application has been in development for 5 years, uses a range of classic python packages including numpy matplotlib and wxpython and has grown to include a large number of python modules. However, Wingide has been able to handle everything I have been able to through at it with out any problems. I also use Visual Studio of a fairly regular basis fro c++ development and think that Wingide is every bit as good and in someways better than Visual Studio . If you are in the market for a professional level python IDE you really owe it to yourself to, at least, try Wingide.

Things I really appreciate about wingide (pro): The publisher 's have a civilized pricing and licensing approach. The developers behind the product are very attentive to user feedback - they respond quickly and with clear reasonable answers concerning problems. When I have reported issues I have typically got a decent response on the same day. Unlike the case for some IDEs (I'm looking at you eclipse) creating and managing a project in Wingide is not a pain. Easy to debug into running python projects. The debugging ability in wingide is excellent . The debug console tab is very handy for example - hit a break point change the current context and then continue. Happiness. Easy navigation around a project with things like the go to definition feature or find points of use feature Runs on multiple operating systems - I did not have to learn a new tools when I moved over to developing on Linux. Good documentation.

Honestly nothing really has upset me about this software - I normally try to use free, opensource products but I am happy to pay for Wingide and have encouraged a number of my colleagues to start using it and they seem happy with the product too. I'm aware that there are now a number of other decent python ides out there (thank you people - it was not so good in 1998 -1999 when I started working with python) but Wingide just works so nicely for me that I have not felt any desire "to play the field" looking at the competition.

Jeff V.
President/Founder in USA
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

My Python IDE of choice after trying several

Kommentare: I have been using Wing IDE for over 9 year and it has never failed to allow me to allow me detect and correct any problem with the code. The ability to auto-setup projects, environments, attach to Anaconda environments, notebooks etc is first rate. As for support there is none better in the software world that I have experienced. Literally minutes after I post a problem (during normal working hours - it might take a couple hours otherwise) there is a response with a suggestion, solution or acknowledgement of an issue. It is really unbelievable support.

I have the professional version which provides the Debug Probe tool. This tool is excellent as it allows you to inspect and change variable values, execute code etc at the stack level that you are at or move to. This is far more sophisticated that most other IDE's ability to change a variable value. The ability to "attach" the debugger to executing Python code that was started outside the debugger is another great feature when you are trying to see the code execute in its actual environment.

Until recently I did not like the fact that is did not alert the user to unknown variables, as the tool has excellent auto-completion. Wing 7 in now in pre-release and I am using it does this and several other things. This feature is very useful. Based on your code type an looping the debugger can cause a slow down. I'm not sure this is a problem isolated to Wing as I have seen the same thing when using PyCharm.

Antwort von Wingware

Thanks for submitting this review. Python debuggers in general add overhead proportional to the number of byte codes executed, and with nested loops that can be a large number. There are some tricks to avoid this but depending on the debugger and the code and what breakpoints are present things can slow down in a seemingly disproportional manner. This occurs because most Python code actually does most of the CPU intensive work in C code in the Python internals, standard library, or other extension modules (or by Cython). So the number of byte codes executed is far lower. That said, I think there is more we can do to address this in Wing and we'll try to do that.

Software Tools Engineer in UK
Öl & Energie, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Just about the best & worth every penny (Pro User)

Kommentare: I use Wing IDE Pro both at my work and at home - if I wasn't happiest with it of all the IDEs & Editors that I have tried (and I have tried many) then I would have shifted years ago.

The support is excellent & fast to respond. Debugging provides just about every feature you could hope for including being able to execute exploratory code anywhere in the stack trace in the case of an exception or while at a break-point - you can even remote debug on target hardware. Editor is fast and responsive with good syntax highlighting, error & warning marking and good autocomplete, (but not too in your face like some). Integration with various tool chains, (wx, qt, Vagrant, Jupyter and more) & external tools such as pylint & various version control systems are both very good. Being able to use a single licence on multiple machines is a positive blessing.

No spell checking of comments, docstrings & strings (it has been mentioned as a possible future feature). No GUI designers, (I use wxPython but designers for the others would be a nice feature as well). It would be nice to have editors for Markdown, ReStructured Text and html all with preview but might be overkill.

