Filtern nach:

Über CaptivateIQ

CaptivateIQ wird auf dem Markt von Vertriebskommissionssoftware gut bewertet. Zu den Kunden zählen Intercom, Gong, The Atlantic und Udemy.

Erfahre mehr über CaptivateIQ

Sean E.
Sean E.
Sales Operations Analyst in USA
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

A great tool that has found the sweet spot between functionality and simplicity

Kommentare: We use CaptivateIQ to automate variable compensation calculations, along with tracking sales performance against quota. Time spent every month performing calculations is reduced by more than 90%, while calculation accuracy has increased. Payees no longer need to wait 1-2 weeks after month close before seeing expected payment amounts. They now have the option of previewing updated pay statements in real time as deals close.

Easy for a single individual to administer the entire application. Successfully and intuitively mirrors excel functionality. Ease of integration with Saleforce CRM. Relatively easy to configure plans and troubleshoot any errors in calculation logic. Wealth of help articles and plan examples made available to customers in the product knowledge base. Pace and consistency in which the application receives updates.

Building custom reports is relatively convoluted compared to the rest of the application. Pay statement formatting and customization is functional, but a little basic.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Spiff und Xactly Incent

Warum CaptivateIQ gewählt wurde: While an extremely robust tool, our team found that configuring plans and the overall use of Xactly Incent to be extremely complicated. The exercise of troubleshooting any faulty logic within plans was frustrating to say the least. There is no easy to way to trace calculations through each step to see where the problem is. So complex is the tool, that our company opted to regress back into excel statements after redesigning our compensation plans, as it was too complicated to successfully make the required changes within Incent. While also robust, Xactly Incent's integration tool (Xactly Connect) is also very complex. The vast majority of customer's will need to pay for professional services to create or modify integrations. Finally, as the big boy in the marketspace, Xactly Incent is probably the most expensive option.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Xactly Incent und Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu CaptivateIQ: We were looking for options that were easier to manage than Xactly Incent. Finding a tool that mirrored excel functionality made sense, as that is what many people are use to. Of all the products we examined, CaptivateIQ was the only one in our eyes that found the happy medium between functionality and simplicity.

Kevin H.
Kevin H.
Finance Manager in USA

Highly capable and scalable commission platform

Kommentare: We were taking 1-2 weeks to finalize commissions before trying to implement Xactly SimplyComp. CIQ helps us solve for faster calculations (1-2 days turnaround), as well as quick ASC606-compliant JEs for the accounting team.

CaptivateIQ is based on Excel formulas and logic. If you know how to model your commission structure in Excel, you'll feel at home in CaptivateIQ. When you run calculations on a monthly basis, they will take a couple minutes only. Due to the flexibility of the platform, "anything is possible" in terms of accommodating complex plans. The Implementation and CS teams have all been top notch, and willing to help.

The flexibility of the software can be a double-edged sword at times. There are a hundred ways to do everything, and just like a complex excel model, there will be unforeseen challenges that arise from time to time. As a fairly young company with fairly new people handling your implementation, the quality of your implementation may vary from person to person. The "white glove" implementation is worth it unless you have very simple comp plans.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Spiff

Warum CaptivateIQ gewählt wurde: SimplyComp was not right for us, and was taking much longer to calculate than our manual excel sheets. There was never a single time when it calculated our commissions properly right off the bat.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu CaptivateIQ: Flexibility was key, and having the 606 solution in the same box was helpful as well.

Samuel X.
AE in USA

SaaS rep using CaptivateIQ

Kommentare: n/a

Really like having transparency around how much I'm going to get paid, when, and based on what deals.

What could use the most improvement is showing me more intuitively where the data is. The UI right now takes a bit of digging around and seems like there is a lot of blank space.

Beau B.
SDR in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Best commission tool I've used

Super simple and straight forward to track your commissions. Great software!

Nothing to complain on here, this is a great software!

Albert W.
Albert W.
Business Operations Manager in USA
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, and incredible customer experience

The tool itself is incredibly intuitive to use if you come from a finance background. I could pick up everything really quickly because a lot of the design in mind is how you'd create formulas in Excel. On top of that, the customer service was unmatched. I had truly the absolute best on-boarding experience with them. Also they are rolling out new features like their plan management tool that saved me and the finance team a crazy amount of time not having to manually populate and send them one at a time.

