A Robust Commissions Tool

Bewertet am 30.4.2019
Darren S.
Director of Operations, Systems and Processes
Automotive, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: CaptivateIQ moved us out of spreadsheets into a reliable platform that helped make our lives easier operationally as well as form a Sales user experience. RepairPal had been running the Sales team's commission calculations out of Excel spreadsheets for as long as anyone here can remember. Which worked for making sure the Sales team got paid on their standard plan but did not allow us much if any customizability.
It was a real challenge for us to pay SPIFFS, payroll adjustments, etc. Changing our comp structure was weeks worth of work instead of hours or days. And it wasn't a great user experience for the Sales team. Who ended up having to go through PDFs every month to try and find out what they had been paid.
When I had initially started evaluating tools we'd looked at Exactly SimplyComp. But it became pretty apparent early on that we weren't their target buyer. Our sales team had 6 people on it and when we evaluated SimplyComp, it was challenging to replicate our plan. When CaptivateIQ reached out to us, it was very apparent that they understood our needs, struggles and had a wealth of experience working with all kinds of commission plans. We did a proof of concept trial with a free implementation and I could not be more pleased with the results. What used to take 2 people hours to do, is done in 15 minutes. Saves me time, saves our finance guys time and keeps the sales team happy.

Vorteile: Flexibility;
I have a hard time imagining a commission structure CaptivateIQ couldn't replicate.
Customizable statements;
Show the sales team what they need to know. How much they got paid and when. Nothing more nothing less.
Ease of use;
Fairly easy to self serve if you have a good understanding of excel formulas and SQL.
Takes us about 15 minutes to run commissions now where it used to take us hours.
Customer support;
Every time I have reached out for help, I have gotten a response the same day. That’s particularly impressive given the size of CaptivateIQ.

Nachteile: I believe you can buy one at extra cost, but there's no built-in test/sandbox instance. Makes me a bit nervous testing things out in our production instance. But there are ways to ensure none of your important data is touched, so not a huge con by any means.

Captivate has been a massive win

Bewertet am 24.5.2019
Carl E.
Director of Sales Operations
Personalwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The main problems we were looking to solve with Captivate were improved accuracy of our calculations, increased transparency of the commissions process, and reduced time to calculate. I think we've realized all of the above and I’m not sure how we’d scale or handle our current plans in Excel.

Vorteile: In 2019 we migrated from 3 compensation plans that could be managed in Excel to more complex plans with multiple variations. We needed a system that could provide a better audit trail as well as visibility into the calculations to ensure the math checked out. CaptivateIQ has been huge for us. I find it very valuable for sanity checking calculations and avoiding discrepancies. Any time there are discrepancies we can take a deeper dive into the calculations and see what’s contributing to the error which brings peace of mind. I appreciate how the calculations in the plans are laid out step by step and it’s very logical. Nothing is nested, so this makes it incredibly easy to follow along. The biggest win has been transparency with our sales team. Previously we didn't have the time to create individual statements for our reps which often caused additional lost time when they had questions about the calculations. The individual statements have significantly reduced the amount of support we need to provide post-calculation.

Nachteile: As someone very comfortable with spreadsheets, formulas, and data analysis, I find the concepts in Captivate and tool straightforward to use. That said, it’s going to take some of my team members a little longer for them to learn given they don’t have the same level of experience. Our implementation specialist was helpful though in explaining the concepts and getting our team more comfortable with the tool. Our implementation was a success, but my only feedback is that I would have preferred to plan a whole day session vs several 1 hour sessions over a number of weeks. This would have made our time to implement substantially faster. In future updates I'd like to see more work on auditing tools to help us chase down discrepancies or errors quicker, and additional control or flexibility on the presentation and layout of the individual commission statements.

Processing commissions in <1 min / month even with our new complex plans

Bewertet am 31.5.2019
Ricardo S.
VP of Business Development - LatAm

Kommentare: It’s been the great..of course the product, but I really enjoyed working with the support staff as well. Not only great guys and A+ service, but they have both been in finance roles where they ran commissions at companies so they’re great resources.

Vorteile: The product truly automates what used to be one of the most annoying manual tasks for us
The sales, implementation guys, and support team are all fantastic
My reps finally have visibility to their commissions without having to ask me or my admin
Data syncs directly from my CRM
I was able to change my reps’ plans to have a better (but more complex) plan because I didn’t have to worry about how we’d calculate it each month

Nachteile: The ui needed some improvement but one of the recent updates was a huge boost..it looks very slick now

Awesome product. Handles the nitty gritty so you can focus on what's important.

Bewertet am 29.3.2019
Shane W.
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I’d definitely recommend CaptivateIQ to those looking for a way to automate the commissions process and save a lot of time. The CaptivateIQ team was amazing in helping me get set up quickly and when it’s all set up and it gave me some peace knowing I’ve got a vetted system to payout commissions to my team.