Principal Systems Administrator in USA
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

highly recommended for professional and amateur

Kommentare: I am WingIDE user for many years. I start to use WingIDE Pro since version 4.xx. It's super fast, the auto-complete and debugging are amazing. You can use your license on multi-computers, and it's one-time purchase. WingIDE is very easy to learn (yes, it's true, IDE has learning curve), I still like the feel when writing code on WingIDE, it feels very relaxed. I used all different IDEs, some are free and open source (Eric, Eclipse, Atom) some are commercial (Komodo, WingIDE, PyCharm, IntelliJ). I always feel WingIDE is the most "pythonic" one. It's hard to explain, try it for couple weeks, then you can experience it yourself. Unfortunately I had to switch to JetBrain product on 2018. It's slower (java based) and more expense (yearly subscription mode). However the main reason I have to switch to JetBrain product is not because WingIDE is not good, it's due to the workflow change, I have to work with multi-languages on same project. (mixing of Python, Ruby and Golang) and I did not switch to PyCharm, I switch to IntelliJ. So, it's not really "apple to apple"

Very Fast Easy to use Good debugger WingIDE Pro has better price than PyCharm Pro.

Some feature missing or behind PyCharm Not many plugins available Smaller community than PyCharm

Ed T.
Engr in USA
Computer-Hardware, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A solid product that will strengthen your efforts

Kommentare: several years with wing-101 and now wing-pro.

I just wanted to say I’m thrilled and dazzled by your Wing Pro IDE which I recently purchased. It has really helped in debugging our systems by helping us make our test analysis scripts more robust and easy to modify. I am a relative newbie at python and have barely scratched the surface of your tool, but it has a very satisfying “heft” and has handled analyzing giant trace files with nary a complaint. It gives excellent feedback when I wander off track and make a silly syntax error. It also gives great feedback when you use breakpoints to see what the code is actually doing. Please keep up the good work.

Features seem good to me; maybe detachable/expandable windows for viewing the output of long print jobs; add a beginner tutorial that covers a range of intro topics

Antwort von Wingware

Thanks for the review! You can drag tools out of the main window by their tabs, which maybe will address what you're looking for to deal with output of long print jobs. Also, there is a tutorial in the Help menu, although it does focus on IDE functionality and not teaching about Python in general. Thanks again!

Thomas R.
Software Engineer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A great IDE

Kommentare: I use Wing every day as part of my job as a Software Engineer. My experience is generally very positive. It is the best IDE I've tried.

Wing has an excellent debugger, with great code inspection and autocomplete. The ability to work on remote projects is great too. Customer support is amazing. You can often expect an email response from the dev team within minutes of filing a bug report.

Some features are lacking compared to editors with plugin support, and the small development team means new features are often slow to arrive.

Antwort von Wingware

Thanks for submitting this review. Just to clarify, we do have plugin support and you can write extensions for Wing in Python and even develop and debug them in Wing. However, you're right that there are not a lot that people have shared. The more ambitious extension efforts I'm aware of are specific to the customer's development process or products. Those things that have been contributed though us are stored here: https://bitbucket.org/sdeibel/wing-contrib/src

Wen-jet W.
Wen-jet W.
GM of Operational Dept. in Taiwan

A Python IDE that release the power of your mind

Kommentare: We are a company providing Natural Langugae Processing solutions, especially in Mandarin. The Stack Data and Debugging tools that can show Chinese characters correctly at some breakpoint saves us a lot of time. We really have a good time at work with such a great tool.

It's intellectual editor response and fast launch speed help me focus on the logic behind my code. Not to mention the prompt and friendly responses from Support/Sales and mailing list makes us feel like we are astronuts working in the deep space, and always having a solid support team making sure our gears are right for the mission.

I get lost in the full-functioned preference settings often.

Antwort von Wingware

Thanks for submitting this review. We're hoping add a way to search the preferences dialog to make that easier to manage. The organization is also somewhat improved in Wing 7.

Awais A.
Manager in Pakistan

Easy way to coding

Kommentare: Overall it's a great powerful tool for Python programming which provides a full range of features.

Provided simple, clean, and minimalist interface which makes writing code easier and helps to focus on the main task which is writing code without a lot of distracting features.

Adding new packages can be tricky and the price of a pro license is on the higher side. It also doesn't support any other programming language.

Antwort von Wingware

Thanks for the review! In case it helps people who read this, I think the reason this review mentions that adding packages can be tricky is that Wing doesn't currently have a package manager integration, so you need run pip or conda or whatever you're using from the command line. An integrated package manager is something we plan to add in the future.