They haven't built in short cuts that lets you mass edit columns into dates, currency etc. Could add in additional visuals to make it a bit prettier. Create the option of a real-time sync could be useful from a performance management perspective.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Spiff und Xactly Incent

Gründe für den Wechsel zu CaptivateIQ: Much more robust and incredibly intuitive to use for a finance or analytical professional.

Troy S.
Revenue Operations Analyst in USA
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great tool and great support

Kommentare: Working with their implementation, support, and customer success teams has been incredible! Very helpful and responsive

The ability to turn around ad hoc data/reporting requests related to sales comp has been a huge difference. The statements are also a huge benefit to the team and time saver for myself

Some features that will be very nice to have on product roadmap

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Spiff

Warum CaptivateIQ gewählt wurde: Sheets were incredibly time consuming and manual error-prone

Zuvor genutzte Software: Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu CaptivateIQ: The statements along with the ease of setting up/familiarity based on my experience with Excel formulas

Jonathan G.
Jonathan G.
Sales Director - FinTech in USA

Simple and Effective

5 letztes Jahr

The feature I like the most about CaptivateIQ is the commissions dashboard. In single screen you can see all you previous and upcoming commission statements, with ability to look at statements for each one. As. a rep, it makes it extremely easy to know what deals are getting paid out and what rates. As a manager, you also have the intuitive view to quickly review in case any questions arise from reps.

Honestly, there is nothing not to like. The previous tool we were using was a nightmare for all users (admins, managers, reps, etc.). CaptivateIQ has really helped streamline our communication process when releasing commissions.

Alec L.
Director of Sales Operations in USA

Ease of use and customization

Kommentare: Commission calculations, commission statements, commission release/hold, reports.

It offers flexibility to implement complex comp plans. The workflow are easy to follow.

There isn't anything that I dislike so far.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu CaptivateIQ: Comp Plans were getting more complex and the numbers of commission participants have grown as organization has grown 2x-3x. The Excel can no longer support the commission processes.

General Manager Technical Services APAC in Australien
Informationsdienst, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

CaptivateIQ meets our global Incentive payment requirements

Kommentare: CaptivateIQ has created reliability and greater visibility on both commission payments and simple and accurate commission reports for our employees. In the rare case there are any irregularities they can be quickly identified by the users in the portal and addressed by the finance team.

The simplicity and clarity of the incentives reporting has made life much easier for both the finance team and the sales and management teams. The level of integrations and the ability to support multiple currencies makes the system ideal for all our trading locations.

Much like all new applications the UI can be a little confusing to begin with but, becomes quite intuitive very quickly.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Commissionly, Performio und Nintex Promapp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu CaptivateIQ: The exemplary Sales service and flexibility of the CaptivateIQ solution to meet both our global incentive payment requirements whilst natively integrating with our existing line of business solutions.

Sales Ops Manager in USA
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

great product, fantastic support and implementation service

Kommentare: knowledgeable implementation team, support team with quick response, product provides transparency, time saving and accuracy

the implementation team did a fantastic job setting us up so we are ready to go

not the product's fault, but my organization calculates commission every 3 months, so i rarely log into the platform, making connecting to the product a challenge.

Darren S.
Director of Operations, Systems and Processes in USA
Automotive, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A Robust Commissions Tool

Kommentare: CaptivateIQ moved us out of spreadsheets into a reliable platform that helped make our lives easier operationally as well as form a Sales user experience. RepairPal had been running the Sales team's commission calculations out of Excel spreadsheets for as long as anyone here can remember. Which worked for making sure the Sales team got paid on their standard plan but did not allow us much if any customizability.
It was a real challenge for us to pay SPIFFS, payroll adjustments, etc. Changing our comp structure was weeks worth of work instead of hours or days. And it wasn't a great user experience for the Sales team. Who ended up having to go through PDFs every month to try and find out what they had been paid.
When I had initially started evaluating tools we'd looked at Exactly SimplyComp. But it became pretty apparent early on that we weren't their target buyer. Our sales team had 6 people on it and when we evaluated SimplyComp, it was challenging to replicate our plan. When CaptivateIQ reached out to us, it was very apparent that they understood our needs, struggles and had a wealth of experience working with all kinds of commission plans. We did a proof of concept trial with a free implementation and I could not be more pleased with the results. What used to take 2 people hours to do, is done in 15 minutes. Saves me time, saves our finance guys time and keeps the sales team happy.