Vorteile: I was one of the early customers on CaptivateIQ and can definitely say the tool has evolved a lot. We were traditionally handling commissions in Excel and as the CEO of the company, I was spending a lot of time calculating payouts and sending them to my team. CaptivateIQ helped automate much of the hard work so all I needed to do was refresh the data and click process. My reps then had all the details into how they were getting paid for the month and I had a peace of mind that everything was calculated correctly. One of the things I valued most from CaptivateIQ was the team behind the product. Their experience and familiarity with various commission plans and working with imperfect data helped me think about better ways to streamline my comp plans. They were also very responsive and helpful when it came to questions I had about my plan or the system.

Nachteile: After their funding I saw a rapid improvements to the product, which at times meant I was seeing something a little different in the UI. Now things are more consistent and stable so that has improved. For statement reports my team receives, I’d like see the ability to PDF them automatically. I also believe they can improve some of the reporting UI but I’m told that is in their update later this year.

Takes the pain away from a painful process

Bewertet am 23.5.2019
Nicholas B.
Business Operations Manager
Essen & Trinken, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I think the system is great. We have harder than normal commission plans in my opinion and CaptivateIQ delivered. I would definitely recommend it to others looking to make commissions less painful to manage.

Vorteile: We were previously managing commissions in Excel and it was starting to take up more time to manage given our growing team. We looked at CaptivateIQ and we were skeptical they could handle our commission plans but they pulled it off. Their system is very flexible and was able to handle things like ramp, draw, and more for us. I also like their rep reporting section. Unlike other solutions, which were forcing us into their set templates, CaptivateIQ’s was very customizable and we were able to tailor each plan.

Nachteile: Their documentation is lacking within the product but they have a great services team that was able to help get me trained so not a big deal.

CaptivateIQ Review

Bewertet am 15.7.2019
Jesse S.
BDR Manager

Kommentare: We are solving cross team collaboration with commission between accounting and my BDR management team and moving away from excel spreadsheets. This has totally given new clarity and transparency across 3 different teams and made a lot of the grunt work of managing a BDR team go away. Also love that I can customize the comp structure to my own system.

Vorteile: -UX, simplicity - this product makes it incredibly flexible and easy to model my BDR commissions and work with accounting to ensure everyone is on the same page with comp. Working in a startup means we often change how we comp, and having a seamless UX and flexibility is crucial in using commission software for our BDRS.

Nachteile: only con is not being able to login via the website - sometimes hard to track down the app itself and where to login

Very easy to use!

Bewertet am 15.5.2019
Sarah D.
Personalwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: CaptivateIQ is REALLY EASY to use and understand, especially if you come from the world of Excel. After a few sessions with their services team, I’m comfortable making changes to the product on my own. We have a large sales team with a variety of teams / plans and this streamlined the whole process. I recommend this for any large and fast growing sales team.

Vorteile: Coming from Excel and being able to use CaptivateIQ for commissions processing has been a huge win. I love the product and can’t rave enough about it. Some of the big things I like about the product include:
- Being able to custom build the statements per each plan
- Easily accommodate changes with people leaving and joining new teams
- Loved how easy it is to use especially getting the reps to get into the system and use it (little to no training)
CaptivateIQ also has a great services team. They help think through all the use cases and make sure everything is setup correctly. I've never experienced a services team as dedicated and effective as theirs!

Nachteile: I would love to be able to download statements. Also, on the statement reporter, while incredibly easy to use, I would love more features like adding colors and grouping.

Captivate IQ is a great solution to commissions scaling with growing sales teams

Bewertet am 14.7.2019
Kelly M.
Director Sales Operations

Kommentare: Positive experience, CSR has been an amazing team getting us up and running and through the implementation process smoothly. They ask all the right questions and take the time to really understand your plans and help ensure the backend handles all the plan possibilities.

Vorteile: Easy to use, update and get users accessing on their own. Customer Support responsiveness to use recommendations and general assistance for questions or best practice advice.

Nachteile: Initially there were some multi step in setup that could be linked to save steps and when i made the recommendation, within a few weeks the fix was in.

Valuable Stats at Your Fingertips

Monica C.
Inside Sales Representative
Personalwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We used to have a person in our company whose sole job and responsibility is to track, compile, audit, and submit commission information for commission payout. This process was incredibly tedious and had the risk of errors and took at the very minimum 3 day turnaround once all the data was compiled. Since switching, we've been able to streamline and decrease the turnaround time!

Vorteile: From the beginning (and I mean the vetting process when deciding to switch to outsourcing commission management) CaptivateIQ has shown that they are a true partner vendor in the way that they really listened to what we needed and wanted from our commission vendor as well as how our commission is structured. When I log into my dashboard and view my statement, I see all the valuable information I need to understand my past performance and see where my potential payout will be.