Anthony F.
Anthony F.
Engineering Lead in Kanada
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best Python IDE

Kommentare: We are an specialized engineering company that writes desktop applications for engineers to perform process simulation and related data analysis. We have been using WingIDE Professional for the past decade with a small team of developers. We could not be happier with the product and the support!

The debugger and code navigation tools are some of the best features in WingIDE. It is very easy to trace problems through complicated code. It is easy to jump to areas of code that you need to find. The editor is theme-able and so many of our team work in "dark mode" -- but not everyone. The support is also great -- issues get responded to quickly and fixes pushed within days.

We do not have any complaints about WingIDE.

Reginaldo F.
Reginaldo F.
uso do ide in Brasilien
Versorgungsunternehmen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

uso do ide

Kommentare: it is being very useful for the company in terms of agility, and saves time taking advantage of its functionalities including automatic filling.

is a lightweight program, with advanced editing, testing and debugging features and also provides automatic filling that speeds up development.

it is really a very valuable software for the company so far its use is great.

Antwort von Wingware

Thank you for reviewing Wing! It's good to hear it's working well for you.

Second Life Senior Software Engineer in USA
Computerspiele, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

A Senior Software Developer's Review of Wing

Kommentare: At this point, Wing is my primary IDE, which I use for everything that is more complicated than vi or textedit. I use it not just for Python, but also data files (XML, JSON...) and even C++ where I don't need a full blown C++ IDE.

The software has many great features, but they are all modularized in such a way as not impede those that don't need them. This leads to a very fast learning curve as I don't need to learn about things that I don't need on the way to things I do need. A particular feature that should get a shout out is the remote development tools. We do a lot of development on AWS and colo hosts and being able to edit directly from my laptop to those hosts is a huge time saver.

Wing has had some, though not a lot, of stability problems. Wing support has been very helpful in finding and fixing these as they occur.

Abdul B.
Abdul B.
student in Pakistan
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig

python

python is very good language and is very vast iun the future

very slow idle and no black theme and no suggestions

Antwort von Wingware

Are you reviewing Wing Python IDE or Python and IDLE (the default IDE that comes with Python)? Wing does have a dark mode, which you can turn on from the menu icon in top right of the window and configure from the first preferences page. Also, Wing does have auto-completion. If you tried Wing 101 then those are turned off by default because that edition of the IDE is designed for teaching beginning Python programmers and the people we designed it with felt it would often be best to disable it initially. It can be turned on in preferences. If you are using Wing and it's slow please submit a bug report from the Help menu so we can look at why that is the case. Thanks!

Nicholas N.
Software Engineer in USA
Computer-Vernetzung, Selbstständig

Great Python IDE for beginners

Kommentare: I began to use Wing once I started dealing with more complex projects. Wing is great for managing large sets of files and getting results instantly.

The IDE allows me to write my code and execute it all within the same window. Far easier to work with than IDLE.

The UI design seems outdated (mostly black and white). This could lead to difficulty using the IDE if you have eyestrain.

Antwort von Wingware

Thanks for submitting this review. You can change the color of the UI from the first preferences page with the Color Palette preference. Also, checking Use Color Palette Throughout the UI below that applies the colors to everything and not just the editor. There are a couple of new palettes in Wing 7 and we've added a high-level configuration menu in the top right for easily switching between your configured dark theme (or a default if you haven't used on yet) and light theme. If you have other specific suggestions, please email us at support@wingware.com or submit a question at https://ask.wingware.com/

António S.
António S.
Software Engineer in Portugal

Light overall, Powerful where it matters

Kommentare: I’ve used Wing IDE on my first Python experiences, and it’s a breeze comparing to many python setups (pip nightmares) that many times beginners are recommended. Wing just works and it’s the way to go.

Wing IDE has the best power capabilities while being lightweight and easy to use, of the market. Out of the box, Wing just provides everything you need both to learn and develop a Python project on it.

Extensions and Theming possibilities are not as good as they should be, which isn’t something crucial but that matters to me.

Antwort von Wingware

Thanks for submitting this review. If you have specific requests for improving theming please let us know by emailing support@wingware.com or adding a feature request at https://ask.wingware.com/ Wing can be extending in Python, and extensions can even be debugged with Wing, but indeed there aren't as many contributed extensions as we would like. Those that exist are stored here and anyone can add to that by forking and submitting a pull request: https://bitbucket.org/sdeibel/wing-contrib/src