Flexibility; I have a hard time imagining a commission structure CaptivateIQ couldn't replicate. Customizable statements; Show the sales team what they need to know. How much they got paid and when. Nothing more nothing less. Ease of use; Fairly easy to self serve if you have a good understanding of excel formulas and SQL. Takes us about 15 minutes to run commissions now where it used to take us hours. Customer support; Every time I have reached out for help, I have gotten a response the same day. That’s particularly impressive given the size of CaptivateIQ.

I believe you can buy one at extra cost, but there's no built-in test/sandbox instance. Makes me a bit nervous testing things out in our production instance. But there are ways to ensure none of your important data is touched, so not a huge con by any means.

Carl E.
Director of Sales Operations in USA
Personalwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Captivate has been a massive win

Kommentare: The main problems we were looking to solve with Captivate were improved accuracy of our calculations, increased transparency of the commissions process, and reduced time to calculate. I think we've realized all of the above and I’m not sure how we’d scale or handle our current plans in Excel.

In 2019 we migrated from 3 compensation plans that could be managed in Excel to more complex plans with multiple variations. We needed a system that could provide a better audit trail as well as visibility into the calculations to ensure the math checked out. CaptivateIQ has been huge for us. I find it very valuable for sanity checking calculations and avoiding discrepancies. Any time there are discrepancies we can take a deeper dive into the calculations and see what’s contributing to the error which brings peace of mind. I appreciate how the calculations in the plans are laid out step by step and it’s very logical. Nothing is nested, so this makes it incredibly easy to follow along. The biggest win has been transparency with our sales team. Previously we didn't have the time to create individual statements for our reps which often caused additional lost time when they had questions about the calculations. The individual statements have significantly reduced the amount of support we need to provide post-calculation.

As someone very comfortable with spreadsheets, formulas, and data analysis, I find the concepts in Captivate and tool straightforward to use. That said, it’s going to take some of my team members a little longer for them to learn given they don’t have the same level of experience. Our implementation specialist was helpful though in explaining the concepts and getting our team more comfortable with the tool. Our implementation was a success, but my only feedback is that I would have preferred to plan a whole day session vs several 1 hour sessions over a number of weeks. This would have made our time to implement substantially faster. In future updates I'd like to see more work on auditing tools to help us chase down discrepancies or errors quicker, and additional control or flexibility on the presentation and layout of the individual commission statements.

Ricardo S.
VP of Business Development - LatAm in Mexiko

Processing commissions in <1 min / month even with our new complex plans

Kommentare: It’s been the great..of course the product, but I really enjoyed working with the support staff as well. Not only great guys and A+ service, but they have both been in finance roles where they ran commissions at companies so they’re great resources.

The product truly automates what used to be one of the most annoying manual tasks for us The sales, implementation guys, and support team are all fantastic My reps finally have visibility to their commissions without having to ask me or my admin Data syncs directly from my CRM I was able to change my reps’ plans to have a better (but more complex) plan because I didn’t have to worry about how we’d calculate it each month

The ui needed some improvement but one of the recent updates was a huge boost..it looks very slick now

Lester C.
Sr. Financial Analyst in USA

Flexible and a huge time-saver

A few of the things that CaptivateIQ does great is the ease of processing commission statements and its diverse integrations. On the first point, processing commission statements take only a few minutes each month and it's very flexible in terms of what you want to show your sales reps. Prior to this, we were sending out excel sheets individually to each rep and it was a mess to manage/organize. On the second point, the CIQ team set up integrations to Salesforce and Netsuite for us which has been a huge time-saver in terms of automatically bringing in all the reports/mappings we use.

There's definitely a learning curve when first using CaptivateIQ. They do a good job of having training sessions that you can attend but it will take some time to get used to all the ins and outs and get everything set up. Their support team is extremely helpful though and it's never taken more than 24 hours to get a response, I normally receive one within a few hours.

Shane W.
CEO in USA
Internet, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Awesome product. Handles the nitty gritty so you can focus on what's important.

Kommentare: I’d definitely recommend CaptivateIQ to those looking for a way to automate the commissions process and save a lot of time. The CaptivateIQ team was amazing in helping me get set up quickly and when it’s all set up and it gave me some peace knowing I’ve got a vetted system to payout commissions to my team.