Nachteile: Although the stats that I see are incredibly important (no fluff or unnecessary data), I do wish we had graphical representation of the stats so I can see trends and leading/lagging information.

Switching form Oracle to CaptivateIQ has been incredible

Bewertet am 23.5.2019
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been extremely positive! We had used Xactly and Oracle in the past and there is no comparison in terms of balancing ease of use with robust capability. Our monthly comp processing has never been more simple! I also want to emphasize the dedication and attention to detail the Captivate team demonstrated during our evaluation cycle, implementation, and beyond - they are committed to getting the tool working exactly as their customers require to an extent I have never seen from other vendors.

Vorteile: Captivate IQ has an exceptional services team - they invested the time needed to understand our needs and comp plan and were able to get us set up in record time. We had a short window between renewals and the Captivate team was able to quickly onboard us with this in mind, making us confident in our vendor switch. Captivate's data transformation capabilities really stood out to us, as we were working with a hold and release plan which required multiple datasets to be combined with payments data to produce correct releases. The platform was able to handle this easily! I also really like the ability to easily edit statements and make manual adjustments - these have been huge time savers!

Nachteile: We've asked Captivate to look into custom number formatting for statements. It would also be helpful if the error codes, when triggered, showed more detail.

Very flexible commission system

Bewertet am 24.5.2019
Ada J.
VP Finance

Kommentare: CaptivateIQ has been a great experience. Coming from Excel, I highly recommend it for an automated commission solution to save time processing, reviewing payouts for accuracy, and giving something our team is able to interact with for their compensation. When we ran out of time we would not send statements to individuals and with captivateIQ I never have to worry about that.

Vorteile: One of the challenges of handling our main AE plan in Excel was that it required me to track every period for each sales rep on each line. This was quickly ballooning to become a problem and wasn’t going to scale well with our fast growing business. CaptivateIQ was able to easily handle this AND all of our other different commission plans (SDR team, CS team, Managers, etc.) They’ve got a nice UI and the formula writing within their Comp Plan designer is easy to understand. I also like the real-time feedback in the calculations - brings a lot of transparency for creating new or updating existing commission plans. Services team has been great - very fast and we’re happy with the work so far.

Nachteile: The system has a lot of flexibility to handle any commission plan but sometimes the formula writing can be a little long. This could be related to the complexity of some of our plans trying to satisfy a bunch of conditions for payouts.

Great team and product

Bewertet am 14.5.2019
Keith D.
SVP Global Revenue
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Commissions used to be a stressful and time consuming monthly exercise. With CaptivateIQ, it takes a few clicks a month to process payouts for the team and now I can move into more important business activities. If you have multiple plans and managers and are trying to simplify this process with an easy to use system, CaptivateIQ will serve you well.

Vorteile: I appreciate how quickly the system was put together including making changes to account for new 2019 plans. We were able to run payouts within a few days after walking through our plans with their team. Now that the system is running, I really like how everything is centralized so our team can and myself have an organized view of what’s been paid out for on commissions. The team really enjoys the visibility into their deals and have confidence everything is accounted for.

Nachteile: It would be great to see a Hubspot CRM integration. It would also be nice to see a task manager or a step-by-step walkthrough for when I run payouts each month. For example, when I’m running a payout for a new month, it’d be great to click a button and it would take me through all the steps on all the pages and then actions I need to perform. This would remove having me click on the side navigation to get through processing a payout (loading data, processing payout, review, etc.)

User friendly commission solution

Bewertet am 29.5.2019
Amanda G.
Sales Operations Manager

Kommentare: Previously, we were operating commissions in Excel spreadsheets. It was a very manual process that took a lot of time to put together and manually check. It also opened us to potential problems common with spreadsheets (copy pasting formulas and numbers, etc.). We’ve since been operating out of CaptivateIQ, which is a great platform. It beats manually calculating commissions in spreadsheets and makes the whole process very quick, simple, and easy.

Vorteile: CaptivateIQ rearchitected a new platform and so far it’s great. It’s very easy to digest and works much better than ever before. With this new design, it’s fully functional and self-service - I’m able to go and create new commission plans on my own. It has a workbook style to it making the UI/UX very familiar and intuitive.

Nachteile: The statement designer has been great so far in that it’s very customizable but I would like to see improvements around formatting and adding graphics/colors. Also, I’d like to see more from general reporting for analysis. The team mentioned this is something they’re working on and will be out shortly so excited to hear what will come out for this.

CaptivateIQ Review

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Destiny H.
Onsite supervisor
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Its been a great experience overall using CaptivatelQ

Vorteile: Its very easy to use on a daily basis. Its very easy to navigate threw the software.

Nachteile: I like everything about the website no complaints

Easy to use compensation reporting system

Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Zachary M.
Account Executive
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience with CaptivateIQ has been primarily as a user needing to calculate compensation and ensure that I was paid correctly. Captivate has been great at effectively showing me what I need to see and I don't feel that we're missing out on anything.

Vorteile: It's overly simple and makes it very easy to pull up what I need to see about my compensation in order to ensure that I've been paid what was expected given my previous month sales.

Nachteile: While I don't have experience with many competitors, I don't have any real complaints about the software or places I'd like to see it improve.

Glad we are moving on from Google Sheets....

Account Development Representative

Kommentare: No problems so far. But the entire commission process is 10x easier and navigate. We were using Google Sheets to track monthly and quarterly compensation - it was a nightmare. If we didn't complete the review in time, it would delay our payout and that was no fun! As an ADR, it's important to track your opportunities in different stages: closed-won, closed-lost, discovery, attempting, evaluating and negotiation. CaptivateIQ has allowed me to visually see what I have done month to month and what I want to be tracking towards -- more closed-won opportunities!

Vorteile: CaptivateIQ stores all my commission documents in one place. I can quickly scan through my Payout Summary for each month without flipping through different sheets. It also is easy to see if any adjustments are made. Wonderful service! It also helps save our Finance team so much time! I love that we have made their jobs easier :)

Nachteile: UI/UX can be improved. Very simple, bare-boned site. I would like to see more graphics and the ability to add more to my user profile. The color scheme is also a bit dull - consider oranges or reds! It also was troubling trying to log-in at first. I had to input my work email and then click forgot password. Long and annoying process. Making that an easier experience would have been nice!

Great software to track sales compensation

Bewertet am 11.7.2019
Account Executive
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: No more confusion about my sales comp.

Vorteile: CaptivateIQ is easy to use. The UI is simple and functions in the way in which you want it to. Very easy to find the information I need to track my sales compensation.

Nachteile: For some reason, all sales from the quarter are listed in one month's view. It would be helpful if this information was separated into different columns.

CaptivateIQ has provided our ICs and org with peace of mind

Bewertet am 18.8.2019
People Empowerer
Personalwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When reps have questions on their comp, the first place we start with is CaptivateIQ.

Vorteile: Clear reports provide detailed information on every deal closed.

Nachteile: A few quarters back we transitioned from the beta to the GA and it's been a great experience since!

CaptivateIQ - bringing insight and ease to underserved space

Bewertet am 12.7.2019
Tim L.
Sales Manager
Buchhaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been great - an awesome addition to our sales org!

Vorteile: I love the visibility it gives sales reps into deals. It also shows how deals are changing during onboarding and is customizable.

Nachteile: Some things could be a bit more clearly labeled.

Makes commission process easy

Bewertet am 15.7.2019
Greg R.
Strategy and Operations

Kommentare: Good implementation process to get our plans on the tool quickly.

Vorteile: Makes a complex commission process simple. Saves a ton of time and improves accuracy.

Nachteile: Solid tool for commissions. Minor things on the UI side that could be improved

Easy to track commissions for a salesperson

Vaughn C.
Territory Sales Executive
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It does what I hoped it would do. It houses my payments and makes it easy to see why I'm receiving the payments that I'm receiving.

Vorteile: CaptivateIQ is my go-to stop to see current and past commission payments. Our comp structure is somewhat complicated based on changes over the past few years, and CaptivateIQ has made it easy to track when I should expect payments and who they are coming from.

Nachteile: Due to changes that have happened to our comp structure and pricing and packaging over the years, I have to switch between tabs in order to see all payments. It would be nice to have a single view.

my review

Matthew S.
account executive
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: great experience!

Vorteile: i liked that it is user friendly - def reccomending

Nachteile: it could have a better aesthetic - and good be more user friendly

Great Easy to use Tool

Bewertet am 10.7.2019
Kevin Z.
Strategic Finance Manager
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: CaptivateIQ significantly lowered the time it takes to run commissions each month as well as increased the accuracy of the calculations.

Nachteile: Learning to run commissions in this tool took some time but the support team was great and made sure our team was up to speed during onboarding.

Great platform to manage our sales commissions!

Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Solutions Consultant
Personalwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It is very user friendly and creates visibility across the entire team.

Nachteile: There are not many cons that come to mind for me. It is a great solution.

Great solution to understand commission breakdowns at a glance

Bewertet am 17.7.2019
Erik B.
Sr Sales Manager

Kommentare: Excellent tool that helps me clearly walk my reps through their commission summary.

Vorteile: I like the fact I can see my entire teams roll-up. From there, I can dive in and get very granular with the data if needed.

Nachteile: The UI looks a bit outdated, but that's a personal preference.