I was one of the early customers on CaptivateIQ and can definitely say the tool has evolved a lot. We were traditionally handling commissions in Excel and as the CEO of the company, I was spending a lot of time calculating payouts and sending them to my team. CaptivateIQ helped automate much of the hard work so all I needed to do was refresh the data and click process. My reps then had all the details into how they were getting paid for the month and I had a peace of mind that everything was calculated correctly. One of the things I valued most from CaptivateIQ was the team behind the product. Their experience and familiarity with various commission plans and working with imperfect data helped me think about better ways to streamline my comp plans. They were also very responsive and helpful when it came to questions I had about my plan or the system.

After their funding I saw a rapid improvements to the product, which at times meant I was seeing something a little different in the UI. Now things are more consistent and stable so that has improved. For statement reports my team receives, I’d like see the ability to PDF them automatically. I also believe they can improve some of the reporting UI but I’m told that is in their update later this year.

Nicholas B.
Business Operations Manager in USA
Essen & Trinken, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Takes the pain away from a painful process

Kommentare: I think the system is great. We have harder than normal commission plans in my opinion and CaptivateIQ delivered. I would definitely recommend it to others looking to make commissions less painful to manage.

We were previously managing commissions in Excel and it was starting to take up more time to manage given our growing team. We looked at CaptivateIQ and we were skeptical they could handle our commission plans but they pulled it off. Their system is very flexible and was able to handle things like ramp, draw, and more for us. I also like their rep reporting section. Unlike other solutions, which were forcing us into their set templates, CaptivateIQ’s was very customizable and we were able to tailor each plan.

Their documentation is lacking within the product but they have a great services team that was able to help get me trained so not a big deal.

Mari C.
Financial Accountant in Kanada

Power, Flexibility, Increased Transparency, Automation

We needed a tool that could integrate with our CRM and that could keep up with our frequent commission plan changes and CaptivateIQ is able to do that. The onboarding experience was great, ongoing support is great, and I truly feel like CaptivateIQ is a valued member of our commissions team and invested in our success. They're always open to user feedback and continue to roll out new features, improving the overall commission processing experience. Reps and management now have the latest commission data readily available and can focus on higher value add activities.

With flexibility comes complexity. Getting to know the backend of the platform took a bit of time, but if you're used to Excel and it's formulas the layout and tools are pretty intuitive.

Jesse S.
BDR Manager in USA

CaptivateIQ Review

Kommentare: We are solving cross team collaboration with commission between accounting and my BDR management team and moving away from excel spreadsheets. This has totally given new clarity and transparency across 3 different teams and made a lot of the grunt work of managing a BDR team go away. Also love that I can customize the comp structure to my own system.

-UX, simplicity - this product makes it incredibly flexible and easy to model my BDR commissions and work with accounting to ensure everyone is on the same page with comp. Working in a startup means we often change how we comp, and having a seamless UX and flexibility is crucial in using commission software for our BDRS.

only con is not being able to login via the website - sometimes hard to track down the app itself and where to login

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Microsoft Excel und PAY1 MPOS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu CaptivateIQ: Simple UX, flexibility, customizable, collaboration opportunities, seamless experience, zero bugs.

Sarah D.
Sales Operations Manager in USA
Personalwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Very easy to use!

Kommentare: CaptivateIQ is REALLY EASY to use and understand, especially if you come from the world of Excel. After a few sessions with their services team, I’m comfortable making changes to the product on my own. We have a large sales team with a variety of teams / plans and this streamlined the whole process. I recommend this for any large and fast growing sales team.

Coming from Excel and being able to use CaptivateIQ for commissions processing has been a huge win. I love the product and can’t rave enough about it. Some of the big things I like about the product include: - Being able to custom build the statements per each plan - Easily accommodate changes with people leaving and joining new teams - Loved how easy it is to use especially getting the reps to get into the system and use it (little to no training) CaptivateIQ also has a great services team. They help think through all the use cases and make sure everything is setup correctly. I've never experienced a services team as dedicated and effective as theirs!

I would love to be able to download statements. Also, on the statement reporter, while incredibly easy to use, I would love more features like adding colors and grouping.

Austin H.
Austin H.
Revenue Operations Manager in USA

Great workflow and great onboarding

Kommentare: Commission processing time is down significantly, what used to take hours is now being done in one or less. Statements are quick to deploy and easy to understand. There is a lot more confidence in the plans as they are being administered systemically and not through multiple spreadsheets.

• Tool is powerful but simple to use. • It's possible to create some pretty complex rules within the engine, but where it really shines is in simplifying the data to payment process. • The onboarding process was phenomenal. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] really went above and beyond to make sure that all of my questions were answered and to make me a power user of the platform. • The formulas used for calculation are simple and familiar as they mimic Excel, and the syntax is easy to pick up as it also mimics Excel. Where it picks up its power is by allowing SQL database functions like joins, unions, table filters, grouping, etc.

• I spent some time wishing there was a better way to store "environment variables" during setup, rather than storing them as rows in a table. • I wish that there were automated emails that went out to an employee when the payment was "locked" (when the payment amount is approved by the administrator.) • I wish that there was more user hierarchy. For example, I can easily create "managers" who can view the payments queued up for their "employees" but the plan administrator is still the one to queue those up. It would be nice to give the manager final say in when the employee can see their plan and payment. • The dataloader tool requires a bit of data cleansing prior to popping it in, slight nuisance.

Jillian S.
New Business Rep in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Single Source of Truth

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: The problem that CaptivateIQ solves for my sales team is taking away any grey area. CaptivateIQ provides transparency for our team and allows direct reports to have ownership over their commission. There have been times were discrepancies have come up between what I thought my attainment was vs. what I was actually paid on and without CaptivateIQ I would never have known this.

I like that CaptivateIQ provides a single source of truth for my sales team. In the sales world, commission is everything and CaptivateIQ is a platform that allows management and direct reports to be on the same page. If there's ever a question about what I'm being paid I know I can turn to CaptivateIQ for the information I need. In many ways, CaptivateIQ acts as a leger for my payouts and it can be referred back to whenever I need it. It is extremely effective because I can see how my performance as reported in salesforce matches against what I was actually paid.

I don't particularly dislike any aspect of CaptivateIQ but I wish there were additional notifications. I think that it would be helpful if CaptivateIQ was synced with my companies HR/salary platform (ADP) so I could access these statements in one place. If not, then I'd like to be notified when updates in CaptivateIQ are made so I can stay on top of it.

Conner F.
Conner F.
Sales Operations Analyst in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Game Changer

Kommentare: Overall we have had great success with CIQ. Managers love the approval process and Reps enjoy understanding exactly how they are being compensated. On the back end, we have enjoyed the increased understanding because of the reporting it allows us to have. As our teams grow we know we have the bandwidth to support them since CIQ is very scalable.

The best features that CIQ has given us are the automation and accuracy it brings to the table. That by far has helped my org know that commissions are done right the first time.

The feature I would like to see come out is a reporting and dashboard section that is easy to use and allow me to give access to the governing managers of those teams.

Stephanie P.
Director of Finance and Accounting in Schweiz

CloudBees and CaptivateIQ

Kommentare: Our overall experience is positive because whenever we run into an issue which we cannot resolve, one of the customer success technicians jumps on a call to help us with a solution.

What we like most is being able to see how much commission is calculated for each deal and in total for that deal. This is useful for audit purposes as well.

You need to be able to know how to create formulas. The formulas are similar to that in excel. However, if the employee isn't strong in excel, then this would be a limitation. Of course the other side, is to use PS to help with these issues.

Laura H.
Analytics Manager in USA
Baumaterial, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Product, Great Service!

Kommentare: CaptivateIQ has an excellent support network. They have a helpdesk you can email with any questions or issues, office hours for technical support and you get assigned a business development manager to ensure your needs are met and address any functionality you would like to see implemented in the software. There are several things I have suggested that I have seen implemented since using the software. They are constantly making upgrades to make the software better!

CaptivateIQ has saved me so much time when calculating commissions! In addition, the statements the sales reps review allow for transparency in how their commissions are calculated and confidence they are getting paid correctly.

The design of the commission statements can be a little intimidating; however, the formulas are very similar to Excel and CaptivateIQ has office hours which are held virtually where they pair you with an expert that can answer any questions you have.

Matthew P.
Senior Compensation Analyst in Schweiz

C-IQ review

Kommentare: Excellent overall experience.

The speed and reliability of the system are big plusses. It is easy to use and can cope with the nuances of our different commission plans. C-IQ have an excellent support and customer service team.

The product is continually improving and adding new features. C-IQ listen to customer feedback in this respect.